May 2020 Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
May 2020 Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 690 replies, has 53 voices, and was last updated by  FlourBaby 3 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 695 total)

• Day 5 USA (Illinois) FD

Raining today, so likely a good day to fast. Wait… isn’t ANY day a good day to fast? We all know it can be. 🙂

@caroline esty-akporokah – welcome back good to see you.

@judyjudes – happy to see you too.

@chellek & @aiden64 – you’ve found a great place with wonderful folks here.

@dykask – my DH loves sweets too, and I really don’t mind indulging him, but it sure is hard not to join in. Keeping strong is what this forum helps with, isn’t it?

@springer -happy birthday, to you! ♫♥♫♪and many more!

Onward and downward

2nd Post Hi @songbirdme *waves* It’s comforting to come back and be remembered 😊

USA Day 5 OMAD

Haven’t read all the posts yet but will shortly. This is my third day of OMAD and still going strong. I weighed myself and it seems I have already lost 3 lbs. Very encouraging and will get me through today.
    Until today, I haven’t been hungry in the morning but with plenty of water and perseverance , I will manage! I didn’t see a pocket list for today, so I will start one!

Day 5 Pocket List

@ccco

Have a great day, everyone!

USA Day 5 OMAD

Okay! I found the pocket list, so skip what I started. Adding myself to this list!

Pocket List – Day 5 🍒
    @lilymartin
    @jaifaim
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010
    @aidan64
    @ccco

USA Day 5 OMAD

Happy Birthday, Springer!

FUNSHIPFREDDIE, thanks for the link! I just read it. Hopefully, this way of eating doesn’t lead to an eating disorder but I only intend to do this for awhile, a kickstart if you will, and then return to regular 5:2!

Stay safe, everyone!

Day 5 Oxfordshire, UK – FD 800
    Quick check in today. Been for a run, baked a cake and finally got round to the ironing pile which has been taunting me for at least 10 days. Yoga later then some pan fried salmon with chilli ginger sauce and stir fry veg for dinner.
    @springer – happy birthday
    @funshipfreddie – what a scary future that article suggests.
    @erikaa67 – keeping busy is the key. Then not snacking in the evening.
    @saffy420 – well done on a good fast and a good first day.
    @dykask – DS is threatening to bake next week, complained that I didn’t give anyone else a chance.
    @lilymartin – I hope you’re feeling better today.
    Pocket List – Day 5 🍒
    @lilymartin
    @jaifaim
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010
    @aidan64
    @ccco
    @suki2

Day 5 – UK – CD

Managed a just under FD600 yesterday but plenty exercise! God job to the fasters yesterday 👍

Another sunny day here but with a cool breeze today – went for a walk and then was helping portion out the hot meals from our parish centre for collection 50 meals went out today!

Back home for a cup of tea and relax…….so far so good……then decided to start prepping dinner before my late afternoon class and managed to burn my left hand………😫…….how stupid of me……15mins under a cold running tap and now smothered in my miracle cream with a plastic glove over to keep the cream in contact…….I can see at least 3 distinct areas that caught the worst of the damage……Feeling a bit sorry for myself atm as will have to miss out on my exercise classes for a few days I suspect; such a silly thing to do – lack of concentration……

@springer – wishing you a very happy birthday 🎂🍾🥂
    @saffy420 – good to hear your first day in the new job went well
    @ccco – I agree with @dykask that your OMAD every day is pretty hard core but if it works for you good luck
    @lilymartin – shame your FD didn’t work out yesterday but that’s the great thing with this WOL just try again another day this week
    @penz – 👍 on yesterday’s FD
    @i-hate-lettuce – That’s a lovely walk – well worth resurrecting and certainly with coffee and sandwiches for a pit stop with a view……one day soon…..
    @aidan64 – welcome on board – I have added you to the spreadsheet in case you want to use it – you’ll find a link to it on Page 1

“If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”

Day 5 North Canton OH NFD
    The weekend was nice and then it got colder, brrr. Looking forward to steadily warm weather and multiple long walks.
    @i hate lettuce good luck on your waterfasts 3 days should not be too difficult to manage and I hope it works for you
    @ccco good job on OMAD, the 3 pound loss is encouraging. Also great idea not to stick with it long term
    Welcome back to all the new names and old friends that took a break, the support from the forum is phenomenal and that is why we keep coming back
    Something about being staying home raised the hankering within me to bake. And apparently I am not alone. The baking aisle at the store is quite spare and there is no yeast to be found anywhere-not even online. Well I don’t need the temptation anyway if I am being honest with myself. So maybe that’s a good thing.
    I watched a movie with Scarlet Johanssen and the guy from Star Wars (Kai lo ren) it was so moving – DD and I just wept and wept. The name of the movie is Marriage Story. Nobody dies, but it was just so real – about relationships and how they evolve. It made me want to hug the people I love.
    Have a successful day pocket fasters and stay restrained non fasters.
    There was a tip in the IDM program manual @flourbaby shared – On nonfast days do not act as if you fasted the day before otherwise you will negate all your gains from fasting
    See you all on the morrow – Lord willing!

Day 5 – second post

Hi everyone,

Ending day one of 3 day egg fast (not a water fast)

One thing I’m missing is coffee ….. I cannot manage coffee without milk (took me long enough to manage without sugar) so just on water for now, well, butter in coffee???

So far quite easy to be honest, eggs, butter and milk!

Already adjusting slightly, only 2 eggs per meal and reducing the amount of butter consumption a little. Also very full, so with final meal reducing the cheese. Got back from a fabulous walk (tell you about that tomorrow morning) and could’ve downed a beer, but am only allowed an odd can of ‘soda’ so made do. Drinking extra water as well, feeling good and feeling ‘full’, so fingers crossed!

Cheers

Day 5, London, UK, FD,

Slow start to the day after a very late night working towards a deadline today, this has made today’s FD a doddle ……………………. Simply because I’m about to keel over with exhaustion!!! I’ll do a walk with Leslie, have an OMAD bowl of soup and crash!!!

@saffy420, just so you know, the rise of the adult afternoon nap during lockdown, is a REAL thing!!!!

@springer, happy belated Birthday!!!!

Lots of talk about will or won’t power recently, I’ve come to rely heavily on mojo as I have Zero willpower, however I heard a nutritionist discussing the topic recently. He said there’s no such thing as willpower, it’s all about having the right motivation!!!! If someone offered me £1m I’m pretty sure I could walk past the winegums and even the wine, but tell me I’m doing it for ME and the numerous years of self-loathing and not quite 100% self-belief or self –love ……………… (you know what I mean, sometimes I truly want to kick myself for being the ONLY person in the world who cannot walk past a biscuit, cake, winegum….etc, etc, etc!!!)……………… means the ‘for ME’ incentive is just not enough!!! So, I’ll keep on keeping on and reminding myself that my mojo is strong and is a separate entity offering support; that those jeans will fit, that walking in heels won’t be as painful as an elephant balancing on a pinhead ……………………………….. and I’m gonna reward myself with a Tiffany cuff when I get ‘there’, by which time it’ll look great on my sylph like wrist!!!!

@aidan64, welcome to the challenge ……………………….. I sometimes forget I’m challenging myself to lose a few lbs rather than chit-chat & catch-up on news from around the world!!!!

@excelsior12309, Yep, I’m pretty sure that’s’ what they sprinkle on cheese puffs, Wotsits, coated peanuts, winegums ……………………… the list is endless!!!!

Pocket List – Day 5 🍒
    @lilymartin
    @jaifaim
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @daffodil2010
    @aidan64
    @ccco
    @suki2
    @flourbaby

Remember guys …………………………… “Whatever the problem is, the answer is NOT in the fridge”

USA Day 5 OMAD

So far today’s OMAD has been successful! I ate my only meal which came in at 647 calories! I sure hope I can continue this!

Flourbaby, I am right there with you. When I want to do this for just myself, whatever the reason, it has no umph! This time my goal is to get into a bathing suit in time to go to a pool or beach with my grandson, if this virus permits. Right now I am a no go! Good luck! I am right there with you! 🙂

Day 5 UK FD
    Day 3-4 UK NFD/EFS

Still here! Fasting today, look foward to catching up with posts tomorrow x

3rd post
    I’m checking in a lot today.. finding it to be a tough FD so this helps.. seeing people doing well on a FD motivates me to stick at it..

@springer.. I know how you feel with the garden work.. I am still aching all over after yesterday’s work – Happy birthday to you today!!

@erikaa67 – I had never heard of Belgravia – I’ll have to look for it on Netflix as I am running out of good series to watch.

@saffy420 I’m glad to hear your first day went well! Did you actually go into work? We have no new hires at the moment so it is very interesting to hear that you are starting a new job. All the very best 👍👍

@basyjames – good tip re: treating the NFD not as a day that follows a FD! I must remember that one. I saw Marriage Story recently, it was fantastic and I could associate with all of the emotions having been through a marriage break up many years ago where it ended in much the same way (without the added worry of children though thankfully). I won’t give away the end.. keep those hugs for when we can hug our nearest and dearest. Hopefully soon now.

Day 5, UK. NFD. Not a great day calorie wise so need to make time to read posts on forum and refresh myself with the book.

Day 5 Fleetwood NFD
    Started day with a walk along the prom.+ Lesley 3 mile walk usually can’t stick to calories the day after a fast but managed to control myself today.
    Really enjoying everyone’s comments.
    @at hope you’ll be ok with the hand and not in too much pain.

Day 5 UK NFD

Weighed in at 65kg. No loss or gain, so can’t complain. Ooh, rhyme.
    FD tomorrow. Umming and ahhing over whether to throw a third one in on Friday to kick start things a bit? Will see how I get on.

x

Day 6, NFD, Aus

Ouch, @at. Hope your miracle cream helps! I burnt myself on the forearm years ago, which my nephew aptly described as ‘the oven bit you!’ Sure did.

I was going to suggest you give yourself a million pounds @flourbaby but a Tiffanys cuff should do the trick! Good point, though, about finding the right motivation.

Day 6 Melb Aust FD

Doing okay, just checking in.

@at, ouch, and how frustrating that it will mess up your exercise classes as well. Hope it heals quickly.

Day 6 Pocket List
    @betsylee

Day 6 – Lake District UK- FD
    Good morning everyone,
    Egg Fast Day 2 today, yesterday was very easy food-wise, when you’ve only 3 ingredients to play with, eggs, butter and cheese ….. never felt hungry all day despite a rather long walk.

@at – hope the hand fixes quickly, you might appreciate some of the names from our walk yesterday, typical rural England!

Some of the names have quite a significant local meaning, we set off from home, went up the village to Four Lane Ends to Hazelslack Tower Farm, off into the woods along Dolly Wood Lane, crossed Leighton Beck Bridge, where we stopped to watch the deer, then into the Gait Barrows National Nature Reserve.
    Stopped for a drink at The Queen Elizabeth Silver Jubilee cairn on the limestone pavement in glorious sunshine. Down the East coppice through the West coppice and through the meadows to have a sit at Hawes Water watching the birdlife. Up the New Park bridleway to Challan Hall allotment down into Silverdale Moss.
    Headed towards home through Back Wood and Creep-I’-the-call bridge, again passing through Hazelslack.
    A bit over 7 miles, never more than 2 miles from home, 3 ½ hours walk burning around 1200 calories, on an Egg FD ! … Got home and had water, could’ve murdered a beer! Not sure how far we’ll trundle today though!

Take care all

Day 6 Pocket List
    @betsylee
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day 6 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Good FD yesterday with good result. Trying to get mojo back. Quick check in as I have to head to work soon but already have had a walk in the glorious sunshine.

What a fabulous day it is and forecast for unbroken sunshine in these parts for the day 😄 Pity I have to go to the office.

Happy hump day

Day 6 NFD West Yorks UK
    Thanks for all the hellos. I’ve really enjoyed reading the posts. @Ihatelettuce that sounded like heaven. All this talk of egg fasts! I’ll let you all into a little secret….I’ve never eaten an egg in my life 🙄

Day 6- Netherlands 🇳🇱- MFD 800
    Happy dance 💃 happy dance 💃 happy dance 💃
    I had a wonderful birthday yesterday with an amazing cake after a recipe from M. M. Eggplant brownies. I had it with fresh raspberries and enjoyed every bite of it. Delicious. And after that indulgent day I still lost some weight. Right now I’m very pleased with how things are going.
    I want to show my deepest respect to those who do the water fast or OMAD. That must be incredible tough.
    @lilymartin @funshipfreddie @songbirdme @ccco @ suki2 @at @jaifaim thank you all for the birthday wishes
    @lilymartin I hear you. After my accident I had to gif up my nursing careers and got stuk at an desk job at a health company. Now with corona I work 12 hours a day, 5-6 days a week behind a pc. And is devastating out body. After the switch a gained 30 kg…..
    @ihatelettuce thank you for your tip. I will look online for the seed. After your post I now want Thai basil 🌿 myself 😁👍🏻
    @at please keep an eye on those burn wounds they often get under estimated and can be dangerous. If in doubt see an doctor 👨‍⚕️ please. I hope the pain will be soon less. And I love 💕 love your quote in your last post. I will remember that during this experience
    @flourbaby I can already see those shiny cuffs on you skinny wrist. They will look amazing. Good motivation

Did I mentioned that I lost weight after my cake day 🤪💃💃💃💃

Day 6 – Ireland – CD

Hi all!
    Just broke out of my 2km zone to the new restricted 5km zone so had a lovely spin around the different beaches near me… now doing Joe Wicks… feel it’s paying off A little now..

@at You poor thing! That sounds so sore … take care of yourself!
    Great to see you @michelinme!
    CD today following on from a good enough FD … not fantastic to be honest… but still working on the mojo 💪

Have a good hump day all!

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 6-Netherlands 🇳🇱- MFD
    Happy dance 💃 happy dance 💃 happy dance 💃
    I had a wonderful birthday yesterday with a great cake after a recipe from M. M. eggplant brownies. I had them with fresh raspberries and enjoyed every bite of it. They were delicious 🤤. And the best part is that I still lost some weight. Even if I went over the 800 cal….
    @lilymartin @funshipfreddie @songbirdme @ccco @suki2 @at @flourbaby @ jaifaim thank you all for the birthday wishes 🥰
    @lilymartin I hear you… after my accident I had to give up my nursing career and got a desk job at a health office. Now with corona I’m sitting behind a computer for 12 hours a day 5-6 days a week. And it is devastating for my body. After the switch i gained 30 kg….
    @ihatelettuce thanks for the tip. I will look online for some Thai basil 🌿 seeds. I want them too
    @at please keep an eye on those wounds. Burn wounds tend to be under estimated. They can be dangerous. If in doubt always see a doctor 👨‍⚕️.i hope the pain will be soon less. And I love 💕 love your quote at the end of your last post. I will remember it during this experience
    @flourbaby already I can see those cuffs shine on you skinny wrist. Good motivation
    Did I mentioned that I’m very pleased with where I’m at the moment 🤪 I lost weight after a cake day. Life is good and all odds are in favour of me 💃💃💃

I forgot to mention my deepest respect for those who do the water fast or OMAD. That must be so tough. 🌺👍🏻

Day 6 Oxfordshire, UK – FD
    Yesterday became a CD (1000cals) so aiming for a proper FD today. scales showed a small loss so not all bad.
    @springer – congratulation on your success with scales and cake
    @at – Take care of your hand

Day 6 Pocket List
    @betsylee
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @suki2

Day 6 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

@i-hate-lettuce – I didn’t deny myself coffee, with a splash of low-fat milk. But, whatever works for you; & good luck on day 2!

@aidan64 – why?!!! I’ve probably eaten enough eggs for both of us!

@springer – that cake sounds like heaven 😋

Happy Hump Day! 🐫 🐫

Pocket List – Day 6 🍓
    @betsylee
    @i-hate-lettuce 🥚
    @springer
    @suki2
    @funshipfreddie

“There is no failure. You only lack actions and planning.”
    ― Amit Ray

Day 6 UK CD

Snack Dragon 🐉 remains in his cave. I’m so pleased that I haven’t succumbed after weeks of snacking with impunity. I’m still scratching my head about it as I don’t usually snack. I’ve been 2 meals a day for years with a weekly or bi-weekly OMAD. I naturally eat 17/7 as don’t have much appetite until around noon.

Hopefully I’ve turned a corner and I’m solidly back on track.

Happy belated Birthday @springer 🎂

Wishing your hand a speedy recovery @at

Take care everyone & stay safe x

Day 6 UK FD

Just had a quick skim through and seems to be a lot of positive vibes so hopefully that’ll carry me through the day @at ouch

Pocket List – Day 6 🍓
    @betsylee
    @i-hate-lettuce 🥚
    @springer
    @suki2
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle

Day 6, UK FD

@at – ouch, that sounds nasty – hope it heals well.

Yesterday was a CD with calories under TDEE, we attacked the garden – some serious weeding and planting a few pots with bedding plants.

@springer, glad you enjoyed your birthday and your brownie sounds lush.

Yesterday we did our weekly shop and I managed to spend over £100, yikes, it’s been steadily creeping up during lockdown and it didn’t even include any treats apart from yoghurts. There’s just the two of us. Has anyone else noticed this? I did manage to find the mythical hand gel though.

@flourbaby my DH has taken to having a nap most afternoons. He wakes up really early (unlike me) and then runs out of steam later. Still it gives me time to watch my tv – I’ve just finished the Last Kingdom series 4 on Netflix.

@jaifaim, my new job is at the local hospital, they have a training building outside the main site and I’ll do all my training there, it was strange – the room was set up with us all sitting on chairs 6 feet away from each other. The job I will be doing is in another separate building, it’s only 3 days a week.

Today will be my usual apple for lunch then salad for tea. Am hoping to get out for a long walk later, the weather is glorious again.

Stay safe all.

Day 6 UK FD

Feeling positive today! Stay strong fasters!

Day 6 CD country West Australia
    Thank you to everyone for the good wishes. I am feeling much better today.
    And even better because I managed a good FD yesterday( mostly because I felt so crook I didn’t feel like eating!).
    @at I’m sorry to hear about your hand . I hope it heals quickly.
    @judyjudes. So glad you have that snack dragon caged. Pesky things those dragons.
    Mine is a carb dragon that lurks far too close and escapes his cage far too often. Have tried slaying it many times but just ended up breaking bread or rice or pasta with him.☹️
    @ccco, well done on your OMAD. Have thought about it but never had the discipline to do it. Discipline, now there’s a word………….
    @jaifaim, I hope the FD went OK. I too find that the more regularly I post and read posts on this thread it really motivates me.
    @daffodil2010, there is a posse of mojo hunters out as we speak.There seem to be a few lost mojos.
    @i hate lettuce. I might give the egg fast ago. Butter, eggs, cheese. What’s not to like.
    I have seen a few people over the years have done that but I have never looked it up. I plan to do so this week.
    @aidan 64 – no eggs!!!!??????? Whaaaaaaattttttt???????? ( sorry, that looks rude which it definitely is not. I am just so amazed that you have not had an egg. Ever. Amazing). I Lurve eggs and go through so many a week.
    @springer. Well done on the cake and the eight loss. Way to go!!!
    @penz and @flourbaby, you both make me laugh. Laughed out loud at the image of your mojo chained to the fridge!

My SiL currently living with us enjoys making sauerkraut which I love.
    When I was first on this thread in 2016 a lot of people were doing keffir, sauerkraut, kombucha etc. But I haven’t seen that so much lately.
    It is interesting that there is so much talk and research into gut health now and how it affects so many things including mental health, immune system ( very necessary atm) etc.
    Feeling the love. Feeling the vibes. Feeling optimistic for a good month.

USA Day 6 OMAD

Just lost my post, so will just add myself to the pocket list.

Pocket List – Day 6 🍓
    @betsylee
    @i-hate-lettuce 🥚
    @springer
    @suki2
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @ccco

Have a great day!

Day 6 – second post

Egg fast day 2

Not sure this is for me, will see how I feel in the morning?

I’m amazed at the fat and calorie count for yesterday and that was eating less than the egg fast diet was saying to have! I’m way above my usual NFD numbers.

Had to cut right down today, had 2 eggs with 20g of cream cheese and just 5g butter for breakfast (less than suggested) loads of water to keep hydrated. Feel so full, can’t manage any lunch, just drinking water.

Rather odd, I love cheese eggs and butter, but somehow this amount does not feel good. Might review this in the morning.

Day 6 USA (Illinois) NFD

Good 450 calorie FD yesterday. Silver Sneakers Facebook Live feed from my gym this morning. Sun is shining, but it is cold here. Will likely do a little yard work rugged up in sweats!

Onward and downward.

Day 6 – USA – NFD

Welcome back again to all of the posters/fasters that I knew in 2017! We always seem to know what to come back to, don’t we? Happy birthday, @springer!

2nd Post

Hi @songbirdme I hope you don’t mind me asking but what did you eat for 450 cals. I’m always on the look out for the holy grail of satiating FD foods 🙂

Day 6 Canton OH FD
    @at I hope that was not a bad burn, oh my! How does it look today? Feel better
    @Ihatelettuce sorry about that, my head was thinking egg fast but my fingers were typing waterfast. Egg fast are very filling and very easily tiring, which is why I can do 3 days and that is even pushing it. The first couple of egg fasts that I did, I was able to get to 5 days but 3 days is my limit right now. Don’t blame you for reassessing, hope you shift some numbers in the right direction on the scale though –then it will be worth it
    @aidan64 no eggs ever!!! By choice?!!! @flourbaby does not like eggs either. Eggs and bacon are my favorite thing in the whole world, actually eggs, bacon and pancakes but I can’t have pancakes like I used to- they don’t agree with my current hip size- so I have had to do with eggs and bacon.
    @springer happy dance X 2 now that’s what I call eating your cake and having it!!!!!
    Adding m’self to the pocket list
    Pocket List – Day 6 🍓
    @betsylee
    @i-hate-lettuce 🥚
    @springer
    @suki2
    @funshipfreddie
    @brightonbelle
    @ccco
    @basyjames

@judyjudes – my fast day is pretty much the same. Only have black coffee in the morning, an apple (usually Jazz or Gala) about 1-3 p.m. that is roughly 100 calories, then supper is lots of green lettuce with either cold protein or hot on it. I can’t eat it without salad dressing, so usually my fave Caesar. Protein is often chicken breast chunks sauteed with mushrooms, ham chunks, or last night Schwan’s Parmesan Shrimp sauteed with the mushrooms.

My secret seems to be NOTHING at all after about 6 p.m. That can be hard when DH always likes a snack or dessert at night!

Day 7, UK, NFD. Realistically going to be next week now or at least weekend until I get to another fast day. Stress of work has seen me reaching for carbs.

3rd Post

Thank you for sharing @songbirdme, that all sounds rather delicious. My evening meal today was similar. Hot smoked salmon & few goats cheese pearls on green salad, a small amount of dressing. Chopped Pear & Greek yoghurt. Came in at 530. Lunch was home made chicken soup and a small gluten free cob. With hot drinks I totalled about 1100 cals for a CD. I do feel satiated. No snacks 🙂 Believe it or not I don’t lose on 1100. I’m not very high in height and rather inactive. Small frame.

I’m going to try for a fast day tomorrow and will try very hard to keep around 600 calories (I’m sure I read Michael Mosley said you could go up to 800 on a FD, please tell me if I’m wrong) Less if I can.

D7 Australia FD
    Hi Everyone! Fast Day 2 week 1 today. Well I think I’ve stopped the sugar binge!
    It’s a very windy Melbourne day today but it promises to get to 21deg Celsius.
    It’s a good day for a walk in the park as long as a tree branch doesn’t fall on me!
    I’ve been finding it hard to motivate myself to head out.
    The covid 19 restrictions in the state of Victoria where I live are still strict. We are quarantined in our homes and can only venture out for essential trips….food, doctors visits etc.

D7 Australia FD
    I meant to ask the question… On the 800 is it recommended 800 for men and 700 for women???

Day 7 Tasmania, Australia FD
    I’m struggling with 5:2, but have not given up. I have been active- going for walks each day & played social golf with a friend yesterday, keeping our distance from one another.I have been eating healthily, but have been drinking wine at the end of the day, most days & that I’m sure is holding me back. I don’t miss it on FDs, so getting myself to do 2 fasts a week again is a good start, starting right now.
    Today’s pocket list Day 7-
    @cateaus

Days 4-5-6, Quebec

Finding it difficult. The restrictions to stay home and go to the grocery store as less as possible has changes my habits. Mixed emotions, sad, angry, scared, overwhelmed by the events …. I eat comfort food.

However, comin here to report gives me a kind of sens of stability.

My goal for the month is very simple …try to take care. In Québec, Canada, we had the pandemic later than Europe and Montreal is really not going well, My sisters live in a hot aerea. I haven’t seen them for too long. I live all bye myself and I’m often reaching for food ! So that’s the way it goes. So I’m being gentle with miself.

Tryin a FD tomorrow.
    Bye bye everyone x

Day 6 Ohio, US — NFD
    Day 5 — NFD

Yesterday an experiment I tried turned out not so well. After seven weeks without any sort of “treat” I experimented with introducing an ice cream bar for dessert at supper. Since the 14:10 fasting had been in place for a couple of weeks with no problem, it seemed that I might be able to introduce the ice cream in that framework. It worked fine on the first day, but on the second, yesterday, I ate the remaining 5 bars for dessert and messed up the 14 hour fast. And today I felt groggy all morning. So it looks as though commercial sweets will be off my eating pattern from now on. Fortunately I was able to stay on task today. Definitely need the FD tomorrow.

@quebecoise Dr. David Kessler, author of Fast Carbs, Slow Carbs, was a former US FDA director and in the book indicts the food industry for knowingly producing fast carb food that wreaks metabolic havoc with the body. He advocates that if one is going to eat grains, they should be only of the intact kind. I saw an interview with him on YouTube and he mentioned that even though best practice would be to eat as he advises, during a period of high stress, such as the pandemic, there is a place for comfort food. He indicated that we need to be gentle with ourselves at this time. So what you’re doing is not far off from the mark!

Day 6, Québec, NFD Second post
    @matpi Thank you so much for your encouragement.

Day 7, FD, Aus

FD!

Congrats @springer! What a great birthday present you’ve had. I’m one of those people who do a water FD (if you stretch “water” to include coffee with milk). For me, it’s actually easier not eating at all than trying to limit myself to 500 calories. I would find that a challenge! That’s what’s great about this system: flexible enough to find what works for you.

I can feel your positivity shining through @lilymartin!

I love the names of some of those places you walk by, @Ihatelettuce.

D7 Australia FD
    So far so good it is currently 2.25pm in the afternoon. I am enjoying a T2 ‘New York’ Breakfast tea minus milk. It has got a buttery coffee kind of flavour.
    Looking forward to dinner tonight!

Day 7 – Ireland – FD

Good morning, I had a good CD yesterday…. actually more of a 800 cal day….
    FD today which i hope will go well. Will get up for a cycle now. Then a date with Joe Wicks 😂

On that @aussiejill it’s 800 for everyone as far as I understand it…👍

Online food delivery arrives today 👏…. must not touch the nice things and leave them until the weekend 👍

@cateaus – welcome back! So many people are finding things tough at the moment… just do what you can… we are living in unprecedented times so don’t put too much pressure on yourself…
    @quebecoise – mind yourself – it’s difficult on your own but reach out to people on the phone and exercise will make you feel better so lee getting out if you can…
    @matpi – wow! Seven weeks with no treat – I’m
    So impressed but I’m so sorry to hear that reintroducing sugar made you feel so awful… it does the same to me but I find it too hard to resist at times…

I’m scooping you all up and popping you on the pocket list as I think you all mean to fast today Thursday May 7? If not just let me know and I’ll take you off… but no harm coming along for the ride 😂😂

Pocket List Day 7
    @jaifaim
    @quebecoise
    @matpi
    @aussiejill
    @penz

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 695 total)

You must be logged in to reply.