Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 9 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 15,601 through 15,650 (of 16,657 total)

• Sweet foodie dreams, Health ☺☺☺

Coolcat,
    I love the ‘Star Trek’ log reference on your post, I must work out what day I am on, it will be a scarily big number after two years and 7 months.

My family and friends are getting used to my place having no snacks apart from fruit. My colleagues at bowls have finally got used to me taking fruit to eat instead of indulging in biscuits and cakes, less defending my food choices.

Cool and overcast today. Lunch out with the girls today (Ladies who bowl) hopefully salad on the menu, must check it out in advance. So it will be an early break in fast today but I am bowling this afternoon and at a meeting tonight so should be able to avoid food for the rest of the day.

I am feeling very tired this week ( post holiday), fi think that long drive plus a very hectic weekend used up all my reserves. Fell asleep yesterday afternoon whilst sitting down after my dog walk. Never usually sleep mid afternoon but I just couldn’t stay awake. I roused myself quicks smart after my ‘power nap’ and got on with some gardening, triffids removed and new lawn edging laid, so much more to do though! I miss my flat with its yard, so manageable compared to this huge garden. But the beans are coming along nicely.

Happy Bump Day UK and Thursday SH’ ers!

Weight same after a NFD, shame I was hoping it would drop again ‘post holiday’ indulgences especially as I stuck to salad and prawns for my meal. Oh well, press on regardless.

Morning/evening all,

☔☔ at the moment but it is due to clear and give us another warm and bright day which is a shame in some ways as the rain isn’t enough to water gardens but it might make my country dust covered car look a bit better 🙂

FD and gym today,

have a good one everybody 😜

Amazon,

I’ll send you a ‘food parcel’ of rainwater if you like 🙂

Sunny here this morning though, after tipping it down overnight, so can’t complain…too much!

Jo,

Weighing daily works for some, including me, but I think perhaps you should stop!! ‘Press on regardless’ because you didn’t lose weight after a non-fast day?! You need to slow down, practice patience, and have realistic expectations 🙂

Weigh daily if you must, but use one weigh in per week only as the measure of your weight and look at the trend over time. This daily ‘lost half/quarter/ no lbs’ is not a true or reliable measure of weight loss.

Jo I weigh daily and there is a definite pattern to it. I can usually guess my weight in advance (correctly) it I am honest with myself re what I have or have not been eating. I would be happy with ‘staying the same’ after a non FD as my weight always takes a big dip after a good fast day, then ‘bounces’ up a bit in between after each non FD. But as Happy says, the small amounts we discuss are really irrelevant, as they are not true indications of ‘fat’ lost or gained. If the overall trend is up I worry and buckle down, and if its down I am very pleased.

Enjoy your gardening up there, its too freezing and too wet to stay outside long here at present. We have water sitting on the ground in our (mostly clay) garden in Melbourne, and are worrying about the rivers in Jamieson flooding and ‘melting’ our mud brick house – it is right on the “100 year flood” line of the Jamieson River and we have had close calls in the past. But I guess it wont be long and we will be worrying about bushfires!

I had a lovely swim this morning, but it was ***** cold getting out of the pool!

Good Morning,
    From hot USA! Thank God I didn’t dream about food reading the posts right before going to bed 🔜 Purple.
    Woke up early and went for my walk and by the end of the day with cleaning here and there I would for sure have some significant steps.

Tonight I am taking one of my girlfriends out for lunch. She is older then my mother but such a sweet soul. A breast cancer survivor and a optimistic.

Happy Fasting for you in tomorrow’s time and good luck to the one to the East.
    ♥️

Hi everyone,

The sun has just put in an appearance as it has been overcast since the rain stopped at 9am.
    Happy, my garden was parched so I watered it on Monday, not a mere splash but a good amount and when I looked yesterday it was dry again. The small amount of rain has done little more than wet the surface, but I would rather have to water than be moaning about all the rain 🙂

The gym was very quiet this morning and the pool deserted which is unusual so I did a slightly shorter workout, then swam for 30 minutes and followed it up with a leisurely sauna. It was so enjoyable.
    I’ve also been shopping for all the things I forgot/couldn’t get on Sunday and am only just sitting down to my first coffee of the day. I’m not feeling hungry which is rather pleasing. I think I’ve found my fasting mojo which has been MIA for a while 😎

I have bog standard cheap and cheerful scales which measure in pounds or kilos and they gather dust between uses. I don’t think that owning a pair that measure half a pound is any use whatsoever as a glass of water weighs that much.

Time to read the paper and enjoy my coffee ☕

Weighing every day has the benefit of developing an understanding that the human body is a living organism, not a machine, and as such will experience significant fluctuations in weight. With this knowledge, one can then understand why weighing at a set time once a week will not easily give you feedback on your progress and can be disheartening in the short term.
    Noting your weigh (even mentally) as ofen as you are naked and near scales, and recording the lowest each week, no matter when this occurs, will give you the trends and encourage you to strive for more.
    One glass of water is 1/4 kilo. It doesn’t take a genius to calculate the weight of “food in transit”. 😯
    Celebrate the long term trends, but be conscious of the everyday.
    As Nama says, if you do weigh often, you can predict with amazing accuracy what the scales will say. There is no kidding myself that the big breakfast and dinner out yesterday weren’t going to show on the scales, but that is not a reflection of fat deposits. They show up in the longer view. ☺☺ The fast today should balance it out. P

Good evening all,
    Very busy day, lunch out was vile- burnt Halloumi (shoe leather)With chilli dressed salad. Sent it back and left the restaurant, they couldn’t boil an egg. Hungry Horse Group, no wonder with the food on offer. I will not be returning that is for sure. My bowling friends all enjoyed their fried food meals, very, very cheap. I sat opposite a woman on Slimming World diet, lost two stone in six months but still 18 stone +, only 4ft 9 ins tall. She ate a huge fried meal then creamy sugary desert justifying it by saying she didn’t like anything else on the menu, rough guess 1200 calories consumed easy. She is not learning to change her eating habits but is presumably eating less than she used to eat. She is dieting because she has severe standing and walking difficulties(crumbling knees), has to use a stick yet only 35 years old, sounds horrible. A lesson to us all- carry on fasting and walking.

I mowed the lawns this afternoon taking advantage of the lovely weather, walked miles too. 13,570 steps but my oldest dog is getting slower these days so I need to do a speed walk with her.

A friend is starting a 100 word writing group which I have agreed to attend. Should be an interesting experience. Anyone else tried this type of writing. I think you are given a picture prompt or phrase. Might be a bit daunting reading the story aloud to the group though. I have always enjoyed writing, diary as a child and I usually write a personal travel blog as an aide memoire.

Happy and Nama- thanks for the weighing tips, I know the fluctuations are inevitable and I only record weekly. Daily weighing does help me keep on track, too easy to bury my head in the sand otherwise, I am very good at that.

Another fast day over successfully, roll on Friday.

Hi all,
    I guess our frequent discussions of weighing intervals, fasting intervals and choices just reflect that we can all do 5:2 in our own way and be successful. In a couple of months it will be two years since I started 5:2 and this month it is a year since I got to a weight I was happy with. (I don’t call it a goal weight, cos I haven’t decided what that is yet!) Maintaining size 12 jeans comfortably this long is a lifetime record for me.

Many of you don’t weigh as frequently as some of us, yet have still had great success. It just proves that if we can integrate fasting into our lives, it enables us to change our eating habits and choices permanently.

I also saw an obese woman with a walking stick Jojo. Someone I have known casually (school mum) for many years. She was always very overweight, but now she is grotesque. Unable to walk properly and bursting out of her huge clothes. It broke my heart as I know she must be very unhappy and also that she does not need to live like this. Food addiction (esp carbs) is very real in the Western world and the ‘dealers’ (food companies etc) are just as guilty as the low lifes who sell hard drugs. I don’t know what the answer is, maybe parents making more effort to educate their children is a start. But we can’t put all the responsibility on parents when so much sugar laden stuff is freely available everywhere and cheap!

Hello,
    Agreeing with Purple!
    Tonight I went out and had a cheese burger in which I ate the burger left the bun but fooled around with some French fries and tomorrow I am Fasting but not expecting to be the happy dance scale music as today’s morning. Looking at the big picture I am down roughly 15 pounds.

Jojo sending my regrets! can’t join the writting group at the moment lol 😂😂😂😂😂.
    Xoxo
    😍

Hello, gals & guys! As always, love hearing about all your successes, advice, and introductions from new folks! Happily maintaining, but have fallen off of the forum habit, obviously.
    Have to preach the gospel of strength training, with heavy weights! Started with a trainer about a month ago, and the change in my body has been unbelievable! My big achievement the other day was that I noticed that I can no longer see my ass in my peripheral vision…it is in the back where it belongs!! Definitely not looking muscle-bound, just toned and fit. I wholeheartedly recommend it! xox, dear friends!

24/6/2016
    Our Australian share market has plummeted off the back of Britain’s decision to leave the EU. I am using the opportunity to increase my stake in the Commonwealth Bank to buy at $72.57 having dropped 3.27% or $2.45 yesterday all the banks are good buying at the moment and returns fully franked are excellent. ANZ -4.09% $23.44 NAB -3.79% $24.61 Westpac -4.42% $28.34 Bank of Queensland -4.34% $10.36.
    A little over 4 weeks ago now and good profits so cashing it in today and wait for a new opportunity
    Commonwealth bank $77.92 + $5.35
    ANZ $25.78 + $2.34
    NAB $26.46 + $1.85
    Westpac $30.91 + $2.57
    Bank of Queensland $10.59 +23
    Peace RT

Hi Ply
    Great to see you back. Mmm…weights, eh? Do you use proper equipment in a gym, or lift bottles of milk etc in the kitchen? 😊😊😊 I agree, we do need to regularly reassess our routines to ensure whole of body health. Glad you are achieving this.

Well done on your investments RT. 💡💡

Morning/evening all,

My comments regarding when to weigh were prompted by Jo informing us that she had lost half a pound followed by a comment the next day expressing disappointment that she had not lost any more. I am not advocating that everyone stops jumping on the scales every day but that we understand that the number we see is not always indicative of fat loss (or non loss) ie as Purple says learn about the way our bodies work and the constant fluctuations of numbers. It is the long term trend that indicates fat loss along with what the good old tape measure tells us and how our clothes fit (or not….)
    I shall not say any more about it other than agree with Nama, horses for courses 🙂

The final straw that prompted me to do something about my weight was noticing a woman of similar age to me struggling to walk around the supermarket due to her obesity. I was already sruggling with a chronically swollen and painful knee that had already had two surgeries. I see so many women, some of them very young who already have knee problems due to excessive weight. I’m not saying it doesn’t affect men but their kness are not usually exposed so I gues I don’t notice.

My knee is fine now, it does give me a bit of pain if I walk up a steep hill or lots of steps, but the pain is only during the activity with no after effects. Nama knows the difference weight loss makes to knees 🙂

I was woken up by my next door neighbour vacuuming at 7.30 this morning and now there is someone bashing and crashing as they remove scaffolding from the house across the street 😬

Two FDs successfully negototiated this week and today is no 3. Off tothe gym again soon and then out to visit a friend this afternoon.

Hi ply, glad to hear you are enjoying weight training. Nicky has been doing it forages and loves it 🙂

Have a good one everybody 😜

I regularly see a huge old guy on sticks in the supermarket, awful to say but he smells really bad…I’m guessing the supperating ulcers on his legs are due to diabetes…

The large number of large younger people also in the supermarket seems oblivious to the fact that he’s their future. The shopping baskets of most are predictably full of bread, cakes and ready meals, and some only get as far as the car before succumbing to a sausage roll or breakfast pastry (although some present an empty packet for scanning as they’ve eaten the contents while walking round the supermarket!).

Some places have a ban on drinking alcohol outside, maybe we need a ban on eating between meals or eating anywhere except in the home or cafe/ restaurant?!

It’s not a fast day for me, but I shall be fighting the urge to graze!

Hi Happy,

The thought of an unhealthy and immobile future due to obesity and its associated consequences has kept me going when I’ve been struggling with this WOL.
    I am not going to be a prisoner in my own body if I can prevent it.

Amazon,

Part of my motivation is my mum, who hated exercise but loved bread, cake and chocolate. She struggled with weight all her life and was obese by her 60s, with joint pain etc, hypothyroid, high BP, high cholesterol, and died of cancer (probably primary breast) in her early 70s.

Such a shame she wasn’t a positive role model!

Hi All,
    It really is depressing that we cannot control obesity in the world. It can only be beaten by better education for all. Michael is doing his bit and I keep trying to help those who need it. But you can’t become a bore over it, I try to lead by example. Keep losing and keep eating salads and veg. Avoiding sugar and carbs as much as possible.

Keeping active is important for everyone. Ply – Great to hear from you! Good news all round especially behind! Ha Ha big bums are still fashionable here though.

Another FD nailed although it was looking dodgy at 3.30. I was saved by yet more coffee and water and have just had another delicious salad with leftover pork.

The gym was tough going today as it is a while since I’ve managed three days in a week let alone two successive days, but I persevered and felt very pleased with myself once I’d finished 🙂

My friends boys were in separate groups, one playing tennis and the other in the football team, They were worn out when we collected them but not too tired for a drink and an ice cream. The little one asked for Lucozade, he knows he won’t get anything that is practically liquid sugar but he always tries 😆

I’m out for the day tomorrow and have no idea what will happen foodwise but I’m aiming for something not too calorific or sugar laden. We are going to a wetlands/nature reserve in South London. Never been there before and hoping it is good 🌲🌳💐🌾🐁🐇🐦🐞🐝

Wish me luck 😉

Hi y’all

My mom, who i am visiting now, is severely obese and has to use a walker (not stick but full on walker) to get to the car.

At the supermarket or any distance further than the car, she has to use a motorized wheelchair. She is 67 years old.

Today she asked me to look at a diabetic ulcer on her leg (after being at the lake with bags of candy by her bedside). It is like living with an alcoholic and watching them drink themselves to death. Its sad.

Amazon, if you are going to the Barnes Wetlands, you are certainly in for a treat!

Hi Silva,

I am not going to Barnes Wetland Centre which is only a few miles from where I live. I’ve been there many times and love it. I’m going to a place in North London but typed South in error 😆

Slim, I think that’s a good analogy. And as with all addicts, until foodaholics are ready to change there’s nothing you can do except watch helplessly…

How terribly sad Slimn. Your mother’s condition is completely reversible with fasting. It costs nothing.
    My husband is 66. He was an insulin dependant diabetic for 10 years. After just over a year on 5:2, he lost over 30kg and is off all diabetic drugs. Now, well over 3 years later, he continues to fast twice weekly, has excellent blood sugar results every day and is in excellent health.
    Michael Moseley and Jason Fung are absolute heroes promoting intermittent fasting to the public at large.
    It is not too late for your mum.
    Good luck. P

Hi Fast Trackers and Hello World (You All know Who You ARE) 😉

A Texan walks into a pub in Ireland and clears his voice to the crowd of drinkers. He says, “I hear you Irish are a bunch of hard drinkers. I’ll give $500 American dollars to anybody in here who can drink 10 pints of Guinness back-to-back.”
    The room is quiet and no one takes up the Texan’s offer. One man even leaves. Thirty minutes later the same gentleman who left shows back up and taps the Texan on the shoulder. “Is your bet still good?”, asks the Irishman.
    The Texan says yes and asks the bartender to line up 10 pints of Guinness. Immediately the Irishman tears into all 10 of the pint glasses drinking them all back-to-back. The other pub patrons cheer as the Texan sits in amazement.
    The Texan gives the Irishman the $500 and says, “If ya don’t mind me askin’, where did you go for that 30 minutes you were gone?”
    The Irishman replies, “Oh…I had to go to the pub down the street to see if I could do it first”.

An Irish priest is driving down to New York and gets stopped for speeding in Connecticut. The state trooper smells alcohol on the priest’s breath and then sees an empty wine bottle on the floor of the car.
    He says, “Sir, have you been drinking?”
    “Just water,” says the priest.
    The trooper says, “Then why do I smell wine?”
    The priest looks at the bottle and says, “Good Lord! He’s done it again!”

Gallagher opened the morning newspaper and was dumbfounded to read in the obituary column that he had died. He quickly phoned his best friend Finney.
    “Did you see the paper?” asked Gallagher. “They say I died!!”
    “Yes, I saw it!” replied Finney. “Where are ye callin’ from?”

Father Murphy walks into a pub in Donegal, and says to the first man he meets, “Do you want to go to heaven?”
    The man said, “I do Father.”
    The priest said, “Then stand over there against the wall.” Then the priest asked the second man, “Do you want to go to heaven?”
    “Certainly, Father,” was the man’s reply.
    “Then stand over there against the wall,” said the priest. Then Father Murphy walked up to O’Toole and said, “Do you want to go to heaven?”
    O’Toole said, “No, I don’t Father.
    The priest said, “I don’t believe this. You mean to tell me that when you die you don’t want to go to heaven?”
    O’Toole said, “Oh, when I die, yes. I thought you were getting a group together to go on a trip right now.”
    Have A Happy Weekend All You beautiful Losers 😆
    Peace RT

Thanks RT! Brilliant!!!! I love Irish jokes – all my ancestors are Irish, so I feel more than a bit Irish myself. So I am happy to laugh at myself!
    Have a great Friday yourself – maybe you can retire a bit earlier if you keep share trading so successfully?

We are off to Inverloch today to visit a friend who has just bought a beach house there. Looking out the window, I think my complexion may improve today with some sandblasting if we get in a good long beach walk!

Morning/evening all,

Three fasts under my belt this week which was the easy bit, now I need to ensure I don’t undo the good work by overeating today and tomorrow.
    I’m not hungry at all after W/Th B2B so that is a good start.

RT, thanks for the Friday Funnies 😅😅😅

Have a good weekend everybody 😜

Morning All,
    Thank RT, love the jokes even with my Irish heritage, actually the blonde jokes hurt more Ha Ha probably because age has left me white blonde locks from being a very dark brunette, always liked my dark hair but not enough to dye it and maintain it.

So today I have a free Gym day, so I am taking advantage of going for a swim. Still not sure I want to commit to it yet but maybe for winter months when I don’t bowl as much.

My poor old dog is having problems with her back legs, keep giving out on her so I need to get to the vet today. Probably be told it’s old age but it’s very sad. But she is still eating and keen to go for her daily walk so I remain hopeful.

Mixed pairs club match bowls match later, my first so I am looking forward to it. I have a good partner so fingers crossed. Last night I was part of a ladies team that came back from 10/0 to 20/14 so that was a game of lows and highs, much like losing weight. Put in the effort and concentration and you can beat the odds. Fasting today but breaking fast with Fish and Chips at a Quiz Night. I will only have 6 chips and no batter, restraint is possible because I am not keen on batter.
    Have a good weekend everyone, mine will be spent gardening, much to do.

Hi All,
    Where is everyone?
    I really enjoyed the gym today. Swim, plus steam room then jacuzzi, very relaxing. I think I may need to renew my membership. I f I go three times per week it will be worth it. I hadn’t realised how much I missed swimming.

I had a great win at bowls this afternoon, such a good lead that the other team conceeded at 18 ends. The opposing female was a good player but her partner was not really trying to win, he was in a bad mood because he wasn’t playing well. He wasn’t even speaking for half the match, behaving like a child.

Another lovely day here, still enjoying the summer weather. Must get ready for my quiz night now.

Ha ha, I’m still here and I’m ON HOLIDAY 😀😀😀😀

One week only, and of course that means nothing to you permanent ladies of leisure… But I’m feeling nicely relaxed even before having a day off.

Jo, I love swimming too, but only if I have the pool to myself. Gym pools are short, but you can generally find a quiet time. I’m so jealous!

Hope the quiz went well and your resolve food-wise held. Six chips?! Really?! You’ll be a stronger woman than me….

Hi Happy yes next week I have off as well the big wet continues and making it very difficult for meat processors to source cattle very tough business at the minute. so i concur the vast majority here are retired and living a well deserved and comfortable life. Jojo I am not sure if by putting the ‘thou shall not’ methodology in place ie No bread no GT or booze is embracing the fast philosophy that said all power to your cause 19/5 is a fantastic WOL when the dealings done a “Kenny Rogers” thing live life and have fun
    The difference is between restricting some foods all the time (CER) and restricting all foods some of the time (IER). This is the difference between failure and success.
    Peace RT

Hi all,

Another fast day that stopped short…leaving mom’s for Nashville tomorrow and then on to Texas Sunday…will definitely need to be fasting strong back home.

Happy, PVE, thanks for kind support. I keep telling my mom about fasting, 5:2 and all of your stories. She is listening and interested. In her own time, who knows. ❤️

Morning/evening all

Another warm but overcast morning with sunshine forecast and a few showers this evening. I’m meeting my SiL for lunch which I’m looking forward to. Depending on the time I might go for a walk somewhere afterwards as I’m doing my best to make the most of the good weather we are enjoying 🙂

RT, surely the fast diet philosophy is that no foods are excluded not that we have to eat them all, and if bread is a trigger food then it is sensible to try to exclude it. Having said that I think that excluding G&T is a treasonable offence 😉

I’m pleased with my week so far, 3 FDs and no overeating on the other 2 days. I need to stick with it now and I have set a mini goal to reach by the time I meet up with some old friends at the end of August. I’ve not seen either of them since before 5:2…….

Happy, enjoy your week off 😎

Hello,
    I was just a little lazy to post last days but I am aware of everyone’s action.
    I did successfully did my 5:2 this week! The last one was a little challenging. The day seemed to last forever. Every FD it’s different.
    Thursday we went to visit a friend for her 95th birthday on a nursing home. Actually her daughter it’s a very close friend. The mother has Alzheimer’s. The place it’s beautiful and filled with activities but for her looks likes everyday it’s the same day. She is in perfect health.
    To that visit we took Sasha and she was the star among the elderly. You could see that sparkle in ther eyes and that smile on their face. Next Saturday there will be a dog parade and for sure Sasha will be there.
    At the gym where I am a member for 11 years there’s a olimpic size pool and o never used. For those of you swimmers. Are you doing serious laps and getting an workout out of it?
    Talki about my coloring adult book next post! It’s one is already to long 😘
    Enjoy your weekend ❤️

Yes Amazon you are spot on and that is what i said what are the chances??
    😆 keep smiling
    Peace RT

Hi Healthcoach,
    I love my swimming, it is the only exercise I enjoy! I only started last year and have slowly built up the number of laps. Its a nice warm pool at a private gym but only 25 metres long. When I started I was barely able to finish 6 laps (with breaks), but now happily do 40 laps each time. I consider it a workout for heart/lung benefits mainly, but all four limbs get used and there is no stress on my joints. The only person who does not appreciate it is my hairdresser as despite wearing a cap, the chlorine still gets in and is harsh on my hair! I try to compensate with lots of Moroccan oil applied first, in fact I think I leave an oily slipstream! The gym has all sorts of other things on offer, but I know myself and there is no point in starting another exercise that I know I will hate and wont continue! The swimming is a lovely balance between self discipline and relaxation and if I pick the right time of day, I often have the pool to myself.

Hi everyone,

I’m just home from a nice lunch and a catch up with my SiL.

It has remained clousy but it warm which is fine by me.

RT, we are all on the same path but appear to have different hymn sheets which is the beauty of 5:2. I love the fact that we can all find our own way to the same destination and I always look foreward to your posts and the pearls of wisdom they so often contain 🙂

HCB. I’ve always loved swimming and one of the reasons I joined this gym is the fact that it has a pool. I use it as a way of unwinding and stretching after an hour or so working out. Sometimes I swim for 30 minutes and on other occasions it may be only 10 but I always enjoy it. The past couple of months the pool has been very busy but the summer break means that less people are at the gym so I get a chance to swim without having to concern myself with getting in someone’s way or them getting in mine 🙂
    It is an excellent form of exercise and as Nama says no strain on the joints. I don’t rush in order to get a workout but I’ve noticed that I’m faster than most and I guess that is because I’ve done a lot of swimming over the years. I doubt that an instructor would be impressed with my technique but it is good enough for me 😎
    BTW 30 minutes of leisure swimming takes a fair amount of energy as it burns 200 calories so it is a good workout without trying hard.

Hello Guys,
    The quiz was ‘OK’ but our team we came last, which at least means we got the booby prize(chocolate). Lots of sport and TV questions and a brutal Geographic round on lesser known European countries. Played our joker on the food round, full marks, surprize, surprize!

I stuck to my resolve on the food front, getting a friend to remove the chips before I got the box. Sadly the alcohol front was a defeat because they made Sangria especially for the event, seemed churlish to refuse( just one) no pudding though, it was merengue, cream and strawberries.

I take swimming seriously as an exercise, used to do one hour of laps, alternate breast stroke and crawl. I wear goggles so swim underwater between breaths. I managed 45 mins yesterday before the dreaded water aerobics class started. My gym has an Olympic size pool too.

Weighing in tomorrow, hopefully down, forgot to weigh for three days as rushing out.

As for giving up foods and drinks I am one of those people that can’t limit some foods so it is total restriction. I wish I wasn’t but I know myself. Bread has always been a trigger food for me but I have got used to life without it now and my stomach is definitely better off, no cramps early morning. I would find it difficult to give up potato completely so I limit it to weekends only. Jacket potato with salmon salad for tea today. As for 19/5, I love it as a WOL, just wish I had started it earlier. I find I drink much more than I used to having three meals. Honestly though I never would have predicted this life change even a year ago.

Happy and RT- have a wonderful week off. I remember how exciting holidays were when I worked for a living. God bless retirement. I must admit though that I am still an early riser, can’t break the habit.

Planning a whole day of gardening tomorrow. No rest for the wicked!

Hi Jojo I see a variant now for 19/5 that I haven’t thought about before or had any experience with as yet. A new adventure and fast discovery for me I’m looking at additional health benefits big and small.
    Where rather than 19/5 at the same time every day.
    It occurred to me the 4.5 hour eating window doesn’t have to occur at exactly the same time every day. By sliding the early one day and then sliding hours late the following day a 24 hour non calorie window could open up 2-3 times a week. While observing TDEE everyday.
    Sunday.12pm – 5pm
    Monday 5pm – 10pm 24 hr fast
    Great win by the pies last night they looked very determined to my eye against a top5 side Nama yes the Rouge 😳 Rogue Trader I would love that and work from home it may be doable 😉
    Dream small dreams. If you make them too big, you get overwhelmed and you don’t do anything. If you make small goals and accomplish them, it gives you the confidence to go on to higher goals. John H Johnson
    Now a snap week off 😯
    Peace RT

Good morning everybody. My first milestone has been reached.

I did my three 24 hours fasts on Monday, Wednesday and Friday. I also did three 45 minute sessions on the turbo trainer on those three days, which burnt 500 calories each time and had a 500 calorie meal afterwards on two of the days. I kept my calorie count at around 1400 per day averaged over the full seven days. Then I thought I’d ruined it by having two huge pizzas on Friday evening at the end of my fast.

I weighed myself this morning and found that in the last week, despite the pizzas, I have lost 8lbs and have gone below my first goal of 20st; I am now 19st 13lbs, which is a total loss of 1st 10lbs over the last seven weeks since I started the fast diet.

Feeling rather smug!

Well done Jim,

keep up the good work and next time just have one pizza 😉

Fantastic work Jim, you will get to goal quickly at that rate.

In contrast I lost 1 lb only for my three fasts. But I am consoling myself with the fact that it is still a down. Also I joined the gym today so I will be increasing my exercise.

Ready for Monday fast.

Congratulations Jim, good work! I’d second Amazon though, particularly as you lose more weight you’ll need to do some work on portion sizes/ portion control 🙂

Jo, good work too! To be honest, I don’t think you could expect to lose much more. You’ve said before that your TDEE is around 1300 calories I think? So three days at quarter TDEE saves just short of 3000 calories per week. Perceived wisdom is 1lb = 3500 calories… Patience!!

Hi all,

Well done Jim!

Hang in there Jo Jo! It takes me such hard work to lose 1lb, i know the feeling!

We are driving from Nashville, through Memphis, on to Hope and hopefully in Austin by 1am.

Our prize will be 2 happy cats..hopefully without any cat surprises. 😼

Fasting and best food choices completely gone last lag if trip. Tomorrow.

Hi Fasters

Conratulations Jim.

I am back on fasting after a sort of holiday, with house guests. Yesterday a semi fast and today as little as possible.

Will check in more this week before the next trip away.

Happy Monday fasting.
    Wiwi

Morning/evening all

FD today.
    I’ve bought some more tofu and have found a recipe for a stir fry where the tofu is cubed and roasted first and is apparently delicious so I’m going to give it a go.
    Watch this space……. 🙂

Hi Wiwi, good to hear from you.

I’m still struggling with my self control on non FDs and yesterday was a disaster eating wise but I’ll just add another FD into my week and try harder 😫

Hello,
    Hope all you on the SH woke up a little lighter this morning. Slim isn’t that a good feeling hen we accomplish a goal? Next time in front of a pizza think about all of us looking at you and point to 1 slice 🍕
    It’s true! When a sit to eat a look at my portion size and try to eat very slow. I have the tendency to make my dinner plate a little to big. I remember that quote from RT. When I am hungry I go for water and during the day not much so my dinner could be a little bigger.
    The past weekend a little to much fermented g
    White grape juice for me and the food LOL. Also I haven’t had ice cream in a long time, thought about you Wee and was so delicious.
    Well fasting today and life goes on! For the last few days was raining and now clouded.
    Also we are on the quest to get those mice and according to some droppings we might have a bat living on a hole we found. They are so smart! The bacon it’s gone 😂😂😂😂
    Talk to you later ❤️

Slim safe travels back home! We were in Nasville and Memphis once. It’s beautiful out there.

Hello all from another cold, wet Melbourne morning…. reading about the heatwave in London makes me jealous!
    Hi Wiwi, great to hear from you. You will slip back into fasting seamlessly, probably enjoy it!
    Amazon, I have never taken to tofu. Vietnamese DIL loves it and cooked it for us several times when they lived here, I just never liked the texture. (And there are not many foods I don’t like!) I copied your recent method of going back to keeping track of calories more closely and it has definitely helped. Apart from strawberry & cream filled sponge birthday cake for son last week, once I made that decision and stopped being lazy with calorie counting, it all got much easier! (for now!!). Constant vigilance is definitely the key. Its too easy to get lazy, portion sizes grow and nibbles just creep in. I am also writing down everything I eat and that really helps – bit of a chore at first, but also another good habit to master!
    Well done Jim, you will be motivated with your results. Persistence is the key with this WOL, the weight will come off, guaranteed! Sometimes we all lose focus, but 5:2 is a very forgiving way to lose the excess.
    Slim you did well to manage your meals on the majority of your holiday, I am sure the ‘damage’ was minimal. I find just being away from my own kitchen is always a benefit!

Viewing 50 posts - 15,601 through 15,650 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.