November 2017 Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
November 2017 Challenge

This topic contains 1,403 replies, has 122 voices, and was last updated by  Anna6 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,201 through 1,250 (of 1,404 total)

• Day 26 – SW WA USA – NFD

Will be very ready for the FD tomorrow; in fact planning a B2B2B for the last 3 days of the month.

@melanie – definitely praying for you! You know, I learned about 5:2 from a neighbor fighting cancer. He followed a ketogenic diet along with Intermittent Fasting. He was doing very well.

Day 26,nfd, Germany
    Just a quick and late check-in…
    Had a wonderful day with DH in “Badewelt” (Sauna, Wellness, nice food for lunch…). My mum took care of the kids so we could really enjoy the day! Foodwise everything good. Had another piece of my cake for breakfast + my usual muesli, was OK though. Tomorrow I will give the rest of the cake to my colleagues so I don’t have to deal with it any longer. Looking forward to FD tomorrow!
    Couldn’t catch up with postings today, will try to do so tomorrow. Yet I read your post, @melania and can only say RESPEKT on how you dealing with your situation! I will pray for you and wish you all the best and so much strength to kick out this cancer from your body!don’t give up!!!

@melania. Sorry to hear your news. Hope and best wishes sent from me. I wish you the very best.

Day 27 Gold Coast, Aus FD

I’m back! After a week travelling and visiting my mother, I’m back home and back on track. Despite the unsettled nature of eating while travelling, my weight hasn’t suffered too badly, and should be back on the downward slide after another fast day today. November’s target looks out of reach, but should still be less than end of October, so still a win! And who knows……the month is not yet done.

Day 27 country West Australia FD
    had a lovely birthday celebration with family yesterday for my FIL’s 92nd birthday. Stayed with salmon and asparagus salad.
    Luckily the cheesecake had sold out by the time dessert came around so a coffee sufficed.
    @melania I will be praying for you as I certainly believe in the power of prayer ( have seen some amazing results).
    Have a big birthday bash coming up for friends on Sunday. Have known about it for a year and been planning.
    Alas will NOT be as slim as I had hoped to be. Had I stuck with 5:2 as I did when I started on November 1 2016 I would have reached target but somehow things got seriously derailed ( as in not losing weight for a LOOOONNNNGGGGGG time ) in the middle of the year even when I was being very diligent.
    So as is the human condition I started being less diligent and … anyway have ended up with almost as much weight to lose as when I first started.
    Oddly enough many people are now starting to comment on how well I look and also how slim!! ???
    Some clothes are fitting better but I admit I don’t feel quite as comfortable and energetic as 6 or 7 months ago.
    So aiming for a good result by Christmas.
    And as I keep harping on about ( apologies) even though not losing the weight I want to as fast as I would like which gives me the heebies I do like the other associated health benefits.
    @bert1802 I too do try to keep my sink shiny and to wear shoes in the house as per the Fly Lady which actually does make a difference somehow…
    With the decluttering process, I have decided to leave home.
    Well not to ACTUALLY leave home but have decided to look at what I would keep if I had to pay say
    $ 1000 a month to keep it in storage.
    My sister is relocating and she has shifted 7 times already . She tells me that you really know what is vital when you have to keep it in storage for up to a year or more.
    So I am ‘ leaving’ home. It is actually more stressful than I thought , getting rid of ‘ stuff’ that seemed important at the time but which, when I die, the kids will look at and think ‘ why on earth did mum keep this????’
    @dykask, all the best through the stresses of job future etc. Not an ideal time of the year with company restructure but hoping for the best.
    @bert1802, again!. My FB feed sends youtube videos of lots of things. Just lately there has been a series of cakes and desserts which look amazing. I think they are form America as they use Graham Crackers ( not Australian).
    Anyway the desserts I saw today were incredible and looked fantastic BUT the amount of sugar, icing, powdered sugar etc almost made my arteries collapse just looking at them!
    Think I’ll stick with fruit salad for now.
    Just off to macerate the fruit for my Christmas Cake.
    Have a good day all.

@melania — hugs and prayers to you as you battle. It sounds like you are facing the most difficult path ahead with an excellent attitude.

Day 27 – Japan – FD (#9 year 2, 82.4kg)

@melanie – You come across so positive in such a rough situation.

@bigviking – Ophs, I did totally misunderstand. BMI of 22 is great. I’ve been kind of stuck around 26, so I can afford to loss more fat. My excuse has been that I’m trying to build lean body mass, but that only goes so far. However fasting has really helped me build some muscle and strength.

Day 27 – Norway – FD

After my weigh-in on friday, up 2 kg 🙁 … so i had a CD on Saturday and an FD on Sunday, another FD today…how am i gonna hit my goal of seeing 84 now??… 4 days left of November.

**Pocketfasters of today**
    Feel free to add your name if you are fasting with us today:

@camcd
    @lilymartin
    @dykask
    @maayyaa

Day 27 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD
    1st of B2B2B2B

Forgot to post yesterday and there are pages of the forum to catch up on later when I get home from work.

Great night out with the girls on Saturday, quite delicate yesterday so hair of the dog was required. Up 4 pounds this morning but I expected that and am now embarking on 4 days of FD to get me to the end of Novembers challenge. Have not done so many FD’s back to back so it will be interesting. One of them will be a liquid only FD, maybe Thursday, and hopefully land nicely for 1st December.

Right, off to work on this dark morning. 7.40am and still dark 😨

Day 2, UK, FD
    77.1kg this morning and the revised November goal is now clearly in sight. 2nd day of B2B (but still unsure if I’ll be adding anymore 2Bs to that).

Have a grat week everybody. Onwards and downwards!

Day 27 UK FD

Day 27, Newcastle UK, NFD

Condolences @rainbowsmile on the loss of your Father. Prayers for you and @melania as you deal with difficult times. I’m pleased to read of the happy endings for others who have gone through some worrying times recently. @dykask – thinking of you during your current job situation and trust it resolves itself to your satisfaction.

Like @SteveTTD, I’m emerging from two weeks of lurgy and finally feel more normal today. I did manage two days of volunteering last week and will do another tomorrow. Today, inspired by all the talk of FlyLady, I am going to set to on our home and give it a really good pre Christmas clean. Fortunately I’m not a hoarder – in fact I had to go back to a charity shop in floods of tears last year to reclaim two items that I was obviously not ready to part with. Fortunately they were both waiting there for me.

My fast days have not happened since the first week of November – my daily dose of winter porridge was calling. So I’m eating two meals a day – porridge for brunch/lunch and a meal early evening. I seem to be maintaining at whatever weight I’m at and I feel happy about that. Exercise had stopped during my cold but will start again this week. @mogaman – the double cream I’m adding to my porridge seems to be doing a good lubrication job on my digestive system, is keeping me feeling full and seems to have curbed my cravings for cheese! I make my porridge with water and add chopped prunes and apricots and a level teaspoon of raw honey. Then add probably no more than two tablespoons of double cream and a sprinkle of crushed mixed seeds on top. Delicious.

All the best for a good final week to our November challenge.

Day 27, Belgium, FD

Day 24 NFD
    Day 25 FD
    Day 26 NFD

Hello all, I hope you’re all well 🙂 I’ve been following my FDs and still managing under 500cal. I’m not sure how today will go, I’m tired, cold and feeling “off”. It should be an FD but I’ll not beat myself if it doesn’t work out and start again tomorrow 🙂

I’m so surprised it’s already the end of the month, it has flown by and this group has helped a lot! 2 FDs left till the end of the month and then Ill weight myself for the first time. I feel better which is the most important !

Have a good day all x

Day 27 Wales FD

@melania best wishes for a good recovery.

Have a great FD fellow Monday fasters.

@melania, just read your post, good luck for the chemo and the treatments, being in the best of health before treatment is really an advantage!

Will be thinking of you, keep us posted!!

Day 27 Akron OH fast day, first of 5 b2b. I fell off the wagon big time over the thanksgiving weekend.
    I feel bloated and blah but I’m ready to get back in it.
    I haven’t had time to read all the posts I missed and plan to catch up this morning, but @melania I got the general jist and wanted to send you my very best wishes and prayers for the road ahead.

Day 27, South Wales, FD

My sympathies @rainbowsmile on your loss.
    @melania – wishing you all the best with your treatment. We’ll be thinking of you.
    @maayyaa hoping you have a whoosh on the way! Must be water retention right?

@camcd
    @lilymartin
    @dykask
    @maayyaa
    @lynned

Day 27 – Perth, Western Australia – NFD
    My sincere condolences @rainbowsmile on your loss.
    Best wishes and positive thoughts to you, @melania during your treatment.

Day 27……..Florida……..FD

No please say it ain’t so……I don’t want it to be Monday! I had such a nice 4 days off but as with everything, I must go on and be an adult today!

Well, the dragon got me, I’m up a pound from the long weekend. I’m hoping a FD today will take care of that.

@melania…..My prayers are with you during this time.

It’s gonna be a quick morning….so I must be off…..

I do not have ducks 🦆
    I do not have rows!
    I have monkeys 🐒 and they’re running the circus!

2nd post day 27.

I see more people concerned about my company reorg. I’m in a strange spot and would be easy to cast off, but I made my choices. It is what it is. I’m hoping I can hold the job for another 16 months or so. Then I’ll be at a good breaking point since my son will be headed to college and my daughter will just be going into high school. We’ll probably be moving back to the states then.

The fast day hasn’t been bad. Seems like my body is getting back into the fasting grove. I hope everyone else is also doing well!

@camcd
    @lilymartin
    @dykask
    @maayyaa
    @lynned

Day 27 UK FD first of B2B2B2B

a desperate attempt to try and get to the goal for november : -)

lets see

Best wishes for your treatment @melania , Hope you get well soon.

@camcd
    @lilymartin
    @dykask
    @maayyaa
    @lynned
    @aprilsunshine

Day 27, London, UK, FD

@awilson, @at, I know, I know, coke in wine = sacrilege, but as a Dry Winovemberer, I had to limit my intake, still enjoy the evening and stay below the drink-driving limit; so considering the Spanish drink wine like water, without face planting the pavement, I thought I would try a trick from their book!!!

@songbirdme, unfortunately cheap red wine in the UK can be more like vinegar, whereas cheap red wine in Spain is fantastic, the last few holidays I’ve had to Madeira & Tenerife have taught me just what you can get for €1 if it’s local, of course all that taste testing just encouraged a 1 bottle a day holiday habit!!!!

@melania, keeping you in my thoughts and prayers, you’ve given yourself every chance you can of winning this battle!!!!

Glad to see you back @strawberriesandcream, I assumed that rotten virus had knocked you for 6 (yawn….. cricket terminology!!)

Stay strong everyone for this final push to the finish line!!!!

Day27 Belfast FD

The end of November is in sight and I’m a bet off meeting my goal. My weight has been pretty static this month, which if I were maintaining would be great, but I’ve a bit to go yet. So a controlled few days to the end of the month.

@dykask – wise words about the scales. As far as your job’s concerned, here’s hoping that it works out for you.
    @anna6 – Your celebration meal sounds delicious 😋
    @flourbaby – googled your FD wine combination. That’s a new one on me!
    @mogaman – sorry to hear this WOL is not agreeing with you. Hope you get the problem sorted.
    @melania – prayers for strength in your fight and for a speedy recovery.
    @lilymartin – I am just beginning to reassemble my china cabinet etc after decorating, and am being brutal in throwing out things from the past that hold no sentiment. So much so, I might even get rid of the cabinet itself! Here’s to no clutter!

@camcd
    @lilymartin
    @dykask
    @maayyaa
    @lynned
    @debster251

Keep on keeping on.

Day 27 – USA – NFD

@melania, hope all the best for you…please keep us updated. @lilymartin, there are lots of recipes on YouTube re: desserts without sugar. I’ve made quite a few of them and they really hit the spot.

Day 27,Germany, FD
    It is going okish today with my FD. Started out well without breakfast but after lunch was snacking a little… With my planned soup for dinner I should end up with 550 calories I think. I hope I can manage to strong! Find it quite hard at the moment… Had a little wine last night. I think that really makes it harder for me the next day!
    Take care everybody!

Day 27, USA, Missouri Ozarks, FD

Hello all, back from a little getaway – hope those who were celebrating the holiday had a wonderful Thanksgiving. Ours was lovely and both my husband and I were careful to not overdo all the yummy food. We enjoyed but not to the point of gluttony, haha…. Back to eating less sugar which I am sure is the reason I have had a nagging headache the past few days.

Congrats to Prince Harry and the lovely Meghan Markle. We used to watch Suits when it first came on but quickly tired of the premise. I mean, really, if Mike was so brilliant he could have gotten his law degree in the time he spent trying to hide the fact that he was a poser. I am sure the press across the pond will have a field day with the engagement.

Wishing all well. I have a lot to catch up on.

Day 27, FD

Need to reset after 4 days of indulgence!

Day 27 – Massachusetts – FD

I too am hoping to return to normal after the holiday! Do we weigh ourselves on the last day of the November or the first day of December?

Going to be a busy day, so I’m hoping I can keep myself distracted enough to do a LFD only.

There are so many of you that have so much going on in your lives but still manage to remain committed to being healthy and taking care of yourself. When I see your posts, I can’t help but ask, what’s my excuse? You guys are really motivating!

Going to add my name to the pocketfasters for inspiration.

@camcd
    @lilymartin
    @dykask
    @maayyaa
    @lynned
    @aprilsunshine
    @leggit

Day 27, Cornwall UK, FD

@mjrbcd44 – I also struggle with sleep on Fast nights. I have drunk water, not drunk coffee etc and still wake at 4/5am! I wonder if it is Ketones affecting my brain? Or I am a bit psyched-up after fasting and reading/watching stuff to keep me motivated!

Day 27, Gozo, Malta, fd

A Wilson and Debster251 we celebrated yesterday and everyone loved the food. Thank you.

Today is a fd for me but fasting at 800 calories, my husband is joining me too. I weighed today at 66.9 kilos. I’m the maximum of weight this month. I’ve been one and a half kilos less. I’ll see how much weight I lose after three consecutive fds.

Onwards and downwards. Have a great day and night everyone

Day 27 – SW WA USA – FD

Yes, in need of some B2B2B for finishing November. Planning a LFD today and then other variations for the rest. Yes @penz, a reset definitely needed. I wasn’t as controlled as @lindasue and her hubby.

@daffodil2010 – yes the short winter days are quite noticeable where I live as well. I do prefer longer days of light.

@Strawberriesandcream – glad you’re feeling better. I like the sound of your porridge. Doing 16:8 most days, I’m not eating as much breakfast food. I do often still have egg dishes & after your description, I think I’ll add some oatmeal some days as well. Sounds comforting as the temperature gets cooler.

**Pocketfasters of today Day 27**

@camcd
    @lilymartin
    @dykask
    @maayyaa
    @lynned
    @aprilsunshine
    @leggit
    @annemarilyn

Day 27- Colorado – FD

Just hopped off the treadmill. Walked for an hour & a half at a steep incline… To really work my glutes and also to burn off some glycogen stores to speed up my body turning to fat cells for energy. (Loads of interesting reading available on that topic. Been down the rabbit hole of keto web-sites for a couple days. Fascinating stuff. Some of the recipes look amazing too.)

Anyay, today is a much-needed FD after the weekend. Will stick to liquids all day, then LCHF for dinner (staying below 500 calories.)

I’m already so looking forward to my Friday weigh-in to check on my progress. Hopefully good news!
    But this time around I took the sage advice of those ahead of me on this journey & took body measurements & picked out tight skinny jeans for testing. I don’t want the scale (which we all know can lie sometimes!) to be my only yard stick of improvement.

Have had a chance to catch up a bit and want to send my deepest condolences to you and all who loved your father, rainbowsmile.

Also sending prayers and best wishes to you Melanie. You sound like a fighter which is so important in a battle like this. Stay strong !

anna6, Like Bert, I too thought you were talking about possums. I was rushing to crate you up a few dozen that are lounging around our farm.

daffodil, so glad to read that your stepson is doing better. Scary times, I know.

Day 27 USA (Utah, visiting) – NFD

Need to make today a very controlled day. Even though the past couple days have had some indulgences, they weren’t really over TDEE, so good for that. I’m getting in some good exercise here, and that is good.

@flourbaby – I am of the opinion that doing anything with wine is good. I enjoy spritzers, gluewein (hot spiced red wine), and a regular glass of something good. Enjoy yours however you imbibe!

@lindasue – glad to see you back again after a nice time away. Thanks for your review of “Suits.” After reading up about Meghan, I wondered if it was worth going back to find. I will pass on it. 🙂

Onward and downward.

Day 27 FD Oregon USA

Well yesterday was total indulgence. So I am biting the bullet and trying a LFD today with the goal being as close to zero calories as I can go.
    Right now (845AM)it seems very doable… Lol. I will see what 845PM feels like.

Adding my name to the pocket list and hoping you all keep me strong today. 💪

@camcd
    @lilymartin
    @dykask
    @maayyaa
    @lynned
    @aprilsunshine
    @leggit
    @annemarilyn
    @mjrbcd

Good choices and strength to all!

2nd post Melania I’m praying for you and offer mass this evening during my weekly Eucharistic meeting for you. Courage and God bless you.

Day 27 NFD Canada

Had a mixed up weekend. Saturday’s FD went to the wind, I had a huge bowl of pho soup for an early dinner and then a couple of glasses of wine. Yesterday was a NFD and I got busy and just missed breakfast and lunch and had 2 eggs for dinner. So it goes!

@mjrbcd44 I have had a few years of sleeping issues, they seem to come with age. I’ve worked on it by using meditation and have found that being able to calm my mind really helps. Fasting went the sleep out the window again so I have had to really focus on letting go of built up “excitement”. The more you fast the more the body settles down. Definitely focussing on non-fasting topics at the end of the day would help.

@melania I’m so sorry you are facing chemo, will be looking forward to hear from you after you win your battle

I’ve looked into Flylady- it seems’s a little odd. Shinning the sink? But I’m intrigued so will give it a go 🙂

Happy Monday!!!!

3rd post
    I just read your post LindaSue many thanks for the thought.

I believe the poussins are sometimes called Cornish hens.

Day 26. UK NFD

@melania, so sorry to hear your news. Thinking of you and the challenge you face. You sound to be in a positive place and we’re all sending you our virtual support. Wish I could give you a real one but a virtual hug is on it’s way.

Arrived back in the UK on Friday and have very promptly gone down with a cold. 32 hours in planes breathing other peoples germs is no doubt responsible. So have not even attempted to get back on the wagon. @bert, will join up for December and hope to at least get a few FDs in before Christmas.

Day 27 – McMinnville Oregon USA – FD
    I need a FD today but don’t think I will attempt liquids only. I need to have a big whoosh before the end of the month. 🤨

@melania – I’m so sorry to hear about your cancer, you are in my thoughts and prayers. I’m glad you are following the 5:2 and feeling your best!!
    @mjrbcd44 – We can do this!!
    @Strawberriesandcream – Your porridge with cream sounds delish!!

@camcd
    @lilymartin
    @dykask
    @maayyaa
    @lynned
    @aprilsunshine
    @leggit
    @annemarilyn
    @mjrbcd
    @awilson

Day 27 Newcastle UK 🇬🇧 FD
    A little late posting but busy busy day
    @stevetoontaxidriver
    @camcd
    @lilymartin
    @dykask
    @maayyaa
    @lynned
    @aprilsunshine
    @leggit
    @annemarilyn
    @mjrbcd
    @awilson

@leggit I normally post my end of the month weight on the 1st of next month. That way I get paid for what I do on the last day. And also, there is no gap between where I finish one month and start the next.

@melania you may already have seen this, but if not – here is a report of studies from the University of Southern California on fasting, cancer and chemotherapy

https://news.usc.edu/103972/fasting-like-diet-turns-the-immune-system-against-cancer/

Striking a cautionary note, the research on benefits of fasting was in mice and therefore not necessarily transferable to humans, but the human study suggests that fasting was safe and feasible during treatment. I thought it might be of interest.

I may be the last person on this forum to finally watch the video that was the birth of the 5:2 eating plan. Michael Mosley’s BBC documentary – Eat, Fast, and Live Longer. Fascinating – the part that amazed me most was seeing the actual growth of the brain neurons in the fasting mice – hopefully leading to beneficial research into dementia and Alzheimer’s down the road.

Day 27 post #2

@cornish_jane,@bellyblast
    I have had sleep issues over the past few years too with hormone issues from menopause but this was different.

Am going to try to take some magnesium tonight and see if that helps. 😊

Had a four mile walk today so that felt nice and getting some bonus calorie burn while fasting.
    @lindasue I haven’t watched that yet but just may try to find for today.

2nd post, Germany NFD
    Sh…..!! I know I shouldn’t beat up myself but I really feel horrible right now! Had an extreme binge on my son’s Christmas afternoon party in his class. So embarrassing!! Actually this should have been a FD! It started with sushi that a Japanese family brought to the party and ended with loads of sugar, cake………
    I learned once more that I just CAN’T DEAL WITH SUGAR! It’s like I am trying again and again to walk through walls even though I know I can’t do it. No more sugar for me!!! Tomorrow FD! I am quite disappointed, cause Friday is coming up quickly and I don’t want to know my weight right now…

Thank you for your kindness especially and condolences.

I am grieving, it’s enough to stay below TDEE and the occasional CFD. Anything else is too much.

@melania cancer is so tough a journey, my prayers are with you. Sending you rainbow strength.

Mari

Day 27 – USA – NFD

Second post – @miraclelou and anyone else that is struggling with sugar cravings, it may be helpful to think of substituting instead of omitting entirely the sugary things you love. There are lots of alternative sugars you can use that will not spike your insulin which leads to more cravings: xylitol, erythritol, organic stevia to name a few. Anything with -ose at the end (dextrose, sucralose, etc.) is not a good substitute. See the lectures on YouTube with Dr. Eric Berg, Dr. Jason Fung, Dr. Stephen Finney.

Day 28 Gold Coast, Aus CD

I had a great FD yesterday. I don’t think I’ll be able to do completely liquid FDs any more, as I am now on tablets which must be taken after food. Yesterday I had half an apple before my tablet – I hope that’s enough. That will still bring me well under 500 calories (allowing 200 or so for tea and coffee with milk), and it still felt like the ease of a LFD. I’m happy with progress this month, although I may not hit target (I was being a bit optimistic anyway). Wishing everyone a great Day 28.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,201 through 1,250 (of 1,404 total)

You must be logged in to reply.