November Small Group Accountability Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
November Small Group Accountability Challenge

This topic contains 245 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  Karlanz 7 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 46 posts - 201 through 246 (of 246 total)

• Meon-dweller, stay strong.

I do find many similarities when reading your thoughts or struggles. I have similar issues re yo-yo. Although I was just looking at the file and you are smashing your FDs!

I am amazed how strong you are. Do you think that maybe your metabolism has slowed down because of the number of FDs?

Stay positive. 2016 has been terrible for me and my family and I can’t wait for it to go. I think we just have to move on with lives and look after ourselves, health wise, nobody else would. And if we are stronger and healthier within ourselves then we can help the closest to us. I prefer that way, not the other way round.

Day 20 — NFD
    Day 21 — FD
    Yesterday I was sick with stomach flu; feeling a little better today but still not good/normal. Grrrr.
    Meon, I know exactly how you feel. I have been yo-yoing for the past 6 weeks. It really gets frustrating. But past experience tells me that if I stick with it and try not to fret about the current weight, eventually I will drop the to-yo pounds for good. I’m 59 years old and I think that my weight loss is perhaps more stubborn than others’ but I just have to keep going. 34 lbs down from my starting weight in mid-March, 15-20 still to go. We can do it!

@Meon, @WWFH, @tanchora
    We are in this for the long haul; I want to join the encouragement Meon to say it’s ok to have hard times. Don’t beat yourself up. Your identity and worth are not packaged in what your body on the outside looks like; being kind, gracious, compassionate are of so much more value. Love yourself at every size.
    I also understand about family stress, and am extremely fortunate to have my work slow down and be working a lot less this year, as I’m coupling this with additional mindfulness, inwardness, and reading. All hell broke loose in my family last year, and this has been part of reflecting on how the pieces got picked up and put back together, albeit we are all different because of it. It was really hard to process at the time; so I guess my question is, is fasting helping, or hindering stress management? Part of self love is engaging in activities which help manage stress, not add to it.
    @micky – oh no stomach bugs are the worst!
    You are all so inspiring to me!

Day 21 – FD and a run

Thanks WWFH and Micky42 for your kind words, but I feel like you’re giving me too much credit – I didn’t even try to eat my TDEE during the wedding days, just made sure I did my two fast days beforehand. I’ve managed to maintain my weight over the past week, which is a win as far as I’m concerned πŸ™‚

Day 22 NFD
    Had a really good day today.
    Did an upper body workout then took the dog for a walk.
    Came home and spent the afternoon sweeping and cleaning windows outside.
    Food wise I think it’s been a good one, omelette for breakfast and a chocolate treat for lunch…but small and nothing else then a lovely light dinner of carrot and courgette fritters made with egg and besan flour and a side salad with no dressing.
    Chocolate wasn’t the best lunch from a nutrition perspective but I’ve found that I need a small bit regularly or I go WAAAY overboard. If I fit it in without blowing my TDEE even when I have it in place of a regular meal I keep the blowouts at bay.
    There’s many things I’ve tried over the years to avoid it but going without chocolate just isn’t an option for me so I hope no one judges my ‘lunch’ too harshly.
    Onwards and downwards everyone😊

Day 21: FD + zumba.

@lany36 I don’t judge chocolate indulgence, in fact, I think life without chocolate is sad. I was beyond bummed when I discovered chocolate is one of my migraine triggers! I had to abstain at a cookie exchange on Saturday because it was one of my high risk migraine days. I’m uber impressed at all your NFD choices, that wasn’t too far off my early FD meals!

Day 22: NFD. Getting ready to go to body pump so I ate a high protein breakfast, hopefully I can do ok with yesterday being a FD. Ran a wonderful light 5k yesterday, complete with sunshowers and rainbows. 🌈 Really starting to enjoy how I feel on FD! I love how it’s unexpectedly helped my evening snacking tremendously, and I have pretty much stopped eating any meals in favor of eating dinner with the family, which always tastes amazing after not eating all day!
    Have a great day all!

UPDATED:
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Jqgcm2OO8W44Q9z-afDm7bPJTxnbn86FcXvUgKmg8Xw/edit#gid=0

Is there interest in continuing this group in December? I would appreciate the support as November did not quite go according to plan for me – though checking in here kept me from going completely off the rails.

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Day 22 — NFD
    Nothing much to report, just doing what I need to do.
    WWFH I’m in for December if this group continues …

Day 22: NFD. Not much to report either.

Will be fasting today. I am going on a business trip tomorrow night/Friday. I don’t know how this will go hence trying to do as much as possible at the beginning of the week.

WWFH – definitely in for December! Thinking about fasting during festive breaks too. Silly request: can I have my FD yesterday in a light colour on the file, please? Sorry, just for visual satisfaction. Thank you!

OOPs, did not realize that I skipped so many days’ reporting.
    Day 18 – FD.
    Days 19-22 NFD
    Planning to fast today.

Best wishes!

Day 23: FD. Might be rough, I’ve been hungry for the past couple hours and it’s still early. Not sure if from the intense weight lifting yesterday or date night topped off with a milkshake and resulting insulin spike. Will see if a jog happens.

@WWFH, I’m in for December, I’ve seen measurement results and cut down on nighttime snacking, which will help through the holidays. Plus, looks like it staved off my monthly migraine, which is why I’ve been so happy the past few days. They last 3 days every month, I feel like 10% of my life is taken. SOO grateful to not have one so far! Thanks for offering to run this again.

Day 22 & 23 NFD
    Day 24 FD
    Wwfh I would love to carry on into December seeing as you are happy to keep track. The small group is so beneficial to follow and im sure it will help the silly season madness from undoing all the benefits of fasting if we keep reporting and supporting each other.
    Jray I’m so pleased you are seeing benefits outside of weight loss, regular migraines must be awfulπŸ˜₯

Day 23 — NFD.
    Was good sticking to my goal TDEE today. Normally tomorrow would be a FD for me, but Thanksgiving! Hope all here who are celebrating have a lovely day. And everyone else too!

Day 23: FD.

Went pretty ok. I think I am getting used to fasting. Reading the book, it seems that 5:2 can change your outlook to food on NFDs. I think this is what’s happening to me. I started thinking calories, nutrition, not overdoing weekends to spoil the results etc. I think this is good. I like the diet so far.

Day 23 NFD
    Day 24 FD
    Day 25 NFD
    I can’t remember where I was up to with my log in so hopefully I haven’t doubled up my entries wwfh
    I’m taking today as a non fast but I’m going to carry over yesterday’s fast as long as possible, maybe I’ll have lunch but probably go through until dinner before breaking which would be almost 48hrs with 450cals
    I still haven’t mastered the NFD and I’m getting disheartened with my slow progress, but I know it’s my all or nothing style that’s slowing me down. I fast easily but the mental strength that gets me through a fast seems to vanish when i give myself permission to begin eating again
    I love reading about how tanchora has changed her outlook to weekends and become mindful like so many others and I know I need to be more like that….any advice is great but just reading the forum really helps too.
    Have a great day everyone 😊

Day 24: successful NFD. I am *stuffed*!
    Continued my fast until after my early afternoon 4 mile run. Enjoyed a high butter thanksgiving meal. Happy turkey day Americans!
    @lany36, I also recommend reading the original book, it’s a fast and easy read and I felt like it helped set and steel me mentally better for this as a lifetime habit.

Day 24 – FD
    Day 25 – NFD

I’m in for Decemeber too!
    @lany36 I am exactly the same on NFDs! I start getting on top of sugar and then cave and think, well. Didn’t eat yesterday so one won’t hurt… And then I crave more sugar! Was tough last night making birthday cupcakes for my son on a FD! Putting the chocolate freckles on top, was sooo tempting to gobble a few!

Dat 24 – NFD
    Day 25 – NFD
    Not sure how today will go. Lots of Thanksgiving leftovers and I will be baking a cake that my daughter loves. I will try to be good, but will also allow myself to enjoy food with family. Which is fair and right for me, even if it does mean eating a bit less mindfully than usual today. Good luck today, everyone.

Days 22-25 NFD

Did manage a run on Wednesday morning, so that was good. But I had a field trip Weds afternoon to Fri evening, so definitely no FDs in there, and in fact generally ate too much. Trying for a FD today and a run tomorrow, will update you later!

Hope everyone has a good weekend πŸ™‚

Day 25: nfd, and a 3 mile hike carrying a 40 lb child on my back. Still enjoying leftovers, though I think the fast days help some in stomach shrinkage, I just don’t feel like I eat as much at a meal.
    Happy weekend!
    @karlanz, you want to be accountability buddy for that run? I want to try to get one in tomorrow too! I’m a hunting widow this weekend, and being solo with 2 kids it takes more conscious effort to get it in. 😊

Day 25 16:8 fast then NFD
    Day 26 16:8 fast then NFD

Jaybee thanks for helping me feel normal😊
    I’m fully in awe of your ability to bake on a FD
    I love to bake and I’ve not yet failed on a FD but I know I don’t have the willpower…or should that be wontpower to resist tasting my baking on a FD, so well done to you for staying so strong that’s true commitment.

Jray I think I’ve noticed a similar thing with stomach shrinkage. I still struggle with resisting sweet foods but I have found that I’m satisfied with smaller portions of everything than I used to be…now if only the rest of me would hurry up and shrink to match.

Days 24-27: NFDs.

The business trip meant sandwiches as the only accessible food. Nothing hot (no time). I don’t think I like that. Craved a bowl of home made fish soup.
    I’ve decided to eat more fish, by the way, which I love. I think red meat feels heavier on my stomach.

Keep coming across all these articles about best foods for brain power, anti-ageing and all that. I think I am almost there, just less sweet treats and maybe more fish.

Lany36, I am, by no means, 100% changed person. But I think I started thinking in the right direction. Tiny tiny steps, every little helps and all that. πŸ˜€

Have a good weekend everyone!

Day 26: FD
    Day 27: NFD

Made it for my run this morning, so have done both my goals this week, largely thanks to this group. I’d definitely be interested in continuing for Dec, although I’ll only be able to do the first 2 weeks, as I’ll be in Antarctica for the last two weeks, and I don’t think they’ll like me doing FDs while down there!

@j-ray I’ll be watching to see if you get your run in! Hope that helps with the motivation πŸ™‚

Day 26 – NFD (again)
    Not even trying to do a great job today! Kids still home from college and we made a cake in honor of National Cake Day. I’m sure I’m over my TDEE but it is what it is. Tomorrow I will start getting back on the horse.

Day 27 NFD
    Probably over TDEE today due to mindless snacking and eating my baking…really awful weather so I’m stuck inside and started baking…wasn’t actually hungry just woke the sugar dragon with a small nibble then before I knew it I’d eaten most of what I made!!!
    Definitely looking forward to a FD tomorrow and a good solid HIIT session

Day 26 nfd
    Day 27 unexpected mostly fd

Life and migraine caught up with me this weekend. No run, migraine today positively wooped me especially herding two high energy kids. No appetite with migraine means that I actually probably came in 500-600 calories for the day, an unintended fast. Ready for tomorrow’s fast and praying that the migraine doesn’t run its full course. @karlanz I failed at keeping up with run! Boo.
    @lany I’m impressed you do hit on fast days! Any tips or pointers? How long have you been fasting for?

Haven’t heard from @meon, thinking of you and hope you’re doing well!

Day 28 FD
    Jray your migraine sounds awful, I hope you feel some relief tomorrow.
    I started fasting in the second week of September this year, so about 2 1/2 months, but I’ve been running, weigh training doing HIIT ect for more than 10years so I’m pretty well adapted to training and I’ve always preferred to do high intensity work or running on an empty stomach. I get nauseous really easily if I’ve eaten within 2-3hours of a workout.
    My only real tip is to be well hydrated and I usually have an espresso about 45mins before I train.
    I haven’t weighed myself for more than a month but when I started I need to lose 8kg which is less than many others here but I am really pushing hard hoping to get below 60kg by Christmas and I think the HIIT is part of what will get me there. Fingers crossed

Last week of November is upon us! I feel as if I need to be extra serious this week. Anybody else is feeling the pressure?

No business trips and two classes of zumba (Mon & Thur) for me.

Good luck to everybody and migraine free life, ideally.

Day 23-27 – All NFDs – Thanksgiving weekend – it was simply impossible for me to fast.

Day 28: FD
    Thanks for the migraine sympathy you guys.
    Going well so far today; I caught migraine early and only required on half dose of meds to get under control so I’m a lot more functional today. Coffee/water only until after a 3 mile run this afternoon, then ate half a can of lentil soup. Was feeling quite off after the run, so added some extra salt to my soup and sat for a bit rehydrating. Guessing it felt harder because it’s basically been a 2 day fast.
    @lany36 I’ve been exercising/active/training for a long time too πŸ™‚ I actually didn’t have trouble during the morning HIIT/weight exercise, but bonked hard mid-afternoon. You remind me that I ended up dehydrated that day, perhaps that was my downfall. Thanks for the reminder! And ah! The sugar dragon! I hate that damn thing. But baking is fun and actually good for your health.

I think that is quite smart to only get on the scale once a month. I tried to hide ours but my husband likes it out – when I see it I step on it as it’s right next to my sink. I wish I didn’t see all the little ups and downs!

@tanchora – I feel like I just need to stay diligent and committed to the fast days to cancel out the effects of the holidays lol. Though I have to say by the end of last week I was actually looking forward to another FD.

Day 28: FD + zumba.

It was so cold last night + I was not feeling 100% after all the sneezing and coughing in the office, that I was tempted to skip my zumba class. But at the end I did it and actually felt much better. Not just from the exercising but I think my cold symptoms almost vanished.

Trying to sort of fast today too. Although my actual second fast is definitely on Friday.

@j-ray: glad you are looking forward to FDs. I feel the same after weekends. It is so much nicer to be light and not feel full and lethargic.

Okay, a catch-up from me. It looks like the last time I posted my stats was Nov 20th…

Nov 21 – Nov 25th FD
    Nov 26 – Nov 27th NFD
    Nov 28 FD

Thanks for the supporting words last week, I will get through it all. I think generally I am quite a strong, positive person. We all have our ups and downs.

I have only ever had one migrane… I thought I was dying, it was unbelievably awful.. so huge sympathies JRay.

I wish I was more sporty or active, all of you guys make me feel so lazy and inadequate with your physical pursuits… it is just not me… I walk the dog and that’s about it.

I would like to continue through December please.. Keep strong everyone…

Welcome back Meon!

Walking is the best form of exercise! I do zumba twice a week and a bit of walking on Saturdays. Other than that not a lot. I should do more.

I reckon walking the dog adds to many calories burnt. Sometimes I check the “Health” app on my IPhone. It tells you how many steps you did on any particular day, providing you had a phone with you. Checking it from time to time is quite interesting.

NOVEMBER UPDATED
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Jqgcm2OO8W44Q9z-afDm7bPJTxnbn86FcXvUgKmg8Xw/edit?usp=sharing

Way to go everyone! Please excuse my extended absence as I thoroughly enjoyed my Thanksgiving holiday. I’m very much looking forward to starting with a fresh month. I’ve learned that so much of this is all in the head.

I’m so pleased to see so many who would like to continue together in December.Here is the December spreadsheet.Please let me know if I’ve missed you before I post it to the forum and invite others as well. We will be limited to 12 again.

DECEMBER
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1q1xNaaB6FiX2em93hbx_BJWZh9mnHclCCoTCI4bq8V0/edit?usp=sharing

Day 27 – NFD
    Day 28 – FD
    Day 29 – NFD
    (Sorry, WWFH, looks like my entry for yesterday didn’t show up here.)
    Just moving along. Yesterday was my first FD since last Monday (!) and it was a little harder than usual. But I’m doing okay. Will weigh myself tomorrow. Peace and fortitude to everyone.

Day 28: FD
    Day 29,30: NFD

@j-ray sorry to hear about your migraine, that’s a very good reason not to go for a run πŸ™

Went for a run yesterday, but pulled something in my calf. I’m hoping it heals up quickly so I can get in my other runs this week!

Hi ladies!! I am back after soo many days.. Sorry for being out of here for so long.. been trying to be active and that is seeming to be very tough and time consuming! First here are my FDs and NFDs..

WWFH… my entry for Nov 16 should read FD… sending all my FDs from Nov 16 onwards so that you can mark them, and others are NFDs..

FD – Nov 16, 23, 25, 28

I would also like to join the December group!! Please add me there WWFH.

I have become more active than before (targetting 8k-10k steps daily atleast — see I didn’t do that much also earlier!), and taken up yoga classes 3 days a week.. today was third class and my body is so sore!! I have gained back 2 kgs this week (which I believe is coz of DOMS). Other than that my weight has not progressed down as it should with so many FDs, but maybe it will in a few days.. I am staying positive πŸ™‚

JRay – hope your migraine is gone now!! It can be so bad!!

Its great to see everyone hanging there.

Meon – were you really on fast from Nov 21-25???? Salute!!! πŸ™‚

Well today is the last day of November, I haven’t quite reached my November target of losing 5kg, maybe that was a little optimistic… I have lost 3kg’s though so I am moderately happy with that. Weight isn’t exactly dropping off and I am aware that December is likely to be more challenging. So I guess I would be pleased with a 3kg loss in December too . . which might be attainable up to December 23rd when I am going away for a week . . . and I’m afraid I do plan on enjoying myself and not thinking about my calorie intake!

Last stats for November therefore are Nov 29 & 30th FD
    Target for November lose 3kg.

. . . . where did the year go . . . December!!??

Days 29-30: NFDs.

Meon, three kilos – well done! I would be happy with that!

Agreed on more realistic targets for December. Mine is going to be four pounds (one a week).

Day 30 – NFD.
    Well, the scale is saying 91.4 kgs this morning. Lost about a kg since 11/1, but it’s been slow going. Looks like I only made it halfway to my goal weight of 90.4 kgs. I guess that my yo-yoing, plus Thanksgiving, were stronger than my good efforts this month. Oh well, a kilo is a kilo, and I will persevere. Congratulations to everyone soldiering on here! Let’s see what we can do in December.

Thank you so much, WWFH, for keeping us in line and on track. I know it’s a lot of work and I really appreciate it.

Day 29 & 30 NFD
    Finished November with slower results than I would like in terms of how my clothes feel, so I’ve decided to weigh tomorrow after today’s FD and find out what’s changed since I embarked on this wol in September
    I also plan on increased vigilance on NFD especially leading up to Christmas. I’m reminding myself that Christmas is just one day not one month
    Thanks everyone for the amazing community we have here, all your support is so vital to the process.

Day 29: NFD
    Day 30: FD

I think I have a bit of a occasional binging problem on my NFD – it’s not all the time, but I indulged in some wine and chocolate last night (ice cream plus a couple wrapped Dove’s), and boom, mild migraine back today, after Tuesday (day after fasting) being fine. If anything I think fasting is helping me isolate my triggers.

Was not super productive today but managed a 5K run at the track while the kids played, at pretty much my fastest pace ever. (My migraines are improved by vascoconstrictor/increasing BP/heartrate – exercise/movement helps even though I feel like crawling under my covers). Anyway, I’m super excited that I’m discovering I can run like this on fast days!
    @Meon – down 3kg in one month is faster weight loss than the average women – good job and congratulations!

I’m down total about 3lbs for the month, was down almost 4 and popped up after the thanksgiving weekend. And my occasional nighttime binging, which this is bringing attention to.

@karlanz, I missed responding to your Antarctica travel mention – how very, very exciting! Yes fasting is probably frowned upon there! I’m guessing work brings you there? Can I ask what you do?

@micky42 – yes a kilo is a kilo! Net loss during thanksgiving month is an anomaly, not the norm!

@lany36 – thank you, and you too! Yes we do have an amazing little community here! Thanks for @willworkforhealth for bringing us all together!

Days 28, 29, 30 are NFD.
    Well, it was not very good for me: I actually gain some weight. I guess, my mind is still sabotaging my efforts; and carbs’ addiction is very strong. I will take a break for December. Planning to start all over again in January.

I appreciate the thank yous! And I have to say it right back to you. Thanks for sticking around and keeping me motivated. Look at all our pretty greens! haha

NOVEMBER FINAL UPDATE: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Jqgcm2OO8W44Q9z-afDm7bPJTxnbn86FcXvUgKmg8Xw/edit?usp=sharing

For all those joining…see you on the December thread!

NEW DECEMBER THREAD: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/december-small-group-accountability-challenge/

Managed to lose almost nothing this month (0.5kgs), but given the amount of things I had on, I’m happy to not have put weight on! See you in the Dec group πŸ™‚

@j-ray I’m doing a Postgraduate Certificate of Antarctic Studies over the summer, which includes a trip to the ice. It’s very exciting!

Viewing 46 posts - 201 through 246 (of 246 total)

You must be logged in to reply.