May 2020 Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
May 2020 Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 690 replies, has 53 voices, and was last updated by  FlourBaby 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 351 through 400 (of 695 total)

• Day 13 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

I had my best NFD in a long time yesterday; 1600 cals, well below my TDEE.

@beck100 – welcome to the May Challenge! It’s never too late to join

@flourbaby, @i-hate-lettuce – the beer was saved! Actually, it was 130 million litres, equivalent to 400 million bottles. I don’t know if it had already been bottled. But anyway, according to the press, ‘brewery facilities have a very low legal limit at which they can store alcohol. SAB had already dumped 25,000 litres before reaching an agreement with the authorities, which will enable SAB to legally transport its packaged inventory from its breweries to its depots’. Phew?!

@shinything, @penz – re alcohol – the theory was that banning alcohol would decrease road accidents, & violence/fights in the townships, especially at weekends; thereby taking pressure off emergency services/hospitals, which the government anticipated would be overwhelmed with Covid-19 cases. That hasn’t happened yet though.South Africa isn’t the only country to ban alcohol sales either; Thailand & India have too. Not sure what the theory was behind banning tobacco products was though?! Talk about ‘nanny state’?!

Happy Hump Day! 🐫

Pocket List – Day 13 🍒
    @jaifaim
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie

Day 14 UK NFD

Changing my usual Wednesday fast to Thursday this week in an attempt to keep the Weekend as it should be , with the Bank holiday last week mine started on Thursday ! Seeing that written down makes me realise just how little self control I have

@songbird You lurk as much as you like – I hope @ciren2 still out there too x

Day 13, UK, NFD

I was toying with the idea to have an FD day today, felt like it, but I will see how the day goes. I don’t want tu burn myself out at the beginning and give up. Tomorrow will definitely be FD though 🙂

Its a first day today that I am trying the walking exercises by Leslie Sansone, thank you @flourbaby 🤗

Have a good day everyone 🌞

Day 13 Melb Aust FD720

Didn’t quite make the 500 cal FD, but 720 is better than a NFD!

@jaifaim, agree with you SO much – if I eat early in the day, that’s it for the day – NFD for sure.

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Pocket List – Day 13 🍒
    @jaifaim
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @betsylee

Day 13, London, UK, NFD,

@songbirdme, keep on lurking!! You and @at are the light at the end of the tunnel for many of us ……………………. Maintenance!! I WILL get there!! ………………………….. Someday!!

@penz, no doubt the same evil genius who works for the ‘Fat Fairy’ behind Baileys, Peanut butter (I know!!) wine gums, Wotsits, peanut M&Ms, malted milk biscuits, Sensations Thai coated peanuts, doughnuts ……….……………………… Uurgh, I could be here a while!!! I’m guessing my evening walk will have me smiling during the ‘quack, quack, quack’ bits!!

You really have got this @daffodil2010, we all fall back into mad & bad habits like breakfast from time to time. At the beginning of this lockdown one thing I bought was a loaf of bread, considering I hadn’t done that for years I think I was looking for comfort and subconsciously planning breakfast!!! Now I can see it was my ‘toilet paper stockpile’ moment – when I was out to work for most of my waking hours I didn’t keep too many trigger foods in the house, so why oh, why would I do the opposite now during lockdown???

No, no, no …………………….. do not need to sample a barm cake even though I’ve never had one!! Did I mention I have issues with ‘NEW’ foods???

@funshipfreddie, Phew!! Indeed. I was about to write a strongly worded letter!!!!

@shinything ………………… I’ll be joining you tomorrow for a back to basics 500cal FD!!! There ……………….. SET ………. IN …………. STONE!!!!!

“I didn’t get there by wishing for it or hoping for it, but by working for it.” – Estée Lauder

2nd Post

I forgot to mention … When I was getting washed & dressed for bed last night, to my horror I found a gluten free Jaffa cake melted to my boob 😮. Greedy Snack Dragon 🐉 must have put in there for later 😂. I do remember misplacing one when going from the kitchen to the lounge, I just thought I’d miscounted.

Today is going better. Had vegetable stir fry for lunch. Baked fish and salad for evening meal. Drinking more water.

Take care everyone.

Day13 – Switzerland – NFD

Thanks everybody for the nice welcome! It‘s very motivating to be a part of this 😊

Yesterday I managed to stay 200cal under my TDEE, yay – although my TDEE might be lower, considering the actual WOL – Home Office. I try to exercise a bit more, but motivation changes from day to day.

Tomorrow is my second 800cal FD of the week, I hope I manage as well as monday.

Keep care everybody!

Day 13 USA (Illinois) NFD

Despite McDonald’s drive-thru lunch yesterday, I did manage to stay under TDEE. DH had a dental appointment, so I went with him.

Thanks for your support and care for my maintenance membership. 🙂

@suki2 @penz & @i-hate-lettuce — your discussion of craft beers was quite interesting. We live in a county right next to Wisconsin (home of beer brewing in America) and have craft breweries all around us. Lots of my friends are very into various varieties, IPA’s, etc. and know all about various tastes and recipes. Guess I am glad I never really got “into” them for the calories they contain. I prefer to stick with my wines. I read up on CAMRA and found it quite interesting.

@judyjudes – your finding that Jaffa cake made me laugh! Good for you ‘saving it for later!’

Off to do a Silver Sneakers remote workout.

Onward and downward.

Day 13,Fleetwood FD
    Suki2 Many Thanks for the link for the yoga tried it this morning and loved it, done yoga for years never thought about it for migraines (duh)
    Having an extra fast day this week as having increased the calories to 800 also increased the fluids to avoid the headaches So far so good. Will see tomorrow on weigh in!
    @flourbaby Will never be able to walk my 3 miles again without laughing. It does sound like she’s quacking.
    Loving reading everyone’s posts very inspiring.

Day 13, UK, NFD

@judyjudes, I almost spat my coffee out at the picture of your boob with a Jaffa cake attached. 😃. @i-hate-lettuce, my OH is into the beer. One of the reasons for going to Belgium for his birthday was to try the local beer and I’d booked him a beer tour. As we can’t go I’ve asked a local craft ale shop to make him up a hamper of Belgian beer. I tried to do it myself but I don’t have the first clue. Talking about barms, I grew up near Wigan and all bread rolls were called barm cakes in our house. Won’t open that particular discussion but I never knew the name came from brewing.

Yesterday’s FD was a success, came in just under 500 cals. Hoping today will be under TDEE, however we’ve just done our weekly shop and I bought a packet of pain au chocolates which were going out of date (I think my mind sees half price so,assumes half calories), they’re currently in the freezer but I can hear them calling.

Keep safe everyone and enjoy the rest of your day.

2nd post

@judyjudes LOL LOL….😂I have tears of laughter….that snack dragon is hilarious 😂

On another note, I tried my first Leslie Sansone walk, just the 12 minute Fat Burn one…I found it very manageable and so much easier than Jillian Michaels. Is there any recommendations for any particular walk to get me started?

Still giggling at @judyjudes Jaffa cake 😀

Second post of the day: a little bit about myself, I‘m 41, living with OH and 2 sons, as well as crazy cat. I lost about 7kg about 4 years ago with 5:2 (back then I did the 500cal version). I never planned losing that much, but it worked so well that I just kept going… and I‘m still convinced it‘s the easiest and healthiest way of loosing weight. I maintained for some time, currently I‘m about 3kg heavier than I was then.

After 6 weeks of lockdown my sons are back to school and I decided that now my nerves could handle to start back into 5:2… so onward and downward!

Back then posting helped a lot – so I‘m happy to join this inspiring group 😊. I‘m looking forward to get to know you all!

Day 13 – UK – FD800
    Day 12 – NFD

Well managed a good FD500 on Day 11 but Day 12 was a bit of a EFS one involving some rather nice wine……so today is another FD and aiming for it to be FD800 🤞

A great stretching/twisting yoga class this morning followed by my weekly shop – there certainly seems to be more cars around but the shops were quiet – I did wear a mask 😷 whilst inside the supermarket for my own peace of mind and will continue wearing one when inside shops for the foreseeable future.

Also fitted in a brisk 5km walk this afternoon in around 42mins – I love going outside for walks, be they power walks or a more leisurely wander up the fells – fresh air and lately plenty of sunshine too – time to clear the mind and enjoy the views, listening to the birds.

Back home to cook a healthy vegetarian dinner, large portion for OH and a small one for me 😇 also was very kind to OH as I made him a large rhubarb, ginger and apple crumble – he loves them – I’m holding firm and not having any until tomorrow……

@dee22 – well done on dispatching those 7lbs over the past 2 weeks 👍
    @michelinme – I think you might need a big virtual 🤗 sounds like you’re on the mend – self love and care required x
    @sjenkins and @beck100 – welcome on board – we’re an international group so people posting at different times and lots of support and advice willingly given
    @flourbaby – Thank you – very happy to be part of these challenges as they help me to stay in maintenance……unlike @songbirdme I tend to need my 2xFD, sometimes 3 depending on how much overindulgence takes place on my NFDs – I only ever have 2 meals a day and I can’t remember when I last ate on waking up……I have a light brunch late morning/lunctime and then an early evening meal – seems to work for me….
    @judyjudes – 🤣🤣 no words!!!

Lovely to see the May Challenge getting busier and lots of newbies joining us – big welcome to all

Pocket List – Day 13 🍒
    @jaifaim
    @daffodil2010
    @funshipfreddie
    @betsylee
    @fasterlorna
    @at

“If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”

Day 13 I’m West Yorkshire – NFD Evening all (Dixon of Dock Green for those of an age) No bike ride today, just a morning walk with Mrs C. Had a good FD yesterday and hopefully not a bad day today. It’s nice to read everyone’s posts and it makes you realise how small the world really is!

Day 4 ( returning newbie) UK. FD. Working full time from home. Second fast day at 500 cals. Just about made it with black tea, fat free greek yoghurt, banana, ryvita, a pile of veg and a little chicken. Was feeling really cold, so found a Fight Klub work out on Facebook, and just completed 30 mins of hard work. Feeling proud. Back to 1600 cals tomorrow Looking forward to egg and toast in the morning!

Day 14 Aus FD
    Just had a small breakfast and will aim for just black tea and black coffee till small dinner.
    I remind myself when feeling hungry that the body will look for things to get rid of – broken cells, rolls around my middle etc.An encouraging thought!
    Onwards and downwards!

Day 14, FD, Aus

Looking at the all the resolve from Day 13 posts I expect lots of company for day 14 pocket list!

Day 13, Québec, FD

I didn’t post for a few days. Just struggling to eat well. I noticed that I never know what day we are…this doesn’t help to plan my fast days.
    I watched Leslie Sansone’s walk videos and I liked them. It’s quite motivating. Will try to do it with her walkers, instead of just looking at it LOL

I’m still in here, even tough I’m not very strict. For the time being I accept it like that. My goal is not demanding but it’s ok for now.

Thank you everyone for being part of this wonderfull group. It does help me a lot.

Day 14. FD (1st one in a while in which I’m aiming to keep sub 500) UK

Good Morning All

I’m pleased my little covert cuddle with a Jaffa cake raised a giggle or two. I must admit it made me laugh out loud. I pleased to say no such escapades occurred last night and the Snack Dragon 🐉 stayed in his cage.

Today’s menu is miso soup for lunch. Baked fish and vegetables evening meal. Hot drinks & water to keep hydrated and feeling full.

Wishing everyone a good day.

Take care, stay safe.

Day 14 – Lake District UK- FD

Good morning everyone,

@funshipfreddie – ‘The beer is saved, all hail the beer’ 🙂

@songbirdme – Craft beer’s been on the up for a while now, become popular with the ladies as well, just a shame about the calories!

@saffy420 – What a star, treating your OH to a case of Belgian beer, which is excellent stuff, although I’m not keen on their ‘fruit beers’. Had many happy trips to Belgium. As for barm buns and oven bottoms ….fabulous for bacon butties!

@at – You’ve noticed the increase in traffic again, incredibly busy round here last weekend, luckily we know a lot of our local walks that are ‘undiscovered’ and make the most of them. Like you I like to get out, stroll with my better half or a MOAM walk on my own, gets my head on straight.

Our village isn’t very big, population around 800 spread over the parish area and a couple of small satellite villages. But big on gardening, a lot of keen gardeners who are also generous (as are a lot of folk round here) raising funds for favourite charities. There are a number of houses I pass on my walks who now have a small table with a few plants and a collection tin outside. They have plants that are ‘spare’ or have been divided and potted on to raise a few bob, great idea as garden centres are still shut.
    So now have another source for interesting plants that grow well in this area, I started doing the same myself a while ago, although I give them to neighbours, we seem to have developed a bartering system here. Various friends who are neighbours, hand goodies ‘over the wall’ and very seldom money changes hands, very lucky that it’s pretty much been like that since we moved here, ‘you only need to ask’.

Take care all

Pocket list day 14
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @zzzzz45
    @penz
    @judyjudes

Day 14 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Having a B2B and looking forward to it. Good loss from yesterday’s FD, but I know how it goes, and want to just get back on FD track and start fitting into my clothes.

So nothing except coffee and water until lunch when it’s a tuna wrap being delivered to the office. Taking that into account and looking forward to it, means that evening meal is lentil soup.

Had another Leslie Sansone fat burning walk this morning and my muscles were a little tighter than yesterday which is good as it’s starting to work. It’s fun. Kind of reminds me of Salsa Slims with the side steps and taps, but it is so manageable. And I like that Leslie herself looks normal, not ripped with muscles like Jillian Michaels and her scary team 😄

I then had my normal outdoor walk but burned it up a bit more MOAM style! I normally take a spin about at lunchtime but due to lockdown and my offices being surrounded by green fields and a river by the edge of a big town…well, it’s chock full of walkers, runners, families, dog-walkers, kids on bikes….so I don’t enjoy my lunchtime walk due to the sheer number of people about.

Hopefully from 18th when restrictions start lifting the crowds will lessen…..but it’s
    an ongoing thing.

@funshipfreddie I really don’t know how you have coped with that dry strict lockdown
    but good to see that sense prevailed and Brewers could get their package to the depots. I used to work for a large multinational brewer, the product was brewed in Dublin but shipped to Liverpool for packaging into bottles and cans…..and I heard its booming now due to increased demand during lockdown!!!

@flourbaby thanks again mate for pulling me back onto the wagon, just go to keep on it now, but if you can do it, I CAN do it!!! Remember when you you couldn’t do FD’s at home….now look at ya, not a bother and losing inches too. So you are my muse right now ☺️

Have a great Thursday everyone

Pocket list Day 14
    @penz
    @judyjudes
    @daffodil2010

Day 14 – South Africa 🇿🇦 NFD

Two successful FDs done & dusted so far this week. I’ll do another tomorrow, while I’m on a roll.

Our president gave another of his looong, rambling speeches last night; 41 minutes, which I’m sure could have been condensed into 14. In a nutshell, we should be on Level 3 by the end of the month! Which means we’ll be able to buy alcohol; but only Mon – Wed from 8am – 12 noon. Imagine the queues?! Oh, and the list of what we can buy under Level 4 has been revised, & we can now buy underwear! Don’t ask…🤦

@lin48 – it was ‘Day 13’ yesterday! Whether you’ve done 4 fasts or 400 – the ‘Day’ is always the day’s date.

@judyjudes – the Jaffa Cake?!! Now that’s hilarious! 😂

Good luck, Thursday fasters! Looks like a couple of people got bumped off the list, so just putting them back….

Pocket List – Day 14
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @zzzzz45
    @penz
    @judyjudes
    @daffodil2010

Day 14, London, UK, FD,

LOL!! @judyjudes, Naughty jaffa cake & snack dragon conspiring against you 😂 😂 …………………………. The real question is …………………..Did you eat it??????

@saffy420 such dangerous places supermarkets ………………… ‘bargain’ foods are my downfall too!!!

@daffodil2010, these are the walks I’ve bookmarked in order of preference for me, enjoy ………………
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enYITYwvPAQ
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vUQXg5V7y2Q
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p2ggHwtb-Zg
    I like to do at least two a day, if I miss one I do a 45min walk. We truly are in this together, this forum has gotten me through many plateaus and y’all will get me through the current weight gain!! (inch loss helps too 😂!!) Thanks for the reminder, FDs at home were my nemesis, now with the time to exercise (3hrs not driving to & fro means I have NO excuse!!) and prepare more elaborate FD meals I’m actually finding a positive in this nightmare!!

So true @zzzzz45, although weight loss is at the forefront for most of us, we mustn’t forget the health benefits, perhaps imagining my cells having time to repair & restore & getting a well-deserved rest from either digesting copious amounts of food or staggering around with a hangover, will help boost my mojo!!

Pocket List – Day 14
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @zzzzz45
    @penz
    @judyjudes
    @daffodil2010
    @flourbaby

We’ve got this folks, stay strong!!!!

Day 14 UK West Yorkshire – FD Been out the the daily pootle around the rivers and canals of Wakefield. Now digging in for a day of fast. The family have crispy duck for tea…stay strong and don’t pick is my motto for today!

Day 14. London. FD

Just adding myself to the pocket list. Happy Thursday all

Pocket List – Day 14
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @zzzzz45
    @penz
    @judyjudes
    @daffodil2010
    @flourbaby
    @emma-taylor.

Day 14 – Ireland – FD 800

Thank you @daffodil2010 and @ihatelettuce for popping me on the FD yesterday.. I managed a good one and drank lots and lots of water and herbal tea.. need to cut down on the decaf coffee. I noticed a little drop today after a good FD so sending you gratitude!
    I’ll go for a FD 800 today as have a zoom birthday party for a friend at the weekend so will have a drink or two.. 🍷

Still aching in my joints and very tired but hoping good food choices will help this.
    @michelinme I hope that you are feeling better and looking after yourself.

I had a nice very gentle bike ride on an old hybrid bike I’m going to use to commute/shop etc when we can get back out and to work… testing the gears and tweaking it as I went.. lovely day on the beach with lovely clear skies but now back at my desk for work.

@judyjudes, you made me laugh too…. That’s so funny and my question also was: Did you eat it? You’d have to wouldn’t you? Hilarious!
    @flourbaby, thanks for posting the links to the walks.. I’m going to take a look today and listen out for the Quack… sounds like it is really doing you a power of good!
    @funshipfreddie, Wow, it’s so strict over there, only time will tell which country will have dealt with this in the best way BUT I’m glad the beer was saved.. that would have been a travesty.. @saffy420 I’m sure your DH will be thrilled with the Belgian beer.

Everyone seems to be in the zone at the moment which is great – just being here is a good thing.
    @quebecoise it’s very easy to lose track of the days at the moment it’s just such a weird time but you’re here and that’s the most important.. we all have good and bad days but we’ll get there in the end.

I do wonder where @ciren2 is? I hope that she is out there doing ok.. and @snowflake56 and @ccco. Have also been thinking back to lots of people from the old days: @rainbowsmile, @redrockgirl, @coda, @diana123, @kaywesterman, @rabbette, @gretta, rafiki44, @dingping and @annemarilyn and so many others who’ve been on this journey with us..

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Pocket List – Day 14
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @zzzzz45
    @penz
    @judyjudes
    @daffodil2010
    @flourbaby
    @emma-taylor
    @brightonbelle
    @jaifaim (FD 800)

Day 14 UK FD
    Experimenting with a Thursday fast
    Pocket List – Day 14
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @zzzzz45
    @penz
    @judyjudes
    @daffodil2010
    @flourbaby
    @emma-taylor.
    @jaifaim (FD800)
    @brightonbelle

@brightonbelle I can see we’re both fixing the pocket list at the same time… love it! Hope your experiment t works 💪😃

Day 14 Melb Aust TDEE

Think I’ll be under TDEE today, but not low enough to be a CD. Then a FD tomorrow before weighing in on Saturday morning. Weight hasn’t shifted this week, despite 2 FDs already, but it will.

@flourbaby, thanks for posting the YouTube addresses for the Leslie Sansone exercise videos – looked at part of the first one and decided it looks like something I can do, so I’ll try it out. Usually, I just do some walking and some flexibility exercises, but I’d been curious about her due to all the posts here.

@judyjudes, also laughed at your jaffa cake experience, and echo others in asking – did you eat it, or did you bin it? 🙂

@michelinme, hope your health is improving.

Onward and downwards everyone!

Day 14 Fleetwood TDEE
    Hi everyone, my experiment with 800 calories on FD seems ok lost 1 lb. Had a lovely walk along the prom this morning, a lot more people about, understandable with this beautiful weather.
    Stay safe.

Day 14 – Switzerland – FD (800cal)

Second FD of the week for me – second FD after a really long break from fasting. It’s funny, it was impossible for me to do a FD in months. But now it seems I got the right mindset again, and all of the sudden it works again. It’s after lunch and I have 400 cal left for dinner, I think that should work.

@funshipfreddie: the southafrican approach to a lockdown seems to be very detailed…;-)

@fasterlorna: I used to do 500cal FDs but during my short period of fasting a year ago I tried out the 800cal version. 300cal make the FDs easier for me and the difference in weightloss is minimal – maybe I overate less on the other days?

@all: what does the pocket list do?

Day 14 Oxfordshire, UK – FD
    Going well so far today.
    Off to visit the supermarket this afternoon. We only go once every 10 days at the moment.
    @beck100 – good luck with the 800 cals today. The pocket list is a list of the people fasting on any one day. It’s a pocket sized reminder for us all and helps to support each other.
    @fasterlorna – I’m glad it was useful. Fortunately, I’ve not needed that particular session, but I really enjoy some of the others.
    @judyjudes – Jaffa cakes are my crack cocaine, I could easily polish off a whole packet in the past. Not sure now as I daren’t have them in the house.
    joining teh pocket list today
    Pocket List – Day 14
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @zzzzz45
    @penz
    @judyjudes
    @daffodil2010
    @flourbaby
    @emma-taylor.
    @jaifaim (FD800)
    @brightonbelle
    @suki2

Day 14, Bavaria (Germany), NFD

Here I am, after another full week! 😀 I may not write all that much, but reading your comments is highly motivating and keeps me on track.
    Today is my first NFD for this week—and it feels like I have already eaten my weight in bread, so dinner will be rather small. In general, FD are not a problem for me at all, but NFD are real tricky. Last weekend, for example, I had drinks with friends (lockdown regulations have changed in Germany) and was shocked when I looked up the calorie count the next morning.
    Still, it’s going downwards, and that’s what matters. After a week of barely any change, the scale surprised me this morning with a weight loss of half a kilo.

Day 14 USA (Illinois) NFD

Going to do a 16-8 today I think. Well, at least try.

Carbs? I’ve tried to be very careful with those, generally eliminating them in my food consumption. Here’s an interesting article (hopefully it will open for you) about healthy carbs:

https://www.silversneakers.com/blog/best-carbs-for-weight-loss/?utm_campaign=SilverSneakers%20-%20Newsletter%20Yes&utm_source=hs_email&utm_medium=email&utm_content=87841969&_hsenc=p2ANqtz-_jpNKXP7hDNDYnz6LjqQUKwKB6df4svltDWx9OZDBT29KAPPIvpE4FFnkfRiMUsGd1TZJLs-Syo6SzqmZE6Y031qWf2w&_hsmi=87841969

That’s from my Silver Sneakers email list. Let me know, someone, if it will open for non-SS members.

Onward and downward.

Day 14 – USA – FD

Ready to join you ladies for a successful FD. The sunshiney, blue sky gives me motivation. I’m getting used to these 500 calorie days. More of a mind game with me – and yes, whoever said it: no picking!! I’m definitely losing on top – Iwhich is nice for all of my zoom meetings, but I wish the weight would leave south toward my middle!

We got this;

@i-hate-lettuce
    @zzzzz45
    @penz
    @judyjudes
    @daffodil2010
    @erikaa67
    @flourbaby
    @emma-taylor
    @brightonbelle
    @suki2

Second post..
    checking in to keep focused on the FD 💪

@betsylee, have faith – I’m sure there will be a shift soon! 💪
    @fasterlorna – well done on the 1lb loss!!! 👏
    @beck100, the pocket list is just a way of keeping everyone together for the FD (a little like having everyone in your pocket) – we tend to scoop people up and pop them on the list as it helps with the motivation for the day. If you look at page 1 for this month there is a little explanation on this…✅
    @suki2 – like you I have very spaced out supermarket deliveries In my case… . it means I freeze quite a lot of things and have got used to rationing…
    @therese19 – great to have you here.. Down is good!! ⬇️
    @songbirdme – I can’t open the link but it could be my settings here.. I try to cut bad carbs but there is something about them that just keeps drawing me back………… 🙄

Day 14 Canton OH CD
    I keep logging on and trying to post but then something comes up!
    @judyjudes hilarious – it’s the mystery of the hidden Jaffa cake  which led me to wonder what is a Jaffa cake?
    @songbirdme I was able to open the link. Thanks!
    Have to get back to work, but keep on keeping on people

Day 14, UK, FD

My fast is going well today, so far just around 350cal and I plan to have just some fruit for dinner 👍

@daffodil2010 I tried this one and from what you said you might like it too?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kqaNUjTR70A
    Its only 20 minutes and its not too tiring, I enjoyed it 🙂

@funshipfreddie I read your post about lockdown and restrictions there and I just can’t make any sense of it! There is no logic! 😮

Pocket List – Day 14
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @zzzzz45
    @penz
    @judyjudes
    @daffodil2010
    @erikaa67
    @flourbaby
    @emma-taylor.
    @jaifaim (FD800)
    @brightonbelle
    @suki2
    @shinything

We’ve got this! 💪

2nd Post

Thanks @flourbaby and @shinything for the YouTube links, I have saved them to the home screen of my iPad and will do one of them in the morning.

It’s a good long list of fasters today. I am about to have my lentil soup. Let’s all hang in there 👍

Day 14 UK FD
    Day 13 NFD
    Day 12 FD

Thank you lovely people for your kind thoughts and well wishes. I’ve had one of those weird dips that seem to happen when I take antibiotics. MH and cognitive capacity taken a dive but glad to have drunk more and eaten less!

I’ve not caught up w posts yet and days are whizzing by but have had a good couple of days wrt food at least. Tuesday was an unplanned FD with two bowls of carrot soup and an apple, coming in c350 calories. Yesterday was nearly a F800 but comfort ate a big bowl of yogurt & berries with pumpkin seeds & prunes. Still comfortably under TDEE tho. Today was a semi-planned FD tho not drunk enough; about to have supper of carrot soup with quorn fillets and fruit

@betsylee I’ll be on your heels

Just off a two hour zoom call and supposed to be dropping in on friend’s 50th party plus joining online church for short night prayer. DD is going to stay at her dad’s place in lovely countryside for the next couple of months so dropping off her house plants.

Feels like the next stage of something to me. Letting go of different things, and beginning others. Hoping that you are all well amidst these strange times, and that the main thing we will be losing is weight!

Whatever the day brings, go gently x

Day 14, Québec, NFD

My FD yesterday paid off. Youppi, I lost some weight. This little success will help me fo on.

Tomorrrow I am supposed to fast …that is IF I remember that it is Friday. LOL

I just read a very sad news concerning the COVID. In Montreal, in a older people house (I don’t know the exact word in English but I think you understand what I mean) all the patients got the virus. Also all the health workers eventough they had the complete protection kit ! The number sums up close to 400 people sick and a lot of dead !!!! The cause would be the bad ventilation system. So so sad and terrifying !
    We get presse conferences from our prime minister every day but I decided to stop watching …. I try to concentrate on positive ideas.
    @michelinme
    Just like you, I hope that the only thing that we will lose is weight.

Have a good day everyone ! Sending virtual hugs around the world xxx

Day 14, Québec, second post

@ jaifaim
    Thank you for helping me !

@jaifaim & @basyjames — thanks for letting me know that links like that one likely will work to share.

🙂

Day 15, NFD, Aus

Yay!! PFDS AND a drop on the scales! 🙂 It says 3kg from last week but I know that’s a lie as the last day I weighed was a “heavy” day (if you know what I mean). Still, even tho I know it’s not accurate, it’s great for the morale.

And in other news, my favourite pair of Levis has developed a rip in it. They fit so well and, typically for me, Levis no longer makes that particular style. But digging in the back of the wardrobe this morning I discovered I was prescient enough to buy two pairs, so I have a spare! This is a good day!

My mind boggles at the possible implications of being able to buy booze and underwear, @funshipfreddie. Stay away from TikTok!

@Quebequoise: you had it perfectly. Old people’s home, retirement village or aged care facility (which appears to be the more modern political correct version). The same thing happened in Sydney with devastating effect.

As I’m really bad at logging in Sat/Sun, have a great weekend everyone. Hang on to that wagon and mojo!

Day 14 Ohio, US — FD
    Day 13 — NFD

The NFD yesterday was going well until in the evening something hit my immune system hard and prompted me to overeat. Then I slept 13 hours which is incredibly unusual for me. The FD has gone surprisingly well — it appears that I’m completely recovered from whatever hit my system. Strange —

Now off to an episode of Brokenwood.

Day 15 – Japan – WFD #39 … okay I counted

I sparked some interest with my mention of supplements. I’m actually not a fan of them and if it weren’t for the pandemic I wouldn’t be taking any. I started with just a multi-vitamin and my unhealing hip injury started healing. So I might have been short on something, maybe I should be more positive about them.

More doctors are recommending C, D & even Zinc, I’m taking those. Vitamin D is the one I’m likely be to be low on.

I have more hunger than in the past, but it is slowly reducing again. I’m already 1/2 through this water fast.

Day 15 – Ireland – CD

@michelinme i hope you are ok during this period of change.. sending you hugs 🤗

@at and @ihatelettuce I just caught the end of a program on the lakes last night .. Paul Rose was at the summit of Scafell Pike – it brought back great memories of a beautiful part of the world ♥️

@penz that’s a great result!!! A loss is a loss is a loss… so well done 👏

@dykask on the supplements, one of my consultants phoned me out of the blue during the week as lots of my tests are being pushed back because of Covid but I’m to come off vitamin D as it is not wise for me to take it because with my autoimmune yoke it can cause hypercalcemia and that could be the cause or contributing to the super achey joints… for most people particularly in Ireland in winter it’s a good thing to take as we miss out on a lot of sun…

@matpi well done to you too! I had a bad day recently where I just couldn’t stop thinking about wanting to eat.. I took a note of it in MFP as it was so strange as I was really committed to my FD that day and it was actually upsetting me… I wonder now is there a connection between my feeling achey and just shattered and that need to eat? Interesting!!

I’ve just weighed and after two not so good FDs (more CD) and two good FDs I was down 1 lb yesterday but back up that 1lb today… 🤷‍♀️ This is the problem with daily weighing but I do feel I’m on a downward track…
    Good luck to you all today! We are half way though our merry month of May which is all the merrier for being here and with a group of wonderful international
    people ♥️
    Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 15 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

I am down 1kg or 2.2lb after my B2B FD. I have completed another Leslie Sansone fat burning walk, and then went for a quick MOAM walk around the village with DH in tow. Having coffee then off to work and won’t eat until lunchtime.

However today’s lunch delivery is turkey salad baguette…bread! – but I look forward to it. It’s salad with some spare ribs (not much rib for me) for dinner tonight.

I am returning back to the zone, have managed a Dry till Fri at last (Yay!!). So will keep on keeping on with the help of you great guys.

Hope you will be ok @michelinme at this time of change. Take care of yourself.

I wonder how many of us might have had Covid but just weren’t diagnosed? I had the most god awful flu with terrible dry cough when I got home from Lanzarote mid Feb but as Covid was only just taking off in Italy only I didn’t ask to be tested. I did stay home from work and kept family away though.

Two weeks later then DH started with the terrible migraines that went on for 5 weeks, ended up one night in ER as he lost sight in one eye, but no sign of stroke and diagnosed with unexplained severe migraine…..and later we heard that some people he knows tested positive for Covid but symptoms only were migraine 😨

Did I bring it back from Lanzarote and give it to him?? Thank God we are both ok now but still not taking any chances.

With all of us on some kind of lockdown, wishing you all and your families and friends the best of health and happiness, and the only thing we lose is a bit of weight.

Have a good Friday all 🤗

I

Day 15 – Lake District UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Weigh in day, no loss this week, but changing shape, some of my old clothes are getting ridiculously large, not even fit for gardening!

After yesterdays frosty start the temperature went up very nicely, forecast is much warmer overnight …. so the planters were moved out of the greenhouse (which was crammed full) spent a happy couple of hours moving stuff out. That gave me chance to give the tomato plants, the peppers and Thai basil, more space in there, they will do much better with air circulating as well.

@jaifaim – Dawn rising in the Lakes, when the weather was clear and still we used to head up Helvellyn in mid-summer and sit up there watching the sunrise, spectacular doesn’t even get near!

@penz – Good for you on the PDFS, lucky digging out the Levis, I’m in for a big shop for new clothes when the shops reopen!

Friday, not Groundhog day, but ‘Inner Warthog’ day for me 😉 Big bowl of porridge with blueberries and rhubarb for breakfast, then BBQ afternoon, strong possibility of beer being involved! Us blokes have certain associations, BBQ and Beer is one! Mrs I-hate-lettuce may well have a glass of something white and sparkling, yes like many of you girls, likes a glass of chilled Prosecco while sat out in the warm sun 😉

Take care all

Day 15 – Switzerland – NFD

Good morning! After 2 successful FDs I had my weigh in today – but I actually don’t know if I can report a loss or not – as usual, when I decided to start 5:2 again I was not really weighing myself, because I felt I was heavier than I wanted to. That means I have no starting weight. What I do know is, that I am heavier today than after the first FD, which is not very motivating but doesn’t say anything about a weightloss this week. Very clever, Beck! We’ll see what next week’s weigh in reports…

Anyway, I rate this week as a full success, because I fasted twice. Writing here helps a lot, because it feels more “binding” (sorry, no native english speaker).

@ Ihatelettuce: I’m a girl (well, woman ;-)) and I like beer a lot. Expecially in summer. I also like a good red wine or every now and then a cool gin and tonic with a twig of rosemary in it… ahhhh… thinking about an Apero tonight (thats what we swiss call drinking – using french words always makes it sound more sophisticated 😉

Viewing 50 posts - 351 through 400 (of 695 total)

You must be logged in to reply.