Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 9 months, 4 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 7,751 through 7,800 (of 16,657 total)

• Just popping in to have a catch up on this thread. Always so much going on…I love it!

Scale is finally starting to inch down again after a long time of being stubborn. Not so worried about the number now as fitness is my ultimate goal. So inspiring to read of everyone’s activity here!

I’m still doing boot camp 3 days a week and have now incorporated running on my treadmill a few days a week. I long for the mornings when I can get outside and do my little run. I do run/walk intervals and really do enjoy them. This winter is dragging on and wearing us all down a bit. Also can’t wait to get back out on the golf course! So many fun things heading my way!

All the best!

Good to hear from some familiar names, welcome back.

I did my last Nordic Walk of my 8 week course in lovely sunshine on the beach. It was glorious. I was hoping to continue but it cost Β£45.00 four four hours, simply cannot justify that cost. I will make my own arrangements in future with other walkers and research the subject myself.

I have been asked by some friends to plan a walking holiday in Wales in September, sounds fun so I am up for it.

Looking forward to my fast tomorrow, busy day planned. I am attempting an advanced dance workout class tomorrow, hope I can keep up with the routines.

I bought a second hand dress on EBay this week, it it georgeous so I am going to wear it to a party on Saturday night. I will put a picture on Facebook.

Boring evening planned tonight, ironing and TV but at least I have Robert Redford DVD to watch.

Cooking some chicken broth, smells Devine but I can’t have any as I am at my maximum calories today.

Keep fasting and keep walking friends

Evening all,
    I’ve had a nice relaxing day.

I went shopping as I’m tired of my PJs falling down and came home with size 12………. πŸ˜›
    I also bought a pair of the palest pink leather pumps and am looking forward to the warmer weather so I can wear them.
    I spent hours wandering round stores and the market, something I don’t do very often, and it is surprising how far one can walk when shopping. I was unmoved by cakes and pastries etc, which I guess is partly due to having that cream slice yesterday, but also a sign that I’m feeling strong and motivated. I’ve just read the revised Fast Diet book which has strengthened my resolve.

It turned out to be a very healthy non fast day, some seaweed peanuts, yum and delicious sushi and sashimi for dinner followed by fruit. I am feeling very virtuous Smiley

Morning fellow fasters πŸ™‚ hoping you’re all fit and well today as am I πŸ˜€

Miniscule loss on the scales this week also the tape measure but a loss is a loss is a loss πŸ˜€

Another busy day at work today, thankfully not a long one but I suspect it will go a little longer than planned as I normally finish at midday on a Friday (work an extra hour Mon – Thu so I can leave early) but have a meeting scheduled for 11am and I feel it will go past one hour as there is so much to discuss/organise during the meeting. Nevermind it just means I will need to either leave earlier one day next week (unlikely) or start building up hours for some TOIL (time off in lieu).

Good to hear from you again Lori and I hope that winter gives way very soon to spring. At the same time I hope we have a long, long Indian Summer and that winter stays away πŸ˜€

Hi to Wee, Smiffy, Jojo, Nama, Wiwi, Barata, RT, SAMM, Ply, Amazon, NickyF, Hermaj, Bay, Emel, PVE, Happy, WN and everyone else (as RT says “you know who you are” πŸ˜€ )

Hi Fast Trackers
    Nicky Emel comespring and Aussie O in South Australia Nama & Keirra in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA And Hello World (You know Who You Are) πŸ˜†
    I had good Thursday Fast day the 19/5 is a good building block for intermittent fasting IMO to break the fast I had a lovely bowl of fried onion and grated hardboiled egg Amazon it is truly delish however there is one downside to the gourmet plate and that is the intense Methane wow it is a killer 😳 ok I did seek out Jojos opinion for these but it must have slipped through so I apologise in advance for any one offended if you think that is you then please look away now πŸ˜‰
    but I found these hell funny πŸ˜†

1. Pat Glenn, weightlifting commentator – “And this is Gregoriava from
    Bulgaria. I saw her snatch this morning and it was amazing!”

2. New Zealand Rugby Commentator – “Andrew Mehrtens loves it when Daryl
    Gibson comes inside of him.”

3. Ted Walsh – Horse Racing Commentator – “This is really a lovely
    horse. I once rode her mother.”

4. Harry Carpenter at the Oxford-Cambridge boat race 1977 – “Ah, isn’t
    that nice. The wife of the Cambridge President is kissing the Cox of the
    Oxford crew.”

5. US PGA Commentator – “One of the reasons Arnie (Arnold Palmer) is
    playing so well is that, before each tee shot, his wife takes out his
    balls and kisses them …..

Oh my god!! What have I just said??”

6. Carenza Lewis about finding food in the Middle Ages on ‘Time Team
    Live’ said: “You’d eat beaver if you could get it.”

7. A female news anchor who, the day after it was supposed to have
    snowed and didn’t, turned to the weatherman and asked, “So Bob, where’s
    that eight inches you promised me last night?” Not only did HE have to
    leave the set, but half the crew did too, because they were laughing so
    hard!

8. Steve Ryder covering the US Masters: “Ballesteros felt much better
    today after a 69 yesterday.”

9. Clair Frisby talking about a jumbo hot dog on Look North said:
    “There’s nothing like a big hot sausage inside you on a cold night like
    this.”

10 Mike Hallett discussing missed snooker shots on Sky Sports: “Stephen
    Hendry jumps on Steve Davis’s misses every chance he gets.”

11. Michael Buerk on watching Phillipa Forrester cuddle up to a male
    astronomer for warmth during BBC1’s UK eclipse coverage remarked: “They
    seem cold out there, they’re rubbing each other and he’s only come in
    his shorts.”

12. Ken Brown commentating on golfer Nick Faldo and his caddie Fanny
    Sunneson lining-up shots at the Scottish Open: “Some weeks Nick likes to
    use Fanny, other weeks he prefers to do it by himself.”

β€œYou don’t stop laughing when you grow old, you grow old when you stop laughing.”

― George Bernard Shaw

Have a Great Weekend All You Beautiful Losers Peace RT

RT, I’ve got one thing to say about your post

Smiley

Thanks RT- definitely even if laughing doesn’t keep us young, going out laughing is the way!

I wish I could reproduce Amazon’s Emoticon.

AO – Your loss which is a loss is also a gain. Congrats
    I am not finely enough tuned to my grams or centimetres as I should be at present as the migration back to Europe is looming.

xx Wiwi

Amazon,

Congratulations on the size 12s. Good to think you won’t be randomly mooning in your PJs anymore…at least not for a while πŸ™‚

Wee,

I loved the story about your Dad still having a sense of humour. Those moments make precious memories.

Jojo,

I’ve been thinking about your question – will you tell people you’ve lost 8st? My first thought was of course, be proud! But then I realized it would depend, wouldn’t it? So you might want to tell people who knew you when you were large, or people who are themselves large. But you won’t be defined by your weight when you are 10st, so why would you tell strangers or new friends? The old you won’t exist anymore, so why would you introduce her to people?

RT I have joined Amazon on the floor! Well done on the size 12!

Bay, I overheard a couple of chaps on the train yesterday talking about golf, extolling the wonderful greens at the Kapiti course. Naturally I thought of you. You wouldn’t be there now – your gentle wind is gale force, and the welcome rain is sideways.

Barata, We played a very enjoyable round of golf at Taupo this morning, and the rains came as we drove North to Hamilton.

Hi RT, OH and I laughed our heads off. πŸ˜‰

Go, Amazon, what a great loss! Size 12 PJs. Woohoo! πŸ™„

Bay, would love to catch up with you next Saturday, when you are back in town. Wiwi and I had a most enjoyable meeting – like minds in many ways. And so nice to put a face to a name. Enjoy your travels. How far north are you going?

Hi again!

Things that helped me with making fasting a lifestyle.

Belief that I can become normal weight.
    Foods in the pantry or freezer that are 250 calories.
    Planning meals week by week.
    Planned exercise week by week.
    Exercising more than once per day.
    Playing outside with kids and teaching them how to jumprope.
    Planned treat. Once a month within TDEE . Something to look forward too.
    Planned breaks , ten weeks on 4:3 then two weeks on strength training or therapy movements.
    After Planned breaks making ten week menus for winter, spring, summer, fall. BECAUSE I still love good food. And enjoy fussing over the best the seasons have to offer.
    Realizing that after a fast day some foods are Pure Bliss. I can still relish in the good foods 13 times per week!
    It’s a choice to eat junk. Learn to know what is junk.
    Some Foods can help heal , while other foods can Inflame!
    Nuts are almost as beneficial as walking 6000 steps per day, but too many and we’ll need to take those 6000 steps extra.
    Some foods actually help with the DNA replication on the cellular level. And are great as snacks!
    Fasting helps create the environment of the natural DNA repair mode. After all food energy has been metabolized.
    I can always eat red beans and or blue berries. And never feel guilty.
    I get to wake up everyday and eat a sweet prune!
    I get wake up on feed days and I take a yucky calcium chew with vitamin D and K , but I get to chase it with a single dark chocolate covered coffee bean. Nutraceutical flavorgasm do exist!
    Fruit is very healthy especially if eaten as a single portion hours apart from other foods.
    I know now that I have no bodily requirement for sugar.
    If I’m not hungry I can save the calories for later and enjoy a bigger portion later.
    The biggest portions are best to be had early in the day.
    The grin I get when someone calls me a fat ass. Only I control my feelings. other people only have the control I give them. The control I give myself is that I no longer hope on becoming healthy. I have decided I will only be healthy in what I eat and how often I exercise.
    I can double. My exercise , but I can’t double it’s benefit . So I reach the benefit stage as soon as I can , sometimes before i even get out bed! I learned about that the hard way. I never want to be so sedentary that In stuck in a bed again!
    To be thankful for the time others take when giving advice! Thankful for Dr M!

I had a very tough fast day yesterday. I woke up with a headache and felt rough all day, I had no energy at all. For the 1st time in over 8 weeks I nearly caved in, but my willpower won the day. I probably had more like 500 calories rather than my usual 350 but that’s ok, I will allow myself that.

I am thinking of cutting my fast days down from 3 to 2 from next week. Maybe I am losing weight too quickly. I am 59 and my skin is starting to look like it is struggling to keep up. Any tips?

Hey Sth Aussies
    A quick hello from Adelaide. Mr P and I are enjoying a sojourn in your lovely capital.
    Never met so many helpful folk in my life πŸ˜‰
    Pity the seafood at Glenelg was SO inviting!
    Off to the World Music Festival…. P πŸ™‚

Hi fellow IF practitioners.

Jojo, your comment about hunger being like a slight headache which doesn’t interfere with one’s life really resonated with me. Ignoring it gets easier with practice.

Another good non-eating until at home week, except for Wed before weights, as mentioned earlier. Net loss 0.8kg, 1.76 lb. Mentioned previously went to yoga on Monday for the first time since I injured my ribs with minimal ill-effect so then went to weights on Wednesday. My darling trainer (who knows what I’m doing) said that I was looking very trim.

Had a GP appointment this morning to renew my bp meds. He commented that I had lost weight, took my bp and asked if I had occasionally felt faint because it was well under what he expected. He also commented that it had been 7-1/2 months since I had seen him (doesn’t miss much) and asked if my script had already run out. Time for confession and I admitted that I had been taking half doses for about 4 months, with bp monitored very closely, ready to resume full dose if things went awry and was now wondering about 1/4 dose or 2.5mg. He said that would only be a ‘homeopathic level’ and suggested that I try a month without any medication since the benchmark for un-medicated over 65s is up to 140mmHg systolic – WOOOO HOOOOO πŸ˜†

Lovely long weekend here with minimal commitments. Adelaide Arts Festival, including Fringe and WOMAdelaide on in town but far too many people and too noisy for us antisocial types. EDIT: Hi Purple, our posts crossed. Hope you and Mr P have a fantastic time. Just read that the Buena Vista Social Club band of old guys is performing as part of their farewell world tour – would have liked to see them. Weather predicted to be fine and mild-warm. Perfect for whatever anyone wants to do. For me gardening and reading, with a bit of marking for my TAFE class to keep me honest. πŸ˜‰

Keep up the good work everyone. n xx

Jumping up and down in sunny Arabia… There was a 5 at the start of my weigh-in this morning….!

Yay! (OK 59.8 but still!)

Coupled with the giggles inspired by RT’s commentator bloopers, I am having a great morning!

Hope everyone else is having a fantastic day!

Weebil

Nicky – you get to stop meds?

Congrats!

Nicky,

That’s fantastic news on the BP meds, although it sounds like you might have stopped at some point soon with or without your doctor’s approval πŸ™‚

Weebil, congrats on getting under 60kg. I did last June, and it’s been my upper maintenance threshold since then. Seemed like a nice round number… πŸ™‚

Wow, I ‘ve woken up to lots of interesting posts!

Morning/evening all.

Weebil, well done πŸ™‚

Apple Pie, well done for sticking with your FD, but maybe you shouldn’t have started it with a headache.
    As for skin, it tightens up but seems to lag behind the weight loss. Having said that, it will never be as firm as it once was and it probably won’t disappear completely, but IMO it is a much better look than being obese, and certainly much healthier.
    Do you exercise, because that will help tone everything up.

Nicky, well done on getting your BP down to normal range. I have been on meds for 10 years and my BP was still creeping up despite the amount being increased. It went down a good amount when I lost the first 3 stone in 2013 and has stayed down. I’ve been having a few problems over the last few weeks feeling dizzy/faint occasionally and I’m wondering/hoping that my BP has gone down further and the meds can be reduced.

Lucky Purple πŸ˜›

Nicky and Weebil, that’s great news. πŸ˜†

Barata, would love to catch up, but not sure of time we get back. Do you have my email? We could discuss privately. We are going to see friends in Auckland. Then around East Cape.

Cheers, Bay πŸ™‚

Hi Nicky,
    It was high blood pressure that started my diet journey 5 years ago but I didn’t last long on meds, sapped my energy levels and found this interfered with my work and social life. So I switched to a vegetarian diet and increased yoga. Hey presto 4 months later both cholesterol and bp under 140. – now 120-130 and lower in 70’s( can’t remember which is which, systolic to number? But I know 120/76 ok for 59 years of age. I should add that I got this under control without losing much weight so it is possible but obviously preferable to lose weight too.

Amazon – size 12 pj’s- excellent.

Weebil- well done, one day I will join you I hope. Skin may shrink some but toning is the best way to go, get the muscles to do some work. I am waiting to see if I will get some work done at the end of my journey- possibly tummy tuck. Bingo wings can be covered most of the time. Definitely not ruling out surgery but would like to avoid anything facial.

HappyNow- I agree I do not want to be defined by who i was and I think that I will not tell anyone about my journey after I get to goal. It is likely that I will be making a new start in a new area so clean slate. Happy Days.

Applepie – stick to minimum 500 and drink more water, hopefully it will help. I rarely go below 500 on fast days, tried 400 but very hard. Can you cut calorie count a little on feed days to compensate?

My challenge today is 20,000 steps as I am going to be inactive tomorrow as at choir rehearsal all day.

Happy fasting today my friends, be strong.

Jojo – thanks for the advice. I think I was too impatient, plus the fact that I am only 5’2″ doesn’t help. But I will go a lot easier on myself next week. I would love to see your new dress. My facebook name is in my profile πŸ™‚

Amazon – I totally agree that a few wrinkly bits are a much better look than being obese.

Have a great day everyone!

PVE glad to hear you’re having a great time πŸ™‚ saw your post while on the phone so couldn’t respond (as I was out at the time) … how long are you in town for?

Had two phone calls this evening, one from each of my grandsons asking to come over for a sleep over (couldn’t say no) and so they’ll be coming with me to get new tyres on OH’s car while he takes mine to Clare where he’ll be spending the weekend (staying at my sister’s home while he’s preparing and painting one of her friends home). No he’s not one of the dodgy painters (oops nearly said panters πŸ˜† ) he is very meticulous in his work … and very particular in his preparation too as he says it’s the foundation for the finish πŸ˜€

Have to go play with the grandies (almost 13 and 11 years old … both almost)

Well done Nicky. I too dropped my bp down to no drugs, but after a couple of months it rose again, slightly. I now take 2.5 (1/2 tablets) and it seems to work. The problem with bp, even if monitoring daily (and I did) it can quickly cause problems, eg strokes.

The Buena Vista Social Club were fabulous. Rufus Wainwright was good in bits. I’ve just spent ages trying to get food colouring out of my clothes and hair from the fabulous “colour” session! πŸ™‚
    Here all weekend AO. P

I saw the Buena Vista gang at the club in Havana last December and they were truly amazing. It was one of the highlights of my trip to Cuba πŸ˜›

Morning fellow fasters, bit of a late night last night so a little later waking this morning πŸ™‚

Have both the grandsons here for today (they slept over last night) so can’t spend much time here. Will try to catch up throughout the day and will post as and when I can πŸ˜€

Hi Fast Trackers
    Nicky Emel comespring and Aussie O in South Australia Nama & Keirra in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA and Hello World (You know Who You) πŸ˜†
    Purple I do hope you and Mr P have a chillaxing time in the city of churches a big country town is how my family always describe it. Adelaide cup long weekend here for us South Aussies and Autumn weather it is I have had to find my track suit pants and beanie together with the hooded jacket as its quite crisp outside at half three πŸ˜‰ Alight shower of rain about this morning the lawns have already began to green up AO enjoy the grandsons and spoil them that is our role now of course 😎 I have found my first week so different with only 2 fast days not 4 and 3 but this way of life has been so positive as always 105000 steps in the week the daily 19/5 and I had 5 1100cal days 2 600cal days things are good I put on half a kilo and I really am quite a contended soul it must be said. Keep on keeping on fast friends.
    In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.
    Abraham Lincoln

Peace RT

RT, really? 5 1100 calorie days and 2 600 calorie days? That doesn’t seem enough for maintenance. Unless you’re very ickle… πŸ™‚

Hello all, I am in bed catching up on rest after a very full week of Exercise, appointments,meetings, taxiing son hither and thither as well as going to some writers week presentations, a local play etc etc….Visa to china has been sent off ( going on a study.tour in the school holidays prior to returning to work! ) and I am beginning to get excited – 5 weeks tomorrow. I am down 1.1 kilos but have yet to get back to post op weight so 600 grams to go. And then I can feel I am on track. Exercise has changed my shape so feeling a lot better in my clothes. I am yet to really get myself organised with my fast days in terms of planning so shall work on that this week. It would be as far as I am concerned easier if I was working but I think this is a lesson I need to learn!
    I love all the posts – I log on everyday but this is one arena in my life where I am quiet! Emel

http://www.helpguide.org/articles/diet-weight-loss/anti-cancer-diet.htm

I can relate Emel.
    I now have more muscle mass than I had in my twenties Albiet under alot of subcantaneous fat.
    sometimesi just feel beastly.
    stopped in at the health food store though πŸ™‚
    Bought raw ginger, garl tumeric, carrots, skipjack tuna.

I haven’t posted this link in quite sometime, but it is on my opinion a great list of foods to eat wether dieting or not. I keep all the foods on my checkbox list. I can’t sleep today. So 600 cals of chickpeas and red bean hummus with sweet peppers will help me skip rope and sleep later.

11:30 and almost time for bed . It has been a long week with OH having tests done on his eyes and another ultrasound to see how his aneurysms are growing .
    He is to have the 2 eyes done and the aneurysms haven’t got any bigger . We seem to get tired more nowadays with brain stress then hard work lol .

Tomorrow is his birthday he will be 76 he is my best friend and my soul mate and one of the loveliest men you could meet . The family were all in tonight and we had such a brilliant visit . So many old stories to tell and so much laughing πŸ™‚ ..

Our daughter in law brought me a surprise gift . it is a gorgeous picture she took of me with my dad on Christmas day . she has had it enlarged and framed and it is such a thoughtful thing to do …I love it .

Our 2 granddaughters aged almost 21 and 26 could not believe the weight I have lost ,they kept saying I looked like a different person and only half the size I used to be . They kept saying it looked even smaller now lol .

What a lovely night and I am feeling really blessed and emotional ..

Night all and lots of hugs

Wee xx

Hello All,
    I beat my steps target, 21,987 today. I did lots of dancing and walking, it was a great day. It did not turn out to be a fast day because I had lots of homemade soup because I had no room in the freezer for it( that’s my excuse). I had salmon salad for tea which was lush.

Spent a great evening listening and dancing to live band playing 60’s and 70’s music.
    We also enjoyed singing along.

Weigh in tomorrow, not feeling very confident that I will have lost weight this week but I don’t think I have gained either.

Singing all day tomorrow and dancing all day Sunday so it will be a great weekend. Performing a dance for the public at a local gallery, should be fun.

Stick with it Fasters and read the article SAMM posted, very interesting.

Hi all,

Having a lovely long weekend at Jamieson, tho a bit frustrated as internet not coping … Assuming it’s the big influx of weekend visitors to our little town. The caravan park near us is packed so they must all be on Facebook on their phones! Very slow and dropping out a lot, so excuse me for a few days, too frustrating.

We are off to the Merrijig Rodeo this evening. Really looking forward to it. Unfortunately my camera battery is flat and I didn’t bring the charger, so no photos to post! Not having a technically successful weekend, maybe a sign to just relax and enjoy.

Very sad to see my neighbours dear horse “Flicka” being winched onto a trailer yesterday, obviously dead. A big shock as he has been cantering around his paddock for the 11 years we have been coming here. I often shared an apple with him, he would whinny across to me to ask for one if I was gardening. His owners will be devastated as he was like a pet dog to him, they doted on him.

No scales here, but so far I have had several very long walks, a full day in the garden yesterday whilst fasting and will fast again Monday. Entertaining with a roast tomorrow night, so hopefully will at least stay the same by Tuesday. Can’t wait for a swim next week, finger looking great. Never thought I would miss exercise, but I guess it’s because I don’t think of it as a chore.

Lovely to read all your posts and success stories, Cheers for now!

Thanks JoJo , I try not to put too much emphasis on health foods on the thread, but but but ….

Here’s how it starts and goes into easy to read of perhaps 2-5 of reading nd can get a good idea of why those foods are considered so healthy!

The link between cancer and diet

Not all health problems are avoidable, but you have more control over your health than you may think. Research shows that a large percentage of cancer-related deaths are directly linked to lifestyle choices such as smoking, drinking, a lack of exercise, and an unhealthy diet. Avoiding cigarettes, limiting alcohol, reaching a healthy weight, and getting regular exercise are a great start to preventing cancer. But to best support your health, you also need to look at your eating habits.

What you eatβ€”and don’t eatβ€”has a powerful effect on your health, including your risk of cancer. Without knowing it, you may be eating many foods that fuel cancer, while neglecting the powerful foods and nutrients that can protect you. For example, a daily serving of red or processed meat increases your risk of colorectal cancer by 21 percent, whereas eating whole soy foods such as tofu or edamame can help reduce your risk of breast cancer. Every 35 grams of dairy protein you consume each day can increase your risk of prostate cancer by 32 percent, while eating more fruits and vegetables can lower your risk for a variety of common cancers. By making small changes to your diet and behaviors, you can lower your risk of disease and possibly even stop cancer in its tracks.

Going to bed , the red hummus with walnuts and red peppers was great for the movie my daughter and I watched. We were on the exercise balls. Whacking at each other with swim noodles. One of the great joys of parenting . Playing with the kids.
    Nama I also enjoy My workouts . They used to seem like chores, when I first started them . But as my muscle groups have been strengthened. It’s more of challenge than chore. I used to spare, so the fighter approach to exercise always seems enjoyable to me than the other approaches. But that’s the point if it’s not your. Thing you won’t stick to it as a lifestyle, just like fad diets. If you wouldn’t stick to it then it’s effects are temporary . That’s been my goal all along. Getting used to amount of foods I’ll intake when I reach goal. I just hit the two year mark as midnight passed. Final weigh on home scale 69lbs in two years. πŸ™‚

After feeling a bit down on Thursday yesterday was fabulous. A hot sunny day which we made the most of by going to watch a new local band at a beach bar. We danced ourselves dizzy for 2 hours, a great workout. This is the life!

Photos on Facebook if anyone is interested.

Morning/evening all.

It is a lovely sunny morning, and I’ve lost another 1lb πŸ˜›

No fasting today, but I’m going to try to keep the calorie count low, and not eat until lunchtime. I was very tired and a bit under the weather last night, but am feeling good after a nights sleep.

Good to read everyones news. Hi Emel, glad everything is going well for you.
    Enjoy the weekend everyone.

Good morning All,
    Just a quick comment before I head of for a day of singing. No loss today, maybe tomorrow, taking salad and apples with me for lunch. Hope it isn’t as cold in the rehearsal room as last time, very depressing.

Last night I saw some friends I haven’t seen since pre weight loss, they did not recognise me. When I said hello they did a double take and were then very effusive as to the improvement. Makes you feel good to be alive.

Happy, happy, happy.

Keep walking friends, try some weight lifting? Even if only a can of soup in each hand.

http://www.globalhealingcenter.com/natural-health/liver-cleanse-foods/

14 Foods That Cleanse the Liver
    Published on January 31, 2013, Last Updated on February 27, 2015

Modern society is a sad state that produces many over-processed livers. When we overeat or eat processed or fried foods, and, anytime we are exposed to environmental pollutants or stress, the liver becomes overworked and overloaded. When the liver is taxed, it can’t process toxins and fat in an efficient way. There are many foods that can help cleanse the liver naturally by stimulating its natural ability to clean toxic waste from the body.

14 Foods that Cleanse the Liver
    Video Length: 5 minutes
    In the past, I have discussed my favorite cleansing foods. This list is a little more specific and focuses mainly on foods that can help cleanse your liver. In addition to taking a liver-cleansing supplement, and performing at least two liver and gallbladder cleanses per year, eating the following foods is the best way to keep your liver healthy and functioning the way you need it to. I would encourage you to incorporate these liver cleanse foods into your weekly diet.

1. Garlic
    Just a small amount of this pungent white bulb has the ability to activate liver enzymes that help your body flush out toxins. Garlic also holds high amounts of allicin and selenium, two natural compounds that aid in liver cleansing.

2. Grapefruit
    High in both vitamin C and antioxidants, grapefruit increases the natural cleansing processes of the liver. A small glass of freshly-squeezed grapefruit juice will help boost production of the liver detoxification enzymes that help flush out carcinogens and other toxins.

3. Beets and Carrots
    Both are extremely high in plant-flavonoids and beta-carotene; eating beets and carrots can help stimulate and improve overall liver function.

4. Green Tea
    This liver-loving beverage is full of plant antioxidants known as catechins, a compound known to assist liver function. Green tea is not only delicious, it’s also a great way to improve your overall diet. Learn more about the benefits of green tea.

5. Leafy Green Vegetables
    One of our most powerful allies in cleansing the liver, leafy greens can be eaten raw, cooked, or juiced. Extremely high in plant chlorophylls, greens suck up environmental toxins from the blood stream. With their distinct ability to neutralize heavy metals, chemicals and pesticides, these cleansing foods offer a powerful protective mechanism for the liver.

Try incorporating leafy greens such as bitter gourd, arugula, dandelion greens, spinach, mustard greens, and chicory into your diet. This will help increase the creation and flow of bile, the substance that removes waste from the organs and blood.

6. Avocados
    This nutrient-dense super-food helps the body produce glutathione, a compound that is necessary for the liver to cleanse harmful toxins.

7. Apples
    High in pectin, apples hold the chemical constituents necessary for the body to cleanse and release toxins from the digestive tract. This, in turn, makes it easier for the liver to handle the toxic load during the cleansing process.

8. Olive Oil
    Cold-pressed organic oils such as olive, hemp and flax-seed are great for the liver, when used in moderation. They help the body by providing a lipid base that can suck up harmful toxins in the body. In this way, it takes some of the burden off the liver in terms of the toxic overload many of us suffer from.

9. Alternative Grains
    It’s not only that you need alternative grains like quinoa, millet, and buckwheat in your diet, it’s that if you’ve got wheat, flour, or other whole grains in your diet, it’s time to make changes. Your liver is your body’s filter for toxins, and grains that contain gluten are full of them. A study last year found that persons who experienced gluten sensitivities also had abnormal liver enzyme test results, and that’s just one of many.

10. Cruciferous Vegetables
    Eating broccoli and cauliflower will increase the amount of glucosinolate in your system, adding to enzyme production in the liver. These natural enzymes help flush out carcinogens, and other toxins, out of our body which may significantly lower risks associated with cancer.

11. Lemons & Limes
    These citrus fruits contain very high amounts of vitamin C, which aids the body in synthesizing toxic materials into substances that can be absorbed by water. Drinking freshly-squeezed lemon or lime juice in the morning helps stimulate the liver.

12. Walnuts
    Holding high amounts of the amino acid arginine, walnuts aid the liver in detoxifying ammonia. Walnuts are also high in glutathione and omega-3 fatty acids, which support normal liver cleansing actions. Make sure you chew the nuts well (until they are liquefied) before swallowing.

13. Cabbage
    Much like broccoli and cauliflower, eating cabbage helps stimulate the activation of two crucial liver detoxifying enzymes that help flush out toxins. Try eating more kimchi, coleslaw, cabbage soup and sauerkraut.

14. Turmeric
    The liver’s favorite spice. Try adding some of this detoxifying goodness into your next lentil stew or veggie dish for an instant liver pick-me-up. Turmeric helps boost liver detox, by assisting enzymes that actively flush out dietary carcinogens.

Tips For Doing a Liver Cleanse
    Other liver cleanse foods not listed above include artichoke, asparagus, kale, and brussel sprouts. Eating the foods listed above is a great way to help keep your liver functioning properly. However, for best results, I recommend performing a liver cleanse. Performing a liver cleanse at least twice a year will eliminate any foreign substances that may be trapped in your liver.

– Dr. Edward F. Group III, DC, ND, DACBN, DCBCN, DABFM

Related Posts

The Top 9 Herbs for Liver Cleansing
    The Liver and Liverstones
    Health Benefits of Chicory Root
    What are the Health Benefits of Dandelion Root?

Dr. Group has studied natural healing methods for over 20 years and now teaches individuals and practitioners all around the world. He no longer sees patients but solely concentrates on spreading the word of health and wellness to the global community. Under his leadership, Global Healing Center, Inc. has earned recognition as one of the largest alternative, natural and organic health resources on the Internet.

DISCLAIMER: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

All testimonials and product reviews are authentic from actual customers. Documentation is available for legal inspection. Product reviews are within range of typicality.

Information and statements made are for education purposes and are not intended to replace the advice of your treating doctor. Global Healing Center does not dispense medical advice, prescribe, or diagnose illness. The views and nutritional advice expressed by Global Healing Center are not intended to be a substitute for conventional medical service. If you have a severe medical condition or health concern, see your physician. This Web site contains links to Web sites operated by other parties. Such links are provided for your convenience and reference only. We are not responsible for the content or products of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site. Global Healing Center does not adopt any medical claims which may have been made in 3rd party references. Where Global Healing Center has control over the posting or other communications of such claims to the public, Global Healing Center will make its best effort to remove such claims.

http://www.globalhealingcenter.com

Thanks Samm

I eat most of the items on the list during the space of one week so that is very good news. Munching on a few almonds, walnuts and Brazil’s as I write. Yum.

Rehearsal went very well this morning and I have just been told I am performing tomorrow in my dance troup for World Women’s Day at a local Art Gallery I will get my husband to take some pictures and post these on Facebook. It’s all go round here.

I am also posting a photo of my Nordic Walking group on the beach.

Now I am hitting the sack for an hour to recharge my batteries for my friends 50 th birthday party tonight.

Have a fun weekend guys

I’ve eaten too much today so I guess tomorrow will be an extra FD
    Everything was fine until I found a bottle of beer in the fridge and decided to open it…………….. Smiley

Morning/evening all πŸ™‚

What a busy day yesterday … spent half the day with my grandsons, had a ball, then before I knew it it was time to feed the dogs and chooks, put chooks to bed, let dogs run then put to bed, then I had to go out for a time, back home and put myself to bed. Had a few too many calories yesterday (first time in a long time) so FD today as I won’t have OH eating in front of me (he’s away for the weekend) so it will be a good day for me to fast and I’ve got a meal ready for tonight (250 cals) but can have a Bovril/Bonox if needed during the day. If it goes well today I may even be able to get in another FD tomorrow as OH won’t be home until Tuesday πŸ˜€

Going to be keeping very busy today too so may not get back in here until this evening πŸ˜€ we’ll see but may pop in to catch up on the chat between times πŸ˜€

Amazon,

Are you sure that, in getting the bottle out of the fridge to see what it was, you didn’t accidentally stumble and catch the top on the edge of the fridge door…? Thus necessitating drinking it… πŸ™‚

Hi SAMM
    β€œ My goal has been 100lbs fat loss. So I gave myself four years. 25lbs a year.
    2lbs a month . Or 1/2 lb a week. That’s doable right? ”
    SAMM your two years down congratulations my fast friend and way ahead of schedule mate with 69lbs or 31kg fat loss it is awesome and fascinating from the other side of the world to be a part of your journey it is an honor and a privilege to be on your team SAMM
    Keep On Keeping ON
    Do What’s Doable

Peace RT

Happy,

I had forgotten it was there, and once I noticed it, there was no choice, it had to be opened and consumed. Unfortunately that led to some cheese and olive tasting, which was very satisfying πŸ˜›
    I’ve given up drinking wine at home for Lent, and I really fancied some today. The beer was a welcome substitute, and I had to celebrate losing 60lbs.
    My fridge is practically empty at the moment, and there is nothing tempting in there at all now, which is excellent news………………I think.

Hi all weighed in yesterday lost 1.5 pound. I only fasted the one day last week though. Hopefully I will loose more next week. Would anyone recommend 4 3? .

Amazon,

60lbs! Well done you! That does deserve a celebration πŸ™‚

Hi Bryn,

I am doing a combination of 3:4 and ADF at the moment depending on my plans for the week. It can be tough going, but if you have a lot to lose and don’t want it to take forever, it is worth it.
    Most of us on this thread do more than 2 FDs as it is the only way to lose 2lbs per week.

Thanks Happy,

Only another 24 to go!

Good morning FTer mates.

Autumn is definitely here in southern South Australia. We have added another layer of warmth to the bed and it’s definitely jumper weather in the mornings. The deciduous trees are feeling it too and I shivered after my banana and yoghurt breakfast, so switching to porridge until nearly Christmas on non-work days.

Amazon, 60lb? Fantastic – doing little dance for you.

SAMM, as RT said, you’re well ahead of schedule and such an inspiration for your perseverance in the face of what your life has dished out and also for your clear-sighted food research. I have 25kg to get to goal of 55kg (my adult weight for 30 years except for pregnancy) before the end of the year @ 0.5kg/week average – doable? I certainly think so.

Since taking up this WOL 13 months ago I have permanently lost 13.5kg (29.7lb). A few other kg were only mislaid and found again over Christmas. πŸ˜‰

Now 0.6kg above my pre-Christmas weight and with 3 FDs/week until Easter, have high expectations of seeing a 7x in front by then – will even be happy with 79.9 (1.6kg less than now) because even that will calculate to ‘merely’ overweight.

Bryn, 3FDs/week for me is very easy while busy at work, even though haven’t yet managed to fast at home. Some days are for relaxing.

Home fasting is a skill I need to learn before retiring and have several strategies in mind. However one challenge at a time is as much as this little duck can do well along with managing work/home responsibilities and that currently is losing the flab.

Without going over old ground, many of you know the circumstances of the move to this thread and I immediately felt right at home with the warm welcome.

I wouldn’t be where I am now without you wonderful people here. Thanks one and all and especially Jojo for starting it. When I first saw it I thought ‘that one’s going to be full of hard-core dieters’. Because I know the misery and deprivation of hard-core dieting is not sustainable for me I didn’t even look. Little did I suspect that it would attract such a diverse mob of intelligent, funny and supportive people from all over the world.

Happy Sunday all. n-xxx

Internet seems to be working a bit this morning so I couldn’t resist a small comment: Nicky your last paragraph says it ALL, I just got goosebumps reading it!

Wonderful work everyone.

The rodeo was wonderful, a beautiful evening in a spectacular setting. The cowboys and cowgirls and the horses and the bulls put on a fabulous night of entertainment. We ate yummy country hamburgers and were spellbound by their daring for four hours solid. Most of the participants seemed to be limping though, I think the animals all got their own back!

Viewing 50 posts - 7,751 through 7,800 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.