May 2020 Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
May 2020 Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 690 replies, has 53 voices, and was last updated by  FlourBaby 3 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 695 total)

• Day 7 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Had a busy day in work yesterday (has anybody else noticed that work, for those who still have it, has got busier since the new ways of working worldwide?)…..but came home to a lovely Mexican chicken dinner and glorious sunshine on the patio.

DH did the big grocery shop in Lidl yesterday – I have not done a big shop since the lockdown – and as well as lots of fruit, veg, good food….there was crack cocaine in the form of a Brennan’s white Batch Loaf 😱 @jaifaim and our other Irish posters will know what I mean!!!!!!

So nothing for it but to toast the heel, lavishly buttered, cup of tea with it, bedtime snack. Delicious but sooooooo bad. The bread is calling me right now so thank goodness I go to work soon and it’s an FD so nothing until my tuna wrap at 2pm!

@lilymartin I make kefir every week since I got recommendations of a lovely Bulgarian kefir starter from @shinything (hope you are ok @shinything) and it’s delicious. I like a glass when I get home from work on an NFD with a square of 80% dark choc.

@cateaus I am with you on the wine drinking too, can’t seem to stick to Dry till Fri, I have less non-alcohol days now per week than I used to…it’s flipped from 5:2 to 3:4….but managing to not go bonkers so on a relatively even keel.

Have a great Thursday everyone, let’s have a good FD…(despite me having the siren of that batch loaf in my kitchen 😨)…..

Day 7 – Lake district UK – FD

Good morning everyone

After 2 days (ish) of egg fast, giving it a miss! Day 1 was OK, but at the end of the day felt a bit ropey? I stuck to the guidelines, but was concerned about the fat content and calories at the end of day one. On MFP APP the levels were through the roof, particularly the cholesterol. I have in the past suffered from high cholesterol, but it’s been nice and low for a while, especially the last annual check when on 5:2 it was very low!
    Yesterday, day 2, I had breakfast, but with less butter and cheese than the plan stated, by lunchtime I was still feeling full and not particularly brilliant, drinking loads of water both days, so not dehydrated. Had a discussion with my OH and decided this might not be a good idea for me.
    So basically day 1 was a high calorie ‘egg fast day’ and yesterday a low calorie egg fast day.

This morning feel fine, going to have my usual style FD and weigh in tomorrow and will remain on the 5:2 diet I know works!

In fact, back to basics…… again !

So far each time I’ve deviated from the 5:2 WOL, trying too hard or kickstart myself into losing a bit more etc it’s not worked. One of these days I’ll kick myself up the backside and just stick to what I know works, maybe slowly at times and the odd plateau, but it works! After all, I started in July last year and on my last weigh in day Friday gone I’d lost 32 lbs ….despite holidays, christmas and Friday nights letting ‘the inner warthog’ come out to play!

Take care all

Pocket List Day 7
    @jaifaim
    @quebecoise
    @matpi
    @aussiejill
    @penz
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day 7 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

Two FDs done & dusted this week. I’m giving myself a pat on the back! Going for ‘dry til Sat’, & logging every morsel on MFP. That really works for me, especially on NFDs.

@judyjudes, @aussiejill – yes, 800 cals, for guys & girls, is an MFD, ie ‘modified fast day’. Counts as a FD.

Good luck Thursday fasters! Just popping @daffodil2010 on the list….

Pocket List – Day 7 🍇
    @jaifaim
    @quebecoise
    @matpi
    @aussiejill
    @penz
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010

Day 7, London, UK,FD

I was MIA for hump day!! Even now I can’t remember what I did yesterday!! Is this a symptom of cabin fever?? Or perhaps it’s just old age!!!! Actually I think my work schedule has something to do with it, I’m finding it easier to work in the evenings (it keeps me out of the kitchen!) whilst using my daytime hours to cook, clean & exercise – yesterday was walking with Leslie twice, 1 yoga class and 1 Pilates class ………………………………… see, I do remember!! This routine means only 6hrs sleep, and you know I love my sleep, so I’ll test this out and decide whether it suits me, it definitely suits a fasting life since I can potter & exercise all day, have OMAD dinner, then start work fuelled by water and pepsi max then go to bed!! Inactivity in the evenings has been my downfall in the past …………………………. Mindlessly munching on cashews & cheese!!

@at, sorry to hear about the hand. I swear by Aloe Vera for burns, I hope your salve did as good a job.

@aidan64, well, your little secret is out!!! Tell us more!! I don’t eat eggs either (except chocolate variety!!), but that’s something that developed in adulthood, as a child, eggs were a staple breakfast for us, of course now, I don’t even have breakfast!! 😄

@springer, yes you did mention weight loss after cake …………………………….. but not enough, I think you should get a T-shirt, hat & jacket with that printed in BIG red letters!!!!! 😄

@judyjudes, I can’t speak for @songbirdme, but satiating food for <500 cals for me ALWAYS includes either an enormous salad or soup, soup soup!!

@quebecoise, in these hard trying times, it’s no wonder lots of us want the comfort of ………………………. well, comfort food!! Inevitably that means CARBS!!! You know there is always someone here ready to respond, I often come here just to empty my brain onto the page!! Go gently, you’re worth it!!

@daffodil2010, I don’t know that bread, but I was salivating all the same, after-all it’s made of flour isn’t it!!!! Your only remedy is to slice it and freeze it, at least you’ll have made it a resistant carb!! My best friend in Kildare had the audacity to describe in minute detail how she had enjoyed her Sunday dinner, particularly the lovely hot new potatoes which she enjoyed with ‘slices’ of ice cold Kerrygold butter ………………………… best friend my a*se!!!!

Pocket List – Day 7 🍇
    @jaifaim
    @quebecoise
    @matpi
    @aussiejill
    @penz
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010
    @flourbaby

To those struggling with this unprecedented situation, feeling low about not being 100% in control, have no fear …………………………….. ‘This too shall pass’

So go gently and remember ……………………………….

“If you wouldn’t say it to a friend, don’t say it to yourself.” – Jane Travis

Day 7, UK, West Yorkshire FD

People have asked why no eggs! Apparently even as a baby my mum says she tried everything and anything to get me to eat eggs. And she says I just turned my nose up. So the long and short is I’ve never tried one. Same goes for baked beans and tea, some say fussy I just say discerning 😂. Been out on my bike this morning, 23 miles so feeling good. Loving this forum

2nd post,

Good grief, I’m going to guess you’ve also never had a ‘Full English’ @aidan64 ………………… considering you’ve never had 3 of the staple ingredients!!! I agree with you, you have a sophisticated & discerning palate, I would like to say the same of myself …………………….. but I eat anything & everything, except eggs!!!

Day 7, Bavaria (Germany), FD

Good morning! First week went pretty well. Today wasn’t supposed to be a FD but I’ve been feeling sick all morning and trying to eat a little has only made it worse. Maybe it’s because of the super boring economics lectures I had to hear all morning! 😀
    The last few days I’ve been in the garden pretty much the whole time, repotting herbs and planting trees. I really love gardening, it feels so rewarding.

Pocket List – Day 7 🍇
    @jaifaim
    @quebecoise
    @matpi
    @aussiejill
    @penz
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010
    @flourbaby
    @therese19

Day 7 UK NFD

Weighed in at 64.5kg this morning. On track for the remaining 1.5kg to hit target at the end of the month.
    Happy with my progress – feeling stronger and leaner by the day. Plus I’ve been feeling calm around food lately too.

Day 7 Oxfordshire, UK – FD
    Yesterday was a wash out. Let the stress get to me and ate chocolate biscuits.:-(
    Today is another day. So aiming for FD.
    @quebecoise – sending you virtual hugs. I feel I’m in the same boat, been hanging in there by the skin of my teeth. Missing family is one of the worst aspects of this lockdown.
    @therese19 – glad to see you’re still there. Gardening is very therapeutic. I prefer sitting & listening to the birds rather than doing though.
    @aidan64 – I haven’t cycled since last Autumn, (bike is in France, I’m in UK) but never managed that far. Is cycling your go to exercise?
    Grabbing the pocket list today, have book club quiz via zoom tonight so will not take wine and snacks with me. I will succeed today.
    Pocket List – Day 7 🍇
    @jaifaim
    @quebecoise
    @matpi
    @aussiejill
    @penz
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010
    @flourbaby
    @therese19
    @suki2

Day7 UK FD

Yesterday was a good day food wise, kept to around 1300 calories which included a small slice of bakewell tart. Today I’m on another training course which starts at 1.30, so I’m using the opportunity of being outside the house for another FD. Tea will be chicken fajitas, limiting myself to one small tortilla. Should end the day around 600 cals.

Went for a long walk yesterday, I made the mistake of wearing sandals from last year. About half way around I remembered why they were at the back of the wardrobe, yes two lovely blisters on the sole of each foot.

Tomorrow is VE Day and I’ll be baking scones. After my banana bread mistake last month I’m halving the quantities, these grams are tricky things- I’m an imperial measures girl😃. A couple of the neighbours have asked if we’re sitting in the front garden to celebrate, I’m not sure if we’ll do that but we’ll certainly raise a glass (or two) .

I’ve always found it easier to fast when I’m in work- so next week once I start 3 days a week I should be able to properly commit again.

Keep well and safe everyone.

Day 7, USA, FD!

It’s Thursday, already?! Joining fasters today. Feel in control lately. Except last night I slipped ice cream in my mouth standing up while scooping some out for my DS. That’s my downfall – the picking. So I’m aware of it and will do better next time- even a scoop in a bowl occasionally and enjoy it sitting down , but it’s the mindless eating I have to curb. On FD, I do best with my coffee (and splash of cream), lots of water and eggs and toast for dinner. So strange, when I added the carb with the eggs, I started sleeping better!! So carbs aren’t always evil.😉we’ve got this!

Pocket List Day 7
    @jaifaim
    @quebecoise
    @matpi
    @aussiejill
    @penz
    @erikaa67

Day 7 UK FD

Hi Everyone

@flourbaby I agree about soups and salads and these feature a lot in my day to day eating. Today I’ve had a small bowl of soup for lunch. Omelette and salad later. Should come in under 700 cals. Trying to glug the water but some days it just doesn’t want to go in.

Take care and stay safe x

Day 7 USA (Illinois) NFD

Pretty good day yesterday. I’m still getting used to my FitBit telling me to take steps/move more during the day than I often do. Yeah for me for not sitting so much! It’s hard to read and walk though…and I like to read.

Onward and downward.

Second post – FD

@daffodil2010 – absolutely I am finding work so much busier these days.. and yes.. the old Brennans’ Batch and Turnover are my downfall at the moment.. What I do now is open the bread and freeze most of it in two slice packs… to try stop me from devouring it in one day.. believe me it’s possible 😳
    I’ve just received my online delivery.. guess what.. no bread in it.. they didn’t have the one I wanted in stock.. so that’s probably a good thing and means I’ll have to dip into the freezer stock which is not quite as inviting as a fresh loaf (Thank god it didn’t arrive actually on a FD! – what was I thinking?) I’m starving now so know exactly just what I would have done 😂😂

Of course @flourbaby when I do eat my turnover it will be with LOTS of Kerrygold! 🤪

@ihatelettuce – good on you for trying to kickstart the jump off the plateau but it sounds like you’ve been doing the right thing since you started this WOL and it’s only a matter of time before you experience a whoosh (I still don’t think I’ve ever experienced a real whoosh so still hoping one day I’ll wake up and be utterly amazed with a drop!!!).

@therese19 I hope that you feel better soon! Of course.. the only upside is that it is easier to fast.. do mind yourself though..

@aidan64 – my dad is like you…. Never ever ate an egg.. just does not like them but can’t remember ever having one… I was due to go out for a spin this morning but I woke to wet roads so decided to walk instead.. with this great weather I’m becoming very selective when it comes to heading out on the bike.. I can now cycle in a 5km radius and build it up to a decent spin (some of my club mates have managed 100km+) but have a nice selection of hill and flat with not too many traffic lights in my 5km zone so it’s all good ✅

Day 7 FD London UK

Joining the pocket list for today
    @emma-taylor.
    Obviously my names in the wrong place…. IT problem…

Actually the pocket list looks a bit messed up. Whoops.

Just saying hello to @Aiden24 – I’m from West Yorkshire – from Huddersfield, although I haven’t lived there for a long time. In lockdown we have resurrected a Yorkshire dish – hot pork pies with mushy peas. Probably not everybody’s cup of tea, but very comforting. A bonfire night staple when I was little. Anyway. Hi from a fellow tyke.

Pocket List Day 7
    @jaifaim
    @quebecoise
    @matpi
    @aussiejill
    @penz
    @erikaa67

I’m on @emma-taylor so fixed that and added some more ✅😃

Pocket List Day 7
    @jaifaim
    @quebecoise
    @matpi
    @aussiejill
    @penz
    @erikaa67
    @judyjudes
    @emma-taylor
    @saffy420
    @suki2
    @therese19
    @aidan64
    @flourbaby
    @ihatelettuce
    @daffodil2010

Think that’s everyone?

2nd post
    @suki2 yes cycling is my go to exercise, since the arrival of my 2 DSs (now 16 + 14) it’s the only thing I do, besides walking. It’s a mountain bike so the vast majority this morning was off road
    @flourbaby no full English, just bacon and fried bread 😂
    @emma Taylor Pork Pie now you are talking, although I’ve got to have mine with mint sauce. It’s my sauce of choice even on fish 😳

Day 7 Canton OH NFD

@i hate lettuce, great synopsis on sticking with what you know works for you.
    @therese19 glad to see that you are still with us
    @erikaa67 mindless eating will pack on those pounds every time. Avoiding it is half the battle
    Glad to see everyone on here, looking and sounding so chipper!
    Keep on keeping on ladies and lads. Slowly the muddy pool becomes a river 🙂

Day 7 UK NFD

All going well 🤞
    I too picked up the water kefir habit when I first joined , results have always bit a bit hit and miss – until lockdown ! I can now give it the attention it deserves and we are enjoying g a lovely glass everyday Good to hear from you again @shinything

Small world @emma-taylor I’m originally from Leeds Very partial to a pork pie

Day 7 – UK – FD800
    Day 6 – NFD

Thanks to my miracle cream my burnt hand escaped with only a major blister at the base of my middle finger and a couple of smaller areas elsewhere – it’s only the middle finger that is a problem – trying to protect the blister so it does not pop and therefore will act as a sterile dressing for as long as possible…….thank you for your good wishes one and all xx

Felt a bit sorry for myself yesterday had a couple glasses of wine and ended up overindulging hence the decision to press the brakes with a FD800 today – around 680cals so far today!

Had to miss out on my HIP class on Tuesday evening and my Broga class this morning but did a Happy Hour aerobic class instead – that happy hour name is my teacher’s sense of humour!!!! I did get out for a lovely walk yesterday 6km and around 400m of height gained – did get rather hot on the climb 🥵

@i-hate-lettuce – thank you for sharing your walk with us – great description btw
    @springer – sounds like you had a fab birthday with the added bonus of a weight loss too
    @saffy420 – I did my weekly shop today and same spend for two of us!!! We are lucky in our village, no shortage of any hand gel, loo paper and flour – we are lucky that our local independent shops and the small SPAR and Tesco’s have been very good to us!
    @aussiejill – our restrictions in the UK is the same except we are allowed to go out for exercise too – sadly however there are are some who seem to think that this does not apply to them…….
    @cateaus – lovely to see you joining us – I think you are right in that the alcohol is what is holding you back, certainly does in my case so I try to apply the 5:2/4:3 principle with wine too – 2/3 days allowed and 5/4 not allowed (not the other way round I’m afraid 🤣🤣)
    @matpi – 7 weeks without a treat – amazing willpower…….Remember that the good thing about this WOL is that a bad day does not undo things so long as we press our RESET buttons with a good FD!!
    @lilymartin – I too still make milk kefir – I swopped to the Bulgarian one as I found it more mellow and it has such a lovely flavour that OH now indulges too

Reminding myself that I am not really hungry and that tomorrow is not that far away……..drinking water and telling myself that maybe I don’t really need to have that remaining 120cals left out of my 800cal allowance today……..

So adding myself to the Pocket List Day 7
    @jaifaim
    @quebecoise
    @matpi
    @aussiejill
    @penz
    @erikaa67
    @judyjudes
    @emma-taylor
    @saffy420
    @suki2
    @therese19
    @aidan64
    @flourbaby
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010
    @at

“If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”

Day 7 Fleetwood NFD
    day 6 FD went well
    Weigh day today very pleased lost the extra weight I put on last week when unable to control myself. As a newby to forums I dont understand the bucket list. Any advice or tips would be appreciated. Love reading everyone’s posts, finding it very helpful.

Hi @fasterlorna

The Pocket list is simply a list of those people on a FD (fasting day) that particular day. Helps to encourage each other along, some days the list is long other just one or two! If you’re having a FD just copy and paste the list and add yourself to it.

It has been inadvertantly called, bucket list, rocket list and pocket lust at various times, but we always blame predictive text! Well I did…..

Day 7, UK, NFD

Hello everyone 🙋

I felt my ears burning today, now I know why. I log in here and see that @daffodil2010 and @brightonbelle have been mentioning me 😉 😂
    But really, this is spooky 😂

@jaifaim thank you for hosting May 💐 , I am a bit late but I’ll join you all now if you don’t mind 🙂

For all who don’t know me, I am 5’4″ 53 years old female, living in UK. I used to be slim most of my life, my weight being around 50kg. Due to health issues and stopping smoking in 2016, I put on over a stone. Did 5:2 for few months and lost some, but stopped for still unknown to me reasons 😕. Than I got busy with my mum being diagnosed with dementia and having to go to a care home since she needs help 24/7, and that has been very tough. Than I moved houses last December, another stressful situation. And now we have this pandemic, lockdown and all the rest, and I feel I haven’t even had a chance to settle down properly in my new place. I am not working at the moment, and that is a really strange situation for me since I’ve never not worked for this long. During all that time, I proceeded to put on even more weight 😪 .
    @lilymartin I saw you saying that your weight is at the highest ever, so is mine!
    Its really time to give it another go, and try and lose some weight and get back to feeling good and positive 🙂
    I’m not going to weigh myself because I don’t want to get depressed lol
    I will set a goal instead to feel my clothes lose on me again.
    I’ll start gently and aim for 1-2kg lost this month.

Good to see so many familiar faces, I missed you guys ❤ , and I’m looking forward to “meet” many new friends who joined here while I was absent 🙂

Lets do it together 💪

Day 7 UK FD

Today is my 3rd FD in a row. Managing well and find my mojo is very strong at the beginning of the month and then runs away! Last month i got to within 1-2 kg of my target, lost the plot and put on weight. Now back on track and as of this morning I’m back to 2 kg away. Phew!!! Just stick with it is my message to myself…
    Catching up on all the posts and enjoying the chat!

@aidan64 & @emma-taylor — my DH cannot eat lamb (chops, roast) without his mint jelly. I can pass on sweet things with meat (hence I don’t care for fruit with meat). We never try mint with pork though. If I bring it up, he would try it!
    We can get delicious Australian lamb chops at Costco here. They are the little ones, about 2″ thick (6 cm) and grill so beautifully.

Re: EGG discussion — how does one know they dislike something but never has tried it? Just from the look or smell of it?

Day 8 Tasmania, Australia NFD
    Managed about 700 cals yesterday, so quite happy with that. I find I need to save most of my calories for the evening to be able to sleep well.
    @jaifaim. Thanks for the welcome back. I really want to get back on track with 5:2 & will keep at it until it becomes routine again.
    @daffodil2010 I’ll keep working on the less wine thing, but it is such a long term habit & it does relax me at the end of the day.
    @at. 2/3 days with wine, rather than the other way around, you say? That is a challenge. I know that’s right though *sigh*
    @shinything- I feel like I’m starting from scratch too & really want to get back into this.
    I have trouble keeping up here, but will try to post every day. Please forgive me if I don’t seem attentive.

Day 8, NFD, Aus

PFDS!! I’m getting there! @mia139 – let’s make a pact to hang on to our mojo through to the end of the month!

You said it so right, @at: “Reminding myself that I am not really hungry”. I have to ask myself that question: am I really hungry? Or just bored? Too often it’s the latter. This month I want to concentrate on the feeling of not being full and not being hungry – a nice in between Golidlocks position.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Day 8 – Japan – WFD

I haven’t missed a WFD yet this year, so I’m going to stop counting until I do miss a day. I think that is easier.

My father will turn 88 this weekend. He is living by himself out on a family farm in the middle of Montana. He keeps busy and maintains a BMI in the low 20’s. He doesn’t fast but he also doesn’t eat that much, probably only around 2000 calories a day. His portions are typically small.

Day 7, Québec, MFD

@jaifaim, thank tou…you saved my day by putting my name in the pocket list. In fact, I didn’t know what day we were and I had forgotten that Thursday is my fast day.

My day was rather easy …. I ate 1000 calories. So I’m happy going to bed.

Bye bye x

Day 8 – Ireland – NFD

whoo hoo … Not a bad week as I tried to stay very focused (thank god the bread didn’t turn up!) am happy to report I’ve dropped 1lb – small drop but I’m happy with that… will measure later…

Hello there @shinything, I thought of you yesterday so very glad to see you back with us!! Wow that’s so funny you felt your ears burning….as your name had popped up a few times – the power of this group eh! 👏👏
    I wonder where @ciren2, @snowflake56 and @debster251 and others are? If you are lurking I hope that all is well! shout out to @coda too while I’m at it.. Be safe 💕

@saffy420 funny I was just talking to my man who is in the UK
    And he mentioned the same thing re cost of groceries….
    apparently there are far less offers at the moment as they are making their money without having to tempt people in 🤔

@mia139 3 FDs in a row well done!!! You are on the right track 🚞
    @cateaus – don’t stress about posting a detailed post.. some do and others just pop on with a quick update. There is no right or wrong here..
    I have days where I remember all that’s been discussed and others where it shoots right out of my mind once I’ve read it…

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Pocket list Day 8
    @dykask

Day 8 – Lake district UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Weigh in day and …… slid off the plateau !

Lost 2 lbs this week, think hardly eating on Wednesday (day 2 of my attempted Egg Fast, couldn’t eat anything after day one!) and some good long walks plus 2 ‘normal’ 5:2 FD’s did the trick.
    Either way nicely off the plateau and the graph moves ever downwards, another new low this week.

Normal service has resumed!

Take care all

Day 8 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

For the first time in a long time I really felt the need for a breakfast. So I listened to my body and have had a small bowl of Oatbran porridge with chia seeds and mixed berries. Now I am having my coffee while catching up here…however my tum is rumbling, not from hunger, probably from the shock of food so early on a week day 😄

@shinything, so great to see you back. And that is seriously spooky that a few of us mentioned you yesterday and you felt the call to come back 😱😀👻👻👻👻👻👻

@jaifaim….my FD was good yesterday until DH suggested ham and cheese toasties on that batch bread as a bedtime snack….did I say no? NO! .as I said, it’s akin to crack cocaine!!! I think that was a good swerve for you that your bread was not delivered 😀

Last night was a flower moon but unfortunately there was clouds to the East so I did not see the moon rising. My brother (who lives with Dad) had a clear night so he dragged Dad out to the garden to see it rise and sent me on photos. I must admit, seeing Dad and his smiley face in the photos gave me such a pang. I really miss him. Talking on the phone is not the same and video calls don’t work with Dad due to technology, his deafness, looking up his nose etc etc 😀

Looking forward to the time I can have him up to stay with me for fun family times. Until then, stay strong, this will pass.

Happy Friday everyone.

Day 8 UK FD

Hello everyone!

Pocket list Day 8
    @dykask
    @helen285

Day 8 UK West Yorkshire NFD
    Good fast day yesterday. Been out on my bike again this morning. The weather is helping as the tow paths are lovely. Lots of wildlife in the hedgerows. Seems nature is making a special effort in these dark days. Have a great day one and all!

Day 8 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

@aidan64 – no baked beans or tea either?! Are you really a Yorkshireman?! 🤔

Another good reason to fast! From the mailonline:-
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8296099/Being-obese-DOUBLE-risk-needing-hospital-treatment-life-threatening-coronavirus.html

That was quite a list for a Thursday! But nice to know I’m not alone today…

Pocket List – Day 8 🍏
    @dykask
    @helen285
    @funshipfreddie

Day 8, London, UK, NFD

1st FD in ages under 500 cals yesterday!! Chuffed to bits, rewarded this morning with -1.2lbs……………… it may well bounce back, but I’m going to enjoy my PFDS!!!

I have to say how much I’m LOVING walking with Leslie Sansone, my waist is shrinking noticeably and although the scales are slowly creaking downwards, this Sunday I’ll try on ‘that’ dress, I won’t set my expectations too high, but it’ll mark my progress!!

Welcome back @shinything, wouldn’t it be great to get a bunny story or two from @fatrabbit???

Go gently people, we’re in this for the long haul!!!!

Hello, all. Finished two “egg fast” days this week, and ate pretty modestly the other days. One of my office nurses has chickens and is very generous with sharing the eggs. My only fear is I love to bake, and a way to use up eggs is to make pound cakes, etc, etc! Better to eat the eggs and not the cakes! ….Weight is down 2# from the start, which is always motivating. Must keep up the routine. Reading about other’s struggles and successes is inspiring. Keep on, everyone!

Day 9 UK NFD

Weighed again, down to 64.2kg this morning. Trying to keep the long weekend an enjoyable and sensible one.

Good luck fasters!

Day 8 USA (Illinois) NFD

Off for groceries and some yard items today. The sun is shining, and with the clear night, we got to see the beautiful, full flower moon. So beautiful.

@shinything – great to see you back in the fold. 🙂

Onward and downward.

Day 8, Oxfordshire,UK NFD

Injured my hip yesterday so hobbling a bit today. Trying to keep moving slowly round the garden so I don’t stiffen too much. Lots of birdsong today.
    Will be raising a glass this afternoon with our neighbours at a safe distance for VE day.
    Enjoy the weekend

Day 8 UK NFD

The suns out it’s a Bank Holiday – need to apply some control will definitely do a few miles with Leslie – I’m with you on this @flourbaby – before I raise a glass

Day 8, UK, FD

Today’s FD is going really well. So far, I had boiled chickpeas tousled with a bit of olive oil, pepper and salt, plain but tasty, and only around 340cal 🙂.
    I will have some fruit a bit later, but I don’t expect to go over 500cal.
    I even exercised (another thing I neglected) today and felt really energised and invigorated.

@daffodil2010, @jaifaim the power of this group is sure spooky 😄 👻

Thank you for all the welcomes guys ☺ , it feels good to be back.

Pocket List – Day 8 🍏
    @dykask
    @helen285
    @funshipfreddie
    @shinything

Have a lovely weekend everyone and stay safe 🌞

2nd post
    @brightonbelle and @flourbaby, I checked out Leslie Sansome and did a workout earlier. I’m impressed.

Day 8 NFD another late post
    I woke up really down in the dumps today, very upset and crying for no particular reason. i was originally supposed to have a fast day today but I just could not stand the idea of having one, so I did not.

DD made me an egg and bacon croissant sandwich with hot chocolate and I also had a glass of wine. I usually don’t fast on Saturdays but I will aim for a FD or CD tomorrow. My family probably has something planned for Sunday so I better prep for it

Such a fan of Leslie Sansone, she helps me get my steps in when I can’t go for a run. Keaira LaShae has a great 5 mile walking workout on youtube that is so much fun- in case you are looking to mix it up

Happy Mother’s day friends 🎉🎁✨😁

Day 8 Ohio, US — NFD
    Day 7 — FD

The FD went well, and today I’m back to 14:10. Mid-afternoon I got intensely hungry and essentially had supper early. This is the second time such a thing has happened since I’ve combined time-restricted eating with 5:2. Has anyone else had a similar experience?

The weigh-in this morning had good news: down 1.5 lb (.7 kg). So now I’m back to where I was at the start of February. So I was at a little peak on the plateau, but the next weigh-in will reveal whether I’m still on the plateau or have commenced on the down-slope.

By the way, I could tell you a joke about the coronavirus, but it would be two weeks before you get it. 

@suki2 Hope your hip recovers quickly!

Day 8, Québec, NFD

@matpi LOL ! Please keep your joke about the coronavirus !

I had a very good and incouraging day. It was sunny and I worked outside the house in my yard. I just love it. I just can’t wait to start my garden. This weekend, the weather should be awfull…cold, rain, big wind, maybe some snow ! Ark ark !

I just cooked a reciepe that I will give as a Mother’s day gift to my ex mother-in-law. She is 96 years old and still a very loving and bright woman.

Happy Mother’s day to all mothers in this great group x

Day 9 -Ireland – NFD
    Well done to all the Friday fasters 👏

I had a look back at my tracker and it seems I’ve lost 4lbs since Easter so I’m very happy with that.. it averages out as losing a little over a 1lb a week which is good for me… but if I’m honest I suppose I did put on a few lbs over Easter 🐣 weekend.. I’m still going to take it as a win 😂😂 whatever makes you feel better and all that…

Baked scones and banana & walnut loaf (Dangerous! ⚠️) last night after a day off from absolutely everything – so a bit of sunbathing in the garden and a good spin 🚵🏻‍♀️.

@flourbaby 👏 on the shrinkage… I measured yesterday and I have shrunk half an inch all over it seems. I’m delighted, as particularly having done a month and a half of joe wicks on top of more cycling and walking on a daily basis, I was wondering when I’d begin to see a difference even though I could feel it myself… you’ll have to let us know tomorrow 🥳

@daffodil2010 I feel for you… it’s very tough on the elderly but also on the families who miss them so… hopefully you will be able to see your dad in person soon. 🤗

@basyjames – sending you hugs also 🤗 .. this is all just terrible and it’s good to cry … we all have bad and better days … but there is no doubt that this will have a lasting effect on all of us… I think it’s really important to let whatever emotions you have right now just flow… 😢

@suki2 how did you hurt your hip? Hope you are doing ok!

I’m off now to socially distance with my SIL and niece to watch the sunrise on the beach 🌅 in aid of Pieta House here in Ireland. The annual Darkness into Light walk has been cancelled but we will be supporting it in our own little way.. 💛
    Stay strong everybody… this too shall pass 💛

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 9 UK CFD

Hi Everyone

We had a lovely day enjoying VE Day 75years celebrations (as much as we could). I enjoyed myself a bit too much and had dessert after our roast dinner (with a glass of red). Intending to compensate today by having a cfd.

Sending everyone best wishes, take care & stay safe.

Day 9 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Just about to go for my morning walk, DH already gone to work on his motorbike, and I have a day of garden stuff ahead of me, sun shining, what’s not to look forward to?

@jaifaim, I forgot about the Darkness into Light, I am usually awake that early anyway but was going to make the effort to watch the sunrise etc, however DH was bumbling about getting ready for work so I didn’t want to get in his way. Hope you had a nice view on the beach.

@basyjames…just hugs….🤗🤗

I will look up Leslie Sansone…..I still walk a lot, do my HIIT, but I guess the constant wine imbibing has me at a high plateau I don’t want to be at……I have to find something to get me off this …..

Have a lovely day everyone.

Day 9- Netherlands 🇳🇱- MFD 800

I’m sorry for not being as loyal and supportive as the rest of this group but work leaves me absolutely shattered at night. I work twelve hours shift and by the time I get home I just want to shower and sleep. The good thing about this new busy working routine ( @daffodil2010) is that I have no problem staying under the 800. So the weight is going downward as are the cm/inches. Someone wrote that she/ he has to stay out of the kitchen because it makes her want to eat. I love to go to the kitchen and prepare good, tasty meals with quality food. And that feeling is new to me and I embrace it. Before the FD I went in to make quick ( most important) convenience meals. A second new thing I embrace is the feeling of hunger. That rumble tells me that fat is melting. To be honest I never felt hungry before ( shame) because of regular days at the office. Three meals a day with two snacks at the same time, every day.
    Reading all of your post make me realise that you all are very active ( sporting)and i’m not. I have to work on that as well. For now I wish all the mothers a happy Mother’s Day tomorrow and being thankful for the support I get. Working on giving 😞

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 695 total)

You must be logged in to reply.