Momentous March

This topic contains 420 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by  AT 2 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 434 total)

• Day 18, NFD, Aus

Had a rough week so VERY glad it’s Friday.

have a great weekend everyone and wishing all who are currently suffering from a lurgy or the ‘rona, a speedy recover.

Day 18 country west Australia NFD
    Still feeling a bit ‘ blahhhh’ from the mystery ailment. Headachey and just not 100%.
    But Cruella is still playing nice so that is a plus. The good thing is my appetite has reduced a lot ATM so will take that!๐Ÿ‘
    @penz sorry to hear you have had a bad week and trust that the weekend is better.๐ŸŒท
    @i hate lettuce, congratulations on the 2 year maintenance. Glad to hear you are having a SKI-ing holiday – Spending the Kids’ Inheritance!!) ๐Ÿค—
    @songbirdme, well done on your FDs and maintenance.๐ŸŒธ People like you ๐Ÿ˜‡ are my inspiration for this WOL and is certainly keeping on track this year.
    Momentous March seems to have had a bit of a bump in the road for some of us but HOPING that most are back on track.๐Ÿคฃ
    @stitchincarol yes I plan to keep to my FDs as currently doing them but it is interesting to read/hear of others’ views.
    Anything to shift the tractor tyre, well it is now more a ute tyre- around my waist.
    I feel so uncomfortable and although am somewhat thinner than I was, I still visualise myself carrying around 7 x 3 kg bags of oranges which also helps keep me motivated and appalled at the same time that I had let it get so far out of control!!๐Ÿฅบ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ
    Have a good day all.
    Autumn is trying to get started here, and I am envious of you ‘ northerners’ and plans of gardens and gardening exploits, but with 34ยบC today with humidity, hmmm…….
    Think the gardening will have to wait until it is somewhat cooler. ๐Ÿ˜

DAY 18, UK – FD

Fast Day for me today โ€ฆ Iโ€™m very buoyed up by yesterdayโ€™s results:)

@lilymartin – Iโ€™m so sorry to rain on your picnic ๐Ÿ™
    Yes I really love a drop of milk in my tea at 4pm and Iโ€™m gutted that itโ€™s no-go!

However I do personally think that there is a lot to be said for throwing in a couple of little cheats in order to achieve a bigger goal!! So if your white coffee Is what gets you through a fast day, then that is worth it in my book!

Happy Friday everyone ๐Ÿ™‚

Second post

@stitchincarol

I will post an anonymous email address on here (generated via ProtonMail) , so we can exchange email addresses (via DM) if you like โ€ฆ and I can forward you a screenshot of the type of information that you get from Siim Land.?

Day 18 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD

@lilymartin, @stitchincarol – ‘lekker!’ can mean anything – good, great, awesome, nice, tasty. “Let’s fire up the braai” (barbie/barbecue) “Lekker, man!” Lekkers are also sweets, candy, lollies. It can also mean ‘very’ as in “he was lekker drunk”.

@high5 – the subjects of what actually breaks a fast or spikes insulin comes up a lot. Having a splash of milk in tea/coffee has never stopped me from losing weight or maintaining. ‘Coffee can spike insulin’ – but does it? Everyone is different. For every article/web page that says one thing, you can find another that contradicts it. I would take anything that Siim Land writes with a pinch of sea salt. From what I see he describes himself as a coach/author/blogger. I’m sure he’s very successful, but he’s not a doctor & has no medical training. He could well be a genius though, if he’s getting people to cough up $47 for his Circadian NAD+ Activation System (special launch week offer!) I hope it works!

Happy Fri-yay everyone! ๐Ÿท

Pocket List – Day 18 ๐Ÿ“
    @high5

Day 18 – Lake District UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Weekly weigh in day, was expecting to be at my maintenance weight today, pleasantly surprised to be down a pound! To be honest, as I mentioned earlier it the week, it’s the 5:2 WOL, I’m pretty good at keeping to my 2 FD’s. Plus generally cut down and only have the occasional ‘treat’ but not that bothered about sweet stuff. Alcohol has also been very much reduced, maybe an odd glass or two but even then only an odd evening. Haven’t bought any alcohol since well before Christmas. OK I’ve got the ‘Den brewery’ in the workshop, but even cut down on beer as well, only had the odd one last weekend watching rugby, very surprising.

Talking of rugby …. Final weekend of the 6 Nations Internationals 3 games back to back on Saturday ! Going to be a long day ๐Ÿ˜‰

@stitchincarol – Where now you asked? Well we love going on a cruise so we have some special ones over the next 2 years, organised, yes, with reason! Easy, early booking = best discounts! So later this year, Greek Islands. Next year, Iceland and Greenland then Norway and Baltic (ex Russia). Plus our UK breaks, the joys of retirement, worked and saved all our married lives, now trying to make the most of it!

Take care all

Day 18 UK NFD

Hurrah ! itโ€™s the weekend and in what seems like years I can have a day off decorating/moving/cleaning Got a Northern Thai BBQ meal booked for this evening and going to enjoy ( but want to stay sensible ๐Ÿคž)

Suns out , feels like a good day Wishing all the best , catch ya later x

Day 18 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 210 lbs. Breaking fast now with some nuts and seeds. You know, the conference was the first we held in two years, so the leader asked us to introduce ourselves to the new folks and explain “how we are coming today — happy, anxious, etc.” So I said, “I’m coming to you 70 lbs lighter over 2020,” to a round of applause and congratulations. Such an awesome feeling!

Hard to believe March is half over. We have some big storms moving through today. Finally discovered that machine at home just needed some new wiring — a lot less expensive fix than I imagined. Then replaced the batteries in my smoke detectors and a bulb in my aquarium. Whew. Maybe life is on the mend.

Good luck to you all today!

Day 18 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD

Yesterday descended into EFS. I felt so awful that I thought if I ate something, I’d feel better. I didn’t, so I ate something else. That also didn’t help, but I kept eating stuff, searching for the elusive “something.” Went to bed. Didn’t sleep. Finally realized the cold medicine I was taking was supposed to be 2 tablets every 4-6 hours rather than 1 tablet every 12 hours (it’s always a problem to keep the meds but throw away the box, right??). I feel much better this morning, thanks to the additional meds, so I’m doing my best to gather all my RESOLVE and eat little enough to make up a bit for yesterday.

@high5 How delightful to drop 3lbs! And thanks for the link; I’m considering it… ๐Ÿ˜œ And I’d be happy to exchange emails the way you suggest!

@songbirdme Have you toyed with 5:2 for a couple weeks in order to drop the extra few pounds, or are you content to go the slow route with 6:1?

@penz Sorry you had such a rough week; are you liking your new job any better?

@lilymartin Yup, it’s a lovely side effect of illness of any sort to lose our appetite, LOL! I always figure that’s the silver lining. ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

@funshipfreddie Oh, what a fun new word; thanks for the explanation!!

@i-hate-lettuce Oh, how fun to have the Greek Islands, then Iceland and Greenland, then Norway and Baltic! Some of my father’s family still lives in Norway, and my sisters and I talk about us all going (4 sisters, 2 DHs) on a trip there. My DH being the only non-retired one in the bunch (well, me too, but I can more easily just go) makes it a bit challenging right now…someday!

@brightonbelle Have a lovely time tonight with your meal!

@northgeorgia Oh, that had to be a lovely, lovely moment indeed!

Weekly Zoom call with my sisters in two hours then over to church to start work on upcoming services; I’m thinking that will keep me absorbed enough during my toughest hours (late afternoon) to not eat until supper tonight.

Have a grand one, everyone!

Day 18, London, UK, FD800

Yesterday wasn’t even close to 800cals, but I’m not letting it get me down or make me throw in the towel. I’m just gonna keep on keeping on!!๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ˜

Lots to catch up on, but there’s a mountain of housework & batch cooking for my mum’s meals this week.๐Ÿ‘ฉ๐Ÿฝโ€๐Ÿณ

I hope we’re all staying focused on the narrow path this wagon is travelling. If I can just stay ON the path, this weight loss thing WILL be a doddle!!!๐Ÿคฃ

Onward & downwards folks!!!

Day 18 – UK – FD800

What a gorgeous sunshiny day ๐Ÿ˜Ž and I had a negative test at last ๐Ÿ’ƒ so out I went for lovely long walk to the top of Loughrigg down to Loughrigg Tarn and across to Skelwith Bridge before heading back to Ambleside via Loughrigg Shoulder 12.3km and over 550m of uphill – perfect day almost feels like summer!!!

Aiming for a B2B FD800 to finish the week on a positive week…..

Apologies to the Irish ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช contingent – I forgot it was St Patrick’s Day yesterday – hope you all had a good one โ˜˜๏ธ

@i-hate-lettuce – congratulations on the 2 year maintenance and finding this WOL easy – looking forward to a great afternoon of ๐Ÿ‰ tomorrow
    @caoimhe – not surprised you tested positive too ๐Ÿคž you only have mild symptoms and recover soon – OH and I were both lucky to have mild symptoms – a week from onset of symptoms I finally had a negative test today!
    @high5 – must be such a relief to get rid of those plaster casts and on the road to recovery from your injuries and those 3lbs must have been water retention but a good feeling to see them go x
    @ccco – I had missed about your brother’s heart attack but good to hear that he is feeling better and hopefully heading to a full recovery – thinking of you all
    @penz – sorry to read that you had a rough week – enjoy the weekend and ๐Ÿคž for a better one next week
    @lilymartin – sorry that you are still feeling a bit โ€˜ blahhhhโ€™ from the mystery ailment – hope you feel better soon x

OH has just got back from a long slow run – he has decided to slow down his daily runs whilst positive so as not to stress his system too much – he is still feeling fine and has started his antivirals today as they arrived in the post this morning – we were both lucky to get them on this trial we joined

Anyway wishing everyone a good weekend – weather for the UK looks good too ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Day 18 16:8 CD

Lots of worries here. DHโ€™s car starter failed and needs to be replaced. Prob wonโ€™t be able to afford to replace phone for a few months now. Sigh. Limited to what I can do on this one, which is very little.

I can check off on my weight, exercise and eating, tho.

Wishing all a happy and healthy weekend.

Day 18. NFD. I’m from New Zealand

A bit about myself – because I haven’t joined this forum before. Im a nurse that works in a general practice we have over 4,000 patients. Some days busier than others.

I have just started back on 5:2 after my weight slowly increased since Christmas last year. So I have just finished my first week of 5:2. Monday FD was really hard I felt dizzy and nauseous but somehow made it through. Thursday was a lot easier but was craving a cheeseburger at dinner so just brushed my teeth and went to bed haha.

Hope everyone is keeping well. It’s the weekend here in NZ so plan to go out for brunch with my sister

Day 19 country West Australia NFD ( 184.8 lbs)
    Aiming eventually for 65 kgs ( 143 lbs) !!!๐Ÿ™„๐Ÿฅบ๐Ÿ˜ณ
    The size a lot of clothes in my wardrobe are for.๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿฅบ๐Ÿ˜ณ
    Posting the number is rather frightening but will keep me accountable.
    @flourbaby I feel SO motivated this year with this forum and being accountable. It all helps.
    AND filled with RESOLVE for March rather than just hoping !
    Woke up this morning feeling bright eyed and bushy tailed as they say! Most of the blah-ness gone.
    Stomach still feels a little sensitive so all good as I am still not craving a lot of food.
    Cruella is being stingy โ˜น๏ธbut allowing a 100g drop since Thursday so I will take that. ๐Ÿ˜
    However the tape measure does not lie!!! And the cms are ever so slowly disappearing . ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
    7cms off the waist since January!! No wonder my jeans feel better.๐Ÿคช
    Welcome @fastingto58kgs to this very supportive group. We are happy when anyone joins๐Ÿ˜.
    It is so good to help each other and at times just be there when someone is going through a rough patch or whatever.
    Congratulations on the FD and cleaning your teeth instead of indulging is such a good tactic ๐Ÿ˜‡
    @mariaelena so sorry to hear you have so many worries. Sending thoughts and prayers that things will soon turn out for the better .๐Ÿ™
    @at so pleased you have returned a negative test.๐Ÿ˜ I love the sound of some of the places you walk. They sound fabulous though I suspect when I say them aloud my pronunciation would be woefully inaccurate.๐Ÿค—
    I am still trying to get my head around Caoimhe being ‘ Keeva or Queeva’ .
    @funshipfreddie, I love the ‘ lekker’ word!! Wondering if we are able to ‘ culturally appropriate it into the Aus/English language ?? ๐Ÿค”
    @northgeorgia , how fabulous for you at the conference. Must have made you feel terrific.๐Ÿ‘
    @brightonbelle, enjoy your day off! ๐Ÿ™ƒ
    @high5, I still have white tea and coffee but trying to have less milk๐Ÿ˜Š
    It’s a cooler day today so off to the nursery to get some plants to put in before the hot weather returns!!
    Have a good day.๐Ÿ˜

Day 19 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD

@lilymartin – go for it! I’m sure ‘lekker’ will be even better with an Aussie accent ๐Ÿ˜‰

@fastingto58kgs – welcome to the forum. Where in NZ are you?

@high5 – I just read what I posted yesterday, & I realise I may have sounded scathing. So I’m sorry for that; I wasn’t trying to disrespect you or Siim Land. I know NOTHING & he may well be the best thing since sliced (wholewheat) bread. ๐Ÿค—

Wishing everyone a lekker weekend โ›…๏ธ ๐ŸŒˆ

Day 19 – Lake district UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Big day for rugby fans today, but first off I’ve to finish off a refurb job. Been a really good project so far. Stripped down dining table and six chairs, they’d become old and faded, well used. So sanded them down and last job today, final finish coat on the table and the last three of the chairs. Luckily sun is shining and its warm so once the final coat is on they should dry out nicely …. in time for this afternoons Internationals ๐Ÿ˜‰ Brownie points by the bucket load ๐Ÿ™‚

@fastingto58kgs – Don’t forget to drink plenty of water! I’ve made the mistake in the past, particularly on FD’s. Went off on one of my MOAM walks one day and felt really bad, pretty much as you say, light headed and nauseous. Realised not been drinking enough and become dehydrated, so extra water needed on FD’s, it’s surprising how much water there is in food.

Take care all

Day 19 UK NFD

Morning all – Beautiful day here and Iโ€™m just about to go out for a walk , meet my son for lunch then back home for Rugby fest – great day !

Just totted up on MFP for yesterday and just under 1800 cals which I think is round about my TDEE so as long as thats my weekly splurge should be able to achieve a loss this month ?

Have a great Saturday all

Day 19 – Rural Nebraska, USA – CD

I’m finally better and am no longer “sick with a cold” but simply “HAVE a cold.” That’s one side effect of Covid and wearing masks that I will always treasure: I think this is my first cold since 2020! I ate decently yesterday, although my brain was still foggy enough that I don’t really know how close I came to my 500 calorie goal; today will be good as well, simply because I say it will be…you know, RESOLVE, and all that.

@flourbaby Do you struggle with nibbling when you’re doing batch cooking like that? I would be so challenged!

@at So glad you two are doing so well, and that you finally tested negative! Is having had Covid, and gaining the antibodies from it, going to make your OH more willing to go to a restaurant now, or even less willing?

@mariaelena Aww, I’m so sad for your life difficulties, and we miss your usual chatter.

@fastingto58kgs Welcome! We love newbies to our group, although it sounds as if you’re not in the least new to 5:2. We look forward to getting to know you as you chatter and slowly lose your weight. How much are you wanting to lose?

@lilymartin How fun it will be for you to start wearing some of those clothes you have tucked away in your closet. That’s been my delight, is to fit into things I haven’t worn in several years. Now to lose the final twenty so I can fit into others! (The drawback being, of course, that then I’ll be far too thin for other things…but I’ll cope!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚)

@i-hate-lettuce Good advice for @fastingto58kgs and wise words: “itโ€™s surprising how much water there is in food.”

@brightonbelle Having lunch with your son and then an afternoon of rugby sounds delightful! DH and I had fun watching the Creighton/San Diego State basketball game on Thursday evening, and seeing Creighton–who was behind by 4-9 points for most of the game–pull off the victory. The college is in Omaha (and in fact, one of the lessons I teach is there, to a student), so we were rooting for them, and are looking forward to today’s game. They’re playing the #1 seed, so success seems unlikely, but perhaps they’ll pull off another surprise!

Okay, off to be productive with my no-longer-fuzzy brain, LOL! Have a grand one, everyone!

Day 19 USA (Illinois) NFD

Had the rest of a delicious quiche (egg, cheese, sausage) for breakfast, but will wait to eat again with leftover corned beef dinner. More NCAA basketball today for us on a rainy, windy, cold March day. My friend reminded me March came in “like a lamb” so here is our “lion” weather!

@fastingto58kgs – yes, welcome to our friendly and supportive forum! I completely agree (as will others) that brushing your teeth is an excellent way to keep from eating. Often for me it will be in the evening when I am craving a bowl of ice cream.

@mariaelena – hang in there, girlfriend. Life throws punches, for sure, but I know you are resilient and will muddle through them.

@stitchincarol – I hoped Creighton would pull out a win, and they did! Our ILLINI had us in near heart failure with a last minute win. Michigan plays today (of our 4 kiddos, #2 and #4 went there for Musical Theater while #1 and #3 did Liberal Arts at Illinois). How cool that you have a Creighton student as one of your students. Oh, and my 6:1 is solely intended for maintenance, although I probably ought to go onto 5:2 for a month to get rid of just a few pounds. Lazy, am I? Guess so … content to be at 162# for now.

@lilymartin – thank you for the props. I appreciate being someone who shows this WOL can work even in maintenance!

Onward and downward.

Day 19, London, UK, NFD

Uurgh another NFD, this doesnโ€™t bode well for my FD800 12 week programme!!! Determination & resolve are required in abundance to take on this challenge!!๐Ÿ˜ฏ๐Ÿ˜ฏ

Welcome @fastingto58kgs, youโ€™ve joined a group of supportive, knowledgeable & determined fasters, we can & we will!!!๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿฝ re. water content in food, what I wouldnโ€™t give to be able to say Iโ€™m eating this entire pack of biscuits to increase my water consumption today!!!………………… If only life worked the way I want it to!!๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚

@mariaelena, no stressing! Youโ€™re nailing this WOL, the car WILL be fixed and youโ€™re managing with the โ€˜oldโ€™ phone!!! Life might not be perfect right now, but itโ€™ll do!!! Stay strong๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

@stitchincarol, funnily enough when batch cooking I NEVER nibble, because I weigh every ingredient in order to calculate exactly what Iโ€™ll be eating๐Ÿค“๐Ÿค“๐Ÿค“, any nibbling would defeat the objective!!!

“It’s going to be hard, but hard is not impossible.” Chuck Palahniuk

Day 19, Wellington, New Zealand. NFD
    Thanks everyone for welcoming me to the group.

@FUNSHIPFREDIE I am in Wellington ๐Ÿ˜Š

@i hate lettuce I did have lots of water and electrolytes. May have been that I haven’t done a fast like this in a very long time?

@stitchincarol no not new to 5:2, have done it before but I guess I made excuses and pretty much stopped. Well weight just piled on after that, so back again and going to do it right with a maintainence plan. I am wanting to lose about 30kg, I’m currently sitting at 110kg so 80kg is a good start and then go from there.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day! It’s Sunday here so planning to walk along the beach and get a nice brew โ˜•๏ธ

Day 19 – USA/GA – NFD

Oops, realized I forgot to post today. Weigh-in: 213 lbs. Tomorrow I restart the B2B FDs. Happy weekend!

Day 19 – UK – NFD

Another gorgeous sunny day – 2nd negative test ๐Ÿ’ƒso went out for a 12km hike with some 600m elevation to celebrate – Wansfell Pike via Blue Hill Wood then down to Troutbeck and back to Ambleside via Robin’s Lane and Skelghyll Woods – feeling good!

Then an afternoon of relaxation watching ๐Ÿ and ๐Ÿ‰

What an evening of Rugby ๐Ÿ‰
    The Azzurros ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น broke their seven-year Six Nations losing sequence with a shock late win over Wales ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ท๓ ฌ๓ ณ๓ ฟ
    Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช pack starred as they beat Scotland to clinch their first Triple Crown in four years BUT the night belongs to
    France ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท who have smashed up this Six Nations with their final win over England ๐Ÿด๓ ง๓ ข๓ ฅ๓ ฎ๓ ง๓ ฟ. They’ve been simply the best. They thoroughly deserve to be champions – Go Les Bleues ๐Ÿ‰ and not only can France play, but they can party too.

Weight this morning was 57.6kg lowest since last year sometime – giving me some wriggle room from the top of my maintenance range for the first time in ages!!

Catch up with the posts tomorrow!

Day 20 – Lake district UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

@at … Well what a day for rugby fans yesterday, started off with a fantastic spectacle, Italy putting one over the Wales team, who were playing at home!

Followed by Ireland beating Scotland and picking up the triple crown!

Then at 7pm I had to go out to a function ….. not getting home until 10 pm, luckily it was in the village and never heard anything about the England France game, which we were recording. Finished off our day watching France beating England.

Congratulations to Six Nations Rugby and the winners.

Amongst all the games in the tournament this year, two things really stood out for me, Italy winning yesterday, they just didn’t give up.
    The second was the Welsh player Josh Adams who was named as man of the match by the commentary team a few minutes before the game ended. After that Italy went on to win, a fabulous last minute try made by the young Italian fullback Ange Capuozzo.
    After the game Josh Adams went to Capuozzo and gave him the man of the match medal, an excellent example of sportsmanship.

No wonder I’m a great fan of this game and this tournament.

Sorry, for boring non rugby fans ๐Ÿ˜‰

Relaxing day gardening, finishing off with a polish coat for the dining room furniture and maybe even watch the highlights from yesterday ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

Take care all

Day 20 NFD country west Australia
    Not the best day food wise but not a disaster as RESOLVED to be mindful on a NFD ( often a downfall as FDs take care of themselves pretty much.)
    Homemade tomato soup simmering on the stove and a slice of homemade wholewheat bread will be Sunday dinner. ๐Ÿ˜‹
    I am not a rugby fan at all – don’t understand the game though my DH enjoys watching it.
    I am an AFL ( Australian Football League ) fan big time but such a fairweather fan๐Ÿ˜ข.
    I follow the Fremantle Dockers aka The Shockers.
    They were the most inaccurate team in the 19 team national competition last year.๐Ÿ˜”
    Today we were 20 points up at half time then the opposition kicked 6 unanswered goals and we were so far in arrears that I turned the TV off and went and did some housework and then some sheep work with DH.
    Just finished walking the sheep down the paddock and a friend rang to say that he was still recovering his hearing after his wife’s ( fellow Freo supporter) screaming at the TV.
    The Dockers won by a solitary point almost on the final siren !!!!!! ๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณWhaaaatttt????? And I didn’t even record it. So that will teach me.๐Ÿ˜Š
    @high5, I have resorted to sometimes drinking lemon and ginger tea to make up for the milk in my tea. ๐Ÿ˜
    @i hate lettuce. You sound as though you are very busy ! I trust the table and chairs turned out as well as you hoped they would.๐Ÿ˜‡
    @at, glad you enjoyed the rugby which does sound interesting though as mentioned for the life of me I do not understand it!! Congratulations on the low weight. Very nicely done.๐Ÿ‘
    @fastingto 58kgs I went to Wellington many many years ago and thought it was a lovely city.
    NZ is a beautiful country and I think they make fabulous ice cream and the seafood in the north island…๐Ÿ˜‹ It was 30 years ago and I still remember it !
    @flourbaby, we can do this together girlfriend ! ๐Ÿค๐Ÿค I need resolve by the truckload BUT here I am showing up almost daily for accountability and inspiration and motivation. Together we are stronger. ๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿ’ช Happy to give you a leg up or a hand up or whatever to keep you on the wagon if that I what you require.
    @stitchincarol so pleased to hear that you are getting better and ‘ only have a cold’. ๐ŸŒท
    Off to whizz the soup and toast the bread for an early dinner.
    Have a good rest of Sunday.

Day 20 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD

A lovely sunny day in Durban during our long weekend; Human Rights Day tomorrow.

@i-hate-lettuce – have you watched ‘The Cruise’? I stumbled upon it on You Tube recently. It’s an ITV programme from a few years ago. Each episode is about 22 minutes long & follows passengers & crew during their cruises on board the Regal Princess. There are some very intriguing characters, & it made me feel quite nostalgic for my cruise ship years. Narrated by Hugh Bonneville from Downton Abbey.

Happy S๐ŸŒžnday & see you on the list tomorrow….

Day 20 UK NFD

Had a great day yesterday but blew the โ€œrestraint โ€œ so better day today and reset Monday with a FD – still a 1/3 of March left ๐Ÿ’ช

Day 20 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 216 lbs. My weight is like gas prices — the numbers fall a pound every week or two, but when they go up the numbers skyrocket by three pounds. I even felt bloated this weekend. But, time for a reset and to get back to my success before mid-month. I’m sure Easter next month will play out similarly, so hope to see some good success in April before that upset ๐Ÿ™‚

B2B WFD starts today. The last full week of March begins. Time to start thinking about April goals. I must return to the Fung principles, because I behaved very badly this weekend for no reason at all. For me: stop snacking, more water and less sugar drinks, up the vegetable intake, beware of candy. Easy stuff; not sure why it seems so hard on the day.

Pocket list – Day 20
    @northgeorgia

Day 20 USA (Illinois) NFD

Popcorn at the movies just does it to me. Up 2.2 pounds (1 KG) in one day that I know is just water retention. It also goes away pretty fast.

Onward and downward.

Day 20 – Rural Nebraska, USA – CD

Just finished a brunch of a 2-egg omelet with a bit of cheese, and two pieces of toast; it’s only DH and me today, so we skipped all the extras that often go into Sunday brunch. I’m working on building up my RESOLVE and determination that my eating for the rest of the day is minimal…that’s always easier when I’m filled to overflowing at mid-day, so we’ll see how much the protein of the eggs and cheese overpowers the carbs of the two pieces of toast, one with jam. ๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ๐Ÿ˜œ

@songbirdme Yeah, it was a joy to see Creighton win on Thursday, and a shame they couldn’t pull off the same miracle yesterday against #1 Kansas. I haven’t heard how your Illini did?

@flourbaby Ahh, but just because it would defeat the purpose to nibble, that wouldn’t stop everyone, LOL! I’m impressed, lady!

@fastingto58kgs There are MANY of us who successfully did 5:2 then let it slip, pretending we were still fasting…and never doing it! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ You are absolutely in good company!

@at Well done at dropping some weight so you have some wriggle room below your top weight!!

@i-hate-lettuce Nope, not bored: don’t know rugby, never SEE rugby, but somehow love reading all the descriptions you and @at post! ๐Ÿ˜

@lilymartin Oh, NO!!!! Your team won and you weren’t watching??? SUCH a joy even though it’s partly a bummer, too, not to have seen it!

@northgeorgia Yeah, I too have succumbed to the snacking monster, and have been shocked at how indifferent I am to every argument I can come up with to stop myself from doing so. This is going to take some serious thought and a firm talking-to to stop.

Pocket list โ€“ Day 20
    @northgeorgia

Day 20, London, UK, NFD

Late check-in from me today, just back from an 11k (steps๐Ÿ˜) walk and pub roast dinner (The roasties we’re SCREAMING my name, unfortunately sainthood is a loooong way off๐Ÿ˜ฒโ˜น๐Ÿ˜ฅ)

@lilymartin, I guess I gonna need some gorilla glue to keep me on that wagon, tomorrow? ………………. I start the Fast 800 ……………. again!!!๐Ÿ˜ฑ๐Ÿ˜ฑ

The weather is fabulous, so salads shouldn’t be an issue ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿฝ, I just wish I could postpone Mother’s Day and Easter for a few months!!!๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

Time to knuckle down ………… again!!

Keep the faith folks!!

@stitchincarol – our ILLINI squeaked out a victory by 1 point on Friday, but were soundly beaten today by an excellent Univ. of Houston team. It was a great season. ๐Ÿ™

Day 21, FD, Aus

Thanks for your thoughts re my tough week. I’m not enjoying my job anymore and I’m now planning the long game to extract myself without too much loss of face.

Hang in there @mariaelena – looks like life is throwing some challenges your way at the moment but you’ve already proved yourself one strong tough lady, so I know you’ll succeed (and certainly deserve that new phone!)

Day 21 FDWR ( Fast Day With Resolve!!) country west Australia
    Thinking my FDWR will melt into a FD…W!!๐Ÿ˜ข
    Doing well until DH came out with a delicious fresh fruit salad .
    And 1 small spoon of fruit salad magically turned into a BOWL of fruit salad WITH 1/4 cup muesli AND 2 tablespoons greek yoghurt…. AND a crumpet. So OK let’s stop pretending.
    Today is probs NOT a FD. ๐Ÿค”Although I do not plan to eat anything else.
    So might ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿคž๐Ÿคž?? just ?? squeak in with an 800 FD????? ๐Ÿคž๐Ÿคž
    @penz such an awful place to be in . Hope the extraction process is not too painful. Do you have any plans for future jobs? Sending good thoughts your way.๐ŸŒท
    @flourbaby, you and me both !!!!!!!!! re 5:2 . Luckily each day is a brand new start.๐Ÿ˜Š

Day 21 – Gold Coast Queensland Australia – FD

@at I’m putting you on a pedestal for today.. you rock lady! What an inspiration to us all that you are.๐Ÿ˜„๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜„ you are where I, and all of us, want to be…. in maintenance WOL!๐Ÿ†๐Ÿฅ‡๐Ÿ†๐Ÿฅ‡

I’m calculating that today is my fourth last FD for this MOMENTOUS MARCH. Wikipedia says March 21 is the 80th day of the year (81st in leap years) in the Gregorian calendar; 285 days remain until the end of the year. How quickly time passes, especially when you’re having so much fun fasting ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿ˜› and for me that’s 5:2.

So today I’m full of RESOLVE because I just can’t turn back… can’t waste my efforts to date and as someone said, “If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am nowโ€..
    I desperately do NOT want to have to repeat all the hard effort to date.

Results for MOMENTOUS MARCH have NOT been eye-watering (in any good sense).. This plateau thing for me seems to be very real, because I have been absolutely focussed on my FD and NFD calorie intake, not fudged the regimen once(!) and only budged a kilo in three weeks. Not good enough!
    So another fun day of FD for me! Telling my fat that it’s time to jump off the plateau, I say!๐Ÿ˜œ๐Ÿคฉ๐Ÿคฉ

Thank you to all for your wonderful blogs, I read them all and connect with the joy and sometimes pain as we reach out to support each other. We can and we WILL do this together๐Ÿ™‹โ€โ™€๏ธ

Onwards and downwards

Pocket list โ€“ Day 21
    @linda.b

Day 21 – Wellington, NZ – FD
    First fast day of the week. Doing pretty good so far, no light headedness which is great! Conveniently have my dental hygienist appointment booked for tonight so should prevent me from eating haha

Another busy Monday at work, probably helps with fasting day too. Next FD this Thursday.

@lilymartin icecream is still delicious here ๐Ÿ˜‹ really love the real fruit icecream on a hot day!

Day 21 – Lake district UK – FD

Good morning everyone

What a fabulous weekend, finished it off yesterday bimbling round the garden, sorting out planters/pots and tubs ready for planting in a few weeks time. Even sowed some early salad greens etc in troughs, cut whilst young and throw them straight onto the plate.

@funshipfreddie – Yes we saw that programme first time round, as you say, always some characters around!

Expect there might be a few names on the pocket list today ….

Take care all

Pocket list โ€“ Day 21
    @penz
    @lilymartin
    @linda.b
    @fastingto58kgs
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day 21 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – FD

@at – wow, 12 kms?! I was trying to convince myself I didn’t need to fast today, but now I’m inspired.

Going to try to keep busy & if the going gets tough I’ll just daydream about tomorrow’s Jewel of India lunch.

Stronger together ๐Ÿ’ช

Pocket list โ€“ Day 21 ๐Ÿ
    @penz
    @lilymartin
    @linda.b
    @fastingto58kgs
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @funshipfreddie

Day 21 โ€“ Gold Coast Queensland Australia โ€“ FD

@i-hate-lettuce – bimbling? That’s a new word for me and I had to look it up. Love it…. bimbling around the garden…. sounds so idyllic … and I will use it myself ๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽˆ๐ŸŽˆ conjures up an image of balloons just bimbling around the place. ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿฅฐ๐Ÿฅฐ

Day 21 – Ireland – FD

Hi everybody!

Iโ€™m sorry Iโ€™ve been MIA. Hols, short work week and long weekend means my focus was shotโ€ฆ
    And of course Iโ€™ve bobbed back upโ€ฆ 161lbs.

Time to focus for the end of monthโ€ฆ

Iโ€™ll catch up on posts later but hope you are all well my online friends.

Onward and downward again โฌ‡๏ธ
    We rise by lifting others ๐Ÿ’•

Day 21 UK FD

Suns out I feel a good week coming on ๐Ÿ’ช

@penz
    @lilymartin
    @linda.b
    @fastingto58kgs
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @funshipfreddie
    @jaifaim
    @brightonbelle

Day 21 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 213 lbs. Starting my 2nd WFD. Whew, got to keep working hard to head downwards. Last week showed an upwards trend, despite keeping to the WOL. Just the slight change in pattern having 5 NFDs in a row plus an extra weekend where I wanted to stuff my face (in solidarity with my 5 NFD streak?) took its toll. I must learn: carbs, especially simple sugars and processed starches, do not satisfy; they give a quick burst of energy and leave me just as hungry if not more so. I can do better ๐Ÿ™‚

@penz
    @lilymartin
    @linda.b
    @fastingto58kgs
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @funshipfreddie
    @jaifaim
    @brightonbelle
    @northgeorgia

Day 21 – UK – NFD

Hi all, sorry I’ve been MIA – I tested positive for Covid last week and just coming out the other side of it now, I’m still positive but it’s on its way out of the system. DH is a couple of days behind me. I spent 3 days locked away in the bedroom trying to spare him from the viral load. He made sure there were plenty of snacks outside the door so I’ve definitely not been fasting but I wouldn’t anyway, I’ve needed the energy. Though I’ve not had the biggest of appetites! Looking forward to picking up the FDs once the lateral flows turn negative!

Have a great Monday all ๐Ÿ™‚

Day 21 UK NFD
    Still under the effects of COVID so this past weekend has been pretty much a write off in respect of FD or anything else for that matter. Really have just eaten what is easy to prepare, what was available and what I actually felt like eating (or not). Hope to be rid of this soon and RESOLVE to get going again asap. All your posts have been great to read so thank you one and all. Have a good week everyone.

Day 21 Melb Aust CD

Well, despite not posting, I’ve been quietly persevering with this weight loss journey. Actually haven’t managed a FD yet this month but I’m about a kilo down anyway, so I’m not fussed. We get there when we get there. I’ve decided to gently watch the kilos disappear, allow the occasional “treat” but not go overboard. Being a bit lighter does have the positive side-effect of slightly more energy.
    Having said all that, I really do mean to begin “proper” 5:2 soon. My CDs range from 1000 to 1500 calories, so a little more off and I’ll manage a couple of FD800s.

Good to read all the positive posts and the RESOLVE being expressed. Keep up the good work. Let’s face it, being lighter just makes so many things that much easier.

So: Onward and downwards everyone!

Day 21 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD500

I continue to maintain rather than lose, and I’m of two minds about this. Weighing 143 was something I fantasized about when I was weighing 166, so it’s important I not dismiss this weight with disgust. I also have learned that, having lost this much, 143 is simply not thin enough to suit me (nor is my BMI below 25 yet; that requires 136), and not moving down is a solid reflection of life getting in the way (family visiting, for example and the resultant leftovers) but also of lack of RESOLVE–far, far too much nibbling on NFDs. So today WILL be a proper FD. Will, will, will, will….(I’m working on my RESOLVE).

@songbirdme Popcorn is sounding yummier and yummier to me…must be the time of year?? I’m sure your extra weight will quickly disappear because popcorn actually is quite low in calories, if my memory serves me correctly; it’s the bulk and the salt (and perhaps the butter, LOL) that have an immediate effect on the scale. And congratulations to your ILLINI for their great season!

@flourbaby Well done on yesterday’s 11K steps!

@penz I imagine you feel better for having made the decision. Will you go back to your original company, or find a third to work for?

@lilymartin I feel your pain and frustration, and know you’ll get to the mental place you need to be; posting so often is a huge step in the process!!

@linda.b I think it’s YOU who belongs on a pedestal for not fudging your regimen even once this month. WOWZA, lady!! I’ve said many times, and will say again: we have ZERO control over the scales, but only over our behavior, so as long as you continue your stellar behavior, the weight WILL respond accordingly. On its own time, clearly, but IT. WILL. RESPOND. Well done!

@fastingto58kgs So glad today’s FD is proving easier than last Monday’s!

@i-hate-lettuce We certainly had decent temps yesterday for bimbling, but the wind was too strong for me to want to deal with it, so I still haven’t started anything. Soon, soon…

@funshipfreddie Your Jewel of India lunch sounds like a worthy fantasy in the middle of a FD!

@jaifaim Glad it was nothing more than busy-ness that kept you away, and I’m sure the extra weight will drop right off now that you’re again focused!

@brightonbelle We too have sunshine; it’s a lovely way to start a week with RESOLVE!

@northgeorgia I’m sure you’d rather see faster results, but in this war you’re waging against your extra weight, and your body’s love of carbs, you’re clearly winning, even if some daily battles aren’t victorious. I’m really in awe of how well you’re doing. What’s more, you’re already learning the art of maintenance, and that’s no small accomplishment either. It’s exciting to think how close you’re getting to ONEderland!

Awww, @babs_b, so sorry you’ve had covid, but very delighted you’re on your way to recovery!

@caoimhe Your bout with covid is dragging out too long, isn’t it? I remember how exhausted DH and I were when we had it a year ago; our cases were quite mild, but the tiredness just lasted and lasted and lasted. You’ll get back to good health soon!

@betsylee Good to hear from you, and how delightful that reasonable eating is getting rid of weight for you. There’s a lesson in there for me…

@penz
    @lilymartin
    @linda.b
    @fastingto58kgs
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @funshipfreddie
    @jaifaim
    @brightonbelle
    @northgeorgia
    @stitchincarol

USA. Day 21. FD

@penz
    @lilymartin
    @linda.b
    @fastingto58kgs
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @funshipfreddie
    @jaifaim
    @brightonbelle
    @northgeorgia
    @stitchincarol
    @ccco

My fasting has not gone well this past week! I had way too much on my mind but after looking over a catalogue of close I would love to buy, I am doubling down on my efforts, so added myself to the pocket list again!!

I am sorry to hear of those of you recovering from Covid. I can’t wait for the days when this problem is in our rear view mirror!

Good luck to everyone on our pocket list today! We have a big one today! ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Day 21 โ€” 5:2 800

Accountability post – on track here.

Still on funny small phone, likely to be for a while. DH car trouble more than we thought.

Alarming weather (tornadoes, hail storms predicted for later today) so hunkering down.

Many thanks for well wishes during these trying days.

Warm thoughts to all.

Day 21 USA (Illinois)

Joining the pocket list today, well maybe it will be a full 500 calories for my one meal, but need a few pounds off.

@penz
    @lilymartin
    @linda.b
    @fastingto58kgs
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @funshipfreddie
    @jaifaim
    @brightonbelle
    @northgeorgia
    @stitchincarol
    @ccco
    @songbirdme

Onward and downward.

Day 21 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – NFD

Sorry, I was MIA due to the long bank holiday for St Patrick’s, then today it felt like we were punished for having two bank holidays in a row while the rest of the world was at work….the backlog!!!

I haven’t weighed in, but I know I am up. Tomorrow will be a better day.

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 434 total)

You must be logged in to reply.