Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 10 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 15,651 through 15,700 (of 16,657 total)

• Morning/evning all,

Hi Nama, July is usually the hottest month in the UK and we often have temperatures in the high 20s/low 30s so I’m not sure why we label it a heatwave as it is normal weather for where we are. I guess it’s British pessimissm regarding the weather πŸ˜‰

It was overcast yesterday and cooler. I was fasting and I got cold!!!!! All remedied with my dinner though.
    I wrapped and pressed the tofu to dry it out a bit, then cubed and cooked it for 20 mins in the oven, turning it over halfway. The recipe I found suggested leaving it to cool before use. It made it firmer and more meaty in texture. I tossed it in 5 spice powder 10 mins before putting it into the stir fry. The only other flavour I added was some soy sauce and I have to say it was very nice. Tofu needs to absorb other flavours and drying it out helped it to do so. It’s not my favourite food but I don’t dislike it and as I’m trying to lower my cholesterol I’ll be eating it regularly and shall endeavour to make it as tasty as possible.

I looked back at my old diaries when I first did 5:2 and lost 2lbs per week easily for several months. I only recorded what I ate on non FDs and when I wasn’t fasting I tried to make good choices but didn’t think about it the whole time. I find that impossible now as every time I see or think about food, I consider how it’ll impact on my weight. I am going to try to work out how I can get back to the mindset I had previously because I am tired of going round in circles.

I’m still struggling on non FDs, the day after a FD is OK but the next one……. πŸ˜•
    so it’s ADF this week which should help.
    I’ve been re-reading The Obesity Code and there are some 7 day menu plans in the appendices for ADF which has given me some ideas.

Have a good one everybody 😜

Morning All,
    Very overcast here but I will go to outdoor bowls anyway. I got through my next round of the Ladies Championship yesterday but have a very formidable opponent in the next round.
    Life here is very busy but meeting a friend for coffee today, no cake of course. Had some homemade Parkin yesterday at my garden club(ruining my fast allowance) The man who had made it makes all his own cakes with 1/4 suggested sugar ratio. It was delicious. He said he finds all commercial cakes too sweet, I agree. His garden is amazing, many rare plants especially New Zealand varieties, including a tree fern. He particularly likes succulents and gave me some good ideas for dry areas of my garden. He also grows grasses of many varieties. Finally he has a very neat artificial lawn. I could definately go for at least one of my four lawns being artificial, much less mowing for me.
    I have to take both dogs to the vet this afternoon, one has a damaged claw and the other has begun to have seizures since I returned from my holiday. Her back legs just seem to collapse, she recovers immediately and otherwise seems fine. They are both elderly but it’s a worry.
    Time to get moving, lots to do, have a great day everyone.

Hello,
    We don’t have sunshine! There were some brief showers early this morning and now nice and cool.
    Amazon I know you are a very educated gal and with experience on 5:2. Why is it that on your NFD you think there’s a problem. The reason I am asking is because I know myself my one missteps. In my case, those 120calx3 or more fermented grape juice then after I want sweets. I try everyday to correct my bad behaviors.
    I am under the impression summing might be a big project because I very long colored hair. But I will try someday.
    Today I am sad! My adopted sister whom was my mon’s left and right hand passed away last night. She went to my mothers’ every Friday to tide up her little home. This woman had it tough from all sides. Her only family are a 17 years old boy and a 21 year old girl. She had a stroke Sunday but couldn’t resist. Right now we all have to come forward with funds to cover the funeral and watch after her kids. She was a great Mom and good friend.
    I have a girls get together later! I have a headache and feel like I have to be quiet.
    Talk to you later πŸ’‹

Hi all,

Thanks for kind words Nama- reminded me that I did do pretty well for most of trip.

Yesterday’s fast wasn’t perfect but a good start. Today, with my blood sugar in better shape, I will fast as long as I can on water n coffee…then move on to protein shakes…then fresh veggies and so on to have as long a fast as possible and lots of good fiber n protein.

One thing I actually accomplished while in Ohio was regularly walking…and my back felt soooo much better. So after last nights good night sleep, I’m going to create an early morning schedule to walk b4 it gets too hot. And that might actually inspire me to be better about physical therapy exercises on my arm/shoulder which I’ve been lazy about in last months.

Happy day everyone. To

HCB,

Hi, sorry to hear about your adopted sister. It’ll be tough for her children.

On non FDs it is the usual problem of once I start eating I don’t want to stop. I’ve been finding it difficult to be as disciplined as before and am looking at ways to conquer it.
    I think ADF might be the answer for the short term. I’ll see how it goes.

My hair is very short as once I got rid of my big fat cheeks and my extra chins πŸ˜‰ I had it all cut off, not that it was very long anyway so I don’t need to worry about it when I swim as it’ll be washed and dried in minutes.

Hi Slim

I’ve been promising myself an early walk for ages but never get up in time. I really need to make more of an effort.

Jo, I’ve been cutting down on sugar when I bake and no-one seems to have noticed the difference. There haven’t been any complaints either. I think it is because it is easier to taste the other ingredients without it being so sweet, which is what I noticed.

Me again.

Has anyone else noticed that no 4 star meal or lavish dessert tastes as good as a bowl of beans on a fasting day? I was thinking that maybe I should just fast to the point of that hunger every day for such a pleasure!

Sorry to hear about your adopted sister HB. πŸ˜₯ Feel so sad for her kids.

Jo,

Before you replace the natural living thing that is your lawn with plastic, have a think about how how environmentally friendly/ beneficial to wildlife artificial grass is…. (Hint, it isn’t).

http://www.gardenersworld.com/blogs/gardeners-musings/artificial-grass/3020.html

Happy, looking at Jo’s photos of her garden, I can’t imagine she would consider covering such a vast area with artificial turf! I hate the stuff. (sorry if I am offending anyone) A friend of mine put some in a small area that is shaded by gum trees as she could not get real grass to grow, for me it ruins her otherwize glorious garden.

Healthcoach your lovely hair would probably suffer with regular swimming in a chlorinated pool, not sure if you could find a saltwater one? It is a pain having to shower and wash hair after a swim, but everything has a price!

Morning/evening all,

β˜€ this morning πŸ™‚

I’m not a fan of lawns, I think they are a waste of valuable space and in my experience the majority of people only step on them to mow. Give me a wildflower meadow or a veg garden any day. If I had a large garden I would keep the grass to a minimum.

FD and gym again today.

HCB-very sorry about your loss. Thinking of you.

Happy
    I won’t really use artificial grass, I know it isn’t Environmentally friendly, just a momentary thought, madness, just thinking of ways for cutting my workload in summer. Not really sure I like it either Nama, looks neat but colour wrong and feel horrible. It is getting very popular in the South though, as is paved areas. My neighbour has bought a new type of slow growing grass, only needs mowing once per month. If it works I may consider changing to that, if I can afford it.

If there is a lot of rain its a twice weekly job, especially the lawn I put in last year. What I really need to do is put in a huge veg garden and compost area but that will probably be more time consuming especially snail patrol. My husband retires next year, he has never liked gardening but may help more then at least until we sell this house. Lots of downsizing of possessions to do first plus lots of decorating.

My dog has a defective disc in her spine which has caused her leg collapses, her reflexes in one leg are quite slow. But vet says she is doing well for her age, doesn’t seem in pain and sees no reason to make major changes. Just stop her jumping into the car ( use a ramp) and cut her walk by 1/4 hour daily. All very manageable. Good news I was very worried it might be brain damage.

Fast day today, determined not to weaken. No fasting, no losses, simple as!

Have a great Wednesday everyone

Hi Fasters
    Sorry to hear about your loss, HCB. I am glad you are there to support the children and close communities always provide back-up. Having lived so far from my family and friends for so long, I appointed guardians for my children.

It’s a beautiful day today, but already with late summer feel. It will be 28Β°. The municipality here has organized a lovely river water pool, not a real swimming pool, but wonderful for swimming as it is about 70 m long. We go everyday.

Meantime the grass grows- too much of it. I once planted 40 kilos of potatoes there, but it was too much to manage, then lucerne and gradually it is returning to grass. We givemost of our land to a local farmer to graze his sheep, but the 1k square metres next to the house are not animal proof.
    My garden is growing well this year and the salads we make from what is growing there are tasty if challenging. Nasturiums, kale, baby zucchinis,celery, lettuce,radish leaves, raspberries, red currants. On fast days I sometimes go and browse the garden if I’m desperate, but the amount of kale I can eat is limited.

I am suffering from scale- phobia at present, and although I am not gaining as I have more and more scrawyness, I am not losing. Now I have said this I will pluck up courage tomorrow morning at the start of my next fast and weigh myself.

Happy fasting
    Wiwi

PS I have reported the spam.

Mmmm…I DREAM of living somewhere with enough rain to mow twice weekly!
    We have mostly native bush, tall trees with leafy ground cover and a couple of small buffalo lawns. Grandkids need somewhere to roll around! Unfortunately we live on a corner block, so, simply in the interests of tidiness, I mow the street “grass” when the weeds get too long…perhaps 6 times a year.
    I’m with Nama at present. ..trying to keep the winter excess down by being stricter with “extras” on non fast days. Sitting dangerously close to my “trigger point “.
    P

Jo, glad to hear that your girl is suffering from no more than old age, I can understand your relief at such good news πŸ™‚

I am feeling very hungry today and if I have another drink I might explode!
    I am not going to give in and eat as I would rather wait for my prawn and tofu stir fry. I can’t go out as I’m waiting for a delivery so may have to resort to doing some ironing 😫

Desperate times. …desperate measures, Amazon?
    I often resort to ironing on fast days…and I HATE ironing.
    Off to bed…fast day tomorrow. Good luck finishing yours ☺☺ P

Thanks Purple, I decided to prep dinner and sneaked a couple of pieces of carrot. Much better than ironing πŸ˜‰

Good afternoon everyone . Pouring buckets here again today . we were woken up at 3 this morning with a horrendous thunder storm . The thunder and the lightening were only seconds between. First time in my life I have been scared of a thunder storm . The street was flooded in minutes .
    I had put on 9 pounds in the last few weeks as I was stress eating because of Jims op . I kept making something to tempt him and he wasn’t hungry and I ate it :p. He is eating now and I am only 2 pounds off my feel good weight .
    I have been doing ADF for the last 2 weeks and the last 2 have been easy as I had to go buy him smaller trousers and I have been shortening 3 pairs . Easier to do when hands are busy πŸ™‚
    I think I already said our eldest and his lovely wife are having a joint party on Saturday for our youngest granddaughter going to Australia for a year and the eldest granddaughters birthday . I wanted to look my best for that too .
    Still pouring down here and I am off to make a ” healthy ” dinner .
    Take care all

Wee xxx

Hi All,
    Wee, sounds good, I love a party.
    Seriously weight goes on very quickly doesn’t it? It’s so frustrating. Glad you are in control.

Amazon- I cancelled my fast day today- home made warm bread pudding at bowls club did for me. Seriously! I simply cannot resist it. Had fish and salad for dinner.

Try harder tomorrow.

Purple- my trigger point was last April and I definitely missed it, well done for keeping your eye on the ball.

Hi Wee,

well done on getting back on track so quickly.

Jo,

You’ve inadvertently made me feel so much better. I’ve really struggled today but have stuck with it. I’ve had nearer to 600 calories than 500 but I’ll take that. It was such a desperate day that I did the ironing, every last bit. The flat is already clean so there is nothing else to do. I should be able to make it to bedtime without any misdemeanours.
    You’ll have to fast tomorrow instead which isn’t the end of the world if you keep away from pudding of any description πŸ™‚

I succumbed to some delicious bread pudding when I was in Herefordshire and came home thinking about making some. Fortunately I managed to talk myself out of it as there is no-one to eat it but me so it would have been a dis-as-ter!!!

I’m going out for the day tomorrow to the other side of London. We’ll be visiting the Horniman Museum and Gardens in Forest Hill. I’ve looked at the website and there is a lot to see and most of it is free. I love going to new places 😎

Amazon,
    Good to know I have helped.

I haven’t been to that museum for years but I vaguely remember it being good. I worked in Forest Hill for a year, loved it. Shopping was great, very multi cultural area. That’s what I miss about living here, it’s blandness. Beautiful but the Island mentality is endemic. There are so many people here that have seen nothing of the world or even the UK and don’t have any interest in doing so at any point. Like you I love to see new places and meet new people.

Have a great time. I will think of you as I drink my fruit tea and drink my bottles of water.

Totally understandable Wee. So pleased you are over the worst and Jim is eating (your share πŸ˜‰) again.
    It’s been teeming rain here too for a few days and nights. Reminds me of Cornwall!
    Jo, by “trigger point”, I mean the maximum weight before I have to put in real effort, reassess, to give me a couple of kilos “wriggle room” below it. My trigger point is 60kg. That is smack in the middle of what is regarded as a healthy weight for height. I’d rather be 58, as I usually am, to give more eating flexibility. Winter weather and an imobilising injury has resulted in a bit of upward creep.
    When faced with a pudding you simply can’t resist on a fast day, eat a little, but then go back to fasting. No such thing as failure.
    Amazon, what a great choice! Carrot over ironing ☺☺ P

Hi All,

Wow Wee, you got that weight off fast! I hope my vacation extra comes off as quickly!

So I’m at 24 hours in a 34 hour fast. It’s 9:30pm and I’ll be done at 8 am tomorrow.

I don’t dare go downstairs. I made a very big dinner for the fam and don’t want to tempt fate. I’ve only had water and some broccoli tastes after I thought I had burnt the broccoli. Nope, still good…or was it the fast making me think even burnt broccoli is wonderful.

Anyway, after this fast welcome me to the club, I am switching from ADF to 5:2 as of this week! Unless eat days get too processed or rich, I’m ready to focus on good eating except 2 days a week. πŸŽˆπŸŽ‰πŸ„πŸ’ƒπŸŽ“

Morning/evening all,

Sunshine with a cool breeze this morning, perfect weather for walking around in the fresh air πŸ™‚

Once again after going to bed feeling hungry (which I’m sure was influenced by mood rather than real hunger) I’m not feeling the need to eat anything.

Jo, I didn’t choose to live here as like my parents I was born in London, but I cannot imagine living anywhere else. I love travelling and visiting different places but living in any of them doesn’t appeal. Having said that, London by the sea would be heaven 😎

PVE,
    Yes I understood your reference for ‘trigger’. I am a long way from my mid point healthy range. The bread pudding serving was only snack size (2″ by 1″) but tasted heavenly. Although I realise many might consider that a proper potion.
    My mother used to make a roasting dish size every week, I could have eaten the whole thing, she was a very good cook. I particularly liked the corner square, more crunch. I associate this dish very strongly with happy memories which is why it could never be a ‘banned’ food. Limited portion size and limited frequency is the best I can do. I would definately not cook one even though I have her recipe. Actually I may do it when I reach goal. Note ‘when’ not ‘if’.
    Fasting today in preparation for Folk Week which starts tomorrow night, I will be on door patrol 4 hours every afternoon or evening, listening to the live music in the performance tent. Then guests arriving next weekend. I also have two concerts to attend, a Pink Floyd Tribute Band and Elkie Brooks plus a river cruise with lunch. It’s all go here. I still plan on keeping the food healthy options, making good mediterranean salads daily. Tried it with makerel last night but it repeated on me for hours, not nice.

Good attitude Jo! I adore bread pudding and still make it occasionally with homemade sourdough.
    Very much a “sometimes” food ☺☺P

Hello,
    Thanks for the comforting words!
    My husband is obsessed about his lawn! Florida and here. It cost him lots of money with a special fertilizing extra service. In Florida we have sprinklers and here water by hand and the area it’s much bigger. Well! He has no hobbies … This is it for him
    The weather for the last 2 days it’s gorgeous! Just like spring and walking in the woods its previous.
    Purple I can imagine how beautiful your vegetable garden is. I was born and always lived in Cities so my garden skills are mediocre. I have a girlfriend on Switzerland who takes a lot from the garden … Well she is a farmers daughter 😘
    I am supposed to be fasting today! But head is a little fuzzy so I’ll try to be strong. This year was reaching 66 kilos what drove me nuts. I like 58 better and also I believe I am one inch shorter.
    Jo how can you come up with so many things to do and unbelievable energy 😱
    Have a good one! Back to you later πŸ’‹

Hey all!

Im at 38 hours fast right now!

Wooohooo! πŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒπŸ’ƒ

Gonna break it today when that hunger comes on that makes burnt brocolli taste good, and then w something healthy!

PVE- wish i were close to my trigger point..but ive done a million diets so im choosing slow n steady even if i dont see those numbers for a long time. Still, im a lil jealous. πŸ‘Ώ

Jojo- i agree with HB, you are the busiest person i know! Would love your energy.

Amazon- isnt it crazy how hungry you can go to bed, and how we wake up with no appetite?!

Ok, off to take cats to vet n kids to pool! Giddy-up!

Hi Fast Trackers and Hello World (You All know Who You ARE) πŸ˜‰
    A lady comes home from her doctor’s appointment grinning from ear to ear. Her husband asks, “Why are you so happy?” The wife says, “The doctor told me that for a forty-five year old woman, I have the breasts of a eighteen year old.” “Oh yeah?” quipped her husband, “What did he say about your forty-five year old ass?” She said, “Your name never came up in the conversation.” πŸ˜†
    Have A Happy Weekend All You beautiful Losers
    Peace RT

Haha! You just made up for the blonde jokes RT!

Evening all,

I’ve had a great day today and liked the Horniman museum and gardens so much that a return visit is already planned. There was so much to see that we couldn’t do everything. Our journey had to be replanned mid way as we discovered our destination station was closed due to the appearance of a sinkhole beneath the track 😱
    Fortunately living in London means there is always an alternative route and we soon found a bus that took us to our destination.

There is an excellent on site cafe where we had a delicious lunch. I broke my fast with a mezze of hummus,olives, salad, sun blush tomatoes, tabbouleh,feta and wholemeal pitta bread and my friend had ricotta and spinach stuffed pancakes in tomato sauce. It’s worth a return visit just for the food πŸ˜†

We walked through Crystal Palace park on the way home which was also very nice. I am really enjoying visitng parts of London I’ve not been to before 😎

I am now enjoying a glass of fermented grape juice πŸ˜‰

Evening All,
    Yes I am a very busy person, always have been probably always will be. I actually have to have a timetable and reminders on my phone and iPad or I forget things. They say always ask a busy person if you want to get something done. I average about 3 activities per day but housework is a very low priority. Do the washing when I run out of underwear, hoovering/ dusting before visitors due apart from kitchen, bathroom and lounge done daily for hygene. Two dogs makes for lots of cleaning.

But lots of my activities are based on my selfish pursuit of bowls, walking and gym plus playing card and board games. I love live music events so try to fit these in regularly too. Don’t think you will hear from me much over the next week as too much on so be good everyone. Be in touch next weekend.

Amazon- that cafe sounds good, I must plan a trip there. Crystal Palace was a favourite haunt of mine when my children were young. They had giant models of dinosaurs everywhere. Glad you had a good time.
    Fast day went well, resisted birthday cake at bowls, luckily it was coffee cake, not a favourite.

Away for a week it is nice to be home and I have learnt some more along the journey if we take some time off this WOL our weight goes up 😯 no S**T Sherlock. Now I was on the LCHF Mantra of eat when your hungry and stop when you are full and took a week off from fasting completely the first time in nearly 2 years and I enjoyed every second of every minute of every hour of every day in the van just yfee and I oh yes and of course the dog on a cheeky little unplanned quick break. So 3kg up is the result and I am not fazed at all in fact I am very much looking forward to the challenge this week it will be the fourth planned 4 day fast in the schedule having done one in Feb April and June already I am also one of those cavalier maverick types πŸ˜‰ who do not weigh every day and certainly don’t own or ever intend owning little lone using a set of travelling scales for holidays but certainly acknowledge those of the forum who do and you know who you are πŸ˜†
    haveagoodweekend
    Eat Fast & Live Longer
    Peace RT

Funny about that, RT!
    It proves, what we’ve found. Maintenance requires regular fasting. Those traditional societies, that incorporated fasting in their calendar, knew a thing or two.
    Up early to watch the Olympic Opening Ceremony. ..hours later they are still just talking…could have slept on.
    Have a good weekend everyone. P ☺

Hi all,

RT if you did not fast for a whole week (or weigh) I think 3kg is more than reasonable! I guarantee it will fall off in a jiffy. Great to hear you enjoyed your break, very cosy weather for a van!

I am up early to go to a neighbour (of 28 yrs) funeral this morning – everything gets put into perspective at these times, she was only 71.

I am not interested in the Olympics Purple, how do you know who is competing honestly? Peter Singer made a comment last week – maybe we should let all the drug cheats go ahead and see who overdoes it and kills themselves in their quest for glory! Far too much of taxpayers money wasted IMO.

We are off on a short road trip tomorrow, return home open ended. I am aiming for 16:8 and mindful eating, see how much “damage” I can do in a 4-5 day window! My 10 days of extra care with calorie counting on NFDs has paid off fortunately, lets see if I can keep it up!

Well my week off work is also drawing to an end. It’s been a staycation, but spent with family in the Lake District daily. No fasting, and not 16:8 every day, and most days have featured sandwiches, and every day has featured cake. However, most days have included at least a short walk, and two days had reasonable walks (20km and 14km, with perhaps 800m of ascent).

This morning I’m 1kg up on a week ago, and 0.5kg over my upper maintenance limit πŸ™‚

I’m a bit ambivalent about the Olympics this year too. Why is it that humans have to spoil everything?!

most days have included at least a short walk, and two days had reasonable walks (20km and 14km, with perhaps 800m of ascent).Hi Happy you set the bench mark for what a reasonable walk is 20km of 800m of ascent wow that is bloody awesome good skills you!!
    RT

Thanks RT. You know you’re alive when your lungs and legs are burning πŸ™‚

You see a lot of older people walking in the Lake District. I think that probably sums up my ambition for old age, to be healthy enough to still climb mountains (albeit more slowly and probably with walking poles πŸ™‚ )

Hi everybody, I’m another 5lbs down since last week and that’s without doing any cycling on the turbo trainer, as one of the cranks on my bike developed a fault and I couldn’t use it.

Well done on the walking Happy. I used to do a lot of walking years ago but stopped when the foot & mouth crisis hit and I never got back to it. I moved up to the Lake District to do the Wainwrights two years ago and I haven’t done one yet! Must do better.

Keep on keeping on.

Excellent work Jim! Don’t spoil it with Sunday lunch today ☺
    You’ll still be running up those hills in your 90s Happy!!! My English grandmother could. The trick is to keep it up! P

Hi everyone,

Well done Jim πŸ™‚

Summer continues in London 🌞🌞🌞 Yesterday evening the warm air was heavy with the scent of BBQ and the sound of people sittng in their gardens chatting and enjoying the weather.

I only managed two fasts this week and am still struggling with eating too much on non fast days. I’m unable to fathom why I’m finding it so tough but I’ll just keep going and hope I can get back into the swing of things soon. It is only two months until I go to Burma which is something to aim for but I’m reluctant to set myself another mini goal as I keep failing. Maybe I’ll try the one day at a time approach……… 😩

Baby steps Amazon. It must be achievable ☺
    You can do it. P

Hi Fasters

Amazon, I am finding it tough going too at present. I got back on the scales and as I suspected, not much lost in two months.

I have done three fasts this week and glad to be about 300g down on a week ago, but it’s slow!
    I have very swollen veins in my legs at present – a summer thing, but fasting does help the inflammation.

Good going SlimJim

Congratulations to the walkers, RT and Happy. I do more in NZ than in France, but doing some biking on our local rail trail and swimming.

Happy day/night.
    Wiwi

Sorry to hear about your veins Wi. The cycling and swimming sound ideal.
    We managed some bushwalking between showers today. Cool enough for rugged tracks, but a bit muddy and slippery.
    Enjoy your summer northerners P

Hello,
    This week I wasn’t mentally prepared fot my Thursday Fasting. Just reading all posts I should jump right back up on that wagon again.

The opening of the olimpics exceeded my expectations! There were so many scandals involving our corrupt politicians in Brazil and delayed construction. I am glad the mood of people are a little up for the moment. I don’t follow any particular sport. Just love the spirit and energy of the event.

Enjoy your day my friends and congratulations losers 😍

Hi y’all,

Celebrating!

Lost all the weight from vacation And switched over to 5:2!!!! Doing happy dance.

Put on my tennis skirt for the first time in a long time and pondering finding my racket in the back of my closet!!!

Well done Jim! 🍾🍾🍾🍾🍎🍐🍊

Go Slimn!! πŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰πŸŽŠπŸŽ‰πŸŽŠ

I think mother nature is once again shaping our days as is it my imagination or are the days slowly getting longer again down here in the SH after 6pm last night and I could see easily to fill up the wheel barrow with wood from the shed down the back today starts a four day fast this week …I nailed 10220 steps this morning and back to work πŸ˜₯ happy fasting day Monday fast friends.

β€œIt’s is easier to avoid eating than to stop eating once started”
    Peace RT

RT, no, sadly, our days are getting shorter so yours are getting longer ☹️
    Really windy here today, not good for my peas or beans… And then it rained this evening, so dark early and the hens were in bed by 7.45 (9.30 is about the latest in high summer).

Jim, great news on continued weight loss.
    And I think you’re wise to hold off on the Wainwrights until you’ve lost some weight. I was only a couple of stone overweight, but even that has made a huge difference… Less weight to haul uphill… Less pressure on joints descending… Improved balance without ungainly fat to overbalance me… Improved fitness and stamina….

P, I don’t know about running at 90! But I’d be more than happy if I could still walk a few miles uphill!

Good morning all SH’ers and good evening all NH’ers. Finally had a semi-FD on a weekend (YAY) have decided to continue the FD through today too. I’ll break my fast this evening (nothing to eat since yesterday morning so will end up around about a 36 hour fast).

Good to hear all the positive vibes going on.

Should be a great day today, expecting to be almost warm today (at 20C πŸ™‚ )

Only another 3 weeks until the plate and all the screws/pins are removed from my arm. Then I will be able to do stuff without pain (hopefully) as at the moment the muscles and tendons catch with most movements.

Wishing you all a fantastic week πŸ™‚

The South Australians are really on a roll!
    That’s sounding positive AO…it’s been such a long up hill haul for you.
    RT, could you let us know exactly what happens on your 4 day fast please? No calories at all only water?
    You’ve inspired me to get up for a walk on this sunny day too. P

Viewing 50 posts - 15,651 through 15,700 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.