Momentous March

This topic contains 420 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by  AT 2 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 434 total)

• 2nd Post – Day 14

Looks like we’re all posting at the same time; tidying up the pocket list…

Pocket List โ€“ Day 14 ๐Ÿฅ‘
    @linda.b
    @high5
    @funshipfreddie
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day 14 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 216 lbs after a night of little sleep and bloated early morning. Ugh. Anyway, off to the two-day conference. I’ll check back in on Wednesday when my B2B WFDs begin.

Day 14 – UK – FD800

Feeling nearly back to my normal self today – will do a test on Wednesday which will be Day 5 and ๐Ÿคžit’s negative

Joining the fasting gang today with a FD800 and will be aiming to go out for a short isolated walk to blow the cobwebs away before the rain comes – aiming to steer clear of any folks I see coming towards me

@linda.b – I agree with your sentiment “Itโ€™s amazing how a little sunshine can affect your mood.” I ‘m missing some sun here too – it’s been mostly overcast recently….well done on getting off that plateau!

@linda.b
    @high5
    @funshipfreddie
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @at

โ€œSing like no oneโ€™s listening, love like youโ€™ve never been hurt, dance like nobodyโ€™s watching, and live like itโ€™s heaven on earth.โ€

Day 14 UK FD

Must be a day for it , just posted at same time as @at

Right ! Usual Monday FD want to get back to good habits ,aiming for a good week ๐Ÿ’ช

@linda.b
    @high5
    @funshipfreddie
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @at
    @brightonbelle

Day 14 – UK – FD800

Back from our weekend away with our friend, have eaten (what feels like) a mountain, walked miles and last night I slept like a log. Was great to be by the seaside but boy, am I looking forward to today’s FD?!

I’m not brave enough for the scales today, I’ll face those tomorrow, or Weds, or April…. ๐Ÿ˜‚

@at sorry to see you tested +ve but glad you’re feeling closer to normal today

@linda.b
    @high5
    @funshipfreddie
    @daffodil2010
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @at
    @brightonbelle
    @babs_b

Day 14 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD

Our plans for today abruptly changed last night when we found out DS30’s girlfriend can come up this morning. So I’m moving tonight’s supper to be today’s lunch. The thing that’s relevant here on this 5:2 forum? I can’t stand the thought of eating AGAIN!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿคฃ The meals have been lovely, the company even better…but the thought of more food is making me as crabby and whiney as my 2yo DGD is at the moment, LOL! I’ll be so sad to have everyone leave this evening, but I’ll also be relieved to go back to my normal eating and my normal routine; everyone is ready for a return to normalcy.

@funshipfreddie Thanks for the article; I’ll enjoy reading it.

@daffodil2010 Boo, indeed, but lovely weekends are worth the backtracking, I always think, as long as it comes off easily after a FD or two, which I’m sure your higher numbers will.

@northgeorgia I’m right there with you: Ugh. I hope you can find time to do some strong walking around your conference–and some is inevitable, I’m sure–in hopes that helps with the bloating. Have fun!

@at If you’re headed out on a walk today, you’re CLEARLY feeling better, and I’m so delighted for you!

Okay, I’d love to respond to everyone else, but there’s simply way too much commotion swirling around me, LOL…TOMORROW will be normal!

Day 14 โ€” CD 16:8

Loved the food timing links. Thanks for that, fascinating. Having all sorts of challenges with my dyspraxia fine motor coordination disability and this loaner phone without home button so no chit chat til I get proper replacement. Accountability: doing fine.

Wishing all well.

Day 15, FD, Aus

Day 15 Country West Australia NFD
    Day 14 – FDW ( fast day … wasn’t !!) Doing really well until I got the munchies when I had to do the grocery shopping. ๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹Just managed to squeeze the shopping in between clients at 3pm as our latest shop shuts at 6pm and I work til almost 7pm. ๐Ÿ˜ฌ
    DO NOT GO SHOPPING WHEN HUNGRY!!!!! I know this. I know this. I know this.
    Long story short, I swerved all the goodies and tempting tastes until I got to the deli section and this chicken sandwich leapt off the shelf and into my basket before I had really thought about it.
    It WAS tasty but probably not needed if I had had my extra water bottle with me.
    So then I went home- and we had a roast dinner – as you do an a FD.๐Ÿค”
    Friday through Sunday all NFDs as we had to go to Perth and caught up with family and friend for every meal.
    It certainly makes it difficult for me to fast when surrounded by all the lovely food shops and restaurants.
    Like others I am being a tad reluctant to go anywhere near Cruella until life has returned almost to normal.
    @at hope you are better tomorrow and a negative test recorded.๐Ÿคž
    @northgeorgia, send luck with being restrained for the conference.๐Ÿคž
    @stitchincarol hope you enjoyed having the family around but yes it sometimes requires their absence for a sense of nomality or is it normalcy ?? ๐Ÿ™„

Day 15 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD

Good morning all. Another lovely cool day in Durban.

Happy to say I did NOT go grocery shopping on my FD – @lilymartin ๐Ÿคฆ ๐Ÿ˜… – & I’m basking in PFDS ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

Gotta dash. Have a lekker day, y’all

Pocket List – Day 15 ๐Ÿ‡
    @penz

Day 15 – Ireland ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡ช – FD for sure

Weigh In: 164.8

Like @lilymartin, yesterday’s FD was an FDW – FD wasn’t ……all fine until I got home and we had just got a delivery of a pallet of wood pellets so helped DH offload and stack, then our carpenter neighbour came in to measure up for our new kitchen…and that should have made it a good FD but so hungry by 8.30pm that I joined DH with burgers and chips!!! Still dropped a little from yesterday though!

So defo an FD today. As we face into an extended Bank Holiday weekend here in Ireland for St Patrick’s Day, today has to be it!!!

Best of luck fasters. Day 15
    @penz
    @daffodil2010

Day 14 UK FD
    Well, the last couple of days have been dire โ€ฆ!!! DH did come home bearing gifts of Swiss chocolate which I regrettably (and shamefully) devoured in two sittings. The reason being I wanted to get rid of it and out of the house!!!! How ridiculous is that ??? I had kept the house free of sugary things whilst DH was away as I have so little will power. The chocolate was just beckoning me โ€ฆ so I thought โ€œif I eat it then itโ€™s gone and thatโ€™s thatโ€. Of course having eaten the chocolate ( and it was a big bar) I then went on a rampage and there has been unrestricted eating over the last couple of days. However, today is a new day so I am off on a FD.
    @linda.b: I have taken on board your helpful comment re sugar cravings and itโ€™s encouraging that yours have diminished. I need to have that new habit in my lifeโ€ฆstarting today.
    @at :So glad you are feeling better.
    I am still free of COVID thankfully though DH has been coughing, spluttering and sneezing incessantly, which I know he canโ€™t help, but he is generally behaving like a bear with a sore head and feeling so sorry for himself. I want to say something about men and illness but I had better not! Just hope he recovers soon. No wonder I took to the chocolate!!!

Day 15, U.K.- NFD

@daffodil2010 – Happy upcoming Saint Patrickโ€™s day!

@lilymartin – I am very familiar recently with breaking fast days due to actually not having drunk enough water! So my complete commiserations and sympathies! XX

Day 14 – Lake district UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Looks like it’s going to be a garden day today, very good forecast (my MK1 eyeball forecast, out of the window looking towards the wind is more accurate, certainly for the next few hours at any rate!) Temperature rather mild, so out and get bimbling.

Yesterdays FD was nice and steady including a MOAM walk so feeling rather good.

@caoimhe – Sound like your man needs to become a bit more ‘bloody minded’ give him a full breakfast and a beer, oh hang on, that’s my hangover cure…. mind you, I don’t suffer from hangovers ๐Ÿ˜‰

Take care all.

DAY 15โ€“ Gold Coast Queensland Australia โ€“ NFD

Fun to read all your news everyone.

@daffodil2010 You actually get a holiday for St Patrick’s day? I’m moving to Ireland forthwith! Australia is really behind in the art of good public (ie Bank) holidays.

@lilymartin Shopping on an empty stomach is definitely dangerous, I hear you.

@caoimhe That’s sabotage!๐Ÿฅด๐Ÿฅด Of course there is only one thing to do with chocolate to get it out of the house, we are human after all! ๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜›๐Ÿ˜› I can taste the chocolate from here, yummm! It’s just a blip in the road though and now it’s gone you can stride forward again.

Onwards and downwards everyone

Day 15, London, UK, FD800

Iโ€™m so behind on post, so forgive me if I comment on something from last week!!!๐Ÿ˜ณ๐Ÿ˜ณ

Sorry for being MIA, but with a 4 day weekend, I find posting difficult now Iโ€™m living with mum!! No lazy days of lounging in my PJโ€™s until early evening๐Ÿ˜ญ๐Ÿ˜ญThanks for the Bโ€™day wishes for mum, she had a lovely day, flowers, chocolates & biscuits galore. Iโ€™m working that fasting muscle๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿฝ and swerving it all, except the flowers๐Ÿ’!!!

@at, I hope your covid symptoms last as long as mine โ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ 2 days!! A sore throat & an overnight headache from hell!!! Feel better soon๐Ÿค—๐Ÿค—

@caoimhe, I hope your DH is having mild symptoms, are you isolating from him or just letting the cards fall as they may??๐Ÿ™๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ™๐Ÿฝ Re the chocolates, one thing to remember is โ€˜You Are Not A Bin!!โ€™ I have the same issue with getting rid of โ€˜stuffโ€™ but I have to remind myself that it would have the same result if I just put it in the bin, except I wouldnโ€™t have added an extra 2lbs to the scale or an inch to my thighs!!! So, BIN IT, the result is the same โ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆโ€ฆ.. Gone!!!!

Is it too soon to celebrate the fact that Spring has sprung??!!! The blue skies and positively balmy weather have lifted my spirits, if it snows next week I might resort to murder!!๐Ÿ˜ก๐Ÿ˜ก

Knuckling down this week as the recent run of Bโ€™days are finished, although Motherโ€™s Day & Easter are looming large๐Ÿ˜Ÿ๐Ÿ˜Ÿ!!!!

Stay strong folks, Onward & downwards!!!

Michael Boyle โ€œMost people give up right before the big break comes โ€” donโ€™t let that person be you.โ€

Day 15 UK NFD

Oh @caoimhe been there many times , โ€œIโ€™ll just finish โ€ฆ.then never allow any more in the house ๐Ÿ˜€

Still attempting to get back in the good habits , very pleased with a straight up <500 FD yesterday, now to work on my โ€œproblemโ€ days aka the weekend

New hall & stairs carpet being laid tomorrow , then hopefully house can get back to normal and I can get back to have regular exercise and at long last spring appears to have sprung here ๐ŸŒท

Onwards & Downwards

Day 15 – 16:8 CD

Weekly weigh-in 138.5. Still limited in phone accessibility so Iโ€™ll just wish all well.

Day 15 – UK – ??

Yesterday I was another FDW (fast day โ€ฆ wasnโ€™t !!) @lilymartin @daffodil2010 – relieved to see I was in good company! ๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ I blame a friend for delivering a tub of Co-Op Venezuelan Chocolate Ice cream after I mentioned during a chat that I wish I had some ice cream or chocolate at home to ease my dry throat ๐Ÿคฃ but it was delicious and so worth it!!

@stitchincarol – didn’t manage that walk yesterday as by the time I got organised the weather had changed, very windy and rather chilly with rain eventually so decided to give it a miss

However today it’s very mild with some sunshine so I went out for slow isolated wander up Fishgarth Woods to Todds Crag then to Lily Tarn and along to the main Loughrigg track back home eventually. 6.9km – 300m and taking just over an hour – nice to get some fresh air and feeling back to normal โ˜บ๏ธ ( @i-hate-lettuce – you will know the route no doubt and happy bimbling today)

@caoimhe – my OH is also still negative thankfully ๐Ÿคžas is the husband of a friend who has also tested positive….

Weight this morning was 57.8kg – happy to be just below the top of my maintenance range and to have recovered from this Covid thing ๐Ÿ’ƒ (fingers crossed that I test negative tomorrow)

โ€œHappiness is an attitude. We either make ourselves miserable, or happy and strong. The amount of work is the same.โ€ Francesca Reigler Artist

The Ides of March – Rural Nebraska, USA – WFD

It was sure fun while it lasted, but everyone is gone and things are back to normal. Now to see how much of the water/bulk I’ve gained can be removed by today’s WFD.

@lilymartin I started to tell you both were fine, then looked it up to be sure, and got a couple more details: NORMALCY vs. NORMALITY Normality and normalcy are different forms of the same word. Normality is centuries older, though, and many English authorities consider it the superior form, for what that’s worth. ๐Ÿ˜œ So use which you choose! As to fasting around shops and people and activity? Yeah, even my best RESOLVE isn’t up to that…

@daffodil2010 Bummer on the FD that wasn’t, but the fact that the scale was actually down a smidge says how little you actually ate; today’s true FD should go well, I’ll bet.

@caoimhe Ahh, I recognize your logic, LOL! It’s our minds and thoughts that are the biggest challenge to weight loss/management, and your experience just proves it. Deep breath, and carry on because today IS a new day.

@flourbaby Good to hear from you, and well done on swerving the bulk (or all??) of your mom’s b-day treats!

@brightonbelle It’s been a long time that you’ve been in upheaval; I bet you will be thrilled with your new carpet! And if you learn some clever trick/approach for being well-behaved on NFDs and weekends, do share: it’s the toughest for all of us!

@mariaelena Wow, another pound down. Well done!!!

@at Sad that the weather changed for the worse so rapidly…it’s that time of year, though, isn’t it? I’m glad you had lovely weather for today’s walk, and you took a LONG one!

I have to admit I’m bone weary after all the family fun, and have a bit of a sore throat, undoubtedly from DS25 who was sick with a cold while he was here. He wore a mask much of the time, and always to hold the baby, but those virus germs still got around, I’m sure. I keep thinking I want to crawl back into bed…I loved having everyone here, but also love my alone down time. ๐Ÿ’ž๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿคทโ€โ™€๏ธ

Day 15 Pocket List ๐Ÿ’ช
    @penz
    @daffodil2010
    @caoimhe
    @flourbaby
    @stitchincarol WFD

USA. Day 15. FD

A little over my head these days but I am reading the posts. I am adding myself to the pocket list today for accountability!

Day 15 Pocket List ๐Ÿ’ช
    @penz
    @daffodil2010
    @caoimhe
    @flourbaby
    @stitchincarol WFD
    @ccco

Have a great day!

Day 16, FD, Aus

What was it about this week? I also did a FDW yesterday. Back on the wagon today.

USA. Day 15. Was a FD

Ugh! My FD went sideways. I seem to think I can’t eat in the evening without it getting out of hand. I have to figure out something to handle that. Hopefully, I will have an idea by tomorrow. Maybe eating just once a day for awhile will get me back in shape!

Hope everyone had a wonderful day! ๐Ÿ™‚

Day 16, UK – FD

Happy Wednesday everybody

@stitchincarol – Thank you for your kind words a few days agoโ€ฆ Hopefully I am slowly getting back on track

Day 16 – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – NFD

Happy Hump Day! ๐Ÿซ

Pocket List – Day 16 ๐Ÿ‹
    @penz
    @high5

Second post

I have just weighed myself because the plaster cast is off

8 stone 13, yikesโ€ฆ but obviously what I was expecting As all of my clothes are really really tight and some of them I cannot even get into at the moment!!

Today is going to be a really good fast day! I am determined!

Day 16, London, UK, FD800

Feeling positive at the moment about sticking to FD800 for the foreseeable future!!๐Ÿ’ช๐Ÿฝ Not counting chickens, but it is doable if I increase my protein and keep the carbs as low as possible usually <30g and mainly salad veg!!๐Ÿฅ— The urge to gorge, binge or EFS basically, seems to have deserted me. If my carb cravings are finally under control it’ll be nothing short of miraculous!!๐Ÿ‘ผ๐Ÿฝ๐Ÿ‘ผ๐Ÿฝ

There seem to have been a few FDW’s lately, sometimes life just gets in the way!! Maybe we all need to work that fasting muscle just a wee bit harder, slippery slope and all that!!!

Stay strong & keep the faith, we CAN & we WILL do this ……………. the wagon awaits!!!

“A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success.โ€โ€“ Unknown

Day 16 – UK – CD

Sadly my test today remains positive (very faint but still there ๐Ÿฅฒ) and also OH woke up with a sore throat and is also positive – not surprising but annoying……..thank god for good friends who are doing our shopping ๐Ÿ™

Woke up to another grey and wet day so definitely not improving my mood…….๐Ÿ˜’ Was planning on a FD today but have reviewed that to a good CD as I know that my head space is just not into a FD today!!! so aiming for the achievable today instead

A bit quiet on here atm so hoping everyone is doing OK and keeping well

Take care

Day 16 – Lake district UK – NFD

Good afternoon everyone!

Late on parade today, been good recently and feeling it as well ๐Ÿ˜‰

Good sleep last night, woke up and the birds were shouting, I’m ahead of jobs in the garden, decided an early start and a morning by one of the lakes. Skipped breakfast and nice and early wandering round the fishery with rod in hand watching the trout rise.

Glad I’d done the ‘early shift’ because just about midday, the temperature dropped, the rain came and I was ready for lunch, luckily not far from home, a lovely morning.

Mid March, lots of planning, both for the garden and holidays, everything falling into place.

‘See you all’ in the morning for Thursdays FD

Take care all.

Day 16 – Rural Nebraska, USA – TRE possibly

I would not normally allow myself a “possibly” escape in my eating plan for the day, but yesterday morning’s sore throat is turning into a full-blown cold (haven’t had one of these in a long time!) and I’m just not sure how my body will cope with the day. Yesterday’s WF didn’t last the whole day; my body ran out of juice to cope, and I ate about 500 calories of decent food when I got home–early–from piano lessons. I’ll do my best to stick to TRE 21/3, but I’ll be ready to offer grace in the form of earlier food, LOL.

@penz Yeah, you’re in good company, with many of us struggling to follow through!

@ccco Isn’t it funny how it worked out badly for so many of us? I’m beginning to think switching to Daylight Savings Time is part of the explanation…is that even possible?

@high5 Well, you deserve those kind words; I can’t even imagine how tough going it has been for you! But such good news that the cast is off, and I’m certain you’ll soon get back down to the weight where your clothes fit well!

@flourbaby How exciting that you seem to have carb-cravings removed! Well done!!

Aww, @at, that is indeed disappointing news, and not-surprising but still disappointing news that OH is also positive now. Here’s hoping that he has the same mild symptoms you’ve had!

@i-hate-lettuce So not only a lovely morning for you, but a perfectly timed lovely morning; well done!

Pocket List โ€“ Day 16 ๐Ÿ‹
    @penz
    @high5
    @flourbaby FD800

Third Post!

Just logging on for inspiration as I am feeling very h u n g r y !!

But I am feeling determined today and reminding myself that is actually only 4 hours until I can eat my 600 cals!!

@stitchincarol – thanks ๐Ÿ™‚
    Also, I can NOT fast when I feel ill !!! Hats off to you to eating only 500 cals !!!!

I am still wading through Siim Land’s epic tome on Fasting & Autophagy & Longevity. It is very scientific, so I can only read about five pages at a time, but REALLY interesting.

What I have learned so far from Siim:-

FASTING FOR HEALTH
    -ANY fasting is beneficial, even if simply skipping breakfast every day (TRE)
    -SNACKING of any kind (even two almonds) undoes a lot of good work… it is not just about insulin, it is also about M-Tor and IGF.
    -TRE: do it whenever suits you, there are arguments for eating your OMAD early in the day and arguments for eating your OMAD late in the day.

FASTING FOR WEIGHT LOSS
    -There are genuine scientific reasons why you should drink only water, green/black tea and salt water on fast days.
    -Coffee can spike insulin and therefore stop fat burning ๐Ÿ™
    -Also even the tiniest bit of milk in a drink does actually break your fast and stops fat burning ๐Ÿ™
    (I always cheat by having tea with milk in!!!!!!!!!! So I am trying not to do that today!
    Not sure I can give up the coffee just yet though!!)

Day 16 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 216 lbs. So happy that my weight doesn’t seem to have budged since Monday’s weigh-in, pre-conference. My metabolism should be ramped up from 5 NFDs in a row, so hoping these two WFDs in a row are effective. I’ll plan to break fast on Friday, and do my next B2B two WFDs on Sunday/Monday. OK, nearly 10 am, had to recover a bit from the late night return from the conference — going to head into work now. Good luck to us all!

@penz
    @high5
    @flourbaby FD800
    @northgeorgia

USA. Day 16. FD

I am doing another FD today to hopefully undo yesterday’s mess. I even gave up my evening glass of wine!! But last night I got a message from my sister telling me my brother had a massive heart attack and out came the wine to calm my nerves, plus more comfort food. The good news is he has stabilized. I have hope now!

Stitchincarol, isn’t it great that Daylight Savings Time will become permanent soon? ๐Ÿ™‚

@at, here’s wishing you and your husband a speedy recovery!
    @flourbaby, great to hear that you were able to get rid of your carb cravings. I know it’s not an easy thing to do. I did it, too, some years ago and the cravings have never returned!
    W@high5,, great to hear that your caste has been removed. That will make life so much easier!

Adding myself to the pocket list:
    @penz
    @high5
    @flourbaby FD800
    @northgeorgia
    @ccco

Haven’t had anything to eat yet! That’s a win!
    Have a great day, everyone!

Day 16 – FD 800

Accountability CHECK!

Discombobulated here. Slept in for first time in months. Time switching affects me more as I get older for sure.

On my now broken phone I used to switch apps, write to folks in the notes app and read and refer to the board posts in another. Then I would copy and paste a reply. Canโ€™t do the app switch on this phone because no home button, so for now, know Iโ€™m reading and thinking and sending good thoughts to those with serious challenges in your lives.

Day 16 USA (Illinois) FD

Been quite busy, so I apologize for the infrequent log-ins lately. I’m doing my best to keep at 6:1, and today is the 1. DH wanted me to join him for lunch between his appointments, but I declined so I could do an honest FD. Maybe even a WFD. Not sure.

@at – sure do hope and pray you and your DH get completely free of this awful COVID very soon!

@stitchincarol – how terrific you got in good family time including a train ride!

@high5 – glad to hear no more plaster cast. I am confident you will get back into all those clothes.

Adding myself to the pocket list:
    @penz
    @high5
    @flourbaby FD800
    @northgeorgia
    @ccco
    @songbirdme

Onward and downward.

Day 17, ?, Aus

Had a successful FD yesterday; the first in ages. Also had shocking night’s sleep so dunno how today will run.

@ccco – how scary re your brother! Hope he’s ok and doesn’t need any surgery.

DAY 17 โ€“ Gold Coast Queensland Australia โ€“ FD
    St Patrick’s Day! โ˜˜โ˜˜โ˜˜ Even though there is no holiday in Australia (grrr!) it is always celebrated with lots of green. Hope the Irish folk are enjoying it all and with good weather too!
    Gosh, so many posts to comment on but cannot do all. Particularly resonated with @high5 with the cast now off….. I know you were disappointed with the scales but be kind to yourself! That’s a major turning point for you and I’m sure with some follow-up physio you’ll regain movement and build the muscles again. With that cast gone, you will easily be able to move forward now with your Momentous March… Sending some RESOLVE to you …not that you need it!๐Ÿ˜Š
    A few of you too with setbacks with Covid and colds…… it’s so hard to focus with that going on; you have my admiration that you are even thinking about Momentous March in between the tissues!๐Ÿ˜ฅ

@ccco Worrying news about your brother, fingers crossed for a good outcome for him ๐Ÿคž

So it’s nearly 4.00pm on Day 17 with my second FD this week (5:2), I’m under control today, so that’s good. I do seem to have plateaued again, so some more controlled days to try to kick start this in. Third week of March and should have better results to date as have been absolutely rigidly sticking to the plan without a single break-out. Quite disappointed really, but looking forward not backwards and know the maths will eventually work ie calories out- calories in = weight loss!

Keep on with keeping on everyone… have a great St Patrick’s Day!

Day 17 – Lake district UK – FD

Good morning everyone

Thursday FD, apart from Mondays and Thursdays FD’s the rest of the week has settled into a routine food-wise.
    Pretty straightforward and hardly seem to think about it these days. Wasn’t even particularly bothered about my ‘day off’ when I used to have treats, mind set is such after two and a half years of 5:2 maintaining where I am seems to be automatic.
    Which in itself is rather pleasing, killing off the ‘Inner Warthog’ really was the initial challenge (and success) maybe?

Busy week this week distributing the kids inheritance, between travel agents mostly ๐Ÿ˜‰

Pocket list day 17
    @linda.b
    @i-hate-lettuce

Take care all

Day 17 โ˜˜๏ธ – South Africa ๐Ÿ‡ฟ๐Ÿ‡ฆ – FD

@ccco – wishing your brother a speedy recovery ๐Ÿค—

@penz – I had a not-so-great night’s sleep too. Was toying with postponing my FD, but I’m going for it instead ๐Ÿ’ช

Happy St Patrick’s Day to all our Irish forum friends! ๐ŸŒˆ โ˜˜๏ธ

Pocket List – Day 17
    @funshipfreddie
    @linda.b
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day 17 – UK – 1st of B2B FD800

Still testing positive unfortunately but feel perfectly fine ๐Ÿ˜ž OH feels fine too apart from a slight sore throat…..should be grateful that we both feel OK but annoying to have to isolate, at least we can both get out for a walk/run and clear our heads – luckily a friend who lives on my road has been really helpful and is doing our shopping for us ๐Ÿ™

Anyway the sun is out again so I shan’t let that bug get me down – will be out for a good walk to clear my head and make up for yesterday and I am not letting this bug get the better of me so will also be aiming for a B2B FD800 to end the week on a positive note!! I CAN DO THIS!!!

Take care all

DAY 17 โ€“ Gold Coast Queensland Australia โ€“ FD – 2nd post today
    Worked to quite late (it’s now 8.50 pm) and felt like something different for dinner on this FD.
    So, tried shredding a few cups of Chinese Cabbage, a bit of onion, mushroom, capsicum & a few herbs. Popped all into a non-stick pan to reduce the moisture off and then poured over 2 beaten eggs to make a sort of omelette/ flourless pancake type of thing.
    Served with a delicious sliced tomato on the side.
    Result: not bad… in fact made a tasty, filling, low-cal, low-carb supper for a FD.
    We’ll see tomorrow if the scales agree!๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹๐Ÿ˜‹

Day 17 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 212 lbs. Last day of my B2B WF, then the next pair of B2B WFDs will be Sunday-Monday. Should be a good reset after the interruption this past weekend. Looking forward to April and getting firmly out of the mid 210s and settling into the 2-double goose eggs! Still time to match my low this month of 207.

Pocket List โ€“ Day 17
    @funshipfreddie
    @linda.b
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @northgeorgia

Day 17 UK NFD
    Happy St Patrickโ€™s Day!
    The inevitable has happened and I tested positive this morning. Didnโ€™t feel too good yesterday and today is not much better but I am hoping I can soon shake this off. Didnโ€™t eat much yesterday so was probably an unintentional FD and have little appetite today so this may turn into an 800 day too.Sun shining brightly so thatโ€™s good.
    @at : Interesting that you are still testing positive but feel fine.
    @i hate lettuce: distributing the kids inheritance really made me smile ๐Ÿ˜Š
    Have a good day all.

Day 17 UK FD

Oh dear looks like our little group is seeing a spike in covid , wishing all a speedy recovery

Keeping busy to avoid thinking of all the lovely St Patrickโ€™s day temptations ๐Ÿ€

Pocket List โ€“ Day 17
    @funshipfreddie
    @linda.b
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @northgeorgia
    @ brightonbelle

Day 17 country west Australia FD
    The ether ate my post this morning so am posting late.
    Had a good FD today – but almost sorry I read @high5‘s third post!๐Ÿ˜ข
    Just when I think I am doing OK with FDs with drinking a few white coffees and then finding out that milk is not good on a FD โ˜น๏ธ๐Ÿ˜”โ˜น๏ธ
    I LOVE coffee – it just has to be white coffee. I HATE black coffee.๐Ÿ˜› I could try to just have black tea but no real appeal.๐Ÿ˜Hmmm…. will have to think about this….
    @at sorry to hear you are still Covid positive . I trust you and your OH recover soon ie become Covid negative.
    @i hate lettuce. I enjoy the image of you ‘ bimbling’.
    And @funshipfreddie , what is a ‘ lekker’ day??
    I have always enjoyed the different words I learn from this forum.๐Ÿ™ƒ
    @mariaelena , trust your phone issues get sorted soon! Must be very frustrating.๐Ÿ˜–
    @flourbaby, glad to hear you are so positive.๐Ÿ˜Yes, I must continue to exercise my fasting muscle a bit more.
    Though I did have a UFD ( unplanned/unexpected FD) on Tuesday.
    I hadn’t eaten much as I was doing a lot of officework.
    Suddenly as in SUDDENLY in a few seconds I felt extremely unwell. Massive headache, vomiting , felt terrible.
    Did a RAT as was thinking it might be Covid – it wasn’t. Went to bed for 24 hours.
    Won’t bore you with the gory details but Cruella was immensely kind yesterday when I crawled out of bed. ๐Ÿคข

@stitchincarol, thanks for the heads up on normality/normalcy. I used to be so good at English but if you don’t use it you lose it.๐Ÿ™„
    @Caiomhe, sorry to hear you have Covid. Wishing you all the best for a speedy recovery and that you do not become too ill.๐Ÿคž
    @northgeorgia, I am sure you will head to the 2 and googs this month or in April.
    @linda.b so good to hear of your progress and control. Very well done.๐ŸŒธ๐ŸŒท
    @ccco , so sorry to hear about your brother. Glad to hear he has stabilised.๐Ÿ™
    Still recovering from whatever I had so off to bed surprisingly early for me. I feel SOOOOO tired.๐Ÿ˜ด๐Ÿ˜ด

St. Patrick’s Day – Rural Nebraska, USA – WFD…again, maybe

I started my 3-hour eating window a bit early yesterday, and because of that it ended up a 4-hour window, but it wasn’t out of control, so I’m pleased, and weigh the same this morning. I feel pretty overwhelmed by this cold and have lost most of my voice, so will either wear a mask for piano lessons, or will cancel them entirely: I’ll see how I feel after this morning’s meds kick in.

@high5 FASCINATING info you shared yesterday…I may have to give up and read it as well. Do you have a link?

@northgeorgia If it were my body that hadn’t gone up in weight after five NFDs in a row, it would mean I ate like a SAINT; well DONE!!!

@ccco So sorry to hear about your brother, but so happy he’s stabilized now; wine and comfort food don’t count when faced with such scary news!

@mariaelena Hope your phone situation gets resolved soon!

@songbirdme It was good to hear from you, and impressive you skipped lunch out with your honey in order to fast! What did you end up with: a regular FD or a WFD?

@penz “…had a shocking night’s sleep…” Shocking because it was so good or so bad? But I’m thrilled for you that your FD was spot-on!

@linda.b I fully understand how disappointing and aggravating it is not to lose weight at the pace you plan, but want to encourage you to leave off focusing on the results–which you clearly cannot control–and instead focus on your actions–which you can entirely control. A usual expectation is 1/2 to 1 pound per week on 5:2. Remember when I said wow, and asked how tall you were? This is what I was fearing for you, that the loss would slow down and it would discourage you. Whatever the speed is with which you lose the extra weight, you are doing TERRIFICALLY, and retraining your body and your mind to eat well enough to not only lose the weight, but then maintain the weight loss. So lift that head in pride and don’t worry about the speed, because you’re doing well.

@i-hate-lettuce Ahhh, more travel plans. Fun!! Where to now?

@at Isn’t that funny how we can feel fine, but still test positive? I’m glad you and OH both feel fine, and hope you enjoy that walk today!

@northgeorgia I love that you’ve found an approach that brings you solid success even when life gets seriously in the way.

@caoimhe Bummer on testing positive, but with DH sick, it’s not surprising. I hope this is the worst you ever feel and you recover quickly!

@brightonbelle Yeah, I’m really sad that my piano teaching WFD is getting in the way of our usual St. Patrick’s Day corned beef supper!

@lilymartin I say that, if your current approach is bringing you results, then it’s an excellent approach, despite the information @high5 shared. When your current approach doesn’t give you good results, THEN consider the change…don’t you suppose?? And I hope you feel far better in the morning!

Okay, I’m off. @funshipfreddie, I’m eager to hear your definition of “lekker.” I Googled it, but not sure I got the correct explanation there.

Pocket List โ€“ Day 17
    @funshipfreddie
    @linda.b
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @northgeorgia
    @brightonbelle

Day 17, UK – NFD

Well something very weird has happened (weird in a good way ๐Ÿ™‚ !)

I have lost 3 pounds overnight!

This now means that I am now 8 stone 10 (so now four pounds off Maintenance Weight). My body NEVER does this. I have never lost three pounds in a day. Also my clothes fit better today than yesterday! Still too tight, but wearable at least! Too weird!!

Maybe I had some bloating due to plaster cast (though it was on my arm, not on my leg!!!) or maybe yesterday was simply a particularly heavy day and today is a particularly light day. Who knows? But I will take it!
    So I am feeling very happy and encouraged!!

When things go well it is so much easier isn’t it? So today I sailed through to 2.30pm before breaking (yesterday’s) fast. Yay!

@linda.b – thank you!!!! YES! I am now at last feeling some resolve!

@i-hate-lettuce – well done on two years of maintenance and on having killed the inner warthog! S U C C E S S !!!

@ccco – Wishing your brother the very best in his recovery

@mariaelena – Sorry to hear you are discombobulated! In fact, I am so envious of US changing the clocks mid-way through March! Ours don’t spring forward until the very last Sunday in March and I can’t wait!!!!!

@songbirdme – thanks for your kind words!

@flourbaby – well done on beating the carb cravings. Go you!
    Weirdly, I have found that my sugar cravings have gone since moving house. Our old house was very mouldy (you could always smell damp, even in summer) and now that I am living in a mould free environment, I simply don’t get cravings anymore…. Well, I still get mental cravings, but not physical ones, haha!!

@stitchincarol – yes, it is really interesting. I like the way he continually splits it down into Fasting For Health and also into Fasting For Weight Losss. I will post the link right under this.

Second Post

@stitchincarol – here is the link:

https://www.siimland.co/Circadian-NAD-Activation-System

It is currently selling at $47, which is a lot in my view!

The angle he is taking is (as you see from the title) how to activate NAD naturally and therefore promote longevity.

I think the PDF is about 465 pages long and I am only on P126, so for all I know, the majority of the book may well be dedicated to very complicated meal plans and gym plans (which I would never be disciplined enough to follow!!)

However, the research is fascinating. He certainly goes into even more detail than even Dr Jason Fung does, provides lots of new research and plenty of graphs and other visuals, so it is definitely interesting.

Plus of course it is all very inspiring as it really gives you that next level of enthusiasm for your next FD / next ZBC day / next TRE day etc…

The question is whether that is worth $47?!!!! I’ll let you decide!!! ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

USA. Day 17. FD

I want to thank everyone for your kind words about my brother. He is very much on my mind right now, so my FDs aren’t going very well. However, I am giving a shot again today!

Happy St. Patrick’s Day to everyone and may the luck of the Irish be with you!โ˜˜๏ธ

Adding myself to today’s pocket list:
    Pocket List โ€“ Day 17
    @funshipfreddie
    @linda.b
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @northgeorgia
    @brightonbelle
    @ccco

Have a great day!

Day 17 USA (Illinois) NFD

My FD went very well yesterday (275 calorie day, not WFD @stitchincarol )
    Down 3.2 pounds this morning. That seems to be my way following a good FD. Doing 6:1 I seem to gain that back during the next 6 days. Oh well.

๐Ÿ€โ˜˜๐Ÿ€ Happy St. Patrick’s Day to all! Corned beef is in the crock pot, adding the cabbage shortly. I don’t care for cooked carrots, and only will have a small potato.

Onward and downward.

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 434 total)

You must be logged in to reply.