May 2020 Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
May 2020 Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 690 replies, has 53 voices, and was last updated by  FlourBaby 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 695 total)

• Day 9 – Lake district UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Yesterdays NFD turned into a CFD ! Amazing for a Friday, but, the reason is busy day yesterday. My mate came round to do some outside electrical work, his family have all had C19, interesting talking to him about it … from a distance (but he had this weeks ago) Anyway it looks like BBQ tonight, so out for a decent walk very soon!

@daffodil2010 – I managed to slide off the plateau this week, luckily I was stuck on my lowest weight, but back to basics and 2 lb went, that’s now a total of -19 lb this year, keep working at it, it will move downwards again!

Take care all.

Day 9 Oxfordshire, UK – NFD
    @jaifaim + @matpi – the hip is slowly returning to normal. Walking feels fine but going upstairs is painful. I was out running and suddenly in a lot of pain. Fortunately I hadn’t gone far as I had to hobble back. DH & dog had gone on ahead and were planning on waiting for me by a small brook where the dog enjoys a little splash about. Couldn’t get phone signal till I was back near the main road so dog got his swim.
    I had warmed up as usual and was running a regular route, just my body telling me to stop I think.
    I managed to walk around the garden yesterday and clocked up 8000 steps across the day, about half of my usual count. TBH I was a bit concerned about going too far in case the pain returned.
    So I’m attending my zoom yoga this morning and will take it gently. I don’t expect to be running for at least a week if not more.
    Enjoy the day whatever it brings.

Day 9 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@springer – Wow?! 12 hour shifts?! That’s active enough, especially on just 800 cals per day! Be kind to yourself.

Have a good weekend all. 🌈 🌤

“Just remember: The people that say, ‘your dreams are impossible’ have already quit on theirs.” Grant Cardonedale

Day 9 UK NFD

Had a quick jump on the scales and seem to have lost 0.5 kg overnight! I’ve definitely upped the exercise this week and like you @flourbaby I’m loving my Leslie Sansone walks. So easy to roll back the rug and turn your room into a little gym! Yesterday I did the 5k followed by the 30 minute fast walk in the evening. I will definately hang onto my mojo this month @penz… that’s a pact! So little to lose now I’m just desperate to get to my target and then concentrate on staying there. A feat which has, all my life, defeated me.

Good luck to all fasters today and stay safe.

Day 9 Fleetwood NFD
    Feeling sorry for myself today after over indulgence of wine last night to celebrate VE day. Should know better! As usual undo any benefits from from my weight loss this week. Going to concentrate on staying within my calories over the weekend.
    @i hate lettuce Thanks for answering my question.
    Love the forums.

Day 9 UK, NFD

My FD On Thursday was a weird one. I had my meals planned then had what I’m calling a lockdown meltdown. I an apple at lunch and had tea planned. I came home, immediately felt really low and took myself to bed. 2 hours later and I’m having a slice of cheese on toast as I wasn’t hungry and couldn’t be bothered. So under 600 cals but not in the best way!

Yesterday we celebrated VE Day, I made some scones, we had them with clotted cream and fresh strawberries (I don’t like jam). We had a bbq accompanied by Pimms and lemonade – the perfect summer drink☀️

It looks like another lovely day so we’ll probably have another bbq.
    @suki2, hope the hip heals quickly.
    @i-hate-lettuce, congratulations on the weight loss.
    @shiny thing welcome back.

Keep safe and well everyone. For those celebrating, have a lovely Mother’s Day tomorrow.

Day 9, London, UK, NFD,

I’m just scraping in with a ‘Mornin’ All’, it might be afternoon by the time I post!!

Anyway, a quick one from me, yesterday went well although there was a face plant inducing glass of wine in the sun for VE day …………… or maybe just for me!!

Today will be mindful, but the bottle may get finished! It’s so hot, red wine doesn’t appeal, but no doubt, I will indulge!!

To all those thinking of following Leslie Sansone …………. I do a minimum of 2 30min walks per day, but yesterday morning I did a 45 min Start! 3mile walk which my watch & HRM tell me burnt 550cals!!! Since I couldn’t speak or move for 20mins after it, I believe it!!!!

Keep the faith people!!!

Day 9 USA (Illinois) NFD

Just checking in. Maintenance going fine. Costco this afternoon for a few items, then Chick Fil-A for drive thru supper. Nice drive with DH is always good.

Beautiful bouquet of flowers arrived yesterday for Mother’s Day. The 4 kids are far flung from here, but always great to hear anything from them. Especially now.

Onward and downward.

Day 9 UK West Yorkshire NFD, Hi all another fantastic day. A bit of gardening and reading is the order of the day. @funshipfreddie only an adopted Yorkshire man I was born in Ireland! Have a good one and stay safe and well 😃

Day 9, UK, NFD

Yesterday fast went well, I ended up a day just below 500cal, happy with that 😃
    Yesterday’s fast pocket list group was small but strong 💪
    Today however… urgh… I’m having a glass of prosecco. It has become a lockdown habit 😬 …. this lockdown needs to end!

@suki2 glad to hear your hip is getting better, what an experience. And you are right, we must listen to our bodies, we rarely do that.

@springer its ok not to post every day, this group is not about pressure and deadlines, but just for support in every way that suits everyone 🙂

@fasterlorna try not to beat yourself up, I know how you feel, I think we all know because we’ve all done it. But just remember, beating yourself up over a blip is not constructive. Better just start a new day where you left off 🙂

@saffy420 I think we are all having some sort of lockdown meltdowns, its not unexpected when we are living in such unnatural circumstances 😕 , people do things they wouldn’t usually do. We hope its all over soon 🙏

@aidan64 loving your positive attitude 😀

Happy Mother’s day to all mum’s tomorrow, you are all irreplaceable and something to be cherished 💐 ♥️

Hey, hope it isn’t too late to join! I’m in the uk and decided tonight, I’m going to do this tomorrow – the 500 cal fasting day. I used to do this a few years ago and found it worked. I need to lose just over a stone and hsve been trying for a month but it’s just not happening. Will do this stating tomorrow and report back.

HI, I’d like to join in too, been lurking for a while… I’m happy to stay off the spreadsheet and will probably only post infrequently, but really appreciate the sense of community and everyones advice. I’m 45, live in Melbourne, Australia and need to lose at least the extra 10-12 kg that appeared during lockdown.

Day 10 – Lake district UK – CFD

Good morning everyone

What a magnificent day yesterday was, nice long walk in the AM then the rest of the day in the garden, a bit of bimbling around with plants then lazy day!
    Most work was back and forward to the house was for BBQ food or more drinks,(keeps the steps up) had my 5:2 ‘Friday off’ on Saturday this week! Soaking up the sun, reading and an excellent BBQ, very relaxing day.

Looked at my 5:2 records and since christmas, every week, have either lost weight or remained the same as previous week, not put any on at all, great result! (advantage for me of keeping a record, boring for some maybe, but a couple of minutes a day keeps me motivated)
    So no more alcohol until next weekend and careful with the calories again as well as a couple or three FD’s.

Take care all.

Day 10- Netherlands 🇳🇱- MFD 800

Due to circumstances I had my first ( and probably only) OMAD. And guess what? I gained 100 gr. I know it’s not much but strange. Today i can have my regular two meals of 800 cal combined. So far I lost exactly what the book forecasts so I’m on track but gaining is never fun. Another eye opener happend yesterday. I was at a friends house and she offered me M&M’s because I usually love them. But now I didn’t care for them. I wanted savoury food no sweets??? And I was truly convinced that I am a chocoholic with a sweet tooth. Well three weeks of fasting cured that bad habit. Did anyone of you recognise this?
    @funshipfreddie I will, thanks for the gentle reminder. Btw love your quote. I really enjoy them
    @suki that sounds disturbing, thank god you had company on your walk. Listening to our own body is hard sometimes because we want so much. Hopefully the pain stays away. I have NA and CRPS2 so familiar with daily pain. It can really set you back
    @flourbaby who or what is Leslie Sansone? You seem to know a lot about it. Your comment made me curious
    @shinything thank you 😊. It is so nice to be part of this supportive community
    @ihatelettuce keeping a record helps me too. I can see the progress on paper if I still can’t see it on my body. I agree that it is worth while
    Have a great Sunday everyone and enjoy life not crappy food 😎

Day 10 Melb Aust NFD
    Day 9 TDEE
    Day 8 FD800

Doing well so far this month. After my FD800 Friday, and 2 other FDs during the week, I thought my weigh-in Saturday would be a good one – only 0.5 kg down from the previous Saturday, but weighed in this morning and was another kg down. Whew! Very happy with that – 1.5 kg down in 8 days. Fairly sure I won’t lose as much this week, but it puts me well on the way towards my May goal.

Good to see everyone working on their weight at this challenging time. @lin48 & @zzzzz45, great to have you join us. Welcome! A very international group here, but I’m also an Aussie.
    Usual entry starts with the day of the month, location and whether a person is fasting or whatever, then write underneath. The reason for putting location is because of the time zone changes – for instance, some folk are already into day 10 when others are still on day 9.

Onward and downwards everyone!

Day 10 second entry – probably TDEE, not NFD. Haven’t decided yet!

Day 10 Australia NFD

Lots of challenges today Mother’s day. Thinking of my mother who died a year ago.
    It’s been a quiet day. Walking Eating a beautiful lunch made by my family. I feel grateful and very fortunate. We are still in lock down here. I have a daughter who is
    visiting from New York and because of the current situation is unable to return and of course her work is unavailable at this time of great sadness in Manhattan with so much loss.
    I’ve tried to enjoy the food today without pigging out!!! I am pretty greedy when it comes to deserts. I am slowing down and consequently find myself enjoying the meal more, having said that I did get into the white chocolate during a movie last evening!
    After my 2 fast day I had lost half a kg. I wish it were more but am grateful that my weight is not increasing.
    My mantra this weak will be Michael Mosleys’ Have treats as treats!

Day 10 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

It’s a glorious, cloudless day in Kwazulu-Natal. 26º C , not bad for late autumn.

@aidan64 – ah, so you’re probably more into hash browns & black pudding? But you don’t like tea?!! That’s probably why you had to leave Ireland 😉 I was born in Stafford, but grew up in Manchester & Saddleworth.

@lin48, @zzzzz45 – wecome to the May Challenge!

Happy Mother’s Day! – to all the Mums (except UK & Ireland, I think?) 💐

It looks like most people are faring better so far this month than last, as far as sticking to our FDs goes. I suppose we’re coming to terms with our new, hopefully temporary, reality. I hope Boris has some good news for the Brits this evening 🤞

Have a good S🌞nday everyone

Day 10, London, UK, FD

I need a proper FD after the Bank Holiday and yesterday’s shenanigans!!! I actually don’t think I like wine that much anymore!!!! I know, I know, it’s only ‘cause I’m out of practice ……………………….. a few bottles down the line and I’ll be questioning why I ever considered going dry, even for a monthly challenge, was EVER a good idea!!! Anyway it’s still Dry ‘til Fri or perhaps just Dry ‘til I’m desperate. The increased exercise is giving me such a sense of wellbeing that the siren call of the vino isn’t as loud as it used to be…………………………. You can’t exercise (effectively) when you’re three sheets to the wind!!!

@springer well done on taming the sugar dragon, just be careful not to test the limits ……………………… it’s a slippery slope. I found the same thing happened to my taste buds, then thought I would try a winegum or two ………………………….. I eventually emerged from my carb coma a few hours later surrounded by empty sweet packets, Doh!!! Leslie Sansone has numerous walking videos up on Youtube which have helped me whittle my waist and thighs by 5 inches since April 5th and is single-handedly getting me through lockdown!!!!

@betsylee congratulations, I’m pulling in similar numbers …………………………….. but I’m scared to even whisper it, you know the fat fairy is ALWAYS listening & she hates our downward progress!!!!

My condolences @aussiejill a year is no time at all, but I hope Mother’s Day has been a day of reminiscing & celebrating. Lastly ………………. step away from the white chocolates, those things are the cooking sherry of the chocolate world!!!

I tried my ‘dress’ on this morning ……………………………………………………… I think I’ll need a smaller goal outfit soon!!

“To accomplish great things, we must not only act, but also dream, not only plan, but also believe.” – Anatole France

Day 10 – second post

@betsylee – nice movement on the scales!
    @flourbaby – I’ve changed my wine habit to much lower consumption, just one or two evenings a week, but …. buying even better quality so it’s more of a treat!

Can’t have @flourbaby have a lonely FD it’s nearly lunchtime and not eaten yet, so

Pocket list day 10
    @flourbaby
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day 10 UK NFD

Hands up I’ve overindulged – going to aim for a steady day today Fasting tomorrow and getting back on track

Day 10 -Ireland – NFD
    Happy Mother’s Day to the mums here… it’s not actually Mothers day in Ireland today but it is in many other countries…
    Just in from a nice, albeit very cold and windy, spin after incredible heat yesterday… 60km and lots of climbing (600m) so hopefully that has worked off some of the scones I ate yesterday… definitely the problem with home baking!!
    Welcome to the May Challenge @lin48 and @zzzzz45
    You may find it useful to read the first post in this thread which will help with any queries you may have and provides a little advice on how to lay out your posts…👍 post as often or as seldom as you like… no pressure here.
    Well done on the general downward progress @betsylee, @aussiejill, @flourbaby, @springer 👏👏👏
    For everyone else it’s just a matter of time… we’ll get there 💪 and sometimes there will be little increases along the way…c’est la vie 👍

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 10 UK NFD

Yesterday we went for a nice long walk followed by sitting in the garden with a book. A nice relaxing day. Then last night a couple of friends got into a massive online argument and all I can say is thank god we’re not going to Belgium next week – not sure we’d all come home alive. I’d had a couple of glasses of wine so I was very much the spectator.

After last weeks couple of FDs the scales were kind this morning and showed a 2lb loss this week. I’m clawing back to get to where I was before this started. @flourbaby, congratulations on getting into your dress, always a great motivator and guaranteed to bring a smile to your face.
    @springer – it’s great when the sugar cravings disappear, you’re doing so well.

Congratulations to everyone for sticking with it for another week, 10 days into May already – the time is going in a flash.

Happy Sunday.

Day 10 Oxfordshire, UK – CD
    Enjoyed a windy dog walk this morning. Overdid things yesterday, so aiming for a CD today and FD tomorrow.
    @saffy420 – thanks. A lovely bruise is developing though. Sounds like a lovely celebration for VE day.
    @shinything – I think I’ve got better at listening to my body as I’ve got older. So hopefully will be back to normal soon. Keeping moving in the meantime.
    @springer – that type of pain sounds awful. Thankfully mine should heal and go away. My mum suffers with arthritis and has low levels of pain most of the time. It’s very wearing for her too.
    @ihatelettuce – I keep records but my downward trend isn’t as good as yours.
    @flourbaby – congrats on getting into the dress.
    Enjoy Mother’s Day wherever you are in the world. When we’re in France I always enjoy it a second time.

2nd post,

Thank goodness I’m in great fasting company!!! Thanks @i-hate-lettuce!!

The cheese is making a right racket in the fridge!!! The lack of vino in the house makes resistance relatively easy & I DID say it was a FD!!!

Pocket list day 10
    @flourbaby
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day 10, UK, NFD

I’m having a reasonable day food wise even though its a NFD. I hope to stay that way till the end of the day, and than an FD tomorrow 🤞

@lin48 and @zzzzz45 welcome, its never too late to join 🙂

@betsylee well done on the loss, keep going 💪

@flourbaby – congrats on getting into the dress, I hope I get to see that happening to me one day, hopefully soon 🤩

I hope all who have not been here for a while are doing ok, if you are lurking maybe come say hi? 🙂

Have a great day everyone 🌞

Day 10, UK West Yorkshire – NFD lazy old day today, not helped cos it looks like October outside. Lamb dinner later followed by a walk with Mrs C

Day 10 USA (Illinois) NFD

Cold and rainy, lazy day to “celebrate” Mother’s Day. May all the mothers in our little band have a terrific day.

Onward and downward.

Day 1 ( new joiner) Miserable weather in Hampshire UK. Stuck to 500 calories and 10 mins of hiit and 10 mins of abs. Looking forward to my 1600 cals tomorrow as I’m starving but I’ve made it.

Day 10- Atlanta, GA- USA- FD

Hello all! Fell off last month, but I’m back for May. Hope everyone is well out there. Happy Mother’s Day to all the moms!!

Day 11, FD, Aus

Hello all. My OH was in a cocktail making mood this weekend and did I say no?? Of course not!

I need this FD.

Day 11 – Japan – WFD (#39 I think)

My last water fast was a bit short at about 34 hours. Normally I go over 36 hours. Otherwise it was okay.

@suki2 I hurt my left side hip last fall and I’m just now to the point where it doesn’t hurt. A few months ago I realized I was able to run even though I could feel it and it felt better after running. So many possible injuries so yours might be completely different. However it never seemed to heal. As the pandemic was getting bad I started taking a multivitamin and my hip started getting better. I can’t be sure if it was something I was short on or maybe just enough time. It really hindered me for a few months. I hope you are better soon.

Day 10 Ohio, US — FD
    Day 9 — NFD

The best of the day to all mothers in the group!

I decided to fast today, since I have a medical appointment tomorrow and am not sure how fasting would interact with that. I took it easy today with the walking, since it’s been in the low 40 degree F (about 4 C) range and rainy. We’ve had unseasonable cold and wet weather recently and it’s really taken a toll on how much I feel like exercising.

@funshipfreddie 26C sounds divine!

D11 Australia FD
    Started FD well today following foodie Mother’s Day.

Our state government has just announced that in 48hrs we can start to have 5 visitors at home at a time! That’s pretty exciting but it does mean making sense of the home environment. Well not too much….this time has reinforced what is and isn’t so important. I can’t wait to have our daughters over together and just relaxing.
    All we need is a sunny day some warm clothes and to wheel out the barbecue.

I am slowly getting the hang of this blog. I am finding it encouraging.
    We are trying a ‘Vegie Dinner Monday’ today….a good initiative for a fast day.
    I started the day with a lovely gf slice of toast, smoked salmon, poached egg I threw some spinach leaves to wilt at the end of cooking the egg….All Good!!!
    All the best for today everyone.

D11 Australia FD1
    @Flour Baby thank you for your kind words and yes I will treat white chocolate as a more serious ‘threat’ to my goals!

@suki2 I too have had the dodgy hip. I think movement can really help…and yes running. I never thought at 64 I’d be running across the local oval, but I am at least twice a week. My podiatrist suggest I run ‘lightly’ on the front of my feet, and surprisingly it works well, certainly on grass.

Day 11-Netherlands 🇳🇱- MFD
    Wtf? Yesterday I had my first work out in month (enjoyed the sweat), a late 165 cal lunch. All afternoon (3 hours) cycling. Runner beans and Shi-take for dinner………getting on the scale and gained 0,7 kg. Over night. How is this possible? I measured myself as an extra check. Bigger around the tummy, lost on the hips and neck….. I don’t get it. I know there are ups and downs but I’m not at the end, skinny and failing the last two pounds. I’m big and only three weeks in……well the good thing is that my motivation is higher than it ever was 🥊
    @betsylee girl you’re going strong 💪🏼
    @aussiejill those special days make us realise how weird the circumstances are. My daughter lives abroad and the borders are closed, no flights. She is sick in hospital and all she wants is to come home to her mother. Skype is al we have. At least she is safe. New York had a lot of c19 victims. Keep your daughter close and save in your arms 💕
    @flourbaby I could kiss you 😘. Thank you so much for “ introducing” me to Leslie Sansone. I love it. What a fun way to exercise and I can do it
    @lin48 you go girl 🤺

Day 11 – Ireland – FD
    Hi all! Gloomy day here today although due to get brighter later. I need a good fast day today after a lot of carby food this weekend.. Two early morning starts 🌅 meant I was hungry for the rest of the day… so with others @penz, @, @shinything hoping for a good FD today.

I hope you all had a great weekend – it was a celebratory one for a lot of you with VE Day and Mother’s Day so I hope you had fun.

A lot of countries opening up a little .. lots of my family and friends in France are looking forward to a new normal from today and @aussiejill I’m glad you can see some more family soon… those of you in the UK can get out a little more often now which is great… here it’s still quite restrictive but people are definitely beginning to push the boundaries… our next phase is May 18th so we’ll see what changes that brings…

Hi @therealwil78, you popped into my mind yesterday as was thinking back to those we haven’t seen in a while… I hope you are well! Great to have you back 👏
    Well done @saffy420 on your 2lb loss… that’s a great result! 👏
    @lin48 well done on your FD! A Sunday fast day is always impressive so well done @flourbaby, @matpi and @ihatelettuce too 💪
    @lin48 if you start your daily post with the day of the month, where you are and if you’re on a fast day (FD); a non-fast day (NFD) or a controlled day (CD) – (e.g. for me today 11 of May it is “Day 11 – Ireland – FD”) it’s easy then for everyone to keep track 👍
    @springer I’m sorry to hear your daughter is ill and stuck in the US… thank god for video calls but I can imagine how you must miss her 🤗

Popping you all in my pocket 😄 and I imagine there will be many more joining us today 👍

Pocket list day 11
    @jaifaim
    @penz
    @dykask
    @aussiejill
    @springer

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 11 – Lake district UK – FD

Good morning everyone

Quick call in this morning, early walk planned then gardening afternoon, getting ready to start emptying the greenhouse, night-time temperatures start increasing this week, planters can go out.

Take care all

Pocket list day 11
    @jaifaim
    @penz
    @dykask
    @aussiejill
    @springer
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day11 Australia FD
    The day is nearly over I can’t wait to eat. Zucchini slice and lots of fresh salad.
    My body takes a long time to let go of weight so I won’t look at the scales until Friday the day after my 2nd FD.
    @springer My heart goes out to you. Thinking of you and your daughter through this very challenging time.

Day 11 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

@therealwil78 – welcome back!

@matpi – crazy weather you’re having on the east coast?! I was just reading about the snow in New York over the weekend?!

The world is slowly but surely getting back to, well, ‘work’ anyway, if not back to normal yet. I just had a message from an ecstatic friend in New Zealand, telling me they’ll be going to Level 2 in three days, opening restaurants, cafes, gyms & movie theatres! Here in South Africa we still can’t even buy wine 😕

Have a good one, Monday fasters! 🏋

Pocket List – Day 11 🍋
    @jaifaim
    @penz
    @dykask
    @aussiejill
    @springer
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @funshipfreddie

Day 11 – UK – FD
    Day 8-10 – NFD

Didn’t realise I hadn’t posted since Day 7 – all good – hand healing nicely but some comfort eating and an increase in🍷🥂over the long BH weekend……so pressing my RESET button today with a good FD hopefully. Maintenance is what it’s all about for me and that means staying with this WOL!

Busy weekend – VE celebrations and Mother’s Day for those outside of the UK – we celebrated ours in back in March. Spoke to my sister who lives in Melbourne Australia – she and all the family are safe and staying healthy

Brilliant weather on Saturday ☀️😎 and made the most of it with a 8+ miles hike – really stretched my legs and then on Sunday the temperature dropped by at least 8 degrees……

Just finished my 7am Broga class with OH joining in, so that woke me up nicely – having a cool down whilst I log on here then heading for a shower.

@shinything – lovely to see you back with us – as you know TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER – we have got you 🤗
    @mia139 – looks like you have found your mojo with this WOL and are going strong
    @cateaus – I never said it wasn’t a challenge……I too struggle but know it’s the right thing to do…..sigh!!
    @penz – I think I was bored a lot over the weekend as more and more food and wine seems to have found it’s way into me………no cocktails here though I love a good mojito or amaretto sour………🙄
    @jaifaim – I too think of some our “old” friends and wonder how they are doing???
    @i-hate-lettuce – well done for sliding off that plateau
    @betsylee – well done on that 1.5 kg down in 8 days
    @suki2 – good to hear that the hip pain is resolving……..keep moving
    @basyjames – belated 🤗 for your Day 8 but it sounds like you listened to your body and took care of it
    @springer – no need to apologise – every one contributes in their own way – just enjoy being part of the forum and write a post when you can – working 12hr shifts is no easy task 🤗
    @lin48 and @zzzzz45 – welcome to you both – hope the forum can offer you some support – log in for a chat when you can – you will find it motivating!
    @flourbaby – great job onsetting into the 👗such a good feeling!
    @brightonbelle – me too with the overindulgence so let’s have a good FD today!
    @therealwil78 – I thought we had lost you – welcome back!
    @springer – hope nothing too serious with your daughter – totally understand that all she wants is to come home to her mother and you just want to have her home too 🤗

Joining the pocket list for today!
    Pocket list day 11
    @jaifaim
    @penz
    @dykask
    @aussiejill
    @springer
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @funshipfreddie
    @at

Lou Holtz
    “Ability is what you’re capable of doing. Motivation determines what you do. Attitude determines how well you do it.”

NFD IRE
    Hello all,
    Trying to stay motivated and stop playing the “should” game in my head you know the one, no matter what you do you “should” be doing something else. Got advice to change it to “COULD” , COULD DO is a lot kinder on yourself I think.
    I could fast tomorrow it’s working so far. I’m down 7pounds in 2 weeks, 4 FD so I’m happy with that. I could catapult myself off the chair for a walk too in a while , it really does make you feel better.
    Thanks for the support it’s great to have . These are challenging times.
    Dee

Day 11UK FD

Beginning of the week means back to at least 3 FD in a row. I find that if the food dragon is allowed to roam all is lost! So it’s simpler just to keep it well under lock and key! I agree with those who have discovered Leslie Sansone… a good but not too killing workout! I sometimes do back to back walks just to increase the distance and calories used.

I fully sympathise with @springer and all those separated from family and friends. I hope you get to see your daughter soon. I’m supposed to be in Australia this month with my daughter and son in law celebrating my grandson’s 2nd birthday which is tomorrow. We chat on Face time etc but it’s a poor replacement for cuddles and kisses! All this too will pass and hopefully not too long before we can travel again.

Good luck to all fasters today.

Day 11 UK West Yorkshire – NFD woke up feeling a bit bah! Forced myself to get the bike out…oh how I protested in my head. Once on the canal seeing the swans with their cygnets and families of ducks. The protesting in my head stopped. Have a great day one and all 😃

Day 11 Oxfordshire, UK – NFD
    New week, new me and new intentions.
    Successful CD yesterday, came in at 1100 cals. Today I’m aiming for FD 500 – 600 cals. I’m going to revisit the Fast 800 book and see whether that would suit me for a couple of weeks. I noticed yesterday that before I added the chocolates I indulged in for the evening I was around the 800 cal mark.
    @dykask – thanks for your good wishes. I have started to take a turmeric supplement, apparently good for inflammation and arthritis. When I add this to my chronometer app it tells me most of my vitamins and minerals intake are at capacity. So hopefully it will do me good. I’m hoping it will ease any swelling associated with the injury.
    Interestingly, for me anyway, I had been suffering for a few months with plantar fasciitis in my left foot. Since injuring my right hip the PF seems to have cured almost overnight. (not that I would recommend such an injury)
    @aussiejill – once I’m confident about running again I’ll certainly try using the front of my foot more; I guess it lessens the impact on the hips. I’ve never been a runner, I never felt I was built for it, but since losing most of my weight I have more energy and actually exercising more.
    @springer – your results sounds so frustrating. I wonder if you are drinking enough water. Glad you’ve got strong motivation. Hope your daughter improves quickly
    @dee22 – we do have to play mind games to succeed I find.
    @aidan64 – thank goodness for exercise, I cant imagine how those people in Spain coped for all those weeks not being allowed out for exercise.
    Joining the pocket list.
    Pocket list day 11
    @jaifaim
    @penz
    @dykask
    @aussiejill
    @springer
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @funshipfreddie
    @at
    @suki2

Day 11 UK FD
    Monday reset in place , well done @flourbaby on the dress at the beginning of the month I set some very similar goals , I still have 3 weeks left so I will try and emulate your success – I’m with you @at !

Pocket list day 11
    @jaifaim
    @penz
    @dykask
    @aussiejill
    @springer
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @funshipfreddie
    @at
    @suki2
    @brightonbelle

Day 11 UK NFD

AWOL since around Day 5…

Been feeling ill & exhausted for a few weeks, not rested despite lots of sleep, struggling to think, using wrong words, really muddled head.

Eventually had useful tel/video appt with GP on Thursday. He reckons the virus I picked up in Paris early March was prob coronavirus and current symptoms combination of long-lasting CV, a staph infection that’s got into my bloodstream and allergies/asthma flare. Prescribed antibiotics, antihistamines & different inhalers, which I manaaged to get filled on Saturday. I’m jiust beginning to feel more like a human being.

@betsylee I think you’ll be overtaking me this month! I weighed in today at 158lb again and won’t be fasting until at least Thursday. I’l start to eat more mindfully from now – and thanks for giving me motivation to jump back on the waggon to chase you 🙂

Hope you are all having a good month. I don’t have the head to catch up with posts, but I’ll read & post daily from here on in – motivation for jumping on the 5:2 waggon later this week.

Whatever the day brings, go gently x

Day 11 – USA – FD!

After Mother’s Day treats, I’m excited for FD. I enjoyed Indian take-out – tikka masala and Naan bread. Enjoyed a walk with the family, albeit cool temperatures here in New England.

Joining this group of fasters: good luck!
    @jaifaim
    @penz
    @dykask
    @aussiejill
    @springer
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @funshipfreddie
    @at
    @suki2
    @brightonbelle
    @erikaa67

Day 11 USA (Illinois) FD

Nice Mother’s Day food yesterday, so fasting today-

Pocket list:

@jaifaim
    @penz
    @dykask
    @aussiejill
    @springer
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @funshipfreddie
    @at
    @suki2
    @brightonbelle
    @erikaa67
    @songbirdme

Onward and downward.

Day 11. FD London UK

Joining today’s pocket list. Decided it might help with my mojo if I go back to the 5:2 book for a bit of brainwashing on fast days. Don’t want them to feel like a chore – it’s much more fun if it feels like a way of healing your mind and body. Happy Monday all

Pocket list:

@jaifaim
    @penz
    @dykask
    @aussiejill
    @springer
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @funshipfreddie
    @at
    @suki2
    @brightonbelle
    @erikaa67
    @songbirdme
    @emma-taylor.

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 695 total)

You must be logged in to reply.