Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 7,901 through 7,950 (of 16,657 total)

• Hi Girls,
    I believe good digestion depends on what and how you eat your meals.
    Last Monday for my eyeballed dinner I had a small pice of Salmon, spoon maybe of cauliflower and some fermented saurkraut. I ate it very thoughtfully! Because the meal was so small I had to chew and think of every it of it for 30 times.
    Interestingly enough, we know but we don’t apply, I did the same for breakfast today.
    I will poste you how I devide next FD meal.
    Be well everyone.

Good morning fellow fasters, as RT says you know who you are 😀

Another FD yesterday but had a fraction more than the day before, but not enough water!! Now I KNOW that I need the water, just got so busy at work I didn’t even have so much coffee (only 2 cuppa’s for the day plus one Bonox and only 1.25L water). Must make up for this today, that included last night btw as was late home from work (an extra hour) then “threw” some dinner (pre-prepared) down my throat and out the door (got home around 12:15 am) so quite tired this morning too (up by 6 am) but in a way I’m also raring to go (strange I know, lol).

Another full on day at work today with interviews thrown into the mix along with setting up training sessions and delivering to workers starting, hopefully, this afternoon 😀

Okay have to keep moving and grooving but will try to catch up later (time permitting) otherwise tonight. Have a fantastic day/night one and all 😀

Edited to add: I too am being taken back to the very first post when I posted the above … how bizarre!

Searched for awhile and cant find the article about the pickle trick.

It’s my understanding then , just my opinion.
    Eating the pickle first before anything else is the trick.

And it’s to help “feel” full longer , no other benefit
    The red beans also have an enzyme that helps with being sensitive to the full feeling. Also just for feeling.

However , there is a high amount of vitamin K in pickles.
    I also switch between vinegar pickles and probiotic pickles.
    I tend to eat the red beans meal at 300 calories on a semi fast day. 2 meals of 300,and want the noon meal to lasts long as possible before I become hungry again.

Chili flavor is one I’ll eat always, but rather than eat it in an unhealthy fashion , it’s one of my favorites on a fast day. Mainly due to it tasting lime real and normal food. The pickles are very low in calories , high in fiber. So for me combining the nutrition powerhouse foods in combination with a multivitamin keeps me from craving foods or feeling deprived when I’m starting to get the hunger pangs.

Further I’ve replaced the pasta in the chili , – the way I’ve always eaten chili is with pasta in it. My sugars spike with pasta, so looking for a pasta alternative, on feed days in chili , I use Chana dal, I only spike if I eat more than 450 calories. I still eat the pickles with the meal , because that’s how I enjoy it. The goal is to learn to enjoy foods in the portion sizes for when I reach goal. Pickles and red beans in tomato paste with Parmesan cheese and egg fits nicely for my 1 semi fast day a week. Water fasts on the other two days.

This part is crazy!
    I know its silly.
    Instead of using slot of Parmesan I shread just a little, and smell the cheese between bites.
    Perhaps after the 100lbs are gone I’ll just start eating it again. I dont the preheated cheeses because they almost always use gluten to keep the cheese from caking together. So I grate it myself. When I smell it while eating I seem to taste it too. Not sure how that works exactly, but my. Understanding is smelling foods is a calorie free experience. So why not enjoy it that way?

If find the pickle article I will post it !

FD and not feeling too well. I have a splitting headache and just feel off colour.

I’m sure the headache is probably dehydration and think that although I’m drinking similar amount as normal i actually need more to compensate for the water I would ordinarily get from food.

Unwell I’m attributing to the diet coke I drank this afternoon on an empty stomach.

Feeling fairly amazed that I normally don’t notice these things because I fill myself so full of rubbish, it’s only by undertaking a fast that I can actually feel the affect.

Also working away from home so bought a sandwich for dinner, but didn’t like it so threw it away after 2 bites which was all I’ve had all day.

The one thing I don’t feel though is hungry.

Have decided – as off this moment to give up fizzy drinks and anything containing artificial sweetner. Cold Turkey.

Anyone else felt the same?

CW

Yes,
    I only sweeten with stevia. It’s not artificial .

I drink it with green tea with lemon. I use the $1 a day budget I used to spend on fizzy drinks on green tea and lemons and stevia. Also I drink 1 glass of water for every glass of tea.
    This puts much more of the calorie burden on food intake. Than from sugary drinks.
    I learned to eat more fruit from juicy fruits when I’m thirsty too. Like watermelon , especially when I have headaches.

Hi
    We are all in transition here!
    It’s just a “working on old habits” and embracing new ones.
    Check with yourself if that coke is a “unattended sweet necessity”.
    I have plenty of seltzer water handy! I put on some drops of lemon and/or grated ginger or even some frash mint.
    For the NFD add low glycemic fruits, seeds and root vegetables to address the needs of sugar and yes when we take anything “diet” at some point we’ll be crazy about something sweet.
    Find also a way to reward yourself with something small and delicious.
    Many of you conquered a lot. This thread started last April … Is it right Jojo?
    Really! When we eat 500 cal a day we need support, forgiveness and reward.
    🙂

Hi all,

SAMM I love your method of smelling your freshly grated parmesan – whatever works I say! Smell is a very important part of enjoying our food isnt it? There are a few foods that I think actually smell better than they taste – eg Bacon, brewing coffee or fresh bread. They are all yum but in my opinion they smell even better than they taste. Our sense of smell is located very close to the part of the brain that is concerned with emotions and memory. I read once of a method of teaching blind children using smell, how clever!

Scales kind this morning, half a kilogram gone despite my long weekend excess. Just shows, in 5 days away (when I ate cheese and bics, followed by a hamburger one night, then roast and rhubarb crumble with a few glasses of wine another night) by still fasting on 2 of those days, plus lots of good long walks, I still managed to have fun AND lose weight. This way of eating is brilliant!

Cheers all x

CW I meant to add, artificial sweetener has been suspected of (amongst other nasty side effects) also triggering an insulin response and causing even more hunger. I had lots of diet jelly over the summer and felt that it really affected my weight loss, ie stopped it completely. My reading pointed to other people also experiencing this. Plus it tastes artificial! Plain chilled, sparkly mineral water is a lovely drink anytime.

Hi Fast Trackers
    Nicky Emel comespring and Aussie O in South Australia Nama & Keirra in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA and Hello World (You know Who You) 😆 Hope your fast day is going well for all of those who on the fast day I have had green tea black tea black coffee and water with a 200ml small can of diet coke yummo I am having a small can of 220g baked beans and 2 poached eggs yes Nama I have manned many a fund raising sausage sizzle for scouts and the footy club that were going poorly in the carpark of woollies add some onions to the bbq plate and in they come wins every time so smell is crucial although SAMM cheese sniffing hmm im not sure I will have to take your word for it hey 😉
    Peace RT

Good Morning Fast trackers,
    Scales still stuck but for good reason, two pieces of birthday cake yesterday. This is the one time I honestly cant refuse cake. Two different birthdays celebrated in one day did not help. It just seems churlish to refuse a very thin slice of cake. Does anyone else have a way of dealing with this? I don’t want to be rude but I also don’t want to wreck my calorie allowance. Cake is always so high in calories. One was carrot cake and one was lemon sponge but both had icing.
    I had salad for lunch and dinner and no other snacks which probably prevented a gain but I am not feeling too positive today. I do however feel bloated which I don’t usually so I am putting this down to the cake. I honestly believe sugar and sugar replacements are unhealthy and we need to prove this scientifically. There is a programme about it coming up soon, let’s hope it helps us resist the sweet temptations.
    Lots of exercise planned today.

Yes the thread is nearly one year old and we are growing a baby elephant of weight loss between us. Over 1000 pounds lost. Can everyone report their total loses again to enthuse our new member, both inches and pounds or kilos please. I myself have lost 5 stone (4 stone 3 lbs fasting, rest we in preceding 6 weeks to fasting. Waist and hips down 10 inches, bust only 3 inches. 70 lbs down and counting.
    Most of my success in the first 6 months, since then mostly maintaining or yoyoing sadly. But I permanently eat more healthily, am full of energy and am enjoying life as a normal size albeit still 3 stone to go to goal of 10 stone.
    I get compliments about how I look constantly from both people that knew me before and ones that didn’t so I know I am on the right track. I look healthy and dress to suit my new figure. Bright colours, no more black for me. Eat right, exercise a lot, keep moving guys.
    Have a great day everyone.

Hi jojo,

I’ve seen the BBC trailers for ‘The Truth about Sugar’ on March 19th. Might be funded by Tate & Lyle of course…! I’ll watch it but I don’t need it to help me resist ‘sweet temptations’.

To me, cakes/biscuits/ sweets don’t fall into the ‘treat’ category anymore. They are generally over-sweet and sickly, and often leave me feeling sickly and lethargic. And they are pretty much empty calories of course.

In terms of resisting cake, I frequently turn it down now as it doesn’t appeal/ I don’t want it. And why should someone be offended because I refuse a slice of a foodstuff I don’t like? If someone offered you a pickled egg or a jellied eel would you feel you had to eat it not to offend them?

I just don’t get how the whole nation thinks a slice of flour, sugar, margarine, egg, and flavouring is a treat, and thinks it’s OK to try and force it on other people!

Would you be offended if an alcoholic turned down a glass of champagne to celebrate your birthday?

Sorry, rant over. But I’m not eating cake just because someone else likes it and thinks everyone else should.

Perhaps you could have taken a slice and said you’d have it later if that was OK (you’d just eaten/ didn’t want to spoil your lunch)? And then binned it or given it away (to someone you don’t like 🙂 )

Hi Jojo,

I think Happy has a great solution. If you feel it would offend to refuse the cake, just make an excuse such as a big breakfast eaten earlier, take a piece and say how much you will enjoy it with a cuppa later. Then toss it on the way home so you are not tempted to eat it!

Happy I dont think I will ever not enjoy cake! I just try to limit it now. But I have no problems with savoury stuff tempting me, I think its just personal preferences/tastes. I have one son a “sweet tooth” like me, the other is not, like his father. But the savoury two both eat crisps and cheese for a snack. I wouldnt care if all the savoury stuff in the world disappeared! Probably just something else to blame on mothers! Enjoyed your rant by the way.

Re your request Jojo, my total loss is 14.2kg in 6 months exactly. It has slowed to about 2 Kg per month, (started at about 4Kg/month) but that is probably due to my becoming more relaxed about it all. I am happy to chugg along at this rate, finding it very doable (thanks SAMM), and at the same time hoping my new habits will become ingrained for life. I am recording my weight daily and wont let it slow any more if I can help it. Please dont chuck me off your thread for not keeping up with the pace, I find it invaluable as motivation and support!! Such a great group of interesting people from all corners of the world!

Morning/evening all.

SAMM, thanks for clarifying that it is your interpretation of what you’ve read 🙂

CW, you definitely need more water than usual on a FD, and one of the tricks I have to get rid of a FD headache is salt, I just eat a pinch of it, or have a cup of Bovril which is beef/yeast extract and salty. Or you could have miso soup which is very low calorie, or even some sticks of carrot with some salt sprinkled over. Artificial sweeteners are bad news IMO, and I only use stevia, sparingly and not very often.
    Of course, your feeling under par could be coincidental and nothing to do with fasting.

Jojo, I agree with Happy, you don’t need to make excuses, just say no thanks if you really don’t want any cake. If they are real friends they won’t make a fuss or be offended.

Another lovely morning.
    I’ve got a sore knee this morning so Zumba is once again on the back burner for now. My body is at the “still protesting” stage as far as all this exercise is concerned! It’ll get used to it eventually, but I’m trying not to push too hard.

Have a good day/evening everyone.

Ha ha, Nama! At least you are losing, I’ve been maintaining since last June so if anyone’s getting evicted it would be me… Bay… Purple… RT?!

I’m afraid your blame Mum theory doesn’t work! My Mum had an uncontrollable sweet tooth, as did I until I started 5:2. My tastes have altered though, and now I take it or (mostly) leave it.

Now falafel, hummus, bhajis, pakoras… Mmm, heaven! And of course not forgetting pickles, Samm!

Hello All,
    Last time I am saying this, no one gets evicted from this thread for not hitting 2 lbs per week, it’s a challenge not a pre requisite. It can be done but it is very tough. When you have been dieting over a year like me it is very, very tough because you have evicted most of your bad food habits but are just working on portion control of the good stuff. In my case I eat too much protein and fruit. What can I say still greedy and eat too fast too. Digestive system stands no chance with me but I am working on it.

I have always done lots of exercise so my body doesn’t seem to benefit from calories expended doing aerobic stuff. Who knows why? Probably because my fat ratio is still too high, wait and see!

It’s sunny here and I am planting primroses, glorious colours. Play in a bowls competition this afternoon. Wish me luck!

Can’t wait to meet up with Tangatawiwi. Please don’t wear her out Amazon! Keep her away from your Zumba class.

I have just installed a TV in my kitchen to learn and practise ballroom and Latin dance steps. Bought a cd of Vincent and Flavia(Structly Dancers)Pity I don’t have a partner,
    may need to use a broom. Ha ha.

I think I will try that trick, take the cake for later, give it to my ex hubby, he loves cake.

Good luck jojo!

It’s not sunny here, but quite mild. I am also planting, but seeds, not flowers…tomatoes, cucumber, courgette, beans, spring onions, brussels, spinach, beetroot, leek, pak choy, lettuce… Not as pretty as your primroses, but something to look forward to 🙂

Happy dancing with your broom!

Hi! Sorry for the hiccup in the links to your post on this topic. They should be fixed now — this is a note to let you know that and also to test that they actually are…

testing 123

seems to be all good now fastdiet … thankyou!

Thanks for your comments re eviction Jojo, I was half joking. But when I read of the great efforts of others, sometimes I feel like I am letting the side down. You are so right. 2lbs a week is doable, but extremely hard as an ongoing proposition. Life is too much fun to be that disciplined all the time. We are all posting here because calories in have exceeded calories out, but we are all very different with varying metabolisms etc and we will all lose at our own pace. As long as the overall direction is downwards!

Hello,
    I am under the impression the thread has more girls and most in Autralia or New Zealand, correct?
    I am from Brazil and in the US for nearly 20 years.

In Brazil it’s quiet an offense to refuse food when people offer you! I don’t like when people push me around anymore and I think this is the idea of the “sabotaging game”. I have overeaten just to fit in in social events and used food and wine as a comfort friend. They are so much a sugar addicted nation just like here in the US. Who does not like sweets, chocolate, nice deserts? I do.
    I have a social event to attend this afternoon and I know exactly what will be in front of me. I am telling you I was so pleased with the scale today and so much looking forward to my 2nd FD tomorrow that mentally I want to reach that goal.
    I am trading off things! If I exercise I can have 2 glasses of wine or 1 glass of wine and a little some thing sweet. The idea is to keep myself motivated to exercise or I can’t have my goodies.

Enjoy your day folks!

Healthcoach I should be in bed as it is 1am where I am in Aus… you are right, we have two regular blokes only. SAMM and RT, and we are from all corners of the globe. Primarily the UK I think, at least thats where the thread originated from thru Jojo…

Well RT
    it just wouldn’t be a day in the life of samm if i didn’t tell somebody that life is too short. You should stop and smell the cheeses sometimes.

feed day oh joy!

No need to just smell the food like yesterday’s flirt with temptations.

Tuna on lettuce abd grapes going to work out then sleep

Hello

I hope in a years time I’m able to share such amazing results too.

Some good and some not so good behaviours today.

I managed the whole day without a single fizzy drink on my cold turkey commitment.

But I succumbed to a bit of cheesecake, however it’s a non FD and I’m still 500 cals below TDEE so will compensate tonight with a light tea.

I’m on the transition from using available calories for a treat cos I can’t resist to realising the treat isn’t that nice and isn’t really worth it.

Maybe one step and the time – the next couple of weeks for me will be about no fizzy drinks, increasing water in take and I have a feeling that the healthy choices will gradually replace the usual sweet or chocolate snack, I think it’s already starting a little bit.

Meanwhile the bruises have nearly gone so I’ll be able to start hooping again.

Happy evening

Afternoon all.
    Back from a lovely time looking at beautiful paintings, with a new tea towel, fridge magnet and a print, all of my favourite painting 🙂

The weather has been good again, spring is definitely just around the corner 😛

FD today, and the first time I thought about eating was on the bus on the way home. I sat opposite a man in the café at the National Gallery who was eating a sandwich and a packet of crisps, and I passed at least a trillion people in town who were eating but it didn’t bother me until I thought about the stuffed peppers prepared this morning, that are waiting to go into the oven for my dinner.

Hi CW, nothing wrong with a slice of cheesecake. I still eat cake and the last piece I had was on a day that turned into a FD! Not something I would usually do, but I wasn’t about to eat a meal I didn’t want just because I’d had cake. We aren’t obliged to cut anything out of our diet if we don’t want to. I’m not one for candy, and I rarely eat chocolate bars, and IMO life would be miserable without the occasional cake or dessert.

Whew! I’m glad to read that there will be no evictions as I’d be the first to go! 😉 In 2 months I’ve only lost a couple pounds and 2 inches off my waist. I’m trying, honest I am!! Sigh….I don’t know why I haven’t given up by now, but I guess it’s because there is no acceptable alternative. This suits me and if I’m meant to stay 30 lbs overweight, then so be it! I’ve been at this weight for 2 years(after losing 30 lbs) and my body seems determined to stay right here even though another 30 lbs off would be what the “standard” says I should be.

I’m quite active and do a strenuous boot camp workout at least 3 days a week. I also do a bit of running and soon I’ll be walking the golf course a couple days a week. I need to celebrate the things this body lets me do and not worry so much about the pudgy bits! I’m fortunate to be healthy and able to do anything I want without physical limitations. I know there are many who would give anything to be able to do what I do even if it meant being a bit heavier than the “norm”.

Well…..not sure where that came from, but I guess I needed to say it! Thanks for listening!

Hope everyone is having a fabulous week!

Hi Amazon,

I think that’s a really important point – no food is forbidden and no food gets demonized.

We all have to realise though, and I know I’d forgotten pre-5:2, that our (eating) actions have consequences. So if we want cake, we’ve just got to factor it into our overall calorie intake. Eat a bit more one meal, eat a bit less the next…

And yep, it even feels a bit springlike in the north today! Quite mild, although just started raining 🙁

Hi Happy,

I’ve never eaten junk, and my diet has always been balanced and fairly healthy. My problem was greed. Cooking for one is difficult and there are often leftovers. A lot of the time, my solution was to eat it all, and why open a bottle of wine and only drink one glass, or eat one of a packet of two (insert appropriate word) when I could shovel it all in at a single sitting.
    I am not going to spend the rest of my life depriving myself of foods that I enjoy. I appreciate that some foods are not as healthy as others, but that is where self control and moderation come in. I don’t want to fill every day with cakes and desserts, but equally I’m not prepared to live without them.
    I have made the ultimate sacrifice in giving up bread for Lent, in a bid to get my weight loss back on track, but as soon as Lent is over, I’ll be having a bacon sarnie!

Hi Amazon,

Yes, general over-eating was my problem too. And making sure I got my ‘fair share’ before OH ate/ drank it all!

I’m pleased I’m not fasting today. The mere mention of a bacon sarnie has me drooling 🙂

Apologies for that 😆

I love this thread. There are so many of us who are determined to lose/keep off weight, and we all have differing ideas about how we intend to achieve it. I admire those who are determined to give up sugar/meat/whatever permanently, I know I would not be able to do it and would be a misery guts, and have decided that the only thing I’m giving up is gaining weight.
    It is great that we can all respect each others ideas and opinions about how to go about becoming thin and healthy, and give advice, tips and support freely.

Hi Amazon

I think you’re right. I haven’t been here long yet I’ve only ever seen mutual support, encouragement and advice. Other forums I’ve joined, whether it be baking or crafts for example, inevitably seem to attract some cattiness and some not very nice comments.

I think I’ll stay 🙂

Morning all … yaaawwwwnnn … had a reasonable sleep last night and it’s up and at ’em time for me.

Have to admit that this last week was not good, even though I had 2 FD’s (b2b) I was just too too hungry last night and ate more than I would normally on a Thursday. Having said that I know what happened, I think I may be fighting off the beginnings of a cold or sinus issue from the way I’m feeling and the fact even though I know I’ve had “enough” to eat I’m extremely hungry and water/coffee whatever is not diminishing the hunger pangs. I’m feeling “stuffy” in the head of a morning the last 3 days but am okay throughout most of the day.

Sorry to be a bit of a downer but on the bright side, I’m up, I’m moving, it’s another glorious day (well it will be) here, I’m alive, and today is a brand new day 😀

I hope everyone has a wonderful FD/non-FD today 🙂 and I’ll catch up later.

CakeyWakey (CW from now if you don’t mind 😆 ) this is the most supportive forum I’ve ever been on as well, everyone is supportive and considerate with their responses. No-one deliberately makes nasty or unkind comments (let’s face it sometimes the written word can be misunderstood or misconstrued but I can assure you it’s never meant to be nasty or belittling or anything like that). Welcome to you and everyone else who’s recently joined us.

Hi Fast Trackers
    Nicky Emel comespring and Aussie O in South Australia Nama & Keirra in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA And Hello World (You know Who You)
    Bahah SAMM you da man of course I have had the odd sniff to ensure the state of microbial hazard 😆 I am however keen on trying a pickle with a red kidney bean chaser now that’s more my kind a thing 😆 Yes I did wonder if it was a given that once the maintaining begun I should have automatically removed myself from here and joined on the Maintainer’s but it came down to friends and family which you ALL are so this is my home of choice 😎 I did 4-3 basically for 24 weeks for a 26kg loss and now a holding of a 25kg loss. Couldn’t agree more that 2lb a week is achievable but week in week out its abit like footy tips Nama one crap round when everyone else gets 8 in the old or a 9 in the new and its all over 😳 this WOL is living life and having fun and experimenting with a study of one ..We have an Event yearly on here this weekend of old cars holdens fords valiants (remember them) and historic and classic cars to stationary engines a buy swap and sell event and a ripper of a name as well
    Pist N Broke and how cool is that fast friends and the majority of the traders end up exactly like it as well 😉 local bands on Saturday night the bars open fire buckets on bbq at the ready its game on. Ok team some Friday fun on POETS day or TGIF enjoy

You don’t know Jack Schitt.
    Who is Jack Schitt?

For some time many of us have wondered just who is Jack Schitt? We find ourselves at a loss when someone says, “You don’t know Jack Schitt!” Well, thanks to my genealogy efforts, you can now respond in an intellectual way.
    Jack Schitt is the only son of Awe Schitt.
    Awe Schitt, the fertilizer magnate, married Miss O. Needeep They had one son, Jack.
    In turn, Jack Schitt married Noe Schitt. The deeply religious couple produced six children: Holie Schitt, Giva Schitt, Fulla Schitt, Bull Schitt, and the twins Deap Schitt and Dip Schitt.
    Against her parents’ objections, Deap Schitt married her cousin Dumb Schitt, a high school dropout. After being married 15 years, Jack and Noe Schitt divorced.
    Noe Schitt later married Ted Sherlock, and, because her kids were living with them, she wanted to keep her previous name. She was then known as Noe Schitt Sherlock.
    Meanwhile, Dip Schitt married Loda Schitt, and they produced a son with a rather nervous disposition named Chick N. Schitt.
    Two of the other six children, Fulla Schitt and Giva Schitt, were inseparable throughout childhood and subsequently married the Happens brothers in a dual ceremony.
    The wedding announcement in the newspaper announced the Schitt-Happens nuptials.

Have a Great Weekend All You Beautiful Losers Peace RT

Wonderful stuff RT 😆
    You have a good weekend too 😛

AO, poor you if you are getting a cold. I’m always really hungry if I get one.
    I hope you feel better soon.

Lori pa.
    It’s my understanding that human body does it’s level best to maintain it’s weight current weight .
    What I’ve gleaned from Dr Mosely and another poster on this forum simcoeluv. Is that the TDEE on non fast days can make a difference short and long term.

I’ve been trying to lose 25lbs a year. So that I may lose 100lbs over four year. So far at the 2year mark im at 70lbs lost and am just chuffed about it. The only thing I can say is I believe in intermittent fasting a a weight loss method if were careful to stay near goal tdee calories on feed days. Also that when I use a 2lb a week formula for fat loss. 2000 calories of exercise and 5000 calories of food resrtiction. I consistently lose more than a pound a week . Meaning I’m happy to lose 5lbs or mor a month.

It’s been my personal experience that when I aim for 1lb a week I seem to lose and gain the same pound for a month or so and I start to hate stepping on the scale.

Cakeywakey
    I to have been other alternative diet plans . I must say I’ve enjoyed the flexibility of intermittent fast much more than all attempts to lose fat . I’ve lost weight of 30lbs or more 6 times over the last 20 years..
    My point is you bring a very good point for Intermittent fasting. Of course there is the calorie restriction of the fast days. However there s also the flexibility on the feed days to either relax with foods or as I have done slowly break poor food choice habits.
    Further , I’m happy to say I started using my feed days to explore what is doable for exercise . I was nearly sedentary when I started in march of 2013 and steadily increased my strength especially on the feed days.
    When I had become accustomed to 5:2. After 8weeks I started in with 4:3.
    Now I’m a regular 4:3 faster.
    I aim for 175 calories of exercise on3 fast days throughout the day, and 375 calories of exercise on feed days. I try to have two exercise sessions on feed days . It’s on the threshold of what I find doable.

Going to dinner to celebrate my family members last chemotherapy treatment!
    I’ll be ordering the healthiest fish they have as that’s keeps me on the healthy side of the menu when eating out with friends and family.

Will Katchup up posts later. Keep on keepin on!
    70lbs. 🙂 love my scale today!

Still have my November beard on. I’ll keep until I reach 80lbs just for fun.

Hello All,
    We are ‘Food Addicts’ and we need to acknowledge that ‘change’ is necessary and essential for our long term health. For me it is about permanent change, more veg, some fruit, fish in preference to meat. Avoidance of sugar and processed food. Yes this is tough but I believe it’s the right thing to do. If we don’t learn from our mistakes and learn about nutrition we won’t make progress. Education is everything. For Samm and I it’s not just about weight loss but longevity and prevention of cancer. I currently have three friends in hospital having surgery for cancer, two of these are younger than me, they neither smoked or drank but their diets were sugar laden.

Great game of bowls and terrific players from Woolwich, lost by 2 points but I played really well so happy. Our teams won by 50 points overall.

Made some squash and chilli soup that nearly blew my head off so I will need to tame it a bit next week when it comes out of the freezer.

Have a great weekend all, I am off to visit friends.

Fast Trackers,
    Here is a question for you: “why are you doing this? Were we here if we were there? Is it food, wieght or something else?

2nd FD tomorrow! I am ready to face the beast! Everything is in place. For tonight’s dinner, on top of my husbands who doesn’t need FD I preparred my 500cal splurge.
    1/2 cup quinoa and about 6oz chicken (lightened pan fried with turmeric and cayenne).
    That meal os for lunch and dinner! For breakfast coffe with almond milk.

Curiosity – have you gone to the doctor lately and checked your numbers?

Xoxoxox

Go SAAM! 70lb!!! Enjoy your fish dinner.

CW good luck with your FD, remember fasting gets easier, be patient.

Jojo you must be a mean bowler, so nice to win by such a big margin. Picturing you dancing with a broomstick too, now thats a skinny partner!

Thanks for Jack’s family history RT, very funny. Your car event sounds a lot of fun. Do you ever watch “Classic Restos” on SBS – Its a fantastic show and the host “Fletch” is wonderful. Hunt it out if you havent seen it. There is a classic car club at little Jamieson and the cars range from American tanks to even an old Rolls. It was actually the one driven by Peter Sellers in some movie (?) Every year a Hot Rod club comes to town and its all on for young and old. Finishes with a Grand Parade in the Main Street accompanied by live Rock music from the Pub verandah. Some of the cars are incredible. Even a few look-alike Teardrop campers too. Such dedication. I am married to a car nut, we both drove Triumph convertibles years ago, he had a TR4 and I had a TR3A. Boy I would be rich if I had kept it. But too hard to fit babies in!

I had another lovely early swim today, then to the market, home by 11.30 still no coffee. Boy it tasted good with my meusli! I envy you Northerners your bulbs, but Autumn is my favourite season too!

Amazon
    Thought I would share.
    I never thought to give up anything .
    What happened to me was when I was looking into the healing foods.
    I made a list and it’s substantial enough . I ordered it all and when it got here I hadn’t ran out before my budget window to order again. I didn’t untended to give up anything , just that I’m not able to eat up my supply of healing foods while on 4:3 +TDEE . The the fat is coming off , the muscle gain is being noticed by other around me. I’m finding it hard to want to go back to the high fat and sugar foods. But when in Rome I do enjoy the roman foods if you know what I mean.

Out of no where a piece of chocolate peanut butter pie was offered just under my nose. At first I was like AAAWWW COOTIES! But then I was all like it’s a feed day! Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.
    Just had to look it up the calories . It was tasty sure , but I got hungry again later. I’m so used to eating foods that fuel ,that the super sugar pie, wasnt worth the sugar spike. So I checked my off my planned treat for march already as Not very satiating. In my journal.

Made my red bean and chick pea hummus for my last meal at lunch time so that it’s fresh and well blended to my taste buds. Then I’ll come home and sleep to start off the next 27hour water fast. . Now eating the sweet peppers and slices of avocado, and a few dried apricots. It’s approx 675 calories total. But I’m not getting the hunger pangs till around 6-8 pm Friday evenings. I like to back to sleep after a warm dandelion tea around 9-11.

Can say enough about this schedu,e I’ve worked out.

I eat 5 dinners a week , but I observe 3 fast days two of which are 27hour watr fasts. It shouldn’t pan out like this. I’m not struggling!

Oh, RT, I love it!! Will just mention the other branch of the family, Shittless. You can fill in the first names 🙂

Welcome, Healthcoach. There are a couple of Kiwis here, but the bulk of the contributors are from the northern hemisphere.

AO, I reach for the brandy at the first symptom of a cold. It works well for me, just one mild one last winter – that might have been the benefits of 5:2, of course. Usually I have two or three, will keep you posted on the coming season.

CW, the support and enthusiasm is what keeps me here. I too am an interloper, probably don’t need to lose any more weight but am interested to see where this WOL takes me. It is for life.

I have spent the day painting the lounge ceiling – finally onto the second coat, which will be much quicker – while watching Bangladesh batting very well against us. We’re in the playoffs, but wouldn’t want to finish the round robin section of the competition with a loss, particularly after having done so well. Cricket, folks.

Always interesting to hear the reports on your study of one, SAMM, as RT would say.

Hi Amazon

I would have described myself as out of control with my eating, rather than greedy. For the last year since beginning 5:2 I haven’t felt any need to eat mindlessly. Intermittent fasting gave me back control over my eating two days a week. Thanks to Dr M. 🙄

Additionally, I haven’t even wanted to treat myself with sweet foods since giving up sugar four weeks ago. Sugar, particularly in combo with wheat and other grains, is addictive for me. And having some of it makes me want to eat more.

I don’t feel that I am giving up a desired object, but rather that an addiction is being brought to heel. Does that make sense?

I am rapidly finding that I want to trade that small satisfaction of enjoying the sweet treat for the greater feeling of being in control. I don’t feel deprived and I don’t long for Lent to be over.

I need to repeat that this is how I feel in the experiment of one. 😉 I do not even think about sweets or dessert or cake or any of the other so called treats. When I was detoxing from the sugar, I felt awful. I don’t want to feel like that again.

None of this necessarily applies to other people; but there are a lot of us out there. 😉 You know who you are, as RT says.

RT, huge congratulations on reaching your goal.

Cheers, Bay 🙂

PS. Fast Diet, my problem with posting is fixed. Thanks, B

Morning all.

Bay, I emailed JJ and he fixed the thread bug. Apparently it happens to all threads when they reach over 1,000 posts, and he applies a patch which sorts it out, but he forgot to re apply it after an update.

I think we are all determined to lose weight but have differnt limits to what we are prepared to do to succeed and to keep the weight off. I eat far less in the way of cakes and desserts these day. It started off as not being a good idea because of the calories, but I don’t fancy eating something like that anywhere near as often. It may reach the point where I never fancy a slice of pie or a bun, and if I do, then so be it, but I can’t see that happening. As I said yesterday, we all have different approaches to this WOL, and what is the most fascinating is that they all work.

SAMM, I think it is amazing that you are prepared to take 4 years to lose weight in order to change your diet and exercise yourself healthy. You are way ahead of schedule for the weight loss 😛
    You are a shining example of determination, patience and I salute you.

Jojo, it isn’t just about weight loss for me either, and I thought I would have to give up everything to succeed, but I’ve discovered that I can control what I eat for the majority of the time. Your drive and determination have inspired me to work harder at getting out there and doing more, and to keep on going when the weight doesn’t shift. As for being healthy, I believe that a balanced diet is the way to go. I’m not going to give up sugar completely, but I am exploring other ways of sweetening my baking in order to decrease the amount albeit small anyway, that I consume.

Have a great weekend everyone.

Today is the day I officially hit target. 59kg dead on.

Color me surprised. I never actually expected to make it when I set it!

With regard to being offered cake on birthdays, I have found myself accepting a very small sliver and then only having a little of it, like two small forkfuls, saying it is delicious but a little sweet for me… That way I have had some without seeming to be refusing to join in and stayed true to what I want… I don’t actually like cake anyway, particularly chocolate which I have loathed since I was a kid.

And chocolate ice cream, mousse, or anything else. Yuk! But give me a bar….

Having reached target I am due to go to a food festival today (!) so won’t be surprised to go up a bit tomorrow but not phased by that since this WOL is so easy once you settle into it.

Have a great day everyone, or night, morning, evening, whatever!

W

Oh dear, I am so frustrated. It has taken me this week to lose 650 grams! Following a fast day I lost 50 grams. I intend to persist but it is driving me nuts. During my time off I have generally covered the ten thousand steps. I swim once a week and have done a gym session once and occasionally twice a week.
    I have my trip to China looming and I had intended to be in the two digit scale. It cannot happen now so I am trying to reassess my goals. I suppose the positive is that this afternoon I thought I will have a glass of wine but I know one will turn to two and thenI will eat cheese and biscuits etc! So I left that urge and took myself for an hours walk.
    Notwithstanding I am feeling sorry for myself…… Grrr. So there is my vent. I will try another fast day tomorrow.

Emel, we all have these set backs, but if you were not fasting you would likely be gaining. Be proud that you are learning to control your eating and seeing danger triggers. I have a sociable weekend planned but will not be gaining weight during it, wise choices only.

Are treats really ‘treats’ if they delay you from getting to goal? I don’t think so. They are for some the way to make fasting palatable, myself included.

Keep exercising honey you will get the benefits in muscle and well being.

Watch non fast day calories they can undo fast days, remember healthy eating is the way to go.

I don’t think of us from different places on this thread, we are from that universal place of dissatisfaction with the former lifestyle choices which made us unhappy and unhealthy. We can and we will leave that place and help others to do it too. Shall we name it? Cakeville seems appropriate to our recent conversations. Utopia here we come!

Hi Emel – hang in there!! Well done on the cheese and biscuits, always a temptation for me too. I know that struggle at the moment, of miniscule weight loss (and inexplicable gains) despite rarely, if ever, going anywhere near TDEE on a non-fast day, and having around 350-400 on a FD. A plateau to rival the Gobi Desert right now, but I guess the alternative is to not fast and to be gaining. That’s NOT going to happen again so we stick with it, right?

I must confess I am here to lose weight, although the health benefits are a lovely by-product. Call me shallow, but if I didn’t lose at least some weight (however small and infrequent that weekly loss might be) I would not fast another day in my life. I find them very, very tough so they have to deliver more than the opportunity to live to a ridiculous age 🙂

This thread is great though, as people are so willing to cheer-on and encourage and I appreciate that enormously. Thank you kind folk!

Come spring,
    You may not believe this but it will become a habit just like brushing your teeth.

I never think about eating breakfast or eating after 7 pm anymore, I have been doing 19/5 for a couple of months now.

Trust me this is a big change for me after 59 years of “I can’t leave the house without breakfast- best meal of the day” sort of gal. I was also a couch potato in the evenings snacking from 7 pm until 11 pm- now nothing- I don’t even think about food in the evening, it’s bliss and it’s freedom.

Don’t get me wrong I still eat far too much for dinner ( large portions and speed eating I could get a medal for)and can snack between lunch and dinner but I am making progress, losing slowly and not gaining anymore. Also nearly all food is healthy variety. That’s all I ask at the moment. If I stuck with 500 cals on every fast day I would be losing 2 lb per week, I know that. Try 19/5 it is a powerful tool.

I did not enter the 19/5 idea as thought it was ridiculous from an evolutionary idea. But maybe I should experiment I tend also to guesstimate what my cals are on NFD so I can look at that aswell. Back to the drawing board.

Afternoon all.

The sun has appeard but it is chilly with a bitterly cold wind, so the extra walk is on hold.

Congratulations Weebil 😛

I worked really hard at the gym this morning and was ravenous by the time I got on the bus. During the journey I had decided that I was going to my local Italian for lunch and having a pizza and a large glass of red. I was halfway between the bus stop and my house when I realised that I had got off the bus and automatically turned left towards home rather than right towards pizza!
    I had my usual granola with berries and yoghurt and am going to have a hot cross bun with my afternoon cuppa.
    I am really struggling without bread and wine but I keep telling myself I can do it. Only another three weeks to my bacon sarnie!

Emel, comespring, despite fasting 3 days per week and exercising, I’ve lost only 8lbs since the beginning of the year which is very disappointing as I was losing 2lbs per week at the end of last year. As Jojo says, hang in there and the weight will come off eventually.
    Interestingly, I’m wearing a pair of trousers that I couldn’t do up a month ago, so I’m still shrinking!
    I’ve been doing 18/6 this week on non FS, and it has been fine. I don’t get home from the gym until after 12, and I’ve always eaten dinner early so it has been easy to adjust.

Viewing 50 posts - 7,901 through 7,950 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.