Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 10 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 8,901 through 8,950 (of 16,657 total)

• Bonjour mon Amis,
    It has been a very hot day and I have posted a very hot picture for you on Facebook. The beach was very busy, the sea very cold and the food delicious.

We are preparing for our last fun packed evening in town before heading home tomorrow. I will return to this place it is heavenly, lovely people, fabulous weather and nice atmosphere. Accommodation was reasonable and very clean.

I am fine today but looking forward to a good nights sleep in my H shaped nest, wish me luck. I will go to the doctor this week and suggest all the ideas you have come up with on the thread. First priority is getting more weight off. Thank you all for caring.

Glad others are meeting up, we have so much in common. Smiffy and I get on like a house on fire, it’s great to have friends who understand your issues with fat.

Weemam- it’s great that you are so close to your family, they are lucky to have you and Mr Wee.

Hi You All,
    My dad retired at 70 this year, and he is really busy. He attended his first yoga class last week. So proud of him. I did not start my career until 38, I have a long ways to go. But I love my job. Sometimes I wish I had a job like SAMM- would love to walk 30,000 steps a day and get paid for it.
    Oh I started hula hooping.. great fun.. the hoop falls in 15 sec.
    Have a wonderful day.

Hi Jojo and Smiffy,
    So pleased you are having a good time. I hope you get a good nights sleep. X

Hi Sarah,
    There is a knack to hula hooping, keep going and you’ll get it and really enjoy it!

I’ve had a great FD today, it has flown by and I’ve only had 430 calories which wasn’t intentional, but my salad looked so huge at 350 I didn’t want to add anything else.

Sarah,
    Go on utube to be inspired by hoola hoop techniques. The trick is to step one foot forward and start by swinging hoop really fast. It took me three weeks to get it going really well, now I can walk and talk as well as sway my hoop.

Just crashing into bed, packing done.

This will sound mad but I cannot wait to fast again on Thursday. Three meals a day is too many for me now, yet we had lots of salad.

Hi all

My packing also done and in bed for an early night. A long days travelling tomorrow.
    It has been a brilliant five days, but I am looking forward to getting back to OH and the dogs.

Like Jojo, I’m looking forward to starting the fasting again on Thursday. I hope the weather stays warm in the UK, as I find it so much easier to exist on colourful tasty salads. I’m sure I was a rabbit in a previous life!

Thanks for your company Jojo, you have turned me into a gambler, and after today on the beach, possibly a cougar! Sleep well.

Happy birthday tomorrow Happynow – have a great day.

Smiffy x

Good morning/evening all.

WOW what a lot of posts to catch up on … too many to respond to individually but fascinating reading is the best I can say, so much information, suggestions, ideas πŸ˜€

Jojo and Smiffy glad you’ve been enjoying not only each other’s company but the region as well … something to be said for eye candy isn’t there πŸ˜‰ apart from the fact it’s non-fattening πŸ˜†

Three eggs from the chooks yesterday, none the day before and 3 the day before that, so it seems they’re starting to settle into egg laying … with 3 laying now out of the 6 I have (I think I can see where they’re at now as the other 3 are not so brightly coloured and their combs and wobbly bits underneath aren’t as large either but if I’m right then there’ll be another one laying in a few more days).

Had scrambled eggs on toast for tea last night – it was very filling and not something I’d generally have but for a one off meal I’ll accept it … next time it will be without the toast!

Dashing off again in a moment but will keep updated throughout the day while at work (when time permits a peek πŸ˜€ )

Arrrgggghhhh … missed that it is Happy’s Birthday today (my time) … have an awesome day Happy πŸ˜€

Hi Amazon

Love to see you when you’re out here. We spent Easter in and around the beautiful Clare Valley.

Hi Nama

Jamison sounds like the perfect place to meet up. πŸ˜‰

Cheers, Bay πŸ™‚

Hello everyone, well day four in China and today we head for Qofu in the Shandong province. We are being fed like you would not believe, whilst I thought I was doing ok the hotel scales and my waistband have said I have put on a kilo…. Eek but am fitter and will be mindful over next few days.. Shanghai is incredible….I cannot believe the number of posts since last I logged on…Internet access is not always guaranteed…I miss face book!
    This trip has made me realise how much effort it is for my body to carry excess weight as my feet simply hurt , thank goodness that I did all that walking etc during my term off work. Mm some major motivation
    All the best everyone Emel

Goog morning All, apologies Happy for also missing your birthday. Belated good wishes.

We leave here at lunchtime and will be home for midnight. We have picnic on the train planned but I am not eating bread. My stomach really gives me gyp these days after eating bread, lovely though it is. I may try sour dough too.

I could have happily stayed another few days, not missing home.
    Hope everyone is working hard on their fasting at home, dreading getting on he scales. Pain killers, anti inflammatories and three meals a day plus I’ve cream will have had an impact. Oh well C’est La Viz

Dang@
    I was in an accident at work which was terrifying involving a forklift , shelving failure ,I fell 8ft onto a pallet of Twinkies of all thing, it slowly leaned over and fell another 8 ft on the concrete . Only a scraped knee. However when went home . I put my knee into the couch instead of my bum first. My knee cap swelled up like a softball. I’m now off work for at least a week. Ice is helping. I can still walk and do isolated things. But I’m limping really bad. I haven’t felt this since I had surgery on it 25 years ago. Hoping , hoping hoping when the swelling goes down, I’ll get on.
    They tried to fire the forklift driver, I had to yell for attention to be heard , it was an accident.
    He couldn’t see me, I didn’t see him, the lift was a silent model. my safety harness was on anchored to the shelf that failed. It was just an accident.
    I have pain killers , but I’m able to sleep without them, so I’m more onto anti inflammatory foods, water , and rest . So nice too sleep with windows open , with the city trains honking in the near distance. But I’m off fasting and exerise , so I can heal.

JoJo I glad for you having so much fun and friendships, so good for soul. I too feel so much better , with the weight nearly at 200 now.more importantly feeling energized to not be sitting around so much.

I wrote a poem too, but it needs editing , will share tommorrow.

Damn the twinkies! Hate them now more than ever!

O, Samm

So sorry to hear about your injury. Take care of yourself. Good people are scarce, as my Dad used to say.

All the best, Bay πŸ™‚

Bayleafoz oz

I read through posts, apologize for not bring sure whom.

The glutten free , change I’ve made was with reluctance, as I love the stuff.

It’s just that there’s been such a push in the market to make gluten free foods a selling point.
    So with more products the glutten free has more option in. The past , I’ve been on ADHD medications for many years, Never put glutten and ADHD together until I watched dr David perlmutter video. Grain Brain.

There is explained more about glutten than it’s issues in the digestive system, The dr makes the point that every human is glutten sensitive in the brain . With further points made about inflammation in the hipocampus due to glutten sensitivity , .

Since I’m into the fasting way of life not only to lose both visceral and subcantanous fats. But to try to adopt the way of eating habits that may extend my longevity. Perlmutter points to glutten as being a factor in alzhimers and demetia at the 85 year mark. I’m only 46 . Seems so far away, However after going glutten free as trial, the memory issues associated with the ADHD have improved so drastically . I can’t ignore it. I eat glutten and feel like I’m in fog. I go glutten free, and I can’t tell the difference in memory recall and impulsiveness. Wether I’m on Meds or no Meds. I choose to non medicated when possible.
    Many of the people close to that usually tell when I’ve gone off Meds, Made remarks when went back on glutten foods , but said nothing when I was glutten free.
    So for me I’ve realized gluttons impact , or at least I guess it is an issue for me. I’m more sensitive to glutten in the hippocampus , and not sensitive in digestive system.I feel lucky to have gained this insight.

Hi Samm

Great insights. I have been gluten free for some time now as it affects my body adversely. I think I have the FODMAPS sensitivity, but gluten free tends to take care of most of that. I also try to be low carb.

I began this WOL to lose a little weight, and mainly for its health benefits. As my Dad had Alzheimer’s.

I Keep on keepin on because of the health benefits.
    Cheers, Bay πŸ™‚

HappyBirthday Happy!
    Tomorrow is my fd and I made it through today at my calorie goal. I am looking forward to tomorrow, I am prepared with cabbage, chicken soup. Also, looking forward to a nice long walk… I sat almost 8 hours total today. When I got home I did 5 one minute sprints.
    AO I have 3 chickens and they are all laying eggs. Yeah! My husband bought them for my birthday.I hope all of yours start laying for you soon.
    Jojo- If I keep practicing the hula hoop.. I might be ab;e to get to that point. With all your pain, I hope you will not even look at a hoop until you feel better.
    Jojo and smiffy.. safe travels home.

Question.. what do I do to keep occupied.. since I am not eating all the time?
    I read the posts from all you fast trackers.. it keeps me motivated and entertained:)

Good work Sarah !

I suggest, or merely imply. Savoring every bite from the break fast meal. This helps me have strong will knowing that no matter how hungry I get on a fast day . I have great confidence the tomorrow will come and I will have a great meal to enjoy. So I won’t give in a little or give up.

When I get food bored. , hmmm

I think I write a few words to the thread, or look up some health benefits of healthy foods, Feed my brain. With healthy knowledge if you will?

But also since hydration is a metabolism issue. It’s doesn’t speed up metabolism, however being dehydrated can slow the metabolism down as much as 17%. This give the opportunity to make a drink time, or as the English have . A tea time. I’ve settled on 7pm and is a social time . I make a great fuss over how to make the best cup of tea I can possibly enjoy .

I have two favorites ,
    Green tea with lemon and stevia.
    And dandelion tea thats nearly as strong as coffee.

The emphasis being they are calorie free. Especially in winter when I’m more to being cold. The warm tea feels like I’m pouring warmth into my bones.
    Then my inward personal trait is after tea time go complete 3-5 small tasks to keep organized and on top of things, but mostly to break the habit of just always sitting around . So teatime is my sitting time. But other wise I try to stay up on my feet. I really enjoy the sitting down time with tea with family, as I dont sit with them at dinner time everyday like I used too. Finding the tea time instead of dinner time the time to talk, listen and appreciate each other.
    Giggles. They try to Share their candy with me, and I try to share my dried fruits with them.
    My daughter is 11 and brings in every 11 year old in the neighbor hood. It’s like watching emo wrestling.
    But at 7pm. The house rule is every sits around my huge round dinner table for 10 and has tea and gets a turn to talk.
    Many tea times it’s just me and my growling stomach though,and a faithful purring cat. Cats are great for cold sensitivity by the way. As is heating blankets.

I went though a period of wanting to see results on the scale, but my experience is in order not to feel anxious about it just to keep on keepin on with the fasts, and over time , the effect is I have many more days where I no longer have over eaten. A long term view. 1 week at a time no less that two fasts a week , but knowing that it’s the number of fasts per year that has arrested my obesity.
    I no longer hope I’ll be thin and strong, I’ve made the decision to keep to the fasting WOL. And the transformation is happening . I’ve had my struggles , not every week , or hell , not every month has been success. However after experiencing this weight loss , without feeling forever hungry , I just can’t imagine doing the starvation diets again. Heck! Even the semi fasting days I don’t feel hungry for many hours. And I sleep through most of the water fasts. I’m happy !

Still workin on this, but will share while the poetic mood is still in the air.

Tea time and me.
    Lemony sweet green tea treat.
    Tic Toc clock keeps on keepin on.Β 
    Another fast in the Β past.
    Feast days fast day healthy days.
    Many years to put it on, happy way of life now it’s almost gone.
    Bitter sweet sometimes a long life Β seems.
    Many friends long gone, Β but new friends can fill Β the young at heart like a sea of blessings .
    The porch seems to just buzz with people’s coming and going.
    Stop and drink our teas Β  Some need a bit o honey! Savory treasures better than money.
    A quick speech about something sincere , Β sharing somethings funny.
    It’s ok to be hungry today, and just Β sip our teas with us. Β No use in putting up a fuss. We know what it’s like to be obese, in our fasts we trust . Week by week we fast. Β Within ourselves finding hunger this way of life brings out ourΒ peace after the struggle.

Good morning Samm,
    My goodness, how terrifying, you could have been severely injured. I hope hour knee revovers well. I hope you get your knee seen by a doctor. Rest this wee my friend. Lovely poem, very heartfelt.

Strangely enough using a hoop does not hurt probably because it is a fluid movement. But Zi did not bring it with me. I also swing a 20 lb kettle bell to improve tone in arms and core, 20 mins three times per week. Again this doesn’t seem to affect hip, it’s omly walking xnd dancing that caused the pain and then mostly at night.
    Have a good ‘hump’ day friends. I will be travelling all day so no contact. Bonsoir France

Morning All,

Well today, the 15th, is my birthday. Thank you all for your kind wishes. Being on this thread means I get an extended birthday, since it dawns 12 or so hours earlier for our SH friends. It seems entirely appropriate to have a 36 hours birthday on the 5:2 forum!

SAMM, sorry to hear of your accident. It sounds like you were quite lucky to not come off worse. If it means you have more time for poetry and nutrition research, then at least we will benefit from your time off work πŸ™‚

AO, glad that your girls have started laying for you. And Sarah, nice to meet another hen keeper (I have 15, including a cockerel who is crowing as I type…).

I fasted yesterday, for health not weight loss, but am down a lb this morning. So, no worries with ‘treating’ myself today πŸ™‚ OH has been working away but promises me a takeaway, just hope he’s back before midnight… And I’m thinking I might break my no wine in the week rule, got to toast myself on my birthday! And although I don’t have much of a sweet tooth, I have some orange cake in the freezer that probably needs eating… πŸ™‚

Apart from that, it’s going to be a normal day…I’m working, and of course the animals and the polutunnel (and windowsills full of seedlings) don’t know today is any different!

Enjoy your days/ evenings.

Morning/evening all.
    SAMM, poor you, that must have given you a fright. Rest well, relax and recover soon.
    Safe journry home Jojo and Smiffy.

Happy Now Smiley

Another beautiful morning here. I’m off to the gym and out in the fresh air this afternoon. I’ve had two good days this week and am hoping that I’m back into the routine that helped me lose 2lbs per week.

Have a great day/evening everyone πŸ˜›

SAMM take it easy Smiley

Oh dear, SAMM, that sounds like a close call! Make sure to take the time to recover. Sending you healing thoughts!!
    Have a wonderful birthday, Happynow!

Happy Happy Birthday happynow . I hope you have a great day pal .

Jojo I hope you are feeling a wee bit better today and remember to make the Dr appointment

SAMM I hope the pain has eased a wee bit and you are not feeling too bad , I love the poem ,what a poetic lot we are lol .

Amazon we have some sun today too πŸ™‚

My back has a wee niggle this morning so I am being kind of careful . Have dad today so will try not to pull him out of the car and ask Ross to do it today
    bay I started 5.2 because of the health benefits too pal . I am here for life now the same as you πŸ™‚

have a great day EVERYONE , catch up later xx

Wee xx

Hello everybody! I’m so delighted to see so many of you still posting and having such great successes. I’ve fallen off the wagon:( and I’m really struggling to get myself back on board. I’ve returned to very bad habits – so crazy why oh why do I do it??? I’ve no doubt that this woe is the answer -I’m facing the music (scales) this week and after 2 semi fasts last week managed to be much more controlled over the weekend and a proper fast yesterday:). I was putting off starting again when out of the blue I started getting notifications through of posts on this forum – I’ve taken it as a ‘sign’ ‘divine intervention ‘ ….or a kick up the bum.
    So 2 days 500 cal 16.8 3 days 1200 cal and 2 days 1800cal here we come its so doable -I just have to do it!
    Best wishes to all

Samm I’ve just read your post so sorry to hear about your accident – my ‘fallen off the wagon’ analogy wasn’t very well timed! Apologies and best wishes for a speedy recovery. Quick question – I’m tempted to try drinking water with a little lemon juice first thing in the morning as I believe there are health benefits – would that break my fast?

Afternoon all.
    Hi Tartan Lass. There are several schools of thought regarding what breaks a fast, some suggesting any calories no matter how few will break it, and others state less than 40 is OK. I can’t believe that lemon juice in hot water will break a fast.

Emel, I forgot to say hi earlier. Enjoy yourself and think about the scales when you get home. Any gain will be nothing that can’t be remedied with a few FDs.

Tartan lass.
    Very glad to hear from you again.Β 
    When I started 5:2. Β I also fell off the wagon after 8 months.
    I was successful at losing 33 lbs. Β It was simply a change in schedule and a cash flow issue, I went to eating from my emergency foods out of the cupboard, but just didn’t restart . I finally stepped back on scale Β on the 1 year anniversary of starting 5:2. Β I had only gained back 5 lbs. Β So at the 27lb loss mark Β I decide to restart, Β searched for 5:2 forums and found this site. Β 

I restarted ! Β  Feeling very happy and confident that would lose another 25lbs to my second anniversary, but Β happy because I knew I would enjoy the feed days and flexibility of the feast days. That an occasional binge wouldn’t ruin everything. Β What found most helpful was that once I had switched to 4:3 Β . My portion sizes on feed days cam down. I mean to say I started feeling full on less food. Β  I kept a diary or journals. On the pc so I could look into past and see what made struggle and what made feel joyful. Β 
    Then I joined JoJo thread. Β Took time to really strategize the 2pm a week.Β 

I tried 6800 cals of restriction , but it caused problems with low energy at work.
    So I tried exercise Β  , to see just how many exercise calories I could manage. Β  1300 Β was doable.
    But I decided to up it a round 2000 , Β and add that to 4800 in calorie restriction. Β  I wasn’t always successful , but when I wasn’t. I was still on 5:2.
    At some point while reading from elsewhere on web I looking into stories from other that ave 100lbs or more. Β I came across “planned break” Β Β 
    This was study that Β  Offered no preference to the type of diet. Β Only a focus on how diets end and how many return to their weight loss diet.
    They gave one group specific dates to stop for two weeks , do whatever they wanted. Β Then after two weeks Β restart , they were given 4 two week breaks per year. Β The other group was given no instructions on when to stop or restart. Β 
    They found that the group that had planned breaks were all still “dieting” at the one year mark. Where the other group had only 5% still on their plans.
    They concluded that the group that was in control of their break and when to restart Β were highly motivated to keep on. Of course those are just my words, I’d have to look up the article again, and it’s here on this thread from last summer. Β It was a study about how diets can be extended.

What I Β do is haveΒ 
    Β Four ten week menus Β followed by 2 week break where I simply try to stay at TDEE, I got bored and decided it would be great if could switch fasting for strength training for the two weeks. Β I’m very happy with it. And this site, forum and thread keeps my head in the game!Β 

So Β my year looks like this.
    Starting Jan 2nd
    10 weeks winter menu .
    2 weeks planned break
    10 weeks spring menu
    2 weeks planned break
    10 weeks summer menu
    2 weeks planned break
    10 weeks fall menu till thanksgiving late NovemberΒ 
    Holidays Planned break from thanksgiving to new years day.

I know I can do ten weeks at time. Β And I’m highly motivated to this all the way to goal and beyond. πŸ™‚

About the lemon water.

Yes that is very healthy. Β 
    I believe it’s 69 calories Β for the whole lemon , but the juice only is Β  43 cal average .

A semi fast starts when we go to bed,Β 
    When we wake up. We may have 500 calories until we go to sleep.
    When we wake up the next day Β the fast is over.

We may have 500 calories Β , or no calories at all if we choose it is up to you wether to have them or not.

I do have green tea with lemon and stevia on my water fast days.
    So I call them my tea fast days πŸ™‚Β 

We like hearing from you , Β keep up with us πŸ™‚

Tartanlass, nutracheck says there’s 1 calorie in half a fresh lemon squeezed, and only 7 in 100ml. Definitely not going to break your fast!

They must have big lemons where SAMM lives πŸ˜†

Or we have weedy sun-starved runts of lemons in the UK!

Pmsl
    Thanks for your help πŸ™‚

I knew I should of looked it up to be certain.
    I was wrong
    Here a link to calories and everything else about the content of lemons or any other food you care to look up.

http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/fruits-and-fruit-juices/1938/2

I find this link invaluable.

SAMM
    You’ve now ruined my vision of you pushing a supermarket cart that contains just one giant lemon Smiley

Cauliflower cheese, yum yum!

Excuse me? Did I miss something, or did that cauliflower cheese come right out of left field, Amazon? P πŸ˜‰

No Purple, it came out of the oven!
    It’s not a FD and I found a small cauliflower in the bottom of the fridge that I had forgotten about and I had some cheese that really needed to be eaten before it walked out of the fridge by itself. A very tasty dinner πŸ˜›
    Back to fasting tomorrow and it’ll be a Spanish omelette with roasted asparagus.

Both sound fabulous. πŸ˜†
    Woken by a hotel alarm clock at 5.30am in Melbourne. Damn! I spent 12 3/4 hours driving yesterday and same again today to get home, so REALLY needed a sleep. πŸ™
    Meeting Nama for breakfast in a couple of hours at a cafe on the Bay. Lovely outlook. Will be great to “eyeball” another ft. P

Have fun πŸ˜›

Morning/evening all.

SAMM hoping you recover swiftly … so scary for you!

I have to admit that since being unwell commencing just on Easter I’ve not really had a FD however I decided that was okay as I wanted to get 100% before recommencing fully. Having said that I’m at 98% today so almost there. Think I will recommence on Saturday and perhaps ADF for a week or two to get rid of any gains. That being said I will weigh/measure again Friday (tomorrow) to get my new “base line” for recommencing.

So many posts that I can’t respond to them all. Glad Jojo and Smiffy had a great time and that Emel is having a lovely time in China. Great that PVE and Name are meeting up … have a great time ladies πŸ˜€

Am needing to get my recipe books out for Egg recipes (low cal but filling ones) as we are getting 3 eggs per day now with another one about to start by the look of her (comb etc are growing and getting very red).

I’m looking forward to a sleep in on Saturday, I really am quite tired still but unable to sleep in as need to get up and moving so I can get ready for work.

Big waves to RT, Wee, Wiwi, Happy, Smiffy, Jojo, Nama, Bay, PVE, SAMM, Ply, Emel, Amazon, and everyone else who posts or reads in here – you know who you are πŸ˜€

Hi AO
    Some friends of mine have 15 chickens and 6 ducks. They sell some of the eggs to cover the cost of keeping them, at the school where she teaches. That’s fine until school holidays when they are inundated with eggs. I always spend a week with them in the summer, and I love finding recipes that use lots of eggs.
    I am always given 6 chicken and 6 duck eggs to bring home, and they are fab!

Just arrived back at my flat, very tired but glad to be home. Dogs very pleased to see me.
    Now to get fasting sorted, no more excuses!

Welcome home jojo. Sleep well!

Hi Fast Trackers
    Nicky Emel comespring and Aussie O in South Australia Nama & Keirra in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi in France & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA and Hello World (You know Who You) πŸ˜‰
    Hi team happy fast day to those who are and a happy day for the rest of you beautiful losers SAMM I hope your ok mate did yourself a mischief bigtime you one lucky American. I am researching beans and baked beans in particular and I too could live on them I Jojo I hope the fun in the sun continues while abroad and the memories are good. Emel I shouldn’t ask but im going to anyway is the chinese food in china any good πŸ˜‰ Happy belated birthday hugs and high 5 better late than never hey. Wow tartan lass has returned after making our mini series πŸ˜† good to have you back on team reset and go again AO yes yes yes I will have what she’s having home grown bumnuts are awesome 😯 a 3 egg omelette with mushroom and onion is 254cal that’s 3 eggs a day right there AO
    My Omlette – 3 Egg Omlette With Mushrooms and Onion., 1 Omlette
    254 7 15 24 0 0
    Add Food
    Quick Tools
    254 7 15 24 0 0

Amazon you star keep on shining brightly Weemam lovely poetry for Ross 35 years doesn’t take long to slip on by what an adventure. This life is Nama and PVE on a breakfast date as we speak enjoy I wonder where hmm Lygon Street or Bourke Street have a fabulous meeting lots of school girl chatter and laughter im sure how cool is that the circle of life. Followed up with a girls weekend you will have bloody lock jaw by the weeks end πŸ˜† Smiffy gambler and cougar now you have my full attention πŸ˜‰
    Due to a water shortage in Ireland, Dublin swimming baths have announced they are closing lanes 7 and 8….

Paddy thought his new girlfriend might be the one but after looking through her knickers drawer and finding a nurse’s outfit, a French maids outfit, and a police woman’s uniform, he finally decided if she can’t hold down a job, she’s not for him

I got sacked from my job as a bingo caller the other day apparently, ‘A meal for two with a terrible view’ isn’t the best way to announce number 69

Paddy is doing some roofing work for Murphy He nears the top of the ladder and starts shaking and going dizzy. He calls down to Murphy and says”I tink I will ave to go home, I’ve come all over giddy and feel sick.” Murphy asks “Ave yer got vertigo?” Paddy replies “No I only live round the corner.”

After 100 years lying on the sea bed, Irish divers were amazed to find that the Titanic’s swimming pool was still full.

β€œNo food tastes as good as being slim feels”
    Eat Fast & Live Longer
    Peace RT

Hi RT,

Thanks for the belated wishes, but it’s still my birthday here for another 3 minutes!

Three eggs a day isn’t much of a challenge for you I see! Mine layed 11 today…

An injured knee is worst time for warm cat to run away πŸ™

all this call if lower and eggs. Got be some kinda recipe in there. Egg and cauliflower omelet .
    I’ll add tomatoes . Mushrooms. Spinach and half a avocado. Since I’m off the fasts till healed at least a qweek.

just had my dandelion tea out on porch. Will do my level best to sound like a kitty . Poor ol ralph!

LOL again, RT. Not much leakage from that pool. Any fish swimming lengths? Really enjoyed Lygon Street when we visited Melbourne.

Get better soon, SAMM. A scary thing to have happened. At least being laid up give you more time to research and post. πŸ™‚

It’s always good to get home again, Jojo, and sleep in your own bed. Especially when you have such a tail-wagging welcoming committee. Glad you and Smiffy enjoyed yourself.

Let me be the first to say: Happy birthday, dear Wee. I hope you have a lovely day, and all your wishes are granted. πŸ™‚ πŸ™‚

P, I just hate those hotel alarms. Why can’t the hotels get ones that have to be set to go off, instead of the next guest having to figure out to turn it off for a good night’s sleep. And of course it happens when you are on holiday! Are you only in Melbourne for the one night? Travel safely. πŸ™‚

B xx

Hello all,

Well back from the ‘breakfast meeting’ with the amazing Miss Purple. Vietnamese Chicken Wings (in caramel sauce) simmering on the stove, lemon curd pie made ( for tonights guests), so time to report in on this mornings ‘conference’…..

It was so, so lovely to meet the venerable lady in person. And what an inspiration to keep fasting… Purple and her mates (Bay & Co) are outstanding living proof that the good Doctor’s methods work! I am not even near the finish line yet, so an injection of enthusiasm and encouragement is always useful and meeting Purple this morning was a big dose! We had a delicious breakfast by the bay at Brighton and did manage to squeeze the food in around the conversation. Its amazing that by posting on Jojo’s thread we can find people that we have so much in common with and enjoy spending time with. Purple would be too modest to say it herself, but she looks fabulous! I would never have suspected she was ever a fattie – she is TINY!

Next order of business – The wonderful weemam – Please have a very, very Happy Birthday!
    SAMM – so sorry to hear about your accident, thank goodness it does not appear to be as serious as it could have been. Take care and rest it.
    Jojo and Smiffy, glad you had such a fun break and have made it home safely.
    Yes RT, I probably will have lock jaw by Sunday night. Aren’t you lot lucky I wont have Wifi available!

Cheers all x

Hi Everyone,
    I had a wonderful fd with 400 calories and have been keeping busy. I did find a new book out on fasting. Have your read it yet? It is by Cristi Vlad- Moclecular Mechanisms of Fasting. He has a free chapter on line at cristivlad.com (or something like that). I bought the book for my kindle and have been enjoying it.
    night all..

Thank you
    Sarah

I caught myself skimming , it’s almost 2am here so I’ll pick up the read tommorrow.
    Yes , it’s yet another read that encompasses much of what we need to know to increase our longevity.

My opinion is that it elusive, just taking the supplements , isn’t enough, we need to create the environment for the the supplements to be needed, and that environment needs to happen regularly enough that body become accustomed to it. Myself personally, trying to put the biggest health risks in order and balance.

No tobacco use, no alcohol use, limited uv exposer, increased N.E.A.T, regular practice of HIIT , regular practice of weight bearing lifting, detoxification, improved diet, gluten free, high omega3 balance, and anti inflammation diet. Fasting and modified fasting in regular intervals. Like 4:3 and ADF . As well as taking supplements. And the 1 most people miss. Once they reach the optimum fat ratio. Is to only consume the amount of calories per day that they use- TDEE.
    However only calorie restriction , walking, and increased intake of healthy fish have been shown to increase longevity. I’m pleased to read that that Chris says to get a view of longevity from many sources, rather become biased.

I’m convinced that the natural DNA repair mechanisms can be induced through fasting. From the 24-96 hours phases. And it is the possible for those that reach it more often can put off cancers until much later in life. I also believe in regular intake of proven cancer fighting foods also combine with the fasting to help control cancers. Further Ive come to u derstand that some foods when present in the bloodstream help create the best environment for correct replication of dna in the first place.
    It’s my belief. That at any point a human starts to improve their cellular health will have benefit. For instance starting at age 44 I cannot expect to become 122 , but if I can my body into balance continue to exercise and eat healthy choices, and fast. I’ll increase my longevity or at least lower my health risks.
    For now all I can manage is 4:3, but if someday I have the opportunity I’ll move to ADF .

I ramble on when I’m sleepy.
    Knee is 5% better , slept with the door open and cat finally dragged himself in when it started to rain.
    We worry fur him because he s declawed, but intent on getting outside. He’s neutered , but still girl crazy.
    His belly is full, and now sleepin on my daughters feet . Both snoring hard!

While I came to 5:2 on the whim of trying to improve my health. By doing the doable . Where weight loss is the side effect of prolonged intermittent fasting. It’s become a way of life for me. Where 1 day I’m low energy, but the next day with the high energy foods I’m participating in social eating with friends and family. This increased energy , on the feed day is where I try to apply the doable approach to exercise.
    Walking, skipping rope, sometimes swimming, and lifting weight.
    Thank you for the link , I’ll keep reading . I like the positive remarks about resveratol.sp too. Seems to be a collection of many positive health benefits.

Wee, I hope you have a great birthday and the family spoil you rotten! You deserve it. It’s a beautiful morning here in north west England, I hope the sunshine gets to you too today.

I must admit to eating a bit too much on my birthday, just as well I had fasted the say before. And the orange and almond cake must count towards my 5 (or 7) day…

Nama, so pleased you enjoyed meeting Purple. So funny to hear her described as tiny. I now have a mental image of a pint-sized P!

Viewing 50 posts - 8,901 through 8,950 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.