MARCH 2018 – MONTHLY CHALLENGE

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
MARCH 2018 – MONTHLY CHALLENGE

This topic contains 1,160 replies, has 90 voices, and was last updated by  metatauta 5 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 1,162 total)

• Day 4 – USA – NFD
    Second post: @Strawberriesandcream, I’m with you on the dry Sun-Thurs. Perhaps knowing we have the same goal will help the both of us! Anyone else?

Day 4……Florida…….NFD

Good Morning Loves………
    I’m so enjoying my weekend off, finally managed to get all my household chores done.
    And good news, my bestie and I booked our rooms for a weekend away in April. Our birthdays are three days apart, so we always do something fun together. This year we are going to Savannah, Ga to walk the Garden of Good and Evil, do a ghost tour and eat at Paula Deans restaurant.

Food wise, I didn’t do to bad, ended up having pizza for lunch but evened out at dinner with a nice taco salad. I forgot the tortilla chips, so I saved myself some calories. I guess forget something’s sometimes isn’t a bad thing.

@ccco…..Where in the states are you? A small town near my hometown in NY lost electricity because of the storm and they are saying it could be up to a week before it’s restored. My niece has a 8 month old grand baby, so they decided to take a impromptu vacation a warmer climate cuz the baby just cried and cried because they had to put so many layers of clothes on her to keep her warm.
    I hope your electric stays on and you stay warm!

@cornish-jane……..I feel your anguish, I was there too when I first started. I wanted it all gone, and right now! So, instead of trying some quick fix, I just added another FD and then a strict 1200 calories on NFD. What I came to realize is that all though I did lose weight, my inches never budged on a quick system. So while I dropped a few extra lbs, I was still the same clothes size. So, I went back to the original way. So, here is what I found, yes, my weight loss was slower but my clothes size was shrinking.
    I even plateaued for 4 long long months, but in those 4 months on plateau mountain, I dropped the most inches going from a snug size 12 jeans to a lose 9.
    I also came to the conclusion that the scale number didn’t matter as much as what size jeans I was wearing. Now, I go out I no longer have to search for my size cuz it’s sits right out in front waiting for me to grab it. This put me in my happy place!

So, I’m off…… they are doing a live Grateful Dead concert on XM radio this morning. So, I’m going to switch that on and get my windows cleaned!

When someone yells stop, I don’t know if it’s in the name of Love, it’s hammer time or I should collaborate and listen!

Day 4, Rocky Mountains, US, CD

Lots of new snow ❄❄❄ and still snowing heavily. My poor crocus. I feel like winter comfort food.

@mogaman: I am so sorry and sad about Gabriel. Sending you many big hugs.❤🐕

Have a good Sunday everyone! Stay safe!🌼🌻⚘

Day 4 – UK – NFD

A jam and cream scone dragon unexpectedly reared it’s delicious head yesterday morning which derailed things a little but as mitigation I have decided to have a ‘good’ day today – Sundays tend to be very ‘traditional’ in our house with breakfast and then a ‘decent’ roast dinner which includes Yorkshires and lashing of tasty home made gravy – but today it’s been breakfast and then home made soup later with a visit to our local for a catch up with friends… sounds good.

@mogaman – sad to say feel your grief – they say that the pain in grief is a measure of the love and care we have felt in life and I know how much a beloved dog becomes a member of the family. For all sorts of reasons we have yet to replace ours but he’s still in our hearts and very fondly remembered.

Day 4 Belfast NFD.

Enjoyed too much wine last night so feeling a little jaded and lamenting the silly food choices that accompanied the indulgence. 😣
    @mogaman – I’m so sorry to hear about your furry friend. Having had our collie cross for 3months, I can’t imagine a day without her. Sending you ((Hugs))
    @cornish-jane The trouble with ‘diets’ is that, as so many people have experienced, they offer a short term quick fix but the weight goes back on too easily. Try reading @fatrabbit’s journey – she lost an amazing ten pounds a month for ten months. Perhaps you could get some inspiration from her. Don’t give up. This WOL really works.

It’s raining, and I never thought I would be pleased to see it, but I am. Hopefully it’ll wash away the pile of snow in our drive. If not, I’ll have to shovel a path tomorrow.

You don’t get what you wish for … You get what you work for!

Day 5 NFD Oregon USA

Wow…and just like that we are already on day 5. The month got started but evidently I missed the memo. 😉🐢
    @cornishjane–ohhh your words were mine. I feel so childish to have stabs of jealousy/envy. And guess what I even get them from you!!😊 I remember saying to you shortly after we both started that we were similar sizes, had a similar end goal and you galloped off ahead of me. I want it all gone yesterday….and I have been way too laxidaisical to expect better results. Visiting my friends this weekend (women I have known for 40 years!!) And one has been doing weight watchers for the last six months and has lost 25 pounds. Made me realize I have been treating NFD’S as permission to eat anything I want and really not sticking to lower TDEE very often. At any rate…if you listen to @simecoluv and even @bert1802 above it’s really all about calorie restriction. So…. I am starting anew on Monday to be very conscious of everything I am putting in my mouth.

To that end @metatauta and @strawberriesandcream I will be trying to join you for M-Th dry days. This would be a major step for me. (Yes I know that’s a bit pitiful but a daily beer or wine has become standard).

Another note from my time here in Seattle. Went to the British Pantry and saw wine gums and jelly babies!! Not at all what I was expecting. Why in the world do they call them wine gums?? They aren’t shaped like 🍷 glasses–which is what I imagined.

Off to Comicon with #1 son today. Hopefully can get a book signed by one of my favorite urban fantasy authors. 📕

@daffodil2010–thinking of you and hoping you get warmer weather soon.
    @mogaman–very very sorry for your loss. I can’t imagine the circumstances but it sounds horrible and I am praying for peace and comfort for you.

“Old ways won’t open new doors.”

Day 4, UK, NFD

@mogaman I’m so sorry to hear about your beloved Service dog Gabriel, may he rest in peace. Loosing any pet is terribly traumatic since they are part of our family, but Gabriel being a Service dog on top of that adds extra sadness 🙁 . My thoughts are with you.

@cornish-jane stick with this 5:2 if it works for you even if its slower its still much better and more sustainable long term. You know that in your heart 🙂 . Stay strong.

And stay strong everyone 🤗

Day 3 – Cardiff/Wales – NFD
    Day 4 – Cardiff/Wales – NFD

@mogaman sorry to hear your sad news about Gabriel. Many of us are animal lovers, but a service dog is extra special.

Thankfully our snow is finally thawing, youngest daughter had 2 snow days and there was far too much temptation to eat ‘nice things’. Eldest daughter is off to North Wales on her physiotherapy placement, so pleased that the weather has improved for her 3 hour solo drive. At 19 she’s never driven so far alone so relieved there’s not the additional challenge of bad weather to contend with.

Like many, a FD is planned for tomorrow and as I tend to do liquid days I enjoy the simplicity and a day off from thinking about what to eat.

Day 4 North Wales NFD

@mogaman So sorry to hear about your beloved dog. Our Welsh Collie is our baby. We were devastated when we lost our last collie. Even though it was 6 years ago we still miss her and feel sad whenever we look at old photos and videos of her. Sending you hugs 🤗.

@cornish-jane hang in there, this way of life is not just about weight loss, the health benefits are enormous too.

ccco USA NFD Day 4

Hi everyone! I am happy to say I’ve had two successful FDs and NFDs, especially since I wasn’t sure what would happen with the winds again. Fortunately, we didn’t lose electricity, even though I noticed the government has some generators attached to the traffic lights. I guess they have more work to do. I have lost a little over 4 lbs. already! I am psyched! I am on a roll and hope I don’t lose control!

Mogamon: I am so sorry for your loss of Gabriel. May he rest in peace! I lost my last family pet in 2010. He was 20 years old! I’ve always had many furry friends. Now I babysit my furry grand pets. Sending you hugs!

Bert: I was in Baltimore! I have homes in NYC, where I am from, and Baltimore, where my husband is from. We are back to normal, thank God. 🙂 I feel sorry for your grand baby! It was tough!

cornish-jane: I also feel your anguish! I messed up in February because I was sure I could find a quick fix. Everyday it seemed I was reading of a new plan that could speed up my weight loss! Outcome: I gained! 🙁 Now I am determined to stop experimenting and stick to 5:2. Hurray! I am down 4 lbs. With patience, 5:2 works! Stay strong!

toddybear: I was thinking scones for St. Pat’s Day but no alcohol! A cup of tea will do just fine! At least for this year! 🙂

To all those of you who have mentioned it, I still don’t know what a wine gum is! LOL

Day 4, Emden Germany, NFD
    Day 3, NFD

@mogaman I’m so very sorry you lost your beloved dog, my heart goes out to you. Take care of yourself.

@cornish-jane please be patient, you know 5:2 works, you didn’t gain the weight overnight so it will take a while to get rid of it again.

@coda how is your son doing?

@ccco what a terrible time you had, hope it doesn’t happen again.

@emma taylor well done on the dress, be sure to try out the swimsuit under the shower, jersey can get wider when wet and heavy, does it have elastic in it?

@at you really think about everything! Only 5 days to work, not much work to do anymore but a lot of patients are coming in to say goodbye, so that’s nice.

The weather was lovely today, went out in the garden at 8:00, wanted to cut away someathing that’s called bridal vale over here, it gets in everything and ties everything together. It comes from the neighbours, the gardener there only does the lawn, so I decided to cut it myself. It’s the last weekend we’re allowed to cut the hedges so I also freed a 15 meter long stone wall from ivy. The birds don’t breed in it, we have 3 cats in the neighbourhood. One of the patients thought of a really good present for my husband: horse manure, he asked me to cut the roses. I didn’t know we had so many, half of them dead. I think they all have to go, Emden is not a good place for roses. It took me 7 hours to make the garden a mess, it will take even longer to clean it again. Well, in one week time I’ll have all the time in the world!. I’m very tired but very satisfied, I hope I can move tomorrow.

Pocket list Day 4, if you want to join me, please copy and paste and add your name to the list

@snowflake56

Have a nice day/evening everyone!

2nd post of course it shoud be the list for tomorrow, sorry.

Pocket list Day 5, if you want to join me, please copy and paste and add your name to the list

@snowflake56

Day 3 and 4, USA, Missouri Ozarks, NFDs

First of all, so sorry for the loss of your service dog, mogaman. So sad.

______________________________________________________________________________

Having a wonderful weekend, complete with a surprise party (which wasn’t annoying at all, had a wonderful time – thrown by my friends at a restaurant on Friday), From my hubby, I got a great new hot pink tablet with attachable (by magnet) keyboard – 11.5 inches, can use a wireless mouse which I love – and a cute cover. I am typing on it and love it – will save me dragging my laptop back and forth to work (I am allowed to use my own private computer in my free time). He also gave me a beautiful aquamarine cross to match my other birthstone jewelry given in other years.

Had family over yesterday and we had a big dinner and two birthday cakes. Got a lot of nice gifts from them including a beautiful rosebush that I plan to plant in front of the breakfast nook window as soon as I feel it is safe to do so. We had a big Yahtzee marathon – I finished second!

Ate a lot, didn’t exercise as much as I normally do – and loved every second , feel totally confident that my three day fasts beginning in the morning will

reset my body quickly. That is the beauty of this plan.

To your health, all.

Day 4, CROATIA, FD 800

I ate lunch 8 hours ago. I was little hungry but I am drinking warm tea now. It really helps.

Little about me: I have 13 lbs to lose but stubborn ones and I had so far weakest will. I have hard time resist to cravings. I will try this time hard.
    Question: do you check in everyday, this is also my first monthly challenge in anything 😊

Day 4 – SW WA USA – NFD

So enjoying this weekend – more sunshine than a long time! @mjrbcd44 – glad you found some sunshine up in Seattle as well.

@ccco – am planning to check on your suggestion of the ‘peanut’ for my foot.

@dingping – yes the achilles injury isn’t any fun. the deep tissue massage sounds good. The chiro/massage office I go to has also been adding some cold ultrasound to the achilles earlier and more recently to the metatarsal area. For the last 1 1/2 years the injuries seem to have dominoed through the body, beginning with my right foot, then knee to left hip and then knee and then left achilles and most recently the left metataral area. This weekend I saw some inserts advertised on FB and am wondering if they are as wonderful as advertised. I have recently invested in a couple of inserts with metarsal support and they do seem to assist with the healing. Does anyone have input on the insert idea?

@EmmaTaylor – from what did you retire?

@mogaman – so sorry for the loss of your service dog. That’s rough & only 4 yrs old.

@snowflake56 – I’m glad that the patients are coming to say good-bye. It’s nice to be appreciated!

Pocket list Day 5, if you want to join me, please copy and paste and add your name to the list

@snowflake56
    @annemarilyn

@

Day4, Finland, NFD
    Day 5, Finland, FD

Had a successful FD on thursday and managed to not go crazy on the weekend…looking forward to scales and another FD tomorrow.

Lots of motivational stories…. this struck me from @coda…I am not a ‘F…….’ I am me and if I think I can – I will. I am very quick to tell myself how bad, stupid, fat, lazy etc I am, and need to turn it around. I have got myself an encouragement book, and this line would fit right in it. If it’s ok @coda could i use it as this months post ending motivation?
    Wonderful to read of successes with this WOL…if we just persevere it can be done!
    @mogaman sorry about your service dog, while i don’t have any fur babies of my own i know they are an important a part of our lives, and especially so as a service dog. Hugs to you.

Hope everyone has survived the storms and snow. Hopefully now coldness will start to retreat and we can start to think bout spring. The days are getting longer here, the first tangible sign of spring despite the cold and snow on the ground.

Pocket list Day 5, if you want to join, please copy and paste and add your name to the list

@snowflake56
    @annemarilyn
    @kerryn73

Have a great Monday everyone!

I am not a ‘F…….’ I am me and if I think I can – I will.

Day 4, Gozo Malta, nfd

Tomorrow is a fast day for me. Today I enjoyed wine and chocolate.

Good night 😴 🌙 everyone, stay strong.

Day 5 – NZ – FD
    I know we’re 12 hrs ahead of Europe but I seem to to be a day ahead of myself… According to my posts this is my 2nd Day 5…
    @cornish-jane. I checked the spreadsheet and you are lighter than me! I can’t quite grasp concepts like maintenance but nor do I need to at this stage. I’m focusing on the 5kg dress size changes so at the moment I’m heading towards 85kg then I’ll refocus to 80kg. Hope that helps.

I noticed that not many people have filled in the February spreadsheet losses. Would be great to do and see how as a group we are doing. 😀

Beautiful day here today. A wee bit cooler. Perfect for a walk to the beach then along the cliffs. I know it’s Monday morning but I’ll start working a bit later!

@snowflake56. Thanks for the good advice. I will take a shower in it. What if it goes transparent? I’d better check!!!!
    @annemarilyn. I was a jeweller, then an art teacher, then I worked in gifted and talented education. All really enjoyable jobs – but I hate having a boss, and I especially hate doing things just because someone somewhere has to tick a box!! Everybody hates that, but unfortunately education in the UK ( and probably elsewhere) isn’t much to do with good teaching and is more to do with data collection. Poor kids. How dull. So I was thrilled to retire, and I’m learning lots of things I didn’t have time for before. Spoon carving, dowsing, machine embroidery, appliqué, painting and decorating, website building, lots of watercolour painting, sewing. You name it!!!
    Fasting tomorrow. Today!! It’s late. Night night all.

Day 4 Sarasota, Florida CD Thank you all for your condolences- they do help.

2nd post…

Clearly traveling has me off my game and a little ahead of schedule. Today is Day 4. Sunday. So…I can start over on Day 5.🤣

Will be a FD. Yep.

Day 4, Las Vegas Nevada WFD

Started my five day water fast last night at 10:00 PM. Today has gone effortlessly. I feel good not eating after a bad couple of weeks triggered by a 10 antibiotic course.

Day 5 Gold Coast FD

A great day yesterday, I find I am really enjoying the BSD recipes. Thanks for the encouraging words from those of you who do this too. So today was apple, pear and hazelnut yoghurt for breakfast, it was really yummy and very filling, under 200 cals. I won’t have anything else except herbal tea and water (lots of water!) until tomorrow morning – feeling great so far!

Day 5…NSW Australia…NFD

Day 5, Cornwall UK, FD

Thanks for the encouraging words to keep going – it helps! Its Monday, its Fast Day and what else am I going to do? I think I might be trying too hard as I am a month into giving up dairy food and its difficult! I miss my earl grey tea which doesn’t taste the same with soya milk. But I really want to do this and want to stay strong. 💪

Pocket list for fasting today!

*cornish-jane*

Day 5 Newcastle UK FD 🇬🇧.
    My March challenge starts as of today.
    My whole routine work and diet was all over the place last week. No excuses now.

Day 5 Belfast FD

Three days ago, there were snowdrifts bigger than 12”. Now the snow has nearly gone. What a crazy country! Glad to see it go though.
    BIG reset (again😞) and stop kidding myself. That wedding gets nearer…..

Pocket list Day 5, if you want to join, please copy and paste and add your name to the list

@snowflake56
    @annemarilyn
    @kerryn73
    @cornish-jane
    @debster251

Stay strong everyone. Together we are stronger!💪💪💪💪

Day 5, Newcastle, FD

1.1lb down this morning – and the snow is melting – hurray!

@cornish-jane – I always thought Earl Grey Tea was served with a slice of lemon and no milk. As of yesterday I have stopped having tea and coffee with milk and am drinking herbal teas and Redbush (as part of my FC experiment). That’s going to be saving me about 140 calories a day if nothing else.

All the best everyone – let’s have a good week.

Day 5, UK, FD
    79.6 kg. I managed to crash another FD yesterday and ended up eating and drinking too much.

Pressing the re-set button today. And will also take a couple of weeks off the booze. March 20th will be my 1 year anniversary for this WOL and I want to be a few kg lighter than this!

Day 5 – UK – Reading – FD

Just one snow day was enough to upset everything. I over indulged over the weekend and put on quite a bit – undoing all my good work in February. Back to it today, and adding myself to the pocket list.

@snowflake56
    @annemarilyn
    @kerryn73
    @cornish-jane
    @debster251
    @ktcaroline

Day 5 Leeds , UK FD

Snow days and misty conditions didnt help. So tucked in home over the weekend. Hoping this week will be good to kickstart March.
    Good luck to everyone.

Day 5, Amsterdam, NL – FD.

Down 2kg since I started 3 weeks ago so that’s nice. The weather has also finally warmed up here in NL – it’s been -6C on average for a couple of weeks! Now it’s a tropical 7C.

Going to the cinema tonight to see The Shape of Water, have not eaten today so going to try and get through the whole day without and then I can have a small popcorn (according to MyFitnessPal it’s 370 calories in a buttered one)!

Thank you to @at and everyone else who suggested some ways of getting through holidays – really helpful and I will follow your suggestions!

Day 5 – Ireland 🇮🇪 -FD

Still lots of snow outside but the neighbours banded together yesterday and cleared the road. Great community spirit has been shown all around during these enforced snow days.

I am off work sick today. My insides feel they are on fire. I am not going to eat a thing, drink lots of water and herbal teas, and hopefully my digestive system will calm down. I wasn’t helping by snacking on crisps and wine during the snow days but today I knew I would not be comfortable in work feeling like this 🙁

Day 5, Surrey (UK), FD

Bought some psyllium husk from the health food shop in our local village a few days ago. Had to trudge 3 miles through snow to get there – so got a good workout in the process!

All I can say is…..Aaaahh! That’s better now!

Adding myself to today’s pocket list.
    @snowflake56
    @annemarilyn
    @kerryn73
    @cornish-jane
    @debster251
    @ktcaroline
    @fatfingers

Day 5 UK FD

Hi all, joining in for March – @at I don’t use the spreadsheet so no need to add me. Last week was really bad, I hit a real low (mood wise, not weight wise 😀). I came down with yet another cold (number 4 in 3 months). Plus the weather – we came home from our planned week away on Tuesday as the road leading to our cottage was almost impassable by then. So we retreated to Cheshire where we had absolutely no snow at all all week. It was so cold – It was comfort food all week – with hot puddings included. I’m with you @cornish-jane – was feeling very fed up and just wishing myself in another body.

Anyway it’s Monday and I know I won’t get where I want to be on my own. So I’m holding out a thumb, hoping the wagon will stop and let me onboard again. Firmly resetting today and back to basic 5:2 – it got me to over 50 lb lost so why mess with what works.

@mogamon, I can’t imagine how you’re feeling. Sending you condolences and a virtual hug.

Day 5…..Florida….. FD

Ugg, it’s Monday again, not looking forward to going to work after such a wonderful weekend, but I guess that is what being an adult means.

@ccco…..my hometown is Western NY, we moved to Fl. About 11 years ago., but very thankful, we are no longer living in the snow belt. My prayers to those who are suffering because Mother Nature decide to come in like a lion!

I guess, I should start moving forward…. Monday’s is going stick around a lot longer if I don’t get out of bed!

When someone yells stop, I don’t know if it’s in the name of Love, it’s hammer time or I should collaborate and listen!

Day 5, UK, Hampshire – FD

@mogaman -I am very sad and sorry to hear about your dog. They are so terribly short-lived anyway which is heart-breaking in itself, but even sadder when that is cut short. Sending virtual hugs…

Only managed 2 x FDs last week when I really wanted to achieve 3, but will try to get 3 in this week. My holiday looms!

So adding myself to the pocket list

@snowflake56
    @annemarilyn
    @kerryn73
    @cornish-jane
    @debster251
    @ktcaroline
    @fatfingers
    @fivetwofan5252

Day 5 – UK – FD (much needed!!!)
    Day 4 – Feast Day!!!!

Good morning all – had a bit of a disastrous weekend with both food and especially🍷………so joining the pocket group with a much needed FD today – may even do B2B but not sure yet…..

No snow left around here, some rain and temperatures above zero now – Did manage to do a lovely 5mile/8km hike on Saturday afternoon but that would not make a dent in my weekend’s food/wine consumption so I’m also joining @strawberriesandcream @metatauta and @mjrbcd44 on the dry Sun-Thurs. 🍷is my 😈

@markie99 – sounds like you had a lovely family weekend
    @metatauta – I blew my whole weekend too – so join me with a RESET today???
    @ccco – hope your electricity is back on and your home is warm and toasty again – not much fun with no heating when it’s freezing 😒
    @shinything – hope all is well and whatever is causing you to “I’ve been having a bit of a turmoil” is easing off x
    @emma-taylor – Sounds like you enjoyed your sewing session – I’m no seamstress – can only manage to sew a button back or put up a hem – anything else is sent out – my sister is like you in her sewing skills. I retired 4 years ago and have never regretted it – I’m healthier, happier and certainly thinner and fitter now than I was then ☺️
    @mogaman – So sorry to hear about your service dog Gabriel – such a loss for you as with your health issues he would have been a great support 🤗 Stay strong x
    @camcd – good luck with the BSD – Am I correct in assuming you are doing this as you want a faster weight loss? Which model are you following (1)The BSD Fast 800: Fast and effective (2) The BSD 5:2: More flexible with intermittent fasting. If you are following the (1) 800cals a day for 8 week programme then you don’t need to do FD as well!!
    @cornish-jane – don’t give up and don’t stress too much – just stick to the basic 5:2 model and watch what you eat on NFD and the weight will continue to come off – As others have said you need to do something that you can stick with as a permanent lifestyle change and yet not feel deprived!
    @bert1802 – that weekend sounds like fun and something to look forward to
    @redrockgirl302 – does all the snow mean that you can go skiing if you can’t go hiking???
    @snowflake56 – I bet the patients will miss you and it’s so nice that they are coming to say farewell and show their appreciation
    @graciamona – checking in daily helps us to keep accountable but is not essential – joining a challenge often helps focus the mind on what you want to achieve and why – you are added to the spreadsheet if you want to use it. You might find the following link by @simcoeluv useful:- https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/the-basics-for-newbies-your-questions-answered/
    @steve-toon-taxi-driver @bigviking – I’m adding you to the pocket list – hope it helps keep you focused
    @catch87 – be interesting to see what you think of The Shape of Water – I see it won at the Oscars – I rather enjoyed it – I saw it a bit of an ill fated love story….
    @daffodil2010 – hope your insides settles down and you feel better soon
    @saffy420 – great to have you with us again – I’ll just allocate you a line on the spreadsheet even though you don’t use it to help me keep an eye on numbers and everyone who has joined……..🤗 I’m adding you to the Pocket List for support today x

To those who had a blow out over the weekend – it happens to us all………..the trick is to firmly press that RESET button with a good FD and move on – remember that a bad day or two does not a bad week make!

Thank you for starting today’s Pocket List @snowflake56 – I’m definitely in and I have added anyone else who has stated an intention to do a FD as TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER
    @snowflake56
    @annemarilyn
    @kerryn73
    @cornish-jane
    @debster251
    @ktcaroline
    @lindasue – starting 3 day Fast
    @diverdog – 2nd day of 5 day Water Fast
    @pashaw
    @anna6
    @merryapple
    @mjrbcd44
    @camcd
    @bigviking
    @suresh3101
    @catch87
    @daffodil2010
    @fatfingers
    @saffy420
    @bert1802
    @fivetwofan5252
    @scribbleartist
    @shinything
    @toddybear
    @beachgurl62
    @califdreamer
    @ccco
    @coda
    @mari84
    @michelinme
    @mishty
    @missybear

“Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow” Albert Einstein

Day 5 USA FD

Hello Everyone, quick check in, adding myself virtually to the long pocket list above, hoping for a successful FD and activities will be teaching my classes and an extra aerobics class today (subbing for a colleague).

Take care, Markie

Day 3, Guildford UK, CFD
    Day 4, centre parcs, NFD
    Day 5, centre parcs, NFD

Very active time, eating healthy and enjoying the swimming.

Still bad chest and mouth ulcers.

Mari

Day 5 Wales FD

@at thanks for adding me to the FD pocket list, its good to have so much company today!

@cornish-jane do you like red bush tea? I find it a much milder flavour than black tea so I can drink it without milk…..calorie free.

Day 5 – Iceland – NFD
    Day 4 – FD

Will be fasting again tomorrow. Good luck everyone fasting today!

Day 5 USA (Illinois) NFD

Will have to fast tomorrow as my Monday is full with things that will require great energy. Weekend was not my best, so I have a couple pounds to remove. I’ve heard it said “easy on, easy off” so I hope to make that happen in the next few days.

Onward and downward.

Day 5 North Canton OH FD

Another Monday morning filled with regret. I want to clean up my diet, I have gotten into the habit of over-indulging in refined carbs and alcohol on the weekend. My fast days make up for it during the week as I am not gaining weight but I hate the bloated way I feel and my abs are not what they used to be.
    When I first got into this WOL I stuck to a low carb high fat higher protein diet and I felt great! I want to get back there again. So my goal is to rest my GI system this week and reset with a clean diet; so help me God. Adding myself to the pocket fasters- I need all the help I can get:

TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER
    @snowflake56
    @annemarilyn
    @kerryn73
    @cornish-jane
    @debster251
    @ktcaroline
    @pashaw
    @anna6
    @merryapple
    @mjrbcd44
    @camcd
    @bigviking
    @suresh3101
    @catch87
    @daffodil2010
    @fatfingers
    @saffy420
    @bert1802
    @fivetwofan5252
    @scribbleartist
    @shinything
    @toddybear
    @beachgurl62
    @califdreamer
    @ccco
    @coda
    @mari84
    @michelinme
    @mishty
    @missybear
    @basyjames LFD and first of 5B2B

Day 5, FD, USA

Didn’t post over the weekend so am in catchup mode. Hope all you snowbound folks have managed to survive cabin fever – seemed enforced confinement was a good 5:2 move for some of you (no food in the house), and not so good for others (not looking at you, @Strawberriesandcream and @at!)

So sorry to hear about Gabriel, @mogaman. Dogs are special enough family members in their own right, but to also lose Gabriel’s working assistance must be a double blow.

Had a weekend of EFS – but a very enjoyable and social one, so I’m not going to kick myself too hard. I’m more than happy to join some of you (@Metatauta, @Strawberriesandcream, @mjrbcd44) on dry Sun – Thurs (or maybe Mon-Thurs…)

Oh! I recall there was quite a lot of discussion about it last month (or the month before) but I finally got around to seeing Murder on the Orient Express. (I know, I’m slow.) And despite all the hype, it did live up to expectations! Quite enjoyed it. Next on the list is the Greatest Showman, but with my track record, I probably won’t get around to seeing it until April!

Your comment, @bert1802, that facing a workday on a Monday is “what being an adult means”, made me laugh. I want to be one of those adults who’s retired and Monday is just another day!! (But my dad always tells me the worse thing about being retired is you never get a day off.)

Day 5 Stevensville Maryland USA CFD 500

Well another week to set my goals. Lose 1lb. and stay off the scale until Friday. I looked at my scale today but did not step on it because I knew I would have to be accountable here today. Reading everyone’s journey’s really helps me. Thank you all for sharing your up’s and down’s.

Adding myself to the list
    TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER
    @snowflake56
    @annemarilyn
    @kerryn73
    @cornish-jane
    @debster251
    @ktcaroline
    @pashaw
    @anna6
    @merryapple
    @mjrbcd44
    @camcd
    @bigviking
    @suresh3101
    @catch87
    @daffodil2010
    @fatfingers
    @saffy420
    @bert1802
    @fivetwofan5252
    @scribbleartist
    @shinything
    @toddybear
    @beachgurl62
    @califdreamer
    @ccco
    @coda
    @mari84
    @michelinme
    @mishty
    @missybear
    @basyjames LFD and first of 5B2B
    @diana123

Go be love the world needs you and have a great day/night

Hello all from NI day 5 FD

My that is an impressive pocket list – sadly 🙁 behind with reading posts but hope all is good with everyone however I saw the post above to @mogaman and I am so sorry about Gabriel. It is not easy no matter what the circumstances to lose a furry friend.

I was looking back and in answer to one of your question @at (unless someone beat me to it) – I only see @ciren2 and @songbird as original challenge members. The first one started as a 42 day challenge with a part 2 added in later possible to bring it to the end of a month – it then morphed into a monthly challenge and the challenges have continued to improve as time has gone by, especially with the addition of the spreadsheet that everyone has access to. Still looking for who started ‘Together we are stronger’ unless I missed the answer to that one too. Must say I have enjoyed reading back on some of the posts and wonder about some of our former members.

Day 5 – USA – NFD
    Surprised myself with a FD yesterday….was VERY tempted to pick up some beer on the way home last night, but thought of my homies who committed to dry Sun-Thurs. and just breezed right by the store, then went home and promptly poured some flavored water and made some cream of mushroom soup from scratch in the crock pot while yakking to a few girlfriends.

Question about good tea: I have been drinking Barry’s Irish tea, either Classic or Breakfast…my OH and I used to order it online, at least 6 or so boxes at one time. Now that I’m on my own, I cannot afford it, and am researching to see if there are any comparable teas out there as far as taste and potency that are sold in the US…..anyone?

Day 5 Atlanta, GA FD
    Day 4 – NFD
    Day 3 – NFD
    Day 2 – NFD

I have put on 2 pounds when i measured myself this morning, may be the effect of having couple of drinks on Friday evening and a piece of cake yesterday. Today is my FD and i had only water since morning, i will save my calories for my Dinner.

ccco USA Day 5 FD

Just thought I would check in. On my way to yoga, so I will have to read the posts later. I see we have some amazingly long pocket lists today! 🙂 Stay strong everyone!

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 1,162 total)

You must be logged in to reply.