Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 10 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 7,801 through 7,850 (of 16,657 total)

• Well done Amazon and Nicky on your latest losses. And everyone else 😉

You aren’t kidding about cool evenings/mornings Nicky! Had to resort to buying a warm throw last night to make it to 10 for the 2nd Buena Vista performance. The crowds were HUGE!

We are doing marathon numbers of steps each day, but I think the food and wine will more than make up for it. P

I would very much like to say a big big congratulations to Amazon 60lbs down surely deserves a beer 😆 And to my SA fast Friend Nicky a beautiful piece of communication full of integrity and honesty soo good. Bryn I am a supporter of ADF alternate day fast or the EOD every other day diet the 4-3 is the best balance it switches on the efficient fat burners lying deep within after getting entry level of 5-2 to get the hang of things.

Hello All

I just started a 4:3 plan 2 weeks ago. I have been following this and the “over 50” thread every day. As I said in the “over 50” thread, I have decided to stop lurking and join in the conversation, as both groups are so inspiring. I introduced myself pretty fully in the other thread, but the summary is I’m 57, want to lose a realistic 20 lbs. If I succeed in that I will go for a “dream” 26 lb loss. I am a former long distance runner who was sidelined 2 years ago with a knee injury. 2 years and 20 lbs heavier, I have finally decided enough is enough, time to stop moaning about the weight and start losing it. I was stunned when I got on the scale today to see that I have lost a total of 6 lbs over the 2 weeks. Hope things keep going this direction, but fully expecting to hit a plateau every now and then. As soon as the weather gets above 0 degrees C. I plan to start walking, which I hope will help move things along at a 2 lb per week pace. PS just call me DJ – when I went to join the forums DJ was already taken so I panicked!

Couldn’t agree more with your comment about this group, Nicky. I wouldn’t have joined (being more or less at goal) if there wasn’t such warmth, support, inspiration and love 🙂

I think we all need a beer to help you celebrate, Amazon! Well done.

Bryn, start with the two non-consecutive days a week until you get the feel for what you are happy with. I started having an omelette for breakfast, but no don’t eat until a boiled egg for lunch. Welcome to you, and to DJ. Excellent result, and so encouraging.

Whoops, what was I trying to say? Now, I think.

Welcome DJ and Bryn,
    I hope things go smoothly in your weight loss challenges. We have several big losers on this thread so you should be able to get advice and support not to mention excellent nutritional guidance.
    For myself I have chosen 19/5 fasting daily, fasting 3 days per week, as it helps me control my food intake in a short eating window. I drink teas and water( no alcohol) during rest of time. Fasting worked very well for me in the first four months which should be sufficient for both of you. Things have slowed and yoyo’d since last September mainly due to my very full social life and holidays. But I am determined to lose another 3 stone during the next 4-5 months in time for my 60 th birthday so I am very focussed both on calories in and exercise taken. Currently 400-500 cals on fast days, 1100-1200 on non fast days. I average 2 hours exercise minimum daily with one hour aerobic the other sport, dancing or walking. I am mostly vegetarian enjoying fish and seafood plus salad and spicy stir fry with zero noodles.

One pound down today at weigh in today which is great because I have had three lots of birthday cake this week and was faced the dreaded buffet last night, not a healthy option in sight. I had a small plate serving then danced for two hours.

Well done Amazon 60 lbs is a fantastic achievement, you will be running through Kew soon, best purchase some spikes. I have another weekend away due but am determined not to gain weight this time, no more gains, full stop.

Best wishes to all, keep moving even if it is only hoovering and cleaning. You can even use an armchair bike it still burns calories and not weight bearing.

Hi all thanks for all your advice. I think I might give 4 3 a go this week only because I have a bridesmaid dress fitting in 3 weeks. I’ll give it a go and let you all know how i get on. Thanks for all the tips.

Would it be possible to loose 2 stone on this diet by end of august. Got wedding in Santorini. X

Morning/evening all.

Thanks for the good wishes. I am so pleased that the weight has started to come off again, and am determined to keep it moving. B2B FDs today and tomorrow to compensate for the gratuitous food that went with the beer 😉

Well done to everyone else. We are all working hard towards our personal goals whether it be losing or maintaining, and getting ourselves as fit and healthy as we can.

I agree with everything Nicky says about this thread, I came here after joining another and deciding it wasn’t for me. It was the right decision, as I’ve had so much support and made new friends too.

Purple appears to be having a high old time in Adelaide, and whilst the SH mob are reporting chilly evenings and mornings, the weathe here seems to be sliding gracefully from winter into spring. I have some dwarf daffodils only 15cms high, in a window box on the kitchen sill, and when I got up this morning, 4 of them are in flower. I love them because they are the colour of sunshine 😛

Have a great day/evening everyone.

Bryn, after a break from 5:2 when I regained some (18lbs) of the 3st I had lost, I started again on 11th August 2014 and I lost 2st in 14 weeks ie 2lbs per week, in time for my late November holiday. I did 4:3 for 10 weeks, and 3:4 for four weeks.
    You have plenty of time to lose 2 st, so maybe you should give 4:3 a go and see how you get on. When I did 3:4, I did B2B fasts M/Tu and Th/F which gave me two normal days every weekend.
    Some thrive on ADF but others like to eat normally on Sat/Sun.
    Go for it, you’ve nothing to lose except weight!

Well 4 weeks and 10lbs down.

You are all so inspirational.

Last week I started trying to do more exercise – I have bruises on my waist from hula hooping!! Might have to give it a rest for a day or two sk getting out the skipping ropes this afternoon.

Mondays and Wednesdays are my fast days and strangely I look forward to them. But I also enjoy my non FD too – as I sip a lovely coffee with a Sunday morning croissant.

I like the balance this WoL is offering, it doesn’t feel all consuming like other diets have done. You don’t feel guilty for enjoying your food.

Having tried this last year and not getting to grips with it at all, my best advice is to try and stick to set days where possible. You’ve always got the opportunity to swap days if you get a better offer 🙂 but last time I just kept procrastinating.

Sorry I sound a bit evangelical.

This weeks step change is to drink more water- this diet definitely making me thirsty and diet coke really isn’t a good solution all the time.

Happy days

Saw this in an Italian in Adelaide. Thought none of you would recognize this:
    “My doctor told me to stop having intimate dinners for four unless there are three other people.” Orson Welles

Hope you are all enjoying your weekends. Mr P and I are 😉 P

Thanks amazon I will definitely give 4 3 a go this weekk I will let u know how my weigh in goes Saturday. Thanks for the help appreciate it.

Another Orson Welles quote which I have on a kitchen apron I’ve just bought to support Comic Relief

“Ask not what you can do for your country, ask what’s for lunch”

Smiley

CW,
    Well done on your weight loss.
    Quite a few of us avoid diet drinks because of the artificial sweeteners as we don’t think they are very healthy. I used to drink Diet Coke every day, but I can no longer tolerate any type of cola. The only fizzy drinks I have are water, which I drink daily, and tonic for my gin 😉
    In the summer, I buy organic cordials such as elderflower, and dilute them with sparkling water if I want a change from plain water.

Amazon I for one toasted you with a nice chilled glass of Moscato tonight, accompanying the rhubarb crumble my SIL made to finish our lovely family roast. Amazing, your loss of 60lbs.

We have been enjoying lots of long walks this weekend away. Today I climbed quite a steep hill without stopping midway to recover …. the 14kgs gone, plus the swimming, have improved my endurance unbelievably. Now its me who suggests the walk after breakfast and dinner! Husband is in shock.

Fasting tomorrow, Public Holiday or not! Time to reset the burners RT.

Thanks Nama.

There are others here, Jojo for example, who’ve lost more than me, I’m just hanging onto their coat tails.

Glad to hear you are enjoying your weekend, and the health benefits of losing some weight.

Hiya from a sunny but cold Scotland .

As most of you know it was OH birthday yesterday . he got lots of chocolate and treats and I never even sniffed one . Today I made baked rice for him and Ross and never eat any .( well literally only a few grains to see if it was cooked ).
    if anyone had said that to me in July that I could have resisted I would have laughed in their faces .
    I have now hit 49 pounds off since July and that’s 77 pounds lighter than 6 years ago and lighter than I have been for around 40 years .

Our lovely DIL gave me a photo she had taken of me and my lovely Dad at Christmas . She had it blown up and put on canvas . I keep looking at it because I can’t get it into my head that it is really me . If anything will keep me on 5.2 that picture will .

Amazon ..well done pal .. Well done all of you lovely people and thank you so much each and every one of you . You all look amazing and Jojo I love the pink dress pal ..

keep on loosing you lovely bunch of loosers 🙂 . and please all stay on the thread as we all need each other here .

Wee xx

Thanks RT very much!

I would only recombined 4:3 to those folks are a very good at 5:2. My strategy in the beginning was to start on monday.

Monday fast. , but if I couldn’t stay in the 600 cals. Then tuesday. I just kept trying until I had the 5:2 in 7 days.
    About the 10 week mark I started to plateau . So I wanted to keep on with fasting. , but I needed to be more disciplined. Monday wednesday and Friday. Would be my fast days because on the weekends. There was too much temptation.

I was able to get back losing weight and some weeks were 2lbs. I kept a journal of my food entries and still do. .

After 8months I had schedule change. Money was very tight too. I was just eating my pantry foods , I fell back into my old menu foods. I went four months without fasting again. Until I simply just became curious. Around the 1 year mark I had lost 33lbs in 8months , but put back on 5 in four months.

After all fat loss attempts I felt the intermittent fasting gave me a longer approach. More satiation along the way. So I joined this forum,and decided my second year would be about 4:3 or ADF, but the my msintenance goal was not fat loss but accomplishing HIT, Commiting myself to jumping rope as my HIT exercise. It took me 7 months to get to the 7 minute mark and started in ith HIIT .

I felt HIT was just as important as waist loss. I can now jump for ten minutes, but don’t try to go much further. I like to jump after meals , because i seem to have more energy, but also as I understand it it help with lowering the amount of fat in the blood which I believe could possibly keep visceral fat from getting worse until I reach my desired body fat ratio.

I realized that combining the benefits of exercise and the benefits of intermittent fasting could be a doable lifestyle for me. Ihad a few more hurdles added to my journey,with diabetes, and some other personal challenges. Definately settle on the exercise and the intermittent Fasting as my lifestyle.

I ad always been reading from the Internet since 1993 a lot of food information. And other statistics about death rates. I find it intresting. To be aware of the top risks of death. Accidental, preventable, and age related. Finding this simple sentence fitting it al in .
    “Avoiding cigarettes, limiting alcohol, reaching a healthy weight, and getting regular exercise are a great start to preventing cancer, but to best support your health, you also need to look at your eating habits.

After looking up the many foods that add benefit to health as opposed foods that do no good or even harm.
    I found that the exercise, intermittent fasting , and improved food choices. Is very doable at the two year mark. While it can all be made complicated I keep trying to keep it simple. So that when I get into conversations with strangers I can get that power message across in as few words as possible.

I get about 2000 calories of exercise a week.
    Like the 5:2 diet . I Semi fast for 3 days a week for 5000 calories of restriction. .
    I also eat the foods on the anticancer diet. Proven cancer prevention and fighting foods.
    So I do lose 2lbs a week sometimes.

Ive lost 69lbs so far and so have many others on the 5:2 forum.
    I’m never hungry for more than one day.

I think I was still undecided in my thinking , until the discussion about. The lifestyle maintenance of intermittent fasting. I mean to say what lay beyond reaching the healthy weight. Thats when I realized I wasnt on a wright loss diet. I am living a healthy lifestyle.
    I skip rope, walk for over 100 miles a week, and lift weights. I also fast 3 days a week But on the feed days I’m eating the health foods. I’m just glad hummus is a health food. And peppers stuffed with pizza toppings.

Good luck everyone!

Hi All,
    CW – impressive 10 lbs in 4 weeks- tell us what you did? We could all try it!

I really wish I could have posted pictures from my international Women’s day dance. Seriously we had to wear ballet skirts( bright colours) over black leggings, with black bob hairstyle wigs. We had this ridiculous routine about down trodden women and their depressing lives who turn into strong women who stand together. The contemporary dance reminded me of an old christmas film with Bing Crosby which took the mickey out of coreographed dance. Just making lots of shapes really, in time with each other. Thank goodness it was quite a small crowd watching. I won’t be posting any pictures that turn up they might be of my bottom ha ha.

It’s a beautiful day so I am preparing a lovely salad late lunch for my ex husband and daughter. Huge jacket potatoes too, who cares? Whoops me( I’ll have half and no bread).
    Steps a bit low today so I will squeeze a walk in after dinner. May even swim tonight.
    Have a great Monday fasting buddies.

Hello all

Another busy week but good from the fasting point of view. I had the usual two fasting days plus managed to stick to around 1200 cals on the in-between days, except for an unexpected treat to dinner out by OH. I had soup, fish and ice-cream, so not too bad, though did succumb to two glasses of wine! Hopefully no damage done, I’m so determined to get shot of these remaining ten pounds. I tried on some old tops tonight which I haven’t worn for years. Quite stretchy and classic style – v-neck and three quarter sleeves, and even if I do say it myself, they look pretty good! They’re in the wash for wearing very soon.

RT – your tv commentators’ quotes were hilarious! I’ve sent a copy to just about everyone I know.

Everyone sounds really positive and there are some great stories on here. Jojo – how lovely that you weren’t recognised! I went for a ‘Well ‘Woman’ check on Friday. Everything absolutely fine and I spent most of the consultation telling the (slightly overweight) nurse about 5:2. She was amazed. and was going to go away and look up the website, so I hope she does.

Ha ha Amazon – in for a penny – that’s exactly what happens to me! Alcohol always makes my brain make me do stupid things. Olives and cheese sound worth it though!

Nicky – you are spot on saying with a great bunch this thread is. Like you, I defected from the ‘other thread’ and was very apprehensive, but the fantastic support, banter and good humour has certainly helped me stick at this WOL, and being in contact with lovely people all over the world is the icing on the (low calorie, of course!), cake.

Hello Bryn and DJ. Bryn, you can definitely lose that two stone by August. Stay with us and let us know your progress. You will get all the support you need here. Good luck!

CW – well done! You are so right about the flexibility of this WOL – being able to enjoy your coffee and croissant without feeling guilty, or not having it and feeling deprived is why it works.

Wee – so glad OH had a good birthday. Brilliant achievement on your huge loss, and for resisting the rice!

Jojo – I would love to see you in your IW Day getup! What a hoot!

Off to have roast chicken, courtesy of OH who always cooks on Sundays – bless!

‘See’. You all soon.

Smiffy x

Hi Fast Trackers
    Nicky Emel comespring and Aussie O in South Australia Nama & Keirra in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA and Hello World (You know Who You) 😆
    Happy fast day Monday friends keep up the great commitment to a new and improved you 😉 Smiffy I am rapt that the double-entendre where well received I loved them I have a little story about a man called Jack Schitt for this week 😆 Nama how nice it is to read that you are pushing OH along for walks that is super stuff down 14kg put that in your back pack and see how you go 😎 and yes EFB day and our company actually process today at time and half overtime so whilst a public holiday in SA I am at work never mind all good.

Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.
    Dalai Lama

Peace RT

I think I know the one about Jack, RT. Very good – do post it!

GO ON jojo58 !!! You CAN DO it.
    I have lost 17lbs in 5 weeks and i’m well chuffed. I find it hard as i had a BIG appetite but i’m now fasting 2 days and eating sensibly the rest of the week.
    I recently became a grandad for the first time 8 weeks ago and she is beautiful. And i thought weighing 23st 5ish lbs being 6ft 2ins that is was about time NOW i’m a grandad that i have to do something about it. I have a picture on my phone of my grand daughter so when i feel hungary or fed up, i just look at it and know why i’m doing it. For her and my health.
    So keep up the good work and we’re all here to support you ok. Take care and best wishes x

Good morning all.

Welcome Pobster. From your expression ‘well chuffed’ I assume your are a Pom, as we charmingly put it in Australia. Congratulations on you granddaughter – the arrival of the next generation changes everything and they are such a joy to have around.

RT, my South Aussie fellow faster, seems you and I are the only ones up early on this public holiday in southern Australia (Vic, Tas, ACT and SA). Rough about having to work but it makes fasting easier. Only time and a half for PH? – or are you calculating the net gain?

Nama, well done fasting on PH but are most days similar when retired?

Mr F still asleep so decided to do some prep for my TAFE class on Thursday after trying to go back to sleep for about 30′. No FD for me but back to the routine tomorrow.

Purple, hope you and Mr P enjoy WOMAD’s last day and safe travelling tomorrow.

Amazon, lovely quote from Orson Welles 😆 Coat-tails nothing! You are one of my inspirations.

Happy Monday everyone and keep up the good work. n xxx

Welcome pobster30,
    Good work on the very quick loss, you will be making us all jealous. Good luck on your journey, sounds like you are going to be here for a while. I know you will feel the benefits of having lost that stone and each one thereafter. I drive my friends crazy with the amount of energy I have these days.
    If you can tone up on the way down it will help you lots.
    Is everyone using a pedometre or Fitbit, get on it guys it will really help.
    Some of us are now using a hula hoop( takes practice) and skipping rope( even more practise) but if you can’t manage these yet try swimming and walking.
    I like to swing a kettle bell but any weight will do, get those muscles doing some work.

Night, night or good morning to you all.

Morning all, well FD didn’t happen after all yesterday … why is it when your OH is away everyone thinks you need company!!! I was happily ensconced in a good book when eldest grandie and his dad came over for a while (grandie ended up staying which meant as I didn’t have anything out for his dinner we ended up buying dinner 😆 still love him to bits – we had his choice of dinner though hence FD gone!)

I’ve been told that someone else is coming over today (other son and granddaughters) so hopefully no-one will be staying for dinner as I really do want to get an extra FD in this week.

Great to see so many new “faces” in here … it’s a great thread with lots going on all the time … so welcome to everyone who’s joined in since last I was in here yesterday morning.

Nicky I finally got a small sleep in (to 7:30am) so happy with that, since then I’ve been out fed the dogs and chooks and let them all out, had cuddles with each of the dogs too while giving them their brekkies and now I’m back inside and doing “my” things for a time 😆 . Glad that your day is going well and is well planned out. Your students are very lucky to have you when you’re getting things prepped this early (still saves time/angst later if things start going pear shaped later in the week 😀 )

Going to run as I want to make sure I get my reading in this morning before others arrive 😀

Cheers to all, AO 😀

Yes spot on Nicky all the process workers get their normal days’ pay and then the time and a half it can either be banked for Christmas or paid out next week. I and my production team on the other hand are salaried staff so a bonus of a box of meat is a very nice thank you who knew 😆

Good Morning to those awake in the Southern Hemisphere,

Internet slow but working so a quick Hi! Husbands theory is that Telstra want us all to upgrade to 4G so they are limiting the bandwidth deliberately, maybe! (Only Telstra available here in Jamieson, they have a captive market).

Yes Nicky, you are right re days all the same once retired, in theory….but funnily enough I am still very aware of weekends etc. Over the years I have worked a rotating roster with different shifts and zillions of weekends, but the weekends and public holidays still feel different, maybe its just the traffic! Or that family have regular hours. If I get to the point that every day is the same it might mean I have disconnected with the rest of the world, no thanks!

Happy fasting everyone, off for a long walk/hillclimb. Have a great Monday x

Well done everyone on your inspiring weight loss, congratulations Amazon! Thank you SAMM for educating me, we have half a brazil nut and walnut every day now. I have discovered fresh ginger this week on our local market, just enjoying a yummy hot ginger drink to start my fast day.

I lost another 3lbs this week! That is 3lbs off every week for the last 4 weeks. Well happy with that.

I bought a pack of nuts at the beginning of the festival and have been rationing them with Mr P all weekend. Saw Buffy Sainte-Marie in conversation yesterday (*front row)and about to see her perform. Well done Adelaide. Your WOMAD is tops! And plenty of healthy food options!!! P

I hope there is plenty of healthy wine available P 😉

Morning/evening all.
    Blue sky and sunshine. I’m up early to do grocery shopping (yuck) before I go to the gym.
    Can’t decide whether to fast today or tomorrow, so will see how I feel at lunchtime. Have a good day/evening everyone.

Just had the most spiritual experience with Buffy performing. Most of us were crying through Universal Soldier. Why can’t the world put down their guns? Chillin’ under the trees.
    Walked through Adelaide Botanic Gardens this morning and photographed their lovely Amazon Lily pond for you Amazon 😉 Live well everyone. P x

Hi Fast Trackers
    Nicky Emel comespring and Aussie O in South Australia Nama & Keirra in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA and Hello World (You know Who You) 😆
    Green tea and black coffee and lots of water today does everyone buy their water bottled or a 10 litre cask? Or rainwater tanks I have rain water tanks?
    Under the 19/5 window I had a snack of 1 hard-boiled egg and a slice of ham at 2 o’clock at around 100cal and then a Mexican pizza at 6pm from the 5-2 book about 400cal and in at 500cal for the day look good feel good 😉
    Peace RT

Hi RT,

I buy carbonatd mineral water but I use filtered tap water for all cooking, putting in the kettle, coffee pot etc., and it is what I take to the gym to drink. I only buy bottled still water in countries where tap water isn’t safe.

Good Morning Fast Trackers,

I use tap water most of the time RT, splash out on Fizzy if out for a drink or have guests for a meal. Often have lime cordial with soda water if I am feeling the need for zing. Occasionally have a gin and tonic or a glass of red wine, possibly one per month these days.

I also like hot water with chunks of lemon added, my mums favourite start to the day and she lived to 90 physically in great health, she also ate a lot of fruit and walked daily.

Smiffy’s, for your eyes only I will see if I can get a picture from Sunday’s dance, bizarre day but good exercise.

Still playing around finding accommodation in France, wondering whether La Rochelle is right? Maybe we should be further in land. Nantes is on the border of Loire Region if my map is correct. Depends what areas we want to explore. Not sure how good trains are either, can’t be worse than UK, I hope? Are we going to hire a car?

Lots to do today including getting a new dentist(NHS) simply can’t afford private anymore.

Sun is shining and dogs are waiting so off to do 5000 steps to start the day, 15,000 steps planned today in three bouts. My dance class takes care of 5,000 and the cross trainer the last lot as I am missing badminton tonight to rest my shoulder.

The thread will be 1 year old on 26 th April I plan to lose 12 lbs minimum by then. So I am really going to have to be strict. It will also be marked by my first official local coastal walk led by me. 20 friends are joining me. We have a local Travelodge if anyone fancies joining us, we start at an ice cream shop though(sorry) but they sell tea too.

RT,

I’m on a private water supply, rainwater fed. UV treated and filtered, but no chemicals, so pretty much everyone else’s tap water tastes foul now.

Luckily we don’t tend to get too many droughts, so the supply doesn’t dry up… Although we do get pipe blockages from time to time, which mostly turn out to be frogs and worms stuck in the pump 🙁

Fatal for them I’m afraid, and makes me look at our tap water in a whole new light 🙂

Hi RT
    Drink only tap water. Straight from the tap. Gallons of it, but filter it to make sourdough and kombucha. Used to drink tank water Happy. The dead frogs have a foul taste, don’t they!

Jojo, I joined the forum on April 24. This one will be 2 years from starting 5:2. Time flies when you are healthy 😉 Go team. P

Hi P,

Luckily the filter seems pretty effective at cleansing the water. And the effect of a frog blocking the pump is pretty immediate, so they get removed (intact, if slightly mangled) before they decompose…

So I’ll just have to take your word on what dead frogs taste like… 🙂

It is a well known distinct odour. They go in after the mozzie wrigglers. In the past, people would have kerosene on the surface of their tank..it floats but stops the mozzies laying! P

But can it outcompete the odour of sheep muck and slurry…?!

Hi Happy and Purple

You guys make me laugh. 😆 must go to sleep.

Cheers, Bay 😉

Me too…4am start tomorrow 🙁
    Night all. P

This conversation is putting me off drinking water at all – gross

Where did the day go? How did it get to be 3.30 already………………

Hi All,
    Just back from a very cold dog walk, brrrhhh.
    Well I did 40 minutes on the treadmill today, this is 5000 steps at level six, reasonable fast walking pace. Then I did ballroom fitness followed by yoga. Today we used resistance bands which make some exercises easier and others much more difficult.

I am chilling out this evening doing some pen and ink drawings as birthday gifts for friends. They are cat mad so I am drawing silhouettes. See Facebook. I got this idea when I was in York with Smiffy last year we saw a wall in a shop decorated with a cat in a tree. I took a photograph at the time knowing it would come in handy in the future.
    Smithy- do you remember that quaint little shop, I think you bought a book for a relative.
    Just eaten salad, half a jacket potato and 2 eggs today, plus lots of tea.

Hope you all had a good fasting day

I fasted yesterday, and decided to have a normal day today as it will be easier to fast tomorrow after Pilates than after using the gym equipment and swimming. I’ve been really hungry on gym days and having to have two meals if it is a FD which I don’t like to do because once I start eating I don’t want to stop.
    I’ve just had a jacket potato, and it is the first one I’ve had for months. I filled it with a little cheese and chorizo and had some asparagus and spinach with it.
    I am now absolutely stuffed 😉

Hello Warriors,
    I am starting to fast today! I am confused about the timing when to start and finish.
    My last meal was last night at 7pm.
    Today at 8am my breakfast (200cal) and dinner around 6pm (300cal)
    Is this timing all right?
    I see you guys are ahead of the game BTW congratulations to you all.

Thanks team i am looking into one of the water purifying systems our rain water is good quality however the rest of the house moan about taste flavour and a smell which i dont find EVER 😉 i will start by a buying a bench top terracotta 5lt one from bunnings to try out have a happy day
    keep on keeping on you losers
    Peace RT

Gosh this is a busy little thread – so much to catch up on. Sorry if I miss anything out, scrolling up and down on my phone.

Healthcoachb – I’m new to this too, I thought it was about overall calorie intake as well as the benefits of fasting, what you’ve suggested sounds fine to me, but think many adapt the eating times to whatever works best for them. You get a feel for it after a few weeks.

Amazon – amazing results and your dinner sounds yum. I’ve fasted all day and looking forward to a stuffed pepper which is often my fall back on a FD for only 158 calories. I know you’re right about low calorie fizzy drinks and aspartame. I wish I could break that habit.

Jojo – loving the varied and fun exercise. I’ve taken up hula hooping and skipping in addition to normal yoga class, but covered in bruises from the hoop at the min. I’m assured it will get easier. Thinking about wearing a padded jacket to cushion for a while

All – I think I’ll pass on the dead frog – too many calories. I’ll stick with bottled water although our tap water is ok too

Pobster – congratulations!!!!!

Samm & Weeman- amazing results – that’s why I wanted to join this forum – so inspirational and proof it works.

Love to everyone else and congratulations to anyone I’ve missed.

CW

Viewing 50 posts - 7,801 through 7,850 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.