November 2017 Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
November 2017 Challenge

This topic contains 1,403 replies, has 122 voices, and was last updated by  Anna6 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,251 through 1,300 (of 1,404 total)

• Day 28 – Perth, Western Australia – NFD

Day 27 – Cumbria UK – FD

Another wet and cold day here – did an hour Pilates class this afternoon then a 1.5hr Yoga class this evening – feeling strong and focused!

Yesterday did not end up being a controlled day as planned 😞 but I enjoyed myself so no guilt – today is another day and I’ll be under 500cals consumed for this FD

@mogaman – sorry to hear your digestive system is misbehaving – 2 years on this WOL and I have never had the same problem – however I have read somewhere that “Many IF PR practitioners experience diarrhea after fasting. But how severe it is depends on how long the fast was. Longer fasting duration causes explosive diarrhea. This is caused by high fluid intake – drinking a lot of coffee and water”
    here is the link – https://www.curejoy.com/content/side-effects-of-intermittent-fasting/

@melania – sad to read your post – sending positive vibes your way for your chemotherapy and hoping for a good outcome for you – You might find the following links useful to read:-
    https://www.canceractive.com/cancer-active-page-link.aspx?n=3408
    https://thetruthaboutcancer.com › Cancer Treatments
    https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/27557543

@miraclelou – just leave today behind – it’s done, you can’t undo it so don’t waste your time, emotions or energy on it – tomorrow is another day – move forward ……
    @lindasue – hello – nice to “see” you again – that was one of the reasons why I started this WOL – I saw the health benefits as the main reason and the weight loss was a happy side effect!

Even though it’s nearing the end of the day here I’m adding myself to the **Pocketfasters of today Day 27**
    Feel free to add your name if you are fasting with us today:
    @camcd
    @lilymartin
    @dykask
    @maayyaa
    @lynned
    @aprilsunshine
    @leggit
    @annemarilyn
    @mjrbcd
    @awilson
    @steve-toon-taxi-driver
    @at

“Don’t cry over the past, it’s gone. Don’t stress about the future, it hasn’t arrived. Live in the present and make it beautiful.”

Day 27 California FD

It’s kind of a relief to be fasting today after all the Thanksgiving leftovers. Time for eating to get back to normal!

@melania, I’m so sorry to hear that you are going to have to undergo chemo in the coming months. You’ll be starting at a healthy weight which is a big plus. I have family members who are long term cancer survivors and remember what it was like having to go through that with them many years ago. They are fine now, but it was a scary time back then. I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers and hope you’ll stop in here when you feel like it because a lot of us will be thinking about you and wishing you success in your battle. LynneD already posted this link, but I’m going to post it again, just to make sure you see it. https://news.usc.edu/103972/fasting-like-diet-turns-the-immune-system-against-cancer/

Here’s our pocket list of fosters for today:

@steve-toon-taxi-driver
    @camcd
    @lilymartin
    @dykask
    @maayyaa
    @lynned
    @aprilsunshine
    @leggit
    @annemarilyn
    @mjrbcd
    @awilson
    @at
    @califdreamer

Day 27 UK NFD

The end of my second week and thrilled to report another pound off. More importantly I feel fantastic and soooo positive. The end of a NFD for me… I’ve had a beautiful day shopping with my niece with food treats along the way…. However, unlike other diets I just enjoyed my day knowing that later in the week I’ll be fasting.

I won’t reach my November goal but feel very good for the future. Bring it on!!

Day 27- Colorado- FD. (2nd post)

Ended up walking/ hill hiking just over 6 + miles today (10 K.). Can’t recall last time I could do that!
    Surely, I’ll sleep well tonight. 😴 💤

Completed a solid FD. Feeling good.
    And, OH didn’t grumble once. I can’t eat pizza because of the wheat/ gluten, so he happily indulged tonight while I sipped homemade bone broth. Compliments of the Thanksgiving Turkey carcass.

My medical leave is up; I return to work tomorrow! My LCHF lunch & gym clothes are already packed. Fingers crossed I remember my locker code & all my passwords. 😄

Day 27 (just) – 🇬🇧- FD

Soooooo busy = successful FD, onto another tomorrow to make up for last week!

Thoughts with those facing tough times….

Day 28 NFD country West Australia
    Had a very good under 500 calorie FD yesterday. It feels SSOOOOO good.
    Got a bit hungry last night but went to choir to practise Christmas Carols for our Carol Service and sang out the hunger!

Day 28 – Japan – NFD 80.7kg

It was nice to have a good fast day. Almost 40 hours before eating. It nice to see others like lilymartin had a good day too.

Cheering of the people still in the pocket!

@steve-toon-taxi-driver
    @camcd
    @lilymartin
    @dykask
    @maayyaa
    @lynned
    @aprilsunshine
    @leggit
    @annemarilyn
    @mjrbcd
    @awilson
    @at
    @califdreamer

Day 27 Sarasota, Florida NFD @at Today I’m finally sorted. The tsp of Metamucil each morning is doing the trick. It’s great to be myself again. Can’t believe this month is ending. I need to get to the YMCA to weigh in on Thursday.

Day 28 – UAE – NFD
    Day 27 – UAE – FD
    Day 26 – UAE – NFD
    Day 25 – UAE – NFD
    Day 24 – UAE – NFD (Weigh in 78.8kg lost 0.1kg)
    Day 23 – UAE – FD
    Day 22 – UAE – NFD
    Day 21 – UAE – NFD
    Day 20 – UAE – FD
    Day 19 – UAE – NFD
    Day 18 – UAE – NFD
    Day 17 – UAE – NFD (Weigh in 78.9kg gained 0.8kg)
    Day 16 – UAE – FD
    Day 15 – UAE – NFD
    Day 14 – UAE – NFD
    Day 13 – UAE – FD
    Day 12 – UAE – NFD
    Day 11 – UAE – NFD
    Day 10 – UAE – NFD (Weigh in 78.1kg lost 0.7kg)
    Day 9 – UAE – FD
    Day 8 – UAE – NFD
    Day 7 – UAE – NFD
    Day 7 – UAE – NFD
    Day 6 – UAE – NFD
    Day 6 – UAE – FD
    Day 5 – UAE – NFD
    Day 4 – UAE – FD
    Day 3 – UAE – FD
    Day 2 – UAE – FD
    Day 1 – UAE – NFD (Weigh in 78.8kg)

hello everyone, Apologies that I have not posted at all this month. I have been extremely busy with work ..

I did not get a chance to read any post this month so I hope everyone is doing well and I have not given up on fasting though, it is becoming a second nature but apologies for dumping all my fasting log at once at the end of the month. I may get some time the last couple days of the month to catch up with some of the post…

Day 28 NZ FD Do far so good. Can’t believe November is almost over. Going to try 16:8 on my NFD.

Day 28,Germany, FD!!!
    RESET! Definitely FD today after yesterday’s bingeing! Wrote down exactly what I will eat. And I will take a nap after work.
    @at @metatauta thank you!

Day 28, CD, Norway

Good morning, woke up to a good number today. I shouldn’t have been so sad about gaining almost 2kg,,,I had been out eating Tuesday, Thursday and Friday…so only myself to blame 
    BUT, I hit the reset on Saturday, Sunday and Monday, with hardly any problems (except for the freezing periods…it’s really cold to fast!! Anyone else has this?)
    @LynnD – I had a whoosh  Down to the lowest “ever” today. So my goal for November is finally in hand, although still need to “maintain” it until Friday weigh in, therefor CD’s today and Wednesday, and FD on Thursday. Weigh-in Friday morning. I’m excited!!

@rainbowsmile – so sorry for your loss . Hang in there.
    @melania – Best wishes for you during this treatment time.
    @dykask – Really hope the job situation works out great for you and your family.

Day 28 UK NFD

Day 28 – Ireland 🇮🇪 -FD

Supposed to be 2nd of B2B X 4, but slightly off piste last night. But it will be a good FD with only 3 days to go.

It’s so darn COLD…@Maayyaa I think we are getting the same freezing polar air that I would imagine you guys get a lot of. Brrrrrr. And because I have lost 25lbs my body is feeling the cold more than ever. I am a cold creature anyway, would happily work in the Glasshouse at 30c…….but right now with wind chill it’s so cold. Soup all the way.
    Oh, and super congrats for reaching Nov goal

I have a way to go, I don’t think I will meet the goal. I have managed every other goal since starting in August, but I am slowing down and Nov is more of a plateau.
    3 more days of strict FD and official weigh in Friday morning.

Let’s do this people 👍

Day 28, Newcastle UK, NFD

So yesterday was a great day. I swished, swiped and shone until I could swish, swipe and shine no more. Really enjoyed myself and OH was very impressed. His caveat being “we’ll see how long this will last”. Whilst I am definitely not a hoarder, I still managed to gather another car boot’s worth of items for the charity shop. My mantra there is ‘if I need it in the future I can buy a new one’. However, as my feet hit the cold floorboards at 6am this morning, I realised that binning my slippers was probably a step too far. Am I really going to get dressed to shoes before my first cup of tea. Highly unlikely! My thick welly socks are just not up to the job. Santa Claus had better bring me some new slippers. Never mind. It was all worth it when I came down to my shiny sink. OH was also motivated to mend the dripping tap and it worked. Yay for FLY Lady….

Best wishes as you return to work @happymargo – onwards and upwards. And downwards of course.
    @taraga – not sure if you are on maintenance but good job if you are – very impressive.
    Thanks @flourbaby – it sure did! @saffy420 – best wishes as you fight your cold. Plenty of Vitamin C and Zinc, hot water, lemon, honey and whisky.
    @melania – If it’s of help, I found visualisation a strong tool when I underwent my chemo treatment. I visualised it as an army of soldiers setting to on the bad guys. I’m sure you have lots of people supporting you, but if you ever need another friend to talk to – just contact JJ our lovely techy and get him to put us in touch via email.

Yesterday on my Facebook, an article popped up about Magnesium deficiency. I was pretty shocked at how widespread a problem this is. Certainly when I read out the list of symptoms to OH, he was able to tick just about every one. I know from this forum that Magnesium can help with sleep problems. Now I’m more aware of just how important it is, I’m going to Holland & Barrett for some advice and supplements.

Finally, fantastic news about Harry & Meghan. Everyone is delighted over here and it’s lovely to be able to wake up to happy news on TV for once.

Off for the last day of volunteering on Operation Christmas Child. It’s the first year I’ve done this and will not be the last. People’s generosity is humbling and helps to put the world’s problems in perspective. If only the media reported more of the good stuff that goes on.

All the best everyone.

Day 28, UK, NFD
    A new low of 76.1kg. Over the last few days my body has finally given up on carting the spare water around. Whoosh!! So that’s my revised November goal met and I am in my maintenance zone (75-77kg) for the first time since the late 80s. I’ll have a little rest today, and then hit another B2B before the end of the month.

And then on Friday there will be wine 🍷🥂 But having lost 30+ kg since March 20, I dare say I will be a cheap date for the wife! 😂

Day 28 Newcastle UK 🇬🇧 NFD.

Day 28 Wales NFD

@bigviking – CONGRATULATIONS!!! Cheers to happy and successful maintenance.

Day 28, London, UK, FD

Feeling positive today as things are moving in the right direction, it’s a good ‘U’ turn!!!

@mjrbcd44, how did the 0cal day go? I’ve only ever done 1 or 2 LFDs coming in at around 100cals. I think I would have to stay in bed to do 0cals!!! Regarding sleep issues, I’ve used magnesium oil as a deodorant for a couple of years now, and also I spritz it on the soles of my feet (apparently bigger pores so better absorption – who knew??) before bed and I wake up in the exact position I fell asleep in, refreshed & wide awake, I think there are additional benefits to transdermal absorption rather than tablets. Have a look at the benefits of magnesium oil, it really is a ‘miracle oil’ – I buy the flakes and make my own to the recipe below,

https://wellnessmama.com/5804/make-your-own-magnesium-oil/

@maayyaa, congrats on the ‘lowest ever’ it’s a great feeling!!!! Some people think a binge encourages a whoosh!!! I’ve experienced this accidentally, I definitely couldn’t plan for it as that seems like a slippery slope towards an eating disorder!!!!!!

@bigviking, congrats on getting into the maintenance zone……………… do NOT let the December vino (& other excesses!!) derail you!!!! Lightweight in more ways than one!!!!!

Onward & downwards people!!!!!!

Day 28 Belfast CD
    Hovering at my lowest but can’t seem to shift the scales. I’ll have another FD tomorrow.

@Strawberriesandcream – porridge with blueberries was my staple when I ate breakfast, but I haven’t had it for a while. Your post reminded me to revisit that food option. So delicious.
    @lindasue your critique of Suits was spot on! Like all series, it seemed to go on forever. However, Harry and Meghan came over very well and I wish them well.
    @miraclelou – we’ve all been there and got the T shirt. Don’t beat yourself up, just start over again tomorrow. No shame.
    @maayyaa – congratulations on your ‘whoosh’. Isn’t that low weight just great!

This forum has been responsible for so many positive things in my life and now another….
    After decorating I have a pristine living/dining room, cupboards cleared and after Pilates today, I’m off to do my bedroom.

I didn’t come this far to only come this far.

Day 28, Belfast, FD

Was out of action from last Wednesday evening…came down with the winter bug. Yuk! In bed for two days and then slowly got back to normal over the weekend. I didn’t eat too much at all but wasn’t counting kcals.
    Only 3 full days left of this month. Crazy!
    Hope everyone is well…I’ve started a pocket list for today

*****DAY 28 POCKET LIST****
    **If you want to join just copy, paste and add your name**

@pamie
    @miraclelou
    @daffodil2010
    @flourbaby
    @belfastsink

Good luck!!

Day 28, South Wales, NFD/16:8

@bigviking – many congratulations on getting to maintenance!
    @maayyaa – glad that whoosh happened for you and congrats on the new low.
    @flourbaby – congrats on your U turn too!

It’s interesting seeing others comment here about weight loss slowing down a bit as they get closer to goal. I’m definitely seeing that and working on strategies to try to get to my maintenance goal asap. It’s only about 9lb (4kg) away, but it’s taking a while to shift!!

Good luck all you fasters today.

Day 28……Florida……CD

Yesterday’s FD went pretty well, I was at about 800 calories…. would have been better but…..
    We live on a dead end, with a swampy pond behind us, well anyways, the OS wakes us up telling us that there is tons of cops, a fire truck in front of our house. Get up,realize it’s in our neighbors house. While being nosy neighbors, my OH makes toast. Well, it toast made from salt rising bread, a staple from their trip home that we don’t get very often….. then I shared some chocolate peanut butter wafers with him…. took me to about 800 calories…..
    still not sure what happened last night, but they did pull a car from the backside of the neighbors house. Could have been kids goofing around getting stuck or a older driver losing their way….. I’m praying nothing worse.

If I get home early enough maybe I’ll talk to the neighbor find out the story.

@bellyblast……. when I first read flylady….. I did think she was a bit nuts but I can tell you all her craziness works!

@strawberriesincream…… I managed to take 9 truck loads to charity, 2 large garbage pick ups, 1 box and a garbage bag of toys to a friends little one. At first, I thought I’d miss something but it’s been well over a month….. nothing missed yet….

Well….. it seems as if time is running a race and it’s going faster than I want it to….

I do not have ducks 🦆
    I do not have rows!
    I have monkeys 🐒 and they’re running the circus!

Day 28 – Colorado – FD or OMAD?

Up bright & early for my first day back to work since my bowel resection surgery… or I guess it’s actually “dark & early” at 4:15am.
    Had a great night’s sleep. Think all my exercise yesterday helped with that.

My FD yesterday also went quite well. Feels wonderful to be back in the swing of it. And nary a single grumble from OH. We sat together for dinner. He had his beloved pepperoni sausage pizza (it smelled amazing!), while I enjoyed broth plus a few nibbles of brie cheese & dill pickle spear.

Aiming to wait till dinner to eat today. So either this will end up OMAD or a B2B FD, depending on the total calories, I suppose. Must rush now to shower & prep for work. Can’t be late my first day back!!

UK FD 2nd of B2B2B2B

Congratulations every one who has already completed their Nov challenge and good luck to those who like me is going strong towards it …

Today for me is 2nd of my big push this week to get closer to my nov goal. I guess I was way too ambitious with my Nov goal, before knowing if my body and mind will follow thru.

Guess I haven’t done this WOl for a few years and u cant undo your wrong doings that quick.

Any ways I am still glad I am creeping up , will set a more realistic target for dec . 🙂

A bit too late for nov , but had a question.

When you all do your FD how do you plan it? If I am fasting on a monday , I start it after my sunday meal, then I count my fast day for the next 24 hrs .

I got a bit confused the other day , if people wait till the tuesday morning to finish that fast . To me a fast day was always 24 hrs.. If I am making any sense at all …
    So if it was a back to back then I will start the next one from Monday night .. That right ?

@pamie
    @miraclelou
    @daffodil2010
    @flourbaby
    @belfastsink
    @aprilsunshine

Good luck!!

Day 28 – Iceland – FD

Yesterday’s FD went out of the window, so second try today 🙂

@pamie

@miraclelou

@daffodil2010

@flourbaby

@belfastsink
    @borealis

Day 28 – USA – NFD

@belfastsink, hope you’re feeling better; @happymargo, how did your first day back at work go? @bigviking, congrats on maintenance and be careful! @maayyaa, congrats on your whoosh!

Day 28 – Massachusetts – FD

Yesterday’s LFD was actually not that bad. Do the gin and tonics count? 😉 Just kidding. Some friends of mine were celebrating but I did not partake! I think I came in total of 5 calories due to some broth I had. I felt terribly cold all day though.

Today I don’t anticipate I’ll be able to keep that up, so a normal FD aiming for 500 calories will do. Hoping for a end of the month whoosh too!

@aprilsunshine – I’m a bit of a noob, but if you fast Monday (starting after Sunday meal) I thought it ended Tuesday morning. There is an FAQ for newbies https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/. I’ve looked at it a lot.

Day 28 Akron OH 2nd FD in a row.

I am feeling a little blue today, there is so much casual cruelty in the world that it is nice to have a warm, encouraging place to visit and that is why this forum is so important to me.

@bigviking congratulations!!!! I bet you feel like a million bucks and then some, enjoy your date with your wife, and have a glass on my behalf to celebrate – you have earned it.

@happymargo warm hugs as you return to work, I hope you have an awesome first day back. Do not allow yourself to get overwhelmed. Remember your workload is not going anywhere, and it will all get done eventually 🙂

@strawberriesandcream I could not stop smiling watching Harry & Meghan yesterday, you can tell that they truly care about each other. I wish them the very best and hope they will always look at each other the way they did yesterday.

@rainbowsmile we are all rooting for you, I am so sorry for your loss.

@califdreamer I am with you, it felt so good to fast again after the holidays. I am so thankful for this WOL. Before I stumbled on IF, once I fell into a poor eating pattern, I found it very difficult to stop even while feeling bloated and miserable. IF gives me chance to reset my eating habits and I can’t even begin to share what a relief it is to find something that works. My mom gave me some of her famous pound cake yesterday, I accepted it – and passed it along to DH, which is unheard of! I was not even tempted to break my fast.

It usually takes me a few days to “detox” after an epic face stuffing event; it takes about three days to feel light, lean and energized. I was trying to figure out a good maintenance plan for myself and I think I have stumbled upon it; it’s very simple really – listening to my body and eating only when I am truly hungry not because “I should”. If it takes three days to get there; well then… it is what it is.

@leggitt I still feel really cold on my FD, ten months later. I have complied a bunch of layers to compensate.

Be kind to yourself and others; and keep fighting the good fight – it’s worth it 

Day 28, US, NFD

Yesterday’s FD went well. Like @happymargo said, it’s good to be back in the swing of it!

I’m with leggit, @aprilsunshine, that a FD is really more like 36 hours, than 24. The reason is this: if you have breakfast and lunch on Sunday (reaching your TDEE), then noting until Monday night when you have a normal dinner, your dinner may also be at your TDEE. So yuo’ve really not reduced any calories over that period. So cease eating after dinner on Sunday night, fast all day Monday, (either liquid only, or up to 500 calories), then break that fast Tuesday morning. Good luck!

And what a fantastic achievement @bigviking! (SmallerViking?) Do tell us how good that first glass of wine tastes like.

Day 28 USA (Utah visiting) – NFD

How I adore our international group. We can all appreciate the Harry & Meghan engagement in our own way as well as Operaion Christmas Child ( @strawberriesandcream ) that I thought was only American. It is just so interesting and fun to me.

Doing well, getting my exercise, eating pretty smartly, while helping take care of granddaughters. Tonight supper will be an Italian stew that is very low carb. To satisfy the kids, I will add garlic cheese bread. 🧀 is always appropriate.

When we’re fasting, our bodies don’t have energy to keep as warm as we normally do. I’ve just gotten used to it. Also we have lower heart rate on FD’s – just discovered that recently.

Onward and downward.

Hello @penz and @leggit, thank you for the advice , Yeah On the days I fast i do try and stay with in 500 calories, as I just have one meal in the evening and the rest of the day on water, coffee and tea.

So guess tho I am following a similar pattern to you, I never thought it that way. I guess you are making sense. Because I am eating solid as opposed to LFD for my dinner, I assumed it finishes there.

Thank you ever so much for clearing that up . Will follow the link

🙂

Second post.
    @belfastsink -Glad you’re feeling better. Was a bit under the weather on Sunday myself. I guess it’s that time of year.
    @bigviking – many congratulations on that goal, and enjoy every moment of your date!
    @bert – I bet you couldn’t wait to get home to see what had happened! BTW that’s some clearing out. I’m impressed!
    @aprilsunshine – I fast on a Monday, so I eat my evening meal on Sunday, then don’t eat till around 12 or 1pm on Mon. Then I have a bowl of broth or homemade soup of some sorts which usually comes in around 100/120 cals. I eat my evening meal which is a 2 egg omelette or salmon with a light salad or veggies around 5-6pm. After that I don’t eat till Tuesday at lunchtime. I’m very much a creature of habit. That way I know exactly where I am. Hope that helps.
    @happymargo – I’m sure you’re glad to get back to work, although perhaps the v.early dark start. Take it easy and don’t do too much on your first day.
    @LynnD – I reckon about another 10lbs will do me, but they’re sure hard to budge. We can do this!
    @leggit – when you find a calorie free G & T let me know! Do you have low cal tonic? We have travelled in Canada, NZ, and couldn’t find it. It certainly takes the sting out of a little pleasure!

Onwards and downwards!

Day 28 NFD Oregon USA

Really can’t believe it’s the almost the end of the month…time really has flown and this forum has been invaluable in helping me keep on track.

@bigviking–so many congratulations! What a fantastic accomplishment. Enjoy your very well-deserved vino and date.

@flourbaby thanks first for the excellent information on magnesium oil. I had no idea you could apply it transdermally but will definitely look into it. So many things can be beneficial applying it to skin and also had no idea about the feet! As for my “as close to 0 calories as I can” day. It turned into 350 but for me that was a success as my FD’s have hovered between 500-600. I also walked 4 miles so it was a “net zero”. 🙂 Also “cheated” and stepped on the scale this morning and zero gain from my Sunday night indulgences so was pleased with that. Don’t know if I’ll hit my Nov. goal but am feeling good with my progress.

@songbirdme Could not agree with you more about enjoying the international news and being able to smile together as well as huddle together when the news is less cheery.

@HappyMargo–hope your first day back is fun and not stressful.

@awilson, @MarilynAnne and @woods_woman hope you are all staying dry and warm in the PNW November. Do any of you suffer from SADD? I am afraid I do a bit and trying to brace myself and figure out a new strategy to feel better during the loooonnng winter.

@basyjames Great words of wisdom and agree with you that finding this WOL was really a relief in so many ways and provides an immediate reset button that feels really good.

On that note, like many others yesterday’s FD was really a welcome day and I felt really good all day (cold but good) and even this morning have not woken up feeling the need to eat right away. Will hold out as many hours as I can today. Company Holiday party this evening and a girls night tomorrow night so trying to be proactive to offset. It’s amazing to me that somewhere my mind wanted to equate “happiness” to that horrible stuffed feeling I have after a binge. Shifting that “happiness” to not eating would have seemed counterintuitive to me before but I can feel it starting to happen. 😊

Good choices and strength to all.

2nd post, (catching up on the rest this evening)

@aprilsunshine, the simple way I look at it is that I have a Fast ‘Day’ say a Tues’day’, then whenever I finish eating on the Monday makes no difference as I only consume 500cals on Tuesday, which is 24hrs………………. but…………………… because I practice 16:8 or OMAD, my fasting window could be from 7:30pm Monday evening to 11:30 on Wednesday morning (16:8) with only 500cals consumed in between on Tuesday, making it a 40hr fast (the 0 to 500cal count as part of the fast) and if I’m doing OMAD (one meal a day) then that window opens up to become a 47hr fast Mon7:30pm – Wed 6:30pm…………………. I know, clear as mud!!!!!!

Day28 NFD Dublin Ireland. Happy days here. Have broken into the 130s. Down from 147lbs at start of Oct to 138.6 this morning. So happy. Hope you’re all doing well. I plan to sit this eve and catch up on all of your posts. So great to have the group support

Day 29 Gold Coast CD

I seemed to be eating all day yesterday, but mostly salads. It was really hot and humid here, so I probably needed more water – I struggle to remember to drink enough here as it is so humid, unlike where I spent most of my life which was a dry heat and I always drank lots of water. So I was pleased the scales were only a bit up – planning for a good CD today.

@bigviking – congratulations! My goal is to get back to my 70’s weight, so I’m very happy for you. I’ll be interested to know how maintenance goes for you.

@onedayordayone – well done! That’s a fantastic achievement.

Day 28 – SW WA USA – FD

Had a good LFD yesterday. Today I’m having some food but trying to keep it within FD limits. Just enjoying a pear & a little cheese on my lunch break. Planning on a 2 egg scramble with lots of veggies for the evening meal.

@mjrbcd44 – the grey, rainy days are not my favorite. One thing I do to help, is mark an “S” on the calendar every day the sun even peaks out. Then I can look back over the month and say, Wow I did see the sun…

Yes, I also started watching “Suits” but was rather disappointed with the story line & stopped. I do think Harry & Meaghan look so happy! I do wish them every happiness.

Remember together we are stronger!

Day 28 – 🇬🇧- FD

V pleased managed a b2b successfully!!! Now off to bed before I get tempted to break 😇

DAY 28 – Cumbria UK – FD (2nd of B2B)

Busy day so no time to catch up – quick post to say a good FD yesterday (488cals) and today ended up to be another FD by default (560cals)

Managed to fit in another yoga class this evening to make up for missing out next week when I’m away – felt really good when I got back home and was not feeling hungry so listened to my body and did not eat thus ending into another FD….

Hope everyone is doing great to end this November challenge on a high – two more days left after today – every little bit makes a difference so stay strong and remember Together We Are Stronger!

Off to bed to read my book…….

Day 28 Canada NFD

Working on my fitness, seem to have ignored that lately!

Still shining my sink, will trust you on this @bert1802-I seem to have watched all the you tube videos and now need to get it actually happening……..

Thanks for the idea of using my ideal weight to calculate my calories for my NFD…My calories for my NFD are 1474…Should I still aim for less than 500 on FD? Or use only 1/4 of 1474 or about 370?

What does TDEE? stand for so I can remember it?

@Trishp
    TDEE stands for total daily energy expenditure
    If you want to lose the fastest than yes 25% of your ideal weight TDEE is the way to go.

I start to get panicky when I think about less than 500kcal so for the time being I am

sticking to that for the time being. 😉

Day 29 – Perth, Western Australia – FD

Day 29 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD – 3rd in a row

Can’t believe there are only 2 days left of the November challenge. A good solid FD yesterday, just under 500 calories, with lentil soup for lunch and a spinach omelette for dinner. An oxo cube for mid morning break as its cooooooold in our work canteen and we are huddled around the heater with our hats and coats on.

The joys of working in the horticulture industry in winter ☺️. Last night we were working in the dark (at only 4.30pm 😫) cutting out fleecy blankets for our benches of growing micro herbs. I hope the little guys slept well last night and I am so excited to see how much they have grown overnight. It’s a busy time of year for us, wish I could get warmer though. I can’t hang around the heated basil house all day!!

Today is my 3rd FD. It will be a normal 500 calories. Funny, after doing quite a few LFD’s I find the normal 500 cal FD’s to be grand, not a bother. I might try an LFD tomorrow though for the final push but the cold might be the factor against this.

Well done to all who have already reached Nov goal. To those like me who are struggling or plateauing for Nov, let’s hold hands and together run that final push. We have so got this 👍

Day 29, UK, FD
    Two days to go and today is the first of B2B.

Onwards and downwards!

Day 29 UK FD

I could do with it being less cold but at least there is room under my trousers for a pair of leggings and lots of tucked in layers this year and I can still bend more easily than last year. And I think that I could fit several more layers under my fleece if it gets even colder. I suspect two of me would fit in it now. And I have trousers that would fit over my trousers, probably several layers worth if necessary. Even my shoes are loose so I can layer socks too, and I have taken to wearing two pairs of gloves. Working outside is nice, but my hands hurt badly in the cold. But at least it is just my hands, last year I had much more pain from the fibromyalgia, I am in a much better state now:))

Day 29, London, UK, FD

Feeling like another FD as I’m soooo close to my Nov goal!!! I’ve a freezer full of soup and bone broth so no problems with an impromptu FD, sometimes when I don’t plan my food for the day it’s just an excuse to reach for the biscuits and chocolate, but today I’m motivated…………….. FD it is!!!

Good luck everyone, keep the faith and knuckle down for the final push!!!!!

Day 29 Wales FD

Brought FD forward a day because of holiday travel. Cold today so soup on the menu. Good luck with reaching November goals everyone.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,251 through 1,300 (of 1,404 total)

You must be logged in to reply.