November 2017 Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
November 2017 Challenge

This topic contains 1,403 replies, has 122 voices, and was last updated by  Anna6 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 851 through 900 (of 1,404 total)

• Day 17, Cornwall – UK

My weekly Friday weigh-in today and another 0.8kg down, total 2.4kg down so far for the November Challenge. I’m doing better in this group than on my own – so thanks all.

As this has to be a permanent WOL I have been reading about how long it takes to embed new habits. 16 weeks apparently (I think longer for some of us!)

Time for a new habit:
    6 months ago – started yoga
    4 months ago – started 5:2 plus Mediterranean diet
    Today – at least 30mins exercise on fast days – will let you know if it sticks in 4 months time…

@at – you are an inspiration – thanks so much for sharing your journey
    @woods-woman – will be good to hear how you get on – I’ve been thinking of trying 16:8 on NFDs at times when my weight gets stuck.

Day 17, Belgium, NFD

@debster251, happy birthday for tomorrow !! (I won’t be online lol). Yes, the situation is disastrous in Yemen and so many other countries… My brother works in the humanitarian field and I can tell you no food goes to waste in his house, it drives him (rightly) bonkers! You’ve got to wonder why we can’t sort it out with so much mass production of food in some countries 🙁 Congratulations over loosing so much weight, there seems to be quite a few of us on the other side of 40 here and it’s nice to see so many having good results whatever the age 🙂

@strawberriesandcream, good luck with that cold 🙁

@bigviking, work travelling never seems to be good for the waistline I find, too much running around, different foods and another routine put the body out of wack!

@daffodil2010, Cold weather is certainly creeping in!! Although you’re more up north than us we’ll be getting here too soon! I need to buy some more winter clothes but I refuse as long as I don’t loose some of the extra weight !

@maayyaa, congratulations on your new job, I admire people like you who take on the challenge to take care of people with mental illnesses, it can be so hard on families. I hope all goes well ! I volunteer for a patient’s association (auto-immune illnesses), and it’s already quite exhausting sometimes but so rewarding

Yesterday’s FD went well, just over at 540, green juice at lunch, some veggies and grilled salmon in the evening. Quite satisfying!

Today, just taking it easy, Had croissants for breakfast but going for a green juice at lunch to compensate. Going out tonight with friends so I’m not sure how that will go but probably not brilliant calories wise lol

Have a good day 🙂

Oh and I forgot, I got out my exercise bike and I’ve started doing some HIT in the morning, I found some beginner HIT cycling training videos on Youtube, amazing what you can find on there lol

Day 17, London, UK, FD

Quick post before pilates, thought I’d make this a B2B because today I should be too busy to eat.

@mjrbcd44, I love a good whoosh!!! This article @coda posted a while ago explains all…….

http://100down.org/the-whoosh-effect/

@strawberriesandcream, I hope the guests took their treats with them, that’s what I do anyway!!!! Madeira is a fabulous green island with fantastic levada walks, wine and food…… you’ll love it!!!! I’ve been there twice, ’15 + ‘16 and although I ate and drank like my old self, because this was pre-5:2, I only ‘reacquired’ 4lbs in 2 weeks, lots of walking helped.

I hope everyone has a good day whether fasting or remaining controlled!!!

Day 17 – 🇬🇧- FD

Working a long shift today, keeping busy should distract me on my second fast this week

@debster251 – happy birthday if not 🍰 then definitely 🎁 have a wonderful day!

Day 17 Wales NFD

This month is going so quickly and I feel like some more fat has melted away. Wore jeans this week that were snug the last time I wore them and they were loose on the waist and thighs……happy days!

Have a successful day everyone.

Day 16 North Wales FD
    Day 17 FD

Two very successful FDs as I finally came down with the 🤢 bug. I have been in bed for two days. 😥

Day 17, FD, Germany
    I learned from my lunch desaster from yesterday and had my soup for lunch today prepared before work. I skipped breakfast (as always on my FDs) and just had a very nice, hot and filling bowl of tomatoe soup right now (2pm). I think soup is what really works best for me at the moment on my FDs. I might fix myself the same for dinner even…
    Does it count as LFD if I only have soup for lunch and dinner? What are the advantages of liquid fasting for those of you who are doing that regularly?
    @flourbaby thanks for the whoosh link – found that very interesting!
    Stay strong everyone, together we can do it!!! 💪😊👍

Day 17 Akron OH 2nd B2B2B FD.

Have a great weekend and my best to you all 🙂

Day 17 – Massachusetts – CD

Thanks for the well-wishes. Interview yesterday went well! But they took me out to lunch and I ate too many carbs and gained 2 pounds in water weight. 🙁 Today I will aim for a CD! I may even be busy enough that it turns into a FD, but no promises.

Last interview today and then I can finally relax for the holiday. Good luck all.

Day 17 USA (Illinois) NFD

Going to do a 16:8 day today. It is so hard for me to do a FD on an exercise day. I’m off to Silver Sneakers (SS) shortly.

@cornish-jane – our SS teacher was talking about making new habits at class the other day. She said it takes 21 days of the new trait to really kick in. However long it takes, new GOOD habits are worthwhile to achieve.

@molij – so sorry you’re ailing! Bugs are just no fun at all. Hope you’re feeling chipper soon.

@leggit – I understand fully about water weight gain. I love salt (snacks, food) and really notice it after a particularly salty day!

Onward and downward.

Day 17 Newcastle UK 🇬🇧 NFD.
    NFD yesterday my day was controlled right up until about 9 o’clock where I had to have a bowl of cereal and then go back and have another two Weetabix lol.
    How am I so strong on fast days and so weak on non fasting days? 😭
    @stephies. It’s a long Winter we all need a bit of sunshine. I was in Bruges last year just for the day on our way to Copenhagen, Helsingborg, and Oslo. I’ve got to say it Bruges is a beautiful place and the people were very friendly.
    @songbirdme. I remember a long time ago Concorde flew into Newcastle and everybody came out to watch it fly in. I live right on the airport flight path it was a beautiful sight fabulous plane, they’ll never build them like that again.
    @strawberriesandcream. We managed to get a photograph of four cruise ships in a row. Norwegian Dawn, Britannia, Mein schiff and Independence of the Seas. There must have been over 20,000 people coming off those ships in Antigua on that day. We’ve booked quite a lot through vision Cruise and also igloo there are lots of sites out there and you can really find some great deals. I spoke to people at our dining table who had paid 500 + more than us. To be diplomatic I didn’t tell them what we paid Lol. just said something similar. Vision Cruise have a dedicated channel on Sky but I can’t remember what number it is.

Day 17 – USA – NFD

Good FD yesterday, although I broke my own rules about going up to and over 500…605 in total yesterday. I made a batch of low-carb, sugar-free peanut butter cups and HAD to have one towards the end of the day. That’s what I get for having a carb-laden 2 days earlier in the week (pizza/beer). It lets the dragon out! @debster251, I think 63 is the new 50, don’t you, lol? @molij, hope you feel better.

Day 17 – ABQ – NFD

Yesterday stayed very controlled, well within TDEE. We had stuffed bell peppers again and they were DELICIOUS! I’d say they are becoming one of my new favorite meals. Though I would usually eat 2, last night I ate one and just under half of the second one. I was just full. My husband thought I was crazy, but I just couldn’t possibly have eaten one more bite.

How is it already the weekend before American Thanksgiving already?! I’ve got so much to do and so much prepping before we fly out to Houston on Wed. evening! Things are about to get even more hectic than normal. I love my DH’s family, but sometimes they are so nice that it’s frustratingly impossible to get things done. I’m a make a decision and do it kind of person, and they are very… not lol. At least we all get along, I know many families where the spouse can’t stand the in-laws or the other way around. I know I’m lucky but still, haha. I may be on and off here for the next week as a heads up!

@debster251 – Happy Early Birthday!!

Day 17, Mountaintop PA USA, NFD

Today marks my first anniversary following the Fast 5:2 protocol of Intermittent Fasting. After walking with my Fitbit for nearly 3 years and losing 32 pounds, I had maintained at 158 for a year and thought that was it for me. One year later I have lost an additional 18 pounds and am enjoying my 140 lb weight and sizes 8-10. I only lost 1.5 lbs average per month with Fast 5:2, but following the program of two fast days per week adds up.

Consistency pays off to all those new to this WOL. I enjoy Mediterranean style food including lots of fresh fruit, vegetables and full fat dairy. The routine gets easier every month and the rewards are outstanding. I will keep up with two FDs a week and enjoy maintenance and continued health.

Congratulations to all fasters for sticking to the program.

Day 17 Canada NFD

Good FD yesterday, I must say it felt like more effort than it has in the past.

@awilson sounds like a fabulous night- isn’t it great that we can do that on 5:2

@woods_woman welcome back

@califdreamer @aljomisaza so close!!

@strawberriesandcream hope the nasty cold moves on quickly

@debster251 happy birthday

@cornish-jane well done on the loss and thinking long range about hablits

@missybear happy days are pretty good motivators aren’t they!

@steffieagle WOW that’s amazing weight loss. A great reminder that we shouldn’t get caught up in how fast we are losing the lbs, it’s a WOL that works!

Have a wonderful day fasting or eating!!!

Day 17 FD Portland Oregon

Thank you all for the warm welcome, it’s a pleasure to be with good like minded folks. Bare with me as I learn the ends and outs of the Forum & this WOE. It’s nice to have a place to bounce things off others.

I’m wondering if any of you have partners that join you in this WOE? I’m really hoping to get my husband on board with me. I worry about his weight and know he would benefit from Fasting as well. I don’t pressure him but I do bring up the benefits, so I’m trying to plant the seed. Not to mention we love to eat together so if he were joining me all the better, and less chance of sabotage.

I’ve completed 2 fast days this week, but I’m feeling so good I’m throwing another one in today.

@steffieagle Congratulations my friend, and what an inspiration.

Day 17 – Cumbria UK – FD

A dull damp autumn day here but not especially cold!

Stayed in this morning and watched the T20 Women’s Cricket Ashes series between England and Australia – a brilliant win for Australia with a brilliant knock by Beth Mooney meaning the Ashes stay with Australia – wonder if the story will be repeated between the men😉 The Rugby 7 was not bad either – Valentine Holmes scored a record five tries!!!

Had a facial booked for this afternoon – the nicest way to spend a grey and wet afternoon – skin feels wonderful and I’m very relaxed – certainly distracted me completely from food……

@strawberriesandcream and @molij – hope you feel better soon – colds at this time of the year can be nasty things x
    @anna6 – Happy 16th birthday to your son and enjoy the family celebrations on Sunday
    @leggit – good luck with your final interview – hope you get the job you want
    @yirrakurl – no judgement on this forum – feel free to “rant” whenever you want – You know this WOL works as you did it before – can I suggest just going back to following the basic principles and check that you are not under estimating your calorie intake – We have got you 🤗
    @woods_woman – Welcome to the November Challenge – I follow a 16:8 daily pattern with 2 FDs each week and lost weight and have kept it off for nearly a year now and never feel deprived because I know I can eat/drink whatever I’m missing out on today tomorrow and often when tomorrow comes I don’t feel like having it anymore 😋
    @camcd – As you say at least you now know what is wrong and why you were not feeling right – take care of yourself 🤗
    @emma Taylor – welcome back from Venice – such a lovely city
    @maayyaa – long working days for you and I’m sure those under your care will appreciate your help and support – looking after elderly patients with dementia requires such patience and understanding xx
    @debster251 – Wishing you the happiest of Birthdays for tomorrow 💐🎂🥂🎁🎈
    @missybear – well done – such a nice feeling when tight clothes suddenly feel comfortable or even loose!!!!
    @steffieagle – 💃 for this WOL

Great job by those shedding lbs/kg and those maintaining.

For those who are struggling at the moment “Never give up on a dream – Just because of the time it will take to accomplish it – The time will pass anyway” Earl Nightingale

“Rivers know this: there is no hurry. We shall get there some day.” Winnie the Pooh

Day 17 California NFD

Good FD yesterday and hit a new low weight for 5:2. This morning my scale said 59.3 kg or 130.7 lbs. Only 1.3 kg to go reach my goal.

@woods_woman, my OH is already thin and not as inclined to gain weight as I am. I do much more snacking than he does. But he’s very sympathetic to my 5:2 efforts and will settle for leftovers or a Subway sandwich on my FDs.

@bellyblast, I think it takes more effort lately too. I think it’s this time of the year with all the candy and rich food being advertised and in stores. I can hardly look at recipe sites without seeing pictures of something sweet and gooey!

Happy Birthday, @debster251 🎂!

Day 17 UK
    Day 5 for me and my third FD – I plan NFDs on Saturday and Sunday

I am really looking forward to my weigh in on Monday – this all feels very positive so I hope my optimism is showing on the scales too. I haven’t had any ‘non scale victories’ just yet but as I said I’m hopeful that these will come.

It is so good to hear from members who are maintaining and are still interested in contributing to the forum – that too I think is a great positive for the plan.

Day 17 – McMinnville Oregon USA – NFD

@daffodil2010 – I don’t think they sell Dr Stuart’s teas in the US. I will visit our heath food store and see if they have something like it. I would like to try it out.
    @aljomisaza – You are so close, you can do this!!
    @camcd – You are right, knowing what’s going on is best, then you can deal with it.
    @mogaman – Good job on sticking with the seltzer!!
    @emma Taylor – Welcome back. I love Venice and there are some amazing places to eat!! Lots of walking may have saved you!!
    @mjrbcd44 @woman_wood @annemarilyn – Portland is such a foodie town, I’m not surprised we’ve found our way to this fantastic international forum.
    @Strawberriesandcream – Sorry about the cold, drink lot’s of liquids. 😀
    @cornish-jane – Congrats on another 0.8kg down!!
    @maayyaa – Congrats on the new job!! Two jobs sounds like a hand full!!
    @miraclelou – Sometimes I find a LF easier because I don’t eat anything at all, on a regular FD once I start eating I can go a little overboard.
    @steffieagle – Happy 1 year anniversary, you are an inspiration.

@STRAWBERRIESANDCREAM. ( IGLU CRUISES )
    Caribbean Transatlantic from Barbados
    Date: 09 March 2018 – 14 nightsCruise line:P&O Cruises Cruise ship:Azura Cruise type:
    Fly Cruise
    Offer Free Spend With Select Fare or Lower Prices With Saver FaresPorts: Fly UK/Barbados / Bridgetown, Barbados / Bridgetown, Barbados / Castries, St. Lucia / Basseterre, St. Kitts.
    £877 PP NOT SURE I’d like to do the cruise in reverse

@daffodil2010 thank you for the tea info. If I can’t find the brand, I will look for something similar. Have a great weekend.

Stupid Dry Winovember😡 December 1st can’t come soon enough! 🥂🍺🍻🍸🥃🍷

Day 17 NFD Oregon USA

Weigh-in day. Up 1 pound☹️ but still down two overall. Probably knew it was coming after the week I had, and I guess I should be happy it’s still down from November 1.
    I did have a great thought after that which was–I really want NEXT Friday (the day after Thanksgiving) to show that pound gone again. For some reason it being the day after seems like it would be a real victory so I’m going to work hard at making it happen.

@debster251 Happy Birthday🎉–your story is a great one too and inspiring to those of us just starting out.
    @steffieeagle Happy anniversary and congratulations!! What a great success story. 👍🏻

@Strawberriesandcream; @flourbaby–thank you both for the link on Whooshing. Loved it and certainly makes sense to me. Of course I’m going to try to ignore that whole “cheat meal” but hope that the fluid where fat used to be is true.

@awilson–Sadly I don’t think my weight is because I’m trying enough of all the great food here in Portland–though you are right it is a great foodie town. However being the microbrew capital of the US might have more to do with my current waistline. 😳

To those of you who are struggling…I feel your pain. I hear voices in my head telling me that I won’t succeed, that I’ll just end up gaining the weight back, etc. etc. I come into this forum and it helps me remember that I have to stay with it.
    The rewards will come when and if I do the work for the long run and I truly believe that in my core.

I am looking forward to the whole week of Thanksgiving off work which will be soooo
    nice. I plan on getting more exercise and doing my FD’s on Monday and probably Friday as my usual Thursday just won’t work next week. 🍗🍷😊

Good choices and strength to you all.

Day 17 – Iceland – FD

480 kcal so far today, going to bed now as I can feel the hunger brewing…
    Really inspired reading all your stories, the best motivation possible!

Day 17 – USA – NFD

Second post – @Mjbcd44, thought I would comment on your “whoosh” article comments…remember the article said that the process of “whooshing” made sense because of the 1st law of thermodynamics? Well, it’s the same conclusion you can reach if you eat foods that decrease the amount of insulin in your body. If you research LCHF type foods, or even ketogenic foods, which is a stricter way of eating than LCHF, you will feel satiated all the time, you will not gain weight. And you will lose your cravings for sweets and “white” foods that let the carb demons out. I’ve been doing it from Jan. 2017 until now, and lost 26 lbs. and counting. I hope this helps.

@steffieagle – Happy Anniversary to you! ♫♪♫♪ Terrific progress indeed!

Hi. Thanks for the messages. It’s good to be back. I usually love Venice and I loved being there but we stayed in a different place this time and I wasn’t keen. Dark, cold and a bit damp. Hey ho. You live and learn.
    I thought the whooshing article was fascinating. Thanks for the link. That explains a lot.
    Great to be part of such a lovely group. Hope everybody has a good day. Got to get back on track now. Bye.

It’s official! I make stupid eating decisions😡 Tonight it was almonds, cashews, pizza and a cornetto (just one… I’ll get my coat). Sat here feeling stuffed and wondering WHY I can’t engage brain?!?

Hopefully tomorrow will be controlled, but Sunday & Monday will have to be B2B FDs.

@bigviking

What is a cornetto? It sounds fabulous. I’m right there with you. Here I was feeling all proud of myself at work this afternoon having had a small salad and hard-boiled egg whites for lunch when what do I start smelling? PIZZA! I work for a radio station and one of our clients (a pizza restaurant) BROUGHT IN a little pizza oven and was baking them here for the on-air staff to eat and talk about. But of course they had extra for the rest of us. It was like working in a pizza restaurant around here!! Really?? What was I supposed to do. And THEN…someone had the nerve to throw on a full platter of cupcakes beside it all.

I had one slice of pizza and a finger of frosting/bite of cupcake and threw it away.

I considered it semi-successful. But really? Why when there is “free” food can I not just WALK ON BY?

Day 17 – SW WA USA – NFD

Posting kind of late in the day. Just caught up on posts. Great encouragement! @steffieagle – Happy 1st anniversary of 5:2!

@Mjrbc44 – it’s great to several of us 5:2ers in the same geographical area & that we found our way to this international forum!

@debster251 – Happy B-day on Saturday! May it be special!

Have a great weekend! Together we are stronger!

Hi everyone…. I have been asked for my Christmas list (I hate it as I love surprises!!) however, I wondered if any of you have used any good cookery books for ideas to support 5:2…. any thoughts welcome – Thank you

Day 18 UK NFD

On Thursday I just couldn’t stop eating, but today I am down to ten and a half stone having not been hungry at all yesterday. I am not sure what my body is up to but at least I am not gaining! Presumably my nice round maintenance number is not quite right and it remains to be seen what the actual number will be…

Happy Birthday Debster :))

Day 18, NFD, 6
    @debster251 happy birthday!!! 🎉🎉😀🎁🍀
    I wish you a very special day!
    Hey everyone! I couldn’t stop myself this morning from stepping on the scale(even though I wanted to wait until the end of November) … And my weight was exactly the same as on the first day of November 😣
    Of course I am quite disappointed now, and instead of having my muesli for breakfast which is a save thing for me, I had bread, cheese, avocado and cucumber… Well, I just read the whoosh article and am hoping that there is a little whoosh for me, too next week! It also might have to do with my hormones at the moment…
    Hmmm… Would it have been better not weighing in? Or is it better for me to see that and this means that I have to be more careful on my NFDs??
    Have a good weekend everyone!!

Day 18, Newcastle UK, NFD

Thanks for all the messages of sympathy re my cold. Viruses are such a waste of time!! I was meant to be volunteering on Operation Shoebox on Thursday/Friday. Now planning for two days next week. I’m totally behind on posts so apologies for my lack of input ATM.

@STTD, Go for it! I know you’ll feel the same that we are incredibly fortunate (and we’ve worked hard too) to be able to enjoy cruises and sometimes it feels not right when so many are suffering in the world. But we shouldn’t lose sight of the fact that paying guests are crucial for the countless jobs provided by the cruise industry and the contribution to economies visited.

@miraclelou – my experience this month has been better as a result of not weighing. I have lifted a lot of self imposed pressure and am more aware of how I feel in my clothes. I’ve found I’m not thinking of food anywhere near as much and my self sabotage devil is losing the battle.

Enjoy your birthday weekend with family @debster251.

Day 18, UK, FD

Yay! Despite my stupidity with the pizza and nuts lasr night, my weight stayed the same 👍 Presumably something to do with the 20.8km of walking I managed to get in yesterday. I’m still feeling full, so won’t break my fast until tea time. And then hopefully I will manage to stay controlled!

@mjrbcd44 a Cornetto is an icecream cone. Mine was toffee icecream 😉

Day 18 Wales NFD

@debster251 – Happy Birthday 🎂

@miraclelou – I had a similar weigh in experience in my first month of 5:2 and it made me want to give up and binge, so now I weigh me only at the end of each monthly challenge, that way I’m only seeing the downward trend on the scales and in the meantime I feel the real difference in the way my clothes fit. Keep with it, the scales cannot be trusted, our body weight just fluctuates so much.

Enjoy the weekend everyone.

Day 18 – Cumbria UK – NFD

An excellent FD yesterday (287cals) weight this morning stable at 54kg/119lbs

Going out for brunch with OH soon to break my fast – it will be to our favourite place for their sourdough toast with avocado and poached eggs and a sprinkling of feta and a flat white – looking forward to that!

Brunch will set me up for a volunteering afternoon helping run the cafe at our local parish centre where there is a craft fair – usually busy!

@califdreamer – you are going great – nearly there! your OH is like mine in being very understanding of this WOL for me as he has seen how much I have gained from following it for the past 2 years – he is a fell runner who only eats healthy but he does share my passion for a bit of a good cake and a coffee!!!!

Hope everyone has a great weekend enjoying life – OH is calling that he is ready and hungry so off to brunch now

“Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow” Albert Einstein
    AND
    Especially for anyone struggling at the moment “SETBACKS ARE JUST SETUPS FOR COMEBACKS”

Day 18 Newcastle UK 🇬🇧 NFD
    To have a drink or keep it to a coffee while Newcastle play Man United this afternoon 😕

Day 18 Dublin Ireland CFD Down another .4kg. Slow and steady wins s the race!!

Day 18 NFD Brisbane, Australia

@debster251 Happy Birthday May your blessings be plentiful and your worries be few.

@woods_woman My DH was a skeptic at first, but then I got him to watch the BBC Horizon program with Michael Mosley “Eat, Fast and Live Longer” now he is totally on board..he has lost 8 kgs and talks doing 5:2 to others.

@mjrbcd44 Why does free food always seem more appealing? Why is it so much harder to say no thanks to something for free? BTW a cornetto in Australia is a waffle cone with flavoured ice cream in it…very delicious! I am guessing it is the same elsewhere??

@awilson and @bellyblast Thanks for the encouragement, I am determined to get there. It’s funny how now if I go over 71kgs I “panic” that I am putting on weight…each week my normal weight reduces a little and becomes the “new norm” I hope that makes sense, it makes perfect sense in my head 😊

@jessyoursize my fingers are crossed for you. Such an exciting time!

Stay strong everyone.

Day 18……NY……NFD

Sorry I’ve been MIA, the last couple days. I was able to get all my business crap taken care of, saw a bunch a people I haven’t seen and affirmed why I no longer live here. It’s too darn cold! I’ve also noticed that it get really dark super fast. At home, I still can be outside in the garden around 5:30 and see with out any additional light, here at 5:30, I need the patio light to get to the car.
    Food wise….. no FD’s but no major snacking attacks. I have bought my favorite candy, I can only get here but I’ve only had two pieces so far. We actually eating out for every meal, so that may play a factor in some weight gain.
    Just from experience, home cooked meals tend to be lower in calories than restaurant food even if it’s the same darn thing.
    I head back home tomorrow morning at the crack of dawn, today, I’m just gonna hang out with my MIL, and get packed up. I will also be catching up with some posts. Got to make sure my 5:2 family is well…….

I do not have ducks 🦆
    I do not have rows!
    I have monkeys 🐒 and they’re running the circus!

Day 18 USA (Illinois) NFD

Good 16:8 day yesterday. Maintaining well.
    Off to dress rehearsal for our concert. Stay strong, everyone —
    Onward and downward

Day 18 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Late night with the girls, lots of prosecco and red wine consumed, a Dr Stuart’s Liver Detox tea was taken this morning 😄

Have a good weekend all

@at….. intrigued as to the location of the …..sourdough toast with avocado and poached eggs and a sprinkling of feta and a flat white…..sounds delicious…. We are south of the lakes but we do try to get out and about for the special treat every now and again…. not sure why the treats always seem to hinge around food though?!!!

Day 18, London, UK, FD

Late check-in and I’ve finally caught up on your posts!!

@maayyaa, I applaud you for your efforts to help those suffering from such an evil disease.

@molij, ‘Yeah!!!!’ bug for making your 2 FDs easier……………….but ‘Booooo!!!!’ bug for making you feel bad!!!!

@debster251 Happy Birthday, enjoy spending time with your ‘little boys’!!!!

@bigviking, at least you stayed strong and swerved the booze!!! Your recent post have been a rollercoaster, but your currently on the climb up at least!!!

@miraclelou, whatever you do. DO NOT LOSE FAITH!!! It takes some time for the body to adapt to a new routine, yes your NFDs may be higher than you think (Have you calculated TDEE for your goal weight or current weight?- you need to get used to being satiated with goal TDEE) I’m a daily weigh-er, as it’s the only way I come close to staying in control and allows me to see what works and more importantly, where I’ve gone wrong!!!

@mjrbcd44 my theory goes like…………. ‘Free food’ – Well, thanks very much, ‘Food on special offer’ – what a bargain I must buy it ALL, ‘Leftover food’ – waste not, want not, ‘New food’ – I’ve never had that, I must try it ALL; this is where the brain re-training comes in, after ‘walking on by’ a few times you’ll get used to patting yourself on the back and a happy habit would have been formed!!!

@songbirdme, will we see the red dress on the same website as the floral one we saw earlier in the year??

Still thinking of fellow fasters MIA – @coda (still lurking??), @brightonbelle (praying for your sister), @lynzm,
    @okeydokey, @lindasue, @penz, @ Liathanail, @ In it to thin it (hols?), Is @redrockgirl302 still indulging in sacre torte in Vienna? Hoping you guys are all ok and fasting like the pro’s you are!!!!!

We’ve got this people, the mojo might take a little break now and then but we have the tools to make this work……. so it will ALWAYS return!!!!

Day 17 Canada NFD

I feel like I’m back in the saddle!
    Just under my current goal weight- 58.9kg
    Considering all the amazing food I’ve eaten on holiday that’s a big win.
    I’m going to try and loose some more fat, there is still a bit lurking around my waist. Hopefully getting back to regular FD’s and some 16:8 will make that happen.

@califdreamer. Yup the cold weather is making the FD’s a bit more of a challenge. I stayed inside all day on my last fast and seemed to be drawn to the kitchen. Yesterday was a NFD, I was out all day and didn’t feel at all tempted to eat. Must work on a winter strategy for fasting!!

Portland Oregon Day 18 NFD

My FD went very well yesterday, I was away from home much of the day which helped. I’ve been helping an elderly friend who has cancer he’s 91 it’s amazing the things you learn from the elderly when you just sit and listen.

I’m down 1 lb and I’m very pleased. I’m taking the weekend off and then picking up a FD on Monday. It’s been a gr8 week back.

Viewing 50 posts - 851 through 900 (of 1,404 total)

You must be logged in to reply.