November 2017 Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
November 2017 Challenge

This topic contains 1,403 replies, has 122 voices, and was last updated by  Anna6 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,051 through 1,100 (of 1,404 total)

• Day 22 – SW WA USA -FD?

Traveling to eastern WA for Thanksgiving with my adult children.
    Trying for a liquid FD before tomorrow’s feasting.

Plan to go see the movie “Wonder” with my daughter this evening. Think I’ll need some kleenex.

Remember together we’re stronger even during the holidays!

Day 22 – Massachusetts – LFD?

Yesterday did not, predictably, work out to be a Fast day. I am not going to beat myself up about it. The drive back to NJ actually went very smoothly, much to my surprise. Must be because I went down on Tuesday instead of Wednesday. Sunday is going to be a nightmare though!

Am I correct in thinking that LFD stands for “light Fast day” ? I think I’ll be doing that most of this week. I am able to control myself until the fancy dinners and then I lose it. My goal is just not to gain.

Today I am making pies with my mom! It’s our tradition every thanksgiving and Christmas. I am kind of her pie apprentice. We’re making apple, chocolate, and pumpkin pies today! Can’t wait to eat them tomorrow.

@leggit, I think it is Liquid FD. Hardcore LFD will be just black coffe/tea (no sugar) or water. More common would probably be to add some sort of soup or broth.

Day 22 – ABQ – FD

A final check in before I leave for my flight to Houston! I’ve completed another successful B2B2B, but since I was traveling for work yesterday I ended up eating all my calories at lunch (working lunch) and only had a snack for dinner. Then flip flop today where I’m only lightly snacking since I know I’m eating out with DH and DD at the airport just before leaving (hello late flight). I am very much looking forward to seeing my family and eating thanksgiving dinner with no worries on weight gain since I feel I know my limits now. We shall see what I have to say afterwards though hahaha.

Thank you so much to everyone doing the Happy Dance with me 💃 — OMG how bad is it that I now have the “Happy Dance” song from Elmo (Sesame Street) stuck in my head. haha

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving to all my fellow Americans, and stay strong so we can finish the month on a high note!!

I’ll try to check in after T-day but with that much family, I doubt I’ll get a chance to do a good update.

Day 22 – 2nd Post
    Frustrated myself because I’ve already blown my FD let alone a LF. 😕
    I’m responsible for the green bean casserole tomorrow and it’s because my recipe is full of butter, cream and bacon. 😫
    @bellyblast – Good job on the smaller jeans!!
    @califdreamer – bummer on the plateau, hang in there.
    @at – So sorry about your friends bad news. I’m glad you will be able to visit soon.

Day 22 CD Oregon USA

Ah yes @flourbaby it was you with the alcohol links…thank you for re-sharing.

Today has been a pretty good CD so far. Hoping to keep it in check through the evening hours as we head to the big day tomorrow. Not planning on going overboard but probably even with constraint will be over the TDEE.

Then a FD on Black Friday–and I am one of those crazy people who goes out with the crowds in the very early AM. I don’t buy that much but it is a tradition and I actually just enjoy the hustle and bustle. And this year, I figure it’s a very effective way to keep my mind OFF of food for the day. 😊🎄

I am thankful for all of you here in the November challenge. I found it really just when I needed it most though I stumble here and there, I feel like I can get right back on the wagon. Too many names to list but to all who have sent answers, words of encouragement and stories–I am so grateful.

To my fellow Americans–a very happy Thanksgiving.

Good choices and strength to all.

Day 22 Sarasota, Florida FD I did a man’s FD today-600 calories but I ate nothing between breakfast and dinner. I’ve pre-entered Thanksgiving Day- don’t know if I’ll be able to hold to the modest 1200 calories I wrote down (my TDEE is 1100.) I’ll be too busy to snack. That’s my strategy!

Day23 UK NFD

On the way home – currently Sydney waiting for next flight. Over 2 weeks with no tv and only intermittent wi fi. I have no idea how much weight I’ve added over the past 2/3 weeks but I’ll just have to suck it and see. December’s going to have to be a very controlled month, and that’s not going to be easy. Hey ho, it is what it is and having done this WOL for almost 9 months now I know it will just take a reset to get my mind back in the game. So December challenge, count me in.

Happy Thanksgiving to all our American chums.

Day 23 NZ NFD After rejoining last week I am feeling good. Had a successful B2B Mon and Tues then have not been eating until lunchtime on the last two days. I am amazed at how easy it has been so far. I will continue to hold out until lunchtime if I can and just have two meals a day. I haven’t read the posts everyday as things are really busy at present. Our choir is performing tomorrow evening at a concert and we have been having extra practices etc and with working (getting up at 4.40am) I have been somewhat pressed for time. Just in case I don’t get time to catch up tomorrow have a wonderful weekend everyone and stay safe.

Day 22 California NFD

Late posting today. I was at 59.9 this morning so have managed to stay in the 50’s for 4 days. Ate mindfully most of the day but had a Subway sandwich with chips and a cookie tonight, so I’ll probably see some gain in the morning. *sigh* Tomorrow is American Thanksgiving with lots of food and I’m hosting it for our family and 2 friends. I haven’t decided whether my 2nd FD will be Friday or Saturday. But it will be much needed! Wishing everyone who’s celebrating a Happy Thanksgiving tomorrow!

Still day 22

Managed a LFD – yes @leggit it stands for liquid FD. Today mine was water & coffee with cream & sometimes Sugar Free Chocolate in the coffee. It was a travel day so coffee was the easiest to access.

Day 23, Norway, NFD

Well, kind of tried an FD yesterday due to eating out (Indian food again) tonight… Had a very small portion of “turkey-and-veggie-something” from the cantine, can’t have been too many carbs…then I didn’t eat until about 8.30pm…3 slices of whole grain bread with very lean chicken meat on top…I very rarely eat bread, cause I don’t like it too much…but this can’t have been really bad in kcals? I had gained 0.5kg since my lowest earlier this week, but after that dinner & dessert on Tuesday, I shouldn’t complain 

@StephieS – lol, no not easy to resist the desserts, especially if someone else is taking the bill lol  BUT, it was SO not worth it, it was a very dry/hard brownie with tasteless espresso ice cream…well, it’s gone, and I learned a lesson. “Don’t eat it just because its free ”

@flourbaby – yes I’ve now learned that too this week, “Just don’t even wake him at all”, much easier…one thing is to ignore the “lust” for something…that’s “easy”, but if I give in to just one, all he** is lose…

@debster251 – yes I actually savor the food and occasional treats a whole lot more, I taste it before I swallow, instead of just hording it in, and not think about it. Looking forward to Indian food tonight, I’m going to enjoy it, and skip desserts.
    I will not eat until dinner, and I know Saturday and Sunday are going to be hectic, with little chance to eat too much during the day, we are going to a Christmas fair with our machines (Slush, popcorn and candy floss) 

@bert1802 – Thanks for hosting December. Count me in  In it to win it.

Me and a friend bought plane tickets for our long overdue USA-trip, in march – oh we are SO excited. We are flying to New York, and will be staying in NYC for a week, and then travel to Miami with a day cruise to the Bahamas, and we’ll go back to Norway a week later. So a 15 days USA trip in March2018. Someone said: Be sure to bring a swimsuit!! Oh my!! Well, so now my goal is to hit 75kg by beginning of march. Is this doable?

ONE week to go, before I would love to see 84.something!! Next week will be the one that really counts for me. I’ll definitely do an FD Monday 27. and Thursday 30., but I might also do Wednesday 29. Looking forward to weigh in on Friday the first!

Have a good day everyone. Keep losing.

Day 23/Accidental FD/Melbourne Australia

Happy thanksgiving to all our American friends.

Day 23, UK, NFD

Trust me to hit a plateau! The body is busy filling thos empty fat cells with water and I am up 0.3kg since Tuesday😡

Happy Thanksgiving to all our American friends on the forum. Enjoy yourselves and may you be able to make sensible food choices today👍

Day 23 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Stepson is feeling better, no pain, no more blood thank God, and no infection. Has some uncomfortable probe tests today and hopefully the diagnosis will be good. Thanks to you all for your good thoughts and wishes.

I made an amazingly delicious chicken and butterbean casserole for NFD dinner. There were carrots and parsnips and oh my, it was so tasty. Maybe because yesterday was bitterly cold, very wet, and dark so early, but myself and DH mopped up every morsel……then went back for more 😨 I had made enough for another meal, but now all gone. Slept so well last night on my full stomach though, did not even hear DH get up at 2.45am to go to work!

Ok, so up a pound, but a bit bunged up too with hostages needing to be released 😳, so today’s FD and lots of water and green tea will hopefully move it. I seem to be plateauing around the 141 ish Mark, going up, then back down again…….

BUT, only 5 months ago I had 140 as my goal so am delighted to even be here.
    I know now I want to get below that and well into 9 stone land. I am only 5’2″ and have lots of size 10 clothes in the back of the closet waiting for me.

Happy Thanksgiving to all of you American friends. Enjoy the day! Reset tomorrow X

Day 22, NFD
    Day 23, NFD, Germany

Day 23 UK NFD

Yesterday ended not being a fast day as I ate too much when I got home for it to count as I had eaten fruit before I went too. I struggled during tha last part of the walk home and was really really hungry, not sure if that was because of walking into the wind coming back or because I had eaten earlier. It was really windy! But really warm, so warm that I bathed the rest of the guinea pigs as it is unlikely to be warm enough again for a while. It is good to know they are all sorted until next year.

Good to hear your stepson’s bleeding has stopped Daffodil. I hope he continues to improve.

Day 23 Belfast FD

A very Happy Thanksgiving to all our American friends. The traffic jam in LA even made our news today! Enjoy your celebrations everyone.
    I successfully completed a CD yesterday so I hope that that EFS dragon is firmly back in its cage.

Thank you @bert for hosting next month. Count me in please.
    @bigviking I can see you’re salivating! Not long now till red wine day!
    @pamie two meals a day is a very good way of controlling the food I put. It’s the backbone of my life.
    @daffodil2010 thank goodness for the good news. Wishing your stepson speedy healing. Xo
    I’m painting my living room today, so it will be a busy day. Then off to my art class tonight. I went to a large craft shop yesterday and bought a whole load of supplies. Like a kid in a sweet shop!

I think it was @at who posted;
    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow” Albert Einstein

TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER

Day 23 Wales FD

Happy Thanksgiving to all who are celebrating.

FD for me today.
    @daffodil2010 – I’m with you on wanting to be in 9 stone land, so @bert I’m in for the December challenge, thanks for offering to host.

Enjoy today everyone, whether fasting or feasting.

Day 23, London, UK, FD (4th of B2B2B2B)

Happy Thanksgiving to our friends across the ‘pond’.

@bigviking, just a suggestion, but you might like to savour that 1st sip in bed ………….. just so you have a soft landing, your tolerance must be -100 by now!!!!! That plateau sounds like you’re preparing for a whoosh!!!!

@daffodil2010, good news on your stepson’s health, I hope it keeps improving. xxx
    I’m 5”2 ½, (the ½ is critical!!!) but there are no size 10’s in my wardrobe, if there were, they would be my old school uniform!!!! I’m aiming for 10st, then I’ll see how I look and feel at that all time low.

Looking forward to breaking my B2B2B2B tomorrow, can’t believe I’m looking forward to Ryvita!! (topped with tomatoes, avocado & balsamic drizzle though)!!!

I just need to dispatch 50% of my November goal,😳 Ooops! I always seem to eradicate a big chunk in the 1st week, then bouncy-bouncy scales appear, then it’s a mad dash to the finish line to meet my goal in the last week– so frustrating!!!

Stay strong everyone, the finish line is in sight.

Day 23, Gozo Malta, nfd

I’m 65.5 kilos. It seems I put 0.7 kilos over the weekend and nfd and I m back to below 66.2 kilos after three cd/fd

I need to be more mindful on nfd days to reach 64 kilos or 63.5 kilos which is my happy weight. I’m still at a healthy BMI at 66 kilos but wish to be around 64 kilos.

Onwards and downwards have a great thanksgiving day everyone especially our American friends and relatives.

Day 23, South Wales, FD (with a vengeance)

Happy Thanksgiving to those in the US!

@flourbaby @bigviking I sympathise with plateaus and yoyos. My scales are all over the place and I am struggling to reach my goal – this morning I ended back up at my start weight (OK, partly due to some terrible food choices yesterday…)

So, for the last few days of November, I’m going to go all out to try to shift a few pounds permanently. LFD today, no alcohol til the end of the month (ouch!) and an extra FD or two thrown into the mix. I will do this!!

2nd post

@lynned – there is still a whole week of November to go, so plenty of time for a strong finish. I’m with you on making the rest of this month really count.

Thursday fasters – lets make this our best FD of the month so far……..right, off for another glass of water.

Day 23 – 🇬🇧- NFD

🇺🇸 🇺🇸 Happy thanksgiving 🇺🇸 🇺🇸

Day 23 Newcastle UK 🇬🇧 NFD.
    Another good FD yesterday. 4 NFD coming up. Happy Thanksgiving to our American cousins. Busy run up to Christmas for me now.

Thanks @missybear – encouraging words and you’re right, there’s still a week to go! We can do this!

Day 22 – Cumbria UK – NFD
    Day 23 – NFD

I’m really annoyed now – having spend the past hour catching up and writing a long post – it seems to have disappeared………

Thinking of you all – sending warmest Thanks Giving wishes to all our friends in America/Canada – enjoy your celebrations

@bert1802 – A big thank you for taking up the challenge of herding us for the last challenge of 2017 – I’m in for another month

One week left to make this November Challenge count – TOGETHER WE CAN DO THIS

Day 23 – Massachusetts (but currently New Jersey) – nfd

Happy Thanksgiving all! And thanks for all the well wishes today. 🙂 I plan on being smart, don’t want this day to take me off course.

Thanks for clarifying what LFD was. Intend on doing them soon! Might not make my goal weight this month but I did start late. I’m set up now for December Challenge and I’m going o keep going.

Keeping the stay strong mantra going in my head.

Day 23 – Colorado USA – definitely a NFD!

HAPPY THANKSGIVING everyone!
    I know so much of today’s celebration centers around food… but I love ❤️ the sentiment of this day being focused on FAMILY and taking time to count our BLESSINGS, to recall & count up all that we have to be GRATEFUL for!

Thank you Fellow Fasters for being such a caring & supportive crew. I’ve definitely had my medical issues that have made this journey resemble a rocketing roller coaster ride. But I’ve always felt safe returning to this forum & jumping back on the wagon with you. The magic of 5:2 is that fancy Re-Set Button!
    Looking forward to greater Health & Success in the coming new year!

Well, with 8 days left in November, my plan is:
    = 4 NFD (to account for OH being off work & we enjoy breakfast, which I normally skip, out together.)

= Then 4 days of OMAD (one meal a day.) I’ll make my days calorie-free liquid up until dinner & limit that one meal to well under 800 calories.

= Red wine allowed only today for Thanksgiving. Then dry the rest of the month. This group of Dry Winos has really helped me regulate my alcohol intake. I feared it’d be horrendous, but turns out, it’s been surprisingly easy!

And PS: turns out I’m grateful for my OH getting on board. This entire last week he’s removed all pressure of “we have to eat together & share the same food.” (He has a few odd food quirks from childhood he’s working thru 😛 But don’t we all.)
    Instead he now asks about my meal plans, with no insistence that we match. Last night he enjoyed his dinner & wine, while I had a great giant salad with no alcohol. (When I met him at 24 y/o he’d never had a salad in his life. Couldn’t believe anyone could actually count salad as a meal! He’s learning!😃) All without a peep. No comments about me just drinking fizzy water. No tantrums.
    It was lovely! 👍🏼

Day 23 USA (Illinois) NFD

Happy Thanksgiving to all and thank you from our non-American friends for recognizing our holiday. I will do my best to control my holiday eating today but still enjoy turkey and trimmings. Heading to daughter’s place in Utah tomorrow for a week.

@daffodil2010 – good to hear of the healing progress for your stepson.

@saffy420 – times away, vacations etc., can always derail any weight loss, but I am confident you will be able to manage getting back on track.

Onward and downward!

Aged pa died this morning peacefully in his sleep at 9:20 am in the hospital.

Mari

@rainbowsmile – my sincere condolences to you & your family at this time of loss. ((Hugs)) from across the globe.

Day 23……Florida……NFD

Today, we celebrate a coming together of people from different backgrounds to share a meal. Where difference we’re put to the side and lessons of love and fellowship were learned. I’m thankful, two different types of people could come together that day and make history.
    I am thankful also that I was able to wake up a greet another day, thankful for my beautiful family, my fabulous friends and each and everyone of you.
    All though not all of us will be celebrating history today, I encourage you all to give thanks to all the things life has given you this year.

I think yesterday was suppose to be an FD, I won’t say it ended badly but I will say it wasn’t an FD. My bestie and her OH head out on their yearly honeymoon today, so I had an unexpected trip to Bob Evens for dinner with them last night. It was suppose to be just coffee but life happens.
    Good news, I did step on the scale this morning, I lost all my away weight and an extra 2/10th of a lb. win-win, in my book if you ask me!

My boys (DH and OS), are do back today from their annual boys trip and I have a whole lot of stuff to do. Since they’ve been gone and it’s just been the YS and myself, we’ve watched a lot of movies, no house work or laundry has been done, So, I’ve got that. Then, I’ve got remake some of our dinner, since will be eating thanksgiving when they get home and I’ll be making the two round trip while the turkey is in the oven.

I will not be venturing into the mad house tomorrow but will be preparing for a trip to the various stores on Sat, so I got to clean the fridge and pantry out too!

Ahhh….. the adventures of being a momma and wife!

Okay well…… I’m off! If I don’t get out of this bed, I’ll be here all day!

I do not have ducks 🦆
    I do not have rows
    I have monkeys 🐒 and they’re running the circus!

2nd post,

@rainbowsmile, my deepest condolences to you and your family. Thinking of you all. xxx

@rainbowsmile – hugs to you and your family on the loss of your pa — may your good memories of him sustain you in your time of grief.

Day 23 – USA – NFD

Good FD yesterday, under 500 cals.; @daffodil2010, so glad to hear the news about your stepson. Hope he continues to heal. @rainbowsmile, I’m sorry to hear of your dad’s passing; I wish I could say something else to console you, but here’s a hug (((Rainbowsmile))).

@bert1802, thanks for volunteering to host December. Please count me in! By the way, did you have good food while in NYC? Happy Thanksgiving everyone in the US!

2nd post

@rainbowsmile – thinking of you and your family during this difficult time – Remember all the good memories and be happy for the life your Dad had and that you got to share so much with him 🤗

@rainbowsmile So sorry to hear about your loss.

Day 23, NFD, Germany
    Wow! Just one more week to go until the end of November!! I am a bit scared that I didn’t lose any more weight even though I wasn’t binging… Even though I know my weight is already fine I would like to lose 2 more kilos. Well, if I really just maintained my weight, there are 2 options I have : either accept it and be happy that this WOL gives me the chance to maintain my weight! Or to start to eat even more controled on my NFDs that means to count calories and check whether I eat over my TDEE…
    @flourbaby @StephieS my thermomix (not Tupper 😂😂) night yesterday was great! I bought my Tm5 more than a year ago and I just LOVE IT! I had a really good time with friends last night, good food – and too much alcohol 🙈 – what made me wake up with a headache this morning 😵.
    I had fasted until dinner so I could really enjoy the meal without regret…
    @bert thanks for hosting December! I’m in!!!
    Hope you American folks had a great Thanksgiving!!!

Please count me in for December. After one week only of No Winovember, I got back on the wagon on sunday so I’ll try to stay dry in December. That should be fun.
    Happy thanksgiving everybody.

Day 23 – McMinnville Oregon USA – NFD
    Going to have Thanksgiving dinner with family and good friends, lots of camaraderie.🍗🍾🥂🥧
    Wishing everyone a happy Thanksgiving!! I know I’m very thankful for the support of this group!!
    @rainbowsmile – I’m so sorry for your loss. I’m sending you my love. 💕
    @bigviking – the only sensible choice today is the sample a little of everything but don’t eat to much of anything. Even my green beans are buried in butter and cream. 😕
    @maayyaa – Your vacation plans sound like great fun, it’s nice to have something to look forward to
    @daffodil2010 – So glad to hear stepson is feeling better.
    @bert1802 – Thank you for your inspirational post.

@rainbowsmile so sorry to hear of your fathers passing. My condolences xxx take care of yourself

Day 23 Turkey Day🦃 Oregon USA

@rainbowsmiles so sorry for your loss–peace and comfort to you and your family.

@bert1802 thank you for hosting December and I am definitely in.

Good choices and strength to all. Enjoy the holiday with family and friends US 5:2’ers.❤️

Day 23 – SW WA USA – NFD

Happy Thanksgiving American friends!

I like my son’s scale. 197.4 lbs this morning; .2 lbs off my April 1st low. Will try to be mindful as I sped time with folks at 2 meals today.

Hugs & prayers @rainbowsmile as you grieve the loss of your dad.

Remember that together we are stronger!

Day 23 Canada NFD

Oops, think I missed posting yesterday. I checked in in the morning and then got distracted!

@lilymartin glad you are feeling healthy again, sounds like you had a nasty bug
    @flourbaby I love that light feeling after a FD as much as you
    @debster251 that must have been an evil sugar monster if you contemplated taking a break from this WOL. Glad your skinny jumper sorted that nonsense out
    @lynned congrats 28lb is a fantastic loss, the rest will follow
    @bert1802 thanks for hosting December. I’m in
    @rainbowsmile so sorry for your loss
    @happymargo I am sure your OH will be 100% sold as your success continues to show

Happy Thanksgiving to our US friends, enjoy every moment and mouthful!

Thanks for the quote, love it
    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow” Albert Einstein

Day 23 – Thanksgiving in the U.S. – California definitely a NFD!

May your stufffing be tasty,
    May your turkey be plump,
    May your potatoes and gravy,
    Have narry a lump.

May your yams be delicious
    And your pies take the prize,
    And may your Thanksgiving dinner
    Stay off of your thighs!

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone who is celebrating today!

Day 24 – Japan – FD 84.4kg (FD #8 or year 2)

Yesterday was a family day and we had some great meals too. Both of my children have November birthdays and I missed my daughters actual birthday this year as I was in China. (She was studying for finals that started the next day, so it wasn’t that big of an issue and she likes what I found for her in China). So yesterday we also did sort of a birthday celebration for our kids. It was good and I have so much to be thankful for.

My weight is off the charts, but mainly because I’m back to my old constipation. I’ve been eating a lot of fiber too. This is just a typical issue for me.

I’ll be joining in December. Thank you Bert1802! I’m not sure how things will go as my group I’m working is scheduled to disband on Dec. 8th. Hopefully I’ll work something out inside the company. When I was in China a reorganization happened and the group I’m in is being consolidated into core groups. All good things end here on this earth! Well that is an issue for next week. 🙂

Day 23 Sarasota, Florida It was a Thanksgiving without my (adult) kids but we had some old friends. Pre-entering my meals kept me on track while still being able to enjoy one of my favorite meals of the year. I had berries and cereal for breakfast and only two crackers and a piece of cheese for lunch. That left quite a bit of room for my favorite meal of the year.

Day 24 ND FD my deepest sympathy is with you @rainbowsmile . Didn’t intend to fast today but it’s so hot I just can’t be bothered eating. Concert this evening getting excited. @bert1802 thankyou count me in.

Second post

@rainbowsmile, my deepest sympathy to you and your family. I’m so sorry to hear about your father’s passing. Hugs to you across the miles.

Viewing 50 posts - 1,051 through 1,100 (of 1,404 total)

You must be logged in to reply.