Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 9 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 10,601 through 10,650 (of 16,657 total)

• Hi Ply

Yes, I love the salt lick particularly on a water only day. Lasted 22 hours today with a growling stomach because of the sugar and carb indulgences of last week. Then only ate my light spicy vegetable soup. With black coffee and a bowl of soup the day totalled 200 calories at most.

Cheers, Bay πŸ™‚

Well done Wee Smiley

O, Amazon, me too.

Wee, fantastic results. Well done. πŸ™„ πŸ™„ πŸ™„

Cheers, Bay πŸ™‚

Gorgeous Amazon!

Smiley

Well done Wee, shining example of fasting for health. Hugs and kisses

Wee,

I’d just like to add my congratulations on your amazing achievement. You’ve lost an incredible amount of weight and improved your health so much in such a short space of time.

It’s been a privilege to be able to share in part of your journey and your successes.

The future’s bright, the future’s Wee!

Happy Fastiversary (the first of many!).

Fairly sure two Pimms are not on the liquid diet but very enjoyable. Avoided party food though which was very difficult, home made scones, shortbread and strawberries and cream. Lots of other goodies too. Luckily I had my weak stomach as an excuse.

Going well so far, home made veg soup at lunchtime, lots of water and herb teas. May survive as I have been ultra busy. Lots of boxes moved, five journeys with a full car and stairs both ends. Also two games of bowls, dog walk and tonight badminton. How did I squeeze in two hours at that party?

Should sleep like the dead tonight.

Looking forward to weigh in tomorrow

Hello everyone, I’m struggling through a fast day today, for some reason very very tired, but just about making it so far .

I just wanted to say that I find you to be the most entertaining and wonderful bunch, and I have felt welcomed and supported by you. When I am low and struggling, like today I read the thread and find myself transported across the world and into all of your lives. It is a treat for me. Every now and again I dip my toe in the fast flowing stream of your friendship and endeavour and I always feel part of the flow and acknowledged and valued. So thank you for that

I also really wanted to say thank you to Wee – wow you are just awesome and for me suffering with Psoriatic Arthritis, very akin to RA I have found you to be a true beacon of hope. I hope to emulate your success and follow in your increasingly confident pain free footsteps and free myself of the pain and disability of my PA. So I am trying to be as brilliant as you are and continue to be. I hope i can succeed, although a small packet of pretzels is whispering insistently in my ear at the moment, so my aims have rather reduced down from a year like you to a few hours for me. Such are successes won, small at times but always hard fought. Thank you wee πŸ™‚

Hello Tessy,
    I have always found that I get tired more quickly on fast days. I always make sure I have lots to do on those days too so that probably doesn’t help. Medical issues and medication of course affect weightloss but Weeman has beaten the hunger dragon and so can you. Thinking of you here in my badminton class, also very, very tired.

Thanks for thinking of me Jojo it’s very kind of you. I’ve just gone to bed, tired, hungry and pretty wiped out. But I did manage the day phew! Hope we both feel less tired tomorrow πŸ™‚ You are right I tend to pack lots in to my fasting day. But really I think I need to factor in a bit of rest health wise. I suspect today was closer to 600 cals than 500. But I’m not going to let that stop me claiming a successful fast πŸ™‚ happy fasting everyone !

Tessy,
    You managed very well, I fequently used to have 600 fast days then 1200 non fast days, worked for me in the good old days. My body is a bit less receptive these days so I do 400/1100 alternate days.

I succeeded at my liquid fast but had to leave badminton after two games, very lightheaded, it was very warm in the church hall we use. I drank a cuppa with milk before leaving and ate my apple. Thought it wise before driving home. Sadly I had to stop for food shopping but my cupboards were bare, so no choice. I will break my fast early as I feel quite weak. It has been an active day and it has been very warm. Let’s hope I sleep well tonight. Almost 20,000 steps today most of which felt like stairs.

I hope everyone is well and succeeding at their plans. I don’t think I will attempt a liquid fast again on a Monday, maybe Friday as more restful.

Good morning all:
    Emel, AO, RT and comespring in South Australia
    Nama in Victoria
    Bay in ACT
    Purple in NSW
    Barata in NZ
    Jojo, Smiffy, HappyNow, Amazon, Hermaj, Lizzy, Wee, CakeyWakey and Tessy in UK
    Wiwi in France
    Applepie in Spain
    Ply, SAMM, Lori, HealthCoachB and Sarah103 in US
    DJ in Canada;
    Milena – don’t know where you’re from.
    In case I’ve missed anyone, no offence intended. As RT says: β€œYou know who you are.”

Jojo, sorry to hear of your friend’s loss. Very difficult times.

Wee, you have done so well turning around your life with this wonderful way of eating/living. It’s been lovely reading your chatty posts. Thank goodness for FB!

Bay, a salt lick is such a good idea. I often just want the taste of something tangy, not necessarily the calories and usually compromise with Bovril or miso. Maybe just a taste of salt will do the trick instead.

To everyone else, thanks for your posts. Am on leave from today and depending on the availability of wifi, may not be able to post for a while but rest assured, I won’t have done a ‘SAMM’.

Keep up the good work and take care of yourselves and your loved ones. n xxx

Queensland 4271

Dear Keyhole Kate

Welcome! Your post was a bit cryptic (your postcode?) but I read your profile and hope I can help.

If you haven’t done so already, may I strongly recommend you get hold of Dr Mosley’s as it gives good detail about how the system works and the scientific basis. What could also help is trying to track down his ‘Horizon’ TV program which has been shown a few times on SBS.

I’m surprised that your ‘diet soup’ works out at >300 Calories/cup – did you include carbs like potato, pasta &c. because that will up the calories. Most of us who make soup use a fat-free stock, either purchased or home-made and then lots of relatively low-cal veg like onions, carrots, celery, tomatoes, capsicum – let your imagination and taste preferences guide you.

On 2 preferably non-consecutive days of the week you limit your intake to <500C for a woman (I assume that’s you) and then don’t eat more than your TDEE on the other 5 days of the week. In practice after the evening meal before your fast day (FD) marks the start of the FD when you consume 500C or less, and then wake up the following morning and eat breakfast as normal. For example, dinner Sunday evening 7pm, 500C on Monday, go to bed then eat as usual on Tuesday. To calculate your TDEE and other useful facts open the ‘Resources’ menu at the top of the page. The ‘FAQ’ part is also a good help.

Please keep up posted on how you are going. They are a great bunch of experienced ‘losers’ on this thread and several of us are Australians.

Good luck, Nicky.

Sorry! I meant Dr Mosley’s book!

Welcome ElenaCole – our posts crossed.

Good Morning Fasters,
    Welcome ElenaCole
    Paleo is a very healthy diet and I am sure it gives good results but most people on here want to have a more ‘everyday’ eating regime to fit in with working, shopping and eating with family and friends, I do a lot of the things recommended in Paleo e.g. No processed foods and lots of raw food ( salad ).

Do you also fast 2 days per week?

I slept well because I was very tired when I went to bed last night. The scales are surprisingly up two pounds this morning after my liquid fast yesterday. I suspect this is fluid retention and constipation( still on medication) we will see how it ‘pans out’ this week before I repeat exercise next week. Just out of interest did everyone who has done liquid fasting lose and then maintain loss?

Non fast day today but keep it light, lots of roughage and walking.

Welcome Keyhole Kate,
    Read your profile, welcome to our thread. Having read your profile I agree with Nicky. That soup at 300 cals per serving is high. That would equate to a cream soup yet yours is vegetable. What size serving are you having, that may be the issue.

I don’t know what medical conditions you may have but I would try to increase the walking until you are doing at least two 20 minute bouts on the walker, if you can let go of the bar swinging your arms helps burn more calories. Or you could just increase the speed weekly by one number. Please take care though, literally small steps to increase fitness help. A friend of mine swings cans of beans for 10 minutes three times per day, she swears by it to help her ‘bingo wings’.

Good Luck

HI everyone, sorry your liquid fast not so successful Jojo, maybe its just hanging on a bit ready to go over the next few days. I think medications really crew up your body. I know mine do.
    Today I have decided on my way in to work that I shall try to do two fasts back to back. So I shall fast today and see how I do after yesterdays fast. I have never done this before and would not usually plan to do it but I am going away for a special break in Paris for 5 days tomorrow and i really want to be able to enjoy lovely food and relax. I was going to try and fast on the traveling day but not sure how feasible that would be as quite a long journey and I might blow it all at the end if I get tired. Anyway, will see how I go. I have a full lunch bag with me but Ive left it in the car some way away. So lets hope the later part of the day does not see me running towards the car with an open mouth πŸ™‚

Morning/evening all.

Busy day ahead which will hopefully divert my mind from any thought of food.

Have a good one everybody.

First week on 5:2 and lost 4lbs really HAPPY
    Think found a diet plan I can stick too
    Yey

Morning all! Newbie here, in the UK, just saying ‘hello!’ – I don’t have a question, just glad to have people around that may have been going through a similar experience πŸ™‚

I intend losing the 2lbs a week, which should be possible for a few months at least with my TDEE vs BMR. I hope I will be physically capable of increasing exercise as my weight drops to keep the defecit until I am a healthier weight. I am diet-averse having dieted ‘sensibly’ on and off with all the slimming clubs, like my mum, since early 20’s.

But eating is just too reinforcing and I ‘use’ food, like a drug. I’m 46, as heavy as I’ve ever been, now with joint problems too. Every hour of the day has been a struggle to make healthy food choices and not over-eat. I felt so guilty watching the news reports about obesity. Society would look at me and tell me I was lacking willpower, lazy, or uneducated about food. They think it’s a choice – but it’s the exact opposite. Clearly, no-one pinned me to the floor and forced pizza down my throat for 26 years, but it is also not like smoking – we all have to eat. “It’s simply a matter of energy in vs. energy out, so just eat less.” Oh, darn it, you’re right, I’ll just address that simple glitch now, shall I, and in less than a year I’ll no longer be an embarrassing statistic and a burden to the NHS and taxpayer…. I have studied neuroscience and physiology at MSc level and understand why I do what I do, but knowledge doesn’t stop me raiding the cupboards.

Nine years ago I was so disgusted with myself and angry at the food industry, with their marketing tricks linking positive emotions, like ‘happiness’, with the junk-food I craved (f***ing Cadburys!), I gave up ‘food’ for 4 months. I survived on nothing but meal-replacement bars and vitamin pills – even over Xmas. It was wonderfully liberating, and quick, but I knew it would cause problems and I wouldn’t want to repeat it.

I’ve spent the last 18 months getting physically active again; then recently coming to better terms with my anxieties. Now I feel ready to start doing something about it all but my priority is physical and mental health. I want to change how I think about food forever, one day at a time (I am an addict, after all).

If you have had a similar background to me but are further along with your fasting journey, I hope you are finding food has less of a grip. I hope we all find peace within ourselves.

Good afternoon Shazzah and Stormyweather. Great to have you on board. It’s always good to have newbies on the thread. Their progress is always excellent and it inspires the rest of us long termers and maintainers to ‘up’ our game. Got off to a good start Stormy, well done. If you read back through this thread you will find lots of advice, all tried and tested. Our most successful fasters record measurements at the beginning then monthly. Sometimes we drop inches instead of pounds, weird but true. I will be here for another year at least as I still have a couple of stone to lose plus I will need support through that initial phase of maintenance. I so look forward to that day. I am on the coast UK so benefit from the best of the weather usually so do lots of walking. It’s good to get moving even if it’s just standing more initially. Tell us more about your plans for fasting, what days, how many cals, what you are changing that should make a difference on non fast days. It has to be doable if it’s long term.

Keyhole Kate,
    I checked the calories on a tin of Heinz cream of mushroom soup. It is 228 cals for can. 114 for half a can, never enough for me without bread.
    Good luck, check out BBC Foods, low calorie soups

Fasters
    How is our baby elephant of fat going? Please update for our newbies.
    State pounds lost, time period, main method of fasting e.g. 5:2, 4:3, 6:1, fluid only fasts. Another fact which is health related is inches lost from your waist.
    Thank you all

Welcome, Stormy and Shazzeh! Great start to your losses, Stormy! Shazzeh, thanks for your honest sharing of experiences…you will find many kindred spirits here! Tessy, keep at it!

Jojo, I feel that I have kept the loss from my liquid fast last week, about 2 pounds. I think Nama and RT have, too. As you know, the last few pounds can be quite stubborn, but I am determined to get to my goal, and confident that I can do so. I am on a program of lots of HIIT and strength training, and it is working. I plan to do a 40-ish hour liquid only again Thursday 7pm-Saturday 1pm this week.

Oh my goodness ply, thanks for the encouragement, I just had a major meltdown and could not stop eating salted nuts – aaaargh. Fortunately I have eaten almost nothing else so I think I am ok. I just somehow managed to stop myself and now feel a bit calmer. I just need to get through the evening now, its gonna be a long one… πŸ™

Tessy,
    We all have these moments, I myself like a packet of cheese and onion crisps and I know Wee likes an ice cream, others like a glass of wine in the evening. It s just a case of treating yourself less often. I make homemade soup and huge salads in the fridge at all times.

Ply – Good news- I hope to have good news on the scales tomorrow. I did find it very difficult and tiring but it is good to work at it if you know it is going to suceed. I remember last time I got to goal with weight watchers it took about four months to lose the last 3 lbs, very frustrating. I have always been a yoyo dieter.

Enjoying a boiled egg salad with cherries to follow but I am down on steps today as I have had to stay home for flat viewings. First chap was delightful, he comes from Brisbane, he has just rented his flat out fully furnished. Hope he takes it, got a good feeling about him. Mind you I don’t envy him trying to get a job locally even if he is in IT, he may need to travel nearer to London.

Really enjoying Wimbledon, so many close matches and drama, Serena and Azarenka currently battling it out.

Hi
    Just a quick hello as up to the eyeballs at present.
    I will catch up with the galloping thread and be in touch.
    JoJo, did I meet you in the UK or was that a dream?
    Off to bed after a day of sweltering heat- up to 38Β° here in the south of France, though it touched 43Β° in Avignon last week and that is Celsius!
    Happy Fasting
    Wiwi

Hi Efficient Fat Burners
    Nicky Emel comespring and Aussie O in South Australia Nama & Keirra in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi in France & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA CakeyWakey Sarah103 HealthCoachB and Hello World (You All know Who You ARE) πŸ˜‰
    Happy Hump day fast trackers the afternoon shift is moving along well I am usually home before I turn into a pumpkin 😯 and in bed asleep at the latest half twelve today is a feast day for me as I am in the middle of a study of one πŸ˜‰ I had a lovely bowl of cream of mushroom continental cuppa soup 82cal and at $2-10 a 4 pack is excellent value IMO add in 100g of fresh mushroom 16cal wilted down in the microwave with salt pepper and a clove of garlic 2cal for 2 minutes mix in cuppa soup love in a bowl right there people bliss and at 100cal a easy quick and very nice light Tuesday lunch add that to the usual suspects black tea and coffee green tea and green with lemon with 2 litres minimum of water (Thanks Bay) and all is right in my fast world. I am off out to the farm this morning with the youngest in the house of the raising suns who is on school holidays to split up some wood for the MIL
    Welcome aboard the fast trackers train Stormy weather Shazzeh Keyhole Kate
    On a fast day refrain restrain divert and distract. Before you know it, you’ve retrained your brain and hunger’s off the menu.
    Peace RT

Tomorrow was a fluid only day and the best I have ever done . I always loose when I do that but this morning I weighed the same . My rings are tighter so I just put it down to fluid and had my usual day .

Just after tea time our lovely DIL brought me a home made veg lasagne she had made especially for me . SOOO I ate the lot and I enjoyed every bite . It is good not to feel guilty now as I know I can do this .

Jims magnifying mirror was sitting beside me earlier and I just about died when I saw the wrinkles on my face lol . My face has always been too fat for wrinkles πŸ™‚ . Maybe just as well I am going to maintain now .Looked out the Nivea cream lol and face is plastered with it Ha! Ha!

Have a great day/night all of you lovely people ..Wee xx

Hi Nicky

thanks for remembering me – I’m in Scotland

back to lurking ………

Good morning fellow fasters, and welcome to the newbies who are posting and/or lurking.

Very tiring past two days, culminating in a very strong/long/painful (due to stretching and manipulating range of movement) physio session last night, came home, had dinner, took pain relief, started watching TV and fell asleep in the lounge chair for a couple of hours I think it was.

RT talking about mushroom soup, my homemade one (using 500g fresh mushrooms) is 158 cals for 4 serves, but I break it into 6 serves which equates to 105 cals per my size serve, which I’m having one of these serves for lunch today πŸ˜€ so with dinner tonight at approx 450 cals I’ll at least have had a semi-FD today πŸ™‚

Home today so may be able to get back in here to post (am also reading and hoping to finish my painting today, then I can post a piccie on FB of the finished painting for those of you on there to see).

Jojo hope you’re feeling better now.

Chat more later, cheers, AO πŸ˜€

I’m lurking too, Milena. By the time I read the thread the subject has moved on, but I am here.

Another wintery blast moving up the country, missing here so far, but lots of snow on the high passes, particularly in the south. You are well out of it, Wiwi – don’t know if I am envious of your 38, though.

A momentous day in Apia today – for the first time the All Blacks played Western Samoa there (rugby πŸ™‚ ); it should be a regular fixture playing the Island nations at home, does so much for the local morale, and so many of our players come from the Islands as well.

My FDs now only have a 2-hour eating window – I have given up having a boiled egg at lunchtime. No problems so far, too busy at work to think of eating.

Welcome, newbies, and well done you losers. Wee, don’t lose any more, you will disappear πŸ™‚ Are you fasting for health, now?

Good Morning All,
    Back to lowest weight but fluid day did nothing for me. Guess I did cheat with two Pimms at a party and my mushroom soup was 228 cals( we all seem to be on it) plus an apple. Try again tomorrow on strict rules just water and green tea. I really wish I knew why being active doesn’t really help my weightloss. When my knee and hip get better( here’s hoping) I think I must try some ‘Hiit’ workout like Ply and good old Sam. If you are lurking Sam I really miss your contributions, just a quick Hello would be great, just to let us know you are coping with life.

I really need to put in some extra effort this week as I have a socially busy weekend coming up. Posh Black Tie dinner at the ‘Confrairie Chapter’ ( wine drinkers bash) food really top notch too. Smiffy you would love it. Family dinner on Sunday too.
    Tangatawiwi- Forgive me- you were not a dream- it was a lovely day we spent together knitting and chatting. Which reminds me I still don’t know how much was raised that day, must check it out. How are you doing at the moment I know you have been very busy travelling and working on the house. How is your new grandson too?

Now I must get going as I am playing in two league bowls matches today, serious stuff. A singles match this morning and triples this afternoon. That will mean I will be on my feet for 5 hours minimum for two games today. Then ther is my dog walk in between at lunchtime making it 6 hours. Plus I need to get some more packing done before I leave.

Have a great bump day everyone.

Thanks for the welcome! Some great tips πŸ™‚

Just a quick in and out this morning . yes Barata going to keep fasting s it has made such a difference to me health wise .

I have the hairdressers today then out to B&Q with our lovely daughter in Law later . Tomorrow Jim has opticians appointment to change the lens on his glasses . Then Dr for me on Friday . so keeping busy .

have a great day everyone and enjoy the sun if you have it ( we don’t lol )

AO I hope you feel a lot better soon pal , you have gone through so much lately

SAMM I hope you are OK pal we are missing you.

Happy I think I need to adopt your name now :).
    Jojo be careful please pal doing fluid fasts when you are so active

Wee xx

Wee, fantastic that you want to adopt my name… !

I didn’t join the forum until I’d reached my goal weight, and it described how I felt! And how I continue to feel every day.

I truly feel intermittent fasting has given me the tools to maintain a healthy weight for life. And you’ve taken to it like a duck to water!

Good Evening Friends,
    Such a busy day, I am exhausted. Bad night again. Pain and poor sleep is now really hampering my efforts. I am getting quite despondent about health issues.
    Cancelled my fast today as my energy very low. Looking at gluten free as this improves energy levels.

Kept the food light, no breakfast, potato and leek soup for lunch and egg salad for dinner, too tired to prepare anything else.

Lost my single game of bowls because I was outclassed but I made a good effort. Lost a triples game this afternoon but a very small margin of three points. Lovely opposing team, enjoyed socialising with them.

Got an offer on the flat from my Aussie Guy but he wants to sub let the spare room, not keen on that idea. Seeing another candidate tomorrow night, a Doctor. Hopefully he won’t want to sub let. It would probably be better suited for a couple.

Hope everyone else has had a great day, tennis great again.

Hi Efficient Fat Burners
    Nicky Emel comespring and Aussie O in South Australia Nama & Keirra in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi in France & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA CakeyWakey Sarah103 HealthCoachB and Hello World (You All know Who You ARE) πŸ˜‰
    Very even game tonight Nama $1-90 each and it will be a massive game to watch on the telly at Adelaide Oval I fancy the power but anything can happen I’m not too sure how I feel about Thursday night football just yet it is a far cry from ALL matches played out on a Saturday afternoon though hey?
    Happy fast day fast trackers enjoy the power of one πŸ˜‰

β€œIt is easier to avoid eating than to stop eating once started”
    Peace RT

Good evening, all! I am here to report the latest breaking news from my trainer, after I admitted to eating only two meals a day (if she only knew the whole truth!):
    “You should be eating three meals with snacks in between to keep your metabolism up!”
    “Skipping breakfast is the worst thing you can do!”
    “If you don’t eat enough, your body stores everything you eat as fat!”

This right after telling me that I look thinner every time she sees me. Where does she think I am storing all that fat??

In the cupboard, obviously, Ply! You show ’em. πŸ™‚ P

Ply,

I hope you didn’t smirk and fidget while you were being lectured!

Nama,

Where are you? I’m afeared the mandolin has had it’s revenge and sliced all your fingers.

If you’re reading this, just type zxxdffffhfdddss… πŸ™‚

I have the smile and nod routine down, Happy!

Hi Happy i think it is Nama’s birthday this week and she may well be all loved up in the country πŸ˜‰

Thanks RT! I won’t call the emergency services just yet then!

As Weemam would say, what a lovely bunch you are!! I am here, fingers intact thankyou Happy! No RT, thanks but I don’t need an extra birthday – mine is Feb.

Just busy, socializing yesterday and hairdresser this morning. Had FD “lunch” with understanding friends yesterday – they ate and I talked! My Sri Lankan hairdresser gave me a big piece of his homemade “Love Cake” today, plus coffee with a splash of Baileys, not fasting so I enjoyed every mouthful. Still keeping on with 4:3 and liquids only for fast days and weight continues to fall, my only problem is keeping warm. Eating well on non fast days and not calorie counting, but sweet treats like this morning are very few and far between. I just don’t crave them now. Bread still tempts me, but I limit it to weekends only.

I am looking forward to the game tonight RT, I just hope my team can kick straight! I will light the fire and yell at the tv, that will keep me warm!

Hoping everyone else is having a good week, Cheers x

Hi Nama,

You must be a happy shadow of your former self? Have you reached goal yet? You must be close.

To recap, when you say ‘liquid’ only fasts, is that pretty much zero calorie? So no milk in tea or coffee? No soup/ broth (not even miso!)?

And the day after, are you doing 19:5 or eating earlier? And apart from feeling cold, you’re still functioning fine? No problem sleeping, no weakness, concentration problems?

Sorry for all the questions!

On the feeling cold front, it can have benefits surprisingly! I fasted earlier this week, coinciding with a day when I attended a large staff meeting in a relatively small and airless room. Apparently it was very hot in there, and lots of people were frantically fanning themselves with the free handouts…I say ‘apparently’ because I was quite comfortable! People will start thinking I’m a cold fish or lizard!

I sat near the back and was struck by how few normal weight people there were, with the assembled ranks of backs varying from those that looked slightly over-inflated to the morbidly obese. And I was frankly disturbed by the encroaching bottom of the lady next to me! But what can you say? ‘Please don’t sit on my knee’ ?!

Good morning All,

Ply- I know exactly how you feel. My nutritionalist was really not up for fasting as a way to lose weight. If she had known I had tried liquid only she would have had a fit.

However I will warn you that one of my friends got a heart problem from doing ‘lighter life’ for four months. If that wasn’t bad enough she regained every pound. Apparently she drank too much water without electrolytes. I think it was protein drinks and one salad meal per day, possible a clear soup too. So we do all need to be careful. She did lose three stone but her holiday insurance is through the roof now as she has a registered heart condition. Obviously she can’t prove it but I think there have been other cases and even a death through drinking too much water too quickly so space out those drinks people, not trying to scare you, just warn you.

Another pound down today and another new low, news which I really needed today. Slept a drug induced 8 hours and feel like a new woman. Off to play bowls and move some more boxes. Maybe it’s all the stairs I am climbing with heavy boxes that’s helping this week.

Ok so I need help with this liquid only routine. Exactly what can I drink apart from water, green tea, miso soup? I will give it one more chance tomorrow as nothing special planned except watching tennis and Physio.

Is anyone else really suffering low energy?
    I am not feeling the cold but then I still have two stones of padding. Most of my skinny friends are always cold. I have a goal at the top of my weight range as at my age I could do without the wrinkles. I think I read somewhere that you should aim to be 7 lbs over lowest weight range when you are over 50. To look better and to have a bit of illness weight you don’t mind losing. Probably written by someone who was too frustrated losing last few pounds ha ha.
    Have a great day all.

Nama, why would you not want an extra birthday? After all the Queen gets 2. What is ‘love cake’ sounds like something you might only eat in bed.

Happynow, I used to be the lady who expanded over my seat at conferences, great sitting next to a skinny person, disaster when two or three fatties together.
    Thanks for the support guys.

Hi Happy,

I don’t mind the questions, happy to answer as long as I don’t bore anyone!
    My version of liquid fasting is what works for me, whats ‘doable’ as SAMM would say!

I have about 100 cals of full cream milk spread over about 4 – 5 mugs coffee, plus about 1.5 L of sparkling mineral water, (with squeeze of lemon). Thats it. So about 2.5-3.0 L of water/fluids. I am certain that its easier as the gut gets no stimulation. I do get hungry of course, but not unbearably. I have only had one brief episode of being a bit light headed, but I worked out I hadn’t had enough to drink. It resolved quickly with a couple of glasses of water and a pinch of salt. I judge this volume in also by what comes out the other end, ie concentration and volume. I am usually really cold and tired by the evening, so have a hot shower and an early night (for me). I haven’t changed walking and swimming routines. I feel this is just my form of ‘turbo’ fasting to get to my goal quicker on the home run.

I wouldn’t do it longer than a month as I feel it would be easy to develop an eating disorder. We are having a holiday at the end of July and I wanted to get to 75kg by then, made it early! Tables say I should be 69kg for my height, but I think thats a bit drastic at aged 62. Last time I was 69 kg I was 30 and look very skinny then. I plan to get a couple of kg off before holiday so I have a bit of slack then maybe continue normal 5:2 until xmas and see what happens. Its all uncharted territory for me! I have gone from size 18 to size 12 jeans and feel great. My arthritic knees rarely protest.

Jojo I suggest you work out what is doable for you. You are very active (hence tiredness?) and this may not be feasible for you. Slow progress is better than aiming too high then crashing. But I know how hard it is to be patient….

Re your warnings re drastic diets, I totally agree. Lots of people who did high protein gave themselves kidney damage. Moderation is the key to good health!

The extra birthday means I get older quicker doesn’t it? No thankyou! And the Love Cake is a traditional Sri Lankan cake made with semolina, honey, rosewater and lots of spices….its divine.. and my hairdresser is a happily married man! He loves to cook and knows I appreciate it! Not sure what the name means!!

I am off to yell at some spunky footballers!

Viewing 50 posts - 10,601 through 10,650 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.