Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 11 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 6,351 through 6,400 (of 16,657 total)

• Good morning Fast Trackers,
    Well I am being a slouch this morning, breakfast in bed. What can I say, too many late nights in a row. Off for my two mile walk at 11 then lunch with my lovely daughter, she is buying, which means both my children have bought me a meal in the last week, it must be Christmas haha!
    They will be fishnet tights not stockings, my legs have a long way to go before I try them again, if ever. I do not want to look like a Beryl Cook picture, thank you. The dress is not too mini, just above the knee so it should be quite modest. I will post a photo on Fast Trackers Facebook Page.
    The meal last night was delicious, plaice on cabbage with wild mushrooms and chateau potatoes( posh name for roast potatoes cut into bullet shapes). Sadly we indulged on bread dipped in balsamic and oil first. I resisted alcohol and pudding though. The two piece band were great, singing songs from 50 ‘s to 80’s.
    The gym was not a great success yesterday, ribs still too painful to enjoy workout and yoga was too full for me to get in. Damn those New Year exerciser’s, but they will be gone by mid February. I also bumped into an old friend(now huge) and she almost did not recognise me, she was very, very impressed. I offered to help her but not sure she will take me up on it. Still we will go out for a drink sometime, if I can find a space in my diary. Yikes I am busy these days but enjoying every minute.
    I totally forgot to weigh in at the gym yesterday so I will do it tomorrow.
    Have a great weekend my cyber friends. So envious of those in warmer climes.
    Ply – glad you are feeling better.
    Samm – thanks for being a nutrition guru. Mwah xx

Hi Jojo,

It sounds as though life is good for you at the moment, and being busy seems to be the key. I’ve had a disappointing week as I’ve not been able to exercise for various reasons and my willpower has flagged as far as fasting is concerned. I’m out for dinner tonight and then doing B2B tomorrow and Sunday in an effort to get my body back into fasting, and I’ve a day of exercise planned for Monday which I am looking forward to.
    One of my friends has gained a huge amount of weight, I would guess 5 or 6 stones and she appears to have no intention of doing a thing about it. She knows I’ll give help and encouragement but we all know that you’ve got to want it, and be ready to work hard in order to succeed.
    Enjoy your weekend and please keep inspiring us with your energy and enthusiasm for this WOL.

Hi everyone, I’ve had a bit of a bad week, definitely haven’t put on weight but not sure if I’ve lost any, the scales and measuring tape will tell me tomorrow. I still find it very hard on the non fast days!

Nama, I’ve made a gluten free lemon and almond meal cake before and it was definitely very delicious and yes it did freeze very well. I’ve been meaning to make an orange and almond meal cake for a long time now, but I think I’ll wait until I lose a bit more weight as a little treat to myself! I can’t wait to try it!

Jojo and Amazon I know what you mean about wanting to lose weight. Everyone says they want to lose weight but very few want to put in the effort. They don’t want to lose weight enough to be willing to put in the effort, but they usually realise once they start getting health problems which is much harder to deal with than just weight problems. It’s quite sad and I really hope they realise what they’re really doing to their bodies because of their weight and diet.

I’ve woke up 90 minutes eafory.
    I’m so hungry I could eat anything insight.wont turn on the TV for fear of eating the remote. Just drank green tea with stevia, good thing I enjoy that liquid feeling as I trickles down into the empty belly.

all this talk about marmalade .
    ok i know orange pith is a third rail sort of subject. I mean newbies start disappearing .I hope not. Because im just stating what works for me.
    i have peel the orange with zest scraped off. Last night for tea. And have the wedges and the pith soakin in water in the fridge. Going crazy knowing their there.
    in the past I’ve tried toasted white orange pith. I’ll try it again this morning with marmalade. My marmalade is made with Splenda . So its low in calories.
    But more importantly not a source of gluten but is a white and crusty food. That can become a cup to hold foods or layered like a sandwich .

Mmmm tuna on toasted pith
    no intake now for 25 hours me thinks I would even the can the tuna comes in , but seriously , the pith seems more appetizing due to the hunger pangs.
    so im going to review my food lists and see which are are being neglected due to their flavor. And start getting them in the menu after these 27 hour fasts.

Reserving this space for a later edit. I find If I open the edit feature on these posts , and then bookmark them I can edit them for weeks. Even months later. What I remember is if I can toast the pith car fully the pith can become toast like in crunchy Ness and stiffness.

hoping this proves to become a 35 cal start on fast days.

congratulations Bayleafoz on 1 year of the intermittent semi fast way of life.

Hi Fast Fat Burners 😉

One year Celebration of Intermittent Fasting
    Please skip this post if you find it too indulgent. 🙄

Summary of my first year on intermittent Fasting. Thank you, Dr M. 😆

I read the book and began with basic 5:2 on Mondays and Thursdays.
    Learnt to drink 2 litres of water per day.
    Ate small amounts of protein to feel satiated, eg, egg for breakfast.
    Restricted sugars and processed foods. No pasta, no pizza, no starchy foods.
    Had one glass of alcohol four times a week.
    Chose to eat fish or lean chicken and lots of green vegetables. And lots of homemade vegetable soup.
    No grains on fast days.
    Full fat natural food. Flavoured with chili, ginger, pepper, olive oil, squeeze of lemon or lime.

Noted everything in a diary, including food, measurements, and exercise of any type.

Prefer fast days to other days, provided I drink 2 litres of water.
    Proved that to lose weight, I have to give up starchy foods, breads and sugars.

Day 1. Weight on 25 January 2014 = 77 kg. (170 lb). Size 16 clothing. BMI 28.7

Day 91. Weight on 25 April 2014 = 67 kg. (148 lb.) Size 12 clothing. BMI 25.4
    Lost 13 cm off waist, 4 cm off bust, 7 cm off hips.

Day 182. Weight on 25 July 2014 = 61 kg. (134 lb.) Size 11-12 clothing. BMI 23.
    Lost 17 cm off waist, 6 cm off bust, 9 cm off hips.

Day 365. Weight on 25 January 2015 = 60 kg. (132 lb.) Size 10-11. BMI 22.9
    Lost 19 cm (7.5 inches) off waist, 8 cm off bust, 7 cm off hips.
    Waist to Height ratio = 0.5.

As I fasted, I kept active with house cleaning, walking, golfing, washing floors, gardening. Anything to keep me busy and physically active. The more I fasted, the more active I became.

Had plateaus in weight loss during which I shrank in size. 🙄
    Learnt to love emoticons. 😉

I joined this website when I began maintaining, looking for support and tips, and ideas. I am very thankful to have found this thread and the people on it.
    Thank you, EFB 😆

congrats again Bayleafoz

Oh Bay what a lovely post to read! It is not indulgent, it is inspiring! Congratulations on your success, especially in keeping the weight off for so long. You have obviously mastered the principles of fasting and applied them to your own lifestyle perfectly. I still have some way to go, but I know enough now to know that your journey has not been as simple or as easy as the way you describe it. It has taken enormous determination and hard work and it’s so lovely that you are now reaping the rewards from that. As dear Purple would say, Go Bay! The long list of winning losers on these threads continues to grow!

Smiley well done Bay Smiley congratulations on a great achievement plus HAPPY ANNIVERSARY on 5 2 Smiley

Hi Samm, Nama, AO

Thank you very much for your lovely supportive words. 😆

I have animated emoticon envy, AO. 😉

Bay I think it’s actually AO’s new chickens waving at you!

Bay,
    thanks for sharing your personal journey with us, and well done Smiley
    Smiley

Spectacular effort and results, Bay! Thank you for sharing!

You will be rocking that LBD and skirt soon, Amazon! Come spring and others, keep trying things on or you will find that you have become too small to wear them on the way down! Just ask Wee, it’s a great feeling to get into something that has been impossible for a long time!
    Thanks for the orange almond cake recipe, Nama. I am going to try it, but peel the zest off the orange before boiling, and then blend it along with the rest. I think it will have more orange flavor this way. Will let you know the results!
    Happy day, everyone!

Woke up to snow here, good thing my run is scheduled for tomorrow! Today would have been my dear f-i-l’s 84th birthday. Family is getting together tomorrow to see m-i-l off to Florida for the winter. I am baking caramel pecan brownies in his honor, but I won’t eat any! On the menu today wild rice and mushroom soup!

Bay, congratulations on your 5:2 anniversary and your continuing success. Feels good doesn’t it?

Mine was a couple of weeks ago. Does this officially make us 5:2 veterans?!

I’ve decided I’m going to be like the Queen though (she has two birthdays) and have multiple anniversaries! The next one is April, which will be one year at goal weight, and then early June for one year at (or below) maintenance weight.

A birthday card arrived throught the post and I just had to open it (is it bad luck???) Two women sitting drinking wine and one saying to the other whilst glancing at what appears to be her watch “Look at that, I’ve already done 10,000 sips on my pedometer!” Smiley

My favorite kind of walking is taken by people that annoy me.
    Noel coward

Folate

Egg yolks, avocadoes, apricots, green leafy vegetables, and pumpkin are among the foods rich in folate. For meat eaters, chicken livers are very high in folate. Studies involving folate or its synthetic form, folic acid, show a significant reduced risk of colorectal cancer. Folate or folic acid ?is essential for the body to correctly replicate DNA.

I’ve made these foods priority. IMO if dna is correctly replicated in the first place then less errors will be needing correction in the second place.

combining the omega3 food list and the folate food list is enough to keep me satisfied on fast days.

Folic acid and folate are interchangeable terms for the same thing. It cannot be produced by the body and has to be obtained through the diet. Along with what you’ve said about DNA, it is essential for rapid cell growth, division and repair, and is also necessary for the production of healthy red blood cells and the prevention of anaemia.
    It is recommended as a supplement for women trying to conceive and during the first twelve weeks of pregnancy.

Hello all

I’ve had a good cooking session today – a big pot of turkey chilli at 222 calories a portion for the freezer, some veg soup for lunch and tonight pork chops with tarragon and cherry sauce on butternut fettuccini. I will be giving the Spiralizer it’s maiden voyage – can’t wait!

Samm – as always your post is full of such interesting information. It’s very reassuring g to know that I, and no doubt everyone else on this thread, am eating all the right things. This WOL seems to encourage healthy eating without any real effort. We just seem to automatically follow the right path. OK so we all have the occasional blow-out, (Amazon – don’t despair) but we all know what to do to rectify matters.

I got on the scales this morning after a good fasting day yesterday and I’m 1.5 lbs up. I hadn’t weighed since Tuesday and was out eating and drinking on Weds and Thurs, so it was my own fault. I’m telling myself it would have been much worse if I hadn’t fasted yesterday, and hope that a more controlled couple of days over the weekend (no social things planned) and a fast day on Monday will see some results. All that said, I had a nice compliment yesterday from someone I hadn’t seen for a while, who told me I ‘look amazing’, so not feeling too despondent.

Bay – what a fantastic achievement over the past year. I’m using you as my motivation to get the weight moving in the right direction again, as I’ve been hovering around the same since before Christmas.

Jojo and Amazon – it’s sad when you know people who are overweight and would so benefit from this WOE. I know several myself. I try to explain how easy it is, but somehow they get a mental block at the thought of drastically reducing their calories for two days a week.

For anyone reading this thread, but who haven’t tried it yet, do please give it a go. It really is the easiest way to lose weight without totally giving up the things you really enjoy, and the health benefits are enormous. A year ago I truly thought we would have to get a stair lift as my knees were so painful I had to haul myself up by the banisters. Now I am up and down without even thinking about it.

Have a good weekend all.

Smiffy x

Hi Smiffy,

I love getting in the kitchen and batch cooking tasty food for FDs, and I’m planning on eating a lot of what I’ve got stashed away over the next couple of weeks as I haul myself back onto the wagon. I’m not despairing as after losing 4st which was interrupted by regaining 18lbs and having to lose it again, I know that all will be well once I get going again.

I’ve been trying clothes on again today and there are a couple of items I really want to wear soon, so one of them is on the front of the wardrobe with the size 12 trousers.

Knees are very susceptible to problems caused by carrying too much weight, but they respond very well to having the pressure removed, and it is then easy to strengthen the muscles and ligaments that support them. The other thing is that if you have a knee problem the way you walk will affect your back, hips, ankles and feet so everything suffers.

I need to haul my lazy body off the sofa and think about what I’m going to wear this evening. At least I’ve done the ironng so there is plenty to choose from, rather than the not so distant past when it was a choice between the huge blue elasticated trousers or the black pair, and finding a shirt that would do up over my stomach!

Good evening my friends,
    My plans were cancelled tonight as my friend was unwell. Not too upset as I am feeling very tired. Walked three hours today.

Gym tomorrow with a friend, we are staying all day including lunch. Tomorrow night I am going to a Burns Night Party, should be fun, wish I had a tartan outfit. Might even visit the shops in the morning, see what I can find.

Fasting Monday, Wed and Friday next week.

I am really hoping that I am pain free next week because I really need to get back on my schedule.

Bay
    Fantastic job and Happy Anniversary 5:2
    I think that makes 5 of us on this thread that have been doing 5:2 over one year.
    Incredible
    Correct me if I am wrong?
    Post your one year story too, we all need inspiration.
    Jojo xx

Terrific work Bayleafoz! 😉
    Time just rolls on once you’ve mastered this wol.
    Thanks for your continued sage advice and chatty news. You are the sort of reason this forum is so effective.
    Off you go into your second year …. no stopping a little thing like you now! Your Aussie mate Purple x

Loved the card A! 😆 I must get that ap for my monitor 😉 P

Hi Ply, Amazon, Happy, Jojo, Smiffy, and my tiny Ozzie mate Purple. 😉

Huge thanks for your kind words. 😆 it makes a big difference to have support from like minded people.

Loved all the animated emoticons. 🙄

I look forward to celebrating each of your anniversaries, as they pop up. 😆

Happy – congratulations on your fabulous weight loss and your anniversary. Would you like to post your own summary for us?

Cheers, Bay 😉

Morning all, such a wonderful day here so far. A little bit of cloud cover but also lots of breaks in them too. Hoping no rain at least while we’re out with puppy today.

The “girls” arrived yesterday, only the Isa’s though (6 of them) as the others weren’t quite ready yet (too young/small as I wanted point of lay chooks), spent quite a bit of time with them yesterday which was nice, as did the granddaughters who were learning how to calmly stroke them.

I don’t know about anyone else here but I am often amazed at how easily the weight is coming off and how quickly. I just had a moment where I thought WOW, it’s only around 17 weeks and I’ve lost 15kg … and as I keep going this way, with luck I’ll be at goal weight around my 1 year anniversary as I know there may well be weeks with little to no loss but others where the losses just keep coming 😀 .

I’m glad we’ve got a public holiday tomorrow as I sure could use a little rest this weekend. My OH says why don’t you sleep in a bit, I try but I just don’t seem able to get past 5 to 6am although today I did make it to 6:20am so maybe tomorrow, but then tomorrow I want to spend quite a bit of time with the “girls”.

Jojo have a great time with your friend at the gym 🙂 don’t forget to weigh so you know where you are with things.

Smiffy I know from experience that that gain will get lost again very soon. Amazon your big about the find a shirt that would do up over the stomach is very me, hence I ended up with T-shirts or that type of pull on top, but even then it sometimes was a struggle to find one that wasn’t like a straight jacket, 😆

SAMM great info re folate/folic acid.

Wee hoping we find you fit and well again 🙂 I keep meaning to ask how’s your dad doing?

OH is up now, catch up later 😀

I’ll compose an essay for our 2 year anniversary on 24th April.
    Interestingly for us Aussie, Bay, you started the day before Australia Day, we started the day before ANZAC Day. Do humans do regular reassessments for holiday periods? P

Smiffy.
    I agree with the experience of not having to give up what I love, but I slowly found new things to love eating that are most beneficial in their categories.

like dates i love eating dates. Find very few negatives .however for the calories prunes nutrition are much better.

Heres other info to keep in mind.
    Someone close to me said ” just be glad you don’t have to through what im going through. I was wasn’t trying to be cold but replied “someday I will.

Many things i can do to put it off. But not many as front and center as my diet.
    No smoking, no alcohol, fasting, best food nutrition uptake, exercise, detox.

Salmon, pumpkin, carrots, broccoli.
    Next 27 hrs fast begins at 9 pm and ends 1hr before returning to work. Which will be 9 1/2 hours of walking and pushing.

longed fasting also protected against toxicity in a pilot clinical trial in which a small group of patients fasted for a 72-hour period prior to chemotherapy, extending Longo’s influential past research.

“While chemotherapy saves lives, it causes significant collateral damage to the immune system. The results of this study suggest that fasting may mitigate some of the harmful effects of chemotherapy,” said co-author Tanya Dorff, assistant professor of clinical medicine at the USC Norris Comprehensive Cancer Center and Hospital. “More clinical studies are needed, and any such dietary intervention should be undertaken only under the guidance of a physician.”

“We are investigating the possibility that these effects are applicable to many different systems and organs, not just the immune system,” said Longo, whose lab is in the process of conducting further research on controlled dietary interventions and stem cell regeneration in both animal and clinical studies.

Heres part of my reading

Good evening all you lovely people . SAMM thanks for all the great information. Jojo I hope you are feeling better and I would love to see a picture of you in the 60’s gear 🙂

AO I am glad you have the chooks . I bet the granddaughters love them .
    We will have another go with dad tomorrow but I think I will phone first and if he is still in bed I will go down and try again on Monday . I know he won’t remember but I love to take him out for a wee drive and a chat. He will be 97 on the 11th February .

Not sure yet if I have lost anything this week . I feel I have stuck BUT the inches are still coming off and that’s the main thing .

Today I bought LOW FAT cottage cheese by mistake 🙁 . It had no taste and went in the bin . I know this sounds a bit mad but 6 months ago I would probably still have eaten it .

It is a friends birthday on Valentines day so they will get the lovely Deluxe chocolates that are still untouched in the cupboard . I am such a good girl lol 🙂 .

Good night all and keep up the good work . .

Wee xx

Good evening Fasters,
    My advice is to re- invent yourselves. Start from scratch using a healthy diet. See all toxins as damaging to your bodies. Alcohol, sugar, processed foods, drugs, smoking are all toxins and will poison you. This all sounds very harsh but if you want to success and become the person you want to be this is the way forward quickly. If you want to do it slowly include some toxins but limit them.

Exercise is a must not for weight loss because calorie restriction will do that but for toning and the feel good factor. Start slowly with moderate walking, then add burst of faster walking. Try to get up to 15,000 steps per day. If I fail outside( rare these days) I will finish these at home using stairs, trampoline or bouncing on my exercise ball.

My energy levels compared with this time last January are at least 4 fold, admittedly retirement from teaching last July has helped me partake of more exercise. My most successful dieting however was when I was working. Socialising has its drawbacks and holidays( for me) have been down right disastrous.

What I am really saying is ‘look forward’ not back, don’t think about what you can’t eat any more but what you are eating now which will benefit your bodies. I am still a long way from goal but I know I will get there and I will help others that want my help. It’s miserable being fat, it’s so much better being a normal size, it will be truly amazing to be called slim one day.

Lecture over

Be sensible, be healthy, be kind to your body.

Weemam,
    Add chilli to low fat cottage cheese next time, 1/4 spoon should do a whole tub.
    Jojo xx

why are my novels not showing up 😥

Evening all.

I’m just home from a very nice dinner with a good friend. We both love Caribbean food and had to try the restaurant that opened locally about 4 months ago. It was fab, lots of lovely rum based cocktails to choose from and a varied menu. We decided two courses only and went for main and dessert. It was really good food and plenty of it. The service was great, and the music had us wishing for a dance floor.
    Oh, and no service charge.
    I’ll definitely be going there again 😛

AO,
    New Chooks, sounds exciting, your own eggs!
    I have cuddled and stroked a chicken my friend owned, her name was ‘Silky’ she was a very good layer but hid her eggs all over my friends garden. She even laid them in the kitchen on occasion, how convenient is that? If you lay them with their back on your hand they relax and lay still for some reason, most strange.
    Jojo xx

Amazon,
    Sounds like we have a date for Friday evening when I visit, I love Caribbean food.
    Jojo xx

Jojo I do put chilli powder in my cottage cheese .. Thanks pal . .I have just bought chilli flakes , would that work too ?

I have led such a sheltered life food wise . I have never had foreign food except when we went to Rimini . I am quite jealous of you all with the different foods .

Wee xx

Hm Purple

Interesting theory 😉 I started on 25 January because OH was away, and I could get two fast days under my belt before he returned. 🙄 I was pudgy from Christmas holidays 2013 and then I read the book in January 2014. All systems go from then on!

Cheers, Bay 🙂

One of those challenging days for me.

I hope all my harping on the health food isnt making it seem harder than it is. There some really good stuff to eat. Doable health foods! Just been at this for 22 months so as ive taken on the challenge of learning what each and every recommended vitamin and mineral are in the foods i choose. Compared to other things in life. Its actually the simplest list to memorize and learn. I mean I’ve had spelling tests longer than these.
    As start to see the superstars of nutrious dense foods .i start seeing favorite foods that ive always enjoyed before i knew how good they were for me.

The suprising thing for me is when i go on break. Quickly say I’m going on planned breaks from now on because unplanned breaks can become decades long.
    while on break i get to be free to eat whatever i desire to my hearts content. Its very telling to see if the foods ive been eating from my menu are still what i want when im free. Because if i understand the concept correctly. When i reach goal i should have already switched to a maintenance menu that is satisfing. Enough not to return to eat the poor diet foods that contribute to a unhealthy way of eating.

there so much info out there.
    But until we actually make that effort to buy the foods and find ways to to enjoy them in the right measure . Well what can i say . I felt trapped in an obese body that i was convinced i would not be able to change.

how empowering micheals video was to me..
    Wether i exercised or not i could lose fat.
    So i tried.
    then as the weight coming off .choose to strengthen the enough to simply stand up again for three hours and felt like i was going to die.. more weight came off.i started using a pedometer and started walking around the block and walking my girl to school.
    still a few more pounds.
    decided to jump rope again. Got good enough with the 5:2 to move into 4:3
    decided to look into the other premature death risks and make small efforts everyday and try to get it all to add up.
    I never ever thought I could be this strong.
    loading trucks at 46 , skipping rope for ten minutes easily now.. I can easily walk 30 miles in one day .sleep and do it agian all week long . No kidding I come home and I’m just potatoish on the couch. But the kid comes home and I need to keep her engaged in what is doable for her. I’ll be the one who keeps on keepin on. I keep on looking up how foods effect health. I see it as a very easy way to keep on improving and looking for ways to make my diet taste better or become more beneficial.

Like today.
    learning that seedless grapes are just not got the super factor that seeded grapes have.

Just saying I’m absolutely confident ill make goal.
    I have the understanding now that there no reason to settle for anything less.

Y’all inspire me deeply sometimes

RT you might find a text app that backs up you writings. I know I lose posts to . But I ramble on so much Y’all ain’t missed much anyways!

ok going for hot Wasabi deviled eggs. I now mix up the skip jack tuna into the whipped yolk. Turnip green s apple and more carrots. Will graze on grapes till 9 pmthen fast for 27 hours.

I’m expecting to see results on the scale this month.
    I’m In fat attack mode.

I’m with smiffy
    i prefer to cook on saturdays.

http://www.engineeringtoolbox.com/food-ph-d_403.html

save this food ph score list into bookmarks

I havn’t heard from my SA friends Nicky and Emel i hope all is well and you got a coffee at windy point if you could afford it 🙄 and i am still sooking over losing my award winning novel this morning to just quietly NOT HAPPY JAN 😆

RT try pressing the <- arrow up the top, I’ve done this and “found” my stuff before, another alternative is to press CTRL+A, then CTRL+C that was if you HAVE lost it all you have to do is, in the “Please enter your post in the form below” box press CTRL+V and voila there you have it all again 🙂

Well, Bay, I’ve learnt today that surfing, then wearing crocs to hike up and down lots of beach stairs totally st**s your repairing ankle/foot. Back to good joggers and socks and resting with it up in the air. (: Bu***r.
    Saw a pod of dolphins today from our verandah. SO joyous!
    And Oysters in the Vineyards is a pretty neat way to celebrate a long weekend. P

AO thanks but Nup no joy 😈

Hi Purple,

Funny you should say that, my recovering achilles gave me hell after lots of barefoot beach walking on Friday! Oh well, just one of the disadvantages of not being 20 any more.

But there are plenty of advantages of being 62. Like the freedom of retirement. Like not having to get up to crying babies at all hours. Or not having to interrupt every meal while cajoling a fussy 3 yr old to eat. And not having to go to work when you really don’t feel like it. Or having the confidence to be assertive with people who need it. Mm…. Sounds like I am trying to make myself feel better about old age!

Funny thing is, I actually feel younger and healthier than 5 years ago. Maybe 5:2? As with Smiffy, knees heaps better with 12kg gone. Self confidence up. Would never have believed I would take up swimming for exercise, and love it! Have always enjoyed good food, but perhaps limiting the treats and having heaps more vegetables is actually making me feel better?

We have just returned from a lovely Yum Cha lunch with family and close friends and although I did eat well, I can fast tomorrow and reset…..why didn’t someone think of this years ago?

RT I hope your IT issues resolve, we miss your novels. And I hope Nicky and Emel haven’t blown off windy point!

Hi Smiffy

If you stick too long on one weight, maybe try giving up processed carbs for two weeks. For me, it seems to jolt start the weight loss and inches loss mode. 🙄

Purple, so sorry about your ankles, knees etc. I feel your pain. 😮 Patience, patience, please! 😉

Cheers, Bay 🙂

Morning/evening all.

Day one of B2B FDs. That’ll get me back into the routine :fingerscrossed:

Purple, rest that leg. Sit on the verandah with your foot up and a glass of vino and relax.

RT, I’m sorry you lost your epic, please try again 🙂

Nama, so glad to hear that you are enjoying swimming, it really helps if you don’t find exercise a chore, and the pheromones it releses make you feel so good!
    I feel healthier and am fitter than I’ve been for many years, most of my aches and pains have disappeared and I don’t want to go back to being as I was any time soon.
    I’m going to try Bays tip and cut out processed carbs completely for a couple of weeks.
    SH friends, enjoy the rest of your long weekend and have a greet Australia Day tomorrow. X

I love the sound of Wasabi devilled eggs but I doubt I could stop at just one!

RT that’s a bugga … as Amazon says please try again as we love your epics 😀

PVE please take care of your knees and ankles, take the time to recover fully as it will pay dividends later 😆

Bay, great suggestions re cutting out processed carbs.

Chooks have settled in well now, tomorrow they get to go in their outside area as well as having access to their sleeping/safe quarters 😆

Get to have the granddaughters again tomorrow 😀 so will make craft stuff ready tonight so that they can have some fun making some cards or other items.

Nama I hear you re feeling younger/fitter than a few years ago more much energy but still once I stop after running around after the grandies I’m ready for a “nanna nap” 😆

Hi Weemam
    Chilli flakes are fine but be careful of the quantity you add.
    Trust me I was not raised on spicy food but acquired a taste for it in my late teens when I started to eat Chinese food. I now eat spicy food daily and find it very healthy and tasty. You might want to try Harissa and Garam Masala to spice up stews and baked dishes. Go gently with the quantity and remember all spices are best cooked to release aroma, not just added before serving. Cook in a tiny amount of oil or butter.

RT I find using emoticons make my text disappear that’s why I don’t use them. May be an iPad thing?

Good morning all,
    Feeling very flat today after my boring Saturday night, never again, I prefer to go out, even if only to the cinema. Dreary staying in to rest. Off to the shops soon then gym. Ribs still uncomfortable but I will see how it goes.
    Weighing in today, see what damage I have done with all these meals out in the last week. Really don’t trust these new scales, they jump around daily, totally unreliable.
    Fasting until lunch today then again until the morning, making up for excesses of the past week, although much of it has been healthy salads. Bad foods were bread, toast with ginger marmalade(last night) and about 30 Brazil nuts( really bad binge).
    Have a good Subday everyone.
    Jojo xx

Hello all

Amazon – you will be into those size 12 trousers before you know it. Like you, my choice of clothes before starting this WOL was very limited. In the end it was reduced to one pair of black all-purpose trousers and top. I would wear different scarves and jewellery to try and make it look a bit different. These days the dilemma is making the choice, and it’s such a good feeling.

It is very interesting what you say about weight affecting knees and how well they respond to pressure being taken off them, as has happened to me. I have a very dear relative who is around 17st. Last year she had a kneecap replacement and she is due to have the other done next week. I’m pretty certain that if she had done something about the weight she would have avoided surgery. I don’t think her medical advisers put much emphasis on that aspect, which is a great pity.

I love my Spiralizer! The butternut noodles, which were then roasted in the oven, were lovely, and I experimented with making some baked rosti potatoes. They tasted really good, but needed something to hold them together so next time I’ll mix in a very small amount of flour. Thanks for putting me onto the website Ply, I’m now in danger of spiralizing everything I can lay my hands on!

AO – glad the hens are settling in. We kept some until very recently and I loved them. It’s amazing how they all have different characters. We had to let them go to a neighbour when we began spending more time in Wales, so although I miss them, we at least still have some of the eggs.

SAMM – you are incredible. The correlation between fasting and the effects of chemotherapy is something I’ve not heard of before, but if further investigations prove positive, it could make an amazing difference. There seem to be no end to the benefits of this WOE.

Jojo – that was a great piece on summing up the basics of what we should be aiming for. I’m reasonably ‘clean’ in all aspects except I do like my wine – mulled or otherwise! Have a good day today.

Nama – I’m so with you in the advantages of being rehired! And like you, feel so much younger since I’ve lost the weight. I also feel incredibly well at the moment. Long may it continue.

Bay – thanks for the advice re carbs. I eat next to no processed foods, very little bread and no rice or pasta now that I have my stock of Zero products. I do have the odd potato but not often. My problem has been too much socialising and not paying too much attention of what I am choosing to eat on those occasions. I’ve had a ball, but I am taking myself firmly in hand from this day forward! It is my birthday at the beginning of April (just missed being an April Fool lol!) and am aiming to have lost at least 10 lbs by then, which will bring me into the next stone down.

Positive mental attitude! That’s my mantra today, although OH is cooking roast beef tonight……..!

Have a good day/evening all.

Smiffy x

Viewing 50 posts - 6,351 through 6,400 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.