Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 11 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 8,551 through 8,600 (of 16,657 total)

• Note to self – spell check before submitting as auto correct makes some strange decisions but hopefully you get the gist

CW

Been off for most of the week being granny and mum…still am, but Mr P and I just had to read your humorous contributions RT. Tears pouring down our faces. Thanks mate.

Just saw your question RT…yes, Mr P and I weigh morning and night. Even took our travelling scales with us this week when we went to our holiday place. We have had 3 parties this week and one more tomorrow! Both of us are sitting at our lowest weight, despite all the party food. Weighing twice a day allows us to monitor carefully. If a bit heavy, no breakfast. Works really well for us.

We decided to be “naughty” tonight as it is cold and wet and the visiting family gone out. We bought chicken schnitzel and potato wedges and only managed to eat a tiny portion. Pathetic. We don’t even manage to binge any more πŸ˜‰ Our bodies accurately tell us when we’ve had enough.
    Happy Easter fts. P

Good Evening All,
    My day started well but I simply ran out of energy mid way through my ballroom fitness class and I could not raise my energy levels again all afternoon and evening. I cancelled my fast after dinner as I felt I needed some calories to give me a boost. I made an extra salad and cooked some potato slices and roast parsnip. They were delicious and I already feel better. I suspect I just overdid the exercise today. My Healthy Heart Class was a lot more strenuous than usual because we had a new instructor. She was very efficient but lower level exercise was almost non existent, we even had skipping in the circuit. Samm would be very impressed that I managed one minute of fast skipping, I could not have managed that last year. I have no idea how he manages it for longer, nearly killed me, legs like jelly.

So I am resting this evening and will only do a short 90 minute walk tomorrow. No chocolate foe me but then it doesn’t really interest me. I will probably have a hot cross bun on Sunday. I will also have a very tiny slice of chocolate cake as I am making one for a friend for their birthday.

Amazon- glad you enjoyed your chocolate.
    CW- pork belly is one of my favourites too.

So who do I pay? Everyone here is so encouraging and uplifting. This WOL is working and this website has helped me for almost a month now. Today I am on my 8th day of fasting. My heart is to respond to everyone of you Fast Trackers. Please keep going, you are an inspiration to me. Each day is getting better. I appreciate the knowledge. Some of you are recording your steps, I am going to start doing that on Monday. SAMM get better soon, I am going to try roasted dandelion tea. CakeyWakey: congratulations. Take everyone:

Evening all.
    I’ve had a lovely day. I had a good workout and a nice swim this morning, then went to my brother’s house to find the whole family gathered which was really nice, especially as it is the first time for nearly 18 months that we’ve managed it. I declined the offer of lunch as I had eaten breakfast just before leaving home, and my SiL just said “come and sit at the table and chat to us while we eat, and if you change your mind, help yourself” I was so full of breakfast that I wasn’t interested. Before I started this WOE I would have piled a plate high and eaten it all!

I’ve had a bacon sarnie and some wine this evening which went down very well πŸ˜›
    A FD beckons tomorrow.

Hi everyone, another semiFD for me today … mind you a hot cross bun will be consumed (at least partially) at some stage I’m sure. Just being careful of choices and amounts (had half a hot cross bun yesterday as I just could NOT eat the rest).

Had all the family over yesterday, this morning it felt like I’d already had two of my four days of Easter, lol, so in a way that’s a good thing as now I still have 3 more days πŸ˜€

Off to keep getting stuff done, need to go shopping for a few things – someone at work has maybe given me the dreaded lurgy and I intend to see it off quick smart!!!

Chat later πŸ˜€ … oooooh almost forgot to say, my chooks finally started to lay yesterday πŸ˜€

Went to sleep day 4 of a cold symptomless. Wake up day 5 phlegmy, but no sinus pressure or sore throat.
    Once again. Was able to work a whole week even though I had a cold.

JoJo I have no issue with 23/1 as long as they’re not back to back AND long term . That’s where the 19/5 is the issueless. Saying that the absence of adequate macro protein cause bone issues.
    That being said. On mine own me myself and I 27/12/27 has two periods of DNA. Repair mode I’m guessing. Where as 23/1 is questionable about getting into the DNA repair mode. I take it further by eating so e of foods the body uses to make new DNA most efficiently. So 1 I’m guessing my body makes less dna errors when making new cells and gets into the dna repair twice a week. It’s my hope that it will help increase my longevity.

What. I discovered was that if I observe the good sleep pattern. And put the sleep times as much as possible in those 27 hour periods I rarely struggle. Again I don’t make too many recommendations , but share my experience. I’m thinking this system will clash with my summer social agenda . But saturday seem to be perfect for eating, drinking and being merry on the lake. If it means It sunday’s this year will spent mostly sleeping , but still sleeping at the lake. Well I suppose it doable. But I know it’s just barely doable as there will be many old habits and temptations all around. Plus I like to keep my eye on my second boat NOOP. If they need me , then it’ll take energy. So I’ll be at middle of 5:2 and 4:3.
    I’m glad I’m in no hurry to get to goal vs sabotaging being social. I’ll look to see if I can find another boat owner that can fill my shoes on Sunday’s . Kind of manipulative I guess, but I’m at war with my obesity.
    If I can find a way to make everyone happy or at least live with it .

It’s warmer here now, but still cool overnight, to help sleep, I open the window and dwell under the heating blanket. My tea maker and weights are within reach of the heating blanket. I just say enough about how much I love to sleep. Especially since our discussion last summer about foods that help sleep. Even my dreaming. Is better. Go figure! I know I’m just rambling, but I put it together with something specific in mind.

High energy day low energy day.
    Sleep day , work out day.
    DNA repair day, anti cancer food day.
    Where ADF. Provided. Great structure for that yen yang. I simply couldn’t manage it with all walking I do on the job.

Suppose I’m saying its the full tool box theory.

If. I fill the tool box with all the little tools first then I may not fit the big tools in at all.

The big tools I’m referring too are fasting long enough to reach the DNA repair mode and having low energy day followed by high energy day. The difficulty is getting then to overlap and still have a the all important social life. Because I dont live in a man cave during the summers. This last year I worked out a very big tool to put in the fasting tool box. In fact the biggest one of all IMO .

Sticking to the1200 a day average. Yes I managed to work out how to put 8400 total calories into a week of 4:3 CRAN.
    The little tools are in the 8400 calories. They are chuck full of anti cancer, anti inflammation , and immune boosting foods as well as pre and pro biotics and antioxidants, electrolytes, fiber, mood precursor , omega 3s , satiation. As well as a few foods that help to detox the body like broccoli sprouts and liver and gallbladder cleanse foods. And all be gluten free and part of a fully hydrated regimen.
    Not to mention finding the energy to get 2000 calories of exercise , exercise that helps strengthen muscle and keep the hippocampus healthy and help circulate the lymphatic system.

I like what I can fit into my diet tool box!

When I was diagnosed diabetic was like throwing a monkey wrench in too. But persistence has paid off. On top of everything else I only take oral medication. For 13 weeks a year while on planned breaks from fasting. The other 39 weeks I’ll be monitoring closely and trying to make healthy food choices that keep my A1C at the best numbers for longevity. So I cross-referenced everything I put in the the tool box already with the glycemic index. Choosing mostly from the low glycemic load choices. At work I typically eat beans, walnuts, and mini sweet peppers, and lemon water. Eating the enitre lemon.

What I expected was to struggle, but as I took it day by day , the fasting increases my hunger, making the health foods more tolerable. I developed a taste for them and have started enjoying them even more than the junk foods I used to eat in the break room. O found that if I were at the gym 24 hours a day working out like a machine. If still consumed more food calories than the exercise calories I still be adding to my obesity. Like an obese body builder. The problem with that lies mostly with not the subcantanous fat under my skin, but the visceral fat that surrounds my organs. DR MOSELY points to this. So my choice for exercise based on time and accessibility is jumprope. Due to it being a 7 minute HIIT That can be done almost anywhere and also helps to circulate the lymphatic system. Having a diet to help with jumprope energy has been key to my 72lbs of weightloss so far IMO. My approach isn’t just to lose weight, but to decrease health risks and practice things proven to increase longevity. Though I’m aiming at 100 years old. The same diet in need to practice to increase my longevity may be the same diet I need just to get through the next ten years. My goal is simply see to it that only daughter gets though university. She’s 11 now. I’m 46. I lost one parent early in life, but the other has been invaluable to me. So my want to increase the longevity isn’t just for mine own vanities.

Ok rambling on!
    Weighed in today shocked.
    202 lbs. 72lbs lost.
    I lost Weight after a divorce in 1999 the lowest weight I got to was 201lbs from a start weight of 251.

I now fit well into my black leather jacket I couldn’t through out. I wore it on my first date with my second wife in 1999. Feels good to wear it comfortably again.

JoJo
    You may look Into sports drinks.
    Not the high fructose corn syrup ones.
    I drink a pedialyte. For salts. When I went lowsodium diet it became nealy impossible to work out constantly without petering out half way. Once it started in with electrolyte waters I was fine. Where as just throwing sugars at the fatigue wasn’t heathy anymore , sports drinks like Gatorade are not perfect. Nothing really is yet. But I drink the pedialyte and don’t experience the fatigue issues like I used to. Pedialyte ti 4 times more expensive than the sports drinks. But I don’t them as often a my exercise is usually in short ten minutes sessions . Sometimes. Jumping rope then jumping I to bed, Jumprope triggers my hunger pangs. So I used to jumperope three times a day. For 200 calories each on a fast day. So my jumping calories would equal my food calories. Since becoming diabetic , I dont practice that anymore.

Hi SAMM
    You have one of the most educative post here! To me they are all good resources.
    Have you ever experienced not so good sleep the night you Fast?
    Be well
    HCB

I agree with HCB.. SAMM you keep us well informed.

Morning All,
    Thanks SAMM, I don’t know what happened to cause ‘burn out’ yesterday but I woke up in a pool of sweat at midnight, fortunately I am fine this morning. I suspect ‘low salt’ may be an issue even though I have ‘gravy stock’ in my ‘daily’ home made soup.

I am under keeping under 1200 cals on non fast days and 400-500 on fast days which vary from 2-3 per week. As you know my social life is pretty hectic and includes eating out at least twice per week with friends. I choose fish usually but occasionally have what I really desire eg sausage and mash or pork belly(once per month)I rarely eat dessert(once every three months) but I love ‘starter’ dishes and I especially like Japanese and Indian/Thai food. Many of these dishes are calorie laden so 3 fasts are necessary to ‘undo’ the damage.

Yesterday I did 14,000 steps by lunch time having only had an apple, it was not a great idea. I should have had breakfast and lunch not dinner, bad planning.

I weighed in today, no loss recorded(still at lowest for 20 years) but it is frustrating, I know patience is required but this is not in my nature. I don’t think I am ever going to get through this next stone barrier I have been hanging around this stone for 6 months, going up and down after each holiday and celebration period.

Usually I am positive and have loads of energy but I really need progress to motivate me. I know I look reasonably good now( comparitively) but I am still obese and know that the temptation to eat bread and pasties is always there, I manage it but haven’t beaten this curse of being a ‘glutton’. I still eat too often, too quickly and food is never far from my thoughts, I still eat when I don’t need to, when I am not even hungry.

I exercise daily but don’t see the results on the scales only in energy levels and toning. For the first time since I started ‘fasting’ I believe I need the help of a ‘slimming club’ or personal trainer, maybe ‘slimming world’ could help because I am not keen on weight watchers(they encourage eating sugar based processed food). I am considering doing something to support me for the home-run of losing the last three stones, I think I need to get on those scales in public to increase my determination and control.

I am just not beating this battle with myself, by myself. I have no family or friends who are dieting/fasting. I have drawn support from this thread which has been fantastic. I do realise family can also be negative in terms of support. I know I have lost 5 stones and can be proud of that but I have promised myself that I will be 10 stone by September and time is getting very short to lose that now. I need a sure fire method of succeeding and keeping my motivation going, if only I could go to a boot camp for 6 weeks. But would that then mean I would gain again afterwards. It has to be ‘doable’ in the long term. Maybe I have just hit a low physically and mentally.

Off to give myself a good talking to before my coastal walk today. Suggestions welcome!

Hello Jojo. So sorry you are going through such a “downer” at the moment. You have done so very well and are committed to this wol, that has been such an inspiration to me and to many others on this thread,I’m sure. I do hope that you are feeling better soon. I have been really down myself at times,too. I do understand how food calls to you sometimes, it can be so hard to resist can’t it. Try to keep positive, we are all behind you.

Morning Fast trackers
    JoJo, You are being maybe a bit hard on yourself. I agree that the last meal of the day is less necessary than the earlier ones, but lives must go on.
    14K steps on an empty stomach is the kind of thing I do, but I get the shakes sometimes. I had to get out of the pool on an after fast day as I ran out of energy.
    I have set up my wifi fitbit aria scales and am inspired to eat as little as possible today. My weight is a bit on the high side after the pizza I ate a few days ago.
    I only ate one plate of pasta. In Rome they cook the pasta and then get a large wheel of parmesan cheese and light it with some sort of alcohol. When it is hot they put the hot pasta into the wheel and turn it to cover with parmesan and serve it. Very yummy, but blows the non-fast day allowance.
    I am now starting each day with warm citurus and water, though I did notice that maybe on an empty stomach, it’s a bit harsh.
    On our flight bck to France, our plane was 2 hours late and we arrived at Marseille at 2am. The ground crew had all gone home. It took 30 minutes to get someone to come and open the doors. The English speaking pilot said some very rude things about French efficiency. Only OH and I seemed to be the only Anglophone passengers, as there was little laughter. The joys of flying Ryanair!
    Our fridge is full of veges and the soup is cooking on the hob. It won’t be a very foody Easter, but after Rome, just as well.
    RT, your job assessment quotes were very funny but hard to believe they were said.
    AO, now we are in France your morning comments come in the evening. I like them in NZ with the first cup of tea.
    Happy Easter and fasting.
    XX Wiwi

Thanks Wilbernana and Wiwi,

Reading tried and tested slimming techniques to boost my motivation. I am sure I will make it through the next week until my holiday which will cheer me up. Probably ‘sad syndrome’ so fed up with dull wet days, I need some sunshine.

I can get to my target, it just requires discipline and support, go girl!

Morning/evening all.

Jojo, I think you are being hard on yourself too, but I know how you feel and it can be frustrating and disheartening. Have you considering combining fasting with Paleo? It is something I’m looking into in order to get rid of the remaining flab as I’m finding it more difficult at the moment. I am going through a phase of wanting to eat everything in sight on non fast days and need something radical to get me out of it.
    I don’t think slimming club will help you as you’ll know far more about nutrition and exercise than the group leader will, and you’ll lose faith very quickly.
    23/1 long term is not a great idea IMO as it doesn’t fit in with normal life and makes it very difficult socially. I am all for reaping the health benfits of this WOE, but I’ll be sticking to 16/8 once I reach maintenance.
    Carry on as you are this week, have your holiday, and make a decision about whether you need to change anything on your return. You’ll get there as will all of us, but there will be more bumps in the road to negotiate before we reach our destination πŸ™‚

The more exercise I do the hungrier I get, and I had an incident of feeling very unwell after a workout last week and thought I was going to faint in the shower at the gym. I’ve solved it by drinking twice as much water during exercise, and eating an apple between workout and swim.

FD for me today.

Hello

Going to York today and lunch planned in Betty’s, excited to see my daughter who is meeting us there.

Just wanted to pop in and say hello after reading your post Jojo.

I’m afraid I have no advice for you as sounds like you are doing all the right things, mindful eating and an active lifestyle.

Hope you are ok.

CW

Jojo,

I’ve found it tough the last few weeks, and have failed on fast and non-fast days to control the urge to eat. I think it’s related to winter, and the instinct to eat calorie dense food and maintain fat stores to see us through lean times.

For us in the northern hemisphere (if we didn’t have ready access to the supermarket!), this would be the hardest time of year. In gardening terms it’s the ‘hungry gap’, you’ve eaten up last year’s stored produce and there’s very little edible in the garden (or wild). Our bodies are just trying to see us through until this year’s harvest is ready.

So it should be much easier for us all when the weather finally warms up (just a little bit!) and we finally say goodbye to winter (and the winter blues!)

I can appreciate that it is frustrating to be stuck, but you are at least maintaining so that’s great news. You’ve lost a massive amount of weight, and this is a massive readjustment for your body also. I know it’s easy for me to say be patient, but for whatever reason your body needs a bit more time before you start losing again. If you continue to eat somewhere between your current and goal weight TDEE on non-fast days, and stick to quarter TDEE on fast days, then your body will have no choice but to respond (when it’s ready!).

I don’t know enough about groups like slimming world to know whether or not they would help. But if you feel you are losing your way, and can’t just work on maintaining and wait for further loss, then it wouldn’t hurt to at least investigate.

I like this simple to read explanation. Coping&PastingΒ 

Is Walking Just as Good as Running?
    Β By Dr. Michael F. Roizen
    Mar 31, 2014 8:56Β 

Walking may seem like more of a mode of transport than a form of exercise, but it really is one of the best things you can do for your body, your beauty and your long-term health. While you thought you were just getting from here to there, those steps were improving your cardiovascular strength, strengthening your muscles (which means more fat-burning power) and decreasing your chances of disease. And you can even find ways to walk while you work — such as a walking meeting or a treadmill desk, which you may have caught me using last week on FOX8 in Cleveland. Walking is such good exercise that you ought to include it in your day as a way to get younger.

A May 2013 study by researchers in the Life Science Division at Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory looked at data from 33,000 runners and nearly 16,000 walkers to compare the relative health benefits of each activity. From the outside it might seem like running — which is considered a vigorous intensity exercise — must be better for you than walking, a moderate form of exercise. But the results bore out differently, with walking taking a slight edge in the end. But there’s a big if, so keep reading.

To be sure, both walking and running had positive effects. When the researchers checked in with participants six years after the start of the study, they found that running significantly reduced the risk of high blood pressure (by 4.2 percent), high cholesterol (4.3 percent), diabetes (12.1 percent) and cardiovascular heart disease (4.5 percent), for every MET h/d, which is a standard measure of metabolic energy expenditure. Great news, right? Well, it gets even better.

Participants who walked regularly saw even better results. Walking decreased risk by 7.2 percent for high blood pressure, 7 percent for high cholesterol, 12.3 percent for diabetes and 9.3 percent for cardiovascular heart disease. The more someone walked or ran, the greater the benefit.

Here’s the if: The runners and walkers had to expend the same energy to get the same benefits. That means you’d have to walk longer than you’d have to run for the same effect.

If you’re already jogging and sprinting to your heart’s content, keep at it, as long as your joints are aligned and you protect them with strong muscles to act as shock absorbers — and you wear great shoes! Yes, running is a great way to keep healthy, boost your mood and keep blood flowing for glowing skin. Not into it? No problem. Just keep working toward those 10,000 steps a day — or more, if you can! Especially if you’re just starting out or have never run before, walking is a great, low impact way to get into a fitness regimen without risking injury. Walking is easier on your hip and knee joints — just to be sure, do lunges or squats twice a week. The RealAge benefit of 10,000 steps a day is feeling 4.6 years younger for women and 4.1 for men.

Two other interesting studies appeared in the last month. One suggests that a daily ounce of any nut leads to a 20 percent decrease in the all-cause mortality rate. That’s the equivalent of 6,000 extra steps a day. My favorite is lightly toasted walnuts, since they’re the only nut with omega-3 fatty acids. But you should keep piling the steps on, even if you’re eating nuts. Meanwhile, another study found that people who get 900 milligrams of DHA omega-3 a day, whether from supplements or three 6-ounce portions of salmon a week, saw their blood pressure drop the same way it would as a result of 10,000 steps or quitting smoking.

How difficult is adding nuts and DHA — and extra steps — to your daily routine? Not very. The RealAge benefits of all three for a 55-year-old man or woman is about 7.5 years younger. Pretty easy to make yourself younger, eh?

So take all three actions: 10,000 steps, an ounce of nuts a day and 900 milligrams of DHA every day, no excuses. After all, every step you take is one step toward a fitter, more beautiful, healthier future.
    ——-
    ——-
    From SAMM
    IMO. You may condider also adding the intermittent fasting lifestyle and eating fish 2 times a week in place of staples of inflammatory foods.Β 
    Further Antioxidant rich foods like blueberries and red beans, and naturally pre and probiotic foods rather than avoiding them.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_antioxidants_in_food

Foods that Contain Probiotics and Prebiotics
    By Shekhar Challa
    Part of the Probiotics For Dummies Cheat Sheet
    Many foods contain probiotics (the good bacteria that help your body maintain health) and prebiotics (fiber that good bacteria eat but that isn’t digestible by humans). However, it’s difficult to get enough probiotics strictly through food. You need to take a probiotic supplement to get enough probiotics in your diet to maintain good health, especially if you’re treating a particular illness (such as antibiotic-associated diarrhea).

Fermented foods β€” which used to be a larger part of the human diet because fermentation was a great way of preserving food β€” contain probiotics. You’ll see quite a few fermented foods on the upcoming list. Fermentation is the process of adding yeast to a food to change its structure. Primarily, sugars and starches are broken down during fermentation.

One thing to keep in mind: It’s the live bacteria in the food you eat that make it full of healthy probiotics. Since heat destroys the bacteria, you need to make sure that your yogurt, for example, says live or active cultures on the label. Some yogurts are pasteurized, which kills the bacteria. Those yogurts with live cultures add them back in after the pasteurization process.

Probiotic-rich foods include the following:
    Kefir
    Yogurt (with live cultures)
    Kimchi (a spicy fermented cabbage common in the Korean diet)
    Dark chocolate (a good, high-quality chocolate)
    Tempeh
    Microalgae
    Miso
    Pickles
    Natto (a fermented soybean)
    Some soft cheeses (such as Gouda) contain Lactobacilli bacteria
    Sourdough bread may also contain Lactobacilli
    Fruits such as bananas and tomatoes
    Vegetables like artichokes, green beans, leeks
    Whole-grain breads
    Honey

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/df/Foods_highest_in_antioxidants.jpg
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prebiotic_(nutrition)
    http://i.imgur.com/dmwxa5p.jpg

Hi SAMM
    I’ve been reading about the comparitive benefits of running and walking, primarily for calorie burning, and the conclusion was that the only difference is the time it takes to burn them, ie 5k burns a similar number of calories whether it is walked or run.
    My take on that is that the time short should take up running to burn calories and the time rich should walk.
    On reading your post I guess anyone interested in long term health benefits who loves to run should find time to walk too.
    I’ve been researching it as I use the treadmill several times per week and am almost at running pace so have been considering the pros and cons of it. I might start doing some short bursts of running to see how it goes, but will have to take extra care of my knee. If it works out and I graduate to running most/all of the time on the treadmill, I’ll have to ensure that I keep up/increase my outdoor walking which won’t be too onerous at this time of year.

Hello
    Yes, Amazon, I realized that walking or running burns same number of calories. I’ve noticed that it is the same for swimming. Sometimes swimming two kilometres takes me just over an hour or longer, but still 360 calories burnt.
    I would have thought that water temperature would be a factor as well, but my counter doesn’t ask that question- only time and distance.
    While in Wellington, we had no car and walking was our form of transport, sometimes clocking up 30K steps ( about 17 kilometres for me). I didn’t lose weight doing that, but it toned my legs and arms( often using walking poles).
    I miss this now we are in rural France. We walk for recreation rather than necessity.
    Still pleasant, but less pressing.
    Wiwi

Hi Wiwi,
    I have been spying on whoever is on the next treadmill and comparing their numbers to mine and it bears out what I’ve read. I can’t decide if I want to run or not but I guess I should give it a try, and if I don’t like it I’ll continue to walk.
    I want to increase the amount of time in the pool. When I was in WA last year I was swimming 1.8k in an hour, and I would like to swim for 30 minutes but my stamina after a gym workout hasn’t allowed for more than 15-20 so far.

After swimming 1.8k every day for 5 weeks I felt wonderful and didn’t have an ache or pain in my body, even the shoulder that had been troublesome for 2 years was pain free. It is bothering me now and limiting what I can do in the gym and I’m almost certain it is about flexibilty so IMO swimming is the way forward along with continuing with Pilates.
    At some stage I want to take up Yoga, but I am determined not to try to do too many things at once but just do a few and do them well. I’ve put starting Zumba classes on the back burner for the same reasons.
    I do recreational walking with my friends and walking for exercise alone as I move much faster when not talking πŸ˜‰
    And I thought us girls were good at multi-tasking πŸ˜†

Hi Amazon
    After swimming 900m I notice too that my whole body limbers up.
    As you say the aches and pains just disappear.

I now have to travel 90 km to go to the pool, which is always just too crowded.
    I will however go once a week, swimming is just too important for health.
    xx Wiwi

Good Morning,
    Jojo – you are great example here! Just look at the big picture to seehow far you’ve come! You are social and physical active and looks like you have many friends.
    I also don’t have anybody on FD and family and friends sometimes don’t understand! I am in Florida and lots of people come and go out of my house. This has caused me to completly go away from WOL and routine I had before and before I blinked many pounds more were here. This week on my FD my sister in law here of course on vacation said to me “is it today the day you don’t eat anything?”. It’s hard to explain over and over again that on my FD I eat the healthiest 500cal under the sun. Anyway I go back next week when she goes but more will arrive.

SAMM and Amazon and exercise – for me what works best now is walking! I used to to a lot more but makes me more tired than energized also while jogging my knees started hurting. I need to work on my muscles that’s be sure.

Probiotics I believe in its power! I make my own kefir and do fermented veggies here at home. Thanks SAMM for educating us.

Enjoy the day whre er you are.
    HDB

Hiya all from a lovely sunny Scotland .

We are not taking Dad out until Monday as the road will be very busy here over the weekend . Our town is called ” the gateway to the highlands” . I love reading all the posts .
    SAMM thanks pal for all the tips . When I start to get a cold I chew raw onions . I always have them in the freezer . The chase the cold and the friends away ( the smell lol ) .

Jojo you work so hard and are such an inspiration to us all . I used to go to WW and slimming world . I have tried them all . I was even a councillor for the cambridge diet BUT I love 5.2 and it is free and we have all the lovely support on here . We can’t tell you what to do but you tire me out when I even think about all the things you do .You rock pal .

I have very little left in my wardrobe now that fits me and I have bought 3 new tops from Asda . I love them and got them reduced too . So I am a happy chappie .

I love this thread and all the chat and the recipes and the tips and encouragement . I am so glad that I have found all of you lovely people . Life is good right now and our son who has CP has just done something he has been trying to do for a long time .(Not going into detail though ). This has made our day . Take care all of you and please keep the info coming

Wee xx

Hi jojo:

You posted: “Off to give myself a good talking to before my coastal walk today. Suggestions welcome!” I have a suggestion.

Please, please give your body a break and reduce the amount of exercise you are doing!

When you started your epic and successful war against your weight I offered the same advice to you I offer to many others who start a diet and start exercising – don’t depend on exercise to help much with your weight loss. To support this advice, I use the standard calories burned numbers that show you have to do a lot of exercise to get a small weight loss benefit.

However, that is not the full exercise/weight loss story. Research shows that a person’s genes can significantly impact the weight loss benefits they get from exercise. It shows that up to half the population carry genes that can reduce the benefit up to 50% or more. That would mean that a person with these genes could look at their fit bit or exercise equipment calories burned read out and see they (were supposed to have) burned 100 calories, but in fact they burned many fewer calories – research has shown up to 50% or more fewer.

These people have very efficient bodies – they can do a lot of physical activity with a lot less fuel. From an evolutionary standpoint, this is a good thing, as they would be more likely to survive and catch some food during a famine than their peers who burned calories like they were going out of style and had no food to replace them.

You seem to have demonstrated these genes. Your exercise levels have been absolutely incredible for a person of your weight and age. It would seem you should be able to sit down at an Olympic training table and eat everything on it and still lose weight. But you have reached a point where you are on a 1000 calorie a day (almost starvation) diet, exercising like crazy, and not losing any weight. And mentally, you seem to be suffering from the thoughts that you are doing so much (exercise) and seeing so few results, that you must do even more to succeed (like going to Slimming World).

Also, if you look at your overall (incredibly good) weight loss and the time you have been at it, you can see that the loss can in large part be accounted for by the reduction in calories in your diet, with little ‘credit’ being given to calories burned by exercise.

So my suggestion is to stick to your diet, but to cut your exercise levels at least in half and walk more than anything else. You do not need your current exercise levels to gain the well known health benefits from exercise. This will give your body a chance to heal itself (because exercise damages the body, and it needs time to recover), and you (and your mind) a chance to ‘take a break’ and enjoy not only your incredibly successful weight loss so far, but also life, as you won’t have to be constantly going to exercise classes. And, if you stick to the diet, you might also see your weight loss resume.

Good Luck!

Hi Jojo, I don’t usually post on your thread but this morning I was a bit distressed to read your post. I’ve been doing 5:2 for 3 months only and one of my motivators has been reading the forum, including yours. You have been really inspirational on your thread. You have come so far. But you do wear me out with all that activity you do. It was only a week ago that you did the rock choir at twickers. Did you go up on such a high that this week you have come down?
    Please rest, its easter, take some time out for yourself.
    Simcoeluvs reply is well written as always, others have said much the same.
    From me to you, you live in the garden of England, take some time out to look around you and smell the roses.
    Also you are banned from slimming world and weight watchers. We need you here.
    Have a good weekend.

Hello Simcoeluv,
    Thank you for your suggestions but I don’t do exercise for weightloss, I do it because I enjoy it, I really do! I would not do any class I do not enjoy. They are also great social activities. I don’t do ‘feel the burn’ type classes, not enough stamina or social interaction.

I never count calories burned during exercise nor do I work out my TDEE because I have proven that if I exceed 1200 cals I gain weight. I do agree that you lose more weight when not exercising, in fact I have proven this in the past. However exercising improves tone and well being. I do think a ‘rest’ will do me good so I am giving myself a break from Yoga and circuit training for two weeks. Can’t miss my dance class or walks though.

I know many people on here consider my activity levels ‘high’ but they are not ‘high’ to me because I have always been very active and always taken part in sports. I love it and am very competitive. I have changed my sports over the years to compensate for injury risks, hence cycling is now walking and netball is now lawn bowls.

I looked into the menu suggestions of slimming clubs and quickly decided that this is not a solution. I believe in healthy eating and not processed foods.

I think my problem is still ‘eating too much’ , I am lazy about counting calories and therefore not following the plan. I definitely eat healthily 98% of the time.

Friends who have offered support( too many to name),
    Thank you all for your kind and supportive words. I am usually a glass half full kinda girl, temporary blip on horizon. I am sure I will get back on track and start losing with no more yoyo- ing.

I have no cause for complaint, I am time rich and enjoying my retirement, life is good.
    Off to make chocolate birthday cakes, what we do for love!

hi Jojo

Im another who reads you posts but only rarely add to this forum, sometimes I feel REALLY lazy, reading what you do wears me out. But it has also finally got me off the couch, no excuses now!!

Strangely though, Im a little heartened knowing even the best stumble – I hope that sounds ok, I mean I’m struggling and knowing long termers struggle sometimes puts it all in perspective, so instead of giving up, I – and I think perhaps quite a few others – will see that this is just a stumble, so won’t be disheartened.

So take a step back, Im certain that all is necessary is to pause and gather up your skirts, and when you are not looking the further losses will come, and you will be flying towards your goals.

Of course knowing you have an army of folk willing you on, will give you heart. And remember, it is always darkest before the dawn!!!!

Travel hopefully…….

Hi everyone, Jojo you will do what is right for you, as we all do for ourselves. I admit to agreeing with everyone else it does feel exhausting when I read all the activities you’re doing, but that is YOUR choice πŸ˜€ . Myself other than the walking that I do I am not doing any other planned activities … I have a lot of family and social activities along with working full time which means I don’t have a lot of available time to add in exercise (I also run a part time business from home πŸ˜€ and also like to do craft work so I plan my times around these when not working or having family/social outings/times).

Wiwi sorry to hear my timing is off now that you’ve moved hemispheres πŸ˜€ … Daylight savings finished overnight so now it’s back to the … brrrrr … winter timings πŸ˜†

Hoping everyone is having a great Easter πŸ™‚ … I’m still fighting off the dreaded lurgy and seem to slowly be winning (resting, sleeping, lots of fluids of the non-alcoholic variety etc) just a bit achy in a few joints, slight sore throat and sinuses playing havoc, nothing a little time won’t heal πŸ˜€

Have a wonderful day/evening/afternoon everyone πŸ˜€

Hello Milena,
    Good to hear from you. I assure you everyone has their low periods but most don’t discuss them in public. I am so pleased I may have influenced you to get off of the couch, you will feel better for it. Your message has really cheered me up.

Aussie- Sorry to hear you are unwell, you are the third person I have heard of this week to suffer with a sinus pain. It’s horrible isn’t it, especially at night.

Cake is finished and looks great, it smells even better. The good news is that I don’t really like chocolate cake, much prefer lemon drizzle(which I am making tomorrow) ha ha

Hi Jojo

cake – the solutions to the ills of the world! Lemon drizzle is my favourite too!.

Thanks Jojo, just general aches and pains at the moment … sure it will soon pass (sore throat and headache too) but I’m using Lemsip drinks every few hours and getting relief with that.

Had half the grandies over so far today, had them all over yesterday and Friday so expect will have the other half over today too πŸ˜€

Morning All,
    Happy Easter Everyone,
    Enjoy your chocolate egg( hopefully singular) I will have a piece of someone’s at some point today I guess. I will have a sliver of birthday cake too. We are celebrating two this afternoon. Another buffet which will be my nemisis so taking a salad with me.

Weighed in this morning but still no change. Just a dog walk planned today, taking it easy.

Hopefully you are all seeing families this Easter holiday, if not, I hope you treat yourselves in some way( but not too much), it doesn’t have to be food of course, maybe buy a dress or shirt on line, in a smaller size of course, a little incentive.

Must get some cake decorating done now, get swirling that icing. Thankfully both recipients are skinny and love both sponge and icing. Luckily savoury food is my downfall. My choice of birthday food treat would be a homemade high quality cornish pasty( sad or what ?), roll on September.

This time last year I was 32 lbs heavier and had just left my husband after 28 years, so much has changed since then but we remain good friends which is incredible. If you have a big change to make in your life, be brave, it may be the making of you. Next year I hope to be reporting that I am 42 lbs down on this year.

Raise your glasses to fasting my friends and of course healthy eating and exercise.

Happy Easter to fellow Fasters across the world.

Easter Day and I’ve decided to Fast. For the first time in 8 weeks I’m changing a fast day. Both my girls are at work today so unable to have a family lunch as we would usually. We are going out for a lovely walk instead. Planning an Indian takeaway tomorrow night so thought it would be easier to fast today instead.

A strange sort of Easter without the family around.

I had a super day out in York and enjoyed my lunch. Bacon and raclette rosti followed by a raspberry macaroon. It was simply heavenly. It was a non FD but because I could begin to guess the calories I skipped breakfast, then, when we called in to a coffee shop for a bit of tea, I just had a cold drink whilst the others tucked in to sharing platters.

Anyway it seemed to have balanced as I’m another lb down this morning.

Anyway, time to get on with the day, hope you enjoy the day too.

CW

Morning/evening all.
    AO, I hope your cold gets better soon, they are a real nuisance and can make you fell quite unwell at times. Enjoy the rest of Easter surrounded by your family πŸ™‚
    Well done CW.
    Another FD gone to pot as I was invited to a friend’s house and it invariably involves wine. She also bought me a variety of small chocolate bunnies and eggs. I haven’t eaten any of them yet and will do so in small amounts on non FDs when I fancy some chocolate. Unfortunately two glasses of wine on a fasted stomach woke up the food demon. I had my planned FD dinner of a vegetable and cheese omelette but added some hot buttered toast! The result was within TDEE but certainly not a FD. I’ve decided to continue my weekend as originally planned and not worry about it.
    I really wanted to be at goal by the time summer arrives, but that isn’t going to happen so I must be positive and patient and try to get myself back into a more structured routine as far as eating and fasting is concerned.

Have fun everyone.

32lb Jojo! That is amazing along with a good relationship with your ex. Well done.
    You must feel like a new woman.

Happy Easter all πŸ™‚
    Had an interesting conversation with 11 year old grandson as he examined the label on the chocolate rabbit his mum had given him… 1000 calories. I pointed out that is most of my normal daily intake (I eat about 1300) and the same as 1 and 3/4 bottles of wine! I know which I’d prefer. He was amazed. Hopefully the message gets through. I am staggered how little his parents understand about calories in food.

We’ve had guests for 10 days. Had 4 parties plus Easter and have gained no weight. It IS possible to maintain easily with this wol. P:)

Hi P

I appear to be inadvertently practising maintenance at the moment!
    Glad to hear that you are having a good time and not gaining. I’d opt for the vino too πŸ˜‰

Good girl Amazon πŸ˜‰
    Keep it up! P

Happy Easter to everybody.
    HCB

Early on after I took up the 5:2 lifestyle. I had many struggles. I still do, but not as many are surprises .

I used to read read read, as my injury kept me in bed for so long , well I read a lot !
    80% of people’s have no clue how to count calories . Anyone want to guess how many of those are obese?
    I was one.

I used a strategy of having books and websites to give me the calorie counts.
    But even after I became expert at look g at a p,ate of food and getting close to what calorie apps were indicating . I began to realize. That I just wasn’t spending enough time measuring it up.

I bought 100 pyrex bowls of various sorts the come with lids, can co from freezer, to microwave to oven, and don’t have the issues that plastics have. As starting trying this It became time consuming , I finally settled on 1 day a week I would spend about 3-4 hours in the kitchen on a feed day to cook and measure . So that my freezer is stocked with choices of portions. All are either 250 or 500. This makes for simple counting. On the other 6 days.

When I adopted 2 water fast days of 4:3 a week. The freezer starting getting full up. It’s ok . It’s there and simple. I also have favs in can foods, tuna, red beans, and mixed vegtables.

Another diet stap,e has been bags of dried fruits, they are easy as it says right on the bags how many calories are in bag total and Is simply a subtraction.

Secondly I decided I would only have 8400 calories a week. This has been a mark in my journal that has tipped the scale consistently. The two fast days and 1 semi fast day. Leaves 4 days to consume 7800 calories. Or 1950×4 days. With this eating socially isn’t a diet buster. I get the full feeling being satiated on those 4 days. If I’m not eating with others I eat from the Pyrex bowls or from 100 cal cans of soups.
    Though I feel like an expert calorie counter. I find keeping it simple plays out better.

For a long time I was hovering around the 50lbs lost mark , I was still obese so I needed to find what would keep it going. I have to say aiming for two pounds a week has been my weapon! 1 1/4 from food calorie restriction, and 3/4 calorie from exercise. I would do more exercise , but that’s actually my limit! If I do more than that I get fatigued and fasting is accompanied by a lot of hunger pangs.
    I looked carefully at my journal. I was constantly losing 3 lbs in 2 weeks but gaining back 1-2 lbs when I wasn’t as strict.
    So I came down to do I press forward with more effort, or drop back to 1pm a week, knowing I keep on losing and regaining the same lbs.

I came to decision to stop socializing on weekends because that was where the massive uncounted calories were in the journal. My last meal of the work week is at lunch time on Friday. So my dieting doesn’t Interfere with working energy.
    But then it’s 27 hours to the next intake .
    I sleep a lot . ALOT

BUT the Saturday comes and get this awesome 12window to have 1950 cals.
    I go out with family and friends, and or cook my pryex soups.

But according to my clock In time on Monday to start my work week… I back up 27 hours and start a second 27hr water fast.
    Then in the middle of the week 1 semi fast .

So the remaining 3 feed days have 1950 calories and I’m strategic about using high energy foods that double as good for macro nutrition for muscle and have some additional micro nutrition for Vitamins , minerals, anti cancer, anti inflammation, pre and probiotic, anti oxidants. And if they don’t. I take them of the shopping list.

I seem to stick to this. But when someone has free food or want to do a dinner or lunch I go.
    Mostly order from the fish menu if it’s prepared as health food. Estimate the calories and count them on my phone.

The two 27 water/ tea fasts has made a significant impact in my weigh ins in my opinion.

Also the 1950 calorie days has made a significant impact on how much exercise I’m able to do, as I have plenty of energy and nutrition on those days . I go to the gym and do light sets of the 7 compound movements.

I feel like the incredible shrinking man! Because the more I lose , yet the stronger I feel , the more I feel energetic. However , based on my life experience , I agree with simcoeluv. I have altered my strategy based on his advice and feel like I’m winning the battle. Exercise isn’t the best way to lose fat. But in my opinion it’s the best way to keep from losing and regaining the same pounds over and over…

It took me 9 months to start accomplishing HIIT with jumprope, but I wasn’t lifting as much then. So I’m saying I took it slow and built 1 expertise in 1 skill at a time.

I walk more 20,000 streps at work every work day.
    I can jump rope after ever meal for 7-10 minutes. But that took longterm determination. I could do it because I did it with my father when I was teenager. I just needed to increase my vo2max.
    I lift weights , but only do the 7 compound lifts. I’ve done these all my life.

I use stability ball instead of the couch whenever I can.

I dare not talk about my plans when I reach 100lb goal , but I plan to keep on keepin on with fasting, fantastic nutrition, and exercise. Just adjusting the numbers.

Happy Easter. You know I’m eating good , I never miss a feast!
    The occurrences of missed scheduled fasting days due to holiday is very small. So I just enjoy it for the day and go back to schedule. Best wishes everyone!

Tip
    I stay constantly hydrated with anti cancer teas.
    http://www.herbs-info.com/anticancer-herbs.html

Went for a lovely 5 mile walk today. Up some steep hills and tried to keep pace with my OH so sure it will have been good exercise. It is a FD so kept going with water, started to feel a little shaky half way round so are a banana and that sorted it.

As I walked I was thinking through my philosophy:

– I cut calories using 5:2 to lose weight
    – I eat good food to keep healthy
    – I drink water to hyrdrate
    – I do yoga for core strength and flexibility
    – I do hula hoops to tone and for core strength
    – I go walking for cardio and toning
    – I read books to escape and relax

And I do housework cos I have to!

Think that covers a lot of bases – now just need the discipline to keep at it. Sounds simple when I put it like that but real life gets in the way.

CW

One of the nicest things about modern technology is when you’ve had a really nice dinner and can sit with your feet up while the dishwasher does all the work πŸ˜‰

Amazon,
    Sounds like a fine life for sure. I am sitting with my feet up watching ‘Vera’ on TV. Brenda Blethed the actress lives close to me, in Ramsgate, I have met her several times, she is lovely. What’s more she really supports local theatre and am dram educational courses.

I had a lovely smoked salmon sandwich for my tea, made a nice change to eat bread.

Hope you all had a good day.

Hi Jojo

I’ve eaten a lot of bread in the last few days and really enjoyed it, but it is now going to be rationed to two slices per week.

The roast lamb was delicious and I shall be making cottage pie tomorrow with the leftovers πŸ™‚

Hi all

Just a quickie – just got home after a lovely afternoon/evening with my family celebrating mother’s 89th birthday.

I haven’t had chance to catch up on the thread but did see Jojo’s posts – hang on in there cherie – just a few more days and we will be off to France for some fun. The weather is looking good, so lots of walks but also being gentle with ourselves. I have had two weeks of non-stop eating and drinking because of various social events including four family birthdays. I’ve fasted twice a week but been way over my TDEE on the other days. We will motivate each other, I’m sure.

Look after yourself

Smiffy x

Hi Jojo
    Just had a chance, now that my family have flown home, to read your post from 4th.

You say: “Usually I am positive and have loads of energy but I really need progress to motivate me. I know I look reasonably good now( comparitively) but I am still obese and know that the temptation to eat bread and pasties is always there, I manage it but haven’t beaten this curse of being a β€˜glutton’. I still eat too often, too quickly and food is never far from my thoughts, I still eat when I don’t need to, when I am not even hungry.”

I’m at the other end of that journey and, despite often thinking about food and always gobbling when I eat, something has changed.

2 years on this wol, with the first year totally eliminating no-no food (potatoes, rice, cheese etc) I can now eat anything, any time and remain at my low healthy weight.

The trick is not exercise or calorie counting for me. I simply eat less food, less often. Not because I feel I ‘have to’ but because it is now a habit. I don’t desire those highly calorific foods, regularly, and listen as soon as my body is full. I don’t snack (much) and now understand that my body doesn’t ‘need’ food at times of tiredness/boredom/socializing etc. I only eat when I am genuinely hungry. It is a habit now.

This morning I finished a small amount of a left over Chinese omolette for breakfast and dumped the rest. Sounds a ridiculous food choice, but I didn’t feel like it last night. I might have had it for lunch, but, no matter when, I was still eating it. Breakfast or dinner. Still the same calories! πŸ˜‰ It will not change my weight and I don’t have to ‘run it off’.

After our house guests left yesterday, we had cheese, biscuits, dates and wine. But we had no dinner. …in the past that would have been a pre-dinner snack. It’s all about reducing fuel consumption.

Eating less, and changing to healthier options most of the time, CAN become second nature but I feel it does require a period of abstinence in the beginning,to change. Regularly eating potato or chocolate, for example, does not change the palate. A clean break allows your body to step back and reconsider the value of such foods. They are “sometimes foods” but hold no part in the weight loss period.

We found being really strict with food and walking daily, no gym work, allowed us both to loose enough to go from obese to the lower half of healthy range. A total of 65kg together! The stricter you are with food, the quicker you lose and reset your eating habits.

Hints on how to lose:
    2 fasts a week of less than 1/4 of your goal TDEE
    Only healthy food
    NO SNACKING
    Eat up to goal (not current) TDEE on other days
    Eliminate starchy foods, replace with leafy
    Lots of walking and stairs
    Find diversions that keep you happy and your mind busy
    Enjoy your new body….you will have it for the rest of your life

Remember, whatever path you choose, it must be sustainable and enjoyable. Deprivation is not a long term option. Habit changing is. πŸ™‚ P

Brilliant post. Full of good sense.

Morning/evening all.
    It is a beautiful morning with a clea blue sky and sunshine πŸ˜›

I fell veryuncomfortable this morning after my huge dinner. Previously I would have eaten it and snacked both before and after, and got up this morning planning an equally huge meal. Instead, I’m sitting drinking my morning tea, dressed in my gym clothes and wondering how few calories I can eat today after working out.

Purple, your post was very motivating and informative, and I really admire your strength of will and control,but I am having issues cutting some things out completely. I simply cannot sustain this WOE for months without having starchy vegetables or the occasional slice of cake. I am working really hard at my lack of control with bread, I gave it up for Lent which sounds great, but I was constantly looking for a bread substitute and have hardly lost any weight over the past few weeks, and as soon as Lent was over I ate far too much of it for three days in a row. So for me, the answer is not to cut things out completely but to learn to control how much of it I eat.

I would add that there is a huge difference between following this WOL with someone else in the house who is either doing it with you, or standing on the sidelines giving constant encouragement, and doing it alone. Sometimes telling yourself that you are doing it for you just isn’t enough.

Time to go to the gym and burn some energy, have a good day/evening everyone.

Good morning Smiffy,
    Just booked the car park for our trip, exciting. If we have problems with the train we will rent a car but I am not crazy about driving in France, we will see. I have heard lots of great things about La Rochelle.
    Morning PVE, thank-you for your advice, I do appreciate it but the crux of my ‘blip’ was lack of support from a non cyber person’ and ‘the damn weather getting me down’ all the other stuff I can and will get under control.

My ex was an inveterate sugar addict, I left because I couldn’t cope with the junk food continuously being available. His place(I was there there yesterday) is always full of this type of food, no room is snack free. Obviously it’s not the only reason I left, just one of them. It has really helped my diet to be free from an environment that really tested my self control especially if I was feeling low.

I have changed my eating habits for the good and mostly eat healthy food, I don’t keep any snacks at my place. As you know I like fish and veg with a rare foray to chicken. When I go out to dinner I will mostly choose fish but occasionally splurge on something different if I have the urge. My chip days are definitely gone though, I prefer new potatoes. I have cut bread 100% at home because it is a food I cannot resist even though I know it hampers weight loss. I buy rolls if someone is here to lunch and I will have one with soup if out but that is usually it. Yesterday’s buffet is my nightmare meal because I forgot to take the salad I had prepared because I was carrying three cakes I had made for friends and family’s birthdays. There was simply nothing healthy available plus everyone was drinking. I stuck mostly to tea but ate sandwiches( better than cakes).
    Today I am out to lunch with my daughter but will choose wisely and then I will walk the dogs for an hour.
    I think it is harder(on the whole) to do this thing when you are on you are on your own although I remember dieting and cooking alternative choices for my family. The smell of fry ups in the house were torture, at least those days are gone. But I do miss the companionship of watching a film together or playing crib. This is why I go out so much and do so many activities. I keep myself busy to avoid getting lonely. Food can be a dangerous companion.
    This thread keeps me focussed most of the time. Going to the gym, bowls, choir, dog walking etc keeps me out of the kitchen and keeps my spirits up. Both my children will be going to live overseas this year so I need to build a life that keeps me busy and active. I will travel to see them but it is very expensive so this may be bi-annually. I am very happy for them but know I will miss them dreadfully.
    All that said I am still determined to reach my goal by September although I am not sure how I will do it. Dig in to those reserves of inner strength and will power. 23 weeks to lose 42 lbs, it’s a big ask and requires supermen effort on my part especially as I have two holidays coming up.

Viewing 50 posts - 8,551 through 8,600 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.