Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 11 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 4,501 through 4,550 (of 16,657 total)

• Hermaj MA
    My heart goes out to you. My sister in law is the same contol . My niece at 4yrs old asked who my mother was . It crushed her. As she grew older I’ve advised my niece to keep us upto date on her electronic media games. My mother an I both talk to her daily now a she like getting help with online gaming pursuits. Every so often I just ake everyone over there on Sunday pile out of the car and say we were In neighborhood and want to take everyone to lunch. I always isolate my sister in law in conversation that I just listen . But at the same time my niece gets attention from grandma. Sad it has to be that way from time to time. But I’m determined that the will to be together finds the way. Gifts and chocolate , and listening to my sister in law talk about shopping seems to pry open the door. Or at least get a look in from window. I can’t speak for the rest , but I’m glad you can vent here, especially if the alternative is to stuff oneself with emotional eating. . Please do! Vent.

Hermaj I feel for you. My sister is in a similar position regarding her son-in-law and it’s been going on for while too. People can sometimes be very immature and forget that the world doesn’t revolve solely around them. My sister does see her daughter and grandchildren but only when son-in-law is out and he makes life difficult if he can. Very sad…

Lizzypb

P.S. sorry you won’t be in York but there’ll be other times to come

Hermaj we are all friends here so vent away . We have a family member like that too . Thank God only one of them . We are a family who love to hug and this person Never gives them . I won’t go into details as it would just upset me and every one else 🙁 So vent away pal .

Went to take Dad out today and he had a sore foot .he is almost 97 and NEVER complains but he was in pain today Bless him . he said he was too sore to go out . All the staff were looking after him because he NEVER complains . I had bought him a pair of deck shoes some time back ( he won’t wear slippers) we got him to put them on and we cut them down a wee bit too . I am still worried but I can phone any time .

I hope you all have a ball in York .

Wee xx

My brother the one with my niece.
    Just came in the door with with his wife and my niece. Just a quick note and be off.
    As I have been fixing their plates of food, my sister in law had my brother bring a matching set of 40lb kettle balls. A black Friday thing here in the states where sales and deals are geared for this one after thanksgiving for shopping while many people are off work on a Friday.

They are impressed that I can lift them both in rowing motions . Another thing to be thankful for this year. Not being in that damned bed anymore.

I going to give her my wife’s prized peanut butter chocolate pie. Best if I don’t eat that today or tomorrow. Well. Maybe just a slice for tommorrow:)

I have My wife make it every year. And my sister in law is crazy about eating it. So bitter sweet that I don’t know how to make it.

Hugs and love, hermaj. People can be SO heartbreaking. I have also, like several others here, experienced this sort if behaviour. I am crushed by it but try to work around it. I tell myself it is not me, it is the other person’s problem and, like Samm,try to work around the problematic behaviour to ensure the rest of us are not deprived. You are a wonderful aunt/great aunt. I’m sure your nephews love you as much as you love them. Keep strong dear lady. P x

Hermaj I’m so sorry to hear about the unfortunate situation in your family. As you will have seen here, sadly there is probably no family which doesn’t have something similar going on. As the saying goes, “you can choose your friends but ………..”. It’s even more tragic when children are involved who doubtless end up confused and bewildered. One can only hope that as they get older they will realise the true facts of the matter and establish their own connection.

Unfortunately this hasn’t happened with some members of my own family, and my mother only gets to see her two granddaughters, who are in their early 20s, at the few family gatherings we have through the year, even though they live only a few minutes walk away from where she lives.

On a brighter note, I arrived safe and sound in York and had a good walk around the Christmas Market this afternoon. I got hopelessly lost trying to find my way back to the guest house, so feel I must have walked off more than enough calories to make up for the mulled wine and hog roast bap which I just couldn’t resist! It’s a lovely Christmassy atmosphere with lots of little German-type wood cabins and wonderful smells. Look forward to meeting up with Lizzie and Jojo tomorrow.

Samm! Peanut Butter Chocolate Pie??? Sounds like a heart attack on a plate! Enjoy!

Have a good evening/morning all.

Smiffy

Hermaj as everyone else says on here, vent away! We all can understand your heartache with this. HUGS to you and hope you get to see more of the people you love.

Happy YORKIES day for those going there. Saw a lovely photo from Smiffy on FB of the market, looks gorgeous. Have a WOW of a time ladies 😀

I think I know just how little it takes to have a food coma … I had lunch yesterday, albeit only small, which I don’t normally do, I ate cherries mid afternoon, albeit a handful only, and then dinner last night … normally I’d only eat half the chicken but last night I ate the lot AND had my weekly icecream too. Got home and kept falling asleep! Think I’d best stick to my regular eating habits in future as I didn’t like the zonked feeling. So it will be a semi-FD today for me as we’re out for dinner tonight at a special club function and I’ll have a FD tomorrow to keep on track plus my regular two FD’s next week. I felt like such a glutton after eating all that.

Hermaj, so sorry you are having family problems. I’m not sure there is anything more I can add to what our friends have said already. Every family at some point seems to have a tosser in their midst who thinks only of themself. Hang in there, and be kind to to yourself. This is not of your making.

Hello Fast Trackers
    South Aussies (Nicky Emel and Aussie Oma) Victoria (Nama) ACT (Bay) NSW (PVE) and SAMM HappyNow Wiwi Amazon Jojo Herm Lizzy Ply Weemam Smiffy and Hello World (You know Who you Are)
    I did a 4 day fast in my first week on the 5-2 WOL/WOE for the biggest week loss to date of 2.3kg I then ran the Mon-Thurs. FD for 4 weeks with the last week weigh in -.08kg. So since then I have been on a 4-3 mostly M-W-F although last week M-T-W to suit my social calendar 😆 and this week I have gone B2B M-T then a Wed feast then B2B TH-F which I have not done before and now the w/e feast todays weigh in is a loss of 1.4kg I think ALL off from between my shoulders to the hips the targeted area thank you. I will definitely go again on that schedule of 2 FD 1 feast then 2 FD and 2 feast for sure WOW Hermaj super impressive MA with merit fantastic Nama tisk tisk Mrs Adults Only indeed hmmm love ya work and thought process I do 😉 thanks PVE and AO my mow-vember effort it’s a blend of Denis Lillie and John Newcombe in my eyes at least.
    Enjoy the Weekend Fast Friends
    RT

Dream on RT! With no images we will have to believe you! 😉 P

“Silent gratitude isn’t much use to anyone.”
            – [G. B. Stern]
     “Feeling gratitude and not expressing it is like wrapping a present and not giving it.”
            – [William Arthur Ward]
    “He who forgets the language of gratitude can never be on speaking terms with happiness.”
            – [C. Neil Strait]
     “Not what we say about our blessings, but how we use them, is the true measure of our thanksgiving.”
            – [W. T. Purkis]
    “We are so taken up with the affairs of the present that we don’t have time to give thanks for blessings of the past.”
            – [John A. Broadus]
    “As we pause to thank Him for the blessings of the past year, we must not forget to thank Him for the lessons we have learned through our difficult times. We are not to be thankful for just the pleasant, easy things, but ALL things.”
            – [Millie Stamm]
     “Reflect upon your present blessings, of which every man has many–not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some.”
            – [Charles Dickens]
     “A thankful heart is not only the greatest virtue, but the parent of all the other virtues.”
            – [Cicero]
     “Gratitude is born in hearts that take time to count up past mercies.”
            – [Charles E. Jefferson]
     “Giving thanks to God for both His temporal and spiritual blessings in our live  is not just a nice thing to do – it is the moral will of God. Failure to give Him the thanks due Him is sin.”
            – [Jerry Bridges, Respectable Sins]
     “O Lord, who lends me life, lend me a heart replete with thankfulness.”
            – [Shakespeare]
     “Pride slays thanksgiving, but a humble mind is the soil of which thanks naturally grow.  A proud man is seldom a grateful man, for he never thinks he gets much as he deserves.”
            – [Henry Ward Beecher]
     – “That I may publish with the voice of thanksgiving, and tell of all thy wondrous works.”
            – [Psalm 26:7]

THANKSGIVINGS

Tables filled with family and friends.
    Hugs and humility .
    Another year of blessings to share.
    Nourishment of body and soul.
    Kindheartedness of nieghbors young and old.
    Strength to keep on Keepin  on.
    Grace to be merciful and forgiving.
    iotas of thankfullness leads to god.
    Vittles in pots,pans, and crocks.
    Inspiration on cold days to help the sick and homeless.
    Noshing on candy reminding of how sweet life can be.
    Giving until their cups runeth over.
    SAMM.

SAAM you never disappoint, such lovely words!
    Hermaj it’s such a shame that your distress stopped you from going to York. I have a theory that most of the ill will in the world is rooted in jealousy and as Happy says, this is not of your making! Try not to waste energy stressing over something you can’t control. It won’t be that long til the 15 yr old is independent and can come to visit you and as you have such a lovely relationship with him, he won’t forget that. And if the marriage crashes, as you predict, it will be even easier to make contact. It’s so sad, life is too short for all this ego driven cr*p, especially when children are made to be pawns. Take care Hermaj. X

Good words Samm – and very well said Nama x

Hello All,
    Hermaj, really sorry to hear your family troubles, I can understand because I had to deal with a very difficult father in law for most of my married life. I had to put up with his obnoxious behaviour to keep family peace and allow his wife and my children to continue their very loving relationship. It was very difficult and a great strain.
    I hope things work out for you. I also stayed with my husband for the sake of my children. I can now say my kids and I have discussed this and they think I should have left earlier to enjoy the happiness I now have. It’s difficult to make such big decisions.
    Must get to bed, I have a very early start.
    Jojo xx

Hermaj, just read your post and you have my deepest sympathy. There’s nothing quite so bitter as family disputes.

For more years than I can remember, actually about 30, my OH has been ‘out of charity’ with his two younger brothers over something I was alleged to have said to their dotty mother, who took umbrage and then sent the brothers into battle firing her bullets. As we lived interstate and they near their mother, many hard words were exchanged over the phone and even though we now live back in the same city, my OH was so offended he vowed to have no more contact with them. As you can imagine, I feel terrible that he has been cut off from the two people in the world he has known the longest and I can’t escape the feeling that it’s my fault, because he is of the ‘defend honour’ school.

Difficult though it is, it may be possible for you to have continued contact with your grand-nephew once he is away from home studying, and the same for the younger one. That doesn’t help the immediate pain but possibly something to look forward to.

So sorry that you don’t feel up to the York trip. Hope another opportunity arises.

Take care of yourself. Nxx

Hi all

Sorry, read Hermaj’s post on the previous page and responded, forgetting there was still p91 unread.

RT well done on your fasting results and your Movember results – Denis Lillee/John Newcombe? Be still my beating heart!!! 🙂

SAMM, such lovely descriptions of your Thanksgiving day and the gratitude quotes. Thank you!

Thanks Mrs Adults Only (love it!) for the reminder to look at the FB page. Will go there next.

Take care everyone and keep up the good work.

Hi all, well I finally feel I belong to this thread as I have released 1.3 kg this week. Of course I need to be careful this weekend as I tend to undo all my good work during the week by a lack of control on Saturday / Sunday. Interestingly it is the evenings that I struggle with.
    I trust the York trip is all and more that people hope it will be.
    A very slow start today as did not get to bed until way after one -had to pick up a group of boys from the other side of Adelaide and had dropped them off ! Was up fours later to take my son to his job and then hopped back into bed fully clothed and slept for three others. Contemplating the gym but really liking not doing anything. It is36 in Adelaide today!
    Family dynamics are challenging are they not! And as we near Christmas, the friction seems more intense. So how important is it to be thankful for the small thingsI liked your collection Samm, a timely reminder for me!
    Only two weeks remaining g of our students and then another week for me before I can lock the door and forget about work forr two weeks. Mmmm jojo I concur re education system. Unfortunately Australia is adopting the british approach despite the evidence.

Thank you to Lizzie, SAMM, wee, Smiffy, jojo, Happy, Oma, Purple and Nicky (hope that’s everyone) for telling me your family stories. While it’s comforting to know that there are many other families with, as Happy so eloquently puts it,”a tosser in their midst”, it doesn’t make things any easier. The thought of not seeing the elder boy until he goes away to uni i.e. three years from now, horrifies me. I might be gaga by then. 🙂 As for the little one, after a three-year interval his likely reaction could well be “Who the hell are you?” Even now, it appears he often talks about us.

Most of your stories suggest that somehow someone said – or was accused of saying – something that was totally misconstrued and then a family feud started. My problem is that I don’t know what I said or did. My nephew refuses to tell his wife or his elder son why I am persona non grata. If she and the kids do come down to visit us, she has to say “We’re going to London”, no names mentioned. Quite apart from the boys, I’d hate to lose her. She is a fine woman who has become one of my closest friends, partly because I was able to support her while she was pregnant and the future father was behaving like a total sh**. I trust her absolutely. If she knew the reason for the “tosser’s” antics she would tell me.

Saddest of all, he and I used to be really good friends, from the moment I had to mind him as a 2-year-old for a weekend as his Nan – my mum – was called away to deal with her own critically ill dad. Thereafter we spent lots of time together, many visits to London, two trips to see us in Switzerand and sharing a Christmas holiday in South-West France, not to mention the family holidays with his parents where we kept each other sane.

If my name crops up in any context he just blanks out and doesn’t reply. His dad, my brother, who lives fairly close by, gets the odd civil word from his son, but were it not for my niece-in-law who asks him round at fairly regular intervals, he would be ostracised too. I’ve sent him birthday and bon voyage cards (he never uses his email) which I’m told he doesn’t even open.

You can probably see now why I got disproportionately upset when another poster on another thread set about me for no apparent reason. It was, literally, too close to home

To finish on a happier note, thank you bay and RT for your congratulations on the MA.

It’s not always that something has been said which causes friction in families – it’s often a lot of chips on shoulders, when one member of the family becomes resentful because they feel another has achieved more/earned more or has a higher intellect. It’s so sad because those people often have outstanding qualities of their own. If only they could bring themselves to say “well done” or “I’m so happy for you” instead of silently seething inside. Could this be the problem in your nephew’s case Hermaj? After all – you must have been a hard act to follow! I know this to be the case in my family.

I was awake very early this morning – I’ve got the snorer from hell in the room next door! Luckily I was so whacked after my marathon trek around York yesterday that I was out like a light until about 5.30, when I was woken up by what I thought was someone moving furniture around. I’m going to discreetly find out if they are here for a second night. If so, I’m off to get some earplugs!

Smiffy love the way you describe the early morning “alarm”, lol. I agree that often it’s nothing said just others inability to be happy for your achievements. I try to not let things get to me and just “go with the flow” when I see people that I admire or want to be with I’m happy but if I’m with people who are not so nice I just try to find something nice about them or my surroundings, that way I stay relatively happy or content or calm (as opposed to upset/angry).

Emel you’ve always been part of this group since you first joined, I know you feel not as you’d not lost great amounts but even if it’s not always the amount lost you wanted you’re welcome here. Sometimes I’ve only lost 100 grams or even one time I went up a couple of hundred grams but the tape measure moved down so I was happy. Glad you’re with us anyway Emel 😀

Aussie, you are so right, though sometimes it’s hard to take the magnanimous approach.

Hear! Hear! for Emel – very much a part of the group. The important thing is, we are all losing/staying the same, which is a major achievement, especially at this time of year. My neighbour has now woken up and I want to go back to sleep but I can also smell bacon! They only serve breakfast between 8.30 and 9.30 so I’m off to shower, eat and then off to the station to meet Lizzie. See you later Jojo. x

Emel 1.3kg in a 5-2 mode is an outstanding success lets not undervalue that achievement firstly and secondly lets embrace the notion that from the very first post (which takes a great deal of courage) you where a most valued member that is now a very important cog in this main frame and weight losing team on this WOL/WOE you will never walk alone
    Peace
    RT

Wise words, Smiffy. You could well be right. I hear what you are saying Oma and you’ll see below how much I loved and admired the bugger before he went weird. Sadly I no longer get the chance to focus on his good points as I’m not allowed into his presence. 🙁

As it happens the guy is extremely bright, well-read and well-informed, as our previous long, interesting and often hilariously funny conversations revealed. If we were still speaking I would encourage him to think seriously about OU or similar as I know he would enjoy finding out just how academically able he is.

I missed him so much while doing the Grad Cert and MA as he would have been a brilliant sounding board. His lovely wife was so supportive, in fact she’s been the family member who has been the most encouraging, although apparently the elder great-nephew was very proud of his “cool auntie who’s gone back to uni”. However, as a scientist, she isn’t all that au fait with my subject and I didn’t like to bore the poor girl witless.

His own uni experience was not good. His pushy parents bullied him into taking a science degree, sending him to a crammer to do science A-levels, when he’s clearly a humanities type. Who knows, he might have become a lawyer. 🙂 He even has the family foreign languages gene. My OH reckons that maybe they didn’t like the idea of another layabout linguist in the family. He lasted less than a term at Swansea. Someone nicking his mountain bike was the straw that broke the camel’s back.

Have a lovely time in York. Big hugs to all three Yorkies.

I hope you all enjoy this xx

http://www.youtube.com/embed/ln01p1M2cH0

Emel I agree that you have always been in the “bunch” we are all here to help and encourage each other and I know without that I would not still be in the WOL .

I did a liquid FD yesterday . WHY!!! because I went over my 1200 for 2 days still 200 below my TDEE but it didn’t look good on the scales .

The liquid day was easy BUT I had a stonking headache all day . .

I will try it again on a busy day .

Went down to get dad yesterday and he was limping really badly . We don’t know if it is muscular or he has hit it ?? it is his instep . BUT he walks up and down the corridors all his waking hours singing and chatting to everyone AND he will be 97 in February .

I am just going to phone and see how he is today :).

I hope you all enjoyed the link x
    Wee xx

Hello all just popped in to wish the ladies off to Leeds this weekend a lovely time. A belated happy thanksgiving to Samm and any others across the pond. I’m happy to read that the spirit of community is there for you Samm – I think Americans could teach us all in this regard.
    Warm congratulations on your MA Hermaj im so impressed quite an achievement! Sorry to hear of your other upset especially as it spoiled your weekend plans. My only experience of being ‘cut off’ was with a very close friend a few years ago. She had emotional and mental health issues and with the benefit of hindsight I can see that I simply ‘knew too much’. I played a trusted and sympathetic role and she revealed to much of herself and then regretted it. She withdrew from me I eventually backed off ,never betrayed her trust and I’m glad to say we have ( sort of) reconciled through time. Could your nephew be threatened by your relationship with his wife? He sounds very insecure if you supported her when he was being a dick he’ may think you are judging him. Forgive me if my opinion is way off. It’s so hard to accept that we can’t change others behaviour only our reaction to it. I’ve stressed and struggled with this and I’m not sure im getting much better at it. I come from a’ least said soonest mended ‘ family but I think it’s far healthier to let rip.
    Hope the Aussie crowd are enjoying their summer weather- my gorgeous daughter is back home for a visit next week and boy is she in for a shock! I’ve got her a fleecy onesie and some furry boot slippers to help combat the cold damp weather we’re having. My Christmas decorations are going up early in her honour. It’s one year today since they left -definitely one of the worst days of my life. She was a prem baby and I had to leave her in the baby unit and go home to my other daughter. The feeling of tearing gut wrenching separation was very similar but now she’ll soon be home I’m so excited I could burst!
    Best wishes to all

Morning/evening all my fellow fasters.

Had a wonderful night out last night (band was a touch loud but enjoyed all the same) good food, great company and I had TWO alcoholic drinkies so DEFINITELY need to put on the brakes today, although I did drink water in between and after. The food was alternate drop, one place/person having chicken the other having lamb shank on a bed of mash with green beans and some sort of salsa topping of tomato, carrot and some thicker sauce type of thing … I had the lamb 😀 which made a nice change from chicken but ate only the beans and a tiny bit of potato but removed as much of the sauce thing as I could … starters was garlic bread with tomato or caramelised onion tart with blue vein cheese (I had the first one but only 3/4 of it) … dessert was either a lemon tart with blue berry sauce or pavlova with strawberries and kiwi fruit … my OH and I cut ours in half and gave half to each other so we had some of both 😀 .

We got home just after 12:30am and it’s now 5:30am (we didn’t get to bed until around 1am) so I’m going to go back to bed for a snooze shortly … I know I need more sleep but also needed to get up for a while too.

Hoping the Yorkies are having a ball together 😆

Just home from A&E with Dad . he stopped walking about in the care home yesterday as his foot was really sore . He NEVER sits down . He was still sore today and needing help so the nurse at the home got the Dr in .we were all worried his foot might be broken . They were all lovely at A&E and he was singing all the time . ..After we had been there for some time Dad got up from the wheelchair and walked to the toilet . . His foot WAS still sore but nothing like it was .
    When we got back he lay down in his bed with his clothes on and said good night to my OH . The staff said they would go and see to him 🙂
    So relieved nothing was broken .
    You hear so many stories about care homes BUT the staff in Dads are brilliant . The all care for him so much . He doesn’t realize how lucky he is .
    Just glad he is OK xx

Poor dad, Wee. Better to be sure though. I hope he’s comfortable now. P x

Good morning all. Thanks for all the supporting comments – it has been difficult reading all the posts of loss and knowing that my lack of loss is entirely of my own doing but I figure that some of us may be abit slower with embracing this way of life! I spent a few hours with a friend who is in hospital last night. It was 24 hrs after major surgery and she was not good. The complicating factors are due to her weight, it was quite sobering for me and made me more determined that I have to turn around for my health.
    Another warm day and I have to get the house in order and then drive to work and complete a number of tasks before 7 pm. It is making the last few weeks of work very long. Our Xmas do on Tuesday but I will be moderate and then a gathering of leaders on Friday for a very nice lunch. More calories !
    Well my coffee is finished so off to clean the bathroom and lounge room ciao emel

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_f0Qx6tBS1zSmtlazdYUTRBLW8/view.
    This is the link to Michaels (and others) recently published paper on the timing of eating affecting our health. A clever person on another thread figured out how to download it via Google Drive. Pretty heavy in parts but worth reading!

Emel, don’t be downhearted at your reported slow progress.

I joined this thread along with several others some months ago as ‘refugees’ when things went pear shaped on another.

While I would very much like to lose 2lb/week according to Jojo’s thread name, I admitted at the outset that I wasn’t prepared to put that much effort in while my current practice results in a satisfactory 1kg/month or slightly more on average. Despite that everyone here has been most welcoming.

If you look back through my posts, you will find that I only report a loss about monthly but no-one seems to mind. Any sustainable loss for me is marvellous, having tried most dieting systems over the past 15 or so years without managing to keep the weight away after reaching whatever my goal was at the time.

You are doing very well and we all know that one of the main advantages of this WOL is its flexibility.

On slightly different note and prompted by the Yorkies’ rendezvous plans, I wonder if you would like to meet at some stage for a coffee/tea and chat? From your earlier posts I suspect we live quite near each other. I will be on leave for most of January. Absolutely no worries if you don’t want to but if you do, you could send me a message via the thread’s FB page. Nicky.

Hi there Nicky, Wiwi and Emel (southern Hemisphere folk currently on line)
    Sitting by the pool in my swimmers, under the awning, as the rain patters down. SO good to hear that sound after so much dry.
    Hope you all had a good weekend. In deference to the Yorkies, I attended a Christmas market today and picked up some lovely handmade crafts. The year is rapidly coming to an end and half the things (radio/tv programs) are closing down until late January, while the consumer frenzy is starting in earnest.
    Pigged out a bit today on snacks available at a couple of functions. Who cares? At my lowest currently and the fast tomorrow is a welcome relief! That’s why I love this WOL so much. It is the ups and downs that make it SO easy.
    Happy fasting tomorrow everyone. Cheers, P 🙂

Hi everyone

Just a quick check-in whilst the champion snorer in the next room is still roaring away. His poor wife …!

Had a lovely afternoon with the vivacious Jojo yesterday. Lots of laughs, and I’m looking forward to meeting up in York today before we head off home in different directions. It’s such a shame that Hermaj and Lizzie weren’t able to join us – and the other UK contributors who would like to have but couldn’t, either for geographical reasons or other commitments. I’m sure Amazon is having a great time in Cuba, and I think Happy was off to a REAL German Christmas Market in Berlin?

Food wise, it has been a pretty good weekend except for a pack of M &S Tiffin which mysteriously found it’s way into my basket – and I don’ t even have a sweet tooth! However I must have walked the equivalent of Dick Turpin’ ride from London to York over the past couple of days, so I’m not too worried. OH is cooking a nice meal for me to go home to and it’s a fast day tomorrow, so it will be interesting to see what the scales say on Monday.

Haven’t had chance to read the recent posts but hope everyone is well, and that Lizzie’s’ dog and Wee’s Dad are ok.

Have a good day/evening all

Smiffy x

Good morning ft’s,
    Thank goodness I had a lovely quiet room Smithy. The dinner on offer was edible but not nice. Luckily that lovely salmon salad kept me going until breakfast. I slept very well in my huge king size plus bed ( did they know I was coming, this is what I call spacious). I have put my Christmas jumper on and am looking forward to seeing the cathedral in York and the Christmas markets. Of course this will be made much more fun by meeting up with Smithy. We got on like a house on fire over a pot of tea in Betty’s. The disadvantage of the markets is the predominance of food and drink. I am sure Smithy will keep me on track. We phoned Weemam from the cafe yesterday but the line broke down, such a shame. Next Meetup Glassgow next Spring. Lizzie we will ring you today if we can find a good signal somewhere. Apparently Lincoln is the best uk Christmas market, so says the experts who attend these things every year. But for me, I will go by train, bored with coaches.
    Lizzie, how is Charlie today?
    Emel, we all do the best we can and accept our limitations, small weekly goals is the way forward, trust me.
    Samn, enjoy your break.
    Hermaj, live your life how it is now not how you want it to be, you can’t change other peoples feelings. I know it’s more difficult for some to socialise but friends are a great support we need to work on our positive friendships not our negative ones. Write to your nephews but don’t ask them to choose, just be upbeat and say how much you enjoy their company and contact. A weekly text will keep you in touch. Boys especially I have found do not feel the need to keep in touch without a purpose. We have all felt the pain of rejection and do not make light if it. Enjoy your MA glow, it was hard won, don’t let it be spoilt.
    Ply, still wondering what you are up to ‘fasting wise’. ? How is the maintenance going?
    RT , glad you are still focused
    Must get going now, don’t want to miss the coach to York

As for those of you in the SUN, so envious.

Enjoy the markets Jojo….I’m envious 😉 P

Weemam,
    Hope your Dad’s foot is ok today?
    Love Jojo xx

Morning All,

Unfortunately it wasn’t me going to the Berlin Christmas market 🙁 can’t just remember who it was though.

I have been to the Lincoln market though, many years ago when we lived in East Anglia. We bought all sorts of lovely things, mostly for us! And had an interesting wander round Lincoln also. But I do remember there was a lot of food and drink! It is only once a year though 🙂

Decided to sleep a lot . As the holiday , made take on an extra day on Saturday morning.
    I only had half my TDEE Friday and Saturday. So though I I’d be lying if I said I fasted the day after thanksgiving I did try until dinner, but the mood of the house was eat together. Sometimes they feel like I’m avoid them, or not participating If I dont eat with them. But I managed to look over what was good for muscle food and we had family time in front of the television watching a Christmas concert. I’m just tickled pink with the set of 40lb kettle balls . Now I have weights in living room, my bedroom, and outside. All the places where I would use them. Without having to plan to lift. I can lift spontaneously with them always at hand. I’m daughter and her friends are always having fun with too. As they struggle to lift them off the ground and I just go at it. It nice to them trying. Especially when I see them getting bored . I pause their shows on commercials and rollout the stability balls and it’s. Just fun time . But I get the chance to teach them the basics on stability ball , which my daughter needs.

Going to the gym today.

Emel along as your doing the 500-600 calorie fasts. The weight will come off! The more I have practiced them the more i feel apart of the whole 5:2 community! Sometime I try , struggle and fail. When reach out to my family and friends where I live and breath they nearly fall asleep right then and there. ;( they could care less about what I eat when and how much. Here we share our ups and downs . I’m grateful to have been on this journey with JOJO and all the others that come and go. It’s been 19 intermittent months for me. I mean I’m the classic steak and potatoes guy, beer and nuts! I’ve lost before , but those diets didn’t ever seem like I could do them even after I reached goal. I truly believe there are some more benefits to fasting other than weight loss. the lack of definitive proof may take decades to become consensus in the professional community. I’m not waiting for them all to agree. I’m looking at the statistics instead. More importantly. What’s doable by me myself, and I!

Yes I can fast 2-3 times a week! Yes I can follow a practice of calorie restriction. 2-3 times a week when I reach goal. Yes I can eat the super health foods and have learned how I prefer them. Yes I can keep improving my strength everyday in some way. The only thing is struggle with the most is I can’t seem to shut up about it. LOL. I’m glad to to come on here and hear about JoJo , Hermaj, amazon, emel, ply, simcoeluv, assie Oma , Fran fit, Weemam, lizzy, happy, PVE, rouge, smiffy, tartan lass, happy, Nama ,Nicky,tangawiwi and so many more, even on the other threads too. What’s inspiring is that it works! And I love hearing about it.
    If I were only able to give 1 bit of advice . It would be to keep on Keepin on with at least 2 days a week and take a planned break for two weeks when the seasons change. My second bit of advice is to find any which we can to count calories and observe TDEE on feed days. A third would be to discover if it’s possible to do a HIIT exercise, or strength training to eventually work into and support a HIIT exercise. SWIM HIIT is most doable, but SKIP HIIT. Is most accessible IMO .

PVE. Has the best attitude IMO . If were satiated we can keep on Keepin on.

Here some humor friends 😉

– 
        – 
        – I always say shopping is cheaper than a psychiatrist.
        – Whoever said money can’t buy happiness simply didn’t know where to go shopping.
        – We used to build civilizations.  Now we build shopping malls.
        – Oh, for the good old days when people would stop Christmas shopping when they ran out of money.
        – Anyone who lives within their means suffers from a lack of imagination.
        – Thank God we’re living in a country where the sky’s the limit, the stores are open late and you can shop in bed thanks to television.
        – The quickest way to know a woman is to go shopping with her.
        – I haven’t reported my missing credit card to the police because whoever stole it is spending less than my wife.
        – A Christmas shopper’s complaint is one of long-standing.
        – I went to a general store but they wouldn’t let me buy anything specific.
        – Shopping tip:  You can get shoes for 85 cents at the bowling alley.
        – I like my money right where I can see it – hanging in my closet.
        – Credit buying is much like being drunk.  The buzz happens immediately and gives you a lift…. The hangover comes the day after.
        – A bargain ain’t a bargain unless it’s something you need.
        – A bargain is something you can’t use at a price you can’t resist.
        – The odds of going to the store for a loaf of bread and coming out with only a loaf of bread are three billion to one.
        – The woman just ahead of you at the supermarket checkout has all the delectable groceries you didn’t even know they carried.
        – Anyone who believes the competitive spirit in America is dead has never been in a supermarket when the cashier opens another checkout line.
        – The other line moves faster.
        – If men liked shopping, they’d call it research.
        – Shopping is better than sex.  If you’re not satisfied after shopping you can make an exchange for something you really like.
        – When women are depressed, they eat or go shopping.  Men invade another country.  It’s a whole different way of thinking.
        – Ralph Waldo Emerson
        – Once again, we come to the Holiday Season, a deeply religious time that each of us observes, in his own way, by going to the mall of his choice.
        – The only reason a great many American families don’t own an elephant is that they have never been offered an elephant for a dollar down and easy weekly payments.
        – Shopping is a woman thing.  It’s a contact sport like football.  Women enjoy the scrimmage, the noisy crowds, the danger of being trampled to death, and the ecstasy of the purchase.
        – Erma Bombeck
        – On the one hand, shopping is dependable:  You can do it alone, if you lose your heart to something that is wrong for you, you can return it; it’s instant gratification and yet something you buy may well last for years.
        – I love to go shopping.  I love to freak out salespeople.  They ask me if they can help me, and I say, “Have you got anything I’d like?”  Then they ask me what size I need, and I say, “Extra medium.”
        – Buying something on sale is a very special feeling. In fact, the less I pay for something, the more it is worth to me. I have a dress that I paid so little for that I am afraid to wear it. I could spill something on it, and then how would I replace it for that amount of money?

Here’s some hopefully funny things I copied from the Internet .

Thank you everyone for your concern. I agree, my nephew has mental health problems. At the same time as I supported his wife, I also supported him. In fact, she encouraged me to do so, on the basis that he loved me and respected my opionion and it might do some good. My approach was to tell him I loved him dearly but his behaviour was that of a shit. I never betrayed a confidence either way.

MY OH played a role in this, banning my nephew from the house, although I continued to see him and exchange emails quite happily for nearly two years before he suddenly turned on me.

I too am going to wind up with mental health problems if this goes on much longer. We had a dreadful shouting match yesterday during which I was told I was “as big a c*** as your c*** of a nephew”. It packed a bag and found a hotel. I’ve only returned today because I have a job to deliver tomorrow.

I’m going awol from the forum for the time being. I’m liable to say something out of turn and offensive, especially if anyone goes so far as to tell me to get a grip.

SAMM you are right on the button pal and I know what you mean . I started to tell my new neighbour about 5.2 then stopped because she would not really be interested but did congratulate me on my loss. It is brilliant that we can all come on here and chat about anything and know others are interested in our daily lives . I love to hear all the family stories . I laughed out loud at some of your one liners .

Hermaj . I don’t think there is one person on this thread pal that would ever hurt your feelings as you are just so lovely . We all need someone o talk to OR we would go mad . You are my friend on FB and I am saying hand on heart that you can PM me anytime and we can chat away together . Everyone needs someone to vent with :).

nama thanks for that link . There is loads of good info on there . My 2 grans my Mam and dad and my 3 aunts had?have Alzheimer’s and that was the main reason I started 5.2 . Loosing the weight has been such a fantastic added bonus as has meeting so many lovely new friends .

I just called the care home and Dad is”too cosy” to get up yet ( one thirty) 🙂 .

The nurse said she would give me a wee ring when he surfaces lol. They are all just so lovely . We could not have picked a nicer place for him to be .

Take care ALL you lovely people

Wee xx

Hello All, on my way back from York now having had a great time. We lunched at Betty’s again, York version is better than Harrogate both food and service. Smithy and I drank mulled wine and then had a ride on a carousel. What a laugh. We shopped some more, what a hardship and then bought each other a momentous of our weekend. Felt robin for Smithy and a glass Christmas bauble for me. We plan to meet again, it was a very special event.
    Hermaj, we will miss you but understand your decision, here when you need us.
    Time for a read, love Jojo xx

I am so pleased you had fun .That is what it was all about . Safe journey home pal .

Wee xx

SAMM dude you are are one switched on cool cat
    seriously that last post just hit the nail on the head
    mate
    i couldn’t agree more
    well done is always
    better than well said 😉
    RT

Good morning/evening FT’s.

Hermaj so sad to hear what was said to you … HUGS … to me there is no place for that particular word to be said out loud especially by someone near and dear … is he having his own issues perhaps and taking it out on you? Please keep coming on here and posting when you feel up to it as we all love and miss you when you’re not here.

Glad Jojo and Smiffy had a great time in York … would have loved to have been with you 😀 … safe travels home to you both.

Wee hope your dad is well again with his foot. Yes, it’s hard to not get overly enthused with telling people about this WOL and if you do the shutters tend to go down, lol.

SAMM great post as usual, hi RT hope all’s going well with you.

Hi to everyone else too, just keeping things relatively short today as it’s an early start day for me today at work 😀

Catch up later when I can … happy FD/non-FD everyone 😆

Hi all, it is a fast day for me today and I am looking forward to it! NickyF I would love to catch up- but I do not know how to access the FB page. Ie I am on Facebook myself but not sure which page you are referring to as there are quite a few Fb pages for 5:2. Jan sounds great, I am staying put and painting my verandah well that is the plan!

Hi Hermaj,

We’ve spoken before about the similarities between our OH’s and, oh dear, your argument sounds horribly familiar!

I’m old enough and ugly enough that I don’t take it personally any more.
    I just think, well he is only a man after all so of course his emotional development stalled at puberty, and he doesn’t have the skill set or wit to deal with emotional issues.
    And I now also think of Micky Flanagan, and his tale of ‘casual c***ing’, where on first using the term to his OH, she retorts that she is not a c***, he is. And that’s the moment he realizes the relationship is going to turn out alright!

I’d rather my OH didn’t resort to name calling (but it is only words…), and was more emotionally supportive (I blame his mother…!). But that’s just him…

Take care of yourself, and please try not to let this year you apart.

Hi AO all good thanks I am winding up in the next 2 weeks then embrace 4 weeks holidays Emel happy fasting to you it is strange to look forward to the lightness that comes from fasting hey.?? and Nicky happy fast day to you I have just had the shave off in the staff room so its now just a plain ol rouge again 😳 and not Lillie/newcombe any longer hi PVE and Nama that link was insightful I love the big words Cellular and Molecular Mechanisms: Insight from Intermittent Energy Restriction and Fasting or IER metabolic response to food intake controlled by the endogenous circadian system awesome better awareness with science.
    SAMM 19 months ADF that’s impressive congratulations that is inner strength people
    Herm I have read your story tragic as it is and didn’t feel I could add anything that hadn’t been said from our forum family BUT the shouting match yesterday language is lowest of the low don’t let the behaviour of others ruin your inner peace herm stay strong grasshopper..
    The yorkies catch up would have been a talk fest for sure my dear dad loved to use his favourite phrase “fair dinkum she could talk under water with a mouthful of marbles”
    As often as he could!!
    Very good friends let’s get our fast on 😆
    Peace
    RT

Hi everyone

Firstly Emel, as our English friends would say “I’m right chuffed” that you would want to meet. My email is on my profile page until tomorrow morning. If you miss it let me know but I try to limit exposure to spammers.

The FB page for this thread is ‘Fast Trackers International’ and you need to request membership from the organizer – maybe Lizziepopbottle? Sorry, memory fails me.

Hermaj, sorry things are going awry with you. Take care of yourself.

SAMM, another 😆 moment with your one-liners. Thanks yet again.

RT, your dad’s phrase is one of my favourites – applied often to me by my dad. My primary school reports frequently included ‘inclined to be talkative’! Another I love is ‘better than a poke in the eye with a burnt stick’ – a rough and ready version of ‘count your blessings’.

Jojo and Smiffy: what a weekend! Loved the pic on the FB page of Betty’s. It looked so warm and cosy with the lights shining into the gloom.

Wee, what a lovely man your dad sounds. Your stories remind me so much of my own and my uncle, both gentlemen of the old school, now sadly ‘late’ as Precious Ramotswe would say.

AO, have a good day at work – fasting?

Usual Monday FD for me. Had a very social weekend although was quite moderate relative to my old habits. The next few weeks similarly so and will fit in fasts when I can. Tomorrow my darling daughter’s birthday. Made a chocolate cake (her request) yesterday which I will turn into a Black Forest version tomorrow to take over after work. Don’t think I could resist a piece 😉

Hi Happy and my Aussie mates PVE, Emel and Bay – hope your poor shoulder is recovering. Sorry if I’ve missed anyone – not intentional, put it down to ‘old timers’.

Keep up the good work all.

Hello everyone,
    yep I am always last in Aus to post in the mornings….just more of a night owl! Lovely to read everyone’s posts, what a great bunch!
    Hermaj I am so sad that you are so distressed that you feel you can’t post for now. I second everyone else’s comments, esp Jojo’s re not being able to change others feelings. Re your row with OH, I firmly believe the bit about Mars and Venus. Most blokes (sorry RT and SAMM) are so different to females when it comes to sorting out emotional stuff….when we simply want to discuss it and bounce ideas off them, or even just vent, they want to help by offering solutions to “fix” our problem, then get offended if we don’t agree with their solution! I have 3 brothers, 2 sons and a husband and although they are all very different in nature, some much more patient than others, they all take the “fix it ” approach when discussing personal problems. So I chat to my sister in laws or girlfriends instead! We usually know what we are going to do anyway and just need to talk. And if unsure of a solution, we just need to talk too!
    Jojo and Smiffy your weekend frolics sounded fun, what a great thing to do.
    Yes SAMM I agree about people not being interested in fasting, well we will show them!
    Wee I do hope your dear Dad is feeling better, he sounds like a darling.
    RT and Nicky, love your quotes…there are so many brilliant ones aren’t there…and I think our Dads had the best! Personally I love “a bucket of eggs and a big stick” (not sure when to use it but it’s so evocative) and my naughtiest son has some beauties, but a bit rude for here!

Planning to assault the ironing today, hopefully I will win. Should be easier not to have excuses to stop whilst fasting! Hope everyone has a great day or night x

Hi Nama

Sorry I missed you in the earlier roll call – remembered too late to edit 🙁

I love old Aussie expressions – will have to work your ‘bucket of eggs …’ one in somewhere today. Maybe it’s about rattling cages?

Have fun with the ironing 😉 Are you in Melbourne? You should get our cool change a bit later – yesterday in Adelaide abt 35 but today a balmy 25 with a little drizzle on the way to work. Our old office building quite warm but have my window open so can hear the birds and feel the cool breeze.

Don’t apologise for being last Aussie to post. Not being up at sparrow’s f**t when you’re retired is mandatory IMO. Purple posts early from her bed sometimes.

Have a good day.

Viewing 50 posts - 4,501 through 4,550 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.