MAY 2018 – MONTHLY CHALLENGE

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
MAY 2018 – MONTHLY CHALLENGE

This topic contains 1,073 replies, has 83 voices, and was last updated by  abop 5 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 1,075 total)

• Day 4 – NFD – (currently in transit in Dubai)

Great evening flight from Melbourne, and managed to sleep a lot, just had a shower in the Emirates Lounge so feeling refreshed and awake and now waiting for my connecting flight to Manchester sipping on yet another bottle of water!!!

Thank you for the safe travel good wishes 🤗

Had a controlled day for Day 3 – Fasted from Day 2 evening meal until first meal on the flight on Day 3 (did indulge on some 🥂🍷as it would have been rude not to) then nothing more to eat for the rest of the flight – lots and lots of water and lots of sleep too!! Perks of a Business Class is good wine and food and ability to lie flat for a great sleep……..

@azh2016 @wixvix @emma1202 – it’s never too late to join a challenge and having the support of the group is a great motivator so a big WELCOME – read the first post on Page 1 by our host @michelinme for the month for lots of general information
    @cornish-jane – the guidelines say to measure your hip circumference at its widest part and measure your Waist Circumference at the belly button or just above it.
    @daffodil2010 – sounds like your job is going great and you are enjoying it too x
    @rainbowsmile – good to hear that you are feeling better x
    @debster251 – thanks – re change of career yes it does just look @daffodil2010
    @snowflake56 – good to hear that all is well with both you and OH and that you are both enjoying less stress in your lives – My OH and I have never looked back since we took early retirement – what surprised me the most is all the new interests I have developed and how happy and healthy I feel ☺️
    @Strawberriesandcream – wishing you a very Happy Birthday 💐🍰🥂🎁🎈Have a fab day xx and I love your Audrey Hepburn quote – what a wonderful attitude to have
    @fatfingers – so happy to hear that you enjoyed your visit to the Lake District – I consider myself so lucky to live there and have been missing it lately – much as I love Australia and had a fab holiday I can’t wait to get home now ⛰
    @bert1802 – sounds like your change of job responsibilities has been keeping you busy! Enjoy your week off in NY and see you on the other side x
    @malteserhead – as you get used to this WOL you will find that you don’t need to make special meals but on FD just adjust portion size and avoid high calorie foods, eat vegetables and a small amount of protein and drink lots of water – good luck with your journey – we are all different and find different ways of incorporating 5:2 in our lives

“Don’t start you day with the broken pieces of yesterday.
    Every day is a fresh start.
    Each day is a new beginning.
    Every morning we wake up is the first day of our new life”

Day 4, Emden Germany, NFD

@strawberriesandcream Happy Birthday!

@annemarilyn well done, keep going!

@azh2016 I agree, yesterday I had my first workout since a long time. I was exhausted afterwards and had a huge bowl of salad, just don’t want to spoil the good work eating unhealthy food.

@at loved your quote. What a luxurious flight you have,enjoy the rest of it!

Have a good day everyone!

Day 4 – Ireland 🇮🇪 -NFD

Inching slowly down the scales, lost a quarter pound from last week, I could soon qualify for Club Tort-twah at this rate. Delighted, only a few pounds and a couple of kilos to go.

It’s the bank holiday weekend but with the Lidl launch I am working Saturday and Monday too, it has been nuts getting the salad product ready, shipped and OUT..so no bank holiday for me. I don’t mind, that’s the nature of this job. ☺️

I will indulge in some wine with my DH tonight but not too much as work in the morning. I do love the weekends I have to say, even if I am working, as I get to speak to my DH who works a 2-12 midnight shift during the week so we rarely see each other awake 😆

@at enjoy the rest of your flight. Business class is definitely the way to go for long haul. I remember @diverdog saying “if it’s not business class I am not getting on the plane”…..love it!!!
    Actually, where is @diverdog lately? Another male participant who is very quiet these days 🤔

Have a great day everyone 😀

Day 4 – UK – Reading FD

A monumental fail for me yesterday. Our local Indian restaurant serves delicious food but instantly puts 1kg on the scales. So trying again today. Not ideal on a Friday, but must pay for yesterday. And yes, a bank holiday, yeah!!!

Day 4, Cornwall UK, NFD

Celebrating, as I swerved the Cornish Cream Tea yesterday and was rewarded with a 0.6kg loss for the week! Down to 78.4kg and 1cm off the waist (measured just above the bellybutton and not under my ribs!). No movement on the bum – but the good news is I actually go in at the waist now!

Off to Archie Browns in Truro today to get my Magnesium Oil. Then I’m going to try Jackfruit for lunch. A first for me – hope it’s not gross!

Looking forward to a long weekend of gardening and beach walking and no social commitments – bliss.

Day 4, London, UK, NFD.

Well I cracked last night and fell head first into a bag of cashew nuts!!! Perhaps a FD the day after a boxing class isn’t such a good idea, I never consider exercise calories despatched, but yesterday I could have eaten any & everything in sight, so after yoga last night, I succumbed to the siren call of the cashew nut!!!! No guilt though, I’ve got to listen to my body, and a bit of control today will see me right!!

@Strawberriesandcream, “Happy Birthday” Have a fantastic day and remember to STEP AWAY from the cake and the vino – after you’ve tried, tested & sampled it of course!!!!

@daffodil2010, I can imagine the dry skin appearing suddenly gave you a “What the ……???” moment!! LOL. I find that if I spritz right handed and massage in left handed in bed, the next morning when I shower my left hand gets unimaginably prune like – INSTANTLY, it’s so weird, but the MO is a salt solution, so I guess I’m getting pickled; not in my usual way, but still pickled!!!!

Speaking of getting pickled, tonight would be THE night ……………….. IF I was reintroducing booze to my life, but at this point, I think I’ll give it a swerve!!!!!!! I hear you all gasping in shock …………………… me too!!!!!

To my fellow tortoises; members of the Tor-Twah club …………………….. “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” – Confucius

Hello all day 4 in NI and decided to fit in an extra fast day this week. We are travelling over to Norwich to visit number 3 son. His rugby team reached a final so going over to watch.
    Happy birthday @strawberriesandcream – hope you have a lovely day/weekend.

Enjoy the weekend everyone but don’t undo all your good work. A indulgent day can set you back 3 days – just saying!

Day 4 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Nervously stepped on the scales this morning and still at 132.8 lbs so day 4 of maintenance and all is well! I’m now thinking a little wiggle room might be a good idea, making 133 lbs the red line not to be exceeded??? I will just continue and see how my weight settles over the next few months.

@strawberriesandcream wishing you a very Happy Birthday 🎁🎉🥂

Keep on keeping on everyone, its just one day at a time 😉

Day 4 – Kent, UK NFD

Good day yesterday in terms of food, feeling much better today abs are kicking in.

First weigh in today from 192 lbs to 189 lbs, 3lbs off. Happy with that

1600 cals day so far had granola and full fat greek yoghurt was delicious! Lunch is a salad (the Sun is out) and dinner is spag bol.

Have a good day everyone, enjoy the Sun if you have it ☀️

Day 4 London FD
    Day 3 NFD

Busy day yesterday helping elderly friends and having to deal with NHS pressure to discharge a frail elderly gentleman. What does a 20 something therapist understand of the life and needs of a 92 year old chap who has been unwell and is the main carer for his 90 year old bed bound wife? Amazed as a therapist myself of the lack of understanding and empathy for this gentleman’s situation and lack of apparent desire to help meaningfully. I understand the pressure ward staff are under and how often their hands are tied. As a strong defender of the NHS it is so sad to see our great NHS and its staff handcuffed in being able to follow their professional instincts and dancing to the tune of discharge co ordinators and the pressure for beds. Sad to see, rant over!

Food wise, again no time to eat until the evening which was spent catching up with another friend over a Chinese meal – ate mindfully, yeah!

@michelinme – I can tell my ‘fat suit’ is shrinking. So glad I took body measurements as I’ve just found out I have lost 5cm off my waist and my big boobs are shrinking, but I still look pregnant, just not 9 months!

So many posts it’s difficult to keep up with them all even after a day or so off line, just goes to show how marvellous and important this growing supportive circle of friends has become.

Thanks to all that clarified pocket list etiquette – I shall round up and add where appropriate.

@metatauta – hope your car woes are fixed soon, thank goodness for those special people in our lives.
    OH cardiologist thinks stress in itself doesn’t cause high BP but is due more to unhealthy lifestyles we might adopt when stressed, I think medically opinions are mixed on this, is it a chicken and egg situation?

@missybear – ditto the H2O and well done with your maintaining.

@rainbowsmile – hope you are feeling brighter.
    Many thanks for for all the detail on your various types of fasts and how it works for you. Did it take you long to work out your routine?
    I seem, after 3 months of doing this to be doing NFD x3 then an FD followed by 2B2 FD’s. This seems to fit in with the general ebb and flow of my life right now.
    I’ve struggled finding the right foods on FD’s and initially craved carbs so saved up my calories and was rewarding myself at the end of the day with a fish finger sandwich! Don’t know why fish fingers as I haven’t eaten them since childhood!!!! These cravings seems to have disappeared and I now manage most FD’s with veg soup. My carb cravings are in check unless I eat them, so like an alcoholic I just have to avoid or eat them in an environment where I can’t over indulge (common I think)

I like this WOL but I haven’t found it easy. I’m learning all the time about me and my body and how I relate with the world. Mid life crisis in full flow and I’m determined to not be held back anymore by stupid stuff – amazing what fasting can do to change your perspective on life!!!!

Happy birthday @strawberriesandcream and to all the recent birthday girls.

Has anybody got shares in magnesium oil??? Just bought two for my mum and daughter who both suffer dreadfully with sleep problems.

Have a great day everyone.

Ta x

FD Pocket List
    @ktcaroline
    @dingping

Day 4 – Iceland – FD

Just a quick check in to add myself to the pocket list:)
    Have a great day everyone!

FD Pocket List
    @ktcaroline
    @dingping
    @borealis

Day 4 Lincs, UK. NFD

Hi all, good luck to everyone on a FD today.

I had my 7th FD yesterday and I’m 5 and a half pounds down in just over 2 weeks so really pleased with my progress so far. Also in it for the health benefits, I’ve struggled to control my eczema since the New Year so hoping this will help in some way. I’m already trying to improve my gut bacteria by making homemade kefir and red sauerkraut. Strangely enough also avoiding water helps alot, showering I mean, not drinking it 🙂 I’v never heard of Magnesium Oil so will look into that abit more, thanks for the info.

Enjoy the sun everyone if you’ve got it. still abit cloudy here but hopefully will improve for my day off on Sunday.

Day 4, USA, FD

Good morning! Adding to the pocket list…

@ktcaroline
    @dingping
    @borealis
    @onlyhermes

Have a great day everyone! 🙂

Day 4 UK NFD

Weekly weigh-in shows 1lb loss since last Friday, plus a whole inch from each thigh!

Both weight and fat suit shrinkage seem to move in non-linear ways – the important thing is persistence when it seems there’s no progress. We can’t always see what’s happening under the surface and, like gardening, sometimes there’s nothing to see and then it all blossoms at once 🙂

Reasonable FD yesterday tho prob too many brassicas – what with that and the glutenous sandwich on Weds I’ve woken up with a hugely distended abdomen. My gut bacteria are next for attention once I’ve got sleep sorted! Slept really well & deeply for the first time this month after an epsom salt bath. Today I’m going to make some magnesium oil – anticipating both flaky feet & prune hands 🙂

SO looking forward to sunny weather this bank holiday weekend, although there’s tons to get done. I’m going to make some time to enjoy breathing deeply, feeling the warmth of the sun on my skin and listening to the birds. Small pleasures, deeply felt.

@angielu @merryapple wonderful results, well done
    @cornish-jane looking forward to hearing your experiences with jackfruit – they sound amazing and look so ugly, I’ve been waiting to try them for a while

Words of wisdom from @dingping:
    “I like this WOL but I haven’t found it easy. I’m learning all the time about me and my body and how I relate with the world. Mid life crisis in full flow and I’m determined to not be held back anymore by stupid stuff – amazing what fasting can do to change your perspective on life!”

Start where you are, use what you have, do what you can – wishing all a happy Friday 🙂

Day 4 Stevensville Maryland USA CNFD

Today was my first weigh in on maintenance, happy to say no weight gain, stayed the same weight as last week. I did 16:8 everyday with on FD Thursday. Today is the start of my three days in a row of CNFD’s. Plan to stay under my TDEE’s.

The best preparation for tomorrow is to be your best today. Have a wonderful Friday everyone.

Day 4 – UK – FD

Just managed to catch up with some posts…. WOW everyone is so busy!

Had a good first FD of the month and on to my second… all good so far… just eaten for the first time at 14:00hrs and plan to eat my next meal at about 19:00 then that’s it for today.

Adding to the pocket list…

@ktcaroline
    @dingping
    @borealis
    @onlyhermes
    @toddybear

Have a good day everyone!

Day 4 North Canton OH, FD

I started this week at 162 pounds, stepped on the scale this morning and down to 159 pounds. Happy to see that. Tomorrow is NFD and a Saturday, so my challenge will be mindful eating while enjoying a treat or two but not going overboard and undoing all the hard work this week; so my sentiments exactly @coda

@dingping I agree with you; fasting does change your perspective on life. Something about delayed gratification and increased self-control – I guess; I am no expert. I know that I do not have the same relationship with food that I used to have. I reached my goal weight so fast last year that I went a little crazy after about not caring what I ate because at the back of my mind, I was so sure that I could just stop eating and get back to goal weight. Eating to TDEE never crossed my mind, I just ate, ate and ate like there was no tomorrow. Well it doesn’t work that way, the garbage in garbage out rule still applies. I want to take great care of the body that was given to me because to whom much is given; much is required. So much self – reflection, LOL did not mean to ramble.

@edzeko I have always been a morning workout person too, and like you I was losing my mojo for waking early to workout. Well, so thankful for my then 12 year old daughter (now 13) who suddenly decided she wanted to work out in the mornings with me; and now when I do not feel like going she makes me. Nothing like an angry 13 year old hissing in your face at 4:30 in the morning” wake up, it’s time to go” to put the fear of God into you. Needless to say I am thankful for her, and always glad after we are through – Nothing beats those morning post workout endorphins.

@wixvix and @Emma1202welcome to the group and welcome to the May challenge

@merryapple Congrats!!!

@ktcaroline take heart, most of us have been there, done that. It’s not failure if you keep going

@flourbaby I remember when the bag of cashews would have been a bag of something refined-carby so progess!

Adding myself to the pocket list, not too many of us fasting today it seems:
    @ktcaroline
    @dingping
    @borealis
    @onlyhermes
    @toddybear
    @basyjames

Have a wonderful Friday and a great weekend. See you all Monday 

Day 4, Surrey (UK), FD, Fast Strength and Fast Fitness
    Day 3, NFD, rest day

Confession time: I missed out on my planned Fast Exercise session yesterday. Lesson learned: in future don’t write my intentions! We all know where the path strewn with good intentions leads…However, have made up for it with a good gym session today.

Weekly weigh-in showed steady state at 165lb this morning. This time I think it is explained by food in transit, as I’m still struggling with occasional lazy bowels. Also my FDs are out of sync after a brief few days away, and am fasting today instead of yesterday. Hoping to lose at least 1lb in time for my holiday next week!

I have enjoyed reading everyone’s posts, and appreciate the ongoing support which really helps to keep me motivated. Thank you.

One more name for today’s pocket list:
    @ktcaroline
    @dingping
    @borealis
    @onlyhermes
    @toddybear
    @basyjames
    @fatfingers

USA Day 4 FD

Just checking in! On my way out to hit that little white ball around the golf course again! I will be back later to read and respond to all these wonderful posts! I am in dismay right now! Even though I know it’s my fault, I have gained some weight back!! 🙁 Some may be water weight because I’ve been eating too much salt lately! Nevertheless, I am doubling down! Be back later and everyone, have a great WOL day on this plan! I will be thinking of all of you on the golf course! 🙂

Day 4- NFD- Uk

Stay focused, stay focused, stay focused . And repeat.
    Tough week at work and the lack of sleep is playing on my appetite ( and not in the good way). Yesterday was a FD and it went well, at the exception of water intake ( was way below my 8 glasses).
    Still no change in weight- 68.2. Sigh, sigh, sigh.
    So far my exercise routine has not been great either, more precisely it was non existent!
    Trying to distract myself by writing this!
    And stay focused, stay focused, stay focused.
    Xxx

Day 4, Essex, UK, FD.
    Day 3, NFD (Ate just over my TDEE)

Afternoon all,
    Today is the 1st fast of week 3 for me and my 7th fast altogether and so far I have lost 10lb. I have a long way to go but its a good start. Burger in a bowl for dinner tonight, bringing me in at 480cals.

Adding myself to the pocket list (good luck everybody)

@ktcaroline
    @dingping
    @borealis
    @onlyhermes
    @toddybear
    @basyjames
    @fatfingers
    @abop

Day 4 – Raleigh, North Carolina USA – NFD

Thank you for the warm welcome @michelinme @at and @metatauta! I have to admit that seeing everyone’s location has been a fun tidbit. I’m still trying to read through all the posts to “meet/get to know” everyone and understand the pocket lists.

Happy birthday @Strawberriesandcream!

Yesterday was a FD and I added a 1.5 hr workout 20 hrs into the fast (1hr walk and 30 min of strength). I had heard that the human growth hormone peaks after 16 to 20 hrs so I wanted to see if I could get a good work out in at that time. And it worked! I actually felt great both physically and mentally, and I wasn’t too cold last night going to bed. I know it’s silly but I’m so happy about it! We’ll see during the next FD if this is the key to my not freezing all the time on those days, but I’m feeling optimistic.

The scale rewarded me with a 2 lbs drop this morning, but I have learned not to trust my weight after a fast. Somehow over the next couple of days of NFD, I always manage to regain some of that weight. Do all of you also regain a pound or 2 on the NFD or is it just very individual? Ultimately I get about .5lbs loss most week but the variation within the week are crazy. Can I be part of the tortoise club? I feel that’s where I belong 😉

Day 4, Finland, NFD

Hi everyone! I have had a monumental step backwards in April, enjoyed food and alcohol just a little, March good work totally erased! But, I am back, trying to find a good path to be on.

Brief intro: I am 45, about 25kgs above my healthy BMI and a tried and true yo-yo dieter.I am hoping I can make 5:2 the basis of a healthier lifestyle. I am mindful of getting older and want to prevent as much as possible chronic diseases such as diabetes cardiovascular disease and as much as i can cancer. Weight loss and feeling better in myself is a welcome byproduct. While hanging the way I eat, I want to change, or start exercise. I started in December 2017 this WOL, but have pretty much been 1 month on, 1 month off. This is my on month 😉 I will try to stand on the scale just twice a month….first and last day!

My goals for May is to get back on the wagon! Rejoining the slow and steady tortoise club! Want a loss of at least 1,5 kg…I have a week away for a wound conference next week so won’t be fasting. Want to get jogging too, have a 10kn at the end of this month which i haven’t done anything about yet!

Thanks @michelinme for hosting this month.
    @snowflake56 i think you are spot on about sticking to the basics, nothing to fancy on FD. YOu have a great success story, congratulations!
    I am not going to be able to catch up on all the posts up until now, but will try and read and log in everyday. It really does help to keep on track when you read everyones successes and realize you are not alone in your difficulties.

Off to a night shift! Good luck everyone, may the scales always be in your favour!

Day 4 – USA – FD

@AngiLu, very good dispatch 5.5 lbs. in 2 weeks! @basyjames, looks like we are the same weight…what is your height and are you near your goal weight, if you don’t mind me asking? @abop, good job! @emma1202, I hereby dub thee fellow Club tor-twah participant.

Adding myself to the pocket list today:
    ding myself to the pocket list (good luck everybody)

@ktcaroline
    @dingping
    @borealis
    @onlyhermes
    @toddybear
    @basyjames
    @fatfingers
    @abop
    @metatauta

Day 4 USA (Utah visiting) NFD

Celebrated with a beautiful dinner out last evening, nice glass of Pinot Noir, and ice cream. Glad I don’t celebrate every day!

Happy birthday @strawberriesandcream! May it be a terrific day for you!

Onward and downward.

Day 4 – SW WA USA – NFD

Hooray it’s Friday! Will plan to keep mindful. I agree with the comments that FDs really are helping to change my relationship with food and more. @emma1202 yes, weight does fluctuate throughout the week for most of us; as long as the trend is downward we’re happy.

@Strawberriesandcream – Happy Happy Birthday!
    @snowflake56 – thank you for the encouragement!
    @michelinme – what are brassicas?. You are so right that we can’t always see what’s happening under the surface. Thanks for the reminder.
    @basyjames – sounds like you had a great week!

Together we can do this!

Day 4, Gozo, Malta, cd

Happy birthday 🎂 strawberriesandcream. I hope you’re enjoying the day.

Day 4. Wisconsin, USA

NFD

Yesterday’s FD got a little off track at the end of the day. I didn’t have a good plan for dinner, and that’s where I went wrong.

Happy almost weekend to you all!!!

Day 4 UK NFD

Busy day today but I managed to get my workouts done & got over my 10,000 steps so now I can chill and relax for the rest of the day. 😁

second post

@metatauta, good catch! At 5 feet 8.5 inches and my current weight of 159 pounds, I am technically at a healthy BMI. However, the weight I am most comfortable at is 153 pounds. So my happy weight range (and goal) is 153-155 pounds. You?
    @kerryn nice to meet a fellow Hunger Games fan I see!
    @emma1202 I have also noticed a slight rebound on the scales after NFD as well, which is why I prefer to focus on the trend not the actual numbers
    @mychoice7 we are all in this together, and the scales will favor you soon.

That’s it guys – I am out till Monday. My very best to you all 🙂

Day 4 North Wales NFD

Happy birthday 🎂 @strawberriesandcream x

Day 4 – USA – FD

Second post: @basyjames, you’ve got 4 inches on me! I’m 5’4″ and I still cannot figure out what my body fat is…I have a WW scale, and it says 35.7! My ideal weight for my height is 120-145, but I would look very wrinkly at any of those weights. As someone else said “I want to be fat enough to look good” — (I’m almost 64). I’m currently 159 and I can already see that another 9-10 lbs. may age me, so I’ll see as I s-l-o-o-w-l-y decrease how wrinkly I’ll get!

Day 4, UK, NFD

Yesterday was a good FD, and this morning I saw 500g loss on the scales, felt wonderful 🙂 . I know it probably wont stay like that but from previous experience I know that once you see certain weight and you continue doing what you were doing it will come back and become permanent.
    Such a beautiful day today, so sunny and pleasant ☀ , so I decided to do my garden, and spent all day in it 😀 . I also bought a bird feeder for the first time, the one that hangs from the hook, put it out and not a single bird noticed it all day 🤔.
    However, one squirrel has because when I looked earlier it was hanging of the feeder , honestly 😐 .

@strawberriesandcream Happy Birthday 🎂 🍾 , I hope you have a wonderful day 😊

@merryapple I like and agree with what you said, keep going and the tide will turn 🙂

@dykask 1/3 the way to your goal is really great, stay the course 😀

@flourbaby that is one great CT (Club Tortoise) quote 😎

@missybear glad to hear your maintenance is going well, keep going 🙂

@ccco try to remember that weight fluctuate, so don’t be so hard on yourself, just reset and carry on 🙂 , hope you are enjoying your golf and winning 😉

@mychoice7 one of those days I see 🙂 , stay focused and stay strong 💪

@emma1202 I think most of us experience the similar fluctuations in weight after a FD and during the NFDs, I just monitor overall trend, if its downward its good 🙂
    And welcome to exclusive Club Tortoise 🐢

Welcome back @kerryn73, and welcome back to CT 😉

@edzeko it happened to me couple of time that I was stuck on my FD for ideas what to eat. Planning ahead helps, as well as eating as late as possible on FD 🙂

Hope everyone has a great weekend! 🤗 😀

Day 4 second post

@metatauta i just saw on the spreadsheet that you’re almost my twin! I’m 5’6″ so halfway between you and @basyjames. I’ve got a small frame underneath this fat suit (wrist =5.8″) so my idea weight is 120-133lb, allegedly 😀 I can imagine I might look pretty scrawny, but I’m thinking 133-140lb might be there or thereabouts

@emma1202 i’ve just hit 155lb for the 3rd time in 12 days and hoping it’ll stick this time! Sometimes we bounce a bit before we settle down and claim a weight, and sometimes we’re losing inches even tho we’re not losing weight. The body is an amazing machine, and will be doing something even when you can’t see it – interesting post about this here
    https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/really-no-weight-loss/

@mychoice7 Stay Focused! Great to come and post when struggling – hang in there. Drinking water is the Best Thing Ever & seems to make all the difference. When we’re not getting water from food we need to drink more than usual and it’s pretty common to find ourselves upping intake by 0.5 litre or more on a FD.

Day 4 NFD Oregon USA

Just a quick check in today. I’m doing well on the LCHF plan. Was down .5 from Monday this morning, but have only just started this additional strategy and don’t think I stayed to 500-600 calories yesterday.
    Am curious to see what Tuesday morning looks like after a full week on the LCHF.

Thankful for all of your posts–I know I’ve been a bit AWOL lately, and quieter than usual but I’m reading your words and it keeps me going/positive.
    And many times just LOL’ing.

Have a great weekend everyone!

USA Day 4 FD
    Second Post

Just a quick check in! Did my personal training and play golf, so have had plenty of exercise today! I went a little over my FD allotment of calories due to an unexpected lunch with my golf buddy, so tomorrow will be a FD keeping within my 500 calorie allotment. I hope everyone did well today and happy birthday strawberriesandcream! 🙂 Thank you for the encouragement, ShinyThing. My next goal is to stay on point. For some reason lately, I am great all day until evening and then I fall apart. Today the kitchen closes at 6 p.m. Hope everyone has a great Friday evening in whatever you do. I will be thinking of you all!

Day 4, Brighton UK, NFD

Very lazy tired day. Set up my course files for one of my courses took hours. Not very good, that wasn’t even the downloads or print offs.

It’s going to take forever and that’s without the studying. Feeling quite overwhelmed by it. So ate too much.

Bah, comfort eating, didn’t exercise but did do washing in the interim. Have at least 5 hrs of ironing. Where do the clothes come from?

Moan, grumble, grumble, grumble, complain

#overeaten #toomuchtodo

Today is another day!

V

Day 5 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Goodness, am I the first poster of Day 5? All our Southern Hemisphere buddies must be busy bees this Saturday morning 🤗

Off to work soon, another busy day today with this product launch but at least today we will have all our part timers in so hopefully it won’t be so manic 😀

The wonderful warm sunshine has not yet materialised and there is a fog rolling in from the Hill of Tara, hope it’s gone by this afternoon when I plan to totally chill and relax in my garden. DH has gone off on his motorcycle to watch a road race in Nothern Ireland so he went off like a happy bunny this morning. Nothing like the promise of summer to bring out good feelings and the pursuit of pleasurable hobbies ☺️

@rainbowsmile Hugs, you will be fine. Take some time for yourself 🤗
    @shinything I have a bird feeder but if I forget to fill it for a few days the little guys take their time coming back to it. I find morning and early evening to be major feeding time and I often have a variety of starlings, tits, chaffinches, loads of little brown jobs, the occasional pair of doves, Ravens, rooks, and they all disappear when the crows arrive. I have it though that the crows can’t hang off the feeder so they eventually give up. I like crows, just not on my feeder. I love the entertainment provided ☺️

Have a great Saturday everyone

Day 5 – Japan – NFD 81.8kg

Big gain when I consider that my weight on the morning after a NFD is about where I was getting too a couple months ago. My weight loss is slow because losing weight isn’t my focus, losing fat is. Unfortunately I’m at a point where quick weight loss translates into lean body mass loss. So I rather slowly lose, gain muscle mass, lose fat mass and maintain the improvements rather than just get my weight down temporary. In fact I can easily get down to 75kg, I did it before by water fasting for 7 days. However I won’t be able to hold it. So I would rather go down one or two kg a year and be able to maintain it for many years.

Lately I’m often finding new veins as fat layer under my skin gets thinner. I’ll have to stop at some point as too low of fat isn’t healthy either. Mainly I’m trying to greatly reduce the fat around my middle. Kind of a common place for men to hold onto the fat.

Day 5, Newcastle UK, FD
    Day 4, Newcastle UK, NFD

After a wonderful birthday, and several meals out leading up to it, the scales are showing a massive gain this morning but I’m not worried because I know that two good FDs will undo a lot of the damage.

Thank you for all the kind birthday greetings – I had a lovely day playing in our garden and a great night out with friends. Unfortunately I did NOT step away from the cake and wine lol!!

Tomorrow morning we head down to Dorset for the week, staying with friends. We’re all agreed on having a sensible week as all four of us need to shift some excess baggage. They just got back from a week in France.

I won’t be checking in again until we return next weekend – so I’d like to wish you all the best for a great week. And remember…..

“Nothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘I’m possible’!” – Audrey Hepburn

Day 5 London FD

@rainbowsmile, sorry you have lost your smile and life is a bit Blah at the moment, take care.

FD pocket list
    @strawberriesandcream
    @dingping

Day 5 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

Enjoying a mindful weekend 😊
    Keep on keeping on everyone.

Day 5, London, UK, NFD

The less said about yesterdays’ NFD the better (AGAIN!!!) Today is a new day, so Onward & downwards!!!

@dingping, loved your post, I had wondered when the FF sandwiches would lose their appeal, I still find myself craving things I haven’t had in decades, maybe it’s the resetting of the tastebuds(?) But I found my way to FD soups in winter and salads in summer ………………… keeping it simple!!! No shares in magnesium oil (I wish), but I do make my own, I buy the flakes from amazon, then just add to hot water with some MSM powder(skin tightening!!); I store it in a glass bottle and refill my spray bottle as & when needed.

@basyjames, you’re so right, that handful of cashews was calorific, but so much better than the usual ‘I can’t stop eating’ pack of malted milk biscuits!!!! Also, I’m calling all nut consumption part of my experiment into the theory about our ‘nut loving’ gut bacteria as @dykask mentioned.

@fatfingers, I’ve had the lazy bowel situation this week, and headed for the psyllium husks straight away …………….. once again, all is right with the world (well my bowels anyway!!)

Welcome back @kerryn73, completely changing a lifetimes worth of eating habits is going to take a looooong time, that’s why we’re members of the tortoise club (Club Tor-twah)!!!!

@mjrbcd44, I hope you get your LCHF reward on Tuesday morning!!!! The accountability of this forum has kept me on track with a few minor detours here & there, so take your time & stay in touch; we’ve got your back!!!!!

@strawberriesandcream, I love, love, love your optimism!!!!!!!!……………. “We’re all agreed on having a sensible week” …………..on holiday? in Dorset? With fellow foody/wine-y friends? ………………………ok then!!!!!!

I really hope this weather lasts ……………….. you get a heck of a lot of lettuce & cucumber for so few calories, perfect FDs & NFDs ahead!!!!

Day 5 Belfast NFD (Long post)

It’s good to see so many new faces here. I have grown to cherish the support of my international friends and my journey has been all the richer for the love and support given here. It makes you realise that wherever you are in the world, the struggles, trials and tribulations are just the same. I can attribute the introduction to my life of magnesium oil and B2B fasting, water fasting and the re-introduction of milk kefir (Bulgarian); the reduction of carbs, alcohol, and SUGAR…(still a work in progress). I have learnt to savour my mouthfuls,understand that comfort eating does not make any problem better, improve my self control but above all, to love myself for what I am. I’m more at peace with myself, so from the bottom of my heart, thank you all.

@dykask – you can be our poster boy! Wise words ‘So I would rather go down one or two kg a year and be able to maintain it for many years.’ I’ll second that!
    @bert1802 have a great holiday!
    @ktcaroline – I’ve started cooking my own Indian food in a bid to cut down on cals. It makes it more guilt free!
    @michelinme – I love clearing g out the wardrobe It always feels so positive. Like many here, I’ve started decluttering. I guess it’s no coincidence that it’s called ‘spring cleaning’!
    @kaywesterman – do you earn a living as an artist? One of my goals for retirement was to take up the paints again. Still to get there!
    @ Cornish-Jane well done on your weight and inches loss
    @flourbaby – your booze self control is shining through. Go girl!
    @missybear great job maintaining
    @dingping – we had a similar problem with OH’s elderly aunt. They discharged her from hospital after major surgery to an empty house (she lived alone) and when challenged, they ‘thought’ someone was at home to help. Well done on despatching your inches.👍
    @basyjames – 4.30am? That’s early!
    @abop what a great start you’ve made!
    @emma1202 I do strenuous swim class on a FD and I find I’ve lots of energy. If I swim the morning after a FD sometimes my energy levels drop a bit but I enjoy exercising in that ‘empty’ feeling. Yes, my weight goes up a bit on a NFD and I think the key is to watch the cals on a NFD. NFDs at the weekend are my downfall!
    @kerryn73 press that reset button and start again!
    @metatauta – sadly the first place I lost weight was my face so the wrinkles have become part of this WOL lol!
    @mjrbcd44 are you following g a particular plan or just cutting the carbs?
    Chin up @rainbowsmile!
    @shinything I have a feeder too -we used to have a robin and blackbird which fed on our step. In fact the robin came indoors sometimes and would eat out of your hand. The puppy put a stop to that!
    @strawberriesandcream have a great holiday.

Sitting in my caravan on the north coast. 12000 steps done on a beautiful beach yesterday and now off to do the same today, then a bit of retail therapy in a GREAT shoe shop! Yes, @ daffodil2010 I hope the sun comes out!

Was I a bit premature in congratulating your self control Flourbaby 😂?

Day 5
    2nd post

@debster251 – my worst fears happened, he got discharged Thursday and was re admitted yesterday, being unable to cope. Thankfully he has gone to a local community hospital where I know he will get loads of TLC. Shame he had to go through what he went through but thankful no lasting harm.

@flourbaby – I did think just writing about FF sandwiches would make me crave them but no, I must be over that one, phew!
    Keeping it simple.
    Ta x

Day 5 UK FD

I’m having an extra fast day today as I succumbed to period munchies yesterday and went overboard with the chocolate. I was like a woman possessed consuming any sugary treat I could find. Feeling very meh today as a result. ☹

FD pocket list
    @strawberriesandcream
    @dingping
    @sarahbob

Day 5, Gozo, Malta, nfd

It’s lovely sunny weather here in Gozo, Malta. On the beaches there are people swimming already.

I’m having chicken with roasted onions for lunch but had one gozitan spicy cheeselet (100 calories) already plus a couple of white coffee and a piece of wafer which I offered to my granddaughter but didn’t want.

This evening will be half a pizza and I look forward to it. I’ll look forward to a glass or two of sparkling Asti tomorrow during lunch time.

I need to step up my exercise as at the moment all I do is run after my grandchildren. It’s becoming too hot to go walking
    except early morning or in the evening.

Have a great weekend everyone. Onwards and downwards.

Day 5 – UK – NFD

Great flight back yesterday, eventually getting home around 5pm – managed to stay awake until about 10pm, had a good night’s sleep waking up twice but got back to sleep fairly easily. Woke up refreshed this morning and first weigh in post a month’s holiday = Wt – 53.9kg/118.8lbs – BMI: 20.4 very happy with that 😇
    Having not fasted over the past month I’m planing on getting back into the swing of things with a FD on Monday!

@daffodil2010 – I did – thank you. So glad to hear your business venture is going great – I’m going dry for a week after a lot of 🍷and 🥂over indulgence over the past month – I think I should give my poor old liver a bit of rest……
    @flourbaby – you “fell head first into a bag of cashew nuts!!!” comment resonated with me – I did the same on the 2nd leg of my flight but with warm mixed nuts that Emirates serve with a few glasses of bubbly – they were so moorish – so yesterday ended up being a bit of a feast day but I did not eat anything else for the rest of yesterday after landing at 1200hrs
    @missybear – Well done on reaching maintenance- Great Job! Personally I found having a bit of wriggle room works well – my initial target was 55kg but I find myself sitting between 53 and 55kg and normally just under 54kg
    @floridafun – 👍 on that 3lbs eradicated
    @dingping – I’m with you about the NHS – having worked there all my life until retirement it is so sad to see the increasing pressures colleagues have to work under
    @angielu – Wow 5lbs gone in 2 weeks – well done – keep keeping on!!
    @michelinme – love how you look at both weight and fat suit shrinkage on this journey ☺️
    @diana123 – well done on that first weigh in on maintenance 👏
    @ccco – don’t beat yourself up too much – we all have ups and downs – stay positive and motivated and you might be surprised to see what happens over the week……
    @abop – congratulations on that 10lbs loss 😇
    @kerryn73 – hello and nice to hear from you again – stay with us and you will find motivation to carry on with your journey in this WOL and as you said just stick with the basics!
    @songbirdme – I do love a good Pinot Noir too – whilst in Australia I tried a Central Otago Nanny Goad 2016 and it was scrumptious – if you come across it give it a go – the 2017 was not as good!!! they make a Super Nanny one which is apparently even better….
    @rainbowsmile – sounds like you need one of these 🤗
    @dykask – can I ask how you measure your body fat? I understand a DEXA scan is the most accurate and most other methods are variable to say the least……what are thoughts on this?
    @Strawberriesandcream – good to hear that you had a fab time for your birthday – enjoy your break down in Dorset – looks like you are in for some good weather too ☀️

It’s a beautiful spring day here, blue skies and sunshine so I’m off for a walk – have a pedicure booked for around 3pm so plenty of time to get around 5miles done before that…….

Have a good weekend everyone wherever you are in the world and whatever your are doing – enjoy life and make the most of each day as this is not a rehearsal……..“Stay committed to your decisions; but stay flexible in your approach.”

Day 5, USA, CD

Good morning everyone! I am happy to report a pound and a half down on the scale. Yay! @emma1202, try not to be bothered by the up/down of eating and fasting weight, as long as your trend is down. I do ADF and weigh-in every morning so my tracker line looks like a downward moving zig-zag. Nevertheless, I know it’s mentally bothersome, so this month I’m trying something new and weighing in every morning but only logging new lows on “down” days. It was a suggestion I found on this forum and so far it has helped. 🙂

Congratulations @angielu, @floridafun, @abop and everyone else who is hanging in there on this journey. Congrats also to @missybear and @diana123 and all who have crossed over into maintenance. You are all such an inspiration to me. Thank you everyone for continuing to be such a positive influence. 🙂

Enjoy the weekend!

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 1,075 total)

You must be logged in to reply.