Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 11 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 7,851 through 7,900 (of 16,657 total)

• CW,

I love stuffed peppers too, and I bought some peppers today to make some ๐Ÿ™‚

I have some 150ml cans of dry ginger that have been in the fridge for ages. I opened one today as I fancied something different, and I couldn’t drink it. I guess I won’t be buying any more.

HCB, I’m not a warrior, I’m a fast tracker! ๐Ÿ˜›

Love Monday Fast Days – it kind of purges away any excesses from the weekend and when I get through it, I think; I’ve only got one more FD out of the next 6 days.

Morning fellow faster trackers … such a lot to catch up on … welcome to the new posters in this thread ๐Ÿ˜€

Back to work today after a public holiday yesterday ๐Ÿ˜€ … once again things went pear shaped yesterday … OH finished early so came home a day early so as I didn’t have anything out for him we again had to make do!!

Oh well, such is life, at least I got some crafting in, very, very happy with the results … still to complete 3 of the 10 projects but that’s okay, I can do this tonight (and maybe fit in a few more projects … one of the projects is something I wanted to make late last year ready for this year but time was against me, still I can make up some “blank” ones ready for next year later on now that I’ve got the knack of them ๐Ÿ˜€ )

FD for me today (my regular one) but will NEED to do 3 in a row this week … nevermind that will be easy now … gee it IS harder when home particularly when family/friends think you need company when OH is away, lol ๐Ÿ˜€ ๐Ÿ˜† , but really you just want to be left alone to do stuff, even just to read, ๐Ÿ˜€ at least I know they were thinking of me and didn’t want me to be lonely bless them ๐Ÿ˜†

Chat later all ๐Ÿ˜€ … AO ๐Ÿ˜†

Hi AO,
    Nice that you’ve got friends and family who think about such things ๐Ÿ™‚

I can do B2B easily, but 3 in a row isn’t something I would want to do too often so good luck.

Hello all

A good FD today, beginning with a boiled egg, Bovril for lunch, then a lovely sweet and sour chicken recipe from the Hairy Bikers’ Diet Book with zero rice. Not sure if they are heard of in other parts of the world, though I think they did a tour of Australia a couple of years ago. Anyway, it was 288 cals and delicious.

Weighing tomorrow, and from the feel of my jeans I’m fairly certain I’ve lost a few pounds. Fingers crossed.

Jojo – I’m quite happy to travel further inland, and yes, a hire car might be a good idea. Maybe some Francophiles reading this thread could give us some ideas as to the best places to stay? I gather the Loire is best seen on foot or by bicycle, so we should get some exercise either way! Yes I do remember that little shop in York. I didn’t notice you photographing the walls though! Lucky we didn’t get thrown out! Ha ha!

You and Aussie Oma are certainly busy with your projects , which is great – it keeps fingers out of the fridge! AO – what a dilemma when people unwittingly sabotage your efforts because they are being so nice!

RT – our tap water is pretty good too, as it comes from a bore hole. It used to be even better until they changed the pipes – maybe a few more frogs can get in now! Lol!

Have a good morning/ evening all and happy fasting!

Smiffy x

Good morning all.

Monday joke (if you are of a delicate constitution do not read on, you may find the content offensive):

EMPLOYEE NOTICE
    Due to the current financial situation caused by the slowdown in the economy, the Government has decided to implement a scheme to put workers of 50 years of age and above on early, mandatory retirement, thus creating jobs and reducing unemployment.

This scheme will be known as RAPE (Retire Aged People Early).

Persons selected to be RAPED can apply to the Government to be considered for the SHAFT programme (Special Help After Forced Termination).

Persons who have been RAPED and SHAFTED will be reviewed under the SCREW program (System Covering Retired-Early Workers).

A person may be RAPED once, SHAFTED twice and SCREWED as many times as the Government deems appropriate.

Persons who have been RAPED could get AIDS (Additional Income for Dependents & Spouse) or HERPES (Half Earnings for Retired Personnel Early Severance).

Obviously persons who have AIDS or HERPES will not be SHAFTED or SCREWED any further by the Government..

Persons who are not RAPED and are staying on will receive as much Special High Intensity Training (insert acronym, represented here as S***) as possible. The Government has always prided themselves on the amount of S*** they give our citizens.

Should you feel that you do not receive enough S***, please bring this to the attention of your MP, who has been trained to give you all the S*** you can handle.

Sincerely โ€“

The Committee for Economic Value of Individual Lives (E.V.I.L.)

PS – Due to recent budget cuts and the rising cost of electricity, gas and oil, as well as current market conditions, The Light at the End of the Tunnel has been turned off.

LOL Nicky ๐Ÿ˜†

Yes it is nice/frustrating when people care about you so much they sabotage a few days still there’s always another day and caring may not always be there ๐Ÿ™‚

I forgot to mention our water. 99% rain water, filtered when pumped out of the tank and filtered again (Pura Tap) in the kitchen for drinking/cooking purposes. Hate when we have to go on mains (which we did a little while ago as pump needed a small repair) as even though Pura Tap filters that water in the kitchen nothing else is filtered and it is so harsh on my hair etc. so always very happy when we went back onto rainwater ๐Ÿ˜€

Happy days all ๐Ÿ˜€ chat tonight ๐Ÿ™‚

Smiffy,
    I made that sweet and sour chicken a few weeks ago. I cut the amount of oil and added some extra veggies. It was delicious and I’ll be making it again as it freezes well too ๐Ÿ™‚

Good morning all and happy Monday.

My whole post just disappeared ๐Ÿ™ usually so careful to copy before pressing ‘submit’ but was distracted.

Short summary: first of 2 FDs today and Thursday with <1000C day tomorrow and fasting window for all 3 of 21:3.

Keep up the good work everyone.

OOh Yeah Nicky that is gold and now being sent all around Australia as we speak
    thanks heaps loved it loved it loved it LMFAO ๐Ÿ˜†

Excellent Nicky ๐Ÿ˜†

Well I blew it yesterday after steadily losing a few hundred grams every day last week ……I was on a FD, mmmmm then decided to make a chocolate cake ostensibly for my son’s school lunches. I was doing fine despite a few teaspoons of icing ( kept thinking it has no calories on a teaspoon) and then following a long walk I decided to have a glass of wine Why you think . I believe it was the sugar. I just lost the plot . Three glasses of wine and salad and cheese finished the night with yes a piece of chocolate cake…. Well am up 1 kg so I know that I cannot afford to make cakes during this time. Am SO frustrated with myself. I can only blame myself and decided that fessig up on this forum would be the best step forward….. Too often a blow out. Has led to a few days of eating whatever! So a non FD but no cake, cheese or wine on the menu.

Hi Emel, sympathies! We’ve all done it at least once – I’m a slow learner so many times more than once.

The comforting thing we all know about this WOL is that we can just get back on the bike and start pedalling again.

On any other eating plan I would say something like “I’m so undisciplined I’ll never be that slim person again. Since I’ve blown it now I’ll have another piece of cake/cheese/wine (insert vice of choice).”

Confession is good for the soul and leads to fresh resolve, as we both know.

Take care of yourself and don’t beat yourself up too much. n xxx

Good one Nicky! ๐Ÿ˜‰

Amazon – thanks for the tip that the sweet & sour dish is freezable. I used less oil too. I had the book for a couple of years but never really looked at it until I came across the recipe on the internet and remembered I had it. There are some really nice things in it, so I will definitely be using it again.

Emel – don’t beat yourself up! You did it, it’s over, and you can pick yourself up and carry on. That kg will come off very quickly.

‘Night all

Hi again everyone, taking a few minutes with first at work cuppa to hand.

RT what does LMFAO mean? Regarding water, we only drink tapwater and use a sodastream to make the fizzy stuff. Our rainwater tanks have filters on but enough organic matter gets through that the water has a very sulphurous smell – garden use only ๐Ÿ™

Thanks Amazon and Smiffy for the pointer to the HB sweet and sour recipe, sounds delicious – found it on the internet and have put it on next week’s menu. OH doesn’t like the texture of rice, so usually use rice noodles for him as they are easy to put on one side of the wok for serving only to him. He did like the cauli rice I made recently though and could use that.

Enjoy the rest of Monday everyone and I’ll get back to work ๐Ÿ˜‰

Hi Nicky we have a stocking over our rain water tap over the sink in the laundry and on the odd occasion we have tiny microbiological wrigglers still slip through which is not ideal for many but I need the extra protein haha ๐Ÿ˜ณ ok depending on the aussie/pommie slang content of the F bomb or F word ๐Ÿ˜‰ flaming friggin fekkin or the F/bomb
    LMFAO
    Laugh
    My
    F*****ing
    Arse
    Off
    ๐Ÿ˜†

๐Ÿ˜†

Thanks RT, a new abbreviation for me to use – to appropriate recipients of course ๐Ÿ˜‰

Hi all,

Nicky you need a few young males around to learn that one (RT just taught you!).

RT re water – I will drink Melbourne tap water but it smells like chlorine to me, so I have (cheap Aldi) mineral water mostly. Prefer the bubbles. Tap water ok with slice of lemon but only if I can steal/beg some, they were $1.50 each last time I saw them! In Jamieson we have a 25 yr old concrete tank which usually has crystal clear rainwater. However all who drink it spend a lot of time producing sulphur, so we filter it with a Bunnings Waterco bench top filter (stone type centre thingy which needs to be scraped clean). After a particular tree blows its pollen over half the garden, the pollen is so fine that it sometimes gets thru the tank filters and the water tastes like tadpole water. One year we “treated” it with bleach (carefully measured, after consulting with pool shop lady) and it fixed the smell/colour, but we didnt dare drink it again for a few years. Dont think active sodium hypochlorite would be too good for one. After the latest frozen berry drama, I sometimes wonder what is in with the Aldi water though!

Commiserations Emel – we have ALL been there. But as we say to our kids, its ok if you learn from it!

Completed a 5Km walk/hillclimb at 7am this morning! The sun was rising above the mountains and there was mist rising off the river below, it was magic. Almost bumped into a 2m Grey Kangaroo too – so worth getting up early for. The exercise does make me hungrier though!

Cheers all x

Good Morning Fast Trackers,
    NickyF – love the jokes, always need a good laugh, helps you stay sane.
    HealthcoachB – interesting ‘handle’ what is your story? Very welcome here and good luck!
    My body is on a go slow at the moment but I know I am doing the right things so the lbs will drop eventually.

Emel- I know it is difficult but try to ‘give up’ alcohol until you reach goal, or at least restrict to one on weekend nights. I found that alcohol weakened my self control and of course uses lots of the calories I prefer to save for food. Are you recording calories? It does help to know where you are at each day. I often forget to include my fruit but it really bumps up the total calories each day.

Just enjoying a nice cuppa before bowls and gym class later. It’s good to be active. I also started knitting again last night, keeps me busy and out of the ‘snacking’ mindset.

Salad today and fish with veg for dinner. Have a good day everyone.

When the boys where young Nicky we had a soda stream with the individual little glass bottles with white lids in the summer we had them all lined up in the bottom shelf in the fridge door wow it was a fun thing to do ๐Ÿ˜† we still have one but a new one with 1 litre plastic bottles now y-fee quite likes plain soda water out of the cask of course but still ๐Ÿ˜‰
    Nama we have always had rainwater tanks and just like a decaying rodent in 40deg heat in the wall cavity you know it will pass ๐Ÿ˜‰ however depending on what has fallen or washed into the tank. Leaves bark native seeds wattle bird poo pollen rodents dead birds and the like I well remember going from gravity fed to having a pressure pump holy moly what a fantastic thing until the taste test which went pear shape due to the plumbing blue resin glue for poly pipe was the only flavour for a summer ๐Ÿ˜† it did keep our teeth white though ๐Ÿ˜ณ I intend to follow up on the filtering in to the house it seems a good option
    Lesson learned

Morning all.

I managed to oversleep and have missed my pilates class, so as it is a beautiful morning with sunshine forecast all day, I’m going to go out walking.

Emel, there is no way you’ve gained a kg in one day. It is just a temporary gain of food in transit/water retention etc. Once you’ve had a couple of sensible eating days and a FD, all will be well. And as others have said, don’t beat yourself up over it.

Nama, you are turning into an exercise junkie ๐Ÿ˜‰

Have a good day/evening everyone.

Yes I have not been drinking at all for a while and there is a direct correlation between snacking and drinking alcohol. Oh well, a lesson learnt.
    Cannot contribute re water tanks but I have been on a cleaning frenzy re laundry as have had mice. Washed
    the pillow slips perhaps thirty of them only to discover as I was hanging them out that a mouse had died and decomposed in a pillow slip! Gross ! meanwhile having problems with tap and had arranged for a plumber tomorrow am. I then fiddled with said tap and now cannot turn it off. Water turned off at our house. Pillow slips back in machine. No shower tomorrow morning. Oh washing machine also leaking! Trying to locate serial number.
    Did however go on a lovely walk with friend in the mt. Lofty Botanic gardens.

If you go to Mt Lofty early in the morning you’ll get a free shower from the sprinkler system ๐Ÿ˜‰
    We spent a happy couple of hours waiting for them to get past the path and then running before they changed direction Smiley

Amazon I am enjoying the feeling of managing some steep walks around Jamieson that previously required several stops and a portable oxygen cylinder! Its unbelievable how much easier it is now that I havent got 3 bags of potatoes to carry, plus even the small amount of swimming I have done so far has improved my lung capacity. I dont think there is any danger of me becoming addicted though! Back home in Melbourne tonight, finger healed, so looking forward to trying the new pool tomorrow morning. Have not had scales whilst away but jeans I have never worn before are loose! I bought them on the last WW attempt when I was still 5 kgs heavier than now. They were way too tight then but something to aim for! Hope I get some wear out of them before they are too baggy…..

Good morning/evening all

Hopped in the scales this morning and my 1200 non-fast day calories have paid off – 2 lbs off and just a pound off my pre-Christmas weight. It has taken a while to get off but definitely back on the straight and narrow again!

Afternoon all.

Well done Smiffy!

It is a beautiful day, and I’ve been out shopping and then to Kew Gardens for a walk. Everything seems to be coming into bloom, carpets of crocii and daffodils along with other bulbs, buds on the trees and shrubs, and the smell of newly cut grass. It was lovely ๐Ÿ˜›

I’m struggling a bit with my FD, and will probably have had 600 calories by the end of the day, but I’m not going to give up as it is close enough when doing ADF.

I’ve bought myself some new underwear as none of my bras were comfortable or fitted properly. There was a sale, so I got 40% off too ๐Ÿ™‚

I was tempted to try on some jeans, but decided to wait and spend my money on something I really need as the ones I have aren’t falling down just yet ๐Ÿ˜‰

Smiffy,
    Well done on the loss.
    Amazon,
    I am enjoying my walks in local parks and woodlands too. I am involved in preservation of a local woodland and spent much of my free time planting bulbs last year.

I bought some pale pink and hot pink jeans this week, size 16, they look great, should see me through next three months minimum.

I am stuck with my glove making, the pattern is a bit complex, may need some help.

Enjoyed my bowls and gym circuit training today but replacement teacher was very tough. Earned my salad and yogurt.

Hi Fast Trackers
    Nicky Emel comespring and Aussie O in South Australia Nama & Keirra in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA and Hello World (You know Who You) ๐Ÿ˜†
    SAMM has mentioned this a few times of late I put this up last year and it is awesome so
    For the newbies and for the fast trackers that missed the link for new you image it is here change the detail and gender in the top right hand corner
    http://www.modelmydiet.com/men.html?cb=891743484420

SAMM I am taking a leaf out of your big book of awesomeness and I am putting together a hump day 3 course meal of SAMM ๐Ÿ˜‰ Of a Chana dal dipper (I make my own from yellow split peas) with red pepper crudities and a SAMM starter of a salad with hummus salmon shrimp tuna avocado hard-boiled eggs walnuts apple (waldorf style) & lemon segments a SAMM Super Stew using chicken legs onions and garlic turnips turmeric carrots broccoli red beans frozen mixed vegetable and asparagus all poached in chicken broth with oat bran to thicken . And a SAMM dessert of Blueberries and orange segments with Green tea the beverage of choice this should add a few more good years to eat fast and live longer. You have lost over 30kg SAMM already and continuing to masterfully share the love and knowledge leading the way by your example for all us so you my hard rocking American are a leader and inspiring us to Keep on keeping on and do whatโ€™s doable mate.
    Peace RT

I’ll have the dip, the starter and the dessert please. I won’t have enough room for all 4 courses ๐Ÿ˜‰

Morning all … woke with a bit of a headache this morning. As I’m doing 3 B2B FDs I’m allowing myself 500 calories per day. Headache due to sinus btw not this WOL ๐Ÿ˜€

Have to run as have 15 mins to be at work ๐Ÿ˜€ chat later. AO

No problem there Amazon il instagram that straight over ๐Ÿ˜†
    An elderly couple is attending church. About halfway through, the wife leans over and says to her husband, ‘I just let out a silent fart; what do you think I should do?’

He replies, ‘Put a new battery in your hearing aid.’

Ha ha Smiley

Argh. I too have just lost my entire post. I have to learn to remember to click submit before I click anything else. Here’s the short version.

Thanks to everyone for your warm welcome. I also completely agree with Nicky’s comments.

There are some impressive results that have been posted since I was last here – congrats all.

I had a meltdown on my Sunday FD. I am going to take SAMM’s advice and scale down to 5:2 for a while until I get into the groove. Haven’t weighed myself since last Saturday – have been too reluctant after the Sunday meltdown. The truth will out this Saturday.

It is finally above -a million celsius here in Montreal, +5 today. I got out for great walk at lunch time, including climbing one of the killer staircases on the Mountain. If I can keep this up a few days a week I can move my activity up to light, hurray.

Love the jokes.

Hello Trackers,
    I was unable to check with you today so no able to reply to everyone.
    @jojo – I am about to be 49 the end this month, married, no children … a little dog.
    I am quiet familiar with the amount of diets out there. My pounds started accumulating the last 3 years and it’s up to 15 pounds now.
    A lot happened within those 3 years and my fear is from 15 to many more! I am a very heathy conscious person. Lately, I was cutting down on food, exercising more without results. I looked into fasting or intermittent.

Yesterday was not easy! Eating 500 calories is so unusual. Today I didn’t have any bowel movements so I shall watch.
    Also I was extra careful what to eat. Breakfast, lunch and dinner and 2 glasses of white wine. Other times I would drink much more … Looking at the big picture now.
    My next fasting will be Friday. I am planing to have coffee, lunch and dinner. I bought quinoa and prepare well for it.

Thank you for all the nice post!
    Good night

Hi DJ. SAMM is right, I personally find 4:3 much more challenging than 5:2. Be patient, the weight didnt go on overnight. I only use 4:3 if I have had a fair bit of (over)socializing and need emergency strategies. Several people on here seem to be able to manage it easily, but I find that I feel I am fasting all the time just by adding one extra day. The fasting does get easier though, so dont give up.

Had a lovely swim at 7am today – I think I woke early with the excitement of trying the new pool. So lovely after the busy public one, only one other swimmer there and I managed even more laps than previously, so very pleased. But now I need to use Bayleaf’s strategies and get moving with some housework,as fasting after swimming a bit tricky – I am starving! Whilst we were in Jamieson, son and his girl made Tequila Sunrises and I think half the orange juice is still on the kitchen floor. So its the Bayleaf method – washing floors!

Cheers all!

Morning All,
    No loss again today but I know I have to be patient and watch those calories more carefully if I am going to get results. I am definitely a person that needs results for effort or I loose my motivation to carry on. Playing bowls twice today and again tomorrow. Social weekend coming up with a friend but I know that I cannot afford to relax. After 18 months dieting damage is done very quickly and I have promised myself that I will not put on even a pound. It’s just misery losing the same few pounds over and over. Overeating is not worth it, feeling and looking good is my only goal now.
    Newbies- just a ray of hope. Most long term fasters look forward to fasting days eventually because it makes them feel light and energetic. As a retired person I can spend a good portion of my day doing exercise. I love the feeling that my body is strong, flexible and toned. I still have the hurdle of excess skin but that will be sorted only when I get to goal and reassess my options.
    Keeping drinking water or green teas, keep moving, enjoy your new bodies, dress to kill.

Hi HealthCoach

Please make sure that you’re drinking at least 2 litres of water a day to ensure a bowel movement. This is in addition to tea and coffee. I measure my water out in a flask or a bottle. If I don’t measure it, I cheat myself of water. If you drink two litres of water per day, you make up for the water that you normally eat in your food.

Have you read Michael Mosley’s book? Worth every penny ๐Ÿ˜‰

Cheers, Bay ๐Ÿ™‚

Have you noticed today that when you post on the website, it sends you back to the first post on the thread?

Is this happening to others? First time for me.

Wow, Nama, exercise ๐Ÿ˜‰ Bay

Agree with Bay, I drink 4 pints of water per day, helps with weight loss and bowel regularity. I think it takes three months to get your body used to fasting. Detox from sugar can be particularly unpleasant. Headaches and irritability are fairly common.

Morning/evening all.

Another beautiful morning here, and I’m off to the gym again ๐Ÿ™‚

I have always have a drink of some description on the go, water, tea, coffee. I have recently increased the amount of water I drink because of the amount lost while working out at the gym.
    The majority of the population in general who suffer from constipation do so because they do not drink enough water.
    It is something that is rarely talked about, which always surprises me considering thst it can lead to so many serious health issues.

Apart from the one beer I found lurking in the fridge last week, I’ve given up drinking alcohol at home for Lent, and don’t have any social events lined up that will include it either.

Have a good day/evening everyone.

Agree with Jojo re sugar withdrawal.

I am on a sugar free Lent, and the first 3.5 days were awful. ๐Ÿ˜ฎ Tired, grumpy, never feeling satisfied. However, I drank loads of water and toughed it out. On the fourth day I felt free and light and happy again.

If you think you can do it, I totally recommend a sugar free detox for as long as you can last. ๐Ÿ™„

I could do it only by saying, well it’s only 40 days of Lent, and then I can have a sweet treat. ๐Ÿ˜‰ Just like intermittent fasting, I hear you say. Yep! L

BTW. Did my first 24 hour water fast yesterday while travelling across beautiful NZ. I would have said a year ago, that I couldn’t do such a thing. As it happened, I felt free all day, and didn’t think of food until dinner. It is interesting how the mind and body change.

Good luck with fasting tomorrow.
    Cheers, Bay ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi Amazon

Our posts crossed. I agree with having a water bottle next to me at all times. I refill regularly. I also agree re the health issues that arise from too little water.

Cheers, Bay ๐Ÿ™‚

Hi Bay

Well done for going sugar free for Lent. Not something I would attempt, I’m having enough trouble going bread free!

Afternoon all.

Nama, so glad you are enjoying your swimming. I understand where you’re coming from regarding hunger after exercise. I’ve had to change my FDs around as I just get too hungry on the days I use the gym equipment. I’m OK if I attend Pilates and am hoping I’ll be able to cope after the Zumba class. I’ve got a really busy day planned tomorrow, so that should help. I’m going to an art exhibition about Impressionism, which is my favourite ๐Ÿ˜›
    I came home ravenous today, so was pleased to be able to have granola with yoghurt and berries. I’m marinading some lamb for dinner. Also trying to stick to 19/5 on non FDs.

We are having spring like weather again today, but I’m not fooled! I know that spring doesn’t start for another 10 days and that it is going to be cold and wet later……
    Having said that, it has been so mild that the CH has been turned off for several days, and apparently we’ve had the sunniest UK winter on record ๐Ÿ™‚

RT. Thanks for the encouragement.
    That is right up there isn’t it.
    I interviewed my 98yo grandmother before she passed last year?
    Asked her about her diet. Red beans.

There was a lot of the red beans.

On page#2

About connecting the dots. Helping foods become more nutritious than eating them alone.

Trying to lose wieght?
    300 calories not going far?

Try eating a pickle. Then some red beans in no sugar added tomato sauce and flavor with onion, garlic,and and a Serrano pepper.

A. The pickle will keep digestion from occurring for 20 min.
    B. The red beans will make you sensitive to feeling full. Highest in anti-oxidants.
    C. The onions, garlic , and tomato anti cancer benefits.
    D. The Serrano pepper brings the HEAT, but is the most anti-inflammatory food ingredient on the planet!

Yes! My grandmother ate this stuff! So now I do too! Though I like on feed days, and add Parmesan Cheese and bits of a boiled egg(E. Vitamineral).

Now that I’m thinking on it how great would all that flavor be stuffed inside a mini-sweet ?
    Hmmmm
    BRB
    ๐Ÿ˜‰

Hi SAMM.
    Another interesting post, but I have to disagree with you regarding the properties of pickles.
    The digestive process actually starts before eating when saliva is produced in anticipation of food. It continues as food is chewed in the mouth, and continues throughout the digestive tract, until waste is produced.

Do you have a link with the science behind a pickle preventing digestion from occurring for 20 minutes?

Hi Amazon,

There’s quite a lot on the web about the acid in vinegar slowing down the digestion of carbohydrates and sugars. Not sure of the science though.

Any chance you could send spring northwards please? Tipping down and 7 degrees here ๐Ÿ™ I’ve got a thermal top on again today.

Hi Happy,

I am asking SAMM for clarification as I don’t believe that eating pickle stops the digestive process from occurring for 20 minutes.
    It may inhibit the production or effectiveness of the enzyme ptyalin, which is in saliva and breaks down starches, but I don’t understand how it can prevent digestion from starting.

I would also like to know what is the point of trying to delay digestion? What benefit does that have?

Sorry that you are having cr*p weather, I’m sure we’ll get our share here. It isn’t very warm today, I needed my thick jacket and gloves this morning, which is what I was alluding to when I mentioned not being fooled by spring like weather, paint the sky blue, stick the sun in it and let them all think winter is over………..then they step outside and it is bloody freezing!

Well I could see a benefit in delaying digestion…but only if you could delay it long enough for the food to exit completely ๐Ÿ™‚

I expect SAMM has explained somewhere along the way, but I’ve not retained the information.

Apart from extending ketosis I can’t think of anything else, and I don’t see that an extra 20 minutes would make much difference.

Viewing 50 posts - 7,851 through 7,900 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.