November 2017 Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
November 2017 Challenge

This topic contains 1,403 replies, has 122 voices, and was last updated by  Anna6 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,151 through 1,200 (of 1,404 total)

• Day 25 UK – NFD but only breaking yesterday’s fast this evening….

@bert1802 – I too am de-cluttering. We sold our house very quickly about 12 months ago – the condition of the cash sale was that we were out within 7 days so we brought a lot of ‘clutter’ with us that we had intended to sort through. We moved into my Dad’s house (who had passed away)… Dad had been resident here for over 70 years but de-cluttering was never on his agenda. I look forward to completing but it’s going to take a while!

Thank you for your replies on ‘allowing for exercise’ – I haven’t so my halo is now shining very brightly!

So impressed with all the determination from those who celebrated Thanksgiving – well done!

Day 25- Colorado USA – OMAD + CD

@miraclelou – hang in there! We all have down days sometimes, but they pass. Just be kind to yourself, treat yourself as you would a dear friend, with kind words & find a comforting thing you enjoy (Not food!) that you can do to pass a little time. Take care, we’re here for support

@daffodil2010 – those oxo cubes are life-savers! Between the hot cup of liquid & the nice salty taste, I can pretend I’ve really “eaten” something. Nice warm filler on a FD.
    So glad your stepson is home & making good progress back to healthy!

@dykask – hope it all pans out well with the company reorganization & you land a good spot. Such a nerve wracking time. Hope this does not throw a monkey wrench in your long-term retirement time line. Keep us posted.

@cornish-jane – yes! Long term maintenance is the goal. Luckily, we have successful maintainers here that confirm for us this WOL is doable. May we all reach our goals & then hold on using 5:2 or 6:1.

@abfab5 – 18:6 or 16:8 are terrific intermittent fasting patterns. Plenty of people here follow that by skipping breakfast daily & only having 2 meals in a shortened window. Don’t feel like you can’t hang here because you aren’t strictly following a 5:2 pattern. Many of us started out with the basic 5:2 from the book, then experimented & found a fasting pattern that works for our lifestyle & schedules. It keeps things interesting learning what works for each individual!

@toddybear – nice work on the 5k run! For myself personally, I never count my exercise calories burned as “more calories to eat now.” On my FD, I stick with 800 or much fewer calories, no matter what activities I’ve done for exercise. I tell myself that working out is for my fitness & health, not license to eat. But, as they say, your mileage may vary.

Day 25 – Cumbria UK – NFD

Good FD yesterday – weight this morning = 54.2kg – happy maintenance!

Had a great Pilates workshop this morning then the whole group (9 of us) went out for a light lunch together – so eventually broke my fast at lunchtime today.

Going out this afternoon to visit a friend who has recently moved house, she invited a few of us for afternoon tea, will try to stay restrained and not planning on any food after that.

Planning on catching up and watching some of the Rugby once we return home late afternoon.

Stay strong this weekend fellow. November Challengers – 5 days to go after today!

Please add me to your December Challenge. I bought the book in October and have been trying to follow its advice since then. What does everyone use to count the calories on your fasting and nonfasting days?

I am 5 2 and weight 155 pounds. Would love to get below 150 by Christmas. Five pounds a season is my goal. Long term goal is 120-125. I am small boned and only weighed 120 when I graduated from college. Every 10 years I seem to put on 10 pounds. So at 56, I weigh 155…I would like to be in the 130s when I turn 60…I am tired of dieting and then watching the weight come back on every year.

I have lost a lot of weight in the past giving up white flour and all sugar…I cooked sweets with honey and whole wheat flour. Plan on returning to that lifestyle as soon as the Thanksgiving leftovers are gone. Looking forward to December and getting feedback from successful fasting people!

Day 25 NFD, Germany
    Just a quick share… My mom and a friend of hers are here for afternoon coffee and I made a very delicious apple crumble cake 😋. Even though I don’t normally eat sugar I allowed myself to have one piece with the others today. I promise to myself and you all now, that I will JUST HAVE ONE PIECE!!!
    I know, otherwise I would feel very bad afterwards!
    @at @missybear @daffodil2010 thank you for your understanding and caring words – I ‘m so glad we’re doing this together!!!
    Take care everybody!
    Lou

Day 25 NFD Oregon USA

Good morning all–well I made it through the FD yesterday at 650 calories which considering the length of my day..lol, I’m happy with.

@daffodil2010 hope you made it through–was struggling with you in spirit.

@AbFab-I am going to try a largely plant based diet. The dairy is the issue. I love cheese. I love yogurt. I love cottage cheese. I love butter….😄 (You see the problem). I have tried almond milk and I can do it in my coffee, but when I want a glass of milk, it just doesn’t taste the same. And then there’s cheese which while I don’t go overboard on, I like a good slice every here and there.

@californiadreamer Definitely try to avoid diet soda, but am thinking it might be a “treat” on FD’s. 👍🏻

Have a question about sleeping post fast…anyone else have issues? It seems like every fast day my sleep the night following is a struggle. And it’s NOT because I’m hungry–I just seem to be AWAKE. Which last night was bizarre as I was literally exhausted at like 4:00 pm. Anyone else have experience with this?

Happy scale news-even during Thanksgiving week, I weighed this morning after my second FD and am down another .5 lbs. So in total from Nov. 1 it’s 4 lbs. Still have 1.5 to go to reach my Nov. goal (which was probably optimistic) but I am thrilled with the direction and looking forward to December Challenge.

Good choices and strength to all.

Post # 3-

@lilymartin – so true that losing the pounds & losing the clutter both take persistence. Sticking to it is the most important! We all want fast changes & instant results, but I’m finding Baby Steps add up over time to pretty sweet results!

After my recent surgery I couldn’t lift anything heavier than a full coffee mug. But I didn’t want my time off work for medical leave to fly by & then look back at nothing accomplished. So I assigned myself “a project a day.”

At first I could only manage cleaning out one drawer or one shelf inside a cabinet. But as I healed & got stronger, the projects gradually grew in scope. I could tackle a bit more each day. I’d set a timer for 15 minutes, because “you can do anything for 15 minutes” as the lovely Fly Lady says! Then if I needed a break, I’d sit down with my doggy & kitteh to read. Afterwards, I’d be re-charged for another 15 minute go-round!

I am quite astounded by the huge progress I’ve made around my home using small, incremental baby steps. Thankful shout out to the methods of Fly Lady and Marie Kondo.
    Intermittent fasting works the same for me. Break my day or week up into manageable bits of time. Before you know it the tiny successes start to add up. Progress, not perfection!

Day 25 – USA – NFD

Good FD yesterday, 478 cals. @daffodil2010, isn’t it a great feeling to go down a decade (130s for you)? @bigviking, you can do this! @dykask, I empathize…I was on vakay in 2009 when I got a call not to come in on the following Monday…they had a big layoff, 29 people, and I was one of them. They shipped my stuff from my desk in boxes to my home. Nice sendoff…not. Seems the mid-50s is when companies reconsider keeping people who may be close to being seniors and they start hiring young blood. @leggit, nice to anticipate another baby in the family…we are waiting for one in January. @abfab5, 16:8 is a great way to eat, does wonders for the body. @trishp1961, welcome!

Day 25 USA (Utah visiting) – NFD

Did pretty well staying under TDEE yesterday. Had a salad at the airport where I really wanted a big burger and fries. Yeah for self-control!

@trishp1961 – welcome! You will find this group very supportive and amazingly helpful. I’ve been on 5:2 or maintenance 6:1 for 20 months now. I HATE counting calories. But I have found with “My Fitness Pal” (we abbreviate MFP) it is much much easier. I downloaded it (just the free version) and can access it from my tablet or my phone using the same user ID. I don’t bother with the exercise planner, just use the daily meals. It finds all sorts of items from restaurants and even most fast food places. I have added a few of my own special recipes to recall them too. Wonderfully convenient.

Onward and downward.

@happymargo – thanks! Yes, I really like it so far. Have fasted almost 18 hours today, only starting to get hungry now. 🙂

@metatua – I agree 🙂

@mjr – I understand. I had great difficulty dropping cheese when I went vegan, but it’s also highly addictive (as in, it really, physically is addictive) so it’s no surprise. Try making your own almond milk – it’s so much better! And you can even make a vegan crumbly feta-like cheese with the leftover pulp 🙂

x

@trishp1961 – Welcome!
    I also use MyFitnessPal – just the free version – If you tend to have similar meals on a regular basis I find it easy to copy from previous to the current day. It also seems to have a really good ‘bank’ of foods to search and the portion sizes can easily be adapted.

I also have tried many ‘diets’ with mixed success. It is very early days for me but there’s some very positive stuff going on between my ears! So often I’ve given up when I have succumbed to temptation but with this plan there really is another day to fast if life gets in the way of your plan.

This is a wonderfully supportive group – I have learned lots from them already.

Day 25 – SW WA USA – NFD

Still on Thanksgiving stretch. Will try to keep it controlled as I travel.

I like the philosophy you’ve adopted @bert1802. Kindness usually begets kindness. The principal at the primary I work at, is not a kind person. We have so many lovely folks on staff but the principal is putting a damper on the working environment. I’ve decided to make this my last year in the district. Then on to a new chapter.

I better hit the road.

Remember together we are stronger!

Day 25 – McMinnville Oregon USA – NFD
    Yesterdays LF went well until evening and then I had some leftover meatloaf. Still haven’t lost the weight I put on while in Bend. 😕 I’m feeling discouraged as I’m gaining and loosing, gaining and loosing, with the net result of ZERO!!

@bert1802 – Count me in for December!!
    @dykask – Good luck with the company reorg, very stressful.
    @mjrbcd44 – Good job on the 4 lbs.

Day 25 California NFD

Yesterday’s FD after the big Thanksgiving blowout and too many calories Wednesday, was a success. Down to 59.7, where I started the week, so pretty happy with that. Still lots of leftovers but plan to pace myself.

@toddybear, myfitnesspal is a great app. I always use it on FDs and occasionally on NFDs if I hit a plateau.

Have a good day everyone!

Day 25 Canada FD

Will catch up on posts during the day when I am feeling peckish 🙂

Day 25 Sarasota, Florida CD My digestive system has been out of whack for about 10 days. Hard to blame it on the 5/2 since I’ve been doing that for 11 months. I’m tweaking what I eat, mainly increasing vegetables in case I need more fiber. I like water and should probably consciously drink more of it, instead of soda or tea. If anyone wants to weigh in (pun intended) on the topic of 5/2 effects on digestion, feel free. Count me in for December please!

Still day 25,Germany, NFD
    I’m so glad I promised to you and to myself just to have 1 peace of cake 😮
    Otherwise I would have definitely had more!! I was tempted but stayed strong! Dinner was a little more than needed, I guess… But still OK.
    @happymargo thank you for your encouraging words! 😊 I am unfortunately very bad in being gentle and kind to myself! This is probably why I developed an eating disorder in my youth! To relax…
    While skimming through the latest posts I read about this magic cleaning topic (Marie kondo, right? And Lady???) this topic came across for me quite often in the last time which probably means that it is important for me! Is it one book or more that are good to read about this topic?
    @anna6 like you, I am struggling with those last 2 kg and feel like my body doesn’t want to let go of it. I decided to take my part of the responsibility which is going on with this WOL to the best of my ability! The rest I can only let go… And even if it is only maintaining my weight from now on – this is still great and I can be very grateful for that!
    Lots of love to all of you lovely people!

@miraclelou

Fly Lady is system of learning to clean & organize, one tiny bit at a time so it never feels overwhelming. Before you know it, you’ve built wonderful easy-to-maintain habits!
    On top of that, you speak kindly to yourself! FLY stands for Finally Loving Yourself. No verbally beating yourself up, just jump back in (and this is why it works so well with 5:2… same concept of Re-Set Button.)

http://www.flylady.net/

For Marie Kondo, I read her book & it really moved me to make some big changes to the amount of “stuff” clogging up my home.
    The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing.

Enjoy!!

Oh my goodness, you guys!
    I’d forgotten about the magic of bone broth, until I had a giant turkey carcass to deal with. It went into my Instant Pot with onions, carrots, celery & seasonings for 18 hours.

After going to the gym, then getting home & taking my dog for a run, I *really* wanted lunch. Instead I heated up some bone broth & YUM! Lunch was averted (saving up my calories for a delicious dinner I’m cooking tonight with eggplant & lots of cheese.)

Day 26/NFD/Melbourne Australia

Mari Kondo and Dr Mosley literally changed my life. A touch of FLY Lady also helped. I started both back in 2014. They seemed to go together. Uncluttering my home and decluttering my eating habits have given me back my zest for life. There is nothing like knowing where everything is, with a place for everything. Time saved searching for keys, wallet, phone …. has made such a difference. @bert is so right about time saved and cleaning is an absolute breeze.

No fasts planned this week. Visitors arrived and will be staying for a week. I’m thankful I have my eating mojo back so not expecting a blow out. Proseco on the other hand …
    Happily my weight is a couple of kilos under my goal.

Have a great weekend everyone

Day 26 NFD Country West Australia
    In contrast to yesterday, today is cool , windy with a grey cloudy sky.
    Off to church then lunch with friends so will try to be controlled.
    @happymargo. I remember reading about FlyLady many many years ago. I loved her ideas and especially that you can do anything for 15 minutes a day. I followed her ideas a bit spasmodically.
    The children did comment that if I actually DID the things she suggested rather than simply READING about them I might make more headway ( true but so much more fun reading about it than actually doing it back then!)
    @awilson, I know how you feel. I bounced up and down so much with the numbers on the scales without going below a certain weight, that I SHOULD have lost weight with the simple bounce bounce bounce!!
    Stayed on a plateau for about 16 weeks!!!!!! ( true) but stayed with 5:2 for health reasons.
    Am back in the groove and still have a lot of weight I’d like to lose but taking it one day at a time.

@bert1802, I so agree regarding attitude. I am currently reading ‘ Don’t Sweat the Small stuff’ (- and it’s all small stuff).
    Finding it a very inspirational little book. Good for bedtime reading as the chapters are only 1 or 2 pages with lots of lovely words about kindness, gratitude etc etc.
    I read it years ago and it just chose itself to be read again. Funny how a book will sometimes grab your attention to be read or re-read.
    ☺️

Day 26 NZ NFD @mjr I too follow a plant based diet. I certainly feel a lot healthier for it. I drink soy milk and use a vegan cheese which I am gradually getting used too. Haven’t eaten meat for approx 6 mths now. I am coeliac and also dairy intolerant which in a way makes it easier not to consume dairy. I get tummy aches if I do. I don’t count calories on FD as I find it easier not to eat during the day and then have a very light meal in the evening. If I do eat during the day I can’t seem to stop on fastdays!

Day 26 – Japan – NFD 81.6kg

My weight went down on a non-fast day, from 81.9kg. There is a lot of randomness in scale readings! Don’t let the scale reading get you down. Look at the flab around the middle or where ever you pack it.

Yesterday was pretty active but I often have active days.

Today is Sunday, I’m only trying to worry about my soul and let everything else worry about itself! Nothing in this life seems to last very long. Next week I turn 58. However I feel more like 28.

Day 25 UK NFD

I managed not to be so greedy yesterday so I am a bit happier with myself. Decluttering sounds like a very good idea. I shall see where small steps in that direction lead…

Day 26, UK, FD
    Up 0.4kg since yesterday. Based on calories consumed and expended, this must be water retention and food in transit. FIVE days to go for the challenge – best of luck with food choices everybody!

BigViking – 0.4kg isn’t anything to worry about. You seem like you must already be getting slim. Good luck on your multi-day challenge! When I made it a week, the value was more knowing that I could do it over the actual fat loss. Lately I haven’t been as motivated to do multi-day fasting. I still have plenty of fat though.

Day 26 Wales NFD

I’ve planned controlled NFDs within TDEE and 2 FDs for the rest of this month. Keeping motivated but I do keep forgetting to drink enough water.

Day 26 – Perth, Western Australia – FD

Day 26, Gozo Malta, nfd

Today I cooked Sunday lunch and we’re celebrating my youngest daughter s birthday. It’s carrier and orange soup, oriental poussins with sticky mixed vegetables and red velvet cake which I cooked both yesterday and today. I’m serving both sparkling white and red wine with the meal.

Tomorrow I’m starting fasting B2B2B. Have a blessed peaceful Sunday everyone, onwards and downwards.

Day 26 Newcastle UK 🇬🇧 NFD.
    Still got the tail end of a cold after two weeks of it. Had to start some exercise so 15 miles on the bike this morning. Very frosty in Newcastle.Two good FD this week, NFD still not great but weight down 2lb and inches down on waist and hips. Back on the rowing machine as of Monday. Not much of November left so these last days will be focused well maybe lol 😉.
    Keep at it people.

Day 26, London, UK, NFD (CD)
    Day 25, London, UK, NFD,

Somehow, I missed posting yesterday, that’s a first!! I managed my Xmas do like a pro-faster, I couldn’t believe the lack of veg on offer, so stuck to a modified LCHF and to two kalimotxo’s (redwine/coke zero) which are a wine drinkers’ saviour on these occasions, back on the wagon ‘til Dec 1st now. Funnily enough, I didn’t feel the need to scarf down every morsel on my plate (clean plate syndrome) nor ‘make up’ for fasting, sometimes I ‘bank’ FDs before big events so as not to feel guilty, no need this time, yeah me!!!!!

Thanks @emma Taylor, I’m off to check out the soberistas web site, sounds interesting …………… for January!!!

@fatrabbit, I know how you feel, I missed the article, but I keep thinking my brain re-training is a very slow process, because I tend to either feast or fast. If anyone has a link to the article please re-post it. Talking of brie, it’s the thing (along with ALL other cheeses) I’ve missed the most during the dry challenges…………… it’s been off the menu as cheese = red wine!!!!!!

Just a few days left of this challenge, then preparing for the inevitable Xmas excesses!!!! I need to get a plan in place for Dec otherwise I’ll be hurling myself off the wagon before I know it!!!!

Stay strong everyone, we’ve got this!!!!!

Day 27 Belfast NFD

Today I hope to finally finish my decorating.

Onwards and downwards.

2nd post

@flourbaby well done on not falling in the Clean Plate trap!

@dykask I just meant it was five days left of the November challenge, rather than something specifically for myself. But now that you have put the thought in my head… I’ve never gone beyond a 3 day fast and I am slightly curious about whether I could do 5 (which would be close to 0kcal LFDs). The last 5 days were supposed to be 3 FDs and 2 NFDs, but I suppose an extra 2 FDs would help with getting me to a level I’d be happy to maintain at. And yes, to all intents and purposes, I am now slim with a BMI slightly above 22. Amazing what losing 29kg can do to your BMI 😀

Day 26…..Florida……NFD

Oh my last day off before I hit the grind stone again. Only a few weeks to go and will be closed for the Christmas holiday.

Not to bad but not good either in the food department, I let the dragon out to play a bit and had a heck of a time getting him back into his cage…… Ugg! He’s going to be the death of me!

@anna6….. got a good laugh this morning…..I had to read your post twice because the first time I thought you wrote you were eating possums…… I guess, Ive got to slow down as I’m reading.

@happymargo and others……. I found out about Flylady basically by accident. I’ve tried for a good 6 months to talk my family into downsizing into a smaller house. The boys are older not at home much and It’s just to much of a house. I was out voted…. So, since we’re not moving, I have to find away to downsizing without leaving, make cleaning quicker and easier. So, I’m a YouTube junkie…In the search box, I put in decluttering your home…… Flylady and KonMari came up…. so, research, research and a bit more. I had a plan…. Flylady!
    Now KonMarie, I did not chose because well I did like the concept of doing by items, it seemed like too much work. After all, I was trying to lessen the load. Flylady, well sounded to easy to be true.
    A few things about Flylady…… it’s easy and super easy to maintain. I follow the system but had to change my zones. I also had to change a few things such a I do a home blessing on Sat., which is also errand day. I don’t meal plan, clean out my truck or do outside work apart from my garden maintenance.
    Also, I thought shining my sink was the dumbest thing I had ever heard. I mean she says to take everything out of the sink, you don’t have to do the dishes first. But shine those sinks……
    so, I’m doing this stupid thing….. Complaining how stupid it is to my OH, to the kids hell anyone who would listen. But I did it. Shined that baby up……..
    It makes me so angry but that one little thing is so addicting and you really do feel accomplished. I now shine that stupid sink weekly.
    I now follow her system, done day at a time, 15, 5 or 2 min at time. Right now, I’m washing down my walls!
    Okay well I’ve rambled enough for the day!

I do not have ducks 🦆
    I do not have rows!
    I have monkeys 🐒 and they’re running the circus!

Gosh…. I hope this works…..

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/december-2017-challenge/#post-231413

Dec. Challenge!

Day 26 USA (UT visiting) – NFD

Managed a good 16:8 yesterday, but I still ate the full TDEE in those 8 hours. It included pizza and a pale ale for supper. That’s often what happens when visiting daughter here… but I am okay with that.

@flourbaby – had to look up your red wine/cola drink recipe. Laughed out loud when I saw the All Recipes.com said to use “cheap red wine” in there! http://allrecipes.com/recipe/96501/kalimotxo-calimocho/ It also said it was a Spanish recipe. Interesting. That kind of reminds me of another way they use red wine with fruit: sangria.

Onward and downward.

Day 26 – Colorado- NFD

@bert1802 – my fav habit picked up from Fly Lady is the swish & swipe.
    Every day I swish a soapy toilet brush & then wipe down my bathroom counter. At first I’d only remember to do it 3-4 times/ week. Now it’s easily done daily. And I’ve added a quick mop of the floor (with those little pop-up Clorox wipes.) My bathroom stays so shiny clean!!

November really kicked in for me on 11/20/17 when I finally came off those awful medications. But I have a Looonnnngg way to go till goal, so I’m definitely in for December’s Challenge too!

No need to add me to the chart though. I’ve been enjoying tracking on a big paper calendar in my kitchen. Every day I jot down my 1- Weight, 2- Workouts & 3- FD/ NFD/ or OMAD.
    It’s motivating & easy to glance at when thinking of snacking… all the info is staring me in the face from my kitchen wall. Helps me to pause & reconsider!

Hi Bert1802 I’m glad my post gave you a laugh. Good night.

Day 26 London UK NFD
    After months of refusing to weigh myself I think the time has probably come. My OHs weight has slowly been creeping up. He definitely won’t fast and he definitely won’t cut down his wine intake, but he is normally slim and won’t like facing up to the fact he’s put on a bit of timber round his middle.
    The only way I can think of doing this is if we try together. I think my BMI is around 26, and I’d like it to be around 22. In the past, when I’ve weighed myself, if I’ve lost weight I tended to scoff because I thought I could, and if I put on weight I tended to scoff because I was disappointed. End result – scoffing!!! Anyway, I’ve grown up a bit now ( 60 this year, so it’s about time..) and I’ve learned from this group that the scales tell fibs, but if you stick with the WOL they will eventually shift. I’ll try to keep track myself first, and might get to the spreadsheet if I can get organised.
    Have a good day all.

Day 26 – Soon to be Massachusetts again – NFD

Today I return to Massachusetts and I am not looking forward to the traffic.

@trishp1961 – I too am 5 2 with a small frame! I have always been at the upper or just over a healthy BMI and I am looking to lower that and make those rolls go away!

Signed up for the December challenge. 🙂

Day 26 – Cumbria UK – NFD

A very good CD yesterday – weight this morning 53.7kg/118.4lbs – on track to be a few lbs below target before my pre xmas visit down south to see friends!

Cold day here – beautiful sunshine initially but by lunchtime we had a light drizzle which has continued for the rest of the day!

@trishp1961 – Welcome to the monthly challenges – great support with no judgement here – looking forward to getting to know you in December
    @miraclelou – I love an apple cake too – I have this lovely recipe for an Italian Apple cake made with a light olive oil instead of butter and it is fool proof to make and is so light 😋- good job on sticking to only the one serve!
    @happymargo – good to hear that your recovery is going well x
    @flourbaby – Just no to red wine and coke – I don’t like a white wine spritzer either – prefer my wine unadulterated!!!!!
    @bert1802 – thank you for getting the December Challenge underway – love your introduction to it ☺️

I’m going to see Suburbicon tonight – it does get mixed reviews but our film group like seeing films that challenge a bit and certainly we often sit in the cinema discussing the film for several minutes when everyone else has left……….

“TAKE IT DAY BY DAY BECAUSE RESULTS DON’T COME OVERNIGHT. CHANGE DOESN’T COME IMMEDIATELY, BUT KEEP WORKING AT IT AND YOU WILL GET THERE”

Day 26 – McMinnville Oregon USA – NFD
    Yesterday was a CD thankfully. The scales were down a wee bit this morning.
    @miraclelou – Good job staying strong re: cake!! 💪/🍰
    @lilymartin – Thank you for the encouragement, it helps to know that others have a similar experience but stick with it.
    @anna6 – I have a sister that always chooses red velvet cake for her birthday celebration. I love it. Have a wonderful time celebrating your daughters birthday.!! 🎂
    @flourbaby – Glad to hear your event went well in terms of calories consumed. Coke in your wine…..hmmmm.

Day 26 Sarasota, Florida FD I pre-entered todays 2 meals. It won’t be hard to not eat all day because my stomach still isn’t right. I found quite an extensive thread on effects of the 5/2 on digestion on another 5/2 forum. Many people suffered what I’m suffering- diarrhea. Many wished, as I do, that Dr. Mosley would comment on this. It’s odd for me because I was on the 5/2 most of 2013 and this year I’ve been on it since February yet this is a new problem. Constipation I dealt with before with success but this is different. One fellow dealt with it by taking a tsp of Metamucil every morning. I sent my husband out for some. Also postponing my lap swimming again today.

Day 27/NFD/Melbourne Australia

Busy fun day yesterday playing with 5 grandchildren under 6 years old. Thanks to this WOL I had plenty of energy to keep up and prepare lunch and cook dinner. Now for some quiet time to catch up with posts.

Struggling with 5:2 lately and so I just fast when I can. I got bad news that my kidney cancer is spreading and I’ll start chemo soon – after more scans & biopsies. I suppose the good news is that the fasting will become a lot easier on chemo. Haha. I’ve lost 24 lbs total though and am now a normal (well, higher end of normal) BMI. I can honestly say that 5:2 and resulting weight loss & normalized blood glucose has made me feel much much better than I was feeling before I started. I’m in the best shape I can be to win this battle but taking a break for a while. Wish me luck & if you pray, a little prayer for me would be most welcome. Keep up the good fight all!

Day 26 NFD Oregon USA

Yesterday didn’t end up too great…chips and beer were calling my name while watching a holiday movie last night and I gave in. ☹️

Tonight am going to a movie and dinner with a friend for our birthdays and holiday get together. It will involve alcohol and food–going to try to avoid movie theater popcorn as a goal and watching total calorie intake while still enjoying.

Really trying to keep my long term perspective as company Christmas party is also this week on Tuesday night before the end of November weigh-in. FD’s on Mon and Thurs will hopefully allow me to maintain the loss I’ve had this month. Thank you @awilson for your encouraging words. Remember I’m a newbie and have a lot of extra lbs. to lose. I fully expect months to follow where the loss will be slow or non-existent and that will be the real test of strength! We can do it–even in all this RAIN!!! (You’d think after 30 years in Oregon I’d be used to it but….)

Hope everyone has a strong last five days of November and on to the December challenge to keep the holiday dragons at bay!! 🐲

Day 27 NZ

My apologies to everyone. I have had a really awful month and haven’t focussed on the challenge. Roll on December!

@melania Sorry to hear about your cancer. All the best!

@Melania–prayers sent.
    So sorry for your news but keep up the fight and take care of yourself.

@melania Good luck – prayers for you this evening

Viewing 50 posts - 1,151 through 1,200 (of 1,404 total)

You must be logged in to reply.