Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 11 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 10,651 through 10,700 (of 16,657 total)

• Hi Nama,

Thanks for the details. It sounds like a very effective turbo boost!

And on the subject of boring anyone…! If you are, it’s because they are not interested, and not because you are boring.

Hope your team wins!

Might want to yell a little louder Nama a slow start terrible for Swans 250th but wait the second quarter now and the pies have a slight pulse its
    game on ๐Ÿ˜‰

Afternoon all.

Busy, busy, busy ๐Ÿ˜›

Haven’t managed a FD yet this week but should get one done tomorrow and another on Sunday. I planned to fast on Tuesday but after having nothing all day, a beer got in the way of my plans at about 5pm after a long hot walk in Kew Gardens, and it led to wine and pizza. It was a great day and I didn’t over eat so I’m not too bothered.
    I’m really enjoying the tennis and trying to fit everything else around watching as much as I can ๐Ÿ™‚

I hope all is well with everyone.

Mm mm, wine and pizza! Enjoy, Amazon!

Congrats on the new low, Jojo! Keeping that long term downward trend in mind (or even making. A graph like PVE?) can get you through the short term struggles. For my liquid-only I had just my usual morning coffee with about a tablespoon of skim milk, then nothing but water. I am doing it again today, so no food from last night (Wed) at 7 until tomorrow afternoon (Fri) sometime. Aiming for 44 hours again. Going to take it easy today, already got an early run in. Working on finances and records all day…things do pile up!

Have a good one!

Go Ply – wow 44 hrs. The best I can do is about 36. But at least I only break it with a piece of fruit now and don’t even miss my previously much loved meusli. Laughing at the picture of you nodding dutifully at the gym.

I made Florentine (biscuits) today for a gift for someone and of course tried one with my cuppa tonight. These used to be my favourite biscuits but I didn’t even enjoy it ….. it could be worrying if it wasn’t so fantastic! They just tasted way too rich and sweet. I haven’t just lost 20kg, I seem to have lost my sweet tooth, maybe I am dreaming. I hope I don’t sound smug, I really can’t believe it though.

Sorry to see my footy team go down by 3 points, but RT will be pleased as we lost to a Sth Australian team. At least it was close at the finish RT! Could we have some of that rain in Vic please – I had to water some pots outside today!

Amazon it sounds like you are having a wonderful time. Enjoy it while it lasts! Wimbledon is only once a year after all.

Hi Nama, I am doing my very best to have a good time and I do love tennis. We are having some wonderful weather which always lifts the spirits. I have a busy couple of weeks ahead followed by a few days away. I then have nine days at home before going away again ๐Ÿ˜› so I need to knuckle down and get some fasts under my belt.

I am so pleased for you that your knees are much improved, fasting and swimming are a good combination for painful joints ๐Ÿ™‚

When I did my liquid fast I had milk in my tea and coffee. I am doing it purely from the point of view that it is easier not to eat at all on a FD rather than not having any calories.

Nama, not that impressive. The first 19 and last hour periods are my normal day, so it’s just a matter of getting through the middle hours from my normal eating window until bedtime. The first few hours of the window are generally not a problem. I have mostly been doing a 3 hour window anyway. So I’m down to just a few hours when I need to distract myself and go to bed early!

Good evening Friends,
    What a lovely summers day it has been. Lost at bowls again this morning, really off my form until the last 3 ends, too little, too late.

I have had a good day on the food front, soup and salad, no snacks. I am feeling good in my skinny navy blue trousers ( bit loose now especially around the waist)and navy lace top. Funny how I can feel good even as a size 16 which most people would be very unhappy about but I guess they did not get to size 24.

I have more energy today thank goodness. I think moving stuff everyday has been getting to me so tomorrow I am having a day of rest, let’s hope the sun is out to play, may even work on my tan. Hope my Physio is pleased with me, I have done the exercises religiously three times every day.

Off to play 10 pin bowling tonight, just for a change, ha ha. Watching all this tennis is really tempting me to get on the court myself. However not until my knee is healed. Just watching Andy Murrays brother in a pairs match with an Australian partner called PEE, exciting stuff.

A very charming Indian Doctor has just viewed my flat, he has a 6 month contract with a local hospital, so that would be ideal.

So tomorrow I am going cold turkey (fluid fast)and just having water and herb tea( no soup). Hope I can make it. If I get hungry I will go swimming.

They won! Brilliant- Jamie Murray and Australia Peers(sorry spelt wrong on last post)men’s pairs- fantastic- now for the finals.

Hi Jojo,

I think the key to a successful liquid only is to keep busy but not do too much so a swim would be good if you don’t go too mad. I’ve turned my swimming into a cool down and stretching exercise after the gym and I concentrate on stretching my whole body with every stroke rather than trying to be the fastest person in the pool. I find it really relaxing.

It is great to see Jamie Murray and John Peers in the Wimbledon doubles final as they’ve been playing together for three years now and this is their first slam final. It also bodes well for the Davis Cup match between GB and France next weekend as Jamie is part of the team.

I did a fluid fast day a few days ago and I thought I hadn’t lost anything BUT put it down to having puffy fingers and ankles .
    The next day I had finished all my meals and our lovely daughter in law brought me a veg lasagne she had made especially for me . I ate the lot and it was gorgeous .

Yesterday I ended up doing another fast and when I got up today I was back to my lowest weight . I know know that I can keep this going for life and not have to do without anything I really fancy . I still love my ice cream but don’t even seem to be tempted by sweets ๐Ÿ™‚

On my liquid FD have a cocoa made with water and a sugar free jelly and a couple of Pepsi Max ” the bubbles help fill me up” . always works well for me but can only do it when I am kept busy

Wee xx

Hi gang
    I thought you might find this old post from the Maintenance thread from Franfit in May 14 interesting:

“I personally avoid starches on fast days, and Iโ€™m currently reading โ€œThe Big Fat Surprise: Why Butter, Meat and Cheese Belong in a Healthy Dietโ€ by Nina Teicholz, which is quite instructive about the whole history of the official low-fat craze. In this particular study, long-term maintainers seemed to be averaging about 25% of their calories from fat, but who knows how many more people might be long-term maintainers if the low-fat dogma was not so prevalent? Probably not too many intermittent fasters in the sample, either, if everyone is eating breakfast (which, incidentally, far from all successful maintainers were doing). I have no argument with staying physically active, eating few calories, monitoring my weight, and taking action if I regain even a little, instead of waiting until I gain 5 pounds to do something about it. One thing that seemed interesting, more long-term maintainers seemed to eat pretty much the same way whether or not it was a weekend or holiday (this is what they meant by โ€œmaintaining a consistent eating patternโ€). I would guess that a person would do best maintaining pretty much the same way they lost the weight, whether that was eating the same every day, or planning lower calorie days during the week to make up for excess calories consumed while socializing on weekends”

Have a good weekend P

Hi P,

Wise words indeed! Or do I just think that because it describes pretty much exactly what I’m doing… ๐Ÿ™‚

Having a nice cuppa to use up the last of the milk before tomorrow. I am not good if temptation is in the house, weird really because I always take my own herb tea to the bowls club and resist the biscuits.

I am determined to suceed on my third attempt at a liquid fast.

Thanks for the tips Amazon, I only plan on doing 30 lengths at the pool at a moderate rate. I have never swum super fast anyway. I do swim head down in the water because I find it more comfortable on the neck.

Having a nice cuppa to use up the last of the milk before tomorrow. I am not good if temptation is in the house, weird really because I always take my own herb tea to the bowls club and resist the biscuits.

I am determined to suceed on my third attempt at a liquid fast.

Thanks for the tips Amazon, I only plan on doing 30 lengths at the pool at a moderate rate. I have never swum super fast anyway. I do swim head down in the water because I find it more comfortable on the neck.

Forgot to add I drink bovril and water too on my fast days xx

Hi Fast Trackers
    Nicky Emel comespring and Aussie O in South Australia Nama & Keirra in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi in France & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA CakeyWakey Sarah103 HealthCoachB and Hello World (You All Know Who You Are) ๐Ÿ˜‰

1. A day without sunshine is like night.
    2. On the other hand, you have different fingers.
    3. 42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.
    4. 99 percent of lawyers give the rest a bad name.
    5. Remember, half the people you know are below average.
    6. He who laughs last; thinks slowest.
    7. Depression is merely anger without enthusiasm.
    8. The early bird may get the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese in the trap.
    9. Support bacteria. They’re the only culture most people have.
    10. A clear conscience is usually the sign of a bad memory.
    11. Change is inevitable, except from vending machines.
    12. If you think nobody cares, try missing a couple of payments.
    13. How many of you believe in psycho-kinesis? Raise my hand.
    14. OK, so what’s the speed of dark?
    15. When everything is coming your way, you’re in the wrong lane.
    16. Hard work pays off in the future. Laziness pays off now.
    17. How much deeper would the ocean be without sponges?
    18. Eagles may soar, but weasels don’t get sucked into jet engines.
    19. What happens if you get scared half to death, twice?
    20. Why do psychics have to ask you your name?
    21. Inside every older person is a younger person wondering, ‘What the heck happened?’
    22. Just remember — if the world didn’t suck, we would all fall off.
    23. Light travels faster than sound. That’s why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
    24. Life isn’t like a box of chocolates. It’s more like a jar of jalapenos. What you do today, might burn your butt tomorrow.

Have a great weekend all you beautiful losers ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Peace RT

Thanks for the good advice from our old friend Franfit, PVE. Experience is the best teacher.

RT, thanks for the smiles!

I’ve made it through the hardest part of this fasting period, and will be heading to bed soon. I kept busy organizing finances and then went out for a little shopping. all in all, not bad. Hoping to drop another couple of pounds and get further into the 120s where I will remain. Jojo, what I have learned is that liquid fasting (or any fasting) is not a matter of can or can’t, because you absolutely can. It is a matter of will or won’t. Will you?

Looking forward to breaking my fast late tomorrow afternoon with mussels steamed in a wine and tomato broth with chorizo. Yum!

Good luck with the liquid fast, Jojo, and well done on breaking the plateau. Enjoy the tanning – there won’t be any opportunity in NZ in October ๐Ÿ™‚ And that’s a wonderful feeling, your size 16s getting too big!

RT, once again, ROTFL !! Love your jokes.

I just love hearing all the inspirational stories. Have hit a PB this morning, well into the wriggly-space, never been this light as an adult ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

I planted a daphne beside the back door last weekend, so am looking forward to a scented spring as I walk down the path – daphne, freesias and citrus. Lovely.

Hi Barata, well done with your new PB, very exciting! Your garden will be gorgeous too, I love daphne and freesias. Daphne flowers in winter here, mine is out at the moment and the kitchen smells lovely.

Thanks from me for the Friday Funnies too RT, very amusing!! Needed cheering after our 3 point loss…

Freezing here again, taken to Purple’s trick of wearing the snow jacket inside! Sleeveless one is very comfy and I can fit an apron over it when cooking! Fasting today so no fuel to burn to warm me up. We are going away for four days so may go AWOL from the forum … don’t worry Happy, I am not taking the Mandolin! I am taking my new Travel Scales I got on-line that were delivered this morning though, another Purple trick I copied!

I do hope your Friday fast goes well Jojo. If not, at least you have given it your best shot and will know if it is doable for you.

Have a great weekend all, Cheers xx

Hi Nama,

pleased to hear you will be leaving your nemesis at home! I hope you have a lovely break.

Loving the mental picture of you in your snow jacket and apron!

Barata,

I too have never been this light as an adult! Fantastic, not to be the chubby one anymore ๐Ÿ™‚

Ply,

…it’s not a question of can or can’t, it’s will or won’t…
    So true, and for everything in life! It’s only our own self-limiting beliefs that prevent us reaching our true potential.

I was convinced I couldn’t go 24 hours without food, until my maintenance mates threw down the gauntlet. Of course I can! (I grew up outnumbered by brothers and it’s left me a bit competitive, and I don’t like to fail). I mostly don’t fast for 24 hours now, but that is a choice, I have the option.

So jojo,

I won’t wish you luck, but determination and will, for today’s fast! As Ply says, of course you can do it, the question is will you. ๐Ÿ™‚

Good morning/evening all

Life seems to have been whizzing by again and I haven’t had chance to post for a while.

We have been in Wales for a few days and are enjoying some sunny, if rather breezy, weather.

Yes Purple, you are right about the white paint being splattered everywhere. I’ve been doing a bit more on an old nest of tabes and I was banished to the garage yesterday. We went shopping afterwards and at the checkout I noticed white spots all up my arm – it looked very odd!

Wise words coming out of the thread this morning – absolutely right, whatever we do is down to personal choice. I’m afraid I chose not to be too careful about calorie counting between fast days last week and the scales stayed the same, but I’m a pound down this morning, so pleased with that.

We have a social few days coming, up so next week might involve a few AFDs, though I’m not sure I would want to do a liquid only fast. Good luck with yours Jojo, I know several have had great success doing it. You’re right – I would love the ‘posh do’ you’re going to! Especially now that I look half decent in clothes – I relish the chance to dress up a bit. I’m sure you will look and feel fabulous. Hope the doc comes back to rent your flat.

Barata – your garden sounds lovely. One of the paths we take to the beach here is wall-to-wall wild roses. They are nearly over now, but the scent has been just heavenly.

Amazon – an exciting Wimbledon Weekend for you! Your walk inKew Gardens followed by wine and pizza sounded like the ideal day – and just sums up how flexible this WOL can be, enjoying our lives without feeling guilty or deprived when we eat foods that would otherwise be banished.

Nice to ‘see’ some new faces here. Do keep in touch and tell us about your progress. This thread consists of a great bunch of experienced and successful 5:2 Fasters and you will get all the advice and support you need.

Thanks for giving us a smiley start to the day, RT.

Hi to all and have a good weekend. Stay warm down South!

Smiffy x

Morning/evening all.

Another beautiful morning with a hot day ahead. The sky is clear blue and the sun shining, perfect for tennis!

I’m doing a liquid fast today and like Nama I’ll be having milk in my tea and coffee and will drink lots of fizzy water with ice lemon and a sprig of mint.

I’m having my hair coloured this morning and then I have tennis and a huge pile of ironing to keep me busy so I should be OK.

I’m going to a BBQ tomorrow afternoon and the hostess has her own catering company so I won’t be breaking my fast until I get there so I can sample whatever is on offer. It is also somewhere I’ve not been before and I’m looking forward to meeting some new faces. I have a really nice dress to wear and I’ve been walking around the flat in my wedge heeled sandals as they are quite high and I’ve not worn them for a while. I’ll slip a pair of flatties in my capacious handbag in case they become uncomfortable.
    Which reminds me, there was a young woman at the gym yesterday running on one of the treadmills. She was going at quite a rate and ran for at least 20 minutes after I arrived. Her feet looked odd but as I was not wearing my glasses and she was moving fast I couldn’t work out what it was that had caught my eye.
    When she stopped I looked and she was wearing a pair of furry bedroom slippers Smiley

Sounds like a lovely day for you tomorrow, Amazon. Enjoy the tennis. Just wish it wasn’t at such an ungodly hour for us in the Antipodes. Must set the recorder.

Love the slippers story ๐Ÿ™‚ Aren’t we all odd !!

Barbara, a new PB! Good for you! You can literally stop (or go) and smell the flowers. Your garden sounds perfect.

Amazon, the slippers made me laughing! I am so ungrateful that I certainly could not run in anything but my running shoes. I wonder if she forgot her shoes and decided to get her workout in anyway, or likes the slipper runs.

Sniffing, have fun on your social weekend. We have a party on Saturday, but on the side of the family with the mediocre cooks, so not too hard to resist! Not exactly the fare offered by your catering friend, Amazon!

Enjoy your trip, Nama.

Happy, always enjoy your experienced input. You maintainers are a great source of information and inspiration!

Jojo, keep us posted on the liquid fasting! I have another 8 hours to go, so I am with you in spirit. We can, and we will, do it! Xox

Ply,

Are you using Amazon’s keyboard this morning…?!

I too hope Sniffing has a good weekend.

Not sure about being ungrateful for slippers though… ๐Ÿ™‚

Haha, Happy! Very grateful for my fuzzy slippers! Wearing them right now! Smiffy, I am usually a better editor! Just ask Rat.

I’m getting better with the on screen keyboard……..

My stomach is growling at me but I’m not giving in.

Gee RT. ๐Ÿ˜† Mr P and I were crying with laughter. My favourite is the eagle soaring… great way to end a lovely Friday. Well done all you clever fasters. P ๐Ÿ™‚

Still going strong my friends, hungry but not feeling unwell,

I have not eaten this morning and am well into the afternoon but it is not without cost.

Firstly I went for my physio, as my progress is only movement and no real pain relief she decided I should have acupuncture. Did this phase me? not a bit, I have had it before even with heated needles. No problem with the ones put in my back, my hip and my legs but I nearly hit the roof when she did my hands( between the thumb and index finger) she was a little taken aback by the amount of pain I was in every 5 mins as she manipulated the needles in my hands but she didn’t stop. She gave me even more extreme exercises which are less painful on my poorly knee but twice as painful on my poorly hip. Basically she said what doesn’t kill you makes you better, she didn’t use those words but more no pain, no gain. I like a straight talker but am feeling a bit mullered. My hands and wrists, in fact up to my elbow are still aching three hours later. However, I do for the first time ever, have the feeling that this Physio knows her onions and may even cure me, if she doesn’t kill me first. So hey ho! I asked what food she recommended for muscle repair, she replied – protein. I explained I only eat chicken, seafood and eggs or vegetable proteins and that I am fasting 3 days per week. I also told her I was starting liquid fasting. For once she wasn’t perturbed and agreed that less body weight will help the joints more and achieving that through fasting is fine. Minimum protein per week to be at least average of 4 oz per day, so quite low. I may need to bump up non fast days on protein, just enough to not hamper my muscle repair. Interesting isn’t it? I used to eat that much protein 3 times per day, two eggs for breakfast, ham sandwich for lunch and 6 oz meat for dinner- how times have changed?
    All is good with my world at present. Plus I now have two offers for the flat and a third viewer on Monday. It’s all go!
    The only downside is that the house I am returning to has really gone to pot since I left and the garden alone will take a month to sort out( full time) it’s a third of an acre, seriously overgrown and full of weeds. Loads of clearing out and decorating too. Life is going to be very busy. Still it will keep me out of the kitchen. A lot less bowls will be played me thinks.
    Happynow, Amazon, PVE and Ply- I can and I will, I can and I will do it! Stick to the fluid fast that is. We are a team following Nama’s lead.
    Smiffy- I think you could do a liquid day, provided it was beer and wine( only joking) you don’t need to lose any you look fabulous darling( apart from when your shorts are round your ankles)
    Barata- yes it really helps reading stories of success, you say to yourself, if they can do it so can I. I cannot believe I am at 6 stone down now, unreal.
    RT- thanks for the one liners. If only I could remember them when I need them.
    Wee- saving the bovril for tonight, that will be the tough time.

Ok- now I am going for a swim, should be lush outside this afternoon. I will be getting an early night tonight. Read my new cookery book. Speak tomorrow I hope to fast until midday at least but we will see.

Now I thought I might deserve a little treat after my gruelling session at the physio, but no food allowed so I am now not one but two pairs of sandals better off. Seriously I need to be locked up or at least my debit card should be locked up. I also bought a ‘gluten free’ cookery book. If it is good enough for Djokovic it is good enough for me.

So glad to read your long and positive post, Jojo! I have been thinking of you all morning. 40 hours of water and coffee done, so just 4 hours left to go for me! Feeling confident and virtuous!

I’m aiming for a similar number of hours ply. I know that if I get through today I’ll be fine tomorrow, and so far so good. I’ve not been tempted to open the peanut butter jar or eat a couple of nuts which is good. It is mind over matter and there are many on this website who don’t eat on FDs.
    Keep going Jojo, you can do it!

Hi Efficient Fat Burners
    Nicky Emel comespring and Aussie O in South Australia Nama & Keirra in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi in France & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA CakeyWakey Sarah103 HealthCoachB and Hello World (You All know Who You ARE) ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Another busy fast week for me with Monday/Tuesday/Thursday/Friday liquid fast with black coffee and black tea a shed load of water a diet coke here and there and a cuppa soup in the evening it was a Wednesday feast day with a lovely piece of lamb back strap with morrocan spice char grilled served with a simple green salad and egg with a ratatouille for veg for lunch and then a late night supper of Egg and Onion yummo I LOVE LIFE !!!
    A cracking game of AFL Thursday night Nama your boys played it out extremely well after a crap start and a wonderful tribute to Phil Walsh at the end.
    I like the snow bunnie in a kitchen apron Nama mental picture as well Happy ๐Ÿ˜†

โ€œIt is easier to avoid eating than to stop eating once startedโ€
    Peace RT

Hiya all . loving all the posts . Love the fluffy slippers lol :).
    I have spoiled myself \ a WEE bit today with a choc ice from Ross freezer .

I had my doctors appointment today ( don’t go very often) as I was worried about some lumps . I have had quite a few in the past some removed ( some from breast) but so far all has been well . She wants me to have a biopsy on one just to be sure .
    I have kept putting it off but Jim says better knowing than worrying about it , and of course he is right as usual .

had Ross at dentist for filling so now home and relaxing . I am going to have a singing turnip for dinner :)..What is that you ask lol .

You put the turnip ( we call the purple one on outside and golden flesh) turnip or swede . place it in a plate in the microwave as it is with the skin on . cook for about 15 mins then turn it over and cook for about another 15 mins . it WILL whistle you lol. then you can cut the top off and scoop it out . It is AMAZING .

have a great day everyone

love you all

Wee xx

Ha ha! I don’t know what kind of liquid fast you lot are on but it sounds like my kind of stuff! x

Coffee water water coffee coffee water water…

Coffee, coffee, water, water, salt, water, water! 2 hours and counting. Feeling very hungry and a bit lightheaded, but I am rounding the clubhouse turn!

Herb tea, water, herb tea, water, 2 tea with semi-skim milk (visited friends forgot to take tea bags). Saving bovril for tonight.

Feeling hungry but not light headed, thank goodness. Well done Ply and Amazon.

Walking dogs now in the woods, cooler there, it’s been a scorcher of a day.

I am not giving up today, no matter what but I really hope I can get some sleep tonight.

Federer just smashed Andy Murray, so sad, but Federer is magnificent heading to an 10 th win at Wimbledon. Final on Sunday.

Federer did not smash Andy Murray, he beat him in three close sets. So many matches at this level are won by fine margins. He has won the title 7 times so it is impossible for him to make it a tenth title this year ๐Ÿ™‚

No indeed Amazon, 10th final but not 10th win!

Jojo, I like your spirit! I can and I will! Go girl. If you absolutely hate it, you never have to do it again, but at least you’ll know!

Wee, Jim is definitely right! If it’s nothing, you need to know so you can stop worrying. If it’s something, you need to know so you can deal with it and stop worrying!

I read a relevant quote recently… Worrying doesn’t rob tomorrow of it’s sorrow, only today of it’s joy.

Interesting whistling turnip recipe! I’d call it a swede, but I imagine it would be tasty! I grow them and often have swede mash instead of spud, and also bake them (not whole though! They can be the size of footballs!)

Hi All,
    Sorry I splashed but I fell in. Not trying to offend Andy, love the guy.

Made it one whole day, liquid fast, no problem.

Morning everyone, icy weather here today with additional icy winds making it feel even colder. A tiny window of sunshine but can see the next rain band coming ๐Ÿ™‚

Glad to hear everyones successes of either losses or completing a personal challenge.

Love the one liners RT always enjoy a good chuckle ๐Ÿ™‚

Had eldest grandie stay over last night, he is such a treasure to have around, we have been playing a trivia game and he knows quite a few answers but asks me how come I know so many of the answers, I can honestly say through reading and learning throughout my life.

Have to run, chat later ๐Ÿ™‚

Aussie Oma – well done you encouraging the next generation to read a book. My son has rarely picked one up. My daughter like me read vociferously. She tends to stck to fiction but I like both fiction and non fiction. I am quite useful in a quiz unless it includes football and TV, of which I know absolutely zilch.
    I was reading about gluton free diet yesterday and healthy shakes. Seems the green veg is good for inflammation in the body so I think I will give it a try. They look so ghastly though, bright green, may need to close my eyes. Let you know how it goes. Need to buy some Spirolina and wheatgrass first.
    Bright and breezy day here and the common gulls are making a racket outside making my lay in impossible. Sometimes I don’t like to be beside the seaside.
    I woke up after the 3 rd alarm insisted I get up, drug induced sleep again. I have not woken up starving as suspected so I will continue my fluid fast until 6 pm tonight when I have a three course posh dinner with my local Confrairie Chapter. Forced to taste lots of different wines from all over the world. I won’t be spitting them out but I will not fill the glasses either. I have offered to drive so it will be equal to two glasses maximum.
    I have lost another pound and a half this morning and another new low. I think fluid fast will make my goal by September posible if I can manage it three times per week. I will give it a shot as the first day went well. I don’t think it would work on one of my very active days but I will give it another try.
    Wee- I hope the test proves benign. Thinking of you always.
    Now to get on with my excruciating exercises before my new (and likely) renter drops by for a meeting. Seems my Australian contact may be a bit closer to home now. Maybe he could marry my daughter? Only joking! Not sure she is the marrying kind.

Have a great day everyone, be strong, be active but mostly be happy.

Jojo,

Well done on the liquid fast. Hope you slept OK.

Splashed and fell in? Thought you were going for a swim…!

Happy,
    I prefer that analogy to the grave digging version.
    Swim was wonderful, sun beating down. Bliss.
    It’s my last months membership at the gym so I need to make the most of the outdoor pool, not worth renewing as I will be too busy in August and September de cluttering and decorating. Not sure I will renew even in January but time will tell, I will need to at least do a couple of Yoga classes.

Hello all.

Well done Jojo, 3rd time lucky! Dont give me credit for the fluid fast days, I got the idea from Wiwi! I know RT has been doing it too, but would never have attempted to follow his lead…our own 007 pushes it a bit further than I ever could. But when Wiwi talked about it and succeeded, I thought, now there is someone closer to my ‘demographic’ – if she can do it, so can I! I copied Wiwi with the 18/6 too, she is the female trailblazer! And of course I saw Ply’s success too, so dont give me credit!

After completing 2 weeks of 4:3 with no food on fast days, I have a new PB 3kgs lower, so although tough at times, very worthwhile. With being away from home for 4 days, I may not keep up this pace, too many restaurant dinners coming up! I will def do 18/5 though to compensate, plus fast at least Mon and Wed.
    My travel scales arrived in time and they are travelling with me – they work brilliantly. I compared them to my (extremely accurate) home ones and they are spot on, so they will keep me accountable. Jojo, I suggest you get some for your big trip. They may help you to keep on track, 3 months is a long time!

RT I am interested that you are still fasting so fiercely (2 B2B’s/week) when I thought you had gotten to goal. Don’t go anorexic on us, its not a good look!

How lovely to have your grandson stay AO, such special time. They grow up far too quickly!
    Cheers all xx

Great job on the new low, Nama! The fluid fasts have done the same for me. The last couple of hours yesterday were pretty tough. The issue is doing 19:5 with a fluid fast means that the fasting period automatically becomes 43 hours. I think I would like to stop after 36, but that would mean eating breakfast and messes with my 19:5 window. I have to say my Friday night wine hit me pretty hard, even though I had eaten.

Nice to hear you enjoying time with your grandson, AO! I am sure he enjoys it just as much. I can’t wait to have grandchildren, but it will likely be a few more years.

Just made a big salad of baby lettuce, strawberries, feta, and smoked almonds with thyme vinaigrette to take to the party. Looking forward to eating it with some grilled chicken. Making a special dinner for my poor stressed-out hubby tonight: Filet Oscar with mushroom risotto. He has had a rough week!

Enjoy the weekend, everyone!

Good afternoon everyone,
    Just got in from shopping expedition and bowls practise, it is hot out there. Just catching up on the tennis, Serena Williams 4 points away from Grand Slam win. Mugaruza is really making a game of it now. She is going to be a big name of the future.

I am still fluid fasting to my own amazement, still hoping to make it until dinner tonight at 6 pm. I hope my neighbours at dinner don’t leave anything on their plates because I may have to hoover it up. I can now see how RT can do two days. I am having a cuppa with milk though which is a bit of a cheat but I have run out of my favourite Honey and Chamomile tea bags( bad planning) not stocked locally.

If nothing else ‘fluid fasting’ does break ‘weight plateau’s’ and teach you that you can cope for a day without any food. Whether you ‘want’ to do it is another matter. What is more important to you personally? As an impatient person I am happy to get this battle over and done with as I have been fighting this for two years. But I think that 19/5 will be my long term solution to weight control, goodbye breakfast forever.
    I think I will buy some of those travel scales- essential I think if I am going to control my weight over three months travelling.

Travel Scales- Nama what make do you buy? Prices vary from ยฃ6.75 to ยฃ26.

Great work Jojo & Ply! Jojo I got a brand called Petit Mignon, followed Purples lead again! I figured she had road tested them enough. They cost $54 Aus $ plus a bit of postage, they are brilliant. Japanese. My enginineer husband very impressed with them.

Viewing 50 posts - 10,651 through 10,700 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.