Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 11 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 4,551 through 4,600 (of 16,657 total)

• Thanks Nicky! You won’t offend me, I have a hide like an elephant! Always a slow starter in mornings, that’s why I did night shift the last few years. I am at my best at one am. When I went back to uni to do my Nursing degree as a youngster of 40, my best work was always after midnight! Circadian rhythms ? I have learnt to embrace it but husband is a Morning person and often refers to me as a slug! Lovely and cool this morning, thankyou! I gardened in the heat yesterday and regretted it, came in Beetroot coloured! Tho I remembered SAMMs comments and rehydrated with half a watermelon!

I must defend myself. ..I turn into a pumpkin if I’m up later than 10pm and am up putting the washing on, feeding the cat, putting out awnings to keep the house cool, etc, by 6am. THEN I pop back into bed with a cuppa to read posts/ check emails 😉 I was raised with the work ethic that meant you had to justify your leisure time with work first. Utterly I ingrained into me 🙁

I like the expression “Could talk under wet cement”. Fasting going ok, despite making some little desserts on my yoghurt maker…silly girl. They’ll have to wait until tomorrow. Happy Monday all. P

I often peg the washing out at 10pm Purple!

Hi Nicky, semi-FD for me today, in that I’m being careful but if I go over 500 calories I won’t be fussed, tomorrow and Thursday are my “regular” FD’s with an occasional B2B thrown in … might end up being today who knows, just love this WOL 😆

PVE let’s see, I am often up around 5am but wish I wasn’t up until at least 6am. If I wake before sparrow f**t then that’s usually around 2 or 3, I get up for an hour and then back to bed to try to sleep for the remainder of the night. I’m sure I work better later but due to work have to change things around. If I had a choice for shift work (which unfortunately I don’t) I’d prefer the afternoon 3 to 11 type of shift. I had that when working at the Mail Exchange before children came along and loved it … meant I was home around midnight, slept until 7 or 8 then had time to do things at home, eg shop, before leaving for work at 2pm. Mind you that was the days with no late night shopping and only Saturday mornings, no afternoons and DEFINITELY no Sundays, lol … gone are those days 😀

Okay, must get back to work. Catch up when I can.

Hi to all my fellow Aussies (and the adopted one in the “far eastern state” of NZ, Wiwi) as well as those of you in the northern hemisphere 🙂

Sorry Purple, no offence intended and definitely not ‘casting nasturtiums’ 🙂

Like you AO, definitely prefer staying up late but my early starts due to work commitments. Thursdays-Sundays I sleep in well after 8am and sometimes later.

Happy Monday all.

None taken Nicky. And I like nasturtiums. ..cast as many as you like 😉 P

I’m with Purple on this. I’m in bed by 10 pm most nights, earlier on FDs. Then up at 7 am and washing on line by 8 am, pruning in the garden, all go, etc etc. Floor washing after coffee. I rest in the siesta time of day. 😉

Hermaj, I am truly sorry to hear about the horrid time you’re having. Cant add any more wisdom to what others have said. Thoughts and hugs to you. 🙂

Cheers, Bay.

Please Fast Friends All around the World Do Yourselfs a Favour and watch this only 17mins and have a read through the text all fascinating stuff more positive affirmation here people its the Sunday Night program
    as i live and breathe 😉
    Enjoy

https://au.news.yahoo.com/sunday-night/features/a/24973137/the-5-2-diet-phenomenon/

RT

😳 should have added that the video is 3/4 of the way down the page with the heading
    Full Story The 5-2 Diet Why it works
    Enjoy
    RT

Good morning all

Arrived home from York very late last night, so my day hasn’t started very early! It was a lovely weekend and Jojo and I did a lot of exploring, had a lot of laughs and consumed a fair few calories, but what the hell – we were on holiday! Fast day today, which should put things right.

Lizzie, I do hope Charlie is ok now, and your Dad, Weemam.

Hermaj – what can I say that hadn’t already been put so well by others? So sad to hear about the whole situation, and even sadder that a man of obvious high intellect should resort to such limited vocabulary to vent his feelings. I do hope things are settling down – as everyone says, please don’t disappear from the thread.

Hi to everyone else – no time to catch up on things at the moment – I’ve got a case to unpack and feet to soak.

I will try and spend some time here later.

Smiffy x

Good morning All,

It was so great to meet Smithy this weekend, we had so much in common. Of course she is very elegant and slim while I am still scruffy and chubby( being polite). We ate, drank, and we’re very merry, especially on the merry go round – yes we actually went on a carousel, in my case after two mulled wines. I felt quite tipsy as I had skipped breakfast and don’t usually drink. But it was great. York is a fine place but we couldn’t work out how to get in the Cathedral, can it be shut on Sunday’s, crazy!

Nice to be back home in my own bed with a book and my iPad, i also post from here. Enough travelling now. Fully focussed on fasting and diet up to Christmas eve, one day off ‘only’ planned, Xmas day. Taking my daughter for a spa break after Xmas, just three nights. I am doing ADF until Xmas then 5:2 January to Mar, then ADF for three months to reach goal. Then 5:2 foreever for maintenance. I think it is best to accept that this is no longer a diet for me but a permanent way of eating to maintain health and weight control. I still plan for Sunday’s to be totally unrestricted, no counting, but won’t ‘go mad’ on that day, just relax.
    Exercise levels will remain ‘high’ at three hours per day up to Xmas and two hours per day Jan- Feb, then three hours for last three months. After that who knows? I will probably join a running club, hopefully not too much to bounce around by then.
    Fast days now Mon, Wednesday, Friday and Saturday, but dropping to 400 cals up to Xmas. Drinks and one meal plus 1200 cals Tuesday and Thursday. Weigh in now Sunday am.
    Dog walk, ballroom fitness, yoga, cinema and badminton today so chat tonight.

Glad everyone is still in a positive frame of mind, essential to success. Keep drinking( water). Have a great fasting day everyone.

Jojo xx
    Making up for lost time and yo yo months

Hey I have been searching for the page Fast Trackers International but it says no result! Any ideas?

Yes that watetmelon hydro is close to plasma ph the bodytskes it right into use . Amazing!

Also im a confessed insomniac if I allow myself.

im at lucnh. No timr to rxplain further. Poor sleep is count er productive to fst loss. Get enough sleep that your eyes just pop open when you wake up.

and the sleep metabolism shifts to more fat burning than glycogen ratio. Something to think about

Positively my last appearance for the time being at least. Following your rightful condemnation of the language used, during the recent domestic altercation, I must confess that I am – and was – equally colourful and creative with foul language. I could cuss for the Commonwealth. It’s my only real vice. This is the main reason for my hopefully temporary withdrawal from the forum.

Things are not good. I’ve even had a mild and polite dispute this morning over a misunderstanding with a friend and professional colleague.

5:2 is going out of the window for now. Shouldn’t do much harm. the thought of food revolts me.

I think you are spot on re sleep patterns and fat burning Samm. OH used to have appalling sleep habits. Now he gets a good solid 8 hours. Not sure which came first, but this change has happened at the same time as his 32kg weight loss with 5:2. P

ps…we overlapped hermaj. Warm thoughts from me for happier times soon, mate. X

Hermaj,
    Good luck and good health.
    Hope you can get some stress relief exercise, may help, if not perhaps some good old fashioned plate smashing and door slamming.
    Enjoy your break and hope to speak soon when all is calm again.
    Jojo xx

Haha Jojo – you should have gone to Specsavers! You are gorgeous – especially in the Dr Zivargo hat, Christmas jumper and new red scarf! I ended up going back and buying a camel coloured one for myself.

Hermaj – I’m sure we all understand and wish you well x

Emel – it is a closed group so I need to send you a friend invite. Let me have your email address.

Sorry jojo. Exercise out of the question. To add insult to injury I developed effing labyrinthitis about a week ago and have been feeling sick and dizzy ever since. I’ve had it before and all you can do is wait for it to go. Once the current job is done I’m taking the rest of the week off.

Hi hermaj, sounds horrible, guess you are left with plate smashing and door slamming. Bubble wrap popping cheaper option and quieter . Just finished yoga so in a zen state myself, drinking black currant and nettle tea to spike an energy burst before food shop and cinema. Freezing cold down here, needed two scarves, fleece, hat gloves for dog walk. Nice though.
    Feeling strong willed and athletic after stretches. Prawn Stir fry for dinner, half usual quantity- worth a try?

Good morning all .. it must have been the post about the good sleeping that comes with this WOL (or the fact I was very tired – but I’ve been that before without this happening) that I slept through from 10:45 until 6:15 … a first for me for a long, long time 😀 and I feel much better for it!

Hermaj such a bugga for you! I hope you’re feeling better soon.

Hoping everyone else is feeling great … Wee hope your Dad is doing okay too.

Can’t be on for long today as I did sleep through for 3/4 hour longer than I should have.

Chat later 😀 have a fun day fellow fasters 😆

Hermaj
    Best of luck.
    Perhaps a daily creative outlet to escape too. My wife used to say I could talk myself into a mad.

Good morning all.

Hermaj, totally understand but sorry we won’t be reading your unique insights, hopefully just for a little while. Take care of yourself.

Emel, sorry I misled you about the fasttrackers FB page. Clearly I didn’t understand what was involved. Perhaps you could search for mine – Nicola Ga*****, it should pop up. Alternatively, email me – I’ll leave my email on my profile for another 24 hours.

Jojo, I too feel fantastic after yoga. I do a class at lunchtime on Mondays so return to work feeling long, graceful – in my head at least, 😉 energetic and tingly all over.

Good FD yesterday with dinner of vegetarian version of pasta alla matriciana (onion, mushrooms, capsicums, grated carrot and tomatoes) – no bacon any more but still tasted good. No pasta for me of course but allowed myself 20g grated parmesan in lieu of usual bacon.

Also usual FD today with steamed prawns and salad planned for dinner. My darling daughter’s birthday so will have a sliver of cake to celebrate. As I made it I can roughly calculate that it won’t be too far OTT. Semi-fast tomorrow too as I’d like to shed the remaining 2.5kg by the end of the year so as to be no longer obese. An ‘old year’ resolution. 😉

Next year’s is to get to ‘normal’, which is another 14kg. Now I’ve said it in ‘public’ and a version of SAMM’s fat attack system to achieve it. One week out of two of severe restriction I think is doable, along with 2 FDs each week.

Keep up the good work everyone.

Hermaj, I suffer from BPPV (vertigo caused by inner ear granules dislodging) at random times. Usually lasts from a week to 10 days and I am beside myself. Feel totally out of control, nausea, unable to move without massive headspins. My mood at the time is not to be experienced. I totally see how this, overlaid on everything else you are going through, can seem insurmountable. I hope the love and encouragement you are getting from your 5:2 mates bolsters you up. Do what you need to do. xx

Nicky, great aims! I KNOW you can achieve them. 2.5kg is doable. the rest will come with time. Remember what we all say, this is a marathon, not a sprint.

To all FTs….happy feast or fast, whatever the day/evening brings. P 🙂

Hi Nicky,

That long and graceful yoga goddess isn’t just in your head, she’s in your body, waiting to emerge and, if you can’t already, I’m sure it won’t be long until you start to see her in the mirror.

Good evening friends,
    Great day, enjoyed every moment. Loved the film ‘the imitation game’ about the man who broke the enigma code during WW11-Cumberbatch is a brilliant actor., Keira Knightly ok too. My friend was not happy that I took carrot sticks to the cinema to snack on, she said they are too noisy. So I only munched through the adverts.
    Won a couple of games at badminton too although I am still not on my best form. Lawn bowls and gym tomorrow.
    Fast went well today because I was so busy.
    How was your fast today?
    Early night me thinks
    Jojo xx

Busy is best on a fast day, isn’t it, Jojo? You seem to have had a very full day, despite your fun weekend.
    I can even spend hours in the kitchen, without nibbling, on most fast days, then suddenly I’ll have a day when I must flee the house to avoid weakening 😉
    I love the idea of you having to eat your carrot sticks quietly in the ads. And yet it is ok for people to stink theatres out with popcorn!
    Sleep well. P

Morning all,

Glad you had such a good sleep OA! Sounds very refreshing. I sleep roughly 2am til 8am, seem to need a lot less as I get older. Every now and then I have a catch up with a few extra hrs, when my bod says it needs it! I despise alarm clocks and always wake an hour before they go off, the subconscious is amazing.

You sound like you have a good plan Nicky, I am sure you can achieve it. You have already proved it! If all else fails, we can resort to carrot sticks…you gave me such a good chuckle Jojo! We splashed out on Gold Class to see Les Mis movie last year (reclining seats) and the woman next to me fell asleep and snored! What a waste! I would have been happy to hear her munch on carrot sticks!

So sorry to hear your troubles seem to be escalating Hermaj, certainly seems like you need a good break. You have been under a lot of pressure this year with working and studying, maybe time to have a rest? I am usually pretty healthy but if under lots of stress, some part of my body usually cracks up…often a “cold sore” is my warning to slow down/de-stress. Please take care of yourself, nothing or no-one is worth being unwell for. It is obvious from everyone’s concern how loved and respected you are on this forum, remember that. X

Hermaj, Very sorry to hear of your troubles. Please take care of yourself. Hugs from the South. Bay 🙂

Hi all

Agree 100% re need for regular sleep and its impact on losing weight. I need a regular sleeping pattern to maintain my weight loss. Part of my problem with eating when we are on the road, is that my sleep is not as good as at home. Feasted all last week in Melbourne with friends and family, didn’t worry too much. Now have fasted yesterday and am within a kg of desired weight. Will get that pesky kg on Thursday while fasting. Need to maintain the wriggle room. 😉

In this heat (32C yesterday, today and tomorrow) I can get by on vegetable soup only, some of it cold, with just a smidgen of Parmesan cheese or a small slice of seed filled Gluten free toast at dinner. Did a 20 hour fast yesterday, and then slept like a log all night. Am now choosing the Purple pioneered method of no breakfast, just black coffee and lots of water. So different from my first four months when breakfast of an egg on spinach was essential to my fast days.

I am still restricted in the amount of keyboard work I can do. So please excuse any very short posts in future. Happy days, all. Cheers, Bay 🙂

Hi Purple

There was an article online recently that stated that a particular doctor had pioneered treatment for vertigo. Did you see it? The gist of it is, that you stand up and bend over slowly with head hanging low and maintain for a little while. No doubt holding onto a chair etc. You then stand up again slowly. This seems to reset the little loose granules. It may not work for 100% of people, but she has had a great deal of success with this. And her grateful patients were queueing up to say how their lives had changed for the better. No devices or cash involved 😉

Cheers, Bay 🙂

Thanks Bay. Yes I have seen the maneuver online, but always feel too crook to do it. 🙁 OH has bookmarked it to help me next time. My neurologist (cost a fortune, never available) was going to demonstrate it to me several years ago, but as it can only be done when BPPV is happening, I was too ill to drive, and he never available to see me 🙁 Catch 22!!! P

Good morning everyone,
    It’s a dull day here so having a lay in, I enjoy 6 – 8 hours sleep most nights but I can stay up very, very late. I find reading at night and in the morning very relaxing. When I worked I would be forced to jump out of bed at 6 am and do a thousand jobs before 8 am including walking the dogs, life was very stressful. Luckily retirement means I can do as I like now. I missed my Tuesday group walk today as I am being lazy this morning. I will walk my dogs for an hour though.

PVE – I am very impressed that you can spend hours in the kitchen on a fast day, I avoid it like the plague, temptation alley for me.

Aussie Oma and Nicky,
    I really am feeling the cold now, so jealous of those in warmer climes.

Nama – I would definately recommend staying in bed for as long as possible, albeit sleep, rest, reading, writing, sewing up to 8 hours then ensure loads of fresh air during the day, this should improve sleep.

I have a friend who suffered with insomnia for 30 years. She is a worrier and eats a very sugar based diet. Currently she is touring Australia. When she returns I hope to convince her to go sugar free and walk for two hours every day. She is also retired so it should be possible, I hope so. No sugar does seem to be a cure for many dfferent medical and emotional complaints.

Did you sort out Facebook? Put you email address on your profile for a set period and we can invite you to join our group, you are very welcome to join, it’s good to exchange photos and non fasting news.

Bay – only 1 kg to how, I am so envious. How long has it taken you to lose your excess weight. Are you working towards a goal you have set or a weight guide level?

Smithy – god that dog is gorgeous. Glad you liked my joke photograph too. Took it on the chin a I knew you would. Not surprised you are broke now, my purse suffered a little too. I also bought a red knitted beret yesterday, perfect match for the scarf, good old M and S never let’s me down. Outfit looked very festive at the cinema. Behaved like Rudolk too eating my carrot sticks, just need the red nose now. That should come if I have a few more mulled wines. Got my punch bowl out yesterday in preparation for a little gathering of my reading club, they all love a drop of mulled wine, actually they like anything alcoholic, teehee. I shall miss the carousel ride afterwards though. My son thought it was hysterical that we had had a go on the ride. He thinks I might be losing my marbles.

He has confirmed he will be going to San Fransisco to work at the beginning of 2016 so I get his company for another year thank goodness. I told him I will buy him a sofa bed with my name on it because he owes me 23 years free board and lodging which I plan to claim. Does he look worried? Fore sure ! Ha ha.

Feed day today, 1200 cals.
    I have decided to skip breakfast for good now, it makes life easier and keep the calories down. Seems a sensible plan and doable.

SAMM – hugs and kisses and Christmas wishes.

Weemam – how is Dad? Thinking of you all.

Ply – assume you are off 5:2 now, hope everything going well for you, glad you are still on Facebook.

Tangawiwi, my daughter is planning on going to New Zealand in October 2014 now, how does that suit you for flat exchange?

Rt – how far are you from goal now?

Hermaj, stay strong and may peace reign in your palace.

If I have left anyone out I am sorry, nothing personal, love you all and wish you success in your fasting efforts.

Happy now,
    I am suffering today from both Yoga and badminton, sometimes pushing yourself too hard leads to some very sore muscles. We used balls and belts in Yoga yesterday and I believe these aids always add an element of taking risks the body would not approve of you taking. My hot water bottle is coming in very useful today. Wouldn’t it be useful to have a bottle with a belt attached so you could wear it while out walking, my back could really do with it today. I may drag out a scarf and see what I can come up with, bit like a baby papouse(not sure of spelling).
    Do you do Yoga much?

Good morning everyone . So sorry I have been AWOL.

We have been so worried about dad . the day after we had him at hospital he was coughing really hard but luckilly it was a small piece of sanwich that hadn’t gone right down . Then he sept right through for 24 hours . I went down to see him yesterday at 1 PM he was too tired to get up so I gave him a kiss and a cuddle and told him I love him ( just what we do now when he is sleepy) .he was still sleeping at 8 PM when the night shift came on .
    The staff nurse phoned me from the care home about an hour ago to say he was up AND SINGING 🙂 and walking about 🙂 YESS!!!! I am just so happy . I just adore that old man and thought I was gong to loose him .

I have now weighed myself and have lost another 1 pound so that is the icing on the cake ( wrong words lol )

Jojo I went over twice last week I usually stay below 1200 .sometimes quite a bit below. I then did a liquid fast and 2 normal FD.So I am going to stick to my usual routine of under 1200 from now on .

6 years ago I was 16st 6pounds .I went down to 11st 10 pounds that was 4 pounds off a 5 stone loss .(on Low Carb )

This morning I am 12st 2lbs . That is 6 pound off where I was . so only 10 pounds to go and I will have made the 5 stone 🙂 I am so happy about that and I have all you lovely people to thank for that as you have all kept me on the straight and narrow .

Thank you all so much

Wee xx

Oh my goodness so much to read! I have just returned from my staff/ council dinner and pleased that I did not go overboard at All. I did eat dessert but had good portion sizes of the roast turkey and lamb and just ate a green salad without touching all the other carb salads etc. it is so good to be in control.
    My email address is [email address removed] a mouthful it is but that is my name with the hyphen omitted hence emel! I look forward to contacting Nicky by Facebook . It does serve positive purposes. Great to hear that the York trip was successful. Oh I had to give four speeches tonight, did well with that despite my fear that I would not do justice to the years of service of my outgoing staff! Night all

Hello all,

Jojo thanks so much for your suggestions re my sleep. However I think I must have confused you, I definitely don’t have insomnia! I was just commenting that I am a night owl, plus don’t need as much sleep as I get older. Also, thanks for mentioning Facebook again. I actually quit Facebook a year ago as I found I was addicted to it and spending far too much time on it! I am very tempted to rejoin as it would be lovely to join your group and it is a great way to keep in touch with those interstate/overseas friends …. Will have to think hard about it…need some strategies to avoid overusing it!

Wee you must be so relieved about your Dad. He must have needed a big rest after all the prodding and poking he got when his foot was sore! Huge congratulations on your amazing loss, you must feel wonderful! I know how I feel after just losing 8+ kgs, so lovely when pants need a belt to stay up!

Had a big gardening day today, preparing garden beds for summer by mulching with sugar cane mulch. Beautiful day in Melbourne, sunshine and light breeze. So nice to get washing dry in a breeze. Xmas shopping and lunch with a friend tomorrow, yes Jojo, retirement is wonderful! Aiming to make it a fast day and choose a very light lunch for my days allowance, should be interesting to see how I go in the evening with just miso soup. Good to experiment I think.

Hi Emel,
    I have reported your post for deletion as your email address may attract spam. They will hopefully delete it from the thread. I recorded the address and will forward it to Smithy if she hasn’t dealt with it before it dissappears. I had suggested putting it on your profile not the thread, sorry I obviously confused you. Be in touch soon.
    I went to a coffee shop to meet a friend today. In order to avoid ordering more latte I decided to have the homemade spicey parsnip soup. It was devine, truly delicious but it came with heavily buttered ciabatta that I could not resist. I recon it must have been 500 cals plus, especially as I could taste cream in the soup. I was doing so well! Arrrghhhhh.
    Kept dinner low cal though. Off to rehearse for my Christmas show on Saturday, enjoy your evening all.

P.s. I will be making a low cal spicey parsnip soup tomorrow let you know how it tastes.

Nama, good luck with the miso soup, I really don’t like it, so salty. I have had it but decided it just was not enjoyable and I would do better with herb tea. Honey and camomile and nettle and black currant are delicious.

Weemam
    Hugs and kisses, hope Dad gets well soon
    Jojo xx

Greetings and Salutations Fast Trackers
    South Aussies (Nicky Emel and Aussie Oma) Victoria (Nama) ACT (Bay) NSW (PVE) and SAMM HappyNow Wiwi Amazon Jojo Herm Lizzy Ply Weemam Tartan lass Smiffy and Hello World (You know Who you Are)
    Would you believe its raining and very steady at that very refreshing smell that is Nama are you on the 4-3 band wagon ?? Good skills Emel public speaking can be a head case and well done on the careful choices when out that is never easy either with soo much yummy stuff 😆 Weemam well what can I say 31.75kg in my eyes is amazing and with all the kindness I can wrap up in a lollie wrapper fantails 😉 under somewhat at times stressful emotional challenging times good on you..Ok Happy hump Day people and happy fast day for the 4-3 warriors
    Peace
    RT

Hi jojo,

Did you manage to rig up a portable hot water bottle? I’m quite intrigued by the idea!

I don’t do much yoga now, except for a few positions that help with my back. I was very very flexible when I was younger, and ended up with a back injury (in part due to being loose jointed). I’m now much less flexible but I need to get some instruction so I don’t hurt myself. I looked for a class this autumn but they’re all during the day 🙁

Hello HappyNow,
    Yes I did manage to attach my hot water bottle but I didn’t use a scarf in the end, I used a case strap which secured it both top and bottom. It remained warm for the duration of my walk and I will use it again, very effective at pain reduction.
    I do think Yoga is excellent for back problems but you need to be very careful about some of the bends, stick to your limits. Good luck in finding a class. I use a video sometimes, have you tried that? I think yoga on your own is better in many respects. I often do it in a darkened or candle lit room. You really get into a meditative state when conditions are ideal.
    Fast day tomorrow, hope it all goes well for everyone.

You are a shining light Jojo keeping up to date with everyone is a marvelous achievement and so genuine I did hop on the right thread for sure getting on this one and as of last Saturday 3.1kg thanks for asking.
    RT

Hi everyone.

Purple, Happy and Nama, thanks for encouragement. This ‘yoga goddess’ feels so much more positive about losing the flab than a year ago, and now of course there’s much less to shed since then.

Bay, sorry to hear you’re still restricted. Hope things are improving a little.

Purple, your Catch-22 story reminds me of migraines – specialist said he wanted to see me while I had one. Of course that never happened as I was usually nearly cross-eyed and vomiting. Fortunately those days are long gone since monthly hormones calmed down.

Jojo, sorry to hear you’re feeling the cold. It seems to be a common story as we lose our insulating layers. On the plus side for me is that hot days are nowhere near as hard now, and me still with nearly 4stone to go to goal. Good idea about strapping the hottie on, sounds very comforting. Yoga in a darkened room by myself? Sounds lovely but I’d be asleep in no time during relaxation – I can fall asleep and snore surrounded by others while lying on a hard floor during ordinary classes.

Wee, well done on the loss – you really are a star. Thanks for posting your Dad’s picture on FB, he looks as lovely as he sounds from your description. He’s lucky to have such a devoted daughter.

Emel, looking forward to hearing from you. Well done on your speeches and your self-control at the dinner. It’s a muscle that gets stronger with exercise I find.

RT, you’re right about Jojo’s shining light. I too did the right thing when I joined this thread. Glad you got some rain – just a hint for us last night which I smelt when I went outside to empty the teapot but nothing but a trace in the gauge this morning. Well done too on the continuing losses. You’re such an encouragement with your cheery posts.

Yesterday’s FD turned into a <800C day with a piece of my daughter’s Black Forest birthday cake and café latte. Confess to frying the prawns instead of steaming my serve but still not bad for an ordinary day. The next few weeks (like most people’s) are going to be a challenge socially but have decided to be strict when I have the opportunity, exercise moderation at the social events, stay off the white carbs and enjoy the season. The scales down 0.4kg this morning even with yesterday’s indulgence so at least I shouldn’t gain.

Keep up the good work all.

I agree with Nicky, Jojo. We both felt the cold so much more without the extra layers this year. So much so, we are installing a new heater for next winter. ..ecologically sound one!
    Summer is easier to cope with though. No more layers of fat sweating!!!

This morning OH merrily announced it to be a fast today as he had a party tomorrow. I was not mentally prepared for it and failed at the first tomato I picked in my garden. 🙁 Then a crisis with one of my grownup kids resulted in an iced tea (140 cals, only drank half as it seemed sickly sweet) and a salmon wrap (didn’t eat the wrap bit.) Damn. Another fast bites the dust. I really do need the habit of Mon/Thurs. Weds just doesn’t work.
    So pleased to hear your dad is singing again, Wee. The dear thing. 🙂 P

Hello all

Yes that’s right – Im typing this at 4.15am! I’ve been awake since just after 3 and just cannot get back to sleep.despite the usual yoga relaxation routine, which usually does the trick.

Speaking of yoga, you are a regular guru Jojo. No wonder you are so serene and well balanced. I was well into it in my twenties and have never been so slim or so supple. I tried it again about 10 years ago but think I may have joined the wrong class as it gave my joints hell. There was a lot of getting up and down from the floor which I found very uncomfortable and all in all, I really didn’t enjoy it except for the relaxation, which usually works on the rare occasion when I can’t sleep. I also find the ‘cobra’ position great when my back plays up. It saved me from surgery nearly 20 years ago thanks to the recommendations in a very good book by a New Zealand doctor called Robin McKenzie, and I’ve been doing it ever since when there has been a problem.

I loved the idea of strapping the hot eater bottle on for walks! Luckily my thermal vest and leggings seem to do the trick for me, with a few thin layers under my jacket. Our dog walking involves a few steep hills and I’m usually wanting to strip off half way round.

I weighed yesterday after a fast day on Monday, to find I’m the same as I was before the York trip, and all that mulled wine, so very pleased with myself. Like Nicky, and no doubt everyone else, I’ve got quite a full social calendar over the next few weeks, but if I stick to the two fast days a week hope to do not too much damage. I’m quite happy to tread water and stay at this weight (35 lbs down) until after New Year.

Weemam, it was lovely to see a picture of your lovely dad. I’m so glad he is singing again.

A quick hi to everyone else – it’s 5 am now and I’m going to try and get back to sleep as I’ve got another busy day tomorrow taking mother out and then having my lovely sister in law round for dinner in the evening. I haven’t seen her in a while and she is having a knee operation shortly which will put her out of action over Christmas. It’s probably just as well I am awake, otherwise I wouldn’t find time to post. We were out visiting a very dear cousin of OH yesterday, who has also just had a nasty operation and then caught up on some shopping – all go at present.

Have a good one all

Smiffy x

Hi Smiffy. ..I hope you are asleep again by now 🙁
    Isn’t it grand having friends to talk to any time, day or night!
    I nearly did the same myself last night as I was wide awake because of the heat. I will say g’day next time 😉
    Well done with the weight. I’m sure your body gets better at burning fat again on this woe. Have a good day with your mum and sil. P x

Hi PVE – yes I did get a couple more hours in, thanks, but feel like a zombie now. I don’t know why I couldn’t sleep, I don’t usually have any trouble. You’re right – it’s really good to know you lovely people are out there any time of the day or night.

It’s a cold frosty one here, and there is a huge temptation to stay in bed, but must rouse myself for my busy day.

Have a good day/evening all xx

Hi Jojo.

I seem to have misled you accidentally. I began the 5:2 in January 2014 and in six months I reached my goal weight. Since then I have been maintaining, for the last four months. I went from a size 16 in clothing to a size 11 and am happy with my new shape. As predicted I find it much harder to maintain than I did to lose weight. I gave up all processed foods, all sugars and starches while I was losing weight.

Nowadays, my weight fluctuates within a 2 kg range. So, when I go up, I fast to get down again. Last week I indulged in sweet things, so this week I am fasting for 2 or 3 days. So far I fasted Monday and today Wednesday. I am also getting extra exercise. Today I cleaned the house and then washed the tiled floors with a mop. Who needs a gym. : wink:

I really appreciate the friendly support on this thread, keeping me on the wagon. 🙂
    Cheers, Bay

Hi Smiffy

Weirdly, I now have problems sleeping, if I indulge in rich foods or sugary overload. I sleep like a log on fast days. Go figure, as the Yanks say!

Cheers, Bay 🙂

Hi Smiffy
    We have the opposite weather….I had to drive through flooded roads and torrential rain to get OH from the railway station tonight. We had a massive tropical thunderstorm. I respect lightning just as I respect snakes 😉
    Now warm and muggy inside, cool and covered in more branches, leaves and bark outside. Like Bay, who needs a gym when you have gumtrees! P

Viewing 50 posts - 4,551 through 4,600 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.