November 2018 Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
November 2018 Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 756 replies, has 62 voices, and was last updated by  steffieagle 5 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 760 total)

• Day 1
    2nd post

@snowflake56 – just listened on the radio to an interview with a wonderful elderly lady, Dorothy Bomh, a street photographer who has an exhibition at the Museum of Childhood just starting now. @beedoo you might enjoy it to especially if you’re thinking of going soon. Below is a link to a recent interview/documentary with her.

https://youtu.be/BoD4Hm9BvEI

Just wanted to share whilst in the moment.

Day 1
    3rd post
    @judyjudes – poor you, not the best start, an enforced FD, hope all’s going to be fine. Take care x

Day 1 Belfast NFD

Last nigh the fireworks locally upset my pup, who ran around demented for about half an hour. ☹️. I finished yesterday munching Halloween treats that the trick or treaters didn’t take. ☹️☹️

So…day one or one day?

Happy birthday @ClaireSuzanne. This is your month! Good luck!
    @beedoo – I didn’t get the memo either. I’ve been waking up at 6.30 since the clocks went back. Not as bad as 4.30 though!
    @judyjudes – hope you feel better soon.

This month’s goal is …
    **settle my weight bang in the middle of my wriggle range
    **belly blasting!

Remember (in the words of fat rabbit)

Thin feels better than anything tastes

Day 1 UK NFD

Thanks to @basyjames for hosting November . I have added my details to the spreadsheet and looking forward to a good month. Lost the plot a bit towards the end of October but somehow managed to end the month 4 pounds/ 1.8 kg down. Feeling re-energised for the November challenge!
    Good luck to everyone today.

Day 1, London, UK, NFD

Thank-you @basyjames for taking over the reins this month, it’ll be a critical one in preparation for Xmas!!!!

A little bit about me – I’m a civil engineer in my mid 40’s working part-time in our head office – my site days are well & truly over!!! Today marks my 2yr anniversary on this WOL (Way of Life) and a total of 41 lbs eradicated. I don’t know any other way apart from ‘slow & steady’, this works, I’ve NEVER felt deprived, I HAVE had chocolate, wine, cake, bread & more wine!!! However, my tastes have changed and although I still have those things the quantities & quality has changed and I find myself making better choices, not because I have to, but because I WANT to, don’t get me wrong ……………. I have eaten fast food on numerous occasions, but the ‘feel good’ factor diminished each time, so I continue with the brain training without guilt or self loathing!!!!

So last month there was this dress I HAD to get into, so I was focussed, determined, booze free and 30-day shredding like a pro!!!! The resulting 6.8lbs down was shocking to me, even though I weigh daily & I live on the plateau 90% of the year!!! So this month, again I’m not setting a target, but I’m sticking to the basics of 5:2, no 4:3 or ADF weeks unless there’s a catastrophic gain!!!! Also, although not booze free, I WILL be mindful of just how fast booze can put the brakes on my weight loss!!!I’ll continue with the exercise and maybe, just maybe I’ll be able to actually do 30 days of the 30 day shred in a row ……………… I did say maybe!!!

Welcome newbies, I’m looking forward to getting to know you all, you won’t regret joining us here, you’ll find some sound advice from our super successful members like @at and @songbirdme who are both ‘maintaining veterans’, I’m aiming to join them in 2019, no hurry, slow and steady like a true member of Club Tor-Twah………………….. we ALL join the tortoise club at some point, DO…. NOT…. PANIC!!!

I feel a FD coming on tomorrow because it’s going to be a busy Friday and the soup & bone broth are in the fridge; easy!!!

Onward & downwards folks & Happy fasting!!

Day 1 Wales FD

Hi friends old and new, love a day one! @basyjames thank you for hosting.

I’m 59 and have struggled with my weight since childhood. In July 2017 I began yet another diet: Michael Mosley’s Blood Sugar Diet on 5:2 and by May 2018 I reached my goal and started to practice maintenance! My weight is now at an all time adult low and I feel confident that this time I can control my weight forever….I just need to continue with 2 FDs of 800 calories on Mondays and Thursdays….simple!! There is something about the discipline of 5:2 and being with this forum that has helped me get my head straight regarding my relationship with food.

@claire-suzanne Happy Birthday! Hope your first day in the new job is going well.

@at Happy Anniversary!

@judyjudes hope you’re OK? Take Care x

Wishing everyone an enjoyable and successful November…..Together we are stronger.

Day 1, UK, NFD

Yesterday was a successful FD, just about! I ended the last month in + which is not ideal, weight this morning 54.5kg. Glad its a new month and a chance to start afresh and improve 🙂

A bit about myself to start with: I am 51 yrs old female, 5.3ft, 54.5kg right now. I was 57kg when I started 5:2 in January, so I am definitely a member of our Club Tortoise. I was around 50kg for most of my adult life but I put on over a stone when I had my thyroid removed, 2 years ago. Trying to get back to the weight I was before, the weight that I feel comfortable with. I don’t mind losing weight slowly, but I tend to have set backs every time I make a good progres, self sabotage I think, but also, inability to control my eating habits on NFDs. Something to work on 🙂

@at Happy wedding Anniversary 🍾

@Claire_Suzanne Happy Birthday! 🎂

@judyjudes I hope it wasn’t anything seious and you are ok now?

Lets stay strong in November people 💪

Day 1 NC USA NFD

Had too much candy last night to have stayed under TDEE. Hope to do better today. Brought a lot of leftover candy to give out at work but since have a 9 year old at home, left some for her to enjoy. Her school gave her a homework assignment for Halloween. Write done the type of number of each candy she got and they are going to make charts of it.

I’ve lost 20k since April. Only another 22 to go so it’s a long haul. It brought it home to me a week ago when we flew to Spain. My baggage allowance was 20k and I went to the limit. In other words my case weighed exactly the same as my present weight loss. Have you ever tried carrying a 20k suitcase for any distance?

I know that 20k was spread over my body but, my legs, ankles and feet have been carrying that suitcase for a few years. What an incentive for losing another full suitcase!

Best of luck everyone. We can do it.

Day 1 (it always feel good to type that) North Canton OH FD
    I just got my blood work result, and I am not happy, my cholesterol shot up to 276, normal is 200 or less. I have to get my LDL down. I adopted LCHF a few months ago and I was curious to see if it would affect my numbers. I have to increase my fiber intake and incorporate flax meal into my diet again, it worked to bring down my cholesterol last time. Fingers crossed

Welcome old friends and new faces

@claire-suzanne happy birthday!
    @judyjudes you can add your current and target weight in the spreadsheet as well as your goals. Some people find the spreadsheet to be a helpful tool for weight loss, some people don’t use it. I fall into the latter category because it’s not very convenient for me.

@shinything I edited the spreadsheet on my phone, and you are right – the weekend dates may be off because I was trying to do it on a teeny tiny screen, I will fix that when I get home and can view on my laptop. Thanks for the cross check!

@flourbaby that was inspiring, thanks for sharing. I also found that I stepped off the plateau and started losing weight again when I went back to basics of 5:2 and stopped my habit of multiple B2B FD.

@badgertastica that’s a powerful visual. It’s a huge incentive.

Day 1 pocket list
    @wacm
    @beedoo
    @cornish-jane
    @dinping
    @daffodil2010
    @judyjudes
    @missybear

Yesterday’s decisions are long gone; today is wide open…what will you choose today?

Hello all Day 1 NFD Northern Ireland

I haven’t gone away, just trying to deal with one of life’s curve balls. I have missed the inspiration found here and one of my goals for November is to make sure I check in here more often. I have neglected these challenges somewhat and I miss the laughs and the empathy of all involved.

Ok so I am going through a bit of a tough time – I’m not the only one to have a tough time and I need to get things into perspective, boo hoo, crying party is over, it is not going to go away so I just need to get on with it. It is my reaction to this tough time that counts. I need to look after me and put me first and not eat my emotions. October for me started out well, took a little wobble, recovered and then I lost the plot. It is when I lose the plot the damage is done and I find it so hard to get on my feet again but get on my feet again I will.
    I have found it so hard lately to have what I deem a good fast day – they start out well but then it goes down hill and then perfectionism rears its head, well you may as well have X Y and Z when really if I kept track it may not have been such a disaster, it could have even been a 800 instead of a 500 or I may have been over my allowance by a little but when I throw the head up and eat all round me – well over by a little becomes a lot – why oh why?

So November I will endeavour to keep track of both Fast days and non fast days and to ditch the toast and marmalade that has become somewhat of a habit this month, if it’s not that, its the dreaded midget gems. How much do I want November to be a success? If it’s to be it’s up to me – no one else!

Thank you @basyjames for taking the lead this month and @debster251 these are for you for hosting October https://kenyastockholm.files.wordpress.com/2009/04/flowers.jpg
    sent with many thanks x

Day 1 – UK – NFD

38th wedding anniversary today!! Going out for a meal with OH tonight to celebrate 🥂Thank you for your good wishes

Started the day with an early aerobics class then straight to cooking for our voluntary Fareshares lunch at the local parish centre – fed 42 people plus the kitchen volunteers x 6 – leek and potato soup – vegetable stew and apple crumble with custard! all from food given by our local shops to stop unnecessary food wastage!

Now back home enjoying a well deserved cup of tea whilst I catch up on here before having a lovely hot shower and a relax – had a small serve of the apple crumble with custard for lunch to break my fast from yesterday (under 800cals FD) and saving my calories for dinner tonight with some 🥂 and 🍷

A little bit about myself for those new to this WOL – I am a 60 y.o. female, married, with a grown up daughter. Height = 163cm/5ft 4in and I started this WOL on my own in January 2016 – joined the challenges in November 2016 as I had plateaued for around 3 months and reached maintenance in early December 2016 and have been in maintenance 53-55kg/116.8-121.2lbs since then!
    Health improvement markers since starting this WOL:-
    1. Total weight loss = 22kg/3st 7lbs
    2. Full of energy!
    3. Mental health changes = sleeping well, waking up feeling good in myself and happy with my life☺
    4. My Asthma is controlled to the extent that I no longer use any inhalers either treatment or preventative!
    5. My blood cholesterol has improved so much that currently it is just above normal range

I am now nearing the end of my 2nd year in maintenance so aiming for November to be controlled and hoping to enter the festive season towards the lower end of my maintenance range ready for some indulgence!

Welcome to @girlie25 @badgertastica
    @judyjudes – you are on the spreadsheet and welcome to your first full challenge month – hope nothing too serious and you get home later today xx
    @claire-suzanne – Happy Birthday to you and good luck with starting your new job today too – hopefully it will be a good omen!
    @basyjames – shame about your blood results but sounds like you have a good plan
    @coda – lovely to hear from you – here’s hoping that November is kind to you 🤗

If I could lose the weight and remain in maintenance then anyone can – The following quote is my personal mantra for this WOL and whenever I stray I remind myself of where I used to be!!
    “IF I QUIT NOW, I WILL SOON BE BACK TO WHERE I STARTED. AND WHEN I STARTED, I WAS DESPERATELY WISHING TO BE WHERE I AM NOW”

Day 1 USA (Illinois) NFD

Greetings one and all, especially newbies. I am one of the “OLDbies” here, in terms of years and time on these challenges. I began with @coda in May 2016 after having been on 5:2 for a 1 1/2 months. It had been working quite well, starting my journey at about 195# (on my way to 200 likely). I lost about 35# by January 2017 and have been on maintenance since then. I LOVE these people on all the challenges since then!

I’m a retired music teacher who is still quite active in community and musical activities. ♫♪♫♪ I travel some to our 4 children in various parts of the USA. Have 5 granddaughters.

@basyjames – thanks again for taking us on. Hope you and your cholesterol levels can become friends again! I do take krill oil daily for mine – it’s helping. MFP always tells me that the majority of my daily calories are fats. I love fat. Almost more than sugar! But do we know if that really effects our cholesterol levels? I think the jury is still out if it is diet or heredity.

@claire-suzanne – “happy birthday to YOU!” Hear me singing? I sing a lot.

My mantra: “Onward and downward!”

Day 1 – Atlanta, GA, USA – FD

Good luck everyone

USA Day 1 WFD

Happy Birthday Claire-Suzanne! Happy 38th wedding anniversary, AT! That’s wonderful! 🙂

In the spirit of a new monthly challenge and a reset, I am beginning this month with a water fast day! I don’t do them too often but I gone so over the rails with eating lately that I felt compelled to begin the month with a bang!

Adding myself to the pocket list@wacm
    @beedoo
    @cornish-jane
    @dinping
    @daffodil2010
    @judyjudes
    @missybear
    @ccco

Onward and downward, everyone! 🙂

@at – forgot to say “Happy Anniversary to YOU both!”

Day 1 Minnesota, USA NFD

Yikes! I ate too much Halloween candy last night. I can’t believe I did that. Started with just a couple snack size Reese’s peanut butter cups, and couldn’t stop before also consuming a few Kit Kats, Hershey bars, etc, and going way over TDEE. I put the rest of it in the freezer and will give to daughter, or make OH take to work. Must get it out of the house!!

@claire-suzanne…Happy Birthday and hope you’re having a good first day on the job.
    @judyjudes…I hope it’s not serious, and you will soon be much better.
    @at…Happy Anniversary! And your story is inspiring, as always.
    @flourbaby…Happy 2nd year anniversary on this WOL. You are also inspiring! I’m going to try “dry till Fri” during November. It can only help.
    @coda…good to hear from you. I’m glad to hear you are going to put your needs and health ahead of others for awhile. You deserve good self-care!
    @basyjames…my cholesterol also went up when I started eating mostly LCHF, to about 240, but since my HDL is a whopping 75 and Triglycerides are quite low, my doctor is totally ok with it because the ratio is good. There really isn’t a family history of heart disease, either. I think it is accepted that LCHF will increase total cholesterol, which is not as important, to some doctors, as the ratio. Still, I expect to reduce my total as I lose more weight. I guess we will see. And thanks again for hosting this month’s challenge!

My goals will be: to lose between 2 lb-4.5 lbs this month by doing 5:2 with two 500-800 cal FDs a week; and a few “under TDEE (1450)” or CFD (1200) days each week as well. “Dry till Fri” each week, except Thanksgiving Day. I’m also going to find a good low calorie soup or stew recipe to try for each week. AND I’m going to use the Marie Kondo method on my clothes and paper clutter. It’s time to clean out the old to make room for the new!

Best of luck to everyone! In the words of Winston Churchill: “Success is not final. Failure is not fatal. It’s the courage to continue that counts.”

Day 1 Ireland NFD

Kids off school this week and we are staying with family now for the weekend so hoping to get back into the swing of things next Monday as lots of bread, stews, potatoes etc in store over the next few days!!

Day 1 UK FD

Thank you @basyjames for hosting November challenge, welcome to newbies and hello old friends 🙂

I’m F54 with adult DD. I put on weight in three chunks over 11 years – longterm health issues caused reduced mobility, stopped smoking and hormone changes. This time last year I felt as tho there was a fat suit between me and the world, and between me and me. Some things can’t be changed and other things can, so I decided to eat my fat suit! I began 5:2 on 1Dec 2017 weighing 178lbs/81kg with initial goal of 140lbs/63kg, since revised to a range of 133-140lb.

I’ve been on a plateau around 145lb/65kg since July, complicated by slow recovery from serious pneumonia & pleurisy 4 months ago. But no longer disheartened since I heard good things about the plateau time, when weight stays the same but shape changes and sizes drop off. As long as we stick to 5:2 our bodies are doing something healing – whether weight, inches or decluttering our insides 🙂

I finished Oct exactly as I finished Sept – with EFS day of fresh seedy oat bread & butter:( Unsurprisingly my weight today was back at 147lbs, a high last seen in June, and I feel seriously puffy again 🙁

Goals for November – daily yoga & meditation, a good sleep routine and plain 5:2 with Monday & Thurs FD. I’d like to get down to 142lbs if I can, it’s a low I’ve touched and within touching distance of my original 140lb goal. But I’m going to make a concerted effort to stick to the basics for 30 days and see what happens – it’s only 30 days, right?! it’s my one year anniversary of this WOL on 1 December, so seems like a good time to focus.

I plan to make time to rest, reflect and write this month, perhaps also see if I can get away on retreat for a few days. It’s been a full-on & hugely eventful few months and I’m in sore need of processing time.

@judyjudes goodness! hope all goes well and you are soon home and well x
    @claire-suzanne – happy birthday! And hope your new job is going well today 🙂
    @at happy wedding anniversary 🙂
    @flourbaby congratulations on your anniversary 🙂

Good luck to everyone taking part in November’s challenge – together we are most definitely stronger 🙂

Day 1: Gloucestershire, UK: NFD
    Still running alongside the wagon, but at least I’m nearby, eh?
    Happy Birthday to @claire-suzanne…hope your day has been super-duper!
    @at: 38 years….very happy anniversary to you both.
    @coda: good to see you. Hold your head up high, you’re among friends here. ((hugs))..

Me? I’m 65, work delivering the mail for my sins. Daren’t retire, as every time I have a day off or, worse, a holiday, I become (as my husband puts it..) an eating machine!! I use food for all sorts of reasons besides nourishment, sad to say. So, even if I don’t manage a FD I will hang around and maybe gain some inspiration.
    After all…two years ago I did it, lost 28 pounds and reached maintenance..only to undo it again.

USA Day 1 WFD
    Second Post

Just checking in to keep on track! So far so good! Haven’t eaten a thing yet! 🙂

Day 1 FD Montana
    I had all the candy yesterday. I am so happy to have a FD Today.
    AT happy anniversary, enjoy your meal out!! claire-suzanne happy happy birthday and first day of your new job. Judyjudes, I hope you are doing ok? I am thinking about you. I do 2 500 calorie days a week. I used to try and not eat until 12, but I found, I have the same results if I eat 3 small meals. Once I hit my goal, I want to try 16:8 on my nonFD but for now, I am just plugging along.

second post
    I forgot to say, Over the past month My DH and I have gutted the playroom and turned it into a workout room!! Today was the grand opening. We got up at 5:15, had coffee, worked out then came into work, we work together. I feel so great. So basically my first step in dealing with the hole being an empty nester. It is exciting to see how my next chapter is shaping up.

Day 1 UK NFD

Hey, please count me in @basyjames & thank you so much for hosting this month’s challenge. 😁

October wasn’t a particularly successful month for me. I was stressed, struggling & nursing a shoulder injury so I spent most of the time sulking & being all woe is me….blah, blah, blah! So I took some time to do abit of self care and I kept up with some gentler exercise and did 3 MFDs (800 cals) per week so the month wasn’t a complete failure. As a result it feels like my mojo is returning. I see a few of us were struggling with this last month. Hopefully this will be our month! 🤞

I intend to catch up on posts tonight and I vow to check in every day to keep me accountable and @beedoo I have Ripped in 30 all ready to go this evening. 💪

Sending everyone positive vibes.

Day 1 – Eastern WA USA – FD

Going for a 48 hour Liquid fast – today & tomorrow ending with a meal in the evening.

Day 1 FD pocket list
    @wacm
    @beedoo
    @cornish-jane
    @dinping
    @daffodil2010
    @judyjudes
    @missybear
    @annemarilyn

Welcome to new friends and “old”! I started this journey in fall of 2016 at 245 lbs. I started quickly and then slowed so more into the tortoise side of things for a while. I have peeked at Onederland a couple of times, most recently yesterday morning at 199.4 lbs. I’m not where I want to be but… I’ve gone from a stuffed size 18 to a comfortable 14 – USA sizing. More recently I’m feeling quite encouraged having gotten rid of pounds from the summer as I packed boxes for moving. I think I was trying to eat as much of the pantry and freezer as I could. I just retired from full-time teaching and am adjusting to part-time Field Experience Supervisor with a local university in my new adopted city. I’m excited about this next chapter of life!

@claire Suzanne – Happy Birthday! and all the best on the first day of your new job!

@cornish-jane – you’ve dispatched a lot of weight! You encourage me! When did you start this journey?

@judyjudes – hopefully you’re doing okay and that it’s nothing serious.

@Daffodill2010 and Debster251 – fireworks on Hallowe’en, interesting. I didn’t hear any here in Washington. Is this a custom in your country?

@missybear – Wonderful – reaching your goal in 10 months! How much did you lose?

@at – Happy Anniversary!

@Murphy58 – great that you and your DH created a workout room as part of your next chapter as empty nesters!

Have a great beginning of November!

Day 1, Finland, FD

Complete with mojo I am on the wagon for November! Starting the month with a short/modified FD, so it probably doesn’t really count, I started fasting at around 4am after my night shift ‘dinner’, will try and go til about 10am tomorrow.

Quick intro…45yr old Australian expat, living in Finland for 14 years. Don’t remember a time in my life where I haven’t been dieting or felt unhappy about my size, which has been anything from a size 12 to current size 20. My aims with this WOL are to obviously lose weight, about 20-25 kg in all, but to also improve my health status. I am a nurse, and I don’t want to be an overweight elderly patient with diabetes and leg ulcers, like the ones that are filling our hospitals. I started this WOL in January this year…I am a ticketed member of Club Tortoise having lost 6kg to date. A loss is a loss….. Despite initially loving the fact this WOL didn’t include calorie counting I LOVE my MFP to keep an eye on how much I really do eat. It is encouraging at the end of the day to see how much you could weigh in 5 weeks!

Goals for this month:
    * -2kg
    * 3 x week yoga
    * 1 x week gym
    * 2 x week jog -> Helsinki finally have a parkrun!
    * be more active on the forum, while I red all the posts I have been to lazy to respond.

@ciren2 you helped me catch the wagon last week…I have your seat ready for you to jump back on!
    @gretta enjoy your wedding in a couple of weeks. Shame we can’t post pics here, would love to see one of you in your dress.
    @at you are one of my big motivators on this forum! You are always so positive, and offer great advice. Thanks for being you, and Happy Anniversary!
    @claire Suzanne Happy Birthday! and hope you had a successful first day at your new job. Hope it is better than expected.
    @badgertastica that 20kg suitcase is ridiculously heavy isn’t it…I don’t want to carry mine around anymore either!

@basyjames thanks for hosting!
    Even though it is late in the day, here is the pocketlist

Day 1 FD pocket list
    @wacm
    @beedoo
    @cornish-jane
    @dinping
    @daffodil2010
    @judyjudes
    @missybear
    @annemarilyn
    @kerryn73

Heres to a great November everyone!

Day 1, Gozo, Malta, cd

@at happy wedding anniversary.

Weight this morning 67.5 kilos

Today ate some cake and spaghetti with meat sauce at my daughter s home.

I cooked fish and bulgur wheat and a blueberry salad.

Pleased count me in for the month of November basyjames.

Good night everyone

Day 1 UK Second post

Coming back to keep accountable and pick up the pocket list 🙂

@coda good to see you back again xx

Day 1 FD pocket list
    @wacm
    @beedoo
    @cornish-jane
    @dingping
    @daffodil2010
    @judyjudes
    @missybear
    @basyjames
    @mishty
    @ccco
    @michelinme
    @murph58
    @annemarilyn
    @kerryn73

Hello. This is my first post. I began today by eating only one meal. I take prednisone and I also take medication for hypothyroidism. I wish everyone well.

Day 2 NFD London UK

Setting off to Venice again shortly. Italy is so hard a place to go. The food is so carbtastic and last year I fell badly off the wagon and had lots of Campari spritzers and red wine. NOBODY stocks AF beer, so it’s a revolting NA bitter drink called Crodino which gives you a blasting headache, or water. Mmmmm. Tasty. Anyway, I’m going to try my best to stay on the wagon, and to swerve as many white carbs as I can. Wish me luck.

Day 1 Massachusetts USA NFD I probably had more calories today than I’ve had in years. But, I’m maintaining my ideal weight on Maintenance. So I went a little wild.
    Problem @basyjames, I get a November file on Sheets, but it has all my October info. Can you post the link to the Spreadsheet again? Thank you so much for hosting!

Emma Taylor, please let me know how you find Venice. We are visiting week after next but have read there has been serious flooding so many tourist venues closed for a time. Fingers crossed. Good luck with the food there. I’m pre diabetic so my carbs have to be restricted.

Still day 1 –

@mogaman – I found that at the bottom of the spreadsheet document there are 2 pages – October and November. I could click on either one. Hope that helps.

Day 1 Ohio, US — FD(#24)

The FD went well, although I was sluggish — probably because of the cool weather with dark clouds and steady rain through the day. (We got more than 1.25 inches/31 mm. In any case here are my new goals for this month:

1)being faithful to the 5:2 WOL
    2)increasing my physical activity, maybe by using a grading system(?)
    3)eating close to my TDEE on NFD’s, with one dinner out a week
    4)curtailing sweets: 6 days/week below 30 gm added sugars, with one real food dessert once a week.

@northerndawn Thanks for the encouragement! I feel a little bit better about things today. I think I’ll read “The Fast Diet” again just to reinforce the ideas of this WOL.

Day 2 – Japan – WFD

Wow it is already Nov! Working on water fast #78 in 2018 …

Day 2 – Melbourne AUS – NFD

Lots of posts to catch up on, but checking in.

The next 3 weeks are going to be rife with obstacles, and I fear a few skipped FD’s (public holiday next tuesday, and silly me organised a work lunch on my usual FD next monday…grrr).

I’m thinking of going for 16:8 on any FD’s I can’t fully fast on, and trying for a CD instead. Realising there would be a few challenges to some of my upcoming FD’s caused a bit of an anxiety spike, but that’s not what this WOL is about, so i’m going to aim for control, moderation, maintenance, and enjoy the next few weeks over the wedding and honeymoon.

Happy friday all! Gretta x

@Mogaman- It took me a while to find it too.
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oHFqnmdzVCzauz5eJOzqQfuHywXgRwErhMyTS3MSHog/edit#gid=710521371
    I love filling out my plan for the month!

Day 3, Cornwall UK, NFD

Yeah its Friday! Fasting done for the week and now I can relax as visitors are gone and social commitments are done for the mo.

I’ve been on this forum exactly a year and shed a lot of weight in that time. Thanks to you lot out there!

@badgertastica – 20kgs is a big achievement – stay here with us to do the rest.

And @annemarilyn – you must feel great dropping under 200lbs. I remember doing that and its a fabulous day.

Going for my weekly weigh-in in a minute. I skipped last week because we had visitors. I don’t want to do it but will force myself as i can’t succeed on self delusion. If I don’t post the results later then you know it was bad!

Day 2 – NFD – UK

I’m home from the hospital but quite unwell. Doing wonders for calorie intake but would prefer to feel better.

2nd Post

I’ve gone to the spreadsheet that’s titled November 2018. However all the tabs are October so havent entered my NFD/FD. Is there anything I’m doing wrong? THank you.

Day 2 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Good FD yesterday and slowly slowly getting back into the 5:2 way. A little half pound loss better than a gain, eh?

However it’s Friday, I gave dinner with the girls tonight, there will be champagne as celebrating something, there will be wine…probably won’t be dessert as all 3 of us are starters and main course type of gals and often don’t bother with dessert! 👍

It’s another gloriously sunny but minus 1C morning, getting out to defrost the car soon. Winter has started to set in…but this is Ireland so rain and wind and temps in the teens forecast for tomorrow 🤔

@annemarilyn Fireworks have only really started for Halloween in the past 10 or so years here where I live. When I was younger there was always a bonfire on Halloween Night and maybe sparklers and bangers…..(fireworks are illegal in the Republic though 😨). I don’t see bonfires anymore. But fireworks have definitely become a tradition now, when the kids have finished trick and treating, the bigger kids and adults set off the fireworks. When I got home on Halloween night there were three separate areas in my small village where fireworks where being set so it was a bit too much.

Have a great Friday everyone 🤗

Hello day 2 in NI 1st fast day of the month.

Pocket list and will hold tightly to any hands doing likewise. Copy and paste and add your name

@matpi
    @dykask waterfast
    @coda

Thanks @michelinme good to be back x

Day 2, UK, FD

I have not planned what I’m going to eat today, never a good idea on FD 😬 .
    Still, I will do my best to make it a good one 🙂

Its so good to see you back and posting @coda , I hope November is a better month for you in every way xx

For everyone with questions about spreadsheet, I moved the Oct and Nov tabs, so Nov should show automatically when you open a spread sheet, try now 🙂

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1oHFqnmdzVCzauz5eJOzqQfuHywXgRwErhMyTS3MSHog/edit#gid=710521371

Have a great day everyone 🌷

Day 2, Emden Germany, FD

ate twice my TDEE yesterday, so B2B it will be to even out.

@coda nice to have you back with us!

@judyjudes I’m glad you’re back home again, hope you will feel better soon.

@dingping if you speak in a low and calm voice you can ease most human beings and animals. Thanks for the information on Dorothy Bohm’s coming exhibition, I wasn’t allowed to hear the interview but found another interview on youtube, interesting and brave woman. A pity I can’t go to London, DH always wants to go and do a bit of shopping there on our wedding anniverary in December. I always say no thanks, don’t want to fly or go through the tunnel. Ferry takes too much time.

@murph58 great idea to change the playroom in a workout room. We also have a workout room, unused atm, becomes more of a clutter room. Plan to workout this month.

@annemarilyn had to look up Onederland, couldn’t find the etymology of the word. Would be interesting to know.

@kerryn73 there seems to be a way to post pictures, some on another forum use imgur. My technical skills are very poor so don’t know how to use it.

Pocket list day 2

@coda
    @dykask WFD
    @shinything
    @snowflake56 1st of B2B

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 2 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

@annemarilyn I’m 30 pounds down 😊

@coda its good to have you here. You were hosting when I began 5:2 back in July 2017 and you gave me the encouragement to stick with it for the month…..and I’m still here, now happily in maintenance. Thank you.

My 2 FDs are done for this week so I’m going to enjoy healthy choices and a little 🍷until next FD on Monday.

Friday fasters stay strong.

Day 2, Finland, NFD

Had a successful FD yesterday, and feel good today. Have done an hour of yoga, had a big bowl of vegies for lunch, and there will be no pizza, our usual Friday dinner, today. Although I don’t know is pesto pasta much better calorie wise. A jog planned with my son later this evening to finish off the day!

Have a great start to the weekend everyone!

Day 2 NC USA FD

The 180’s are nice but I’d like to take a trip to the 70’s. 🙂 Hope this FD day goes good and gets me closer to under that next goal line.

Pocket list day 2

@coda
    @dykask WFD
    @shinything
    @snowflake56 1st of B2B
    @beththenew

Day 2 USA (Illinois) NFD

Managed to stay barely under TDEE yesterday, and hope to do so again today. Have a funeral with luncheon this morning. We’ve decided to be a church lady, you have to be a good cook. Ha ha! (Or they only bring the item to the potluck that they fix well.)

Busy as I can be — hope to catch up with posts soon.

Onward and downward.

Day 2 North Canton OH FD
    @coda hearts and hugs, it’s good to see you again
    @at happy Anniversary!
    @songbirdme the cholesterol question is one I would like an answer to because I really enjoy my current LCHF diet, I feel so good on it, and I love my fats! I really don’t want to give them up. DH and I started this diet at about the same time and I am curious to see if it has had the same effect on his labs. My cholesterol level has always been either slightly above or on the high end of normal, his has always been perfect – so… I plan to reduce the amount of saturated fats (sigh for gouda cheese, my new found love) and up the avocado and olive oils usage.
    @northerndawn thank you for sharing. My HDL is 78 and my Triglycerides are very low, 1/5 normal value, my doc did say that she wasn’t too concerned because the ratios were good. However, she wants a 6 month redraw to make sure it’s not trending up.
    With regards to the spreadsheet: @annemarilyn thanks for helping @mogaman @shinything thanks for moving the spreadsheets around to make it easier for access and also thanks for highlighting the weekends correctly.
    Hopefully, everyone is all set with being able to access the spreadsheet to put their info in. My evenings have been crazy lately with doctors appointments for my eldest daughter and I haven’t been able to get to my to-do list.

Pocket list day 2
    @coda
    @dykask WFD
    @shinything
    @snowflake56 1st of B2B
    @beththenew
    @basyjames

Your choices will either move you towards your goals, or away from them. You have the power.

Hello 2nd post – thank you all for the welcome backs 🙂 My mantra this month is I Must keep focused, I must keep focused! So just logging in to keep accountable. I have the power @basyjames!

So far so good, cup of coffee and a bowl of homemade vegetable soup and a cup of chicken bovril so far with a boiled egg when I get home if I feel like it = 375. Then I’ll put on a pair of boxing gloves and tape my mouth shut lol. Playing squash with OH tonight so while I may not win I still enjoy playing and it’s bound to use up some further calories.

@missybear – I always feel a bit of a fraud, I started these challenges but am still on the road – if there is anything slower than a tortoise I am it lol. Others like yourself have reached your goal and maintaining. I guess it’s my journey and I need to stop comparing and I just guess I have taken the scenic route! Maybe the important bit is I am still here and still trying.

It’s only 8 weeks until we set off to NZ – so I want to really keep that in mind with all the temptations that this time of year brings. I am going to join others in dry November – there I said it. I don’t drink a lot but if I have a glass at home I am always looking for something to nibble like cheese or crisps so if I cut out the drink, I cut out the nibbles.

Pocket list day 2
    @matpi
    @coda
    @dykask WFD
    @shinything
    @snowflake56 1st of B2B
    @beththenew
    @basyjames

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 760 total)

You must be logged in to reply.