Momentous March

This topic contains 420 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by  AT 2 years ago.

Viewing 34 posts - 401 through 434 (of 434 total)

• Day 29 16:8 CD

Busy as a bee here. Had a nice fast day and got out for a walk yesterday in addition to my usual hoop exercise but that did put me behind schedule, lol. Never enough time to do EVERYTHING! 😄 Doibg my best. And trying not to stress!

@stitchincarol – last time I saw most of these folk I will be seeing I was about 15 on heavier, not >40 lb heavier. So I’m not anticipating comments. And I’m quite glad for that, they don’t need the image of me borderline obese in their memories, now do they!

Also, @stitchincarol, I for one am glad you posted your struggles and thoughts. I can relate, and find it quite helpful to know that I’m not alone in such things!

Warm wishes to all!

Day 29 Ohio, US — NFD

Ordinary meals today, but had some sort of allergic reaction this morning, so it’s been a slow day. I forced myself to start a walk this afternoon and by the end of the walk (30 minutes) I was feeling much better. This evening there’s been a lot of sinus pain, so maybe that old infection is trying to get a foothold again.

@daffodil2010 I can empathize with you about sinuses that are acting up!

@funshipfreddie You’re right about the gloom and violence! The Wheel of Time series on Amazon isn’t quite so bad, but it also is so dark that I only watch it when there is no stress in my life at all! Of course, that hasn’t been too much recently!

@stitchincarol One of my “building block” meals is a 90-calorie meal, usually coupled with a half cup of cow’s milk or soy milk, for 40 calories. On a fast day I assemble my building blocks to get up to the number of calories I’m going for on that day. I’ve gotten used to eating 5 small meals a day, even on non-fast days, so I keep that pattern up on fast days. Breakfast, lunch, tea, and night snack are all one building block each, and supper is two. So on a MFD (or F800) I have 6 blocks for 780 calories. Probably no one else does this — but it is a system that seems to work for me.

Have a wonderful Wednesday all!

Day29 – Lake district UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Calling in quickly this morning, delivery due any time, few things to do today, not least, clean the car! Some of the tracks to the fisheries are just that, tracks. That plus the general grime from spray recently, car not very sparkly! Especially as I took Mrs I-h-l out in it yesterday and she may have noticed ….

Yesterdays FD was very straightforward, no breakfast, veg curry bowl for lunch, no carbs, soup and small sandwich for evening meal. Very easy and not even hungry this morning.

Take care all

Day 30 -Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Weigh in 165.2

Thanks all for your kind words about the sinus and blockages and being deaf for a bit. I had no issue yesterday but will most definitely keep an eye on it. @jaifaim. I have had tinnitus in my right ear since early 2000…..brought on by an infection which damaged the connection from my ear to my brain so it’s deafness and constant buzzing….but I am used to that. Monday though, never experienced that before.

@funshipfreddie, I will see a doc if this happens again…and yup, it takes a while to get to see my doc too.

@matpi. I don’t suffer normally from sinus, but something was up. And @stitchincarol, I might check out the ear wax too…..but it was so sudden, then levy after 30 mins.

I brought a garden thermometer into work yesterday and popped it on my desk in the shade and away from warm computer equipment. By late afternoon the temperature was 27.8c which is all wrong for a crowded office environment full of electronic equipment and no windows to open. Facilities were advised! They promise to sort it out.

Have a great day 🐫

Day 30, London, UK, FD800

Good FD800 yesterday, and the water consumption was definitely up since there was a 3am loo visit!!😛Now to modify and consume 75% of the water BEFORE lunch!

Way to go!! @northgeorgia, another milestone reached, now to make 209 your new set point!!!🏆🏆

Lots of sinus issues around, I’ve never had any issues, but my SIL does this thing with a basin of hot water and eucalyptus oil, I’ve no idea if it helps but she does it regularly.🤷🏽‍♀️

Cabbage & bacon soup for lunch today, I really didn’t have the energy to chop lettuce for my usual 600cal salad, thank goodness the freezer is well stocked. The worst thing is opening & shutting cupboard or fridge doors hunting for inspiration …………………… that only leads to making bad choices, I think I know what I’m looking for before I start the search🤨😬, so when I finally get to the biscuits or the cheese I feel justified that I must have it as the cupboard is bare & there’s NOTHING else to eat😳!!!! Planning, planning, planning!!!💪🏽💪🏽

Stay strong folks.

“I have not failed. I’ve just found 10,000 ways that won’t work.” – Thomas A. Edison

Day 30 – Ireland – CD

Hi all! A quick check in as I’ve been posting up the April challenge this morning…🐣

Active day yesterday… good FD but feel sluggish…
    Have a good day and I’ll catch up later…

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 30 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

Nice, easy FD yesterday. Just an apple, followed by a cheese omelette & veggies. If I have one more tomorrow, then I may even be able to declare Momentous March a success!

Got a lunch date later with a friend who also recently turned 60. Looking forward to it, but resolving to stay away from carbs & alcohol 🤐

Happy Hump Day! 🐫

Pocket List – Day 30 🍓
    @daffodil2010
    @flourbaby

Day 30 UK CD

Toying with low carbs , it’s not for me long term but I plan to go for 10-14 days ideally to kick start a real loss for April as I’m back to incredibly slow weight loss , which normally I wouldnt mind but have a holiday booked early May and at the moment I can’t breath in any of my holiday clothes

Happy 🐫day all

Day 30 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 213 lbs. So far, I’m trending about a pound lighter each day in comparison to last week. Still have a way to go to make 209 my new set point, but maybe by the end of next month. I think I may have @stitchincarol‘s dual personality problem of an EFS on certain NFDs. I think I’ve done better in the past couple of weeks. I realized I was eating candy, sugary cereal, and drinking a lot more sugary drinks on my NFDs again, not caring whether or not I’ve already eaten! I am still working on eliminating snacking and eating more filling and nutritious meals (yesterday, instead of satisfying my cereal craving, I had a salad while munching on a few sweet peppers. Yeah, that’s not always going to work, but it did work miracles in making me full). I know the danger next month is the Easter feasting and sweets, but that’s life. I just have to remember it’s a holiday, not a month-long surrender to fattening food 🙂

Today we have a spring celebration at work, so I’ll enjoy my burger, fries, and Coke. I have chicken thawing in the refrigerator with onions, bell peppers, and cilantro at the ready for my return home.

Day 30-No. VA USA
    Still here, drifting along. @brightonbelle, I am definitely feeling the need to do something a bit more dramatic due to the upcoming May brief vacation, and the snug clothes. Today is a fast day for me. I think higher protein and lower breads is helpful for me.. Also yesterday all foods were so salty, for some reason, therefore had to drink mass quantities of water, so feel like I am floating away today!

Day 30 – Rural Nebraska, USA – CD

CONTROL day. With two WFDs during the week, and FD500 (attempted, at least) on M/W, and then wild days on Fri-Sun, my eating pattern has been one of extremes and I’ve concluded it’s time to change the pattern. So today, I will exercise self-control and will power in order to eat normal foods in normal quantities–

wait.

REASONABLE foods in REASONABLE quantities. What has passed for normal in my life must now be considered unreasonable.

We’re all works in progress, right? 🤷‍♀️

@mariaelena In my experience, everyone else is going to be UP fifteen pounds, so you’ll still be note-worthy at your current weight, and I’m certain you’ll feel lovely to be so!

@matpi Interesting approach to do building block meals. I’m glad you found an approach that works for you!

@matpi and @i-hate-lettuce I looked at your posts from today so many times, checking the date on my laptop and comparing to what you wrote. Today, Wednesday, is the 30th, honeys, LOL!

@daffodil2010 Oh my word. Yup, 27.8/82 degrees is FAR too warm for an office! That has to be miserable by the end of the day.

@flourbaby I think the same thoughts about WHEN to drink my water, but before lunch is when I want coffee…I stretch it out over several hours. And then water only becomes delightful after supper. Challenges, challenges!

@jaifaim I’ll be over to April as soon as I’ve posted here; may your sluggishness disappear with some steady movement today!

@funshipfreddie Hmmm, swerving carbs AND alcohol at a meal out?? That’s a big challenge!! Do let us know how you did it!

@brightonbelle Low carb is certainly effective. Are you interested in the Eat Like a Bear Ridiculously Big Salad for two weeks? We’ve been without @emmataylor’s reports for so long that the option has dropped off our radar. (@emmataylor, we miss you!)

@northgeorgia There’s so much to learn about what makes us eat, isn’t there? I think you’re doing terrifically, despite the occasional less-than-stella choices–and salad instead of cereal yesterday? TRULY stellar.

@excelsior12309 So good to hear you’re still around, and glad you posted so we could know you’re here!

Pocket List – Day 30 🍓
    @daffodil2010
    @flourbaby

Day 30 – UK – CD

Well I braved Cruella this morning and I’m pleased (and mightily shocked) to say I’ve not gained anything through the weekend of EFS. So this has been a welcome sight and given me a bit of a spring in my step! DH has officially finished his isolation now (got my dates wrong, it ended midnight last night), his test yesterday was still positive but the line is definitely getting fainter. He’s still sticking at home for the time being.

Yesterday’s CD wasn’t that controlled at all. Post-work snacking on the last of the birthday goodies was the downfall after I’d spent most of the afternoon in the office feeling very hungry.

@stitchincarol – I hear you! Yes, you can totally cook a really tasty dinner without having to think about cals. This is why I love that F800 recipe book, it really has been incredible since our F800 push in Feb and earlier this March. I’m looking forward to getting back onto that next week.

@brightonbelle – I definitely get a good result when I go lower carb. Again, this is where the F800 recipe book really helps me because the meals are well balanced and low carb. I struggle with carb-free though, I must admit.

It’s only a quick post today – I’m in between meetings! I’ll catch up properly tomorrow.

Have a good day all! 🙂

Day 30 – 16:7 CD

Fast day and exercise went fine yesterday.

Giving thought to @matpi building blocks and @flourbaby planing before browsing Kitchen. That is what works for me. If I have a quick and easy meal ready, fast days (and control days) are a snap for me. The frozen prepared soups and stews, bags of frozen veg and the pre thin sliced veg in fridge for salad or prepared tuna salad make all the difference.

I checked my stats, and I put in about 1/4 a month during the pandemic (actually started a few months before pandemic and got entrenched). Calorie wise that is 100-200 extra calories a day, not really that much, huh? I need to make better food choices, and that means I must have a plan and have good food choices prepared or quick to prepare.

My struggle now is to do something I don’t really know how to do: maintain a weight. Pretty sure I have been in the unintentional gaining or intentional losing see saw for a couple of decades. When I return from my trip it will be time make that change. While I can (and may decide to) lose another 10lb and be at a healthy weight from an BMI average (low end of healtthy range + 10lb buffer) so continual 1lb a week loss is not an option, lol.

@stitchincarol – lol, once in a moment of insanity in the early 90’s I cut off my waist length straight brown hair and got short, permed curly, blond frosted hair. My brothers and father didn’t even notice! But on a serious note, my sister (rail-thin) has had an eating disorder so we as a family are all really trained NOT to talk or notice weight.

My friends will be interesting, when we last saw them two were divorcing (and now have new fiancée’s) and were becoming very conscious of their weight/appearance. Another was about to have weight loss surgery, and a fourth, who after being shot (! Long story) had a ton of health repercussions and weighed close to 400 lb when we met him, had some major surgery over a decade ago that fixed his insides and he is tall strong and lean now. Every time I visit and see him at his new steady trim weight I feel like it is an imposter, not the Dan I remember. So weight, as a conversation topic, will be all or nothing. Lol.

But I know I’ll feel good, be able to walk and do stuff without the extra weight aches and pains, and wear attractive clothes so that is what matters! Now keep your fingers crossed that my rosacea doesn’t flare!

So much to do, and sending happy and safe thoughts to all!

Day 31 – Gold Coast Queensland Australia – FD – last for March, woohooo! 🥳🥳🥳

Well, well well… here we are at the finishing post for MOMENTOUS MARCH! 31 days of RESOLVE …. whew! Did it!🤪🥴😵🤪

So I am on my last FUN DAY (FD) for the month and am already looking forward to April with anticipation as April is my make it or break it month. I have resolved to meet my goal by Easter. However, may have to re-calibrate that goal as still have 4 kg to go but only 17 days to Easter (!) 🤣😂😁

But today I’m looking forward to more broccolli, portabello mushrooms, tomatoes, carrot (you get the picture). I have some cauliflower soup (no cream or cheese folks!) somewhere deep in the freezer so might dive into that as well.

Being the last day of the month it is time to review and I see I’ve reduced by just 2 kg for the month. Am I happy with that? Yes and no. It is at least downwards but, as I’ve been fanatical about sticking to the regime (no cheats whatsoever! Not once!) I’m disappointed too. It seems I’ve hit an almighty plateau and can’t seem to overcome it.
    My new ambition for April is to now turn up the dial on exercise, commencing tomorrow April 1st (April Fools Day..the jokes on me… ha ha!). We’ve had non-stop rain and flooding here through March that has dampened any efforts to exercise effectively (walking is my thing).

@matpi – I’m very interested in your building blocks (I think you said 90 cals per block?) regime. Can you expand and tell us what each building block has in it. That really resonates with me as I, too, have to eat at least 5 times per day to keep my blood sugar even. I’m really looking for your inspiration.😉

@stitchincarol – I do apologize but I can’t find where I filed the Excel spreadsheet for MOMENTOUS MARCH. Could you please post it again? Of course I’m still using the Tracker on this website which keeps me accountable too.

Well everyone, it’s been quite a month but has been fun travelling it with you all. So good to see so many have stayed the course to finish the month with some enlightenment (pun! 🤣😁😋🙃😉) whether you met your goals or not. This has been such an inspirational group and I thank you all for your support.
    Onwards and downwards into April we go!

Day 31 – Gold Coast Queensland Australia – FD – last for March, woohooo! 🥳🥳🥳

2nd post:

@stitchincarol – I think I speak for everyone, a BIG THANK YOU for hosting MOMENTOUS MARCH!👏👏👏👏🙏👍👌🥇🏆

Day 31 Melb Aust CD

I know many folk are still in day 30 evening, but the sun moves and here I’m at the end of March. Thanks to the facilitators for March – I think @lilymartin was the official one and @stitchincarol also helped out – or was it the other way around? Either way, thank you to both of you for your encouragement and sharing of your journeys.

I’ve had a mix of CDs and NFDs for the month, and finished with a 1 kg (2.2 lb) loss for the month. Not as much as I’d hoped, and I’ll probably weigh less tomorrow, as yesterday was rather indulgent and today won’t be. That happened last month, too, where my 28th of February weight was 0.1 kg higher than my 1st of March.

Overall, though, I’m happy to be quietly persevering and losing without too much stress, which means what I’m doing is sustainable for me. I’ve now lost 4.4 kg (9.7 lb) since the start of the year, and I’m happy with that progress.

Hope to see you all in April! 🙂

Day 30 Ohio, US — NFD

A super-busy day today — filled with medical visits. They were just routine, but still, they took almost all day. With all the busy-ness I was able to keep to plan for eating. And now I’m pretty tired.

@stitchincarol Yes, it is Wednesday the 30th! I think that one thing that might be confusing with my days is that I usually post late at night. For example, right now it’s 11:15 pm here. But because of that for a lot of people it’s already the 31st. That also means that when I make my last post of the month, almost everyone has gone on to the next month. Time zones are a wonderful thing!

@babs_b Going low carb is really effective for weight loss, but I’ve never been happy on low carb. I think that’s because I do so much intellectual work during the day that my brain needs the carbs, since it uses primarily glucose for energy. My acupuncturist thinks that’s why I crave sweets only at night, i.e. after a full day’s work.

Have a great last day of March everyone. Is March leaving like a lion or a lamb for you?

Day 31 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Weigh In: 164.4

I end the month exactly as I started. Having an FD today to have April start weight at least a smidge lower.

Great to hear all your stories and how you are all coping and getting along. This forum has been my daily mainstay for 5 years and I am not going anywhere.

Despite the extra weight I really do feel good, no aches or pains, I even FEEL lighter, tum is fairly toned due to my Pilates and daily Leslie….just my smaller clothes don’t fit.

But onwards we go. Thanks @stitchincarol for your wonderful hosting and looking forward to seeing you all in April. Xx

Day 31 – Lake District UK – FD

Good morning everyone

@stitchincarol – Thanks for keeping us all going this month, it always feels like a long one March !

@matpi – March not been a wild month at all, in fact very mild… right up until this morning, got up the tiniest bit of overnight sleet/snow on the cars and lawns this morning. Mind you suns up, so will warm up an it’ll go quite quickly.

Finished the month bang on my maintenance weight so quite happy to move on to the next monthly challenge, never know after todays FD, tomorrow being my usual weigh in day, could be a surprise start to the month?

Take care all

Pocket list for Thursday
    @linda.b
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day 31 – Ireland – CD or maybe FD800 will see

Good morning! Crazy to think we are already 3 months into 2022!
    Thank you @stitchincarol for hosting Momentous March! You have been fabulous and will be a very very hard act to follow 🤗

@betsylee fabulous work to shift nearly 10lbs in these three months 👏

I’m frustrated today as have had two good FDs and a CD and am up to 160.8lbs. So back up to the 160s… nothing wrong with them 🥴 just don’t want to be here 😂

Oooh just looked back and I’m up exactly 3lbs since start March… bummer but I had a great February and had lots to derail me in March and I let it…

Won’t despair just yet and my final weigh in in always the 1st of next month so here’s hoping 😂😂

👋 @at I hope you are out there keeping well and having fun in your beautiful Lake District. I’m unable to create and upload the spreadsheet from my phone so wonder if you could do your magic for Amazing April please?

See you all there tomorrow 👋

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 31 Wellington, NZ – FD
    3rd fast day for the week heck yes I made it. Worked out 4 times this week feeling pretty sore, no pain no gain am I right 😂

Hoping to be down 500g tomorrow 😊

Day 31 – UK – NFD

@stitchincarol thank you for your brilliantly attentive hosting this month! I’m sorry I was AWOL for 2 weeks of it but pleased that I’m ending the month the same weight as I started, so no gains. Of course would’ve loved to have been a few lbs lighter but considering I started this month still having big meals for DH’s big birthday celebrations, had a weekend away, had Covid and my own birthday, finishing the month the same as I started is a win in my eyes!!

Onwards and downwards for April. I’m really looking forward to a big reset!

Day 31 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

@linda.b – is this what you wanted? https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/18UjveOsQimcxPOnWkoq_Ifm-jpAHhYg5aiOM4RBTkC0/edit

@stitchincarol – I’d love to tell you how I managed to swerve the carbs & alcohol at yesterday’s lunch; but I didn’t 🤦. The restaurant was mad-busy (school holidays here) so my first couple of options weren’t available & I finished up having a chicken & mushroom pizza; which was awesome. No alcohol though! I don’t really enjoy alcohol during the day, & I was driving anyway. But I spotted a Turkish Delight milkshake on the menu, & as I’m 60 going on 6 I just had to try it. Followed by a chocolate milkshake 😱

Anyway, a good FD today & I could actually end the month as I started, ie just a kilo over my goal weight. So, yay! 😅

@stitchincarol – thanks for being our lovely host 💐 Looking forward to Amazing April….

Pocket List – Day 31 🍒
    @linda.b
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @jaifaim – maybe…?
    @fastingto58kgs
    @funshipfreddie

Day 31 UK FD

This mornings weigh in revealed I’m where I started the month but as I had a week in Rome I’m not too unhappy with that , I’m optimistic it might even be a lb lower tomorrow but that can start the April account

Thanks for the super hosting @stitchincarol , I’m reading up on ELAB and it may be something I try next month

See you all in April

Pocket List – Day 31 🍒
    @linda.b
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @jaifaim – maybe…?
    @fastingto58kgs
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle

Day 31 – UK – FD 🤞

Good morning all

@stitchincarol – A BIG THANK YOU for hosting MOMENTOUS MARCH! 💐

Many apologies for my absence – despite making a quick and full recovery from Covid – I lost my way with fasting and this WOL but trying for a FD today to help start the April Challenge on the right note!

@jaifaim – spreadsheet posted on the Amazing April Challenge – will be joining you there tomorrow x

I will weigh in tomorrow for an end and start weight for the month 😱

See you all in April

Pocket List – Day 31 🍒
    @linda.b
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @jaifaim – maybe…?
    @fastingto58kgs
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @at

Day 31 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 215 lbs. Waiting for the heavy rain to pass to head to work. Hoping to start out April in the 200s (come on, 209), and it’s possible, looking at this week’s pattern compared to last week. In any case, hope to end up in the 200s by the month’s end! 🙂

Average weight loss just one pound over last month, but a net loss is still good. But I’ll have to be vigilant to ensure I coax my body off of a threatened plateau. See you all in April!

Pocket List – Day 31 🍒
    @linda.b
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @jaifaim – maybe…?
    @fastingto58kgs
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @at
    @northgeorgia

Day 31 – Rural Nebraska, USA – WFD

Okay, my weight is about the same as when I started the month, so my goal of being the host of March leading to great success in the month fell far short of the mark. On the other hand, it’s always notable when I don’t GAIN weight–given that very thing is what brought me to 5:2 in the first place–so, with the big picture of my life in mind, rather than a single month’s goals in mind, I call this month a win. Will I ever lose the remaining weight I want off? Yes. When? Who knows, but I’m willing to accept a slow journey with the knowledge that I’m learning to maintain even as I’m struggling to lose.

@babs_b What great news that you didn’t gain over the weekend of EFS! Yeah, cooking–and especially new recipes–is one of my great pleasures, and that’s not only what got me to this weight but is also what makes it tough to lose.

@mariaelena I hear you on your fear of how to maintain, but your discipline and RESOLVE has been stellar, and it’s hard for me to believe that they’ll suddenly abandon you now. Your time in Chicago will be a great testing ground for how well you can simply maintain, and when you’re home again, you can drop any pounds you’ve gained, and tweak your behavior in hunt of the correct approach.

@linda.b You are doing TERRIFICALLY, and have no need to feel anything but joy and satisfaction at your results this month!

@betsylee And you’re absolutely right that any loss for a month is a win. Well done!

@matpi March came like a lamb–75 degree days–and is leaving like a lion–28 degrees and a dusting of snow on the ground. I’m hoping for a mild April!

@daffodil2010 Feeling great is half the battle and not GAINING weight is the other half. Losing weight is the third half. Oh. Well, perhaps each is a third of the battle, eh? At any rate, the fact that you have a consistent exercise routine established is stellar behavior, and weight loss will eventually follow when you’re able to have a few weeks without life interfering–an issue I understand well, LOL!

@i-hate-lettuce I’m so impressed that you’ve managed to find and follow a comfortable way to maintain your weight.

@jaifaim Thanks for your kind words, and I agree that your March results are only worth a shoulder shrug. Life is life and is meant for living, and you’re not out of control, so it’s all good. 😜👍

@fastingto58kgs Love hearing of your determination and successes, and look forward to hearing tomorrow what success today’s FD gave you!

@babs_b You’re absolutely right that March was, for you, a month full of massive challenges and finishing at the same weight as you started is actually a huge win!

@funshipfreddie Thanks for finding the link for @linda.b And ending the month a kg over your maintenance weight is certainly a disappointment, but you have April to remove it, and I just bet you do!

@brightonbelle Same weight as you began despite a week in Rome??? Yes, absolutely that’s a win! I have some meals I have to eat (long story, but it’s a small village and some events–and meals–are basically obligatory), so ELAB isn’t an option yet for me, but I know it works well. Perhaps part of April for me, and I’ll cheer you on whenever/if ever you do it.

@at SO good to hear from you, and I know you’ll be back on track in April. It’s not quite as easy for you these days as you used to find it, but since you’re still here and not just throwing in the towel, you’re not regaining everything you lost, right? And that’s a success.

@northgeorgia I agree that a loss is a loss; I’m so pleased for you!

Pocket List – Day 31 🍒
    @linda.b
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @jaifaim – maybe…?
    @fastingto58kgs
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @at
    @northgeorgia
    @stitchincarol WFD

Thanks, everyone, for the kind words. I love this group. I think about you throughout each day, and can’t imagine not chatting daily with you all. And I especially love the successes we’re all enjoying–and I mean that truly since no one is actively gaining four pounds a month, right??? When I lost weight down to 137 in 2015, instead of continuing on down to 132 or further, I just lost the plot and gained it back over the next year. Weighing 166 was a depressing thing (@at’s personal statement comes to mind…) and even when I don’t lose weight in any given month, I always am thankful to be down 20+ pounds and not to gain, and THAT is because of all of you, and the encouragement and wisdom shared on this forum.

So, from the bottom of my heart, thank you.

Day 31 USA (Illinois) NFD

Yes, March has been quite momentous! Thank you oh so much @stitchincarol for hosting Momentous March! You are one tremendous cheerleader, helper, supporter, and incentivize so well!

I’ve managed another maintenance month (and that is good considering it wasn’t a particularly good-eating month).

This group is wonderful!

Onward and downward.

Day 31 – 16:8 CD

We leave tomorrow. 😀. Busy Busy! March final weight 135.6. Did my cardio exercise already but will get a lot more in today. Cleaning house for my niece to stay here!

Thanks @stichincarol for shepherding us through March and well wishes to all!

second post

@mariaelena How early do you leave? How long is the train ride? I hope it goes well and you have a grand, grand time!

Day 31 Ohio, US — MFD

Today was a good day. The “building block” meal was a chopped tomato and spring greens salad with cannellini beans and a light dressing. It was quite satisfying and had good protein.

Here March is leaving like a lion — we’ve had a steady wind of about 25 mph with gusts around 45 mph. Tonight they’re predicting lots of rain/snow.

@stitchincarol Thanks for hosting March. You’ve been great!

@fastingto58kgs Hope you make your 500g loss!

@funshipfreddie A Turkish Delight milkshake! Sounds like fun — but what goes into it?

@mariaelena Have a good trip!

And on the cusp of the months here’s a riddle: What’s in the middle of March and April but never at the beginning or end?

Enjoy!

Day +1 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

Final weigh-in – I lost a whopping 0.1 kgs. I’ll take it; after several over-indulgences I think I got off lightly. Pun intended 🤪

@matpi – no idea what was actually in the Turkish Delight milkshake? It just looked like a vanilla milkshake, but it did taste like turkish delight. But nothing compares to chocolate 😋 Found the answer to your riddle; but I cheated & Googled it 😉

Well done to everyone who reached their goals or at least made progress; see y’all over the page….

I got it, I got it! <<waving her hands in excitement!!>> I waited to answer, but now I figure I can say it: the letter R!

🤪

See you all in April!

@stitchincarol – Thank you for hosting 🤗💐 many apologies for my absence but happy to report despite not fasting for the last 2 weeks not too much damage occurred!!! Weight this morning 58.3kg

@matpi – I got the riddle too 👍

See you all in Amazing April Challenge!

Viewing 34 posts - 401 through 434 (of 434 total)

You must be logged in to reply.