October 2019 Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
October 2019 Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 530 replies, has 39 voices, and was last updated by  BrightonBelle 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 539 total)

• USA Day 1 FD
    Second Post

I wanted to congratulate Rabbette for those incredible stats! Way to go!

Day 1 – NFD – Italy 🇮🇹 on holidays

Quick post – thanks for hosting @betsylee! Will check in properly when I’m back…
    Hoping October is a good month for everyone! 💪
    Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 2 – New Zealand – FD

Well I had the day off yesterday, skipped the gym, ate around 2500 calories and had a nice porter with my dinner, but back to focus today. I have some lentil casserole for lunch today and some beef bolognaise (without pasta)for dinner and I’ll get an extra 15 minutes at the gym today.

Have a great day everyone

Day 2 uk Oxfordshire (Portugal)
    Posting early as not sure if I will have Wi-Fi tomorrow.
    Day 1 nfd not too bad a day, lunch out consisted of black clams & razor clams with garlic and olive oil sauce. Then dinner was large prawns with mayo, sardines and percebes ( Goose barnacles- not my favorite)
    If I believe what I read then they are mostly high protein low fat. Just one bread roll.

Day 2 will be fd with large sardines and patron peppers for dinner. Hopefully some good choices.
    We are staying in Nazaré, Portugal at the moment and visited Sítio today. Used funicular to reach it and then ‘onward and downward’ stairway to get back. Only time I’ve said the phrase out loud. Keep on everyone.

Day 1 – UK – FD500

Well I finished the September Challenge with a FD and started the October Challenge with another FD – hopefully this is a good sign for this month’s challenge 😇

Busy day started off with a lovely walk this morning then baked a Lemon Drizzle traybake and also a Chocolate and Berry one for tomorrow’s afternoon tea at the local club for the elderly that I volunteer at. OH and I then went to our regular HIP (high impact pilates) class late afternoon.

@yvonneb – welcome to the October challenge
    @tlc2 – welcome back – some of us are still here from your last visit in Feb 2018
    @ciren2 – so happy to see you are hanging one and continuing to post 🤗

Well I had better share a bit about me for those new to these challenges
    I am a 61 y.o. female, married, with a grown up daughter. Height = 163cm/5ft 4in and I started this WOL on my own in January 2016 – joined the challenges in November 2016 as I had plateaued for around 3 months and then reached maintenance in early December 2016 and have been in maintenance range of 53-55kg/116.8-121.2lbs and a BMI of just over 20 since then! Total weight loss = 22kg/3st 7lbs

I love a range of exercise, currently doing yoga 🙏 which I discovered in November 2015 and it has just been the best thing for me, both physically and mentally. I also do Broga, Pilates, Aerobics and love hiking on the fells in my beloved Lake District ⛰ (I moved here when I retired in 2013) and I also do some volunteering in my local community

Pocket list Day 1 – added myself to the pocket list even though I am at the end of my FD
    @ccco
    @yo-yo
    @rabbette
    @at

The support, camaraderie and friendship offered on these challenges is wonderful – no one judges!

My personal motto on this journey is to remember that “If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”

NZ Day 2 – NFD
    Am going to try and post each day this month as I really need to focus as I am starting a new job later this month and I have to wear a uniform. I have been for my fitting and deliberately chose a tight fit so I don’t have any wriggle room to put on more weight. I’m at my present job for another couple of days, but the boss hasn’t found my replacement yet, so may end up doing some casual hours over the next three weeks. I am doing long hours at work to get everything tidied up and try and write instructions/notes for the new office manager.
    Was going well on my fast day yesterday, until last night when my OH opened a bag of black jellybeans (a favourite of mine) and I kept going back for more. Unfortunately they were a bag of ‘seconds’, and most of the beans were double ups, so instead of one, I usually got two, three or more in a lump! But today is a new day and a new start!

Day 2, AUs, FD (B2B)

Hello all

Had a good start to the month yesterday and woke feeling refreshed and energetic. Took the dogs for a walk – beautiful spring morning here and a great start to the day.

To mix it up a bit – and to hurl myself on that wagon – I’m going to do B2B FD. I don’t think I’ve done that before.

OH asked me last night “why do you do this to yourself” (“starve” as he puts it) and I said it’s the only thing that works. While I’ve not really been fully committed this year to 5:2 at least the weight has not ballooned upwards (only by 1-2 kg but not moving into a new decade of numbers!). So that’s a good reminder to me.

@yo-yo Fletch: yes dogs can do 5:2! I needed to drop a few kilos off my dog and the vet said the easiest way to do that is not to feed her one day a week. I guess she saw the look on my face because she immediately followed up with yes, that’s what most owners think!

@rabbette – I fully sympathise. I think stubbed toes and banging one’s funny bone are the highest injury to pain ratios out there. Eg. If you get shot in the arm, you’d expect that to hurt a LOT, but merely stubbing one’s toe? Mega ouch!!

I better start the work day. But oh boy, a colleague just warned me out about birthday cake on offer today (not mine, btw). Be strong!

Day 1 – USA – NFD

Hello, all newbies and veterans of 5:2! This is one of the friendliest, non-judgmental forums you will have the privilege of participating in. I have been posting since February of 2017 and haven’t missed a month yet, although since I reached maintenance last April or May, I was not posting daily, but still reading all of your posts and marveling at your progress! I am looking forward to a lovely autumn with you all (or summer with all those from Australia) as we seek to lose/maintain those pesky pounds. Thank you, @betsylee for cheering us along!

Day 2 country West Australia NFD
    Yesterday’s NFD went …. Ate over TDEE with part of a meat pie and veggies for lunch and then just mushroom soup and a wholemeal roll for dinner. Not great but not the worst.
    Today’s NFD will be better as I am at work and don’t have a lunch break.
    Already decided what I’ll have today. Planning is so important!
    @rabbette and @neilithicman – I can but dream as someone said yesterday.
    I do think I need to move more. Have been very sedentary for the past 2 years as work has become more ‘ paper focussed’ and the paperwork drives me crazy – especially when technology lets you down eg no mobile phone reception or computer battery gets flat after only half a day.
    I did have a lovely walk behind the sheep yesterday as I walked them back down to their paddock. Beautiful spring weather, paddocks of yellow canola as far as the eye can eye – magic.
    Makes you feel good to be alive.😎

second post.
    So this is why I need to be mindful on NFDs.
    Just did a quick plug in of the numbers for yesterday thinking it wasn’t toooo bad – 641 calories over TDEE.
    So actually ate 1 1/2 days calories in a single day. Explains a lot really…..😯

Day 1 Ohio, US — NFD (62 bites)

The eating day has gone well, but boy! is it hot! 25 degrees F (14 C) above the average for this time of year.

A little about me: I’ve been doing the monthly challenges for a little more than a year and managed to get almost to my goal of 167 lb (75.7 kg) last spring. Then came a late spring and summer of one major stress after another and the weight went above my “maintenance upper limit.” September saw me being relatively careful on my NFD’s and I’m starting off this month at 171 lb (77.6 kg), just into maintenance range. So my goal for the month is to lose the remaining 2 or so kg.

Sorry all — will have to close for now. Maybe it’s the heat, but I’m really sleepy at the moment.

Hope October is treating everyone well!

Day 2: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD:

Well, I need to get back into the habit of posting after giving it a rest during September.
    My start weight is slightly up, 62.7kg….my excuse is I’ve had my long weekend, so three days off work. Went back yesterday, ANOTHER wet day!
    Just preparing my breakfast of porridge oats…so see you later.
    Keep up the good work.

Day 2, Emden Germany, CD

I had a good CD yesterday, came in at ~1000 cals, 330 under my goal weight TDEE, aiming for the same today. It will be a beautiful day here today so I plan to clean up the garden and get the bird feeders out. The first geese are coming over from the east, I love to see and hear them.

@ciren2 glad you decided to join us again!

@jaifaim enjoy your well deserved holiday!

@lilymartin your walk sounds so idyllic and peaceful. I often underestimate the amount of calories so this month I’m back to counting and writing down everything I eat again.

@rabbette what an amazing achievement, you’re doing so well. I also want to go down to a BMI of ~21, I feel best at that weight and my clothes will fit better again. The problem with my inner thighs is the fat on the upper part (55.5 cm/21.9in), it’s just a case of losing weight, that will solve the problem. I started doing planks and squats and some exercises from the Canadian army again so I will be fine when I’ve lost the excess weight. I’m hoping for not too much left flabby skin.

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 2 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

Well, I accomplished my good deed for October yesterday; I joined a gym! That was the easy part. I paid upfront for a year too, to get a good discount and to motivate myself to actually attend a few times per week. I used to go regularly when I lived in Durban, but there are no Virgin Active branches in this part of KZN. So it’s taken me 5 months to check out a couple of independent gyms. Better late than never 🏋️‍♂️

Welcome back @ciren2, and other prodigal fasters! 🍏

Day 2 UK FD

Going to make the best of a bit of sunshine today and go for a long walk .Good to have so many determined folk on board for October .@ciren2 be kind to yourself if you are only 62 kg surely you can’t have too much to lose?

Day 2 Lake district UK CFD

Morning all

Despite NFD yesterday, managed to keep the calories below my BMR (1935) and enjoy good homemade food and a glass or two of wine, as well as keeping the calories under my BMR had a good long walk (65 mins fat burning and 970 cals burned)

Nice sunny day here this morning so light breakfast and …. another long walk!

Take care all hope those on FD have an easy.

Day 2 – UK – CD

After yesterday’s grey and rather wet day woke up to blue skies and sunshine 🌤 does lift up the spirits.

Despite a baking afternoon yesterday managed to complete a FD500 making it a 2nd B2B ☺️ to start off this week!

Off to my regular yoga class soon then a volunteering afternoon where I will hopefully stay away from those cakes I made apart from maybe a small bit of the lemon drizzle one 😉
    If I’m serving others I find it easier to abstain myself……..🤞today will be a good CD so as not to undo the B2B fasting days

“October had tremendous possibility. The summer’s oppressive heat was a distant memory, and the golden leaves promised a world full of beautiful adventures. They made me believe in miracles.” Sarah Guillory

I concur with @lilymartin and a few others. I need to move more! And get my heart rate up. We were doing proper swimming for an hour a day in Crete, but now I’m home ( and winter is coming…) I need to do something. I toyed with the Figure 8 fitness regime which popped up all the time on YouTube but have decided on the cheaper option of a Zumba dvd which might be ok. I’m hopeless at Zumba and always feel like I’m the worst in the room, but if I do it at home there’ll only be me in the room. I can be the best and the worst at the same time. Ha!

Day 2 – Stratford Upon Avon, UK – NFD

Good morning everyone! Well, off to a good start yesterday with a successful FD. Slept well last night (for a change!) and feeling brighter this morning than I have for a while.

Having a NDF today and have carefully made my lunch keeping an eye on the cals. I’ve had such a rubbish couple of weeks where my eating spiralled out of control(again, sigh….just when I thought I was getting a handle on it), so for now I’m trying to focus on basic 5:2, eating well and cutting out the mindless snacking, as well as a sober(ish) October. Lets see how it goes. One day at a time I guess…..

@rabbette – WOW! impressive stats! thank you for sharing, it gives me hope.
    Haha! not much chance of me blowing away at the moment, but I do appreciate my DHs patience with my erratic moods and continuous weight loss efforts! Ouch! I hope your toe feels better soon, I have arthritis in my big toe (yup!) so can relate to the pain!
    Could I ask your opinion on something? I’ve just been told I have arthritis in my shoulder – it is very painful and my movement is limited at the moment. I’m due to have steroid and anaesthetic injections soon which should help, thinking of exercise going forward, do you think yoga would be suitable for me to try? I’m not very bendy, lol! I’m worried about loosing movement and I am wondering what would be the best exercise for me to try. Any advise would be much appreciated!
    @penz – I think I would struggle with not feeding my lovely Izzy dog for a day! She would be so confused. I was thinking of maybe OMD on 2 days of the week and upping her walks. I mean, the extra walks would be good for me too!!!
    Win, win….
    @lilymartin – :-O It is amazing how quickly the cals mount up, I prefer not to have to count on NFDs but sometimes it’s good to do a random spot check to make sure I am on track…or not, as the case may be….

Day 2 Leeds,UK NFD
    Yesterday the FD went on well. Tried my best to be strict on myself. Today is a NFD still dont want to jump on food, trying to control my mind. Good luck to everyone to have a great day.

Day 2, London, UK, FD

Yesterday’s FD turned into a CD under 1000cals but not the 500 I was aiming for, today WILL be better and tomorrow & Friday will be two meals out with wine, so I’m planning (hoping!!) for OMAD. Then next week I’ll be knuckling down to ‘proper’ fasting, no faffing around, no treats, booze or snacking just planning weekly meals and sticking to the it NO MATTER WHAT!!!!

Lovely to see so many challengers this month, I’m looking forward to lots of reading, if only to keep me out of the kitchen!!! It’s blue skies and sunshine here in London, so I’ll go for a walk at 2pm then break-fast at 3pm with a veggie soup then a chicken stir-fry for dinner tonight, the kitchen will close promptly at 7:30 pm …………………….. planning, planning, planning!!!!

I’ve decided that, whatever is happening in future, I WILL fast at least one day per week at <500cals, otherwise the fat fairy starts whispering in my ear!! It doesn’t take much, she just whispers ‘doughnuts’ or ‘Wotsits’ or ‘red wine’ and it’s like the subliminal messaging turns me into an eating zombie …………………………… a super slow moving eating zombie who finds it hard to catch the wagon, let alone drag itself on-board!!!! I may be repeating myself from yesterday, but September saw me teetering on the edge of the slippery slope, I’ve stepped back from the edge and the resolve is high & as @at says ……………………….

“If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”!!!

………………………………… Not a chance!!!

Day 2- Georgia, USA – NFD

Hello Everyone! I have been encouraged by reading all of the posts for October so far. I love to hear about everyone’s journey, struggles, and successes. Today is another NFD for me, but I will have a FD tomorrow. I had to adjust my week due to my dear Mom treating me to Mexican food and pizza this week.
    Does anyone remember the exercise program Callanetics from the 80s? I have decided that I will try to do some small sessions and one hour long session per week in October. It’s a tough program, but it will go well with 5:2.
    Have a great day!

Day 2 Canada NFD

Thanks for hosting this month’s challenge @betsylee I am so glad to be here, I won’t be using the spreadsheet so no need to add me.

I joined the challenges back in August 2017 and loved in from day 1, I found out later that year that I had some serious health issues and have been struggling since then. I have had 4 surgeries so far and the last one (hopefully!!) is set for later this year. Going from a fit, strong and super healthy person to one where medical help just hasn’t been working has been very challenging, My attitude has been my biggest problem lately, simply frustrated I guess. Getting back to the challenges has been a big help and I think I have turned the corner.

I’ve cut out chocolate, re-introduced meditation and removed wine from my day. For me the benefits of fasting are all about health, I feel better and am fully focussed on what I eat on this WOL. I carry all of my weight on my belly and I know that adds all sorts of health risks, and hey who likes the look!!

@rafikiki44 @funshipfreddie @ihatelettuce @flourbaby @neilithicman @rabette you inspire me- congrats on your success.

Yesterday was a good FD for me- today is going to be 16:8 loaded with veggies, water and some yoga. Sounds good to me!

Day 2 Melb Aust NFD (oops!)

FD that was not, today – discovered a “pop-up” store at the shops with a delicious variety of doughnuts. Sigh! Well, just have to avoid that location for the next week, and after that it will probably be gone again. Have to do a FD tomorrow instead.

Lots of great posts, and I’ll try to respond as much as possible. A couple of folk “snuck in” while I was writing yesterday’s post, so welcome back to @tlc2, I’m sure you’ll settle back into this WOL quickly, and to @ccco, you’ve gone vegetarian. Does that challenge you re sufficient protein intake to feel full on FDs?

Good to see you back, @songbirdme

@yo-yo Fletch, let’s stop the yo-yo-ing, head the weight downwards, and keep it there.

@ciren2, great that you’re persevering, even if the weight is slightly up at the start of the month. You know that a few good FDs will bring it down.

@rabbette, good for you to persevere with your FD despite all the pressures of the day. Ouch! Hope the sore big toe heals quickly. Must have been difficult managing some of the yoga moves with the pain. Impressed with your BMI decrease – it’s what I dream of, but remind myself that it will come.

@jaifaim, good to read your post. Enjoy your hols, and we’ll see you back into 5:2 on your return.

@neilithicman, you’re doing great. Not sure that 15 extra minutes in the gym makes up for indulgences, but you seem to manage well anyway.

@suki2, you’re managing sensible food choices while on holidays – better than I’d do!

@at, what a wonderful start you’ve made with B2B FDs.

@wacm, whoops, sounds like avoiding black jelly-beans (or educating your OH) is needed. Still tomorrow is another day.

@penz, hope the B2B weent well.

@metatauta, great to hear from a maintenance 5:2er who can encourage us all.

@lilymartin, yep, being too sedentary at work is a real trap. I used to make a habit of briefly walking round the office every so often to stretch and move. Is that something you can add to your day, or would it be too difficult in your work situation? Oops re the calories being higher than you thought.

@matpi, glad you’ve joined us, as you can inspire us all. I’m sure you’ll quickly move more securely into maintenance.

@snowflake56, well done on having a good CD

@funshipfreddie, great you’ve joined a gym, now make sure you use the membership well, and have great stories to share of your slim, trim and terrific advances

@brightonbelle, hope you had a lovely long walk

@i hate lettuce, good that you’re keeping under your TDEE (probably not BMR, but rather your BMR multiplied by your activity level)

@emma Taylor, have fun with Zumba

@suresh3101, great that your day 1 FD went well. Keep it up!

@flourbaby, don’t be too hard on yourself. A CD under 1000 cals is better than a TDEE day. Enjoy London’s sunshine while you have it!

@yvonneb, I don’t know the Callanetics program – let us know how it goes.

@bellyblast, great that you’re back to join us. Re belly fat – sometimes it’s a wheat allergy, or too many carbs like rice, wheat, pasta. Are they off your menu?

We’ve made a great start everyone. Let’s keep on keeping on the downward trail!

Good grief!!!! I nearly fell off of my chair ……………….. a pop up doughnut shop ……………… who thought that was a good idea??!!! That sooooo needs to stay in Melbourne, if there was just one in London, I guarantee I could sniff it out!!!!

@betsylee, I’m right there with you, for that? unfortunately ………………………. resistance is futile!!!!

Heading home for a stir-fry, Phew!!!

Day 2 second post

@betsylee …. apart from the odd day I have been keeping calories consumed under my BMR which is 1939 …. TDEE is 2667 (don’t really use TDEE it could easily be tempting to eat up to that amount.

Quite meticulous re counting calories and keeping records, only way I can do it!

Last 6 days calories consumed ….1794.1430.1760.945.1770.1190

Early start tomorrow, away day and FD as well!

Have a good day tomorrow (Thursday) all those on FD.

Day 3 – New Zealand – FD

My goal for this week will be consolidating my loss. I had a huge loss of 1.6 kilos last week after 5 back to back fast days and I want to make sure I don’t have any bounce back.

My last 4 weeks weigh-ins have been 1.6 kilo loss, 0.4 kilo loss, 0.2 kilo gain, then last week’s 1.6 kilo loss. It seems to be a pattern with my weight loss that I’ll have a big week of loss followed by 1 or 2 small weeks.

Day 2 – UK- NFD

Thanks for your welcome back @at & @betsylee – first FD was tough but a success 👍 even managed a gym session. I want to commit to both this WOL & moving more…..already gaining inspiration from all the posts!

Day 1 UK NFD
    Day 2 UK FD

So her I go again, trying to get back onto that wagon! I lost over 20 lbs 2 years ago and have gradually regained 14 back! The reason for keeping on trying… to be honest,,, to look better and feel healthier but also to get back into all the clothes I bought when I was thinner!
    I’d like to lose the weight by New Year as I’m heading back to Australia for another holiday to see my daughter and as it will be very warm I can’t hide under my UK winter clothes!!
    Looking forward to this journey again.
    Good luck to all the fasters !

Day 3 FD country west Australia
    WooHoo!!! Yesterday had an accidental FD as I work right through without a lunch break.
    Planned on dinner but a hair appointment scheduled for tonight was re-scheduled for last night at the last minute, so straight out of work into the hairdresser’s chair.
    When I finally arrived home at 8.00 pm I didn’t feel hungry so made do with 2 tablespoons of baked beans and 1 tablespoon tuna salad and kept under 500 calories. Whoop de doo!!
    (I really love cold baked beans on fresh buttered white bread. Don’t have it often but it is an occasional treat. My family think I’m mad!!)
    I have reverted to black tea – not really a fan – and have drastically cut down on my large flat white coffees which seems to be helping.
    Since I’m on a roll decided to try for B2B today. Really feeling the lurve ATM.
    @at, lovely quote
    @bellyblast, so sorry to hear about your health issues. Yes the health benefits of 5:2 are so good. I think I forgot about that whilst I ate my way to obesity. Just re-reading one of Michael Moseley’s books and I had forgotten just how bad high insulin levels are and the fat cells hanging on!
    @flourbaby, yes the fat fairy has MUCH to answer for. She superglued the tractor tyre around my waist some years ago. I got rid of that tyre and was quite svelte at 70.5 kgs but she found me and brought all her friends and family along when I was so busily stuffing my face…..
    @ciren2, I can but dream of such a low weight
    @mia139 Your journey sounds a bit like mine. Let’s do it together. I feel really enthusiastic at the mo so trying to make the most of it.
    Have a good day all.
    Onwards and downwards🤞

Day 3, Aus, NFD

I feel so much more in control this month. Successfully did a B2B FD (thanks for checking, @betsylee). Yesterday I did succumb to a piece of office birthday cake – a small piece, and given that’s all I ate for the day I’m confident in counting it as a FD.

Like you, @flourbaby, I’m out for a lovely dinner tonight so I might try and make this a OMAD.

Wasn’t it Calethestics, @YonneB? My mind has gone straight to Olivia Newton-John and her song “Physical”!

And in the spirit of full accountability, I’m about to do something I’ve never done on this forum. (Big breath). I weighed in this morning at 87.6kg. I have been down to 83kg while doing 5:2 over the last 2 years. My highest weight has bene 96kg. I’m 5’ 6”. (Great mix of metric and imperial there.) I don’t know what my goal weight is. Possible around 70kg. I guess I’ll know when I get there, but I’ve not been in the 70s since my 20s and I’m now in my mid-40s.

So there. Fully out there! It’s doable to get below 80 by the end of the year.

Day 2 USA (Illinois) FD800

Another “accidental” FD today, got busy moving water from our basement floor, and didn’t take time to eat. Whew…

@matpi where your temps are way above normal, our rains have been colossal! Flooded roads all over the place, and DH and I are exhausted from wet vacuuming and squeegeeing across the floor. Seepage just came out of everywhere. Now we are seriously trying to see if we can find any contractor who can help solve our problems. We’re too old for this. (he’s 72, and me 71)

Taking some ibuprofen and off to bed before long.

Onward and downward.

Day 3 NFD NZ
    Today would have normally been a FD but the mechanics at my work insisted that we have morning tea to celebrate (?) me finishing up tomorrow. So will probably have to try and do a fast over the weekend to make up. I am struggling this week, feeling very tired as I’ve not been able to get to sleep at night. I think its because we started daylight saving last weekend and I always seem to take a few days to get sorted out. Looking forward to having some time off between jobs, but the challenge will be to fast while at home!

Day 3 – New Zealand – FD

@wacm – Nice to have another kiwi here, what part of Aotearoa are you based in? I’m down in Dunners.

Day 3, Emden Germany, NFD

had another good CD yesterday, only had ~ 825 cals.

@rabbette hope your injured toe will be better today.

@bellyblast, I’m sorry to hear about your health issues, hope it will be the last surgery you have to go through.

@songbirdme I feel with you, we had a flooded basement twice, it’s so annoying when it happens and you can’t stop it. Heavy rains are expected here on Saturday so we have to make sure nothing will be damaged too much but there’s always something we have to throw out.

Found something about Callanetics on youtube: Callenetics – 10 years Younger in 10 Hours. My DH would be pleased seeing me do this, ha!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNqe6o1nzPY

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 3: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD:

@snowflake56: thanks for the welcome….how are you these days?
    @mia139: Your story is much like mine, losing all the weight (5:2 works) but then losing focus. Maintaining was my downfall, I’m afraid. Like you I haven’t put it ALL back on (even several years later) but I haven’t been able to get back on the wagon either. I also have my daughter in Australia! Unlike you, I can’t face that journey…she’s visiting us in December.
    @lilymartin: Yes, I AM grateful not to be TOO overweight, but at less than 5’2″ I have to say I am somewhat….all on the tummy area too, the unhealthiest area. Also there is a lot of diabetes in my family, especially on my mother’s side…..everyone seemed to get it. My grandma died at only 57 from complications.

2nd post

hi @ciren2 I’m doing very well esp. after looking at the callanetics video! Have to look for another one to see what this really is. Perhaps your daughter’s visit can motivate you to get back on the wagon, she will be stunned if you’ve lost a bit of weight. We’re in this together and I’m a struggler too.

Day 3 UK

Quick visit, off out for day, FD as well!

Weigh in day tomorrow, plateau this week so see what morning brings.

Have an easy FD those on one and take care everybody.

Day 3 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

My first FD of October! I feel almost enthusiastic. Not really.. 😳

@daffodil2010 – where are you? Come back! I miss your humour. I even forgot it was ‘Hump Day’ yesterday. All your fault 😉

Let’s hope we have an easy FD today 🍏

Pocket List – Day 3
    @neilithicman
    @lilymartin
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @funshipfreddie

Day 3, London, UK, NFD (hopefully OMAD)

Looking forward to my night out and a lovely Thai meal, I’ll be mindful with the vino too, well, maybe!!!!

@bellyblast, keeping you in my thoughts, good healthy vibes winging their way to you!!

@yvonneb, I’m not sure if it’s the right one, but I remember Callanetics ………………… I had the ‘video’ (it was the 80’s!!!) starring ‘Callan’ Pinckney, if I remember she had scoliosis and invented this exercise regime and straightened her spine! I’ll always remember there’s a section of the video showing the 5 points where your legs should touch together …………………………. And NO ……………………. 5 points joined together, i.e. all the way down doesn’t count!!!

Aside from the peanut butter adoration, I think we have a lot more in common @penz!! Over the last 2 years I’ve gone from 195lbs down to 150lbs, but now up to 158lbs and I’ve been bouncing around 160-ish for AGES!!! I rarely post my weight since the bouncy-bouncy scales have been doing their thing, but now I know how to get the numbers to go down I’m not too bothered about my current weight ………………………… after-all, it isn’t permanent!!! 70kg here you come, no problem!!!

@songbirdme, I hope the water issue gets resolved ASAP, me & my leaky roof sympathise!!!

Unfortunately @funshipfreddie, I can only assume our other early poster @daffodil2010 is still lounging on a beach somewhere or flying down the motorway on the back of her motorcycle and not giving us a second thought ……………………………. Fear not, she WILL return!!!

“I didn’t get there by wishing for it or hoping for it, but by working for it.” – Estée Lauder

Day3 UK FD

Thanks@lilymartin and @Ciren 2 for the call out and support! I’m really trying to focus on 5:2 again and get right back into the swing of it! And trying not to beat myself up for the weight gain but buckle down and just lose it again!!
    Together we can do this!

Day3 Leeds,UK FD

Doing FD today, yesterday was a good day with controlled diet. All in the mind really to get this done. Hope today goes well too. Green teas and banana to get through the day. Have an awesome day everyone.

Day 3 – Stratford Upon Avon, UK – FD

I can’t write off October on Day 3 – right?

Yesterdays NFD turned into an EFS 🙁 and can’t even tell you why but I feel terrible today. However, I can’t change what I did yesterday BUT I CAN change what I do going forward. My head is all over the place at the moment, I’m afraid to brave the scales but I might just have to face that short sharp shock before I can move forward with this blip (blooming BIG blip!)….

So…
    Today is going to be a FD for me, 2nd FD this week so at least I’m managing that. FDs aren’t actually a problem, I’m relieved to be doing this today. Fingers crossed that whatever is going on in my head at the moment sorts itself out and I manage to regain some control on my NFDs.

@betsylee – thank you, it’s difficult to change the habits of a life time but I guess I only fail when I stop trying…..

Day 3 – Georgia, USA – FD

Yesterday I ate way too much, but today is a fast day. I started back with Callanetics after work yesterday and today I feel pretty good.

@penz Wow, I haven’t thought about the Olivia Newton John “Physical” video in years, brings back memories. Callanetics is a deep muscle exercise that really works to melt fat and lose inches.
    @flourbaby Yes that is the program, and I totally forgot about that 3 points picture until you mentioned it. I am not sure I will ever have the 3 points, but hope to flatten the belly and have that “peach” bottom that it can give.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Day 3 USA (Illinois) NFD

Good drying weather today, we hope! Basement is already better. Thanks @snowflake56 and @flourbaby for wonderful sympathy. Our county has some closed roads this morning, so it is everywhere. Even (Business) US 20 is closed at a railroad underpass.

Discussion of exercise, Callanetics, and Olivia Newton John is always fun! Even though our WOL really is just about changing how we eat, there are lots of needs to keep moving. Our Silver Sneakers teacher (SS is for the over-65 crowd) reminds us constantly that the reason people end up in pain, arthritis, etc. is most generally from not moving!

Onward and downward.

Day 3 – USA – NFD

USA Day 3 FD

Hi, all! Just jumping in for accountability!

Pocket List – Day 3
    @neilithicman
    @lilymartin
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @funshipfreddie
    @ccco

Day 3 UK NFD

Day 3_ Atlanta, Ga- USA CFD

Day 3 Canada FD

I’m excited to be fasting today, it feels right.

@betsylee I don’t eat much carbs so that’s not it, at least I know fasting will get rid of the buddha belly
    @penz glad you are feeling motivated you’ve got this
    Thanks for the vibes @flourbaby
    Yikes @songbirdme sounds like a disaster, good luck

Pocket list
    @neilithicman
    @lilymartin
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @funshipfreddie
    @ccco
    @bellyblast

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 539 total)

You must be logged in to reply.