November 2017 Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
November 2017 Challenge

This topic contains 1,403 replies, has 122 voices, and was last updated by  Anna6 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 951 through 1,000 (of 1,404 total)

• Day 20, London, UK, FD (1st of B2B2B2B)

So yesterdays’ CD went a little (a little???) out of control, I seem to have hurled myself off the wagon…………. Again. This month was supposed to be my chance to stop making up for bad weekends with B2B2Bs, to stop see-sawing between control (FDs) and out of control (NFDs). It hasn’t all been bad, but the poor choices I see in MFP are standing out like a sore thumb!!!!

Congratulations @bigviking, your achievement is inspirational!!!! Do you think your biggest losses were during booze-free challenges??

Although I know the reset button is ALWAYS there, I don’t want to rely on it and just make this WOL work for me. Hoping for a better final 1/3 to this challenge than the previous 2/3!!!!!

Day 20 – Perth, Western Australia – FD

Day 20 Ireland 🇮🇪 FD

Day 10 CD
    Day 11 NFD
    Day 12 NFD
    Day 13 NFD
    Day 14 FD
    Day 15 FD
    Day 16 FD
    Day 17 NFD
    Day 18 NFD
    Day 19 NFD
    Back on track after OH’s birthday celebrations – lots of food and drink..Must keep focused now for the last week or so of November.Great to have the support of this forum.

The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step🚶

Day 20 Wales FD

Feeling very motivated recently, maybe because I have a holiday on the horizon. Meals planned for today include lots of hot fibre rich veggies as I do feel the need for hot filling food on FDs now that the weather is colder. Bought some Twinnings liquorice tea yesterday, it smells odd but tastes good so that is a winter FD ‘treat’ I also got the spiced ginger tea but haven’t tasted that yet.

Thanks to those who have shared your success, it really helps to keep me focused.

Thinking of my fellow Monday fasters – stay strong today.

Day 20 UK

The end of my first week and had a huge success on the scales which has really spurred me on…. 3lbs off!

FD for me today – feeling sooooooooo motivated.

Have a good day everyone!

well I did my weigh in today and I have lost 1Kg in a week as well as 4cm off my bust, waist, hips and thighs. Today is a NFD. Will be interesting to see how I go tomorrow as it is my 3rd FD. Going to try and get some sleep as I have an early and busy day. I am a little sleep deprived as I didn’t sleep well last night. oh well nite nite all. Hope you are all doing well in this challenge.

Day 20, South Wales, FD

Liquid fast today for me to reset after the weekend as I’d love to hit my target this month, but I’m still a few pounds away….

Day 20…..Florida…..FD

Oh, it’s definitely has to be a FD today, indulged in so many good foods while I was away. Thank goodness, that’s only a once a year sometime twice adventure. I actually didn’t do to terribly only a gain of three pounds. A couple FD’s and I’ll knock that right out of the park.

I hope everyone is well, it will take me a minute or two to get caught back up with everyone.

I did read a few, so I just have one comment. One of you asked if 5:2 was substanable in the long term. Here’s my experience and my thoughts. I’ve had this WOL (way of life) for well over a year….. okay well 1year and 1 month, I do a 16:8 daily, my FD are like monkeys and their running the circus. I feel it’s very substanable for the long run.
    This WOL, has never in its true form felt like a diet. Although, I did have my struggles and still do, I never once thought about giving up, I never thought I blew it (sorry I got to say it, I know it’s forbidden please forgive me ) or failed because I screwed up on a FD, over indulged and what have yous. I was and still am living life and those things happened. I believe that why most diets crash and burn because their so restrictive you feel as if you can’t do it right, so you give up.
    It’s only two days a week, I miss today, tomorrow I can do it again! I have 7 days to get in 2 FDs. If I FD Monday, screw up Tues, Wed, Thurs, Friday, Sat too. Sunday I have another FD, I’m still 5:2ing it. I got my two days in…. make sense?
    Never a hurdle I can climb over…..
    OOH, but we can’t stop there…… another reason and the most important reason this WOL is substanable is because of each and everyone of us who tell our stories here, offer support, cheer us on. I learn something new daily, the old timers keep me balanced and the newbies keep me excited. I know that when I hurl myself off the wagon, play dead on the road, someone is going to stop pick my big butt up, hold my hand and carry me back to the wagon. All the while, encouraging me to be not only who I am but the best me I can be….. and that just doesn’t stop at the diet aspect but they have supported me when mother was giving me troubles, every aspect. Having a team behind you makes it so with it.
    I wish, I could say it’s all because of 5:2, I lost all this weight and so far kept it off and I’m in it for the long run but I really can’t. This WOL is substanable because well it’s easy but really because of you and everyone else on this forum.
    Still not sure if this is it, I encourage you to click on my name read all posts I’ve written, then read a few more, you’ll see everything I talked about and more!

Oh my gosh…. I’m going to late!

I do not have ducks 🦆
    I do not have rows!
    I have monkeys 🐒 and they’re running the circus!

Day 20, Brussels, FD
    Day 19, NFD
    Day 18, NFD

Over-indulged during the weekend but hoping to catch up this week. Not feeling too good though, I’ve pulled a tendon in my shoulder and I need to have food in the morning to take the painkillers, it’s throwing my whole FD off…

Have a good day!

Stephanie

Day 20- Colorado USA- FD

Have been so looking forward to this Fast Day…
    Dropped my Mom off at the airport. Had such a lovely visit with her!
    And we did not go wine-crazy during her stay (as may have happened in the past.☺️) Generally, we’d just order one glass of red while out to dinner. Nicely controlled. And no regrets.

I’m also officially off Prednisone now too!! YAY! So very happy about this! Corticosteroids are notorious for rapid weight gain. 😩 But I already know the Solution: the one-two knock-out punch of combining 5:2 intermittent fasting with LCHF (low carb, high fat.) I’ll concentrate my meals on fresh veggies, healthy fats & a protein. Mediterranean style.

Finally got on the scales & have my official starting number post-surgery… Ugh! Had to be done.
    Unfortunately, I’m back up to my all time highest weight. But I have this awesome WOL & my Fellow Fasters here to move forward.

Starting weight = 156 lbs. (71 kg)
    Ultimate Goal = 138 lbs. (62.5 kg)

So please grab my hand, wagon-load of 5:2 friends! I’m re-joining this journey!!

@flourbaby, the best periods were definitely when I was off the booze. 2+ months at the beginning, September and from Oct 28th onward.

Day 20 – Massachusetts – FD

Looking forward to this FD. Ate way too much this weekend and I’m ready to control my life again! I really didn’t feel good eating that much and I’m not sure why I did it. Hoping to undo the weekend damage before thanksgiving. Maybe I’ll try B2B this week.

You guys have some inspiring stories on here and I’m always amazed by those in maintenance. To be at goal weight! Or lower! Seems incredible to me. You guys are an inspiration to us noobs.

Off to start the day. Have a good Monday everyone!

Day 20 USA (Illinois) NFD (16:8)

I’m still basking in the aftermath of a terrific concert. Forgive me, but the director honestly never knows if people will want to attend, if the choir and hand bells will perform well, if the offering we take will give us the funds we need for our coffers. ALL of the above had marvelous results!

Facebook page: Freeport Choral Society has the majority of the photos. My personal page (that I have made public) has more photos, including some videos of songs, one even with me introducing it and singing a short solo portion (that’s the “Shout Glory” one). My page is: Gwynne Hookanson French. The cousin of the other soloist was right down front with her camera! I’m in the red dress. The Spanx did their job. 🙂

We went out for Chinese after the concert, but I didn’t overindulge. I could have eaten a full order of crab rangoon myself – I was ravenous.

Hopefully can catch up on everyone else later today. Hugs to you all as we make it to the end of November! Onward and downward.

@songbirdme – Fantastic!! So glad your choir’s performance, in fact the whole entire evening, was a smashing success!! Congrats!

Day 20 – USA – NFD

@songbirdme, can you email me some pics? I am not on Facebook. Do you use Instagram? I could access them there if it’s easier. @bigviking, woo hoo for your new low! @pamie, glad you are feeling better. @Strawberriesandcream, hope you feel better! @toddybear, good for you knocking off 3 lbs. in one week! @simmogirl, congrats on your weight dispatch-you sound very motivated! @StephieS, hope your shoulder heals – ouch! @happymargo, glad you and your mom had a good visit and that you are off the Prenisone; I know you will do well with the combo of LCHF and 5:2!

Day 20, Gozo Malta, fd

At around 800 calories

Day 20 – McMinnville Oregon USA – FD
    Day 19 – NFD
    Well after spending all day at the mall I finally found a dress appropriate for a formal wedding reception. It was a daunting task but between control tops and spanx I actually had a hint of a waste line. I felt a bit like a trussed turkey. 🐦🐳 Glad to get that checked off my to do list.

@metatauta & @mogaman & Strawberriesandcream – Good job getting into smaller clothing, it does help with the motivation when we see results like that.
    @songbirdme – Thank you for sharing your Facebook page, I loved the video. So fun to put a face to your name!!
    @leggit – Don’t beat yourself up!! Press the RESET button and move on. 🛑
    @daffodil2010 – Wishing you good test results, let us know.
    @tlc2 – Your weekend sounds like a success to me!!
    @steve toon taxi driver – You’ve got this!!
    @woods_woman – I’ve had the same experience with the Charge 2, not as accurate as the first one I bought.
    @onahealthyhigh – Your journey is an inspiration, so important to just stick with this WOL.
    @bigviking – Wow, you are so close, congratulations!!
    @flourbaby – I know what you mean about not relying on the reset button. It does help me move on though and not dwell too much on what I can’t change. I’ve been spending more time trying to understand the emotional component to my eating. I just want my eating and drinking pattern of level out, rather than the peeks and valleys.
    @happymargo – I’m with you!!

Day 20 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

The cardio results are in and I have a perfectly healthy heart 😃 So relieved. My Mom passed away from a heart attack at only 54, and Dad has had a triple bypass, so I was worried. But now, the heart is good. So whatever that pain is that I occasionally get is, it is NOT the scary heart pain. Could be indigestion? Could be anxiety? Doctor told me to note when/if it happens again and consider the circumstances.

There was cake and mince pies at work but I didn’t bother. So far so good, had lentil soup at lunch, and might have an omelette for dinner.

Feeling good today, and it’s great to read up on all your stories too ☺️

2nd Post
    @daffodil2010 – That is excellent news, what a relief!!

Day 20 FD Oregon USA

Feeling good this morning and have an activity planned for the day to keep my mind off fasting–I hope anyway. Going to drag out all the Christmas boxes and get started decorating.
    @songbirdme thanks for sharing your choir and your great red dress! Just coming off the weekend watching my youngest son’s final performance in a musical in high school(which made me a little melcancholy)and your video is a great reminder that he can keep on singing for the rest of his life.
    @bert1802 loved all your wisdom on this WOL. I have high hopes that this will be the path that works for me. The support system is invaluable and I really appreciate all of you long-timers and newbies too.
    @bigViking–congrats on your success–inspiring.
    @awilson the trussed turkey comment made me smile. 😊 I hate buying any clothing right now as I really don’t ever want to fit into it again, so I totally understand.
    @happymargo I’m right there with you on my highest weight (well that was at the beginning of the month.😉) but still I presently weigh MORE than I did when I was nine months pregnant with the child I gained the most weight with. Hmmmm…..here we go and let’s keep on rolling.

To my fellow Monday fasters–good choices and strength today.

Ireland 🇮🇪 my second post today

Today has turned into a LFD just because I haven’t felt the need to eat…I am amazed that I am not starving 🤔 but wonder what those of you who do LFDs frequently drink in the evening before sleeping? I’m not sure I’ll manage right through to morning so any tips would be great! Thanks so much!

Day 20 Canada FD

Love reading everyone’s posts, such a wide cross section of people.
    @bigviking thanks for sharing your success, it’s contagious.

Day 20 – ABQ – FD
    Day 19 – NFD
    Day 18 – NFD

Fastest check in know to man today! I’m doing one last B2B2B this week before jumping in to Thanksgiving festivities on Thurs.

I did a my weekly weigh in and did a big happy dance! 156.6 lbs — that’s .6 lbs away from my November goal! I’m hoping if I stay controlled and good this week and over the holiday that I may reach it and not lose it! I even celebrated today by wearing a pair of pants I’d banished to the back of my closet after I got pregnant with my first! I can’t believe I fit easily into a US size 12 – and I am just cm from closing the button on a 10! So so soooooo close!

@simmogirl WELCOME! we are glad to have you join us! I’ve added you to the spreadsheet and here is the link https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1BLuf0oDETlPDLYSw9l1oXWCnVzBnAqmdJshVaBVCBMY/edit?usp=sharing

Day 20-Portland Oregon-FD

Just a bit of random ramblings below.

I’m onboard for a FD, I don’t feel so lonely having many of you in the same boat. Sitting here sipping a bit of black coffee which is going to take some getting used to, I love my splash of creamer but I don’t want to count the calories.

Planning on eating mostly veggies today. I like to keep most of my calories for one large meal(Dinner)at the end of the day. I think a lite chef salad tonight with a bit of Protein will wrap the day up.

I enjoy watching the food channel when close to a Holiday to see if maybe I can improve or learn anything new for the holiday meal. Needless to say while fasting I’ve been staying quite clear of the food network.

Did a bit of grocery shopping to prepare myself for my fast days. I know many of you watch other things such as sodium intake etc..but I find I do enjoy my salt and crunchy. Dill pickles have been getting me out of binds when I feel I need a chip, or just something to eat in general. Also a packet of Cup-a-soup has kept me from blowing it more then once.

I’ve been on Weight watchers so many times I’ve lost count. So glad I’ve found this WOE, the simplicity of it makes it feel like a manageable WOL.

Everyone have a Wonderful Day.

Day 20 – USA – NFD

@jessyoursize, woo hoo! Congrats on fitting easily into a 12 and heading to a 10! I’m right behind you (sort of)….about 10 lbs. more than you, and still in a 14, but hopefully heading downwards as well!

Day 20 – Iceland – NFD

1 kg down in my first week, was so desperate to see results that I squeezed in an extra FD yesterday. I am really excited to see how the next couple of weeks will be and am determined keep on fasting! One unexpected upside of this WOL is that I am always looking forward to something, when fasting I look forward to eating “normally” the next day and when I am a little bit too full on a NFD I look forward to a new, clean and disciplined FD. Variety is the spice of life 🙂

It would be great to hear some of your experiences regarding keeping the pace… should I expect an ever slowing weight loss or is it possible to maintain a relatively steady tempo?

Hi Borealis and welcome:

It will not be steady. The general pattern is initial quick loss, followed by more moderate or no losses on a sporadic basis – just making numbers up, think down 4, down 3, no loss, up 1, no loss, down 2, no loss etc. Here are some tips, and read Really, No Weight Loss for a typical pattern: https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/

Good Luck!

Day 20, FD, Germany
    Had a pretty good FD today – even though quite chaotic…
    Hadn’t excactly planned on what to eat. Was thinking about tomatoe soup, but then was too lazy to cook… Just steamed some brokkoli and managed to burn it… So I mainly did Liquid fasting today except from snacking a little bit of fruit and beet root and 1 Harzer cheese.
    After telling you that I had a much better time with my Kids on the Weekend, today was really horrible again! I managed to stay calm though (at least on the outside…) but it cost me so much energy!!! Nevertheless I am happy now that I didn’t freak out…
    My FD endet with 490 cals. I am so happy that I can do FDs with 500 cals or even less now. This was not possible for me in times before I joined this Forum!!! So cheers and thanks to you all!!!

2nd post
    @borealis I feel like you, it’s so nice to be looking Forward to both: FDs and NFDs – isn’t it a bit like Christmas every day 😉
    Yes, with the weightloss, there will certainly be times when you hit a Plateau… But if you Keep going you will slowly and steadily reach your Goal!!!
    I also throw in a third FD every once in a while to Speed Things up. Especially since I am very Close to my Goal weight and the last 2 kg seem to really stick on me!!! Sometimes when I have a dinner appointment but want to have a Little extra fasting I have half an FD, that means to fast until the evening and then have one normal meal.
    Good luck to you!

Day 20, FD, US

I’ve been away with work – which means far too much wine and food. Had a good time though, and caught up with an old friend of mine I had literally not seen since last century! But the sort of friend that we just picked up where we left off. It was great.

I think you said it so well, @borealis, that 5:2 means always looking forward. I looked forward to my FD today, and I’m looking forward to a nice salad tomorrow.

Still catching up on everyone’s posts but looks like we have some newbies (welcome!) birthdays (happy birthday!), great weight losses (congratulations!) and milestones (more congratulations). What a great crowd you are!

Day 20/16:8/ CD
    Day 21/FD/Melbourne Australia

I appear to have lost a day somewhere. Yesterday’s fast day turned into a very controlled CD. Planning on fasting today instead. Love the flexibility.

Love to catch up on posts but my windows are calling. Planning to clean them before the heat arrives.

Have a great day everyone

Day 20 – SW WA USA – FD

Keeping it a liquid FD so far! I overdid the eating yesterday so I was ready for a FD today.

@bigviking – congrats on the new low
    @Strawberriesandcream = get feeling better. Glad you’re you’re part of the operation shoebox. I learned in NIcaragua how much they’re appreciated from the person heading things up on the ground there.
    @daffodil2010 – so glad for your healthy heart news!

Together we are stronger!

Day 20 California FD

59.7 again today. This should be an interesting week with Thanksgiving on Thursday. I’m cooking so looking forward to eating!

Day 19 and Day 20 – Cumbria UK – NFD but very controlled ☺️

Had a lovely Sunday stayed just below TDEE – Great Yoga class this evening – lots of strength moves but felt wonderful and enjoyed a light supper on my return home, coming in at under 1000cals in total for the day 😇

@steffieagle – great job – life on 5:2 is great isn’t it 😀
    @toddybear – a cafe in Windermere called Homeground – they serve a great brunch there – I don’t live in Windermere but it’s close enough to drive for Brunch
    @songbirdme – good to hear that the concert went well – you all looked great, it sounded wonderful and you have a great voice – thank you for sharing your photos – looking fab and I love the dress x

As @flourbaby said hope all our old friends who have not posted recently are doing OK and still keeping the faith with this WOL – @coda @brightonbelle @lynzm @okeydokey @lindasue @penz @liathanail @in-it-to-thin-it @redrockgirl302 and anyone else we have not heard from for a while – we do think of you often……HUGS to you all
    @metatauta and @songbirdme – So agree with that feeling of trying old clothes that were too tight and now fits or even better is too loose – I have a gorgeous pair of cigarette pants/trousers from Hobbs that I used to love but is now way too loose – I’ll follow your example @songbirdme and see if I can get them altered – I’m no seamstress so will have to get it done for me….
    @happymargo – great news coming off the prednisone – grabbing your hand and getting you back on that 5:2 wagon – you can do this!

I have run out of time to catch up with all the posts so have skimmed through the last two days – cannot comment on everyone’s post but stay strong and focused everyone – 10 days left in this November Challenge – enough time to make a difference – TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER

Anyone volunteering to run the December Challenge????? Think about it – it does help to keep you focused and is very satisfying……..

I need to go and have a shower and get to bed – early start tomorrow going for a long walk with friends

“The best investment you can make is in yourself”

@bigviking – congratulations! You are certainly a big inspiration to all of us.
    @missybear – that licorice tea sounds interesting – hope I can find it here. I enjoy flavored teas especially in cold weather too. So far orange spice has been my fave.
    @toddybear – yeah for you and success!
    @simmogirl – you are certainly on the right path. Wonderful first steps. This group will help you the whole way. They/we are the way!
    @bert1802 – you’re such an inspiration. GREAT advice for sustainability. I could not agree more.
    @stephies – ouch! Shoulder pain is no fun. Hope it doesn’t last!
    @happymargo – how terrific you’re off prednisone! We know you can get all that weight off and more.
    @mjrbcd44 -of course your son ought to keep singing! It is terrific aerobic exercise for all ages. I think singing is what keep my blood pressure and heart rate low. I’ll see if I can’t find a link with some of the research.
    @jessyoursize – doing the happy dance with you!
    @at – thanks so much. I am still so happy with the aftermath of the concert. And yes, the Spanx did the trick, and I could still breathe! @awilson – I’m right with you on help to control lazy skin/fat for our fancy dresses.

2nd post…..

Trying to get caught up……

@toddybear…..Congrats! Your well on your way!

@ stephanieS…. I hope you feel better soon!

@ HappyMargo…… Congrats on the RX downgrade….. no worries, Love, just keep on, keeping on you’ll hit your goal in no time!

@ big Viking…… cheering you on!

@newbies…. I’m so glad your here and my trials help you along the way! It reminded me of a sign I have hanging on my kitchen wall. I think it sums everything up perfectly.
    We may not have it all together, but together we have it all!

Holy moly….. I almost burnt dinner….. yikes!

@ jaifaim…… at bedtime, I normally just drink good old water but I also take my potassium pill, as it help with my restlessness during the night.

@ jessyoursize…….. Happy 😃 💃🏻 💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻

@woods women……. I’m a coffee drinker, always have been always will be. The stronger the better but I need creamer in mine too. I just one tablespoon of fat free half and half in each glorious cup I drink. It equals up to about 50 calories or so….. I have found I can cut out a small percentage of something else to make up for it….. example instead of having 4 Oz of meat…. I can cut it to 3oz with out much difference…. equals about 1 bite. The point is you don’t have to scarafic anything to make 5:2 work. Find small tricks that won’t matter and replace them with something that will make a difference. I love chocolat, so in the beginning, I use to downgrade all my portions by a teaspoon, so I could have one Hersey kiss nightly. I don’t do sweets anymore but it set me up for brighter days!

@ borealis…… oh how I wish this question was a one size fits all, but what we have is kind of a double edge sword. Not an easy one to answer. With 5:2, a lot of it comes from learning your bodies signals and actually listening to them. Yes, I believe you could continue to see a weight difference each and every week providing life does not get in the way and you listen to your body. But realistically, it may not happen, only because well we live and stuff happens. I so want to set you up to be the best 5:2er you can be because I know you can do this! I know you will do this! So, I’m hoping this helps….. the scale will not show you all the wonderful victories you are going to have but your body will! It will show you in being more energized, less brain fog, clearer memory and smaller clothes! Oh, I could go on and on! But I think you get the point. Try not get wrapped up in the numbers but what your body is doing. You could go weeks with a weight loss everyday but your body doesn’t change, then you’ll have weeks were the numbers stay the same but your out buying new pants, shirts a couple times a month because every time you walk your pants drop to your knees. That’s because your body is changing. Both are great, but in time you’ll learn which one you like best…. strive for that one!
    Gosh, this was kind of long…. I hope it explains what you were asking.
    You can do this….. don’t forget your AMAZING!

@pamie….. glad your feeling better!

Okay folks… I must stop here…. I’m seriously going to burn dinner if I keep going!

I do not have ducks 🦆
    I do not have rows!
    I have monkeys 🐒 and they’re running the circus!

Day 21 – Japan – NFD 81.7kg

After a good fast I’m at the highest weight I was in China. China must have a different standard for the kg!

Anyway it was a good fast and only slightly edgy.

Day 21, NDF/CD, Norway

Thanks for all the kind words about my second job  My mom has worked there for 20 years, she just turned 62yrs, but she still doesn’t want to retire. I must say I admire her efforts! It really is hard work, heavy lifting. After my evening shift on Friday, after my 8hours at the office during the day, my body was hurting all over the place, a good hurt though, means I’ve moved a lot  On top of this, I have a small “business” of my own, I rent out slush machines, popcorn machines, and candy floss machines…and on Sunday we had a Slush stand at a children’s handball tournament. We were also “babysitting” my 11yrs old nephew the entire weekend. Almost feels like a “vacation” to get back to my office 

Busy week this week though. Today: Out to eat and play shuffleboard with “the union” (the work union, do you know what I mean?), on Thursday out to eat with three of my colleagues, Friday I’m going to take my mom out to dinner, it’s her and my dad’s 44th wedding anniversary. My dad past away 9 yrs. ago, but I still like to celebrate their day. Then on Saturday we are all going to a comedy show. I’m going to crash the coach on Sunday!! Holy! And in between all this I need to think about what I eat.

Today was my lowest in … I can’t remember the last time I saw this number. 85.4…which means 9kg/19.8lbs. Very happy for that. But my goal for November is still seeing the number 84 in some form,,,and with all this “eating out” this week, it’s going to be a hard challenge.

Novembers last week has to be b2b2b2b for me to hit my goal, I guess 

Keep on losing!

Day 21 NFD country West Australia

Day 21 Newcastle UK 🇬🇧 NFD
    Focus focus FOCUS! Especially between 7pm and 10pm tonight that’s my watchword.
    This is where I go wrong so many times on NFD.

Day 21, UK, NFD

Being done with travelling with work for the year means I can sneak in the extra odd dog walk. Between Friday and yesterday I managed 81.56 km of walking and with a 0 kcal B2B Sun/Mon it shows on the scales this morning. 78.1kg 😀 This means I have hit my November target, so I need a new one.

With 10 days to go, my aim is to lose 4lb/1.8kg, which will take me to 12st/168lb/86.3kg. This is in the range I’ve decided on, so all being well, from December 1st I will be in maintenance. Oh and more importantly, Dry Winovember will be behind me 🥂🍻🍷

Day 21 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Yesterday’s FD turned into a NFD with the addition of some cold white wine. As well as my good cardio news we also had two bad news items – my stepson is in hospital with blood in his urine and kidney trouble, and our cat took a seizure that frightened the bejaysus out of us. Waiting to hear update on stepson. Cat is ok now, need to keep an eye on that.

So no wonder the bottle of white was opened 😨

Still down from weekend weight gain, but need to get moving if I want
    to reach November goal. I had planned a 4lb loss, which right now will be 6lb with the weekend gain…..and 10 days to go 😳

@jaifaim I meant to get back to you yesterday re the nighttime on an LFD. I keep a few calories and either make a hot milky drink with a sprinkle of nutmeg, sometimes also turmeric and ginger, or I will have a Cadburys Options drink. The Options is about 40 calories, the milky drink is more, but all in I don’t tend to consume more than 100 calories on an LFD. Hope yours went well.

Day 21 UK NFD

I broke my usual rules somewhat yesterday by eating fruit in the afternoon before walking to the train but it hasn’t stopped me losing weight, I am under 145 lbs this morning, which was rather a surprise as I stuffed myself when I got home, albeit only with yet more fruit and salad. BMI now 21.7. My gut bacteria got so loud at 1pm that I couldn’t ignore them and gave in and ate the fruit. I am so relieved that it is fruit they want and not carbs. I don’t miss those cravings!

Day 21 Wales NFD

Day 21 Belfast FD
    Feeling very bloated today. I blew yesterday’s fast day, so I’m going to try very hard today. I’ve lost my mojo a bit, but would like a few more pounds off before Christmas.
    I’ve been so busy this last week that I haven’t really managed to read all the posts.
    Hope all of you who are feeling under the weather are now well on the mend. Well done to all of you who are doing so well in despatching those pounds.

@awilson – happy clothes shopping! Hope the new outfit boosts your confidence.
    @bigviking – awesome results
    @missybear – the spiced ginger tea is delish!
    Thank you @songbirdme for those amazing photos. You looked stunning and your name certainly reflects that voice! It’s just lovely to see the face behind the handle!
    @daffodil – Congratulations on your test results. I suspect a big relief all round! Sorry to hear about your stepson and the cat. Wishing them both a speedy recovery.
    @happymargo – isn’t it so good having time with your mum. Great news on ditching your medication👍 I’m kinda a bit stuck at around 154 so we can hold hands and do this together!
    @simcoeluv -thank you for dropping in.

Had a challenging swim yesterday evening. It felt like I was dragging a bucket of bricks with me! Off to Pilates this morning which hopefully will be a little easier.

ONWARDS AND DOWNWARDS!

Day 21, London, UK, FD (2nd of B2B2B2B)

Feeling a bit better today because I’m back at work where loss of control is not an option!!!! I’m hanging onto the wagon by my fingertips, but………………………. I’m still here, and that’s what counts!!

@songbirdme, loving the red dress……….. spanx & 5:2……………. The new power couple!!!!! Wondering if the spanx helped with hitting any high notes???!!

@steve toon taxi driver, I close the kitchen at 7:30 and have done even before starting 5:2 a year ago, but …………………… just recently there has been some loud whispering coming from the chocolate, crisps and biscuits that live there and it gets louder and Louder and LOUDER as the evening wears on and my resolve gets LESS and Less and less!!!! Stay strong!!!!

@bigviking, you are a machine!!!!! Congrats on setting a new target, still with 10 days to go!!!! I had been looking forward to consuming vast quantities of Baileys in December (Before, during & after Xmas!!) but I saw this, particularly the bit about ‘drinks with a high fat content’

http://www.calwineries.com/learn/wine-and-health/science-of-wine-and-health/calories

http://freefitnesstips.co.uk/5-high-calorie-alcoholic-drinks/

and I freaked!!!! I can’t afford to go back THERE!!!!!! I look forward to a fruity red and I’ll donate the Baileys to the skinny friends!!!!

I’m hitting this week HARD, B2B-ing like a pro, ‘cause recent choices have been less than perfect. Stay strong everyone!!!!

Day 21, Belgium, FD

@debster251, hang in there, hows your stepson? Maybe a few NFD as you’re going through a rough patch and set yourself a day to start again? At least with 5:2 you can start over when you want, you can to this ! 🙂

@fatrabbit, well done on more weight loss!

@bigviking, how much do you walk in one go? that’s pretty impressive! don’t you feel the hunger if you’re walking long distances on a FD?

@maayyaa, that’s an impressive weight loss, congratulations! and my goodness you have some energy to to all those jobs lol !!!

congratulations on all sticking to it, this thread does help me keep on track, sorry I don’t have time to mention everyone but I’ve managed to read them all 🙂

I’m trying my first B2B, yesterday went well with salad for lunch and grilled salmon/veggies in the evening. I didn’t feel hungry this morning so decided to try a B2B, although I admit I’m feeling quite peckish now! I have some tuna and salad planned for lunch today.

Shoulder still very painful and seeing doctor for further exams tonight, the anti-inflammatory are making me feel even more hungry and I’ve started taking anti-acids 😛

Have a good day all !

Day 21, Belfast, FD

Hubby’s birthday celebrations over the weekend + grandson’s christening on Sunday = a fair bit of overindulgence. Time to reset big time this week. Water water water!!

This group has grown so much, I’m not even getting time to catch up on all the posts! But a big hi to everyone, oldies and newbies 🙂

I’ve set up a Pocket List for today – sorry if I’ve missed anyone…

***DAY 21 POCKET LIST***
    **If you want to join just copy, paste and add your name**
    **WE CAN DO THIS!**

@onahealthyhigh
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @flourbaby (2nd of B2B2B2B) WOW!!
    @StephieS
    @belfastsink

Good luck everyone today x

Day 21, South Wales, FD

Hi, joining for another FD this week as I really, really want to hit my target this month.

Oh my goodness @flourbaby the high cal alcoholic drinks link was a bit scary! So – strictly now(!)- dry til fri for me, extra FD and some controlled weekends…easy to say, so hard to do!

***DAY 21 POCKET LIST***
    **If you want to join just copy, paste and add your name**
    **WE CAN DO THIS!**

@onahealthyhigh
    @daffodil2010
    @debster251
    @flourbaby (2nd of B2B2B2B) WOW!!
    @stephies
    @belfastsink
    @lynned

PS. @daffodil2010 – glad to hear you had good results with your tests! Great news.

Viewing 50 posts - 951 through 1,000 (of 1,404 total)

You must be logged in to reply.