October 2019 Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
October 2019 Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 530 replies, has 39 voices, and was last updated by  BrightonBelle 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 539 total)

• Here is the link to the October spreadsheet as a jump start – introductory post to follow later:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19LDXNt-jrdAVB59FtIN6jxysFudiV_q3aTwfbbDpg8Q/edit?usp=sharing

I’m sure to join. 🙂

USA

Thanks for hosting, Betsylee! Count me in!

Must join in please…. first full month!

October challenge 4me!!
    11st1lb…goal 10st 7lb.
    lets dothis😜

I’m going to need help hauling myself back onto that wagon in October; September was a bust. Good to be with you all. Thanks Betsylee!

thanks @rafiki44 and @betsylee, I’m in!

Well I’ve had a disastrous September for one reason or another…

Please count me in for the October Challenge, time to draw that famous line and refocus. I am with you @penz with needing to haul myself back up onto that wagon….

Thank you @rafiki44 and @betsylee for hosting!

Please count me in as a returning member to this forum! Have managed to put back 6.6 kg and have been unable to buckle down to the task so hereI am again! Thanks to @rafiki44 and @betsylee for hosting October.

Glad to join the October challenge.
    Thank you @rafiki44 and @betsylee for hosting!

Hello everyone!

Welcome to October, and apologies for being so slow off the block. Thank you, Rafiki, for stepping in and starting us off with the spreadsheet and I will be hosting this month’s challenge. The challenges were started in May 2016 by @coda and have continued on ever since.

This is an international forum full of very supportive people, some have lost great amounts of weight, some are half way there, some sitting on Mount Plateau, and others who are just starting their journey. What you will find here is great support, no judgement, friendships, lots of laughs, and the wonderful comradeship that comes from sharing the 5:2 Fast diet, this wonderful way of eating (WOE), this great way of life (WOL). We are all in it for the health benefits as well as the resulting weight loss.

The usual format is to start your post with the day of the month, where you are and whether you are fasting (FD) or having a non fast day (NFD). Some may want to post that they are having a controlled day (CD – below TDEE), others a liquid only fast day (LFD). Some have back to back (B2B) fast days. for example, my first post will be:

Day 1 – California – NFD

You can start the challenge part way through the month, but remember that even though it might be your first day, if, for example, it is 8th September then it is Day 8. This keeps us on track with what day it is, wherever in the world you are. And posting your location helps us appreciate the different lifestyles, weathers, stories and customs from all parts of the globe. Post as often or as little as you like, but most have found that a daily post gives daily accountability and helps us toe the line whilst we are off fighting various dragons.

Through experience, trial and error, you will figure out what best fits your lifestyle and what works for you. By spurring each other on, we become an unstoppable team working together to create our best lives and our best health.

Rafiki has put the spreadsheet up in post 1, so start there, please.

Feel free to start off by posting something about yourself as an introduction.

Day -1, Melb Aust. NFD

Just wanted to say a quick thank you for all the sterling hosts who have preceded me. I will try to be worthy of your illustrious footsteps.

About me – turning 70 this year, retired, single, began this WOL in November last year due to wanting a long and healthy retirement. My house is ruled by Wilbur, my ginger tabby, who is even now seated on my lap, wondering what I’m doing at nearly midnight on the 30th of September (remember the time shift; I know for many it’s still early in the day).

We all need a clear vision to know not only where we want to go, but also why it matters, so – First question to start us off: what is most important to you in losing weight? Try to include that in your initial introduction.

Here’s the list of acronyms & abbreviations from previous Challenges.

IF Intermittent Fasting
    WOL Way of Life
    FD Fast Day (500 cals)
    MFD Modified Fast Day (800 cals) on the new Fast800, it’s a FD
    WFD Water Fast Day (Water only)
    CFD Controlled Fast Day (1200 cals)
    NFD Non Fast Day
    EFS Epic Face Stuffing (we’ve all had one of those days!)
    5:2 5 days NFD:2 days IF
    ADF Alternate Day Fast, FD, NFD
    16:8 16 hours fast 8 hours non fast
    B2B Back 2 Back (days of FD or WFD)
    Hunger Dragon – that dreadful psychological beast that sometimes cannot be satisfied
    DD, DS Darling Daughter, Son
    OH, Other Half
    LOL Laughing Out Loud
    Keto, way of eating that generates Ketones
    LC, Low Carb way of eating
    LCHF, Low Carb High Fat way of eating
    TDEE: Total Daily Energy Expenditure (see the ‘how it works’ link on the home page to work out yours)

I’m in for October!!

By the way, the introductory “spiel” was plagiarised (copied) from last month – why try to re-invent the wheel?!! 🙂

Thanks for all the acronyms, @funshipfreddie

You’re welcome, @betsylee. I was confused there for a moment – I thought you’d moved to California, but hadn’t told anyone! 😜

Thanks so much @betsylee for hosting October…I’m in!

Busiest fortnight of the year ahead and I need the accountability. Going to need to rest up today and get back on the waggon tomorrow 🙂

Still Day -1 fourth post

@rafiki44, not sure how to do 2 things with the spreadsheet – I can colour the FDs, but I don’t know how to make the colour automatic; do you know how to do that? Plus, is it possible to add a few blank lines at the bottom, maybe 10?, to allow for more people to join in?

Sorry. As I wrote in the September forum, I really don’t know how to manage Google docs/spreadsheets. I’m grateful for all the help available!

Final Day -1 post

Welcome to @rafiki44 (my hero), @funshipfreddie (helpful acronyms guru), @songbirdme, @ccco (longstanding cheerleader), @i hate lettuce, @bigmarie, @penz, @snowflake56, @yo-yo Fletch, @mia139, @suresh3101, @therealwil78, @michelinme (the wise owl)

It seems there are several of us (me being one) needing a real reset for October – let’s start with a bang, and keep up the momentum for the month. I’ll be checking in each evening, which will be early in the day for the European and North American 5:2ers. Why ever is the world round? – just to confuse us. Remember to post a brief introduction, and think about, maybe answer, the question asked in my earlier post.

Onward and downward for a successful October, everyone!

Please count me in for October. Gotta reverse some of the damage from the summer….

@betsylee I can add more columns at the bottom later today. Also the FD automatic color is already added and should work. Let me know if you see an issue.

I’ll be joining October – thanks for hosting @betsylee

I started this WOL this year Feb 2019. I’m so happy I found this approach to eating. Food and I were having a rough time and we needed a break. It was the most challenging relationship I had in my life. So far my food relationship has improved dramatically and finally enjoying food instead of just stuffing it into my body. Not only have I lost weight, a good surprise was a relationship now with water. I now LOVE water! Finally water doesn’t taste like metal (at least most days!)

The question asked by @betsylee
    What is most important to you in losing weight?
    Most of this started because I was uncomfortable while trying to fall asleep. (And of course uncomfortable/tired while awake) Over all I would like to feel healthier and lighter.

UK, Oxfordshire
    Please count me in and thanks for hosting. I won’t use the spreadsheet as I’m away in Portugal atm and can’t weigh in. Reading all the posts helps me to stay a little more focussed.

@rabbette I can relate to that, my belly and the inner side of my upper legs are not comfortable when I’m on my side. I’m also having problems with crossing my upper legs even with a BMI of 23.7 atm. Perhaps tmi?

Dear @betsylee – have no fear you will make a wonderful host for our October Challenge 🤗 and @rafiki44 – thank you for setting up the spreadsheet

I have been part of these challenges since November 2016 and have never missed one since so count me in for October – I still need the accountability of these challenges to keep me focused in maintenance………

It’s lovely to see some returning names to these challenges so welcome back to @bigmarie and @mia139

“If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started I was desperately wishing to be where I am now.”

Thanks for hosting the thread, count me in for what I hope will be my last month before reaching goal weight, then it will be fine tuning and maintenance!

Day 1 New Zealand – NFD
    Thank you @betsylee for hosting this month. I didn’t have a great month last month, but I know without the monthly challenge I would have definitely put on weight. In answer to your question ‘What is most important to you in losing weight?’. I want to be around for my kids in the future – I was late starting to have kids (had my first at 34 and last at 45), I want to be here to see graduations, weddings, grandkids etc. I need to look after this amazing body that I have been blessed with. I want to be able to continue to enjoy life and health is the most important thing we have.

Day 1, Aus, FD

There is nothing so optimistic than the start of the month! (Well, maybe there are lot of things more optimistic, but at the moment, I’m embracing it.)

Thinking particularly of @betsylee, @flourbaby, @at and Yo-Yo Fletch as October buddies. Back on that wagon, and staying there. And hopefully throwing the bottles of vino over the side! Also thinking of @neilithicman, Rabbette and I hate lettuce for their amazing achievements – great source of inspiration for this month.

Be warned, all – I’ll be tuning in for your support. I’m on leave next week which always makes 5:2 a challenge for me!

Thank you @betsylee for hosting and for Rafiki44 for the spreadsheet. I don’t use the spreadsheet so no need to add me.

Love the question. For me, I think the most important thing in losing weight is to like myself again. My OH seems quite happy with me the way I am (which I am very grateful for) but I don’t like the way I am. I want to feel sexier. I hate those moments when I inadvertently catch sight of myself in the mirror and think “urgh”.

Day 30 (September still here!) Ohio, US

Thanks @betsylee for hosting this month! Please count me in.

I am a 52 year old female who started this WOL last December to try to lose 15lbs. I eventually lost 22 by July and I’m now in maintenance where I continue to fast to enable me to maintain my weight without counting calories.

Day 1 California NFD

So I’m cheating by posting early but I want to answer the opening question before I forget. When I started this I did it because I was entering menopause and to be honest I was a little freaked out about what my body would do. Well I’ve lost all the weight I needed to lose and so far the menopause journey has been somewhat of a non issue.
    As the fasting continued I also saw improvements with my eyes (well one eye – the other is a slacker 🤷‍♀️)which improved by two ‘measurements’ to the surprise of my eye doctor. I also have excellent lab results. Now my focus is muscle mass as apparently a 30 year desk job doesn’t agree with your body.
    Oh and when I got my recent biometric scan my body age is ten years younger than my actual age 😂

Day 1, Emden Germany (being Dutch), CD

Hi old friends and new ones!

I’m a Dutchwoman (from Limburg in the South) living in the North of Germany, married, owner of a lovely cat, 63 y.o, 163 cm/5ft 4in tall. My weight was 56 kg/126.5lbs all my adult life until starting a new job in 2011 where my weight crept up to 72.9 kg. I read the book and joined the challenges from March 2017 on. I lost 20 kg very quickly (too skinny I must admit) retired in April 2018 and maintenance became a struggle. I lost motivation and gained almost 10 kg, weight this morning 62.4 kg/137.6lbs. So new month, fresh start, highly motivated to get back to maintenance.

@betsylee I just want to look in the mirror and want to see the slim healthy person I used to be.

Wishing everyone a good start in this new month and a nice day!

Day 1 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

About me:- David, 57. Mancunian, living in Kwazulu-Natal, South Africa. I started fasting in 2014 halfheartedly after seeing the ‘Eat, Fast…’ documentary. I got serious about my weight in March this year, about a year after I retired when my weight started creeping up. I lost about 8 kilos, and I’ve been working on maintenance since July.

Most important reason for losing/maintaining weight? For health reasons, mainly. Vanity comes into it too; but I think the vast majority of health issues we face are caused by what we put in our mouths every day and from being inactive. Being overweight has become the new norm, but I’m determined not to become a statistic.

Thanks for hosting @betsylee. Wishing everyone success during the Rock-tober Challenge 🍏

Day 1 NFD country west Australia
    Please count me in!! and thanks in advance to @rafiki44 and @betsylee for Kindly agreeing to host.
    About me – I Started this WOL about July 2016, joined this thread in November 2016 and was very diligent in doing 5:2.
    I ate to less than 500 calories on FDs and was very mindful on NFDs to stay under or at TDEE. This was really important for me as I often find it is the NFDs which are my undoing.
    Lost 7kgs in a few months, felt very fit and healthy, then…. hit a plateau that went for months.
    I was there so long I called in the decorators as it seemed to be a permanent place for me!

Then lost motivation, became very hit and miss with the way I ‘ did’ 5:2.
    Then completely lost focus and had a few major upheavals in life ( which is NEVER an excuse, but an excuse I made them) and ate terribly for about 18 months. So much so that I put ON 17.6 kgs and now weigh THE MOST I ever have in my life.
    I do find posting and accountability to help but really have to reset my hunger signals and not comfort eat which is a rather nasty habit I seem to have acquired.
    When I was losing weight I had to count calories , something I had never previously done, but I found I was SO out of whack with what I THOUGHT I was eating and what I ACTUALLY was eating.
    So, after some bounces around in September 2019 I am planning on being even more serious in the countdown to Christmas as I certainly don’t feel healthy ATM.
    I enjoy reading the posts and other people’s journeys on this WOL .
    As a 60 year old HEALTH professional one would think I would know better than to sabotage my health!
    I weigh daily but record only weekly – every Saturday.
    The scales bounce up and down , though more up and up at present.
    Anyway, it is good to be back in the groove and although September was a big hit and miss I am looking forward to October.
    Needless to say, the dress I was hoping to fit in to for a special occasion this weekend will stay in the cupboard and I will have to buy something a tad bigger – gulp. No more!!!
    The rest of my life starts today.
    Welcome to all.
    Onwards and downwards

Day 1 UK Lake district … NFD

Good morning all,
    Firstly, thanks to those who ‘lead’ the thread and do the bits I can’t (spreadsheet, it’s tiny on my ‘phone so apologies for not using it) I have found the 5:2 WOL suits me, I can still indulge (just not as much) my love of good quality wine, malt whisky, and good food.
    One or two days a week I (within reason) indulge, but not to excess, even on those days breakfast and lunch is minimal compared to B5:2. 2 days FD and the remaining days CFD’s …But every day I am exercising more, walking miles at pace (which is getting easier and better) bTW cheers @funshipfreddie for the a&a list !

Reason for starting 5:2, well at 64 this guy was getting just too big, feeling old and slow, so decided time was right to do something. Started on 26th July as we were coming up to a cruise, needed to lose a bit of weight beforehand! Well my OH loves cruises, enjoy travelling and the home of fine wines and luxurious foods.
    Here I am just over 9 weeks later 16lbs lighter, feeling better and enjoyed our cruise, including wine every day and eating incredible food!

Thanks to everyone for their involvement, you may not actually realise just by posting it helps, but for me joining this group has really helped!

Hope all on FD’s have an easy one and good health to all.

Day 1, London, UK, FD

Phew, thank goodness October has started!! I managed to wipe September from my memory already since I joined @penz & @yo-yo-fletch in having a less than stellar month, ok, I admit it …………… disastrous!!!

@betsylee, thanks for hosting us this month & I may even try the spreadsheet again, thanks @rafiki44.

As for our opening question – The most important thing for me in losing weight is actually doing it, succeeding at something that has been impossible, soul-destroying, tiring and made me feel like an outsider in a ‘skinny’ family and amongst ‘skinny’ friends for 30+ years, as a successful professional woman I would look at myself and ask WHY can’t YOU do this???? And then spiral into self-loathing because it was sooooo difficult if not impossible to be like everyone else!!!! ………………. Sheesh, what a waste of energy & time when all I had to do was FAST!!!!!!!. -40lbs down so far, but the struggle continues, the biggest hurdle is brain-re-training, like any good addict I can easily justify over-eating, binging, poor choices and gluttony in general!!!!

This WOL is like smoking for me, when I gave up the cancer-sticks I knew without doubt that just one would lead to 1000 and I wouldn’t be able to give up again, 2nd or 3rd time is definitely unlucky for me, motivation & dedication reduce exponentially with the no. of attempts!!! So I KNOW as long as I have one fingernail holding me to the wagon, I won’t be hurtling down the slippery, slippery slope!!!

Looking forward to getting to know the newbies (Best Decision EVER!!!) and catching up with the oldies (veterans maybe?), as someone said many challenges ago, if you lose 1/2lb per week, that’ll be 26lbs in a year!!! It’s a great motivator, and requires only 2 days/ week or 100 days/ year of fasting!!!!

Day 1, Leeds, UK, FD

Finally I am back on the weight loss mission. Starting the first day of the month with FD. Planned to drink lots of liquids and a banana if I am really craving for food. Hope it goes ok for me today. Good luck to everyone who have started October mission along with me. Stay strong buddies!!

Day 1 – New Zealand – NFD

I’m sorry I didn’t do an introduction in last month’s thread. I’m a 40 year old male, 178cm (5’10”) from New Zealand. I started on this way of life in January. I was always a fan of Michael Mosley’s style of documentary, half science lesson, half investigative journalism. When he did one on intermittent fasting, I decided to have a look into it.

I started with a triple attack, fast 800 (800 calories a day), Mediterranean diet, and time restricted eating. When I started on January 23rd I weighed 131.5 kilograms (290 pounds) with a goal of getting to 89.9 kilos. Just over 8 months later I’m now just 90.9 kilograms (199.8 pounds) and I’m ready for the final push to drop that last kilo this month.

Good luck everyone

@neilithicman Wow what an amazing inspiration you have been. And I am here thinking how hard its going to be to reduce 8-10 kgs in the next 3 months. Looks like its possible seeing what you have achieved. Will take it slowly though

Day 1 UK NFD

Hi everyone Quick intro – I started way back with Codas first challenge managed to lose enough so I was happy , stayed steady and then whoosh earlier this year managed to pile on nearly a stone in a few months Been back in the fold and slooowwly losing Have a lot of challenges in October My in-laws 60th wedding anniversary My birthday and a holiday so I’ll be happy if I can drop a lb or 2 But this forum keeps me accountable and I love reading everyone’s ups and downs x

Day 1 – Georgia, USA – NFD

Hello Everyone! I have been away from this for a while and am ready to jump back in! I have gained some weight and feel sluggish. I am excited to join in the October challenge. I look forward to the journey.

Day 1_ Atlanta, Ga- USA- FD

Excited about this month! I’ve been able to maintain my weight for about 2 months now. But I’m looking to get back down about 8 lbs. That’s where I was back in July. Going to be more dedicated as I’m getting close to normal in my daily routine.

USA Day 1 FD

Wow! Another month gone by! Well, it has been a successful September for me. Down 6 lbs.!! I went vegetarian in the Spring and suddenly I was losing weight! I thought going vegetarian would be difficult but it turned out to be easy for me! I feel really well doing this.

In any case, I am a 70 yo woman from New York City, who got interested in this WOL after reading about the possible health benefits. I don’t have much weight to lose but I consider it a bonus if I do. Best to keep things under control than having to fix something is my motto. I’ve been doing this now for about almost two years and am pleased with its flexibility!

I don’t see a pocket list yet, so I will start one!

Day 1 Pocket List:

@ccco

Have a great new day and a great new month on this WOL! 🙂

UK Day 1 FD

Well it’s been over two years since I stopped 5 2 – I want to get back to it! This first fast day will be tough but I want to commit to this for the month of October to remind myself of what a difference it can make 😊

Day 1, Melb Aust TDEE

Hi everyone, good to already see good posting and determination to make this a great month of successful 5:2. From the answers to my question, the reasons for wanting to lose weight are falling into one or two main categories – for better health (physical), or to feel better about yourself (emotional health!). Le’s aim for both.

@rafiki44, business first – I put in my FDs, but then had to go back and manually colour the background, plus do someone else’s, so I’m not sure that the automatic FD system is working properly.
    Great that you’re now in maintenance. It always inspires others when they know how many have been keeping successfully to this WOL.

@EmmaTaylor, welcome to October’s forum. I’m sure you’ll quickly see the excesses of the summer being reversed.

@rabbette, great to read of the changes in your dietary habits where you now can just enjoy food AND “love” water. Keep it up!

@suki2, welcome. Glad you can keep up with posts and posting yourself even if your holiday away means no weighing. From what others have written, it should help your accountability, even without the scales. Maybe use how tight or loose your clothes are as a guide while you’re away?

@snowflake56, you can get back to maintenance again, and be more comfortable sleeping.

@at, welcome again this month, and as always, that saying of yours is SO inspiring.

@neilithicman, your weight loss journey is such an inspiration. Hope that last kilo or two disappear for you this month.

@wacm, welcome, and may you achieve all your weight goals for a healthy and long life.

@penz, and @snowflake56, great to have you with us this month, and “back on the wagon” to better like yourselves.

@matpi, welcome. Good to have you with us.

@funshipfreddie, good comment about not wanting to become an obesity statistic.

@lilymartin, welcome back. Great that you’ve recognised that for you at the moment, calorie counting is needed to ensure a successful reset. I’m sure once you’ve flowed back into this WOL, you’ll more easily know what is and is not within the limits of your TDEE. Plus, work on the comfort eating. I actually find, if I’m desperate, that a diet hot chocolate drink helps calm the raging dragon.

@i hat lettuce, good thoughts on the helpfulness of this forum for accountability, especially regular posting. It can help us sometimes to get past difficult humps on the way.

@flourbaby, welcome to October. You join a few of us in having had a disastrous September, but we’re all pressing reset for October, and expecting downward movement.

@brightonbelle, yep, stay with the forum for accountability; it’s a great help.

@suresh3101, good luck with your first day as a FD.

@yvonneb, welcome back, and like @flourbaby and others, put the past behind and press reset for October.

A comment I read, said to be a reply by Hugh Jackman as to why he’s in great shape : “If I told you that you were going to be on film on a 40-foot screen with your shirt off, you’d be in good shape, too”. Well, we’re not Hugh Jackman, but it’s a good thought to keep in mind as that second piece of cake tries to call your name!
    Onward and downwards everyone!

Day 1 USA (Illinois) NFD

Hello long-time members, and welcome newbies. I am Gwynne, retired school music teacher, 71, married, very active with various activities living in NW Illinois. I began 5:2 in March, 2016, joined this blog in May with @coda. I’m mostly on maintenance since January 2017 after losing the 35 pounds I wanted to lose. That has generally meant 6:1, but I had no idea how judicious I would have to remain so as not to regain what I worked so hard to lose. I’m just above where I really want to be, so losing 3-4 pounds would make me happy.

@coda is our mentor with these challenges (right, @brightonbelle ) and I was happy to spend a little time with her and her OH in June 2017 when they came through Chicago. I look forward to learning more about many of your places, customs, joys, and struggles.

@betsylee — thanks so much for hosting this month!

Onward and downward.

Day 1, Melb Aust Second Post

@songbirdme, great to have you with us again. Having long term “losers” who have successfully stayed on (or slightly above, for you at the moment) maintenance is such an inspiration to all of us!

Day 1 – Stratford Upon Avon, UK – FD

New month, fresh start, Happy Days!!!!!

I’m a 50yo female, originally from Ireland, but I have lived in the UK for 30 years now, half of that time in London and the rest in lovely Stratford-Upon-Avon. I’m married with two daughters aged 22 and 20, both of them trying to find their way in the world, and a curly, black, miniature, pub loving, chubby (hmmm – can dogs do 5:2? 😉 labradoodle called Izzy.

My entire adult life has been spent gaining and losing weight 🙁
    Honestly, I’m just weary of it. I am an emotional eater, happy – eat, sad – eat, stressed – eat – you’ve got the picture and I have GOT to break the cycle so here I am….

Why do I want to lose weight? For health mostly, but also for confidence and vanity! I would love to make my family proud of me, they remain very supportive but it must be oh so wearing for them too, and I must say my DH NEVER comments on my weight, I think he deserves a sainthood for putting up with me, lol!, but so far, I just haven’t been able to GET there and STAY there.

So,
    @penz – with you and happy to be one of your October buddies 🙂
    @lilymartin – thank you for sharing your story, I can relate….
    @flourbaby – goodbye September and hello October, happy to wipe THAT slate clean! Your story touched me, so relatable – except – 40lbs! WOW!!!! that’s amazing! 🙂 go you!
    @neilithicman – again WOW! amazing results, I can but dream….and keep trying of course 😉
    @ccco – congratulation on your September loss!

I love this group, I love the positive vibes and the camaraderie and the banter.

And I have a tentative hope that I just might do it this time and that’s enough for now……

Day 1 Pocket List:

@ccco
    @yo-yo

Day 1: Gloucestershire, UK, NFD:
    Well, let’s give it another go. I’ve been off the wagon for so long now, I’ve forgotten when I was last on it….but I do join in most of the monthly challenges, just in the hope…
    So, thanks @betsylee for doing the honours this month.

About me.
    I work for Royal Mail, out in all weathers delivering the post. I’m 66, past retirement age….but working keeps me out of the kitchen! I get plenty of exercise too!
    I’m married (32 years) and our daughter is 27 and is currently living in Melbourne, Australia, as a research scientist (pastureland, dairy cows etc). We live in The Cotswolds (SW of England) and have a sweet little rescue dog to keep us on our toes.

In 2016, alongside @coda I joined these challenges and lost all my excess weight (about 28 pounds) and reached maintenance….unfortunately I then fell off the wagon during the following year and gradually put quite a bit back on!
    I am around 63kg…and should be about 10kg less.

Day 1, VA, USA, FD B2B

Yesterday was one of those really challenging FDs – I used ALLLLLL my tricks.
    I had
    broth 10am
    Broth & peas 12:30pm
    Loaded Salad 7:00pm
    1/4 cup nuts 8:00pm

I was just down right hungry and while I didn’t go over my 500 calorie allotment I sure as heck counted every single bite right up to it. Jeez.

Today already feels better for a FD. Had my arugula with salt and pepper with 2 carrots one purple one white and wholly guacamole (100 cal) maybe about (150 total for lunch) Haven’t sorted supper quite yet. I’m in-between making a beef and veggie

Stubbed my toe on the sidewalk Oh My Gosh I saw sparks and stars and looked down to realize that I also made my poor big toe bleed. Yikes, had to still teach one more class after that happened so went there all gimpy (shoulder in sling, and limping) what a sore site as a yoga teacher haha. That is life tho sometimes it just keeps throwing you curve balls!

I’m a stats/charts kind of gal so here goes the list…
    Weight in lbs

Jan 28th__184.0___BMI 32.6
    Feb 1st___176.4___BMI 30.5
    Mar 1st___174.6___BMI 30.2
    Apr 1st___170.6___BMI 29.5
    May 1st___162.0___BMI 28.0
    June 1st__159.4___BMI 27.5
    –7.0
    July 1st__153.2___BMI 26.5
    Aug 1st___144.8___BMI 25.0
    Sept 9th__144.6___BMI 25.0
    Oct 1st___136.4___BMI 23.6

-47.6 total

Surprising for my numbers last month since I didn’t have measurements on sept 1st and started from the 9th how much weight was lost in 3 weeks o_O so just goes to show don’t give up.

@snowflake56 – really nothing is TMI anymore being a yoga teacher – I mean I talk about pelvic floors and sphincters and more in class, so you need not worry that I’ll be bashful. We are pretty much the same BMI I do wonder if you need a bit of stretches for better leg crossing. May I inquire what is uncomfortable? Is the groin? The knees? The hips? Are the legs just squishing too much (like too much thigh skin?) now if that is too much TMI its ok you don’t have to answer, but I’d look up some seated floor postures to maybe give you a bit more flexibility and rotation and that might help with the whole leg crossing deal. Hugs. I’m trying to get to a BMI of 20-21

@penz – awe thanks for the shoutout. Something I did when I was on Vacation (since I didn’t have my sweetheart with me (they are more of the eating influence) I really embraced that I didn’t NEED to eat just because that is what is expected. Meaning it is ok NOT to eat 3 meals a day. The other thing I embraced is always having water with me in a little thermos. Especially walking around I get way more thirsty than I ever realized. I kept hydrated and really was only hungry once a day. If you do find something is making your 5:2 a challenge, take a moment and reflect what is it? And how can I make a game plan that helps me work with my challenge. Having some ideas and tips ahead of yourself can help with ALL the GOODIES in the world start to show up front and center.

@rafiki44 – oooooo biometric scan sounds swanky and the fact that yours rates you 10 years younger heck yeah! That means we’re now officially twins 😉

@lilymartin – you got this, make your game plan and stick to it and soon your will be taking that dress out dancing 😉

@neilithicman – great job on the fast 800!

@yo-yo fletch – My Sweetheart never says a word about my weight (except lately we have joked that soon I’ll blow away in the wind) teehehe.

Pocket list Day 1

@ccco
    @yo-yo
    @rabbette

Viewing 50 posts - 1 through 50 (of 539 total)

You must be logged in to reply.