October 2019 Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
October 2019 Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 530 replies, has 39 voices, and was last updated by  BrightonBelle 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 451 through 500 (of 539 total)

• Day 26, Emden Germany, FD

@at and @rafiki44 will you be joining me today?

Pocket list day 26

@snowflake56

Have a great weekend everyone!

Day 26: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD:

It’s STILL raining! Getting on for 24 hours so far, without a break, and set to continue all day. I’ve decided to try and do my delivery in wellies. It’s not easy to wear them for so much walking though.
    My cold and cough is slowly getting better. My flu jab was rather painful and still is. Funny how some injections hardly cause bother and others do, eh?

@snowflake56: Happy fast-day.

Have a good day all….wherever you are. xx

Day 26 – Lake district UK – CFD

Morning all

A special good morning to my fellow rugby fans, semi finals weekend for the world cup! Two huge games today and tomorrow, they’re going to be tough, these guys give their all. Hope you enjoy the games whoever you support!
    One good thing about the kick off times here in UK, I won’t be sitting with a beer in hand at 9am….

@betsylee – thanks, the encouragement of like minded people helps, even just checking in each day keeps what we’re all trying to achieve in the front of our minds. It also (although I do make sure I don’t exceed my daily BMR on NFD’s) allows for the occasional ‘treat’ or holiday excesses etc.

@matpi – yes, I’m really pleased with the 5:2 WOL, it does work for me, I count every calorie all the time while I’m not on holiday etc, even on holiday I’ve cut down, eating and drinking more sensibly most of the time, have had a party or two, but straight back to 5:2 once home. Found it doesn’t take long to shift holiday weight gain.

@daffodil2010 – don’t worry about the ‘cruise weight gain’ I put on 6lb on a cruise recently, that’s already gone and more besides, probably as well, we’re on another next month!

@funshipfreddie – ‘bucket list’ must be more careful checking my posts, I was in a rush to watch the rugby!!! Enjoy the match tomorrow!

Take care all

Day 26 UK CD

Going out for dinner tonight so will fast till then and try to limit the intake! So close to the end of the month now and don’t want to sabotage what has been quite a good month back on track!

Good luck to all fasters today.

Day 26 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@betsylee – I do log (almost) everything in MFP; but this week, after Wednesday’s splurge I knew I was going OTT, and I logged the bad stuff only the morning after. And then discovered I’d gone about 1000 calories OVER my TDEE 😱. So the ‘sheer horror’ only registered the day after. Sheer stupidity more like 🤪

England v New Zealand today – kick-off in 5 minutes. Come on England! 🇬🇧

Have a good weekend everyone 🌝

Day 26 Melb Aust NFD

The scales made me happy today be being 0.1 kg BELOW the start of October. Whew! With the weather starting to warm up, I’ve really been able to apply more discipline to my eating.

@snowflake56, I hear you re counting calories and liking delicious sweets, but I just incorporate the sweet into the calorie count, and eat less of something else, but not all the time. It’s not ideal if it’s something you did every day, but adding a sweet treat a couple or three times a week wouldn’t hurt, if you can stay on track otherwise. This WOL has to be something you can maintain AND live with.

@rabbette, I chuckled over your potato chips story, as it’s also happened to me. I had a particular type of crisps I really liked, and decided to “treat” myself one day, only to discover that I didn’t particularly like them any more. To remove temptation and the danger of mindlessly eating them anyway, I crushed the rest of the packet and poured the bits into the bin (trash can). Just shows how ones taste can change after a while doing 5:2.

@dykask, stay strong, and resist the temptation to eat more due to the stress.

@matpi, glad you’re gradually getting unpacked and sorted out. SO annoying to “lose” that one or two items. They’ll probably just show up where you least expect.
    Do be careful if you source Vegemite. It’s delicious, but ONLY in small quantities. Some Americans have tried it by slathering a thick layer on bread and really hated it, but that’s not the way to eat it. Really, it’s a complement to other foods. For example, a favourite of mine is a thin scraping on dry biscuits, with pieces of cheese on top. Yum. Another, bygone medical fact: Because of the salt, it waas frequently used scraped on dry toast as a first thing to try to eat post-gastro. I have many childhood memories of that after I’d been sick.

Onward and downwards everyone.

Day 26, Second post – so many people appeared between my reading of posts and finishing responding!

@snowflake56, hope you have a great FD

@ciren2, sorry to read that the rain hasn’t been letting up at all – wish you could send some of the rain over this way. Parts of Australia are suffering a horrific drought. Try to stay dry. I’ll imagine you tromping around wearing your wellies!

@i hate lettuce, great you’re doing so well, and enjoy the rugby, even beer-less! 🙂

@mia139, hope the evening meal doesn’t undo the rest of the day’s good work. Have a good CD.

@funshipfreddie, enjoy the rugby!!! My NFD today was over my TDEE by 300 cals, but I chose to allow the indulgence today, knowing I would have a better day tomorrow. That’s the great thing about this WOL.

Day 26 California FD

So I’m totally procrastinating on doing my strength exercises. First I remembered I needed to wash some laundry, then I decided you can’t exercise if your teeth aren’t brushed and now I’m posting 😂

It has been extremely hot and windy here which makes a lot of people sick. I didn’t get sick but I definitely felt ‘off’. I managed my two fast days last week but I’m eating plenty so still maintaining. I have so far stuck to my resolution of no candy corn. Tomorrow will be the real test as I won’t be fasting and will have lots of free time which is when I get into trouble.

Have a great day everyone!

2nd post

had broccoli-soup with walnuts and camembert, forgot to add the oliveoil, so less cals than planned.

@ciren2 and @betsylee thanks for the support!

Day 26 USA (Illinois) NFD

Congratulations,England, on beating those All Blacks! I think the match was on TV here at 2 a.m. … just looked at the final score. 🙂 For me, it’s college football Saturday with my Fighting ILLINI having a 2nd win in a row over teams they were not predicted to beat. YEAH!

Doing a little shopping then out to dinner this evening. Tomorrow is a Family Potluck after church. I’ve made a pumpkin crumb cake that smells delicious. Making a dessert for a “share-a-dish” meal is one way to keep up my baking skills. Ha ha!

Onward and downward.

Day 26, London, UK, NFD,
    Day 25, London, UK, NFD,

It’s a very quick & very late check-in from me tonight. The Gala dinner was great, but it means I haven’t had a FD since Day 23 ……………. I feel myself falling off of the wagon!!!

I’ll regroup over the next couple of days, catch up on posts and be raring to go for day 29’s planned FD!!!

I hope everyone is having a great weekend xxxx

Day 27 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

Awesome performance from England yesterday! Now if only the Springboks play as well against Wales today, we could be watching an England v South Africa final next week 🏈🏆

Happy S🌞nday everyone

Day 27, Emden Germany, NFD

@betsylee I only eat Dutch sweets, I don’t buy them everytime we go there but when they’re in the house I’ll eat them in no time. I’m not good in saving some for later, never was.

Have a nice Sunday everyone!

Day 27 – Lakes UK – NFD

Morning all

I really don’t like the clocks changing, I (and my body) are very much creatures of habit, went to bed a bit later last night but woke up at usual time, but of course it was an hour early according to the clock … grrr

@funshipfreddie – The game was incredible yesterday, England played so well. I was waiting for the big fightback from NZ, but England just absorbed everything that came at them! Watching the reactions of players to the TMO disallowing the two tries, no arguing with the officials, no throwing the toys out of the pram, just getting on with it.
    Good luck for todays game hope it’s not too nerve wracking for you! Hope to ‘meet you’ in the final.

Out tonight with more friends, I know the wine will flow, just hope I can resist the sweets, but tomorrow will be a FD anyway!

Take care all, those following the Rugby World Cup, hope your team does well.

Day 27: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD:

The rain has STOPPED!!!!!!!!! Two days solid.
    @betsylee: How I wish I could send some of it down to you. My daughter (in Melbourne) sent me a photo of her car temp display awhile ago, 32C phew…that’s toooo hot!
    Good that your weigh IS going the right way, eh?
    Mine’s sort of steady right now…but I haven’t managed my goal of cutting the naughty choclately additions (addictions?) to my main meal yet. Even though I said I would….
    @i-hate-lettuce: My body clock takes a whole week to adjust to new times….but clocks going back are infinitely better than clocks going forward! Today seems to be dragging…I got up too early. It’s still not 10am!
    All this talk of rugby…there seem to be a lot of fans on here. I must say, given the choice, I prefer rugby to football…real men, eh!
    Must get ready for church I’m reading today and hope not to have one of my awful coughing fits….what with the incense and all! Aaarggh..

Day 27 Melb Aust CD (around 1200 cals)

Well, bounce back from my NFD to a good CD today. I am reluctantly conceding that counting calories will continue to be in my future for the next undetermined while. (:

@rafiki44, good to see you back, and good for you in continuing to resist that darn candy corn. Hope you keep out of trouble today.

@snowflake56, I hear you re the Dutch sweets. I have a particular type of chocolate that I love, and if it’s in the house, it gets eaten – which partially explains the October weight gain post-holiday, as I bought a lot and brought it home from my holiday. The PLAN was to eat a little over a long period of time; the actuality was that a lot (all of it!) got eaten in a relatively short period of time, so I’ll have to avoid that happening in future (maybe). The rest of the weight gain was from birthday festivities, but …..

@songbirdme, rugby, soccer, college football – most people have some kind of sport they really enjoy. Have a good NFD.

@flourbaby, just pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and get right back on that wagon!!!

@funshipfreddie, it will be an intense match if SA beats Wales and you’re in the final. The UK/NZ semi was disappointing for Neilithicman, but good for others. By the way, as you’re below the Equator, why don’t you check in to the Southern Hemispherites forum? A few of us do both.

@i hate lettuce, you’re on the other side of the rugby fence, I guess, cheering on the UK. Hope you avoid the sweets tonight and have a good FD tomorrow. I’m with you in finding daylight saving initially tiring. We lost an hour at the start of October, and I think the loss of an hour is worse than the gaining of one at the end of summer. Either way, it takes some adjusting to.

@ciren2, yay that the rain has stopped, even if only temporarily. And I see you’re another who doesn’t like the daylight saving shift. By the way, Melbourne on Thursday reached the mid-thirties, yesterday was around 28 very early in the day, then the cool change came in and it dropped to high teens. Yesterday and Today were only around 17 degrees. The temperature’s going up again midweek, then down again by the weekend. Why? you may ask – that’s Melbourne’s crazy weather! Good that you’re keeping your weight stable. Now just start reducing one or two things gradually, gradually, no pressure, and see what happens.

Onward and downwards everyone!

Day 27. NFD. London.

Posting for accountability and maybe reinstating email alerts. I hope.

Day 27 USA (Illinois) NFD

Church potluck meal coming up, so I will only eat one meal today.

@i-hate-lettuce and @funshipfreddie – how fun that your teams will meet! I remember a few years ago on this forum when our Chicago Cubs were having a “season for the ages” and several other contending team supporters were on here. It’s a fun place to share a love of the sport and some rivalry!

@betsylee — yes, sports are a fun way to enjoy life. Also reading. I read lots of Nora Roberts years ago, also James Patterson’s “women’s murder club” numbered ones. I popped into our used book store yesterday (it’s in the same location as our Children’s Museum I have been involved in) but did not see any more of the Catherine Coulter FBI series, but lots more of hers. They get books in and out of there all the time. When not enjoying crime novels, I have loved Kenneth Follett and James Michener historical fiction.

Onward and downward.

Day27 UK NFD

Plodding on Aiming for a slight loss for the end of the month then going to get my act together for November

Day 27 UK NFD

Back from conference trip, exhausted and still carrying virus. Pleased to have made mostly healthy food choices and resisted lure of sugar & carbs -most of the time! Feeling much less puffy and down 3lbs already – amazing what happens when you pay attention.

Crashing today, writing & prep tomorrow before an evening concert & supper. It’s the last week of this year’s busy period – then rest, reflection and rebooting 5:2. Looking forward to being back on the waggon for November, and setting up good habits before Christmas 🙂

Whatever the world brings today, go gently

Day 27 California NFD

So my weekend has been consumed by thoughts of my coworker who is likely going to be diagnosed with cirrhosis after all his tests are done. He’s 47. He has non alcoholic fatty liver disease and his father had cirrhosis. he’s overweight but only in the last 10 years or so. Selfishly I’m going to let him know about fasting and how that can reverse the NAFLD even though cirrhosis is likely non reversible. I say selfishly because I will be so sad if he leaves because of ill health or worse but I don’t necessarily believe that telling people what to do necessarily accomplishes anything. He’s the nicest guy and the person that everyone comes to see at work about everything because he’s just that approachable. Plus he’s really intelligent.
    Life seems so much more fragile today than it did a week ago.

Day 27-Atlanta, GA-USA- FD

Day 28 – Japan – WFD #76

So far so good. Today feels better!

Day 28 – New Zealand – NFD

Well successful cycle trip over the weekend. I cycled over 150 kilometres and feel brilliant for it. Of course there wasn’t much chance for fast days during the trip, in fact yesterday when I cycled 75 kilometres and walked for 2 hours I sucked down almost 4000 calories. Tomorrow is my birthday and I’ll weigh in to see if I’m any closer to my goal weight after my cycle trip.

Day 27 Ohio, US — NFD
    Day 26 — NFD

Yesterday was very unstructured: allergy testing in the morning caused some reactions which created chaos for the rest of the day, both as far as activities and eating went. Something that occurred to compound the unstructured eating was that I ate a couple of fewer bites at breakfast and that was an unwise thing to do coming off a FD. That probably didn’t help the system to cope with the allergy testing. I didn’t get to sleep until the wee hours of the morning and then felt groggy all morning today. By this evening, fortunately, everything seems back to normal. Somehow I need to find a balance point between my long time way of eating (controlled carb Mediterranean vegetarian diet) and bite counting. I guess that will be a goal for the coming month.

@betsylee Thanks for the suggestions about eating vegemite. One aspect of my long term diet is to use light bread for sandwiches with very light application of some sort of spread. So light spreads of vegemite sound right up the alley here.

@neilithicman Wow! That’s an impressive bike trip! And have a very happy birthday!

@rafiki44 With any luck your co-worker will take to 5:2 fasting like a duck to water. Here’s the URL to a popular science article that might be of use: https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2016/05/160509085347.htm

Here’s the start for Monday’s Pocket List:
    @matpi

Day 28, Emden Germany, FD

@betsylee it seems, it’s best to have no sweets in the house but sometimes I just want some.

@rafiki44 it’s worth a try, you know how it works and he could join you on your FDs.

Monday’s Pocket List:
    @matpi
    @dykask
    @snowflake56

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 28: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD:

A new working week….hopefully much drier than the last one!
    I managed to stay under control yesterday….days’ off are always a challenge, so I consider it a success that I stuck to eating no more than I do when at work.
    A sunny day helped….lightens the mood.

Must go now. Have a good day friends. xx

Day 28 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

@i-hate-lettuce 😳 ‘nerve-wracking’ doesn’t even begin to describe those last 15 minutes! I think the entire country held its breath! See you in the final! 🏆

@betsylee & @songbirdme – now I’ll be happy for whatever wins the final, as I’m originally from the UK. Of course I’ll have to cheer for South Africa; the alternative may be detrimental to my health 😱. I do glance at the Southern Hemispherites’ forum occasionally, and the ‘Fat Busting Brits’. I haven’t noticed any other South Africans on the forums.

Good luck Monday fasters 🍏

Pocket List – Day 28
    @matpi
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @funshipfreddie

Day 28 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Bank holiday Monday in Ireland. Lots of chores to do today so will be busy. Had a great weekend away in the camper, the weather in the west of Ireland was stunning, the Autumn light was fantastic, we saw some wonderful places and all in our own backyard. Waking up to those views each morning was a tonic, all for free, it felt good.

Hitting the FD bandwagon hard tomorrow ….desperately need it, but not today.

Day 28 Melb Aust CD

Kept at about 1420 cals today, so it’s been a good week. All the indulgences have been dealt with and I am actually 200 gms BELOW the start of October.

@brightonbelle, I’m with you in hoping for a small loss for this month (closer to 500 gm, I hope), then throw myself into real weight loss for November.

@EmmaTaylor, I hope your email alerts are now coming through

@songbirdme, hope you had a successful OMAD in anticipation of the potluck dinner

@michelinme, welcome back from the conference, and yay for mostly good food choices. Hope that virus shifts soon.

@rafiki44, I hear your concern for your colleague. Sounds like 5:2 may be something he could try. Liver damage such as cirrhosis, for males, is more reversible than for females, so there’s some hope.

@therealwil78, hope you had a good day 27 FD.

@dykask, sounds like this WFD may be going better.

@neilithicman, welcome back from the bike trip, and good luck with the weigh-in.

@matpi, sorry to read of your problems after the allergy testing. Glad things seem to be settling down again now.

@snowflake56, I agree with you that having no sweets in the house is better, but, I also agree that sometimes I just want something sweet. Hope the FD goes well.

@ciren2, yay for good control over the weekend.

Do we have a volunteer to host November yet? Please?

Day 28 – UK – FD

Morning all

After last night with friends definitely a FD today, very nice people but he has a bad wrist, can’t stop the wine flowing out of the bottle! Still, once in a while…

This morning, bright and sunny start and the first hard frost of the year, so heading out for a walk.

Pocket List – Day 28

@matpi
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @funshipfreddie
    @Ihatelettuce

Good luck those on FD
    Take care all

Day 28 – Stratford Upon Avon, UK – FD

Day 28- Atlanta, GA- USA -FD

Looking forward to getting it right this week. Haven’t been totally committed this month. It was my birthday last week and I over indulged. Going to get back on track this week. @betsylee, yesterday was great! Stuck to the plan all day. Good day to you all!!

Day 28 USA (Illinois) NFD

Congratulations, RSA and @funshipfreddie on that win! Believe it or not, our local NBC affiliate did show that rugby match. Mid day on Sunday when we were awake to see at least the last 20 minutes or so. Those men are amazing.

Didn’t do too badly yesterday with the church potluck (just really limited carbs but indulged a bit on desserts. Oh well)

@therealwil78 — belated happy birthday! We have every confidence you’ll be able to get back on track.

Onward and downward.

Day 28 Massachusetts USA FD I’ve been back on track for 2 weeks and lost a pound each week. 5/2 works!!
    I’ve got a ways to go to be back to my ideal weight bug I’m not stressing over it. Being back to mindful eating feels good.

Day 29 (my birthday) – New Zealand – NFD

Normally Tuesday is a fast day and I weigh on Wednesday, but since it’s my birthday I switched them and I weighed in today and I’ll fast tomorrow. My bike trip did the trick and I am now officially under my goal weight. I dropped 2 kilos on my trip and I’m now sitting at 88.8 kilos! I’m so happy!

Day 28, VA, USA, FD

Yesterday I threw together, grated unsweetened coconut, almond butter, coconut oil, dash of salt, drop of monk fruit, and peanuts. It tasted alright for a quick dessert but oh my goodness the gas it gave me! Lets just say I will not be making it again due to the repercussions of smelling so bad it chased ME out of the room I was in MORE THAN ONCE!

After such indulgence with all of that fat from the oil – I was surprised I had not went up on the scale… Actually I was kinda floored… and I’m thinking maybe it will take another day, but hopefully by then with 1 FD already in motion maybe I’ll just stay the same again.

This morning just black coffee and water. Feeling better and thank heaven no more gas!

@betsylee – Heck yeah! Good job on your discipline it is paying off!
    And yes it is amazing how taste change. I will toss the other bags if my friends don’t want them, I’m attending a little party this weekend so I could just bring them… and then leave them … (sneaking out the door as I leave the crisp on the counter.)

@funshipfreddie – I was trying to log my “bad stuff” from yesterday well bad gas stuff, but then got too tired. I’ll have to finish it and see what kind of calories I did do even tho Mr. Particular didn’t seem to be too bothered with my strange eating yesterday as his reading was just the same as the day before. I even got off the scale and got back on b/c I was in disbelief. Fret not over your 1000 over. A good ol FD and you’ll be good in no time.

Pocket List – Day 28

@matpi
    @dykask
    @snowflake56
    @funshipfreddie
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @rabbette

Ooooh got to go teach – will need to catch up more later!

Day 29 – Japan – NFD

Water fast went very well.

Hang in their to all the people still fasting!

Pocket List – Day 28

@matpi
    @snowflake56
    @funshipfreddie
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @rabbette

Day 28 Ohio, US — MFD

The MFD has gone well.

@therealwil78 Happy belated birthday! Sounds as though you had a great celebration!

Enjoy the dark of the moon!

Day 29: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD:

Cold and, hopefully, dry today! Keeping controlled albeit not by fasting or giving up my “naughty” choclately foods….yet.
    Still suffering with the after affects of last week’s virus….a noisy cough. I have asthma, which doesn’t help.

@betsylee: I see no-one has (yet) volunteered to host November, so, unless anyone else wants, I will do it. So fret no longer!
    I have a week off work next week, so some free time….after that the forum will always tick along nicely. However….can someone set up the spreadsheet, as I don’t know how to do that. Thanks in advance x
    I hope no-one will mind that I’m the world’s worst 5:2-er!

Day 29 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

Easy FD yesterday, and I need to do another one tomorrow; then a CD on Thursday. So hopefully I won’t have done too much damage this month. Back to my ‘log it if you scoff it’ rule.

@rabbette – 😂 I wonder how many of us do that? ie get off & on the scales multiple times? Or stand on one leg to see if it changes anything…🤔

@neilithicman – Happy Birthday! & congratulations on reaching your target. 🎂 🎉🎈🎊

Day 29, Emden Germany, FD

@neilithicman, happy birthday and @therealwil78 happy belated birthday!

@ciren2 thank you so much for offering to host next month’ challenge!!! Perhaps @rafiki44 could help you with the spreadsheet. You don’t fast but you’re still here, that’s a good thing.

Pocket list day 29
    @snowflake56

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 29 – 2nd Post

@ciren2 – thanks for offering to host November.

@neilithicman – I just took a sneaky peek at your ‘before after’ photos; wow?!! Amazing! You deserve a big slice of birthday cake! What an inspiration!

@ funshipfreddie – thanks, funny that when I was as big as I was, I had managed to delude myself that I wasn’t that bad. It’s not until I compare what I look like now that I realise just how bad I was

Day 29 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Do I need an FD today or what? I most certainly do. The weight is on an upwards trajectory and I am in the dreaded 140’s and need to deal with it pronto before it gets worse.

Not sure why it’s not shifting, despite pretty good FD’s, perhaps it’s my age and the dreaded middle aged spread …..and of course the wine at the weekends with associated snacks. Tuesday today, I have three good days before the weekend.

Focus, focus, focus.

I spent yesterday lifting my dahlias and storing them in the garage, cutting down my tomato and chilli plants, final harvesting of same…we had the first hard frost of the year so it was time.

I didn’t feel too well yesterday with a mystery upset tum. I stank of garlic too even though I had not knowingly eaten garlic. I had had a Caesar salad Sunday night, so maybe something there did not agree. But that’s two weeks in a row now with upset tums. Need to take stock of weekend food and see what is irritating me.

@rabbette I so laughed however at your gas episode !!

@funshipfreddie Lucky you having two teams to cheer for in the final! Congratulations. And now you have me curious to go looking for before and after photos 😱

@neilithicman happy birthday!

@ciren2 thanks for hosting November, this is your second time this year, many thanks!

Pocket list day 29
    @daffodil2010
    @snowflake56

Day 29 – 3rd Post

@daffodil2010 – under the ‘Hello Southern Hemispherites’ forum. Prepare to be amazed!

Day 29, London, UK, FD,

This weekend was an EFG weekend, meaning an Epic Face Guzzling rather than stuffing weekend!! There were a couple(?) of bottles of 19 Crimes ‘The Uprising’ knocking about, and at 14.5%, ALL common sense, mindfulness and, let’s face it, control went out of the window after the first glass!! I’m hanging onto the wagon by my very last surviving fingernail!!

@brightonbelle, I think the stage is going to groaning under the weight of so many of us getting our “act” together for November!!! You, me, @michelinme, @betsylee and a few others no doubt!!! November WILL be a good fasting month. I’m confident since I know December will be a nightmare for someone like me who suffers from FOMO!!! ……………..(Fear Of Missing Out!!)

@ciren2, thanks for offering to host November ……………………………. Perhaps this will be the little push you need to just you’re your breath & dive in???? I hope so!!!

Happy Birthday @neilithicman, you deserve the entire cake after that cycling trip!!!

Stay strong folks and remember ………………………….

“Success is walking from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill

Day 29 – UK – CFD

Weird FD yesterday, wasn’t hungry all day, despite 2 walks and only 725 calories in !!!

Just popping in today, few things happening.

Take care all.
    Good luck those on FD today.

Day 29. London. NFD

I found all the missing posts in my trash! And my not at all techie friend showed me how to reinstate them to my normal inbox. Hello again everybody…..

Off to Italy again, today. I’m my own worst enemy. No wonder I’m struggling. The thinking behind all this frantic travelling is to fit in as much as we can, a) whilst we are fit and well and before we get too decrepit, b) before the banks collapse or Brexit, whichever comes first, c) to ensure that my husband has seen every bit of art and architecture of note in Europe. I just have to find a way to cope so I don’t end up the size of a house….

Day 29 Melb Aust FD800 (well, FD915) – unplanned 🙂

I’ll start by saying thank you, thank you to @ciren2 for agreeing to host November. I was getting concerned there for a few days. Hopefully @rafiki44 or @at will add their expertise to set up the spreadsheet. I was grateful for help from @rafiki44 this month, and so thankful that there’ve been no problems with the spreadsheet either, as I don’t know how to back it up (maybe I shouldn’t be mentioning that!).

@funshipfreddie, glad the day 28 FD went well, and aren’t you lucky being able to enjoy the rugby final as you’re in a win-win situation.

@daffodil2010, what a lovely weekend away you had. Enjoy your FD today, and good that the garden care pre-winter has been done.

@i hate lettuce, I chuckled at your description of your friend’s wrist!! 🙂 Enjoy your CD after a good FD yesterday.

@yo-yo Fletch, hope the day 28 FD went well

@therealwil78, good that the eating is working well this week. I understand all too well the temptations of birthday over-indulgence. Happy belated birthday, too!

@songbirdme, yay for a reasonably controlled potluck meal

@mogaman, that’s good steady weight loss for the past 2 weeks. You’ll star in November.

@neilithicman, wow! Under your goal weight now. That’s incredible. Will you try for the extra few kilos to reach 85, then stop?

@rabbette, like others, I had to chuckle at your dessert description and its results, and have taken note that it’s one to avoid. And yeah, that’s the other trick to dealing with unwanted food, just palm it off onto someone else.

@dykask, good that your FDs are going well

@matpi, same comment for you. Hope the scales are rewarding you.

@ciren2, if you’re sick, you shouldn’t push your body anyway. Asthma post-virus is such a nuisance. Hope you recover soon.

@snowflake56, have a good day 29 FD.

@flourbaby, same for you, after your indulgent weekend, get back into gear with a good FD.

@emma Taylor, great those missing posts have now been located and hopefully the problem will stay solved. Enjoy your trip to Italy, but not too much pasta 🙂

Only 2 more days till the end of the month everyone! Make them count!

Viewing 50 posts - 451 through 500 (of 539 total)

You must be logged in to reply.