November Small Group Accountability Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
November Small Group Accountability Challenge

This topic contains 245 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  Karlanz 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 246 total)

• @lessofme34 as I haven’t heard from Ruby or freckledrunner I’ve added you in the spreadsheet. Could you please provide the following if you are still interested in joining us?

Starting Weight
    November Goal
    If Nov.1 – 7 were Fasting or Non Fasting days for you.

Thank you Meon! 3-30 and still going strong. I had a porridge in the morning (200 calories) and two yoghurts for lunch (240). I’ll have an apple in the evening and this is me done. I have to split meals, I can’t go completely nil until evening and then eat. It would be too risky for me personally.

Whatever works for you, I guess.

WillWorkForHealth, thank you!It is nice to be called an inspiration. Now i have to be strong until the end! To live up to it.

Emotional eating is tough. But then it is a terrible circle that needs to be broken one day. We feel emotional, we eat. We put on weight and we are angry and emotional and we eat. And this will be a big percentage of those who want to lose weight.

We need to break the circle to be healthier and happier. Enjoying being in control is my current coping technic.

Technique even.

Day 8- NFD.
    Meon-dweller, Thank you for advice. I will try to gain control today.
    Tanchora, congrats!

Day 8 NFD

thankyou WWFH

@tanchora, very well said about emotional eating! I have gone to the freezer and gotten a tub of ice cream in a fit of being mad/hurt at my husband. I feel like this is my opportunity to really practice mindfulness and dealing with my emotions instead of stuffing them. Awesome job fasting at home – it’s REALLY hard!
    @Meon – yes yes yes on not needing food. Oh how often I now find that I mindlessly snack. Great job with your mantra!

I finished the Mosley book yesterday, and I have to say that being better educated about the details of the benefits of the fast (and fasting in general) has made it easier to commit to.

Day 9 – FD. Opened with 6.5 miles on the road, 5.5 of that running 9 minute miles (*gasp!). If you had told me a month ago I could do this you could have picked up my jaw off the floor, it really feels unbelievable to be sitting here, not ravenous, feeling crazy, or dizzy.
    After the run I let some mild desire to eat/hunger pass, drank water and am holding off for a very, very light lunch (salad with apples/carrots, pre-packaged) – aiming for less than 100 calories, because this evening I’m getting on an airplane and walking into a reception dinner for a wedding tomorrow and I want to (reasonably) enjoy the meal 🙂 Hence:
    Day 10-13 – wedding/birthday party/weekend time – Non-fast days, and I will probably not be checking in until Monday. 🙂 Hope you all have a great weekend and rest of your week!

Popping back in to say, pickle juice on the salad for the win! I have an overflowing plate of food totaling 45 calories. (*happy dance*)

Day 9 = NFD
    Too sad and dispirited to post anything beyond that for now. Except I will try very hard to resist emotional eating today. Peace.

@micky42 hugs to you. I wasn’t able to resist and now I’m dispirited AND feeling sick. Wasn’t worth it. Hang in there.

FD today! Did 50 mins walking as well. I found this FD v tough. I’m exhausted 😩

Well done Meon-Dweller. Work biscuits/cakes are a nightmare to resist but you did it!!!

Hope everyone is doing well 😊

@jbells – good job! You can do it!

Many of here on the other side of the pond are a bit stunned from our election news. Don’t emotionally eat my friends – but do by all means find solace with company! If today is a NFD – drink some wine and take some deep breaths. Tomorrow, hold your heads high, and lets take this gracefully and move on to the next task, next thing we can *do*. By golly (inner dork coming out) we are still here. Sun is still rising in the east and will set in the west. Gravity still works. We can keep on moving forward in our world with what we can control. Be with peace.

Thank you, WW4H and J-ray. Your words are comforting and appreciated.

Nov 9 FD
    Micky42 and WWFH I believe in looking for positives in every situation. Over the last 2 years my personal life has been turned upside down – I won’t bore you with the details – America may benefit from this change (or it may not) but I don’t think Trump can do anything without support so the likelihood is that his influence may be small.. But this will only last 4 years, America will come through it. The UK on the otherhand has committed to a lifelong indefinite change.. however it turns out we have to permanently accept the consequences. Chin up and concentrate on what you control.. yourself..
    Tanchora – Did you get through the day on your fast? I hope so.. I was thinking of you.
    Wishing everyone a good day..

Let’s leave political discussions out of this thread please. Though we may mean well we don’t know everyone’s personal circumstances and it isn’t fair to make assumptions or comparisons. I would like to keep this thread a safe place for all to discuss feelings and eating habits strictly.

Day 9 = NFD
    I mainlined chocolate all day as I processed heavy feelings. I’m ok with that. It was unusual circumstances. Today is a new day and an FD for me.

Nov 10 – FD

Well I survived my second FD, although when I discovered my daughter’s dance solo music was not in her costume bag tonight, and her competition is tomorrow which she needs the CD for, I had a bit of a meltdown finding it really hard to think straight with an empty stomach. I had missed my lunch break as I didn’t get relieved from yard duty (I am a teacher) and once I got home I went full on into dance comp preparation mode so I had only eaten a raw carrot at recess along with a herbal tea. I managed to get the kids fed, cook my boiled egg and then found the cd! Celebrating with a warm milo made with water now, as I was way under the 500Cal due to missing lunch.

Not a nice experience, but I find it easier to fast on busy days and having yard duty means I don’t spend lunchtime in the staff room with everyone’s meals temping me to run to the canteen and forget my fast. Looking forward to a NFD tomorrow though.

My point is to seize control of what you can ..yourself.

Well done Jaybee78, yes I can understand how being in a staff room full of other people eating and the food smells would be a huge challenge. Yard duty seems a good day to have a fast. I am lucky to be alone in an office.. nothing else to tempt me except what I allow. I am also on a farm so if I don’t bring it to work it is not available – no local shops.

Have a good day everyone . .

For the spreadsheet
    Day 7- FD
    Day 8 – NFD
    Day 9 -NFD
    Day 10 – FD

Good morning all – probably not a good time for me to try 5:2 at this point (although really respect the logic of “surprising” One’s body so the metabolism does not have time to slow). Hope everyone has a successful November!

Hello everyone. Sorry, a bit late with reporting.

Day 9: FD. Finished successfully, was very difficult to sit at home and not eat!!!

Busy day at work today and funnily enough no time to enjoy my lunch.

Weighed myself today and I am roughly at the same point as I was after losing weight last week. Meaning that stuffing myself at the weekend pounds only disappeared by this point and I have two days to lose weight for this week. Not good! Confirming my determination to buy less treas this time.

Zumba tonight as well, which helps, as it’s a very intensive class.

Day 9 NFD. It was not just NFD; it was Over Eating day with ice-cream at 9:30 pm.
    Scale was not nice in the morning, and I felt ashamed.
    Fasting today and planning to go to Zumba class.

MeonDweller I understood and appreciated your words of encouragement.
    Day 10 = FD
    Still stuck at plateau, up 1+ lb from my lowest weight about a month ago. Grrr. Maybe tomorrow will be the day I break the plateau. Hope springs eternal. Wishing everyone a positive day.

Hi ladies.. is it very late to join u all? I have a note of all the FDs I have done since Nov 1. I haven’t been on the site since more than 3 months, when I was a regular, but had to leave fasting since I was expecting (but lost the baby later on). I am getting back into the hang of it still.. tough to motivate yourself after such a long gap. Your company and accountability would be great to succeed :).

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Jqgcm2OO8W44Q9z-afDm7bPJTxnbn86FcXvUgKmg8Xw/edit?usp=sharing

Understood Meon, and agreed!

Today’s FD is going well so far. I am busy today which is nice and didn’t make it to the gym this morning which makes not eating much easier.

Welcome @ MiniMee! I’m sorry for your loss – I went through the same early last year. We’d be glad to have your company. Please provide the following:

Day 1 – 10 FD or NFD
    Starting Weight
    November Goal

Thanks WWFH! Here are my details:

Day 1 – FD
    Day 2-7 – NFD
    Day 8 – FD
    Day 9 – NFD
    Day 10 – FD

Starting weight was 72.27 kg (160 lbs), and November goal would be to lose 5 pounds.

I have started going to gym 3 days a week and try to move more throughout the day. And I weighed in 1 kg lesser today 🙂 . All the best everyone! Have a great day ahead.

So sorry to hear of your recent loss MimiMee, my daughter miscarried earlier this year, such a very sad experience. Welcome and Take care of yourself.

Nov 10 FD

Have a good day everyone.

MiniMee, welcome to the group!

Day 10: NFD. Nothing superordinary to report. Did zumba and was very busy at work, hence had my meals in a very rushed way.

Day 11: FD.

Saty strong everybody.

Day 10 – FD
    Day 11, 12, 13 – NFD

Yesterday was a hard fast day, and I really appreciate having this group to have to report back to – otherwise it definitely would have been a NFD.

Went my second run for the week this morning, one more to go, then I’ve met my goals for the week.

The NFDs this weekend will be a bit of a write off, have a hens weekend I’m at, and don’t think I will be very good at resisting wine etc…

Good luck everyone, thanks WWFH for running this 🙂

Karlanz, well done! Lets help each other here. The groups helps me a lot pchycologically!

Day 10 – NFD

Did 40 mins yoga today morning. Yesterday’s FD made me very active in the night.. slept just 3 hours 🙁 . Today is going great.. not having cravings so its a YAY for me :). Great going Karlanz.. we just have to be consistent in our efforts and the results will be wonderful!! Hope we all have a wonderful day ahead (specially with food control).

Day 11 = NFD.
    Good to see you here, Minimee. Very sorry for your loss. Some things are much harder to bear than others, so take care of yourself and good on you for keeping up the fight.
    FD yesterday went well. Cautiously happy this morning to see that I may be breaking through my stubborn plateau. Scales back down to my lowest weight. Will try to make it to an actual and permanent loss by next week. Stay strong everyone!

well done MiniMee and Micky!

Struggling here today. Extremely hungry! Find it gets easier once you pass that level when you can eat a horse. Then the hunger goes down and it’s much easier to cope. Very determined still!

Thanks Micky for your kind words.

And sorry.. its Day 11 – NFD for today 🙂 .

Good Tanchora. How do u do your FD? How many meals?

Porridge in the morning, two yoghurts in the afternoon and an apple in the evening. I have to be more imaginative, I assume, would have to research the recipes or look at soups in a supermarket tonight. They should be pretty low on calories.

It got much easier a minute or so ago. My hunger’s disappeared!

Hehe.. my favorite way to curb hunger is to talk to a friend! It makes hours go away (whenever I can take out that time)! I try to limit my calories till 4-5 in the evening.. generally have around 150 calories till then, and rest 350 are remaining for evening snack/dinner. This works out best for me.. though I sometimes go up to 600 also.

Try Batchelor’s slim a soups.. around 45-55 calories per cup.. or better still.. make your own soup.. I make tomato soup in soup maker and the whole 4 cups is just 175 calories. I am a fan of corn on the cob also nowadays.. just 70-80 calories per cob and soup and corn really fills me up. Sorry for blabbering so much :).

Ok, thank you MiniMee! I might have a look at those soups.

Day 11: FD. This was difficult, I seemed to be super hungry. I don’t know whether it was triggered by super intensive zumba the night before. I even woke up feeling extremely hungry this morning, well before the alarm.

The scales showed some weight loss. Not as much as last Saturday but this will do. I am heading in the right direction!

NFDs now until Wednesday. Have a good weekend everyone!

Day 12 = NFD.
    Cautiously pleased this morning – down another lb., my lowest weight in at least 4 years. My knees must be feeling better! Bought a new pair of boots to mark the occasion. Still have another 15-25 lbs to go — 2017 here I come! Stay strong and treat yourself well, everyone.

Hi everyone
    I expect it is too late to join the challenge 1/2 way through this month but I was wondering if you will continue in December? If so I would really like to join. I’m currently in another November challenge but it’s gotten far too large and im not feeling the support from it that I got in earlier months with a smaller group.
    I would say good luck to you all for the rest of this month but what we all really need is good support, good planning and good intentions, we will all be lucky anyway if we have those things sorted.

Day 12 – NFD
    Day 13 – FD

Congrats Micky!! Its a Sunday today but I am having an FD, since I won’t be able to have many FDs from Mon-Fri.. if I am able to I might have 4:3… has anybody done 4:3 amongst us? Have you guys looked into fast exercise promoted by Dr. Moseley? I just bought the book and would start reading it.

Lany.. I agree.. a smaller group is the best for constant support, which is very imp while getting healthier. I am sure you can join this challenge now also (I myself joined on 10th), though I would wait for WWFH or somebody else to confirm 🙂 .

Have a great day everyone!! WE CAN DO IT!!

Update for me..
    Nov 11th FD
    Nov 12th FD
    Nov 13th NFD

Wishing everyone a good week ahead, stay focused and in control..

Hello and back from the weekend. Congrats on all the successes!
    Tomorrow Day 14 is a fast day. I’m still trying to figure out this whole exercise and fasting bit. I’m going to try to start the day with bulletproof coffee and see how that goes with my run.
    @minimee I just clicked on the link on top for fast exercise, on the surface it goes along with the fitnessblender philosophy that longer exercise is not necessarily better. I like their strength training and HIIT workouts (and husband likes their results on me lol). And they are FREE! I like running too, so don’t do it exclusively – in fact it’s been a while… too long.

Does anyone notice problems sleeping, going or staying asleep, on fasting days?

Nov 11 -13 NFD
    Nov 14 FD

Back to back FDs Meon?! Go you!

Tanchora do you find porridge makes you hungrier?

As I have lesson 2 off, when I tend to get hungry I decided to start with 1/4 cup oats made up with water and topped with a few blueberries. I thought it would get me through until lunch but it didn’t, and had to have my minuscule portion of cashews at recess time.

One large carrot for lunch (no time to open my tin of tuna) and then I caved at the lollies being passed around at the curriculum meeting this arvo. So I am having dinner early so I don’t snack on anything else. I think I might still squeeze under 500… Just a corn thin, topped with lettuce, smoked salmon and boiled egg.

J-Ray, they say fasting can interfere but I find the opposite, I just go to bed earlier to avoid food, and recharge!

Apologies for my absence. Very strange few days! Anyway this is where I’m at…

Nov 9 FD (think that’s in already)
    Nov 10 NFD
    Nov 11 NFD
    Nov 12 NFD
    Nov 13 NFD
    Nov 14 FD

Thank you willworkforhealth

Updated:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Jqgcm2OO8W44Q9z-afDm7bPJTxnbn86FcXvUgKmg8Xw/edit?usp=sharing

Hello everyone. I am so happy to see that you are finding this group helpful. Even though I haven’t done nearly the amount of FD’s I intended something must be going right because I fit in my pre-pregnancy work pants this morning. Wahoo!!

@lany36 there is no time limit to join. We are only limited in number – 12 maximum and at the moment we have 11 people. If you would like to join please provide the following.

Start Weight:
    November Goal:
    Were Nov. 1-13 FD’s or NFD’s?

@j-ray I’d love to hear what you learn about fasting and excercise. I have found that I simply can’t do both on the same day which is why my FD plans have gone off the rails. For now I am not excercising on FD’s anymore. I suspect you may be more fat adapted than me though.

Have a great start to the week everyone!

OOPS, I am so behind on reporting. Sorry.
    Day 10 – FD.
    Days 11-13 – NFDs – Long weekend was not very helpful for healthy eating.
    Monday morning scale was not happy with me. 🙁
    Fasting today.

Day 14 = FD.
    Sorry about not posting yesterday — busy weekend. Still sticking to my guns. Strength and peace to all of us trying to make ourselves, and our world, better.

Day 14 – FD

@coldpizza – it was a long weekend for me too, and I was out of town for a hens weekend to make food/drink choices even worse 🙁 suffice to say my FD yesterday was hard, I was hungry all day. Presumably because of the amount of sugar I ate over the weekend…

Once again, just being part of this group has come to the rescue, and I managed to stick to my guns. I did my third run on Sunday, even with being away, so I did meet my goals last week. Now to try and do it this week, which has the actual wedding in it (essentially a four day event – eek).

Best wishes to everyone 🙂

Day 10-13 NFD
    Day 14: FD

Today is going OK so far, decided for a 35 minute strength training workout (including warmup and cooldown) since I did a hard 3.5 miles yesterday evening. Started the day with a modified bulletproof coffee, probably around 100 calories, with coconut oil, which is supposedly reported to provide readily available ketones and get you into fat burning mode. Who knows; I’m feeling a bit hungry (like I finally burned through my glycogen stores) but want to hold off the bulk of calories for the chili I have in the slow cooker. Today is a home day so I’ll probably clean my house like crazy to stay busy while I smell the good smells!

@wwfh, I think there may be an error on the spreadsheet, someone is listed as having 5 FD in a row, way more hardcore than needing to be here lol.

To all who feel like they overdid it over the weekend, it’s ok! That’s exactly how the program works. Studies find fasting people eat about 10-15% more on NFD, not the 175% needed to make up for the restricted calories on FD. There is freedom we get to enjoy guilt free through the discipline of following the program just a couple days per week.

@meon-dweller can you please confirm your spreadsheet entries are correct? Are you doing an extended fast? Thanks!

Viewing 50 posts - 101 through 150 (of 246 total)

You must be logged in to reply.