MARCH 2018 – MONTHLY CHALLENGE

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
MARCH 2018 – MONTHLY CHALLENGE

This topic contains 1,160 replies, has 90 voices, and was last updated by  metatauta 6 years ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 1,162 total)

• 2nd post

Feeling better with a lot of reiki and self healing and meditation. The mind is our best healer and I know I can heal myself. The pain is now confined to a small spot in my abdomen, so hopefully gone soon.

I am drinking tons of water and detox tea with turmeric and fennel. I do believe I have realised what the problem is…I have felt like this before but never as bad……

I think I am intolerant of garlic 😨😨. If I have garlic bread I often feel a slight burning in my guts the following morning. However, as said garlic bread is often accompanied by wine I thought it was just overindulgence. But this weekend I overindulged on the garlic. Leg of lamb on Saturday liberally dotted with slivers of garlic and rosemary, garlic roast potatoes …..I felt unwell yesterday. Then last night it was a bruschetta and spaghetti carbonara, more garlic, and this morning I felt so nauseous, lethargic, bloated, and can still taste the garlic 😳

I am going to take it out of my diet and see how I get on.

So far the LFD going well, cabbage soup made for work tomorrow and plan to be in top shape by the morning.

@metatauta Barry’s tea and Lyons tea are the big Irish tea brands, not sure if you can get Lyons in the US though? I know whenever I visit my sister I am ordered to bring over Barry’s tea from home 😄

Day 5 – SW WA USA – FD

Along with a few others, weekend indulgences, though enjoyed, are needing to be reigned in. My body needs a break from feasting so the FD is welcome!

@daffodil2010 – I don’t know about life w/o garlic. By taking it out, you’ll learn what your body needs. Maybe just less of it?

Remember that together we are stronger!

Day 5 UK FD
    Day 4 NFD
    Day 3 NFD
    Day 2 NFD

TL:DR So wonderful to catch up with posts after weekend’s silent retreat; not without challenges but I’m really glad I went. Ate some sugar, not too much.

The downsides were: the blizzard on the way down & problems on the way back; being snowed in the house for the whole weekend – with central heating set at least 5C hotter than my normal, not enough water to drink, and the presence of tempting food. Being part of a group of 25 started off being a heck of a challenge but became a welcoming community.

We stayed at a wonderful retreat house in the middle of a city with spacious rooms, lovely food and a chapel. I spent time listening to talks, following guided meditations, attending services & singing, using oil pastels (first time since childhood!), reflecting, resting and writing prose poems. Somehow my voice – my thoughts – switched off too. It has given my soul some breathing space & reset something deep within. I’ve brought something of it back with me, but not sure what it is yet.

Being carefully catered for as a gluten free vegetarian meant being grateful for what I was given, living with the gaps and trying not to make too many unwise food choices. After all this time I’m kind of amazed at how much carb is in the average diet, and how much white stuff people eat – potatoes, bread, rice. I don’t think I’d realised how particular my eating pattern is until I encountered all this carb and sugar and realised most people thought it was really healthy food!

I skipped breakfast to create more time for myself and to stick to 16:8. I succumbed to a total of 6 biscuits – 3 not gf!, two slices of pizza, two small roast potatoes, one wholemeal seedy roll and a small portion of ice-cream. It could have been a lot worse! I slept like a log, got back into early bed times but couldn’t do early mornings cos i was too tired from all the moving around and sitting up all day – again, I don’t realise how much i depend on transition times, on living a rhythm of life that works for me with plenty of breaks and rests.

I’ve come back with my fat suit a little reinflated but amazingly still the same weight – phew! Really glad to ahve resisted the call of sugar during the awful journey home, and hoping some good FD and CD this week will get me to a good place physically. Thank you @at for adding me to today’s pocket list, delighted to be in such wonderful company – we are a force to be reckoned with!

@strawberriesa&cream hope your foot is on the mend at last – what news?
    @borealis @at @ccco thank you for good retreat wishes, I certainly feel blessed and more peaceful 🙂
    @lindasue belated Happy Birthday – sounds like a lovely day
    @basyjames very best wishes for your new home
    @emmataylor you make retirement sound very attractive! and I think we might be neighbours 🙂
    @ccco congratulations on the weight loss; I hpe your power is restored and you are warm again
    @debster251 i love your phrase “you don’t get what you wish for, you get what you work for” and @mjrbcd44‘s “old ways don’t open new doors”. Thank you both for inpsiration 🙂
    mogaman I’m so sorry for the sudden loss of Gabriel – as your dog, your precious support and your companion
    @cornish-jane you so often inspire me with your dedication, determination, adaptability and stories of your journey. I love to read your posts and imagine you in cornwall which has precious memories for me. My late godfather was a priest there and I spend many happy times visiting him; he was the last person left who treated me as a “child” and i still miss his unconditional guiding love. But I’m left with a deep love and connection to the place and the people and am always rooting for you.

I’m trying not to get overwhelmed with the things I’m behind on, or where I feel under pressure of time and people, and focus instead on preparing for what I can, including wrapping presents for my daughter’s birthday tomorrow. Really looking forward to some precious hangout time together

Right now I’m off for to get results of MRI and find out if i need surgery or some other treatment for my broken wrist. it’s pretty sore now and getting sore-r with the passing of time so I’m hoping for some helpful answers.

PS to those who’ve frustratedly lost posts when posting – I always copy mine just before posting so if it disappears I can just paste

Day 5 North Wales FD

Very successful FD today

Adding myself to the list
    TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER
    @snowflake56
    @annemarilyn
    @kerryn73
    @cornish-jane
    @debster251
    @ktcaroline
    @lindasue – starting 3 day Fast
    @diverdog – 2nd day of 5 day Water Fast
    @pashaw
    @anna6
    @merryapple
    @mjrbcd44
    @camcd
    @bigviking
    @suresh3101
    @catch87
    @daffodil2010
    @fatfingers
    @saffy420
    @bert1802
    @fivetwofan5252
    @scribbleartist
    @shinything
    @toddybear
    @beachgurl62
    @califdreamer
    @ccco
    @coda
    @mari84
    @michelinme
    @mishty
    @missybear
    @basyjames LFD and first of 5B2B
    @diana123
    @molij

Together we are Stronger 💪💪💪💪💪💪💪💪💪

Day 5, London, UK, NFD but very CD!

I’ve been so busy today, I’ll break my fast in about 1/2 hour. so it’ll be a 23:1. It could be a FD but I’ve an avocado that has to be used which in itself pushes me over FD allowance.

I’ve only managed to read a few posts, so catching up tomorrow at work(!!).

@cornish-jane, the ‘quick-fix’ always looks more appealing than the slow and steady tortoise path most of us are on, I started this WOL as a gazelle, dropping 10, 6, 5lbs monthly, with what felt like very little effort, then it all slowed to a snails’ pace or altogether and the plateau beckoned!!! Having done a juice fast here and there in the past, great for 10-14 days max (for me), I now just incorporate juicing into NFDs as sustained juicing means rebounding for me and the although the light feeling is there, the transition back to ‘normal’ eating means back to bad, bad habits!!! Time really does fly, before you know it, 6 months will have passed and you’ll be soooo far from where you started, you’ll WANT/NEED to continue this WOL!!! Keep the faith!!!

@bigviking, you’re having a bit of a wobble!!! Been there, done that, still getting over it, but re-reading my posts from the beginning REALLY does help, just see HOW FAR you’ve come!!!!!!!!

Keep the faith people, we really HAVE GOT this, not perfectly, but we’ve got it!!!

Day 5, Enden Germany, FD

busy day at work, so not much time to eat, perfect on a FD. I’m just not able to copy the list.

Have a good day/evening everyone!

Day 5 – Massachusetts – FD

I spent the weekend taking a break from thinking about 5:2. My IBS has been acting up and I was focused on cooking/eating meals that would not further upset it and catching up with some friends. I was pleased to see that despite not calorie counting or anything, the scale showed a .4 drop in pounds this morning from Friday! I know it’s not really anything, but it made me feel good about relaxing this weekend.

Today it is back to business! FD going well so far. Hungry, but it passes. Keep on keeping on people!

Adding myself to the pocket list!
    Adding myself to the list
    TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER
    @snowflake56
    @annemarilyn
    @kerryn73
    @cornish-jane
    @debster251
    @ktcaroline
    @pashaw
    @anna6
    @merryapple
    @mjrbcd44
    @camcd
    @bigviking
    @suresh3101
    @catch87
    @daffodil2010
    @fatfingers
    @saffy420
    @bert1802
    @fivetwofan5252
    @scribbleartist
    @shinything
    @toddybear
    @beachgurl62
    @califdreamer
    @ccco
    @coda
    @mari84
    @michelinme
    @mishty
    @missybear
    @diana123
    @molij
    @leggit

Day 5 – Cardiff/Wales – FD

@at thanks for adding me to the pocket list.

Struggling a bit today, feeling really hungry, but managed with just coffee so far. May splash out and have some soup.

Day 5, UK, FD

Its been a good day so far, I don’t even feel hungry even though I’m fasting 🙂

@at thank you for your kind words. My turmoil is to do with some unexpected health findings and I’m struggling to make sense of things 😐 . Also, my mum is not well and that’s additional anxiety. Lets hope for the best 🙂

@daffodil2010 I hope you feel better soon 🤗

@ccco I’m glad to see you going for your yoga, it indicates that things are back to normal after those power outages 🙂

Have a good day/evening everyone and stay strong ❤

Adding myself to the pocket list!

@snowflake56
    @annemarilyn
    @kerryn73
    @cornish-jane
    @debster251
    @ktcaroline
    @pashaw
    @anna6
    @merryapple
    @mjrbcd44
    @camcd
    @bigviking
    @suresh3101
    @catch87
    @daffodil2010
    @fatfingers
    @saffy420
    @bert1802
    @fivetwofan5252
    @scribbleartist
    @shinything
    @toddybear
    @beachgurl62
    @califdreamer
    @ccco
    @coda
    @mari84
    @michelinme
    @mishty
    @missybear
    @diana123
    @molij
    @leggit
    @shinything

TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER

Das 5, Rocky Mountains, US, FD

Putting myself virtually on this huge Monday fasting pocket list. Have to keep away from the nuts. 🐿😊

@at: Lots of skiing around here. Don’t do it a anymore. Too expensive. But I like to hike the snowy golf course at the end of my street. Quite some workout yesterday. My left knee tells me all about it today. 😄😄😄

Have a good Monday everyone! 🌼🌻⚘

Day 5 – USA – NFD

@daffodil2010, thanks for the tip!

I met a gf today; we shopped a bit; she was hungry and we went for a quick bite…I was going to just sit it out and have a beverage, but I felt uncomfortable doing that, so I ordered a grilled cheese…..real white bread, haven’t eaten that in a year and feeling very bloated. Will have to think ahead next time and order something more conducive with LCHF.

Day 5 WFD Las Vegas NV

Day two of my 5 day water fast attempt. Woke up earlier than usual as I always do on a WFD. I’m not physically hungry but the idea of eating really appeals to me!

Day 5, Gozo, Malta, fd

I’m snacking again and ate around 900 calories. Tomorrow Is a fast day again.

Good evening/ night 💤🌙😴.

Day 5 FD Oregon USA

Thank you @at for adding me to the pocket list! I like to sign on early on Monday morning for inspiration and didn’t get there so happy to see my name already and inspired.

@strawberriesandcream and @metatauta–did I say Sun-Thurs dry? OK..well I’m aiming for Mon-Thurs dry…which is still a great improvement for me. Even on FD’s I’ve typically had one light beer so another step in the right direction.

@daffodil2010-sorry to hear you aren’t feeling well. Hope that after all the snow time off and now sick you won’t have a mountain of work to come into to!!

I’m very excited about things happening in my side business and taking a very in-depth course for it right now. Helps me with not eating mindlessly, however my running fell off the radar from weather and this. Too many excuses–just need to do it.

“Old ways won’t open new doors”.

Day 6 Gold Coast CD – 800 cals

A really successful almost LFD yesterday, stayed under 250 cals. Another .7kg gone! I’ve hit my goal weight for Jan 1 – 2 months late, but at least I got there!

I didn’t get hungry, probably helped by drinking lots of water, and cups of peppermint tea. I’ve proven to myself that when I get focussed (ie get my head right) I can do this! The support from the group and the daily accountability really helps as well.

@at yes I’m following BSD as I want faster weight loss. I hit a plateau for the last 3 months, and wanted to kick start again, and it is definitely working with something really positive to focus on (the diet menus and new types of food – I also find having a set structure to follow really helpful).

I’m doing the 800 cals per day, and I’ve decided I’m still going to do the 2 x FD per week as I’m trying to support and motivate my type 2 diabetic OH. He is committed to 5:2, but has also got stuck. He’s not interested in the 800 cals as he thinks he won’t like the food, but I’m finding I’m really enjoying the discovery of new tastes. I seem to have turned some sort of corner where I am learning looking at food as fuel rather than a treat and emotional crutch, and so far I haven’t been hungry. I also find the daily checkin and accountability REALLY helpful with staying focussed. I’m sure it won’t always be so easy, but so far so good!

Day 1 – Cleveland OH – FD

I was surprised how relatively easy it was to fast today. No problem sticking to 500 calories. I fear tonight it may be tougher than during the day. I’m excited for what is to happen through this journey!

Thank you for this forum!

Day 5 Sarasota, Florida CD I had potato chips with lunch but no wine or bread with dinner to stay under 1000 calories for the day. I got myself to yoga this morning but otherwise I’m pretty useless in my grief. It’s only been a week. I realized that I don’t have to get through the rest of my life, just this day that I’m in.

ccco USA Day 5 FD

Wow! What a pocket list! Thank you for adding me. Spent the morning in yoga class, personal training, power walking, and rowing on my rowing machine. I needed to get rid of stress over the fact I was about to start my taxes. Always so annoying! Too bad I gave up alcohol! I could use a glass right now. Will have to respond to posts tomorrow! Have to get back to those taxes. BTW I have had a very successful FD. Good night, everyone!

Day 6 country West Australia NFD
    Day 5 NFD
    Day 4 NFD

Many thanks to all those lovely people who offered their condolences. It does mean a lot to have those lovely thoughts and prayers from around the globe from unseen friends.
    Getting back into the groove of 5:2.
    Going through a semi-veggie stage at present and really enjoying it.
    Had family here over the long weekend and they also commented on the tasty meals ( they are foodies but very healthy)
    I have found that I need to exercise as well as fast to really keep on top of my weight ( I am aware of the many benefits of 5:2 apart from weight loss but that is what I am after at the mo.)
    Thinking of all of you who are coping with freezing conditions. We on the other hand are experiencing heat – 35ºC today and a bit hotter tomorrow!
    Will catch up on all posts later but wishing all a good day.
    Don’t strive for perfection, strive for excellence. Together we CAN do this.😎

Day 5, USA, Missouri Ozarks, FD

Hello all, back to work – back to fasting.

Feels great !

2nd post

Not my best FD. Going to end up closer to 800 and it involved a beer. Yep…not even on my first day of dry. Ugh.ugh.ugh.
    Just trying to rein in the dragons before something else lands in my mouth.

Day 6, NFD, Norway
    Day 5, FD,

A healthy FD (Salmon and carrots), so back to my “stuck numbers”. I keep going between 83,7 and 85,1 …cant seem to get a grip on this. Hopefully when all this snow will disappear soon, there will be more room for outdoor activity, like roller skiing, roller blading, jogging, biking etc.
    Tomorrow Im leaving Kristiansand Norway, going to New York City for a week, then a week in Miami Florida, with a daytrip to Bahamas. I’ve been looking at airbnb, and there are alot of activities to buy…like biking in central park, biking across brooklyn bridge…swimming with piglets etc 🙂 I will try my best to keep most days somewhat CD 🙂

Day 6…NSW Australia…NFD
    Enjoy reading your posts. Hope you all enjoy whatever you are getting up to. Bye for now!

Day 6 – Ireland 🇮🇪 -FD

WArning: long post 😉

Great liquid fast day yesterday, less than 100cals if I count the mugs of bovril and all the various detox herbal teas. I feel SO MUCH better today. All it takes is just one nil by mouth food fast and the burning guts have dissipated. It has got me seriously thinking about my food intake.

Twenty years or more ago I was diagnosed with Crohns Disease. I was quite sick with it for about 4 years, severe diarrhoea, weakness, weight loss, but I was still able to function normally, hold down a job, start building my career. I was taking tons of medication (I remember prednisone as I was on it for ages), yet the Crohns did not clear. Never once was nutrition nor dietary intake discussed with me as a means to resolve the disease. Then, I went off the contraceptive pill I was on as my engagement broke up, and lo and behold, within a matter of weeks the Crohns symptoms got better!!! My doctors told me it had nothing to do with the pill! 😳

So after a few months of feeling well, I started a new relationship, went back on the pill, and BAM, the Crohns symptoms were back. I stopped taking the pill, and all my other meds eventually and Crohns has gone from my life.

However I do occasionally get a small flare up which I now believe is fully nutritionally caused. This is something I want to research, anti inflammatory foods etc, but I am excited at what lies ahead. ☺️

I am relatively healthy eater, cook all my meals from scratch, rarely have white carbs, love fresh vegetables and good meat. BUT, there is a tendency to go overboard on crisps, cheese and crackers at the weekend. I must commit to NO MORE crisps. Cheese only without the crackers.

@mjrbcd44 the good thing about my job in the Glasshouse is that jobs won’t be waiting for me as my colleagues would have to do it. In my previous career, I shudder to think what would be waiting on email for me this morning.
    @maayyaa oh your trip sounds fun. Enjoy enjoy 😎

@diverdog I am interested to see how you get on with the 5 day fast. I am following your other thread. Good luck 👍

After yesterday’s marathon Pocket Fasters I am starting one for today. Who will join me?

******Pocket Fasters Day 6 ……..copy and paste if you want to join************Together we are stronger *******
    @daffodil2010

Day 6, UK, FD
    78.3kg. Great FD yesterday, but 78.3 is not where I want to be on a Tuesday. So although B2B and I don’t have a great history, I’m giving it a go.

Day 6 – UK – Reading – FD

I’m doing a FD again today, a bit like @bigviking I don’t have a great history with B2B (understatement) but am also not where I want to be so having a go. The pocket list so far:

@daffodil2010
    @bigviking
    @ktcaroline

And fancy it being so hot in Australia … 🙂

Day6 Belfast NFD
    Had a successful FD yesterday. WOW! what an epic pocket list that was! How motivating it is to fast knowing that there is this body of people around the world experiencing the same struggles as you. Together we definitely ARE stronger.💪

It’s time I gave myself a talking to. So many of you have hit the nail on the head. The success of this WOL is more about the NFDs and that’s where I have been falling down. Cake and eat it comes to mind. Well, I can’t. That’s why I’m on the plateau. That’s why I’m a tortoise🐢. I only have about 10 lbs to lose and if I bit the bullet, that could be gone by the summer. So it’s time to stop hitting that snooze button. Here goes….

And are the scales kinder now @ fat fingers lol?!
    @penz – one of the only downsides of being retired is while you miss hat Monday morning feeling, you also miss that ‘yay, it’s Friday and the weekend’ feeling!
    @daffodil – feel better soon. Have you looked at the healthy gut diet? You might find some useful information there.
    @michelinme – your weekend sounds a dream. What an opportunity for mindfulness, creativity and healing.
    @shinything – wishing you strength in dealing with your problems

Off to Pilates with renewed vigour,

You don’t get what you wish for … You get what you work for.

Day 6 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

@maayyaa enjoy your holiday.

I need to get outdoors today, it was non stop heavy rain yesterday so I was stuck inside again so I’m desperate for fresh air. I appreciate living by the coast as I love the sea breeze, food for the soul.

Yesterday’s FD was a good one, now going to have some fruit, nuts and Greek yogurt for breakfast.

Good luck to the Tuesday fasters.

Day 6 Newcastle UK NFD 🇬🇧.
    Good fast day yesterday but need a good week not a good day. 🤔

Day 6, Newcastle, NFD

@daffodil2010 – Sounds like you just had too much garlic rather than an allergy. I remember doing the same thing when I was younger and would choose everything with garlic at the pizzeria – garlic bread, garlic king prawns followed by tuna and garlic pizza, then wake up feeling very ill. Garlic is so good for our immune system, it would be shame if you weren’t able to eat it again.
    @metatauta – well done on beating the beer dragon 🙂 How are you getting on in general – your comment about the tea reminded me of recent developments?
    Your weekend sounded a lot of fun and very beneficial @michelinme – despite your travel issues. My foot is coming along very well thanks, no pain at all but being sensible and wearing the boot every day. We’re away to a 3 day country music festival this weekend – I’m tempted to wear my western boots as we will be taxi-ing in and out with very little walking. Needless to say, I won’t be dancing.
    @mjrbcd44 – I had totally forgot I have two GFs coming for supper tomorrow night. I would like to think I can stick to my plan by drinking AF wine & beer. I’ll let you know on Thursday morning how I fared.
    @maayyaa – best wishes for a fantastic holiday!

Scales are down again this morning by 0.6llb. I don’t think it had anything to do with having my hair cut very, very, short yesterday!

One pound at a time….

Day 6, Hampshire, UK – CD

With my holidays in mind, I am going to make today’s NFD into a CD.

Will try to make it a low carb day too…..

FD tomorrow!

Day 6 UK CD

Yesterday’s FD was fine at just over 600 calories. I had a couple of cups of hot vegemite during the day, a bit too much black coffee, plenty of water and a delicious supper of brown rice, quorn chicken with loads of paprika & spinach followed by fat free greek yogurt, cacao & honey – yum! It’s the first time I haven’t relied on my usual “fast food” of defrosted stew, and shows me I can make some quick FD meals with what’s in the house. Great to feel more comfortable and less restricted.

So I’ve torn the ligaments in my wrist and need to wear a splint for the next 8 weeks or so while they heal. MRI also showed significant osteoarthritis of the joints in the wrist and hand, so plenty to get my head round. And I’m on antibiotics for a dental abscess which popped up yesterday morning – no wonder I was feeling rough over the weekend. Some good self care needed for a few days – and a dentist appointment!

Today’s my dd birthday and we’re getting together for lunch and a couple of hours hanging out together. I’m hoping she’ll be happy to eat at mine before going out for a good charity shop browse and coffee on the common, keeping my calories down. Feel as tho I could sleep for a week right now and haven’t even begun to tackle emails and project work, and it’s a really full couple of weeks now – ulp.

Good luck to everyone today whether on FD, fighting dragons or keeping up motivation – we have your back!

Day 6…..Florida…..NFD

Had a relatively good day yesterday, made a few changes that seem to help. Now, I’m hoping I can stick with these changes.

Yesterday, I was a bit over my 500 calories but I guess that the way the cookie crumbles.

I did want to update everyone….On Feb. 14th, it was the start of the Lenten Season. As my sarafice, I choose to give up soda and all forms of sugary treats, this also included the ones that consider themselves healthy.

These two small changes have made an impact on my WOL……..
    Now, I’m not saying to give anything up as I did but to think about what small changes you could make that could potentially give you the greatest return. As I look back, I can see what a difference just a few weeks with out these has done for me.

Sometimes the smallest of changes can have the biggest impact.

Well….I’m off….. another day of being an adult must comenence……..

When someone yells stop, I Don’t know if it’s in the name of Love, it’s hammer time or I should collaborate and listen!

Day 6, London UK, FD

Looking forward to my B2B2B this week, For once, I don’t need to repair ‘weekend’ damages, but I could do without the angst associated with ‘choice’!!!! It really is easier when you know exactly what you can have for the day, no quibbles, no indecision…………………. I had a large salad yesterday and it probably took me ½ hour to decide whether cheese was a good or bad idea!!!!!!! NFDs are proving to STILL be tricky!!!!! I was worried the floodgates might open, but as it was a 23:1 day I should have just relaxed a bit!!!!

Good luck everyone, Happy Fasting!!!

Day 6, Surrey (UK), not sure if it’s a FD or a CD!

As an experiment, I decided to continue yesterday’s FD into this morning. I’ve just done a HIIT gym session in a fasted state, and surprised myself by doing it!! Still not feeling hungry, which could be due to appetite supressing effects of exercise.

Think I’ve experienced a ‘whoosh’ moment. This is probably due to the psyllium husk having the desired effect. Need I say more….

Oh yes! Scales are vanity, 5:2 is sanity! Best not forget that, folks!

Day 6 USA (Illinois) FD

Snow again last evening, so rewarded myself for making the drive home from choral rehearsal with sugar. Doing my 1 FD per week today. Might need another one later this week.

@daffodil2010 – what a relief getting most of your Crohne’s in check. I cannot imagine how that must debilitate you.

@fatfingers — love the “sanity” that you quote! Yeah for 5:2!

Joining the pocket list today:
    @daffodil2010
    @bigviking
    @ktcaroline
    @songbirdme

Onward and downward.

Day 6, NFD, US

I feel for you Daffodil. A good friend of mine has Crohn’s, but for her, it was all about diet from the get-go. She was lucky to have a doctor (or nutritionist? Can’t remember now) who helped guide who through the foods that triggered a flare-up. She can’t digest dairy or gluten so now avoids all those things.

Day 6 Stevensville Maryland USA CNFD

WOW thanks to the pocket list I was able to have a great 40 hour fast day yesterday. I went from Sunday night until noon today.

It was so tempting to step on the scale today as I feel lighter. But knowing I would have to be accountable here today, I stayed off the scale. Huge for me.

Today I will be keeping my TDEE’s at my goal weight, thanks to @at.

I might not be there yet, but I am closer than I was yesterday. Have a great day/night everyone.

Day 6 – Iceland – FD

@bigviking and @ktcaroline – good luck with your B2B! You can do it!
    @maayyaa – god tur!
    @daffodil2010 – Fantastic that you are med- and Crohn’s-free! I am excited to follow your discoveries regarding anti inflammatory foods 🙂

***Pocket Fasters Day 6***

@daffodil2010
    @bigviking
    @ktcaroline
    @lindasue
    @flourbaby
    @songbirdme
    @borealis

Day 6: NFD.

Woke up and weighed and haven’t lost anything despite a pretty good FD yesterday. I guess this isn’t normal for a beginner! Not sure. I also was very constipated yesterday and hadn’t “gone” in 2 days so reckon that probably contributed somewhat though?! Sorry for TMI haha.

Anyway am gearing up for a healthy week. It’s hard in the Netherlands where all my colleagues eat sandwiches (we make them together ourselves with various shop bought processed foods of course). I’m starting to introduce healthier items into their lunch diets though – started today by cooking a big pot of quinoa with raw vegetables and feta. It went down well!

Good luck to everyone fasting today!

Day 6 – USA – FD

I meant to fast yesterday, but with several meetings and the accompanying assorted goodies I feel off the FD plan. Today’s a new day. Love the flexibility of this WOL.

After seeing references here to the Blood Sugar Diet, I checked the book out from the library. Interesting reading. I think I will try to do the combination BSD and 5:2. I think it will make me a lot more aware about the food I eat on NFDs.

I love the quote that I read somewhere on these boards that “Hunger is your fat cells screaming”. I’ll make them scream today!

***Pocket Fasters Day 6***

@daffodil2010
    @bigviking
    @ktcaroline
    @lindasue
    @flourbaby
    @songbirdme
    @borealis
    @hyacinth

Day 6, Rocky Mountains, US, CD

ccco USA Day 6 FD

I am so busy that I haven’t had a chance to read any posts today! 🙁 Thought, however, I would just check in. Today is my second fast day and I am doing well, everyone! We all don’t have our electricity yet but we are awaiting snow! Ugh! March came in like a lion, so it had better go out like a lamb!

Maayaa! Wonderful trip. You will be flying into my hometown, NYC. You will, however, fly into snow. While that might put some breaks on bicycling, you will have the opportunity to watch with amazement to see how the city gets rid of sow! They use heavy equipment to shovel the snow into dump trucks and then the snow is driven out of the snow. Some of it is dumped into the two city rivers! Enjoy!

Daffodil: My sister had Crohns Disease. She was told stress caused it. I don’t know if that is what they say today but I also saw it more recently as an autoimmune problem. I don’t know but I have read so much about fasting and autoimmune diseases. I hope fasting helps you. Besides helping me lose weight, I am also hoping I will have that benefit, too, for my autoimmune problems. Good luck!

Day 6 – SW WA USA – NFD

Actually may go for another FD but don’t want to feel the pressure to do so. Playing a mind game with myself 🙂

@Maayaa – have a wonderful vacation!

Day 6, Albuquerque, FD

Day 6 – USA – NFD

@daffodil2010, I agree it may just be too much garlic, not an allergy. @Strawberriesandcream, thank you for your post…can you get with JJ our tech guru and arrange a private chat? I’d much rather keep my posts about 5:2 and light-hearted stuff, if you don’t mind. I almost made the decision to cut my hair very short too, but I decided to take a step back and reconsider. Hope you’re happy with yours! @michelinme, hope your wrist heals – ouch for your double whammy. Tooth problems are not fun.

Day 6, Las Vegas NV WFD

So I’m in uncharted waters as I head into my 3 WFD. The longest I’ve done before is two days. I had a slight headache last night and I got up earlier than usual but otherwise no physical issues. I’m not physically hungry today but I do want to eat!

I had a huge test last night as my OH’s daughter & hubby are in town and they brought my favorite pizza to the house. Plus the OH baked my favorite Indonesian tapioca cake! I sat at the table and had a glass of seltzer water. But boy did it smell good!

As I observed the last time I did the two day WF the second day made a huge difference in fat burning. My blood ketones went from 0.4 to 3.9mmol

Day 6, Emden Germany, NFD

2nd post

Uh oh! OH decided he needed a pint. Enough said. Never mind, tomorrow’s a new day. @diverdog – you have my utmost admiration!

Viewing 50 posts - 251 through 300 (of 1,162 total)

You must be logged in to reply.