Momentous March

This topic contains 420 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by  AT 2 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 351 through 400 (of 434 total)

• Day 25 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Weigh in: 164.4

Drawing a veil over yesterday’s cakes, chocolates and a Whopper Meal for dinner 😱

Well done @lilymartin, so delighted for your success. We are cheering you on.

My DH has gone off on his motorbike and is currently on the ferry to England to spend time with his mother for their first Mothers Day together 😍 We went shopping for new shirts etc for him last night, he is like an excited child going on a foreign school trip abroad. Awwww

Meanwhile I better get to work as that backlog won’t clear itself!

Have a super Friday.

Day 25 – Lake district UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Weigh in day today, quite happily maintaining over the last week, not even worrying the 2 lb ‘buffer zone’ 😉

@lilymartin – congratulations, the feelgood factor is brilliant in all sorts of ways, the sense of achievement makes the effort worthwhile. Gives you all the incentive to carry on.

Here all my house jobs are done, on top of the garden jobs, a weekend of nothing but doing whatever we want! Even planning a couple of days our for myself next week while Mrs I-H-L is busy with her group meetings.

Take care all

Day 25 – Ireland – NFD

159.8lbs

Hi everybody!!! I’m away on a little (belated 50th) trip with my bestie but awake since early so have been browsing the posts… but my god… my retention is rubbish so now I can’t remember all the specifics! I’ve been so busy with work (when there😃) that my brain is fried.. 🍳

Sinus and hayfever are affecting badly at the moment but I’m so sorry to hear of all those if you who have had or have Covid… I’ve avoided it so far but so many close to me have caught it…

March was always going to be a challenge for me with ski trip, St Patrick’s weekend and two short trips with friends so I need to focus now for the final week of this month. 💪
    Thinking like this is probably the very reason I’m not maintaining yet … but I am back into the 150s so hoping to move down from this nice spot in the coming month.

Anyway… all is great and I loved reading the posts… so many people doing so well 👏, enjoying the rugby, sport, lovely weather and life in general 💕
    @mariaelena I’m so sorry to hear of your recent stresses… it really annoys me when cars that are perfectly fine can’t be serviced… cars should run for decades not just years if well maintained…

Great to see you back @matpi and welcome @fastingto58kgs – yes there is no way to change your profile name but you could set up another profile… @high5 did this I think? Or maybe it was someone else?

@daffodil2010 ahhh you will love the Shannon trip and Easter is perfect as the marinas will not be busy – we travelled north from Carrick – up as far as Lough Erne. Heading north of Lough Erne means a lot of locks 🛥 Moored overnight in Boyle, Leitrim village, Lanesborough, Termonbarry and Jamestown – oh this brings back fab memories. I hope your DH has an amazing weekend with his mother…

Loving the cruise chat and it’s refocusing me on a little goal I have for my summer holiday on the cruise… 🚢 👙

Have to run… in a beautiful spot on the east coast and we are off for a sea swim and then…. big breakfast… I can’t not have it… just can’t… I know this is why shifting downwards is harder but…. Until I can get my head to a space where I can walk into a hotel breakfast room and have a bowl of fruit (or not walk into the breakfast room in the first place) I think I’ll be bobbing weight wise 😂😂
    Have a wonderful day everybody. It’s great to be here and I’m with you for the final week…

😂Onward and downward again ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 25 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@lilymartin – congrats on the 3 year low! 🏆

@flourbaby – no, I wasn’t fussed about the Indian food. I’m happier with Italian or good old British-style fodder any day.

@songbirdme – enjoy Milwaukee! That’s an interesting-sounding word. I guess it has to be pronounced with an American accent – Mil-waa-key; otherwise it just sounds silly – Mil-wore-key. I’m waffling…

Happy Fri-yay y’all! 🍷

PS Happy Daffodil Day 🌼 @daffodil2010

Day 25 UK NFD

@songbirdme Milwaukee- just reminds me of watching Wayne’s world with my boys ( many years ago ) I hope Alice Coopers explanation was true

Great to hear about everyone’s trips , things really do seem to be getting back to normal- Shaking hands though @daffodil2010 I don’t know – greeting people seems quite odd now I think I’ll keep my distance with strangers for a while

Anyway off to enjoy the ☀️Have a good one all

@lilymartin – great news 👏

Day 25 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD

I was ASTONISHED when I got on the scale this morning, as I was down two full pounds since yesterday morning to 147.4 the first time I’ve been 147-anything since Dec. 2015. I got off and on a number of times just to make sure the scale wasn’t teasing me. Then I went and tried on some clothes–like my body has shrunk immediately, which I know it doesn’t actually, but the waist has, dropping a full inch-plus-a-smidge to just under 29″. Wow, wow, wow. It turns out a skirt that I was waiting to fit into is already a bit loose; I should have been wearing it for the last several months. Oops.

The trick now, of course, is not to eat like a crazy woman over the next three days. Today, I’m having deviled eggs for lunch–protein, no carbs–and then DH and I are driving to Lincoln to run some errands–which means I’m out of the house and away from the temptations of the kitchen–and then going out to a lovely restaurant for dinner–which means I’m out of the kitchen where it’s far too easy to add other nibbles to the food I plan. A good plan overall.

I know I’ll be back up over the next few days, but it sure was exciting and motivating to see that number this morning!

@brightonbelle Cooking and not nibbling–or nibbling only the slightest amounts–is one of the hardest things I do when struggling to lose weight and use my RESOLVE; well done for pulling it off to whatever degree you managed!

@fastingto58kgs Congratulations on the loss for the week! My loss over the last 25 months has averaged just under a pound a month, so despite the results over the last few days, I’m the queen of slow. Doesn’t matter, however, as long as we’re both moving in the correct direction!

@lilymartin I’m so delighted for you that you get to have your haircut; well done! I’m thinking about your migraine, however…Are you sure you’re drinking enough water? And are you starting your water intake soon enough in the day????? (Don’t know if that’s a thing, but I’m trying to consider all the possibilities for you.)

@matpi You make exercise sound so reasonable and easy–as do many on this forum–but I pretty much despise it. Always. Sometimes I manage to persuade myself to do it for long stretches of time, but then I always lose the plot. But I remember at Christmastime talking about how many dozens of cookies I was baking for our church’s Cookie Boutique, and several people on the forum were dumbfounded because even 3 dozen cookies seemed like an overwhelming task to them. So I’ve concluded we each have things we can do with ease and no real challenge…and exercise is not one of them for me. But getting up and moving and tidying and putting things away, etc., etc., is always something I deem important, so I’m not being as indolent as I sound, LOL. And I salute you for your wonderfully healthy habits!!!

@daffodil2010 Sometimes drawing a veil is the exact right thing to do. 👍

@i-hate-lettuce So what are the big plans for this weekend of doing whatever you want?? I’m very impressed that you’ve accomplished all the house tasks!

@jaifaim Thanks for the long chat; it’s lovely to get a full update! And, yeah, holidays are really, really tough on 5:2 and weight loss, but that’s why we all have chosen this WOL because it can be forgiving. You’ll get back on track next week, and for now, just enjoy your weekend!

@funshipfreddie “Mil-wore-key” indeed! That made me laugh out loud, but it is indeed a rather odd word when I actually stop and think about it. It’s from an Algonquian Indian word meaning “good”, “beautiful”, and “pleasant land.”

Okay, off to continue working on taxes. Haven’t yet made the appointment with the accountant, so there’s no big stress on my shoulders to get it done, although my goal is to be finished a week from now.

Oh, and I have a meeting tomorrow morning, so won’t manage a morning chat and response, so have a grand one today and tomorrow as well!!

Day 25 — 16:8 CD

Being accountable 😀 and adding walking in to cardio routine so I’m fit for the pedestrian friendly urban locale of Chicago!

@songbirdme what a sweet offer. Thank you. If there is anyplace in the world that seems like home ground to me it is Chicago or London- and Chicago edges London out because I have lived there more of my life than anyplace else. Being able to stay with my brother will give us a familiar home base too! Another thing I am particularly looking forward to is (if weather permits) a ( or many) long leisurely walk along the lakefront. I miss living near a large body of water!

We leave on April 1, and excitingly we will be traveling TO Chicago by train. Our holiday extravagance to ourselves was to get a tiny Private roomette for the 24+ hour journey. Not really an extravagance, I suppose, it seemed the safest way to travel with maximum COVID precautions. Not to mention all the news about unruly aggressive plane travelers had us unnerved about plane and airport situations. We will be flying home, and to be honest I’m not fine with that, but at least I will be more comfortable with pre-plane Ohare airport than I would be with our local airport where bad, aggressive, unsafe behavior makes the news weekly.

@brightonbelle Like you, I’m not yet cool with handshakes but that seems way more doable and safe to me than hugs. But even in nonCovid times I have always been uncomfortable with hugs, so it makes sense now that is a big concern for me. A quick greeting hug amongst family is one thing (and the habit I grew up with) but the longer and more frequent social hugging more common where I currently live is a problem for me, especially now. It seems obvious to me that someone still masked (like me) is asking NOT to be hugged… but that message isn’t getting across.

So much on our weekend to-do list, yikes! Time just doesn’t stop, lol.

Warm thoughts to all.

Day 25 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 210 lbs. Well, I knew most of it was water anyway, but funny to see a 6 lb drop in a day. Got to convince my body that the 200’s are going to be the new normal, not the 210’s. Going to enjoy my day off with a day of making violet jelly (fingers crossed it sets up well), and ironically, end up enjoying a probable ZBC day in the process.

I need this little 3-day weekend break right now from work 🙂

Have a good day, all!

Day 25 Ohio US — NFD

This morning’s weight: 183 lb, 4 oz (83.1 kg) down from 184 lb, 10 oz (83.7 kg) — not bad for less than a week, but with 2 MFD’s under the belt! Did my yoga this morning, but it was unpleasant enough with ~40 F (4,4 C) and wind and rain that I didn’t get my walk in. Tomorrow looks to be more of the same, and we even might get snow overnight!

@funshipfreddie Most inhabitants say, instead of Milwaukee, “Beer capital of the US”. 🙂

@stitchincarol Congrats on the 7-year low! I’m in awe! I’m also in awe of keeping everything in order and tidying up so easily! For me that’s a real struggle. One difficulty with me keeping things in order is that I had to move into my townhouse without having time to downsize. So tidying up for me right now is just moving things from one pile to another. The pandemic really put the cabosh on me downsizing. Last month I started again, and brought 5 boxes of stuff to Goodwill. The depressing thing was that afterwards I couldn’t tell any difference in how things looked!

@mariaelena I know how you miss living near a large body of water. When I was growing up, my family never lived more than a mile away from the ocean, and even as an adult, most of my life was spent within an hour’s drive from an ocean. Yes, it is something special living near the water.
    Have a great start of the weekend everyone!

Day 26, WLG NZ, NFD

2nd workout for the week done this morning 😀 been a good weekend so far catching up with friends and watching Brigerton 🤣

I’ve noticed on my NFDs I’m not as hungry. Before when I was eating whenever I was constantly hungry like I had an endless hunger lol. But doing 5:2 I feel much better and have structure to my eating habits and wanting to have healthy foods over processed foods.
    Looking forward to my next FD on Monday

Day 26 – Gold Coast Queensland Australia – NFD- Saturday

Good afternoon ladies and gents!
    I’ve been very busy working and neglected to post since Wednesday (I think).
    Nevertheless, late at night, I’ve been reading all your wonderful posts that keep me so connected to my goals and your goals too. (So nice to have your company on this hilly road!)

As far as accountability goes, I’m happy to report that I’ve managed to stay focussed and on track with my 5:2. After a little reduction of half a kilo earlier in the week the ‘evil plateau monster’ re-emerged to tease me some more … it’s a nasty thing that plateau! But thankfully the scales stayed the same and didn’t go up! So I can truly claim that half a kilo as a win! YES!😊😊😊

I see so many of you are having some wins too. @stitchincarol….congratulations, congratulations congratulations! What an achievement! 🏆🥇 @lilymartin, you too! 🏆🥇Now you’ve reached this goal you can reward yourself with that new hairstyle… just lovely!
    Gosh, there’s so many of you I want to congratulate personally, but, everyone you are just doing so well, even through life’s ups and downs (covid, visitors, travel, arrogant mechanics(!) work challenges etc). Here’s a trophy for everyone!🏆🏆🏆

Lucky me, I was invited to the theatre last night, and thoroughly enjoyed myself…. and DIDN’T cave into the proffered champagne and hors d’oeuvres! In truth it was, as always, easy to ignore the hors d’oeuvres as I’m a well-behaved coeliac, but was indeed tempted by the champers.. Nevertheless, I had ice & water in a wine glass… can’t be smug about it though as I was really sorely tempted!
    The evening out, (apart from Wednesday night trivia with my gal pals) was the first time I’ve actually been out since ‘you know what’ in January. Felt a bit strange dressing up properly and being in a social setting again but this time with couples when I am now a single. But I met the challenge and came home feeling very happy that I had indeed ‘stepped out’into the big world on my own!

The play, I hear you ask? And I’m glad you did ask as so many of you in UK will know it well. CALENDAR GIRLS….. I understand it was a true story, then a movie and now a stage production. Based on the true story of a group of middle-aged Yorkshire women who produced a nude calendar to raise money for Leukaemia Research. I must say it took a few moments to tune my ear into the Yorkshire accents. Anyway a fun night with some lovely friends.

So, back to my own calendar, and only two FUN DAYS (FDs) left for MOMENTOUS MARCH. I’m sure we are all going to gallop down the home stretch in fine style to finish off the month on a new low! 😀😉😀😉

Enjoy your weekend everyone!

Day 26 country west Australia NFD.

Day 26 – Lake district UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

@stitchincarol – Plans for weekend now all the jobs are complete…. doing nothing at all and doing it to the best of my ability 😉

Not strictly true, will just be a lazy weekend for both of us, maybe a bit of plant collecting around the garden? Just love ‘plants for free’, digging up self seeded plants and potting them up, many of these get passed on to friends/neighbours when I’ve filled any gaps in our borders/rockery.

Blackbirds have gone quiet, found a couple of nests with female sitting on eggs, so the guys are quieter now.

Glad to read of the recent successes amongst our numbers, feelgood factor is brilliant.

Take care all.

Day 26, London, UK, FD800

Feeling positive today after a 600cal FD yesterday, I just wasn’t particularly hungry!!! Who said that??!!…………… Me!!! Recently, I felt as though I was ALWAYS hungry, so is this the turning point?? I bloomin’ well hope so!!😁😁

@lilymartin, my dad was a stickler for good manners & not eating ‘on the street’, it was a big no-no for our family & I don’t do it, even today😊!!

Today will be a tuna salad lunch then Turkey with celeriac chips for dinner!! I’m finding a more varied menu since shifting to FD800, I couldn’t be mindful or disciplined on NFDs and stuck to soups for FDs, now I feel a bit relieved as this approach probably suits my “all or nothing” personality!!

Keep the faith folks & remember the weekend is just 2 days …………………. Not a holiday!!!!🤣

“The greatest wealth is health.” – Virgil

Day 26 – Ireland – CD

@lilymartin – go you 👏 and well done @stitchincarol and to anyone losing or maintaining at the moment 👏 or actually just being here… the intention is key 💪

Have been for a little sunny swim – the weather is just so glorious. Hoping I can cajole mum into getting out and about but that’s a harder task these days… if not that’s ok.. I’ve had my lovely start to the day and will do some gardening later.

Loving your reframing of fast days to fun days @linda.b! And it’s the way to go really as I know I for one sometimes can feel sorry for myself on a FD, as if I’m missing out…, but really I shouldn’t as it’s a fantastic day for my body and mind 💕

Wise words @flourbaby! We don’t realise what we have until it’s taken away…

Have a super Saturday all.

Onward and downward again ⬇️

Day 26 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 214 lbs. The two day B2B WFD starts tomorrow. Very windy day, and my great aunt’s 88th birthday today.

Have a nice weekend!

Day 27 country west Australia NFD
    I’m finding as some others on this forum are that now I am doing 5:2 sensibly I am not as hungry on NFDs which is good.🤔
    In 2017 I used to be very careful on the NFDs as the FDs take care of themselves, but on NFDs… calories hide in the most unexpected places.🥺
    @stitchincarol – Congratulations !!!!💐 Isn’t it such a good feeling to see the lower number on old Cruella. As @i-hate-lettuce said ‘ the feel good factor’.
    Re migraines – I have suffered shocking migraines all my life.
    I drink so much water that I almost slosh when I walk!! Migraines seem to be hereditary – grandmother, mother, sister all suffer the same.
    I have tried all the tricks over the years to no avail.😢
    5 yearly colonoscopy is a nightmare and last 2 times I have ended up in hospital, last on the list while they try to get my migraines under control before the procedure – and that’s after the required 3+ litres of fluid and water in the 24 hours !😳😳😳
    @linda.b the night out sounds lovely. Well done to you. 💐 I am not sure ow you could swerve the champers!. I love a glass of decent bubbles.🍾🥂
    I made a delicious cake yesterday with hazelnut meal, coconut flour, chickpea flour ( supposed to be tapioca but I only had chickpea) – the great pantry cleanout of 2022 continues – and it was delicious.
    I hope 🤞I will be able to serve it to a dear friend of ours who is really really gluten intolerant.
    First coeliac I ever met about 40 years ago.
    Cold wet windy day here – and we are shearing.
    We NEVER shear on a Sunday but getting shearers since Covid has been very difficult. Unlike me, the sheep need to be shorn within a certain time period and it is already later than we normally shear so it was today or next ( as in 8 days time) Monday. Rain forecast for the next week.💦☔️💦 after the driest summer on record !!!
    Enjoy today – you’ll never get it back.

Day 27 – Gold Coast Queensland Australia – NFD- Sunday

@northgeorgia – I’m astonished at your post ie “The two day B2B WFD”. I might have misinterpreted but do you mean to say you are doing two days in a row of water only days? 😨😨😨

Day 27 – Lake district UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Great success doing not a lot yesterday, called and collected a case of wine, tied some flies for fishing, delivered a parcel to a friend which involved a stroll up the village in the warm sunshine. So yesterdays objective achieved and today’s objective is similar, continuing our relaxing weekend.

Take care all.

Day 27 – Ireland – CD

Lovely sunny day yesterday and it’s to be warm again today.
    @lilymartin – wow lots of work being done over there with the sheep 🐑.

Happy Mother’s Day to those of you who celebrate today. 💐

Day 27 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

Well done @lilymartin, @stitchincarol & to anyone else making progress this month 🎯

So far my weekend has been anything but controlled, so I’m mixing up my FDs this week – starting today!

Happy S🌞nday!

Pocket List – Day 27 🍇
    @funshipfreddie

Day 27 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 216 lbs. Eek! Get thee below 210! But hey, so far this month, more 210 weigh-ins and under than in all of February. I’ll get off this plateau soon. Soon, I’ll be complaining that I keep hitting the 200s instead of the 100s, and what a lovely day that will be!

@linda.b That’s right. I only started that earlier this year. It’s not something I recommend to just anyone — it happened slowly. I did the regular 5:2 for a year and a half. I then tried to adjust my NFD choices and quantities (still working on that!) and I slowly began to realize instead of eating a “snack” at work and a “snack” at home for my 500 kcal FDs, I was “saving” up my calories for the evening to eat something nicer that evening. Except that over time, I realized I really wasn’t that hungry, and I was eating just for the sake of eating only an hour or two before bedtime. So it became easier to do a water fast day. Then, over a couple of months, my goodness, I was less hungry the next morning after a water fast day than the previous FD! So, now I’ve gotten into the general pattern of two WFDs to start off the week, then a final single WFD towards the end of the week. I may change it up again soon, but I think my current plateau is a combination of my body naturally trying to maintain the new weight level plus my lack of discipline on NFDs (I’ve put more sugary drinks, candy, and excessive snacking back in my life. Those need to go away).

Pocket List – Day 27 🍇
    @funshipfreddie
    @northgeorgia

Day 28 country west Australia FD
    Unexpectedly out to dinner last night with lasagne, salad, pavlova and chocolate aplenty so possibly over my TDEE but when I went back for ‘ seconds’ I had another small helping of salad .
    A few months ago it would have been a second helping of lasagne so progress is being made.😊
    @northgeorgia, I am sure you will leap off the plateau soon.
    It’s just tedious when one is on the plateau…🤨 And I am in awe of B2B WFs. 👏
    @i-hate-lettuce, your weekend sounded absolutely blissful.
    Buoyed by my success so far I am aiming for another kg loss by week’s end if possible.🤞
    Off to work on this cold, miserable morning.
    Onward and downward.

Day 28 – Gold Coast Queensland Australia – FD- Monday

Oh Joy… another FUN DAY (FD)! Second last for MOMENTOUS MARCH, so am RESOLVED to hold the course.

@northgeorgia thanks for the explanation re B2B WFs + 1 extra WF……. for me that would be too hard so I, too, am also in absolute awe of your commitment doing three of these a week 😊

So, for me, once again hanging on to this thought this week:

If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”.. I desperately do NOT want to have to repeat all the hard effort to date.
    Scales tomorrow!😛😜😛

Day 27 — Ohio, US FD
    Day 26 — NFD

A couple of super-busy days. Yesterday, a friend called about some possible spider bites he received and that weren’t going well. He did go to the emergency room and got some antihistamines, but that may not be enough, since the area around one of the bites has turned black-purple. We talked (or mostly he talked) for two and half hours, and then a few hours later he called for another long call. The upshot for the diet was that regular meal times went haywire. I don’t know if it was being hungry after missing meals or being really tense after the telephone calls, but when I did eat, I really ate too much.

So I decided to make today a FD. This morning there was church, and this afternoon there was a community Zoom call and afterwards a reading group meeting that ran for two and a half hours. So another day without time for regular meals. Fortunately, fasting takes care of not eating. 🙂

My plan was to get onto a Monday-Thursday schedule of fast days, but I’m not sure about doing two fast days in a row. I may weigh-in tomorrow morning and if the weight is less than that of the Friday weigh-in, I”ll count today as the first fast day of the week. Otherwise, I’ll see how a second fast will go.

@fastingto58kgs I’m a firm believer in good structure for eating habits! Structure helps me to reduce the number of decisions I make about food every day.

@linda.b That sounds like a wonderful night at the theater! It is so much nicer seeing theater in person than on Zoom or YouTube!

Pocket List – Day 27 🍇
    @funshipfreddie
    @northgeorgia
    @matpi

Day 28 – WLG, NZ – FD
    Another magic Monday 😉 been good so far, having a late dinner to help me get to the end 😂
    Hope everyone having a good FD

Day 28 – Lake district UK – FD

Good morning everyone

The old song ‘Busy doing nothing’ summed up our relaxing weekend, although I did spend an hour raking moss out of the lawns yesterday. I didn’t quite go for a lie down afterwards but did spend time out in the sunshine on the decking with a beer and just reading 😉

Great morning, after a long spell of warm and sunny weather, it’s overcast and raining lightly …. Excellent, I’m off for a morning of piscatorial pursuit round one of our trout lakes.

Take care all

Pocket list for Monday
    @fastingto58kgs
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day 28 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Weigh In: 165

I enjoyed my weekend being alone in the house while DH is in the UK, superb Spring weather, lots of sitting around, reading, and drinking chilled white wine.

I also got stuck into Bridgerton (we watched the first episode last year, DH declared it wasn’t for him, and between it all, I just never watched it again…but oh boy, so glad I had the time to indulge myself this weekend. One more episode left in Season 1 then on into Season 2.

Food choices were OK, but there was a chocolate biscuit and some Tayto crisps yesterday

Tuna salad for lunch, not sure about evening meal…DH will be home tonight but not sure when.

Have a happy Monday.

Day 28 – Ireland – FD

Good to be here and this will be a good week. 💪

Pocket List – Day 28
    @lilymartin
    @linda.b
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @fastingto58kgs
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim

Day 28 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

I just blew my 33 day Wordle streak?! 🥴️ 4 letters in the correct spot after the 4th attempt, but there were still just too many options. Oh well..

@daffodil2010 – I couldn’t get into Bridgerton either. Maybe I should give it another shot. But then I couldn’t get into ‘Game of Thrones’ either, & I still wonder what all the fuss was about 😅

Good to have the first FD of the week out of the way; but the scales were not kind this morning. Instead of removing the extra kilo I had at the start of the month, I seem to have gained one more?! I shouldn’t be surprised. To paraphrase James Carville, “it’s the alcohol, stupid!”. Two more FDs before April, & I will possibly (I didn’t use the ‘h’ word!) be back to where I was at the start of the month.

I’ll be back on the list tomorrow. Sending RESOLVE to the Monday fasters 🎯

Day 28 UK FD

Least said about the weekend the better , busy days food choices not to bad but yes @funshipfreddie old James Carville was right

Anyway resetting see what I can do in these last few days of March

Pocket List – Day 28
    @lilymartin
    @linda.b
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @fastingto58kgs
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim
    @brightonbelle

day 28 – UK – NFD

Today’s my first day back in the office in 2 weeks since getting Covid. Still feeling very tired from it but hopefully that’ll start improving this week. DH is STILL testing solidly positive after 9 days, though symptoms have all but gone. It was my birthday a couple of days ago – the 3rd one in a row in some kind of lockdown… 2020 and 2021’s were because of national lockdowns, this year’s because we actually had the virus. So it’s been quiet and I’m looking forward to celebrating once DH is testing negative.

I’ve been trying to stick with ZBC / 16:8 if nothing else but last week I really needed to eat smaller more regular meals. Something I never usually do but my body really needed the energy. Weirdly, the minute covid hit I started craving muesli so I’ve eaten a fair amount of that too. I can’t remember the last time I had it but I think my body wanted the soothing properties of cold milk and oats.

So I’m going with the flow a bit this week, currently on a ZBC and it’s lunchtime so that bodes well but I’m going to have to listen to my body and do what feels best while I’m getting myself back up to speed.

Have a good day all!

@caoimhe – I hope you’re feeling better now too

Day 28 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 212 lbs. Nice! I might hit 209 tomorrow. Lots of budget work to do today. Let’s hope there’s more money sitting around for payroll next year than I imagine there to be 🙂

Pocket List – Day 28
    @lilymartin
    @linda.b
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @fastingto58kgs
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim
    @brightonbelle
    @northgeorgia

Day 28 USA (Illinois) NFD

The weekend in Milwaukee was most delightful. Had to have a bratwurst and a beer! Of course, having catered meals with the deal meant I ate more than I ever do in a day. But yesterday, Sunday, I was able to do just one meal (leftovers) here at home last evening. Scale is okay this morning. Yeah for that.

@daffodil2010 – we began Season 2 of “Bridgerton” last evening. We did S1 when it was fairly new, so trying to remember all that happened is a bit of a struggle. But we really like the characters and plot so far.

@funshipfreddie – I also didn’t get today’s Wordle — had 3/6 on try 2 but then I found too many choices for the first letter did me in. Oh well, that’s bound to happen!

Off to Silver Sneakers shortly. Onward and downward.

Day 28 – FD800

Weekly weigh in 136.5 – accountable and on track.

Today I learned how to make distilled water at home. I need it for a henna treatment I put on my hair and didn’t have a bottle. Turns out I don’t need to buy a gallon plastic jug of the stuff because it is easy to make a small quantity on my stove! YAY! A small frugal win and better for the environment.

Warm wishes to all!

Day 28 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD800

Dinner out on Friday was sublime, Saturday was out the door at 7:30am and finally home at 9pm, and Sunday was church and then an afternoon of knitting, reading, and watching TV along with a long email about Saturday’s meeting. This morning I feel ready to race into another week. Last week was a harder challenge physically than I care to undertake this week, so I’m doing FD800 on Monday and Wednesday along with WFDs on Tuesday and Thursday.

@matpi I had to go read what I’d said that made you be impressed at my skills at having a place for everything and being so tidy. Oh, honey, you read far more results into my comments than are justified, LOL!!! I try, and sometimes I succeed, but I think it’s a truism that those are ARE tidy don’t even mention the effort; those who merely TRY to be tidy bring it up all the time! 😂😂😂

@linda.b I’m so impressed you skipped the champagne and hors d’oeuvres, and I disagree vehemently: ESPECIALLY because it was so hard to do, you deserve to be smug! Well done, lady!

@flourbaby Not really hungry? That is INDEED most impressive!

@lilymartin I used to suffer from hideous migraines (although, actually, “hideous” is s a superfluous word as they ALL are hideous, huh?), and you have my sympathies. You clearly have much experience in the effort of combatting them. Do meds not work for you? My DD just mentioned the other day that she read a bag of frozen peas (or ice in a bag or whatever) resting on the inside of your wrist for a few minutes helps relieve migraines; have you ever tried that? Yuck, yuck, yuck that you deal with these! Lovely description of the cake you baked; I hope your friend was able to enjoy some.

@funshipfreddie Actually, where the scale is concerned, “hope” strikes me as an entirely reasonable word, as we sure have no direct control over it–all the talk of excellent behavior with no results on Cruella prove that, as does your excellent FD yesterday that didn’t have the anticipated results today. So hope away, even as you make strong choices in what you do and don’t eat. 😂😂😂👍😍

@i-hate-lettuce I adore your descriptions of daily life; I’m so easily distracted by new projects and half-finished projects and too-lazy-to-do-any projects, that your chatter fills me with awe…I wanna be as disciplined at finishing what I start as you when I grow up!

@daffodil2010 Haven’t had time to start on Bridgerton yet, but did watch Cruella last night because I heard descriptions of the costuming and why someone thought they deserved the Oscar for costuming. Finished the movie, agreeing with that sentiment, and then switched over to the Oscars just in time to see them win; that was fun!

@brightonbelle Sounds as if many of us made poor food choices over the weekend. Lovely that the RESET button is available at any time we want it!

@babs_b Bummer on your DH still testing positive, but such a relief that he feels good. Hopefully your fatigue starts to go away now that you’re pushing yourself to go to the office; the fatigue is the most shocking part of Covid, I think. 🤗

@northgeorgia Didn’t you struggle a long time to move out of the 240s?? So while I know you’d rather be making steadier progress, you’re clearly making progress–and massive progress, at that, as 30lbs is nothing to sneeze at. Well done, my friend. And good luck on finding a windfall of cash in the budget today!

@songbirdme So glad you had a lovely time in Milwaukee but without much damage on the scale; well done!

@mariaelena I’ll bet your dad and brothers and other family/friends will be so astonished and dazzled to see how thin you are–at least, I’m assuming you were heavier the last time you saw them? What time does your train pull out on Friday?

@jaifaim At the end of February, you thought you might be able to host April; are you still good with that, or has life changed?

Happy Mother’s Day yesterday!

Pocket List – Day 28
    @lilymartin
    @linda.b
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @fastingto58kgs
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim
    @brightonbelle
    @northgeorgia
    @mariaelena FD800
    @stitchincarol FD800

Have a grand one, everyone, and flex that RESOLVE to finish out March in a truly MOMENTOUS way!

Day28 UK NFD
    Realise I haven’t posted for about 7 days although have followed all yours! I think due to having COVID I have lost all momentum for FD’s/TRE’s and posting myself – which was all going well before. I have however, due to not much appetite, lost 2lb for March so I am feeling there has been some positives.
    Both DH and myself have not had a lot of energy. Usually I do a yoga and Pilates class every week but apart from the dog walk have had no exercise. Hope to start again this week.
    The builder arrived this morning. HOORAY 😄 . I was really geared up for the living room ceiling to be started as the whole room is dire and in real need of decorating and a carpet replace. But no, he has chosen to start the outside job of widening the drive! 😕
    The plumber should be starting tomorrow so it’s all progress at last.
    Hope everyone has an excellent week with plenty of RESOLVE!

USA. Day 28. FD

Adding myself to pocket list for accountability.

Pocket List – Day 28
    @lilymartin
    @linda.b
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @fastingto58kgs
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim
    @brightonbelle
    @northgeorgia
    @mariaelena FD800
    @stitchincarol FD800
    @ccco

Hope everyone is having a great day!

Day 28 Ohio, US — MFD

This morning’s weight was more than that of the last weigh-in, so I decided to do a MFD. It has gone well. I even tried out a new “building block” meal, so now I have two such meals. Right now I think B2B fasts are the most I can reasonaby do. Hopefully I’m now back on track.

@ihatelettuce Your warm weather sounds wonderful! Here it got up to 1 degree above freezing with a steady 20 mph wind that was bitterly cold. Brrr!

@funshipfreddie I watched the Game of Thrones until the Stark family got killed off. Then there was no one left, with the possible exception of Daenerys, that I had the slightest sympathy with. I really don’t like the really dark fantasy that has become popular.

@babs_b Good to see you feel well enough to be back at work! Little by little the fatigue will pass as the body can devote more energy to its usual activities.

@stitchincarol Ha, ha, ha … I bet you’re a lot better at it than me!

@caoimhe I hope your recovery from Covid, especially the fatigue, is quick and complete! As someone what has struggled with chronic fatigue for half my life, I can empathise. I heartily wish that everyone experiencing post-Covid fatigue is able to shake it off very fast!

Pocket List – Day 28
    @lilymartin
    @linda.b
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @fastingto58kgs
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim
    @brightonbelle
    @northgeorgia
    @mariaelena FD800
    @stitchincarol FD800
    @ccco
    @matpi

Day 29 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Weigh In: 165

Still stuck on this spot….have been it seems for the past year. I am ZBC as usual today and following 16:8 but today I don’t feel like an FD.

I suffered the weirdest sudden onslaught of pressure in my ears yesterday afternoon in work (the heat in the office was oppressive and it’s not air con time yet (they turn it on seasonally here in Ireland in our office 😨), but it was so bad I could not hear the people beside me talking. Sound was very muffled. I went outside and could barely hear the birds cheeping. I blew my nose numerous times and could feel the pressure in my ears but they just wouldn’t pop. I was getting a bit concerned. Then about twent minutes later my mobile phone rang and after taking that call I noticed my hearing was better. Thank God.

I could feel pressure again last night so did a sinus rinse, and another one this morning. Very strange.

Have a good Tuesday. Xxxx

Day 29 – Lake district UK – FD

Good morning everyone

FD on Tuesday? Yup, had a really good day yesterday, off out to one of the fisheries up in the hills, had a great morning, some good fish and a couple for the pot!

Yesterdays FD went really well until late afternoon when we broke something in the lounge and had to sort it out. Fortunately it was a seal on a rather nice bottle of South African white, so food-wise the FD was really good …. but 😉

Advantage of this WOL, will simply move yesterdays FD to today and probably benefit from yesterdays low food intake anyway.

@stitchincarol – What makes you think I’m grown up 🙂 I refuse to grow up, can’t stop growing old though, but that’s a different matter 😉

Take care all

Day 29 – Ireland – FD
    159.9lbs (I will stay in 150s)

Great to be here and this will be a great week. 💪
    I’m adopting a positive mental attitude 😉

I had a good day yesterday and hoping for the same today… then CD tomorrow and maybe another FD Thursday..

Up and out early for a beach walk and now to work.

@stitchincarol yes I’m committed and very happy to host April as it will help me get back into the zone. I will set it up later today or tomorrow. Could somebody set up the spreadsheet please? I have to work on my phone due to security settings on my laptops..

I felt so good back at my all time low at start March (157.3) that I want to get back there and beyond…
    It really is our mind which makes the big difference 👍

@wordle what was that word at the weekend!! Obscure! Grrr! Got yesterday’s in 2 – fluke 👍😂 Fluke was not the word btw 😂

@daffodil2010 – I experience that quite a bit as have tinnitus for over 20 years.. it’s a pain! It could be sinus related so keep rinsing. Have heard of a number of friends with ear infections / vertigo recently too so maybe something going around…

Have a lovely day everybody!

Pocket List – Day 29
    @jaifaim
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day 29 UK CD

@daffodil2010 sounds like it might be something I suffer from ETD Eustachian Tube Dysfunction- I got mine under control by learning how to correctly pop my ears and the occasional use of a neti pot

Trying to have a couple of controlled days in between Mon & Thurs fast and looking to set up good habits for April

Day 29, London, UK, FD800

I can’t believe we’re nearing the end of March!!!😲😲

Well, the 4 day weekend is over, it’s such a relief to get back to work!! I thrive on routine, left to my own devices for 4 whole days can & often does result in disaster!!!!😏😏

@lilymartin, the sheep shearing sounds so exciting to me!!! I know it’s not, but for a city gal, anything ‘country’ holds an idyllic impression for me!! 🐑🐏🐑

@funshipfreddie, I got that one on the 6th try, the phone was very close to being lobbed out of the window, soooo frustrating when there are so many options!!!😡 Yet Epoxy and Nymph …………….. I got in 3!!!!🥇🥇

Busy day at work today, this is good as it’ll keep me focussed & delay any hunger pangs, I’ll try to stay mindful of my March goal which I seem to have forgotten …………………. DRINK MORE WATER!!

@i-hate-lettuce, I’ve had similar ‘accidents’ in the past, you know the ones where the bottle slips from your hand but disaster is averted as it lands cork first onto the corkscrew??🤨🤨

Happy fasting folks!!!

“Take the first step in faith. You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.” – Martin Luther King Jr.

Day 29 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

@songbirdme – it was the first letter that got me too yesterday. Success today after attempt 5 😃

@flourbaby – 😂 nymph was a stinker, but I eventually got that one too.

@matpi – I couldn’t name one G of T character! I think I persevered through the first 3 episodes & then gave up. I just didn’t like the gloom & the violence.

@daffodil2010 – that sounds very odd, & maybe worth getting checked out, just to put your mind at rest? I hear getting a doctor’s appointment in the UK is a huge hassle though; is it the same in Ireland?

@i-hate-lettuce – “…we broke something in the lounge…” 😂 South African white – excellent choice! And good to have company on the pocket list.

Pocket List – Day 29 🍋
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @jaifaim
    @flourbaby
    @funshipfreddie

Day 29 – UK – CD

Thanks for the well-wishes, @stitchincarol & @matpi! I did the full day in the office yesterday and am feeling MUCH more human. It’s lovely to get back into my usual routine. Now just looking forward to Mr @babs_b being back here with me – he’s staying put indoors until his 10 day isolation is up. He’ll be free as of midnight Wednesday, just in time for the snow to hit us!

@caiomhe – glad you’re back on track too 👍

I also lost 2lb during the week of having covid but I know I have gained that back and some more after my weekend of birthday indulgences, which was made ‘worse’ by the fact I couldn’t really do anything active or get out to burn any of it off. It didn’t really feel like much of a birthday being cooped up inside yet again so I just ‘accidentally’ ate the sweetest, carb-heavy things going. DH had lots of edible ‘treats’ delivered to our doorstep to make it feel special where we couldn’t go out anywhere.

The fog & fatigue definitely feels like it’s lifting and we also have a HelloFresh box being delivered today with 5 meals in it so at least we are gaining some structure again. They’re not going to be perfect meals but I’m ready to have at least a controlled day today to get off this EFS train I found myself on this weekend! Currently on ZBC, have a soup in the fridge ready for lunch and will have a HelloFresh meal tonight. A few of them are under 650cals so will definitely have one of those.

Then at the weekend I can start planning meals from the trusty F800 recipe book again and get us both back into our F800 routine just in time for the fresh start of April.

@funshipfreddie – I agree with you on G of T… It was so gloomy I didn’t bother with it either!

@daffodil2010 – I hope the ear pressure subsides, that sounds frustrating

@i-hate-lettuce – that did make me laugh!! Hopefully it was a lovely drop 🍷(why is there no white wine emoji?)

Have a lovely Tuesday all

Day 29 – Wellington, NZ – FD800
    Not a planned FD, been very busy today, even went to the gym in my lunch break 😯 my butt hurts so much from gym, feels like when you’ve slipped and landed on your bottom 🤣
    Plan to see a gal friend this Friday really looking forward to it, we haven’t seen each other since October last year, we’ve been friends for 11 years 😇 we plan to get a scone and a cuppa at the local Cafe.

Still plan to fast again Thursday.
    Keep well 😊

Pocket List – Day 29 😀
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @jaifaim
    @flourbaby
    @funshipfreddie

Day 29 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 209. Yay, the goose egg (last seen on March 11)! Been a rocky month, but we’re getting there. April is the month of Easter, so I hope to see a lot of easter eggs in the weigh-in next month 🙂

Day 29 – Rural Nebraska, USA – WFD

I think I’m a dual personality. Not to make light of serious problems, but GAH!!! Yesterday turned into EFS, and every time I’d try to stop the momentum by thinking about that skirt for Easter, the in-control-me wouldn’t even give the trying-to-rescue-the-situation-me the courtesy of pretending to consider that skirt and all my goals and to-date-losses.

Again, GAH!!!

So why do we have a part of us inside so little interested in losing weight? I’m sure there are many reasons, but for me, yesterday’s overwhelming motive was because I WANTED TO COOK A LOVELY MEAL WITH NO CALORIE LIMITATIONS. So I thought I could do that within the 800 calories I had planned (@babs_b you’ve been doing that, right??). And perhaps I could have…had I not added in pistachios. And then four servings of smoked almonds. Some blue cheese on crackers. A bottle of wine (well, no, not the entire bottle, LOL). And, heck, while we’re at it, let’s have some leftover kringle as an appetizer and then later as a dessert.

You get the idea. Today I feel awful from all the food congealing in my belly. Part of me thinks it serves me right. Most of me is remembering this feeling so that the next time I start to indulge in EFS, I consider if this feeling is a result I’m willing to endure. (I even tried considering this last night…it didn’t help.)

Okay, enough with the self-recriminations. I’m human, and make colossal mistakes, and today I’ll water fast, and the two days combined will add up to a reasonable caloric-intake divided between them. And if that skirt doesn’t fit for Easter, it will eventually fit.

@matpi What’s a “building block” meal??

@daffodil2010 Is it possibly ear wax that has been dislodged and is blocking the canal? I’ve had that happen three times in my life and it’s MOST uncomfortable, partly from physical sensations but mostly from not being able to hear. If it is, google how to get rid of it: you either go to the doctor and they “wash it out” or you buy OTC meds to soften the wax and wash it out yourself.

@i-hate-lettuce Well, keep in mind I didn’t say YOU were grown up, I said that I wanted to be like you when “I” grow up–which implies I ALSO am not a grown-up, LOL!

@jaifaim Thanks for agreeing to host April, and congratulations for slipping below 160 again!

@flourbaby I laughed out loud: “I’ve had similar ‘accidents’ in the past, you know the ones where the bottle slips from your hand but disaster is averted as it lands cork first onto the corkscrew??🤨🤨”

@funshipfreddie I’m joining you also on the list!

@babs_b Glad you’re feeling a bit more energy; it will all return eventually, but the waiting is frustrating, huh? And so glad MrBabsB is close to being “free.”

@fastingto58kgs LOL, that gym work-out was a doozy, wasn’t it? Perhaps a soak in a hot bath is in order??

@northgeorgia Nice number this morning!

Sorry for the long rant at the top of this post. I’ve considered just deleting it, but figure perhaps it will somehow be helpful to someone else. The good news I can share is that I have at least a third of my tax paperwork done, and perhaps more, but whatever the number, I’m at the point of being carried along by the momentum. It will SUCH a relief to get it done so we can meet with the accountant.

Have a grand one, everyone!

Pocket List – Day 29 😀
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @jaifaim
    @flourbaby
    @funshipfreddie
    @stitchincarol

Viewing 50 posts - 351 through 400 (of 434 total)

You must be logged in to reply.