November 2017 Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
November 2017 Challenge

This topic contains 1,403 replies, has 122 voices, and was last updated by  Anna6 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 901 through 950 (of 1,404 total)

• Day 18 – McMinnville Oregon USA – NFD
    Yesterday was just okay food wise but too much wine! 🍷😒

Have to go shopping this afternoon for formal wedding reception attire. I’ve been avoiding buying anything new but I don’t have anything appropriate. Nothing like trying on clothes to make you realize how much more there is to loose.
    @bigviking – Stay strong, I’m wishing I’d joined the Dry Winovember……kinda sorta.
    @ CalifDreamer – Amazon was out of stock but I will keep checking.
    @mjrbcd44 – I’m with you on weighing less the day after Thanksgiving, an excellent goal. And I would count 1 slice a success. 🍕

Day 18, Gozo Malta, nfd

Thanks At for birthday wishes for my son. Yesterday was parents evening in his school and every teacher I skoke to said what good behavior he has.

Tomorrow we’re eating out instead of at our home.

Today is nfd.

Have a happy and great weekend everyone. Onwards and downwards.

Day 18 – USA – FD

@flourbaby, was also thinking of the MIA fellow fasters/maintainers and trust we will hear from everyone soon. @steffieagle, happy 5:2 anniversary! @debster251, happy birthday and many more! @toddybear, I can recommend “Cooking Keto with Kristy” which is a low-carb, healthy fat, moderate protein WOL (LCHF) that complements intermittent fasting very well. @woods_woman, good for you! @Strawberriesandcream, I agree that looser clothing seems to give the boost I need to continue; I just swapped out my summer clothing for winter and found a pair of pants that I was not able to get into for the past few years. Great feeling! @bigviking, keep on keeping on! Your determination will pay off! @onedayordayone, congrats on your dispatch of lbs! @maayyaa, I have always said it takes a special person to be a nurse, doctor, caregiver and that must be you! @bellyblast, good for you getting rid of your extra lb!

Day 18 Sarasota, Florida @steffieagle Congratulations! You inspire me to perhaps allow myself to drop below my target weight and see if that works for me. I’m at the point where, by bedtime on a CD, I feel like I’ve eaten so much, but when I record it I’m in the 700 calorie range. I think it’s that I now get to feel full so easily. We used to call that “shrinking your stomach” but does that actually happen? Anyway, clothes I haven’t worn in years but saved now fit me easily. I’m very short waisted so to not feel clothes pinching my mid-section is a great feeling. PS A cornetto is also the Italian word for croissant- it can be plain or filled with ricotta, nutella, pastry creme, or pistachio creme. When I’m in Sicily I like cafes that have tiny little ones!

@flourbaby – I will try to post photos on our same Facebook page if I can for folks to see us! Rehearsal went very well this morning, so I am pretty psyched for the concert!

@metatauta – Isn’t that wonderful to put on something that you kept around on the hope of it eventually fitting, and it DOES! I tried on a gold lame pair of holiday trousers the other day, and they are too big! I will see if I can alter them to wear this season.

@mogaman – I wonder too if our stomach actually shrinks. I think it must when you fill up sooner than you used to. Cornetto reminds me of the small trumpet called “cornet” that many students begin their music lessons with. Wikipedia says it is Italian pastry that is “brioche” in the north but “cornetto” in the south.

Day 18 – Massachusetts – NFD

Day 13 of 5:2.

My CD yesterday did not go as planned… did well all day and then last night was game night and I went out of control with the snacks and chocolate, way over my recommended intake. 🙁 I guess I was bound to hit a rough day at some point. I’m too scared to look at the scales and see how much water weight I gained back. Especially with IBS, I bloat so easily if my stomach gets upset. I may be beating myself up a little too much about this. I’m going to do my best to make healthier choices the rest of this weekend!

Day 18 NFD Oregon USA

Oh friends…reading all of your posts is really fun. Between the international cuisine I get to envision, as well as the geography stops, it’s just awesome. ❤️️

So yesterday I think I managed to skate in just below my current TDEE but that isn’t my goal weight TDEE and so,not really a “win”. The cursed “free food” got me.
    Which @flourbaby I am still smiling thinking of your thoughts on all the food types. At work everything goes on a red counter that is situated mid-floor for all. I think I simply need to adopt a no-fly zone around it. Don’t go even look… no matter what smells or staff emails alert me to what is there.

@fatrabbit I finally had to look up what a stone was in pounds–clearly you need a name change after all your work/success. 👍🏻

@bigviking @mogaman @aljomisaza Thank you for the cornetto information…understandable how it was hard to resist!

@metatauta thank you for the encouragement on LCHF–I know that I need to steer clear of refined carbs and white foods and adding that to this process will help. My hardest thing to let go is a good microbrew.

@strawberriesandcream, @missybear thanks for sharing your weigh-in only once a month strategies. And@MiracleLou I am sorry for that experience as I KNOW it would send me reeling.
    I am thinking that next month that may be my plan. Even once a week I find myself tempted to get discouraged or to feel like I deserve a “treat”.
    And yes I KNOW–all this after only two pounds lost and three weeks here. 😄 But seriously, I have some long-standing habits and issues surrounding food, combined with a lot of stress in my life and it’s more than a daily battle.

OK last thing before I leave. This is a great little product (don’t know if it’s available outside the US so if not apologize to those who can’t find) and certainly more just for convenience https://www.greengiant.com/products/detail/green-giant-riced-cauliflower-sweet-potato/
    These crumbles with some sauteed spinach in the morning and a poached egg (or two) on top with a little tobasco are my go-to breakfast.

Good choices and strength to you all.

2nd post

Happy anniversary Steffieagle.

Debater251 happy birthday, many happy remains. You’re less than six years and a half older than me. Enjoy the day with your dear ones.

Day 18 – USA – FD

@mjrbcd44, I lost only 26 lbs. in 10 months because of my “microbrew” issues, lol, so you are not alone! I would most likely be at my goal weight by now (150) if it were not for my love of light beer! It’s one of those non-negotiable things that I refuse to fully give up, and although I do LCHF, it slows my weight down. 2 lbs. in 3 weeks is still very good. Slow and steady wins the race!

Still day 18, 2nd post
    @strawberriesandcream @missybear @flourbaby thank you so much for your warm, understanding and uplifting words!! You are so right @flourbaby, it is the most important thing to not give up and keep going. I do trust in this WOL, because it is the only way that leaves me enough freedom to still enjoy my life without too much guilt and still come close to my dream weight and maybe finally reaching it 😉. I’ve calculated my TDEE of my current weight but since I am only 2 kg away from my goal, it won’t be much different.
    Perhaps I just have to be happy with the weight I have reached already and especially be happy to be able to maintain it!!! I think like you @strawberriesandcream and @missybear, only weighing at the end of the month must be my way – everything else makes my head go crazy 😵. I know, I had already decided this 2 weeks ago but… Well, I am learning from my mistakes. Oh! One month can be soooo long!
    I am so glad I am not doing this alone! Thank you again for sharing your experiences! 💐🌼

Day 18 – SW WA USA – NFD

Whoops the day is disappearing and I’m finally posting. What a glorious day weather wise – sunshine and moderate temperature! I enjoyed the Harvest Market, the music, the fresh produce once more, and freshly brewed coffee…
    Now to make some pigs-in-a-blanket to take along as an appetizer for Thanksgiving using some favorite sausage from Canada.,,

@Woods-Woman – so glad you’re sitting with your elderly friend battling cancer! That touches my heart.

@songbirdme – have a wonderful concert!

day 19 UK NFD

Day 19 Wales NFD

Quick check in, off for a walk while the sun is peeping through the clouds. Planning a healthy controlled day, FD tomorrow.

Enjoy Sunday everyone.

Day 19, London, UK NFD (CD)

Aiming for a controlled day today as I’ll be home alone and although the Xmas booze stash won’t tempt me (The power of a Dry-November!!) the crisps, biscuits and chocolate might!!!

Stay strong everyone!!!

Day 19 London UK NFD

Climbing back on the Dry November wagon, bit embarrassed but re-read Alcohol Explained this morning and think I can do it. Sorry to let down other dry winos, must try harder. My poor eating habits are closely linked to my rubbish drinking habits. Weird, that ….. I really appreciate all the kind comments people make to encourage the others. Our friends sometimes support us unconditionally but they don’t necessarily understand about fasting and make comments which aren’t very helpful.
    Have a good day everybody. Off to see Paddington2 in Fulham this evening. Should be fun.

Day 19 – Ireland 🇮🇪 -NFD

Salt and Vinegar crisps and booze yesterday leaves me with a bloat going on this morning. I will flush it away with water. I should go out for a walk but feeling lazy. I only did 3k steps yesterday so I am way behind on my step count!

Just had coffee and water this morning, plan to fast until this evening, but then there will be more wine with DH on the menu. Happy weekend 🍷

I get my cardio results early tomorrow morning so hoping for good news that the heart is ok. I feel it will be ok.

Day 19 – 🇬🇧- NFD

I had a good FD Friday – weekends are normally a challenge so amazed I didn’t sabotage it in my usual way 🍷 – Sat/Sun both CDs. Checking in & reading posts more frequently is helping 😊 just had a look at another thread – made me appreciate how lovely & supportive everyone is on these monthly challenges!!!

Day 19, UK, FD
    1st of B2B to unpick the mistakes over the last couple of days.

Day 19 Newcastle UK 🇬🇧 NFD.
    Well first week back on the 5/2 after 3 weeks off weight shot up 12.5lb. Managed to loose 4lb in my first week mostly fluid I would Guess. Unwell last week so next week start some light exercise. I’m finding the 14 hour fast between food each day works well for me with 2 fast days. It worked well when in maintenance with 1 fast day. 182lb for Christmas will be tough as I’m 196lb now. Let’s see how much I can shift. I was 188lb week before my holiday would settle for that before Christmas eve.
    I use the app tracker anyone else find it a help? All measurements and weight up on the graph not by a huge amount but helps keep me focused.

Day 19, Iceland, FD

Day 18 – Perth, Western Australia – NFD
    Day 19 – still in Perth. It was intended to be a fast day and I WAS going really well, but then the cookies ‘n’ cream ice cream happened…. Still, not all too much over

Day 19, Newcastle UK, NFD

Missing my exercise – feeling too bleurgh to do anything. Definitely a couch, blanket and catch up TV day.

On a positive note. Tried on a blouse that I spotted over two years ago – it didn’t fit then but I bought it anyway. I did wear it a week ago on Friday and it fit perfectly for the first time. It still fits perfectly today – so my non-weighing strategy is helping me at least maintain.

Looking forward to getting shot of this cold and resuming my morning exercise routine. I’ve definitely seen the toning benefits over the last month.

Keep warm and snuggle on……

Hi, every one Today is a NFD for me. I have been on this a week and completed 2 FD was not completely successful on the first one and a little bit under the 500 Calories on the second. I am in 41 yrs recovering from a serious car accident 4 1/2 years ago and live in Queensland, Australia. I have a lot of weight to lose (about 50kg)and am doing this for general health as well. Going to be ramping up my exercise as of today (20/11/2017). @jessyoursize can you please add me to the challenge. Thank you. Good luck to everyone.

Day 19 – USA – NFD
    Good FD yesterday, 447 cals…I was at 287 cals, but 2 little cheese sticks called my name and they’re 80 cals. each! Got the whoosh I was hoping for: Weigh-in was 166.4, down 1.8 lbs. since last week’s gain. Hope to reach my goal of 164 in the next 2 weeks.

Day 19. USA (Illinois) – NFD

Concert day! Excited for some great music and fun today. This is close to a record number of singers — just about 60! Many from our group go out to Chinese afterward. Hopefully one of the husbands will take photos that I can post to the Facebook page.

Will catch up on all later on!

Onward and downward.

Day 19 Canada NFD

It’s a stunning wintery day outside, looking forward to a snowy walk!

@songbirdme how exciting I’m sure you will have a wonderful time

Have a fantastic day everyone, the end of this month’s challenge is approaching. Let’s finish it with great choices as to what we eat and drink!

Oregon Day 19 NFD

Although yesterday was a NFD I totally over did it when I went out to breakfast with my husband; Luckily I’m not in the habit of doing this to often.

I’d like to incorporate some walking into my week, but I’ll have to figure out what I did with my fitbit. Honestly I have a love hate relationship with my fitbit, I use the Charge 2 and I don’t find it accurate at all. I always end up using it with my fitbit one which is far more accurate but minus the heart rate. Now if I can just remember where I put them.

Not much going on today for me which is a perfect opportunity to finish my knitting project.

Have a good one.

Day 19 NFD Aiming for low TDEE
    Oregon USA

Yesterday was fair I think I was close to current TDEE. I was attempting to use 16:8 too when I inadvertently/mindlessly ate 1/2 of a cookie 3 hrs after my cut off. 🙂

Don’t know if I have strength to add three hours to my start time today but will definitely do an 8 hour window and forge ahead to tomorrow’s FD.

Good choices and strength to you all!

Day 19 California NFD 59.7
    Day 18 NFD 60.3

Did better yesterday than Friday even though I had two pieces of pizza last night. I did buy cut fruit (melons, pineapple, strawberries and grapes) for dessert which made me feel full rather than eating more pizza. It’s good to be in the 50’s again.

@mjrbcd44, thanks for posting the link for the riced cauliflower and sweet potatoes. That looks really good. Cauliflower is easy to “rice” with a few pulses in a food processor. I wonder if the sweet potatoes would rice as easily. I’m guessing they would have to be done separately and mixed in. I bet that would be good with pumpkin pie spices too. Or stuffing spices? I’m going to try it for sure.

@simmogirl, welcome to the forum. It’s great to have you here. I’ve been doing the 5:2 since May 10th of this year and find it pretty easy to do. I’m planning on sticking with it even after I reach my goal because I feel so good without the extra weight. Hope your experience will be similar to mine. These forums are such a great resource.

Day 15 – 18/NFDs/Melbourne Australia
    Day 19/FD

Visitors arriving from interstate on Saturday so I’ve been busy Spring cleaning, gardening, shopping and preparing much to the amusement of my OH. I’m an all or nothing person. Obsessively cleaning or blissfully ignoring the need to clean my house . I have better things to do. Luckily my OH keeps things under control.

Pocket winos pleased to announce I have more dry days then wine days but still enjoying a 🍷or🍷🍷and 🧀 over the weekend. Together with fasting 1 day a week, 16:8 most days I’m comfortably staying under goal. A reminder to myself, my journey:

September 2014 – 74.3kg (starting weight, BMI over 29 – goal to reboot health.) Dress size: Australian 12-14. Height 5’1″
    April 2015 – 59kg (goal)
    July 2015 – 54.5kg ( lowest weight, not quite sustainable)
    March 2016 – 56kg (happy weight)
    January 2017 – 58.7kg (whoops)
    Feb 2017 – 57.2kg (reboot – onwards and downwards). Joined the February challenge.
    March 2017 – 56.6 kg
    Today’s weight – 57kg, dress size Australian XS or size 8. Thank you my virtual friends for keeping me on track. I’m really happy with my progress and staying under goal. 57kg appears to be my comfortable weight.

Rather amused to read reports of the new CICO diet that is supposedly taking the world by storm. It’s supposedly easy to follow and allows people to eat whatever they like and still lose weight. It’s calories in calories out. The advice is to count calories. I’ve lost track of the number of times I tried a version of it to lose over the past 40 years only to rebound because counting calories every day was not sustainable and did my head in. So glad I listened to Dr Mosley.

Welcome @simmogirl and any new members I’ve missed. Missing some old friends hopefully you’re hanging around and we’ll see you in future challenges.

Day 19, Gozo Malta, nfd

We ate out and my son cut the cake I ordered for him this afternoon.

I might have gone over tdee today. I had pasta with chorizo as a starter and half roasted duck as main. Then skipped dessert but had some chocolate. This afternoon I had a slice of red velvet cake and I’m already in the bedroom so won’t eat anything more tonight.

Tomorrow is the start of B2B2B fast days for my husband and I.

Good night everyone. Onwards and downwards, stay strong everyone.

Day 19 after 3 days of Gastroenteritis I have decided to abandon the 5:2 this month until I get better. Hopefully I will be back for the December challenge. Wishing everyone Good luck for the rest of the month.
    Remember Together you are stronger 💪💪💪💪💪

Day 19 Sarasota, Florida CD @molij Feel better and we look forward to seeing you in December! I’ll have to forego a couple of things I’d like to have on this relaxing Sunday- wine and gelato. But, having had a cheeseburger mid-day and pre-entered my (light) dinner. I’ve already reached my 6000 calorie range for the week. That’s been working so well for me I know I can postpone those desires.

Day 19 – Massachusetts – NFD

Yesterday’s NFD went fine.

Unfortunately today I am eating out for lunch and dinner so probably will be too many calories. Really looking forward to my fast day tomorrow!

Haven’t checked in for a few days, but I’m still here! Fasting today, and then again on Tuesday.

Hope everyone’s doing well.

Day 19, NFD, Germany
    Already 9pm here… My day went well! 3 meals, no sugar (even though I had to sell cake today at the soccer match 💪).
    Also with my kids it was much better than in the last two weeks! I got some new ideas on how to behave different and more constructive – felt good and so much more sound and adult!!!
    I’ll have a nice FD tomorrow! Looking forward to it 😊

Day 19 Belfast NFD

Thank you all so much for all your good wishes. I’ve just returned from a weekend, where I overindulged and was thoroughly spoilt. I’m truly feeling well loved💕
    @maayyaa, you’re truly a busy lady! Well done on your new job. You’re doing a very worthy job.
    @Strawberriesandcream and @Molij- hope you’re both on the mend. Xo
    @metatauta – definitely when I think of how my grannie was at 60. I danced the night away on Saturday night like a 30 year old!
    @woods_woman it was my OH who put me onto the 16:8 routine. He is type 1 diabetic and his blood sugars are much more stable only eating 2 meals a day.
    @mjrbcd44 a Cornetto is delicious
    Here’s a link to an old ad!
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=biL6zAMkOQs
    @at what a wealth of great motivational quotes you have at your finger tips!
    @songbirdme – please post the link to your ‘red dress’ page!
    @daffodil2010 I’ll be thinking of you as you get your results. Xo
    Welcome @simmogirl this forum is a great place to be.

I’m looking forward to a good FD tomorrow to make up for all those excesses.

The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.

Day 20. London UK FD.

Day 20 – Japan – FD 83.6kg #7

I’m calling it #7 because the fast I did before going to China was too short, just 20 hours.

I got back this weekend. I haven’t read any threads, so I’m way behind. In China I was very busy but the hotel room had a scale and I was consistently under 82kg. Then as soon as I’m back my weight is over 83kg. This is the second time this has happened and it could be the hotel scales are set a little low to encourage people to eat there?

Day 19 – SW WA USA – NFD

Catching up on posts on this restful Sunday.

Together we are stronger!

Still day 19

@debster251 – I’m glad you’re feeling wonderful after your celebratory weekend! I enjoyed the old Cornetto ad. I know it as a drumstick; an ice-cream treat I’ve enjoyed from time to time.

@onahealthyhigh – thank you for recapping your journey. Did you lose it all with 5:2? I see you joined the forum challenges in Feb 2017. Were you doing 5:2 on your own until then?

Day 21 NZ FD Sorry folks haven’t caught up with posts very well. Went down with a nasty virus last Thursday and spent a couple of days in bed but bounced back yesterday and went to see Handel’s Messiah which some of our choir were participating in. It was amazing. @songbirdme is it a choir that you belong too? I am part of a community choir and we have a concert on Friday evening. Really looking forward to it. I love singing it is so good for the soul. Have a great day everyone.

The concert could not have gone better! I was thrilled with everything: the choir, the handbells, the audience, the accolades and offering! I will try to get photos posted to the Facebook page as I am able.
    Thank you to everyone for your kind wishes!

2nd post
    @annemarilyn
    I lost all my weight doing the basic 5:2 by myself. I found the forum after I had reached goal. I was an original member of @coda‘s challenges but had a break till February this year. I found fasting very easy whilst working but it’s taken some time to find a satisfactory rhythm since retirement. Hence I rejoined in February for the support and motivation.

@songbirdme congratulations

@songbirdme, where is your FB page? Would love to see the pictures.

Day 15,16,17,18,19 – all NFD
    Day 20 – FD
    Was overseas for work so found it a little tricky. Back on track now.

Day 20, UK, FD
    2nd day of B2B. Weight @ 78.8kg this morning (BMI @ 22.5) which is a new low.

Today it is 8 months to the day since I embraced this WOL. 27.7kg in 8 months is an average loss of just undr 3.5kg per month. At times it has been easy. At times it has been hard. But if I can do it, then anyone can. Especially with the fantastic support and friendship from all of you on this forum and particularly on the monthly challenge threads! Thank you one and all.

I want to get my BMI below 22 (76.9kg), so a range of 75-77kg is the target. Hopefully I’ll get there in the next few weeks. Then the real work of maintenance will start, which probably will mean normal 5:2.

Onwards and downward!

Day 20 UK FD

Well done Big Viking on eight months and a new low 🙂

Day 20 Newcastle UK 🇬🇧 FD
    I started this wol around the same time as you Bigviking. It’s been a great success for me so far. It really is a wol and not a diet. Although I’ve put weight on over my Holiday I’m not concerned at all as I will shift most of it before Christmas. Keep at it people

Day 20, Newcastle UK, ??

Congratulations on your concert @songbirdme and your excellent results @bigviking.

Welcome @simmogirl to our international family of monthly challengers. We’ll look forward to getting to know you.

@debster251 & @pamie – singing and dancing – just the best for the soul!

Should be an FD today, but may not happen. Still intending to do two days of helping out on Operation Shoebox as soon as I can kick this cold into touch. I’ll probably do FDs then.

Keep on keeping on. Together we are Stronger.

Viewing 50 posts - 901 through 950 (of 1,404 total)

You must be logged in to reply.