May 2020 Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
May 2020 Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 690 replies, has 53 voices, and was last updated by  FlourBaby 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 695 total)

• Day 1 USA FD. I’m a married, 67 year old woman. I weighed 201.5 this morning! I am a yo-yo dieter and am always searching, starting and stopping. Fortunately, I’m pretty healthy and active. I’ve recently put on a few more pounds while in lock down. I really want to stop all this nonsense. I rarely share my frustration and failure with others. It is obvious for all to see. It makes me feel lonely. I’ve got a plan for today.

Hello all ! FD for me today. Hoping to neutralize the delicious red wine indulgence of yesterday.
    Welcome, s Jenkins! Any time is a good time to start.
    Also Springer , sending good thoughts to you and your daughter. Also have asked myself many times how I TV is possible to watch intake very closely and still go up on the scale! It is crazy.

Day 11 Fast Day

welcome to our newbies and old friends.

@flourbaby congrats!

I had a relaxing mother’s day yesterday. DD baked up some delicious scones, served up with eggs and bacon.

Back at it today and adding myself to what appears to be a very long pocket list
    Pocket list:

@jaifaim
    @penz
    @dykask
    @aussiejill
    @springer
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @funshipfreddie
    @at
    @suki2
    @brightonbelle
    @erikaa67
    @songbirdme
    @emma-taylor
    @basyjames

Day 11, London, UK, NFD,

Pretty good FD yesterday, the thought of my dress & holding @i-hate-lettuce’s hand was what I needed to stay on track!! I see you’re going for a B2B…………….. I used to be a B2B2B girl when I was at work, so GOOD LUCK!!!

Anyway, it’s a NFD for me, so I’m just trying to be mindful, but ……………………… it is a NFD!!!

Thanks for the many congratulations on my dress success, the scales aren’t cooperating, but Leslie Sansone can take credit for the 5 inches lost, it’s slowly working it’s way South. My face, chin then collar bones, ‘the girls😕’ and waist. Three more weeks I assume the hips. Bum & thighs will show some results ……………………….. fingers crossed anyway!!

@springer, it may be the exercise, I’m in the same boat. Don’t get discouraged, the tape measure NEVER lies. For me, the scales only cooperate when I up my water intake, which I’m not doing great at whilst at home, I must get my bottle out that I usually take to work & keep it with me even at home. Sometimes I have to fool myself!!!!

@funshipfreddie, I could cry for you and your neighbours …………………….. still no wine!!!!! Madness, I tell you …………………….. MADNESS!!!

@emma-taylor, I always equally envied & was petrified of your travels, how are you coping in lockdown? Is THIS the incentive to nail this WOL you’ve been looking for???

Welcome to our newest of newbies!!! BEST DECISION EVER!!!! Day 1, post 1 will answer some of your questions and help you get the hang of these challenges, other than that, ask away, there’s always someone here to offer help & advice ………………..
    & Remember……………………………

“If we keep doing what we are doing, we’re going to keep getting what we’re getting.”

Day 11-Atlanta, ga-USA- B2B FD

@flourbaby – all our best laid plans for travel this year are coming unstuck, and one by one our travels are being cancelled. TBH I’m less bothered than DH. He was always keener to go away than I was. And yes, it’s given me a chance to get back to this WOL. There’s no good reason not to. I think it’s unlikely I’ll go swimming much this year, so maybe a good chance to drop a few kilos before then. And I finally got round to making a couple of swimsuits. Found some swimsuit material, found a tutorial on Youtube. Bought some swimsuit elastic and hey presto. It was fiddly and boring to make them, fully lined, but at least I got round to it. My FDs are a bit too casual. I need to count calories properly instead of guessing ( and cheating?…). Hope all is well with you, my fellow Londoner.

Day 2. NFD. Managed to stick to 1600 calories as recommended. Long day working from home. Was very hungry after my fast day but hoping for a loss so stuck to it. Not leaving the house till Wednesday and too cold to sit out at lunch so a bit hard today.

Another great parody that your SongBird loves to share:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LpAKcQufacc&list=RDLpAKcQufacc&start_radio=1

a great Canadian choir, well done!

Day 12, NFD, Aus

Wow, that was some pocket list yesterday. And I am enjoying PFDS today. (Patting myself on the back.)

Restrictions are easing and we’re having three friends over this weekend. I’m so excited! I haven’t felt lonely as I live with my OH and dogs, and don’t mind my own company. I’ve been getting into the office on a weekly basis and have interaction with other dog walkers. But the thought of a leisurely catch up with friends – outside the limits of phone calls etc – is really exciting.

I did my first Leslie class yesterday, @flourbaby. Not sure why it took me so long. Possibly because I take the dogs out twice a day, but this was a whole new level of activity! I recommend it! (Of course, my young pup thought I was mad walking around on the spot and waving my arms around.)

Welcome to the newbies! This is a great forum – remember 5:2 is flexible enough that you’ll be able to work out what best suits you. Good luck!

Day 12 – Japan – NFD

My water fast went okay. Fasting has been a bit harder as I’m feeling some hunger but it is still mostly mild. I’m taking daily vitamins right now and wonder if that is triggering some light hunger.

Besides a multivitamin I’m taking 500mg, of C 25 mcg of D and 10 mg of Zinc. Mostly just to make sure my bases are covered. I think it is much better to get the vitamins from diet, but I just don’t want to take chances right now. Hopefully it will help avoiding infection or reduce severity if I do get infected.

Day 11 Ohio, US — NFD

Well today went better than I thought it would. I did have to have a steroid injection for a “trigger finger”, but it wasn’t that bad. The last injections I’ve had around my hands were for nerve blockers for carpel tunnel surgeries. I don’t know if everyone reacts the same way, but for me the nerve blockers gave a blinding flash of intense pain before they “took”. I didn’t realize how much that affected me until today: I realized I was really dreading any injection. So having a semi-positive experience has helped to change any such future encounters. Deciding to make yesterday a FD was probably a good idea.

Didn’t go for any walks today as it is still unusually cold and rainy. The weather announcer this evening said that for this area the daily highs for the last week to ten days have been 5 to 10 degrees below the average low temperature for this period. Brrrrrr!

@dykask Just like you I’m up to speed with Vitamins C and D, and with zinc. Even though everything here is supposed to be 90% opened up by the end of this week, I think it prudent for me to wait at least a few more weeks before frolicking in places with lots of people.

Second post.

For what it’s worth here’s a fun article I just came across that you might get a chuckle (or two) out of:

https://www.sfgate.com/food/slideshow/Drew-Magary-pancake-breakfast-diet-coronavirus-202014.php?utm_source=pocket-newtab

Enjoy!

Day 12 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

I haven’t posted since Day 9! Still here, though still not able to settle back into the WOL properly. The evening sunshine + lockdown + busy work days = wine 🍷
    Dry till Fri not happening much…

Will catch up later, off for my early walk and it’s currently minus 1 out there but glorious sunshine.

Day 12-Netherlands 🇳🇱- MFD
    I was pretty sick yesterday. Vomiting a lot and tummy aches. Slept 5 hours during the day ( il never nap on day time) and went to bed at 21.00 because I was still tired. Today I woke up feeling fresh again. My tummy is still not ok but I feel good. That’s what’s matters. I doe lost a days work wich I have to do today. So dubbel work in an already crazy work environment.
    @jaifaim my daughter lives in Norway 🇳🇴, I was referring to NY because Aussiejill’ s daudher can’t return to NY. But the country doesn’t matter. If your child is sick you want to comfort and pamper them
    @ihateletucce I wish I could help you. I love working in the garden and cleaning out a shed of greenhouse is so rewarding. Enjoy your hard labour
    @aussiejill thank you 💕
    @at that is so kind to say, thank you 💕
    @mia you used the right words: poor replacement….it breaks a mother’s or grandmothers hart 💔
    @suki2 water? I thought I did but you made me think. I will definitely increase my water intake just to be sure. Thank you for this gentle reminder.

Saying it again: love Leslie Sansone, everyone (should Replaced with) could try it. Wonderfull walks

Pocket list day 12:
    @ springer

Day 12 – Lake District UK- CFD

Good morning everyone,

@flourbaby – nice to be ‘holding hands’ the other day, does make a difference, my B2B went well, easy day today.
    @penz – restrictions lifted and visitors coming at weekend, excellent, make up for lost time!

A number of times I have a slight re-think about my 5:2 WOL, forever trying different things, but then always end up going back to basics, they work!

However, recording has been a constant, stops me from ‘missing’ things or downright cheating! After all you’re only cheating yourself, initially I started noting all calories consumed in a notebook, totting up every day. Bit of a fiddle, but still worked. My ‘fitbit’ records calories burned with exercise so that was easy enough.

Recently started using My Fitness Pal APP, did try using it a few years ago, but gave up on the whole thing, guess what, all the weight lost came back! So after a bit of setting up, have started using the MFP APP again, but have tweaked the settings and it’s far easier and more to the point working for me!

My Basic Metabolic Rate is 1844, so have set my daily calorie intake at 1600 on the APP. Because I’m using it regularly, starting to build up a list of regular foods so its quicker and I don’t miss anything off. Have a small set of digital scales in the kitchen and have developed the habit of weighing everything, including alcohol!
    In the past I know my measures were ‘generous’ like they were poured by an aged Aunt with a bad wrist, no control, but now measured and controlled. End of each day put on the calories burned with exercise from the ‘fitbit’ and can see exactly what I’m doing.

It may seem obsessive but it takes seconds and over the last 19 weeks since Christmas I have lost 19 pound, although on the ‘Tracker’ it’s certainly NOT a straight line !

‘Nothing succeeds like success’

Take care all

Day 12 FD

Just catching up on all the posts. Keeps me on track to see how everyone’s doing and appreciate we are all in this together.
    Have noticed I’m visibly thinner after a few weeks on the Leslie walks… managed 3 yesterday…. easy to do when at home anyway! Taken up knitting again in between marching round my living room! Between all that and the days I’m at work I’m managing to keep busy!!! Can’t wait till I can meet up with family and friends again. Can you imagine this lockdown in the days before all the messaging and video sites we have to ensure we can keep in touch…

Good luck to all fasters today and stay safe.

Dee Ire FD
    Hello all. Fasting today . Just had a herbal tea. Already dreaming of my milky sugary coffee that I love in the morning . Tomorrow is another day. I’m beginning to feel a bit lighter but still have a battle in my head to get out for the walks. I’m grand once I get out but it’s getting out the door !! The resistance is ridiculous. My garden is my saviour I love pottering around . Can’t wait for the garden centre to open, ordering on line is just not the same.
    I’m finding everyone very encouraging and supportive . Thank you

Day 12 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

PFDS for me! It’s always a relief when the Monday FD is over; I feel like I’m half-way to a successful week & it’s all downhill from here.

@springer – hope you’re feeling better?

@sjenkins, @lin48, @dee22 – the ‘Day’ is always the current day’s date, even if you’re just joining the Challenge, regardless of whether it’s a FD or NFD.

@flourbaby – you’re so right, madness! I could’ve wept a few days ago, when South African Breweries announced that they may have to dump 400 million bottles of beer!! Because not only is it illegal to sell alcohol right now; it’s illegal to even transport it 😥

@daffodil2010 – where did your mojo go?! I was sort of feeling the same way for much of April; but I won’t let anything get in the way of my FDs. My stubborn streak, I guess. Sometimes I can get a bit of inspiration if I read a couple of chapters of the 5:2 book, or watch the ‘Eat, Fast & Live Longer’ documentary.
    Here’s a link, for anyone else who hasn’t seen it:- https://vimeo.com/259080453

@songbirdme – loved the parody; what a great choir?!

@matpi – hilarious article! But I’m still skipping breakfast… 😅

Day 12 – Ireland – Another FD
    Yesterday’s could have been better…so came in around 850

Hi all, hope everyone is well. It’s great to have so many people checking in through this merry month of May
    @springer, oh I’m sorry! It’s hard to keep track of everyone on the forum but do hope that both you and your daughter are keeping well in your respective countries.. I hope that you are feeling better too.
    My man and I live between UK and Ireland so we are away from each other for the duration of this which is very sad… also I’m compromised with a pulmonary auto immune condition so don’t know when I’ll be back in the skies… but part of me thinks we’ll just have to take the risks when air travel opens up… we’ll see.. life has to lived and up til now in life I’ve tried not to let my condition stop me doing normal or even abnormal things 😂
    @daffodil2010 – it’s a gorgeous morning out there. I had a nice short walk and then I did Joe Wicks for the half hour.. so I’m good to go for the day..
    @ihatelettuce MFP is great and I try to track daily although do sometimes forget… and yes… those are the days where I fall off my wagon..

Well done @mia139 on the shrinkage and in the creativity! You and @emma-taylor 👏. I want to learn how to knit but keep thinking it will be too difficult…
    @dee22 – great to have you back – don’t hesitate just take that first step out the door and you’re off… then smiling.. 😃
    @at and @michelinme good to see you back too… I’m convinced I had the virus 🦠 in January… like you @michelinme I am prone to viral infections and feeling sore m, tired And foggy brained but never get sick with throat, chest etc… was very bad at New Years so would love to take a test now to see if I did have it…
    well done @funshipfreddie on your good FD.. always a great start to the week 💪
    Busy with work now so catch up later.

Pocket list day 12
    @springer
    @ihatelettuce
    @mia139
    @dee22
    @jaifaim

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 12 UK NFD

I’m also liking the MFPapp @i-hate-lettuce I’ve set myself a target to record everything accurately for a month and what an eye opener it’s been in terms of portion sizes and calories So hopefully getting back on track

@funshipfreddie The dumping beer sounds very drastic Surely they’ll keep if bottled ? What a waste
    @michelinme Wow you’ve really been through it 🤞the meds work

Day 12 – second post – aghast !

@funshipfreddie @brightonbelle – pouring away perfectly good bottled beer is nonsense! Its down to ‘sell by dates’…. one of the four ingredients in beer is hops ….a natural preservative.

I was a member of Craft Brewers for a long time and brewed beer, all bottled.
    All beer containing hops will either keep or mature well in bottles

I like many, used to keep some bottles in cardboard boxes to store for ‘an occasion’. Some of the best were kept and they improved. I still have a few dozen in the workshop, some must be 10 years old! There were a lot, still probably have near 100 bottles stashed away.

Day 12 Melb Aust TDEE
    Day 11 FD

Didn’t log in so missed out on being on that massively long Pocket List yesterday. Irrespective, managed a successful FD, maybe 350 cals, so I was pleased with that. TDEE today, then I’ll fast again tomorrow.

@michelinme, hope you’re doing well. I’m down to 160.6 lb, so will be snapping at your heels soon.

Seems like everyone is managing okay while missing direct contact with loved ones. Hope those suffering from various complaints feel better soon. @jaifaim, it will be good when you can travel over to see your mother again.

Onward and downwards everyone.

Day 12 Second post

@michelinme, poor arithmetic – I’m 158.4 lbs now, multiplied 73 X 2.2, instead of 72. Oops. Have you had a Covid-19 test yet, just to confirm that it’s been the coronavirus making you so ill (with staph infection, allergies, asthma thrown in)? Will pray for your rapid recovery.

@songbirdme, thanks for sharing that clip.

Bye again

Day 12 UK, FD

Day 12 already. This month is flying by. Like others I log my food on MFP and even like the “telling off” you get when you are on a FD. It’s when I take off my fitbit and stop recording that things go awry!

Today Will probably be OMAD, planning a nice chicken salad for later.

Pocket list day 12
    @springer
    @ihatelettuce
    @mia139
    @dee22
    @jaifaim
    @saffy420

Day 12 Oxfordshire, UK – CD
    Good FD yesterday 🙂 Aiming for a CD today.
    Haven’t managed to read enough of Fast800 to see if it’s for me yet.
    Had a beautiful evening yesterday. My yoga teacher gives a deep relaxation class one Sunday a month. I received the video link yesterday and treated myself for an hour before bed. I slept really well and it was also an hour I wasn’t tempted to nibble.
    @michelinme – sorry to hear this has been going for a while. So glad you finally got the right treatment and are beginning to feel better.
    @dykask – I agree, none of us should be taking chances with our health at the moment, so supplements certainly help.

Day 12 USA (Illinois) NFD

Yesterday’s FD was pretty good, about 600 calories, mostly because I did eat up the leftover lamb chop from Mother’s Day dinner along with my usual salad. I’m still amazed how one FD can keep me on maintenance as long as I am careful on my other 6 days. There is still room for some indulgences on the 6. Thank God for this WOL.

I’m enjoying seeing and feeding my spring birds! My DH got me a fabulous pair of binoculars for my birthday, and they have been great at spying the orioles and rose-breasted grosbeaks what have come through our neck of the woods. I often see indigo buntings here about now too – watching out for them. Also, I adore listening for their various songs and calls. Even the robins sing so clearly.

@matpi – adorable pancakes! Somehow pancakes are like poison for any diet I have ever been on. I think they go straight to my hips.

@i-hate-lettuce – completely agree how this WOL just plain works. Yeah!

@dee22 – our garden centers were able to stay open here, and we’ve used them for a variety of items to keep ourselves busy at home. Enjoy yours!

Onward and downward.

Day 12 UK West Yorkshire – FD halfway through my FD. Started to have breakfast about 10.30 and then wait for tea until 6ish. I don’t know if I’m doing this right. Been for a cycle and a walk today. Hopefully the fast will make up for the cream cake I was forced into eating yesterday as apparently it was a bargain and on its use by date. Have a lovely rest of the day

Day 12, London, UK, NFD

Long post, feel free to skip!!

It’s another FD, walked with Leslie, no coffee, showered and broke my fast with a pack (2!!) of mini-cheddars ……………………… another crack cocaine coated nemesis of mine ……………………….. I forgot about the ‘treat’ basket in the spare bedroom ………………..I discovered mini cheddars (gone!) seaweed thins (magnificent iodine boosters at 24 cals per pack!) & 2 salted caramel fudge kit-kats……………………………….. It’s gonna be a loooooooooog day!!!

Thanks for the link @songbirdme, fabulous creative people keeping us all going!!!!

@emma-taylor, cancelled travels have a silver lining, no angst about avoiding fabulous mouth-watering pastas & pizzas in Italy is a good thing!!! Back to fasting, getting into the swimsuits of course; just think about how fantastic you’re going to look this time next year!!!!! I’m staying in my own restricted lockdown ………………… I have Leslie Sansone for walking company (by the way, my thighs are like lead this morning!!) but my friend who lives in Hampton Wick regularly rants online about the numerous people using Bushy Park as a picnic/BBQ destination despite the lockdown, you may have noticed them??!!

Speaking of pizza, I’ve pastrami and mozzarella, Greek yoghurt and loads of veg in the fridge so I thought I might try something very different to a salad …………………………………. https://tasty.co/recipe/2-ingredient-dough-pizza

@penz, just “Walk, walk, walk” my gentle strolls in the park weren’t doing anything for the waistline, I’m so thankful walking with Leslie kicks my ar*se in private and I’m minus 5+ inches to show for it!!!

@dykask, I’m so inconsistent with my supplements until I’m desperate for them!! I must make them a routine alongside water consumption!!

@matpi, all it takes is one bad experience to set up a phobia………………………. My MRI of last summer has triggered instantaneous claustrophobia ………………………… I’m sweating just thinking about it. I hope your better experience helps get rid of the dread!! Loved the link, but the fear of breakfast is real to me!!

@daffodil2010, I can’t let you fall off of the wagon, we’ve been walking the same path for years!!! I’m sending some mojo your way, in the meantime get rid (guzzle or I suppose you could share) the vino stockpile & prepare to get back on the wagon!!! Once you’re settled and strapped in you can reintroduce Dry ‘til Fri ……………………………… until then it’s time to reread posts from 2017, my best year yet, and yours too I think?

Way to go @i-hate-lettuce, I have a minor panic attack when my scale battery flashes ‘LO’………………………. The booze weighing is a revelation, those in the know will remember the 50ml portion of Baileys incident of 2017 ……………………………. In essence, a recommended portion is 50ml which doesn’t even coat the inside of the glass and packs a whopping 165cals, the deceptively heavy bottle doesn’t help, so weighing is the way to go!! I wouldn’t consider myself an aged aunt, but still…………………….

@funshipfreddie, I’m in shock!!! How is that even an idea!!! Sounds to me like something someone who thinks positively about ingesting/injecting bleach might say!!!!!!

I’ve been checking, but I don’t see where @i-hate-lettuce posted his address!!! Those 100 bottles must be taking up soooo much space!!!! Surely it counts as essential travel????……No???

@michelinme take some ‘me’ time and recover gently, healing vibes winging their way to you xxx

@aidan64, there are numerous kinds of BAD foods, for me ……………………………. ‘Bargains’, ‘Special offers’, ‘new flavour’, BOGOFs’, must be used today’ , ‘limited editions’ or the worst kind ………………….‘FREE’ food generous friends & family want to pile on you to take home at the end of a dinner party/ celebration!!!

Onward & downwards Folks, stay strong and if you can’t ………………………. Walk, walk, walk it off!!!!

Day 12 Fleetwood FD
    Not checked in for a couple of days, managed to stay in control yesterday on a nfd. Good to be back, trying 800 calories instead of my usual 500 as having problems with increased migraines which can last upto 5 days. Does anyone else suffer from these? May be due to blood sugar levels? Or not enough fluids? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

@fasterlorna – the odd time I’ve felt unwell on a FD it’s because I’ve been dehydrated, nowadays on FD’s I make sure I have loads of water. Might help you?

Second post…
    Finding my FDs tough this week…

@songbirdme, it’s great to have you here to inspire us to get to where you are! One fast a week and maintaining at your goal weight is a great place to be! Well done to you and thanks for posting and inspiring us.
    I’m loving the different birdsong but I’m not very good at identifying the birds, other than the obvious ones 😉 there are tiny little birds in my rose bushes and they are just so cute.. I love breaking from work and having a little look at them.

@aidan64, it sounds to me like you are doing everything right at the moment.. even the cream cake.. it was a NFD and as long as you don’t have cream cake every day then that’s ok. I find it hard to refuse a bargain and/or a nice cream cake so would have probably been in the same boat if I’d seen it…. I hope you enjoyed it.. I’m adding you to the pocket list for today…

@flourbaby.. I’d have the same issue if I came across a treat box like that…and the kit kats would be long gone too 😬
    @ihatelettuce are you a member of Camra then? I’m not but we do love going to the beer festivals and the standout one for me in the past few years was in the BIC in Bournemouth one Good Friday about three years ago.. that was back when you couldn’t go to a bar in Ireland on Good Friday so for many reasons it was a really great day! I love tasting new and interesting beers and one of the many reasons I love getting to spend time in the UK where there is a much wider array of beers/ales, etc.

@fasterlorna I tend to suffer from headaches quite a bit generally but last year I whittled it down to dehydration or an electrolyte imbalance.. some people here swear by Himalayan Pink Salt from time to time on their fast day. I haven’t done that but do take an ampoule of isotonic water if I’m feeling bad.. this does tend to help.. I’m sure some others will give their tip when they see your post.

Revised pocket list:

Pocket list day 12
    @springer
    @ihatelettuce
    @mia139
    @dee22
    @jaifaim
    @saffy420
    @aidan64
    @fasterlorna

Second post
    Thanks@Jaifaim
    @i hate lettuce
    Thanks for your suggestions, had a better day today with sticking to 800 calories. Will increase my fluids on FD. Will have to wait until weigh in on Thursday to see if there is any changes.

@jaifaim – thank you. Sometimes I wonder if my posting (even lurking) is kind of a distraction. Glad to know it does some good! 🙂

Day 2 – Switzerland – NFD

Hi everybody, is it ok to join this challenge in the middle of the month? I decided the day before yesterday that it was time to 5:2 again, started yesterday with my first FD (800cal) in a very long time! I‘m looking for a loss of 3kg and a positive influence on my upcoming hayfever – some years ago I had the impression fasting helped with the latter.

I never joined the monthly challenge but always thought about it… now is the time!

Oups… I mean:

Day 12 – Switzerland – NFD

Day 11, UK, FD
    Day 12, UK, NFD

I didn’t post yesterday, on my FD, which annoys me because I wanted to add myself to the pocket list. It was a successful FD with just potato soup for lunch and some grapes for dinner 👍 . I feel better 🙂
    Today is a NFD but I decided to shift the focus from FD to NFD and pay more attention when I’m not fasting since that is what creates the problems for me, overeating on NFDs. So today I’m still being mindful how much I eat.

@at thank you for your welcome and your support, it really means a lot 🤗

@michelinme goodness, I’m glad you are feeling better, look after yourself please 🤗

@funshipfreddie I don’t get why is alcohol all of a sudden illegal over there? It doesn’t make any sense to me. It has nothing to do with physical contact and transmission of the virus, and that is what all these measures are supposed to stop 🤔

@daffodil2010 sending you a virtual hug 🤗, I know the feeling when your mojo just deserts you!

@songbirdme I am enjoying feeding and following the developments of “my” birds too 😍. Its a breeding season so I see more and more fledglings around, which is fantastic 🤩 . A bunch of starlings and their babies are entertaining me at the moment, love them ♥️

I noticed that @ccco hasn’t posted for almost a week, which is unusual, I hope you are ok @ccco ?

Have a great evening everyone and lets try and do our best to reach our goals this month 🌞

Day 12- Atlanta,Ga- USA- CFD

Day 12 UK FD

Better late than never

Pocket list day 12
    @springer
    @ihatelettuce
    @mia139
    @dee22
    @jaifaim
    @saffy420
    @aidan64
    @fasterlorna
    @helen285

Day 3. NFD. Hampshire, UK.

Thimk I stuck to calories but hard with home cooking to be sure, but near enough. Exercised for 45 mins. Second fasr dag tomorrow. Let the battle commence!

I also suffer with hayfever. I will watch to see if FD improve my symptoms. Interesting!

Day 13, NFD, Aus

Feeling good and in control. Hello, mojo! Hey, Mia139 – sounds like yours has returned with a vengeance.

Did another Leslie Sansone class yesterday and I’ve now put it in my work calendar so people know not to bother me. That and my dog walking, I’m feeling good in my muscles.

@matpi – thanks for the article. I’d love to be able to eat pancakes and lose weight but I know my body well enough to know that aint going to happen. Good for a laugh, tho.

@Ihatelettuce – I love your description of a measure of wine like “they were poured by an aged Aunt with a bad wrist” – that’s me! And your sign off quote reminds me of one. Nothing succeeds like a parrot.

@funshipfreddie – what’s the policy thinking behind the ban on selling (and transporting) alcohol? Something to do with trying to reduce domestic violence? You may have mentioned it but if you did, I missed it.

@flourbaby – I do like Leslie so this is not intended as any disrespect to her but whenever she says “walk, walk, walk” it reminds me of a quacking duck! I’m in awe of your lost 5 inches – I think you can rock those salted caramel fudge kit kats (incidentally, what evil genius concocted such temptation?!)

Mention of Himalayan pink salt reminded me we’ve not seen @rainbowsmile for a while – are you out there? How are you going?

@songbirdme – you’re NEVER a distraction and always an inspiration!

Welcome @beck100 to this lovely supportive forum. Anyone can join anytime! There are very few “rules” here but if you look at the very first post on page 1, you’ll see we all adopt the practice of including the day (of the month), what kind of day you’re having (NFD, FD etc) and where you are. So for you, you were probably day 12 (while for us in the southern hemisphere it may well have clocked over to day 13).

Day 12 Ohio, US —- NFD

Glad people enjoyed the article. Even though it was written tongue-in-cheek, there is a grain of truth there. An Israeli doctor found that if people eat a big (within limits), satisfying breakfast and then followed essentially a Montignac type diet for the rest of the day, they could lose weight and compliance remained high. I think her book is called “The Big Breakfast Diet.” I found that I couldn’t hold to the diet since if I had a slice of pie at breakfast time, I couldn’t resist finishing off the rest of the pie during the remainder of the day. With pie my only willpower is not to have it in the house.

It got up to 55 F (12 C) today, so went out for a 40 minute walk. That coupled with my 25 minute morning yoga routine brought my exercise time up to over an hour. It’s amazing what a motivator halfway decent weather is!

Day13 Aus CD
    Day12 Aus FD
    Done well yesterday, but also was busy with work, so that helped. Will definitely try to be controlled today and go for a longish walk. Enjoy reading everyone’s thoughts on the process.

Day 13 – Ireland – FD

Welcome @beck100! You are more than welcome to join us… the more the merrier…

@penz you said it @songbirdme don’t ever think you are a distraction 😁 .

@matpi I had to stop reading the article as I’m having a tough week staying away from temptation and the word Pancake just kept jumping out at me… 😂 I do find if I open up the kitchen too early I am scuppered for the rest of the day…
    @zzzzz45 well done! Being busy is the key!!!
    I am slipping back into bad habits…even though I’m not eating a huge amount, the things I’m eating are not great for my body… milk in coffee, scones and home baked bread … my body is sooo tired and achey….
    My body doesn’t respond well to vitamin D either and I’ve been on a supplement over the past few months so think this may also be to blame along with all the sun I’ve had recently so will have to find my mojo and just be more controlled and mindful of the bigger picture..
    Having said that for most people apparently Vitamin D is the vitamin to take at the moment 👍
    I’m also binge watching stuff on netflix now… NOT GOOD and I must stop 🛑…..

I’m not going to fast today but will be back on the list tomorrow. 👍

Good luck everyone!
    Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 13 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Yes, it’s an FD today. I feel excited about it, determination even. There was no alcohol last night, I slept well, and I am raring to go today. No breakfast (that was starting to creep in). Green tea already had and 1.5litres of water already drunk.

Decisions made regarding the lunch delivery (it’s a vegetarian salad bowl but some carbs in it) so I will being it home for another day and will have normal FD lunch of small Oatbran bread with ham and mustard. Lentil soup for dinner.

As soon as I get home it’s on with the tracksuit and I will start my first Leslie Sansone walk (you guys have built it up big so I must try it…and oh how I need to lose inches).

I saw 150lbs this morning, and this time it really struck a chord of horror. It’s not the weight as such, it’s the fact that I have a ton of size 12 clothes that are far too snug now, and it’s lucky my work has introduced a casual clothes policy for the duration of this pandemic fir those of us who have to work in the office…..as otherwise I would have nothing to wear!!!!!!!!

So thank you @flourbaby for the virtual kick up the ar#e and also @funshipfreddie – both of you must have sent my mojo back to me yesterday. Now I need to build that mojo muscle.

It was one of the newbies on this month’s forum (sorry can’t go back to look) that the feeling of hunger is a good feeling as the fat is under pressure. Thanks, I needed that reminder.

So, here’s to a great Hump Day FD.

Pocket list Day 13
    @jaifaim
    @daffodil2010

Day 13 – Lake District UK- NFD

Good morning everyone,

All this great weather since lockdown has been a bonus, out for walks every day, loads of time in the garden and BBQ’s, but all the ‘indoor jobs’ that we’ve been saving for a rainy day are not getting done!

@jaifaim – Not a member of CAMRA these days, was a founder member of the local branch in the 1970’s, but moved away and on to other things. I joined the Craft Brewers Association when I started brewing around 15 years ago. Found it was a) getting like a job and brewing too regularly, friends etc wanted me to brew 10 gallon batches for ‘occasions’. b) I liked the product too much, which is not good. My other weakness is bread, I bake all our own, have done for years (goes alongside brewing rather well) The froth on top of fermenting beer is called ‘barm’ which is the result of the reaction of yeast with sugars in the grain, this makes excellent bread, hence in the UK you get barm cakes (a soft white bread bun)

@saffy420 – I’ve now mastered MFP app and together with Fitbit, a lot easier counting calories daily etc.

@flourbaby – It might seem excessive measuring/recording alcohol, but the first time I did, wow, was that an eye opener! I knew my measures were ‘generous’ but the number of calories you can rack up….. re sharing my stash of beers, can’t wait to be able to have visitors again in the garden, BBQ going and the cool boxes full of drinks for visitors. Don’t think its going to be soon though!

@daffodil2010 and @jaifaim – Have a good FD, I look at the ride on the wagon as transport over the plateau and downhill on the scales!

Take care all.

Second post…

Sorry I was giving mixed messages above regarding my FD/NFD but just back from a little spin and have reset my brain…
    I will join you @daffodil2010 (you and @ihatelettuce are inspiring me) and go for a good FD today

👍

Pocket list Day 13
    @jaifaim
    @daffodil2010

Day 13 UK CFD

I’ve been wrestling the Snack Dragon 🐉 for a few days now. The Snack Dragon won. Managed to cage the beast and get back on it. This lockdown is really messing with my routine, resolve and resilience. To be honest I’m struggling a bit. Would love to just go out & about as before but we can’t, not in a normal way.

Concentrating on my yoga, my garden and my meal plans. I hope to do better.

Take care Everyone & stay safe.

Day 13 Oxfordshire, UK – CD
    Strangely, feeling in the zone this week. Have resisted the nibbles in the evening so far. I’m not sure why all my resolve crumbles at the weekend though.
    @daffodil2010 – sounds like your mojo is back with a vengeance and is taking control. Good luck today.
    @fasterlorna – more water is often the answer to headaches within fasting. Not sure if the same is true of migraines. I have a friend who suffers and know how bad they can be. If you’re a yogi person you could try this link. My nephew and another FD er recommended Yoga with Adriene. This is a practice for migraines.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFkAl5wHEbg&t=616s
    @ihatelettuce – my DH loves his craft beers and in our early years together we could only go to pubs who were CAMRA friendly. Things have come a long way since then and more pubs serve better beer. (or is it that there are fewer pubs?)
    @judyjudes – planning is the key. I started planning meals because the family complained of boredom. You could tell what day it was by what we ate, e.g. Wednesday was always a chilli. Now I plan for the month so that’s 30 ish different meals. Its fluid though, so in normal times if we get an invite or something is on offer I move things around. It means I don’t waste food either, only buying what is needed.
    Have a good day everyone.

Viewing 50 posts - 301 through 350 (of 695 total)

You must be logged in to reply.