October 2019 Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
October 2019 Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 530 replies, has 39 voices, and was last updated by  BrightonBelle 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 39 posts - 501 through 539 (of 539 total)

• Day 29 California NFD

Red flag day so let’s hope there are no more fires.

Just to check in briefly to say I can set up the spreadsheet after work tonight @ciren2 so you should see it when you wake up tomorrow.

USA Day 29 FD

Just popping in to add myself to the pocket list.

Pocket list day 29
    @daffodil2010
    @snowflake56
    @ccco

Bit busy winterizing my yard and beginning my Fall/Winter activities. My plan is to stay very busy this Winter and away from food!! Have a great day, everyone!

Day 29, VA, USA, FD B2B

Had contemplated doing a 5 day water fast – been inspired by the complete guide to fasting and even when I’m doing the >500 calories (by the 2nd day of B2B) It already gets easier. However after making my dear love their breakfast this morning and examining the fridge contents, it is WAY toooooo loaded with veggies (which was my mistake b/c I forgot to pause my CSA box for last week) And even tho I FEEEEL like I would love a good 5 day water fast. I’ll just stick to the >500 FDs this week.

@neilithicman – •?((¯°·._.• Happy Birthday •._.·°¯))؟• and I saw your pictures too! Great JOB!

@snowflake56 – commenting on the “just want some sweets” have you tried making a healthy version of some sweet treats that you like? Like a chia seed pudding (which is super easy to make) and you can make many different flavors depending on the fruit added to suit your taste. It would have much lower calories AND as a bonus it is full of fiber! I love making healthier versions of desserts. My Black Bean brownies are requested for nearly every friend and family gathering.

@ciren2 – Good job staying in control and for hosting

@daffodil2010 – Ooooo what a great idea just get away in the camper! Maybe We can do that someplace nearby us with ours.

@betsylee – yay 200gms below the October start!

@i-hate-lettuce – I got a good chuckle out of “he has a bad wrist, can’t stop the wine flowing out of the bottle!” And your FD sounds like how mine are now after several months of doing them. Not typically hungry (doesn’t mean I don’t have the occasional FD become challenging – especially after a carb filled day before the FD)

@therealwil78 – oooooo more ••¤(`×[¤ Happy Belated Birthday Wishes ¤]×´)¤••!!!

@emma-taylor – have a fantastic journey! Maybe OMAD for some days? (Thats usually what I do on trips, I don’t lose, but I also don’t gain.)

@rafiki44 – thanks for the spreadsheet care.

Pocket list day 29
    @daffodil2010
    @snowflake56
    @ccco
    @rabbette

Day 29 UK CD

Checking in for accountability, part of revving up for November reboot on Friday

Full evening event yesterday, ate reasonably well with a little wine but Exhausted. Today recovery and prep for tomorrow’s conference – nearly at the end of the season, full of bug and SO tired. Looking forward to November challenge – self care, sleep and mindful eating

@nellithicman happy birthday!

@rafiki44: Many thanks for doing a spreadsheet for November…..that sort of thing is way beyond me!
    I’ll put up the November Challenge shortly, and let you know….so be ready.

Day 30 – New Zealand – FD

Thanks for the birthday messages everyone. Well I didn’t go mad with eating on my birthday for once. I had a three egg omelette with ham and cheese for dinner and one slice of cake as well as my celebration sausage roll, nuts, avocado and some new season asparagus for lunch and snacks 😋

But back on the fasting train today.

@betsylee – yes, I will try to get to around 85, but I’m not in a hurry. I’ll probably add a non fast day now and let my body gradually work down to there. I’m comfortable where I am but 85 would be nice.

Day 29 USA (Illinois) NFD

Managing quite well – but don’t get me wrong: maintenance still requires lots of judicious eating!

@neilithicman – Happy belated birthday, dear Neil ♫♪♫♪ happy birthday to YOU! Glad you didn’t go nuts eating. Pat yourself on the back!

Wow, is it almost November? But the 2″ of wet snow on the ground this morning is still FAR TOO EARLY for northern Illinois.

@betsylee – you’ve been one tremendous hostess this month. Thank you for all your terrific support and feedback. 🙂

Onward and downward.

Day 29 Ohio, US — NFD

Back to my old eating plan. I usually weigh in after the second FD each week which will already be in November. As of the last weekend this month has seen a net increase of 1 lb ( .45 kg). Hence this new change in eating regimen. With any luck the beginning of November will see me back in the maintenance region.

@songbirdme They’re predicting up to 6 inches (15 cm) of snow for where I just moved from in northwest Ohio. Here it will just be rain. One thing I’ve noticed in the two months since I relocated is that for the same temperature I can dress much lighter. I think that’s because of the perpetual wind in NW Ohio.

@michelinme Rebooting on Friday sounds like a good idea, especially after Trick-or-Treat night on Thursday. In the past I’ve had a hard time resisting some of the candy that remains after all the kids have come by.

@rabbette and @snowflake56 One way I have of coping with wanting something sweet is to follow Michael Pollan’s rule: You can eat junk food, provided you make it yourself. I make my “junk food” using a recipe from a mug-meal recipe book. That way I only make a single serving with no leftovers to tempt me later. Most of the time that works well.

Have a happy Hump Day all!

@ciren2 the November post is started with the link.

third post

Happy belated birthday @neilithicman and the pictures are amazing!

I had the conversation with my coworker yesterday about fasting and…. today he showed up with three boxes of krispy kreme donuts for the office!
    Oh well, I will remember that I can’t control everything.

Day 30: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD:

I’ve just set up the November Challenge!
    Here’s the link….

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/november-2019-challenge/

Thanks again @rafiki44 for doing the spreadsheet.

So, back to today….quick breakfast, and off to work! See you later xx

Day 30, Emden Germany, FD

@betsylee I only just survived yesterday’s FD, a big apple, freshly picked from the garden, saved me and filled me up.

@ciren2 thanks for setting up the November 2019 Challenge, of course I’m in! @rafiki44 thanks for setting up the spreadsheet again.

@rabbette and @matpi thanks for the suggestions. I don’t eat massive amounts of sweets, I only buy my favourite Dutch ones when we’re there, once or twice a month. It’s the feeling of being at home that makes me buying them. I could do without them, it never tastes a good as expected but I forget that when it’s in front of me. I’m glad I hardly ever eat German sweets, this is the land of cake and I just don’t like the texture, the candy that is sold here tastes too artificial. I don’t really need any sweets, I could live on yogurt with frozen berries so I’ll try to stick to that.

Pocket list day 30
    @neilithicman
    @snowflake56

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 30 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

Happy Hump Day! 🐫

Pocket List – Day 30 🍏
    @neilithicman
    @snowflake56
    @funshipfreddie

Day 30 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Bah ☹️ my body is sitting still at a much larger weight than I am happy with and not moving despite judicious FD’s. Today is another FD but going to throw in a one day egg fast in the hope to get metabolism moving 😁

I will certainly get nowhere near my October goal, and truth be told, getting fed up with eternal plateaus followed by colossal gain after a break. Now I have to spend my time trying to get rid of this gain and wishing I was back on that 9 month plateau again 😨

Anyhow, onwards I go, never, ever, give up. Just a blip. A rather large blip, but keep focused and keep posting and eventually, eventually, I will get there with the help of this wagon and all you guys.

There will be no trick or treats at my house this year. I have decided to go clothes shopping after work tomorrow as I have to pick up a few UK size 12 office ready clothes. So despite not wanting to do that, I have to do that, and the bonus will e avoiding the chocolate and sweets that are always left over from Halloween. The local kids will have finished trick or treating by the time I get home.

It’s the Halloween version of “Bah, Humbug”!!!!

@rabbette I made a chia seed pudding with blueberries and full milk last night. It’s in a glass jar in the fridge but won’t try it until tomorrow (egg fast today). It smells lovely though. Thanks for the idea.

@songbirdme you are inspirational. In maintenance and admitting that maintenance requires lots of judicious eating. From that I need to apply that to my weekends.

@ciren2 thanks for setting up November challenge, I am in for sure, this is my 3rd November challenge!! Thanks @rafiki44 for the spreadsheet too.

Hump day today and I see it’s a two hump day @funshipfreddie 😄

Day 30 – UK – CFD but might try another FD !

Morning all,

Scales this morning down to a new low – now lost 20 whole pounds since 26th July – very happy (and feeling much better for it)
    Things have slowed down from the start when weight was dropping off, but now steady, sometimes go up half a pound (usually the morning after dinner/party with friends) but as long as I keep the ‘bad’ days to one (occasionally two) a week, cut down on alcohol, have two FD’s and CFD’s on average lose a pound a week at the moment.

Learned to make sure I count all calories in, slightly overestimate, except one day a week, always under my BMR (which is 1912 at the moment) ‘Man on a mission walks’ every day, the hills are getting easier to march up! The knees and hip, were getting a bit creaky, now NO joint ache from walking, although muscles occasionally say ‘that was a long walk today’ feeling really good.

Thanks to everyone that contributes to this forum, I find it a great help, never done anything like this before, certainly not for this length of time or with a result like this.
    Will call in here tomorrow, then ‘see’ you all in the November thread.

@betsylee – thanks for hosting this month, these posts give a lot of help and encouragement to us all!

@ciren2 – thanks for taking on November, although we’re away again for a couple of weeks, will be back in and getting rid of holiday weight again! Learned from last holiday a couple of weeks back on 5:2 and ‘recovered’ down to previous low.

Pocket List – Day 30

@ihatelettuce
    @neilithicman
    @snowflake56
    @funshipfreddie

Take care everybody

Day 30, London, UK, NFD,

I’ve decided to give the B2B2Bs a miss until Xmas, some weeks will be ADF, and others will be 5:2. So today I’ve blueberries and Greek yoghurt for lunch and chicken pasta & salad for dinner!!! I’m really looking forward to today, which is how 5:2 worked for me in the beginning!! I know I CAN eat what I want to, but I don’t want to, so making healthy choices when I don’t ‘HAVE’ to might be the key. I might eventually make my days OMAD, but I’ll work towards that slowly.

Having read a few posts here and on other threads, I’ve come to the conclusion that there’s something like a ‘3 year itch’ related to 5:2, I started this WOL in November 2016 & joined this forum the following February and I think this August, September & October have been the hardest so far for me, and a few others. I know it’s complacency and thinking a half-arsed FD is still a FD, well, it isn’t!! Like everyone here, we all have demons to battle, mine revolve around FOMO, red wine, crisps, cake and binging!!! So, just a few things to contend with!!! I love, love love how fasting makes me feel, I need to hang onto that and negotiate the NFDs with a bit more care. Yes @daffodil2010 ……………………….. this is a rather large blip we’re sharing, but it’s just that; a blip!!!

As @at (I hope you join us in November) says ………………………………………..

“If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”

Day 30 UK NFD

Yes @flourbaby it rings a bell with me Life in the form of holidays , celebrations etc has well and truly detailed me this month Aiming to get my act together November

Day 30 Melb Aust TDEE

I’m currently weighing in at around 900 gms below my start of October weight, so very pleasing. Didn’t expect that. I’ve been quite strictly calorie counting and keeping a written record, and it has made a huge difference just writing it down. Reading The Obesity Code by Jason Fung, I noticed how he really doesn’t recommend staying low-cal all the time, so I threw in a TDEE day today, 1779 cals. Then I’ll try for a FD tomorrow and weigh-in on Friday morning, thus finishing and starting on the same day. Hope the numbers are kind to everyone.

@rafiki44, hope there are no fires in your area, and thanks for setting up the spreadsheet – I’ve already entered my eating plan for the month! And re your colleague, “you can lead a horse to water, but you can’t make him drink”. His choice.

@ccco, you’re “winterizing” your garden, while down under, we’re gearing up for summer. My roses already look magnificent. Hope your Day 29 FD went well.

@rabbette, you bring so much colour to our forum, thank you.

@michelinme, I’m with you re the reboot. Even though I’ve lost some of the weight, I’m still about 1.5 kg ABOVE where I was before the start of winter. Unlike what some of you are writing, I tend to gain weight in winter and lose it in summer. Anyway, I hope the November reboot goes well for you.

@ciren2, thanks for setting up the November forum already. It will be a fun month.

@neilithicman, congrats on a CONTROLLED birthday celebration. Yes, 85 would be nice, but….. learning to stay in maintenance seems to be the next challenge.

@songbirdme, you are one of our inspirations! Thank you.

@matpi (and others), if you’re left with a pile of candy after Halloween, if you don’t absolutely LOVE a particular sweet, may I suggest you bin it, and immediately throw other rubbish in on top? I’ve done that a few times over the past few months. I’ve bought something, looked at it and wondered why, tasted it and thought “I can do without this”, and immediately thrown it out. It has ripped into my thrifty soul, but why should I punish my body for my eyes being stupid in wanting something?!

@snowflake56, great save with the apple yesterday. Hope today’s FD goes well, too.

@funshipfreddie, happy hump day to you, too. Hope the FD goes well.

@daffodil2010, don’t give up. Maybe you need some “real” 5:2, by interspersing TDEE days with FDs to keep your metabolism up. Whatever, you can do it.

@i hate lettuce, down 20 lb now, great. Doesn’t losing some weight make such a difference to not only the way you feel, but also how much you can do?!

@flourbaby, good luck with a new start in November. You know this WOL works, and that encourages us all.

@brightonbelle, I’m also joining you in being determined to make November a great weight loss month.

Remember to weigh-in tomorrow (or Friday) and share with us your triumphs or woes. We’re all in this together. 🙂

Day 30 USA (Illinois) CD

Off to Silver Sneakers shortly, then some appointments later on. It will include a trip to Costco where the ‘sample’ people may give me enough lunch that I don’t need any more food!

Had spaghetti squash last evening with marinara sauce and meatballs. So much better for me than carbs of real spaghetti. One little garlic bread was the only carb of the meal.

@matpi – weather life in the Midwest is always interesting, isn’t it. I truly do like all the seasons for all the reasons. We lived in southern California for several years early on in our marriage, and the only interesting part of weather was what we called “earthquake weather.” 🙂

Onward and downward.

Day 30, VA, USA, FD

Mmmmm yesterdays FD turned into about 1000 calories and my notes of interest: it was NOT b/c I was hungry. It was partly from being in pain and hormones wanting a chocolate indulgence (which I’ve read that chocolate releases endorphins) and of course endorphins help trigger a positive feeling in the body. (((And if you know me))) you know I had 100% cacao/cocoa. The higher the percentage the cacao and/or cocoa the more endorphins that are released! Mmmmmm Chocolate!

Must keep a good focus as I would love to hit first goal before December (only b/c December I will be in the mindfulness to at the very least maintain not gain.) none-the-less either reaching first goal or even just being nearly there is still one heck of a gift to myself!

@michelinme – awe – I sure home you feel better soon. HUGS

@ciren2 – Thanks for being our host!

@neilithicman – what is this magical sausage roll you speak of??? (It may not be the best thing to read about you describing it on a FD, but I am intrigued.)

@songbirdme, @matpi – maintenance does still require due diligence. How often do you gals weigh yourself in maintenance. I know I want to stay on top of my game (gain…) but don’t want to obsess about it. I also don’t want to assume that I can just be willy nilly with my eating.

@matpi – YES I make my “junk food” (which I happen to not like things that are too sweet so it is in my best interest to make my own treats) I like this mug-meal deal. Thats actually what I made my Sweetheart and myself last night ((one of my tipping points of going over my FD)) oh my gosh, I too have done the tossing in the bin to the “why the heck did I but this crap” it is so empowering. Im with you and you are so right it is way more stressful on the body and mind than the few dollars it may cost to toss it out (and I do like being thrifty)

@rafiki44 – oh my 3 boxes ay! Well lucky me I don’t like Krispy Kreme donuts *well I mean I think they are ok… * I rather have my donut(s) cream filled or Boston cream filled OR warm right out of the fryer (such as Ms. Yoders) -they are a local donut truck!) thank goodness I fast on Tuesdays when the truck is about 2 minutes from our house or I’d be as big as the house!

@daffodil2010 – I was Reading the complete guide to fasting he mentions the plateau ((oh the plateaus dang them all)) and he goes on to say that really changing up your FDs may help. dare I say maybe a full on 5 day WF (broth if needed)? ((Of course keep the salt handy)) anyway I know you got this – just pull up them boot straps and kick it in da butt. AND heck yeah chia seed pudding with blueberries mmmmm save me some!

@i-hate-lettuce – I found after the first month or so my weight loss slowed and then about 3 months later it had a good whoosh. Good on you and this hills!

@betsylee – awe <blush> 🌷🌼💐🌵🌸🌺🌻💜🌻🌺🌸🌵💐🌼🌷

Pocket List – Day 30
    lets ⚡️ this in the 🐲
    @neilithicman
    @snowflake56
    @funshipfreddie
    @rabbette

Day 30 – UK – 3rd of B2B2B

Apologies for my absence for most of this month – I had my sister visiting from Australia – her first visit to the UK!!!!!!!! I had a fab time playing tourist guide to my beloved Lake District – she and her OH loved it – a lot of good meals and some very nice wines were consumed during her visit but I did try not to go too mad………….

Finishing the month with a B2B2B of 500-600cals each day and not planning on breaking my fast until our meal out tomorrow night – will weigh in tomorrow morning for my end of October weight 🤞

OH and I are out tomorrow night celebrating our 39th Wedding Anniversary (which is actually on 1/11) booked to go to a Michelin Star restaurant near us for their Taster Menu (we have been there before, but probably a couple of years ago now!) – really looking forward to tomorrow night and that has helped to keep me motivated on these B2B2B!!!!!!

I have managed to read the last couple of pages of posts to try and catch up a bit……..
    @mogaman – lovely to see your name pop up at the top of Page 9 – looking forward to having you with us for November and perhaps December?
    @ciren2 – sorry to hear that you have been struggling with your health 🤗 Thank You for picking up the reins for November x
    @snowflake56 – I too have been struggling at 1-2kg above the top of my maintenance weight but hoping to work hard over November to remedy that…….
    @daffodil2010 – 10lbs up after your holidays but I’m pretty sure that you are already making inroads into those unwanted lbs
    @michelinme – lovely to see you back with us after your mini break from the challenges – you too will be able to get rid of those unwanted 10lbs – take it one day at a time
    @yo-yo Fletch – I too have been absent for a lot of October but making a big effort over November and December to refocus before the festive season
    @therealwil78 and @neilithicman – I see you had birthdays whilst I have been AWOL – Happy belated birthday!
    @rafiki44 – thank you for setting up the spreadsheet for November – happy to support you and @ciren2 with it over the November challenge
    @songbirdme – I totally agree with you that “maintenance still requires lots of judicious eating!” I have struggled a bit over the past months
    @flourbaby – Thank you – I’m definitely in for November and whenever I stray a bit I am always glad to have this forum to return to and find that 5:2 friendship and support 🤗

So sorry if I missed anything major that happened to those participating in this October challenge – positive vibes to those in need xx

I promise to post daily for accountability in November as December will be my 3rd anniversary at maintenance and I continually remind myself that “If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”

@rabbette — I weigh each morning. Faithfully. It’s my only way to keep on “top” of my weight.

Day 30 Ohio, US — NFD

Just a quick check-in, just finished prep work for tomorrow. The NFD, as far as food goes has gone well. A plastic hinge on my laptop snapped this morning and so I spent a good part of the afternoon researching what’s available in 2019 for laptops. I really need my laptop on a daily basis, so probably won’t be able to wait until the end of the month for the deals 🙁

My problem with the Halloween candy is that after doing much of nothing but hand out candy for a couple of hours and smelling that sweet aroma for that time, the will power part of my brain seems to get bypassed and I succumb. It’s for that reason that I don’t go down the candy aisle in the supermarket. Unfortunately I can smell a candy bar at twenty paces!

Enjoy spooky thrills!

Pocket list for Thursday:
    @mstpi

Day 31 Melb Aust FD

Okay, done with October now. Weighed in before my FD, and ended 0.8 kg down. Hope to start November a little lower.

Good to see @at back with us, though. Love your saying, and it bears repeating multiple times. I’d have used it this month, except I couldn’t remember the exact wording.

Enjoy November, everyone. Signing off from October now.

Day 31, Emden Germany, FD

lost 1.8 kg/4.0lbs this month, not too bad but I needed too many FDs to get there. Have to do better on my NFDs.

@at lovely to hear from you! How nice to have your sister and her OH with you for a while, I’m sure you all had a great time. What restaurant are you going to tonight, I loved the menue of last year’s restaurant. Enjoy your evening!

@betsylee thank you so much for your support this month, you were the one that encouraged me to go on when I wanted to give up. You were a magnificent host!

Pocket list day 31
    @matpi
    @betsylee
    @snowflake56

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 31: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD:

Well, I’ve learnt some control this month! Mostly by not eating after my (large) afternoon meal when I come home from work. So, I’m about a kilo down on the month….hooray!
    @betsylee: Many thanks for looking after us during October….you did a great job xx

Here’s the link for November.

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/november-2019-challenge/

See you there.

Day 31 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – CD

Another FD done; but I think I will have a slight gain over the month. I may revise my maintenance range to a more realistic number. Final weigh-in tomorrow.

Thank you for hosting @betsylee x

Happy Halloween! 🎃 👻

Day 31 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

The “for one day only” egg fast dispatched 1.5lbs, today is a normal 500 cal FD before final weigh in tomorrow. Any loss would be good whilst I try not to be disheartened at this months gain and stall ☹️

Yeah, feeling sorry for myself, but not about to throw in the towel, as seriously, what other choice do I have? I am at that point in all weight loss programs where you go “what’s the point?”….. But of course I know what the point is, and it’s all about my health. Mindfulness needs to be pulled in here.

I am still relatively slim, skin is good, eyes are clear, no achy joints, flexible enough for my age, no health issues at all, …….so really, count myself lucky to be here and keep on with it (and thanks to you guys for being here pulling me along).

@flourbaby, I am going to follow your lead and discard B2B2B for the rest of the year as its not working. Maybe ADF during the week, but traditional 5:2 and then keep to TDEE other days, get my metabolism working again.

@rabbette, two years ago I would have tried the massive WFD of a few days, (I did 3days in a row once) but I absolutely know that I don’t have the willpower now.

@betsylee Thank you so much for being such a gracious host ☺️

@ciren2 YAY, see, you can do it!!

Have a great Halloween everyone, did you know that’s it’s originally an old Celtic tradition called Oiche Samhain (mmmm, Irish words look hard to pronounce when written down 😆)…….phonetically it’s EE-ha Sow-an…….anyhow, it’s the Celts who carved faces onto turnips to ward off the spirits of the unfriendly dead (who wander about at this time as 1st November is All Souls Day)…., Wooooooo, Boooooo…..

Goodbye October, see ya in November.

Day 31 – UK – FD

Morning all

Well, weighed in this morning (my ‘recording day’ is usually Friday) and it turns out this last week has been brilliant and October equally so despite a couple of weeks with barely any movement …. 5 lbs off in October and a new low !
    Total of 21 lbs gone bmi down to 35 – BMR 1903 – BMEE 2617

Thanks everybody, calling in daily does help ! See you all on November thread

Pocket list day 31
    @matpi
    @betsylee
    @snowflake56
    @ihatelettuce

Day 31, London, UK, FD

Back to a FD today, yesterday’s NFD was very controlled, perhaps because I was at work, it certainly makes my FDs easier if they’re on work days, maybe I should work more than 3 days a week to keep NFDs controlled!!! ……………………………………. I know I’m talking crazy, just slapped myself before the madness takes hold & I see my boss!!!

Welcome back @at, family time trumps this forum any day of the week, I know you’ve been home (do you refer to it as home?) recently but it’s great to play tour guide for your sisters very 1st visit ……………………….. I hope the weather didn’t put her off returning!!!!

@ciren2, Atta girl!!!!! Baby steps, baby steps!!!!

There’s been some movement in the right direction on the bouncy-bouncy scales these last 2 days, I’m definitely firmly strapped into my own personal wagon seat now ……………….. finally!!!

@i-hate-lettuce, Wow, just wow!!!! ………….. sooooooo jealous, of course it’s my own fault, but still….!!!

Final October weigh-in tomorrow, we’ll see what another FD brings!!!

Onward & downwards folks!!!

Day 31 – UK – NFD

Thank you to @betsylee for hosting the October Challenge – apologies for being AWOL for periods at a time – these are for you for keeping us together and for your encouragement and support 🤗💐

Weigh in this morning was 55.5kg – lowest for a few months – just above the top of my target range!

Thank you for the welcome back – will definitely actively participate for the next challenges – need the incentive to get back to below the top of my target range ……..

@rabbette – like @songbirdme I weigh every morning but only record after my 2nd FD of the week in my diary – even though I have struggled since June to get back to my target weight I’m pretty sure this is what has kept my weight gain to no more than 2kg above and am now slowly heading back 🤞
    @snowflake56 and @flourbaby – I went to Australia twice last year for niece’s wedding in January and again in April but so lovely to have my sister visit for a change and the Cumbrian weather was very kind to us, mostly 🌤 @snowflake56 – Dinner tonight is at The Forest Side – Lake District Hotel & Restaurant in Grasmere – Their website has a sample tasting menu to give you an idea so here is the link
    https://www.theforestside.com
    @ciren2 – what a positive step with a drop of 1kg for October – you can do this!!! We love having you hang out with us and am looking forward to the November Challenge with you “herding us”
    @daffodil2010 – love your attitude – we all need to remember the positive side of our lives 🤗

Huge congratulations to those who lost weight small or large; achieved their goals for the month or have successfully maintained 👏
    To those who seem stuck on a plateau -“When you get to a plateau, think of it as a landing on the stairway to your goal. And maintenance is a lifelong plateau, so a bit of “rehearsal” for maintenance isn’t the worst thing in the world” 😇
    To those who have struggled or even put some weight back on – Tomorrow is the start of a new challenge – Let us all move forward together “The struggle you’re in today is developing the strength you need tomorrow” 🤗

Looking forward to seeing you all in November with @ciren2

“If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”

Day 31 USA (Illinois – in snow!) NFD

Halloween trick-or-treating postponed in our village and many others due to heavy wet snow that is still coming down. Glad I didn’t buy candy for the kids as we are due to go to a fund-raiser gala Saturday evening when they rescheduled it for. Good – won’t have any leftovers!

See you all over on November — hang in there.

Onward and downward.

Final weigh in and I’m up 300 grams from last week’s low but still down 1.8 kilos in October. I was expecting a little gain from my last weigh in because I think I was a little dehydrated after my cycle trip so I’m not too worried.

Have a great day everyone and good luck to those still to weigh in.

Day 31 uk, Oxfordshire
    Back from travels and wondering just how much hard work i will have in November.
    Will weigh in tomorrow and attempt a fast. See you all in November.

I haven’t posted much over the last couple of weeks but have got lots out of keeping up with everyone’s posts. Thanks @betsylee for being such wonderful host

It looks like “Patient1” lost 2.3 kg (5 pounds) in the October 2019 Monthly Challenge, using the 5:2 fast diet (FD500) according to the October 2019 spreadsheet at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19LDXNt-jrdAVB59FtIN6jxysFudiV_q3aTwfbbDpg8Q/edit?usp=sharing

Final post

I actually gained a kilo over the month! Despite doing more exercise. Could be a combination of gaining some muscle, and drinking alcohol again. And of course a few mindless NFDs. Anyway, I’m going to have 71kgs as my upper limit; that still gives me a BMI of just under 22 and I think is more realistic.

We had an earthquake here yesterday; on Halloween?! Now that was scary! 😱 My whole apartment shook for a couple of seconds, and it measured 4.3. The epicenter was only about 50km away.

Thanks again to @betsylee for hosting October. Congratulations to @neilithicman, @at, @i-hate-lettuce, @snowflake56 & to everyone else who had a successful October 🍏

Final Post,

Many thanks to @betsylee, you’ve been a fantastic host, lots of support and advice which was much appreciated. xx

Well, October wasn’t as bad as September, that’s something to celebrate isn’t it??? However, the plateau remains although I’m not sure I qualify since the scales are as bouncy-bouncy as ever!! Funnily enough, with a couple of ‘proper’ FDs tis week I’ve despatched 3.6lbs …………….. if only I’d been as dedicated for the other 3 weeks!!!

@songbirdme, I think you dodged a bullet, can you imagine being snowed in WITH a house full of sweets (candy!)?????

@funshipfreddie …………… the ultimate scary Halloween!!!

See y’all over in November!

Thank you @betsylee You’ve been a great host October hasn’t been good for me but moving on xx

Viewing 39 posts - 501 through 539 (of 539 total)

You must be logged in to reply.