Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Lose 2 lb per week – join Jojo in this quest

This topic contains 16,527 replies, has 252 voices, and was last updated by  Bob23 11 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 6,401 through 6,450 (of 16,657 total)

• I have been on this W.O.E almost a year .i have lost a stone ganed some back and again lost steady at 160lbsnow..The scale get stuck and doesnt budge for long.I can see a lot of inches have come off for sure.I would like to join in for for month, be more sincere in my efforts and lose at least 6-8 pounds.starting on a serious effort from tomorrow.Look forward to support .thanks.

Hi RT

When I posted my epic I wrote it separately. And then cut and pasted it on to the thread. If it’s too long I think one gets timed out.

Cheers, Bay 😉

Hi jojo58 and all on thread, just popping in again to say i get lots of ideas and motivation from the conversations & stories on here, Smiffy really inspiring & it all makes its dooable. Heading into my 4th week since 5th Jan. Well done on the weight losses-amazing!!

Thanks guys. I was whisked off to a fabulous dinner by the river as the sun set. Stunning evening. 28 deg @ 9 pm.
    I surfed again this afternoon but my galant OH drove me down so I didn’t have to hobble up and down stairs. You can’t keep me out of water! More tomorrow.

On Australia Day (tomorrow) we celebrate the raising of the Union Jack at Circular Quay, Sydney, on Jan 26 1788. The flagpole is outside my OH’s office! Cpt Arthur Phillip had just completed unloading the whole compliment of convicts on the First Fleet. It is also called Invasion Day (understandably) by many Aborigines.
    Cheers P

Hi Lessismore and Bigmarie

You have come to the right place. All the ‘regulars’ on here have had success with 5:2 and are full of motivation and inspirational advice. Good luck both. Do let us know how you progress. x

Yes, positive mental attitude for me too Smiffy.

I used to run a service that included a fancy new type of scanner. We received a lot of referrals from orthopaedic surgeons who had performed a knee replacement that had not been successful. 95% of patients were female and 100% were obese. The pressure on the knee replacements was too much for them to cope with IMO. That was in the back of my mind when I gve up work, given the fact that I had already undergone two surgeries on my left knee and that it had been swollen and painful for months. I get the odd twinge in it now when the weather is cold and damp, but apart from that, it is fine, I can wear my heels now too 😛
    I wish I could post some images of normal knees and knees damaged by obesity to show you all, but you’ll just have to take my word for it 😉

Amazon I wish you could post those pictures! My arthritis in my knees flares with hot and humid weather, but this Summer it hasn’t bothered me yet and I am certain it’s due to the weight loss. This time last year I was wearing a brace on one knee just to cope with the swelling and pain so I reluctantly went to a surgeon for an opinion. (Nurses usually avoid Doctors!). His opinion was that I needed two new knees ASAP but didn’t mention losing weight. I guess he needs to feed his family! I know I haven’t cured the arthritis or fixed the age related wear and tear, but something is very different without those 12 kgs! And I can’t wait to see how they are when I have lost another 8 or so.

Once you’ve lost some more weight you could try some muscle strengthening exercises to help support your knees and you’ll see further improvement.

Thanks Amazon, good point.

Just started the 5:2 diet on Friday and would love to lose 2lbs per week.
    Going to give this a go, I’m currently 13 stone 12lbs so will hopefully drop a couple of lbs by next Friday
    Count me in!

Hi factus8
    My advice is if your not in a hurry to lose weight?
    To learn intermittent fasting as not a quick fat loss yoyo weightloss.
    What I mean is just go with the 1lb a week approach until you are successful for 4-6 weeks in row.
    After that as long as a health professional agrees , folks could start with 4:3, ADF, and much more exercise. Though I’ve lost a lot. Over 22 months Ive kept off 55lbs so far. But I take planned breaks. My goal is100lbs over four years. So on weeks where I striving for 2lbs
    I try 1 1/2 lb of calorie restriction with 4:3 over 1 weeks time, and 2,000 calories of exercise. Skipping rope is my goto exercise, but I walk ALOT at work.

Best wishes.

JoJo.
    Thinking of you this morning. Looked this up . Hope it helps.

Brazil nuts have the highest source of selenium, so they are great IMO  for vegetarians that don’t each meats. However they can be a cause for too much of good thing.
     I spread my nuts out over 3 types  a lot of almonds 
    7 walnuts a day
    1/2 brazil nut, no more than 1 per meal.

I love to eat meat, but don’t trust enough to buy it ground up like hamburger.
    And my opinion on animal fat is it can be a tax on the immune system. So I don’t eat at each meal 3times a day. I eat beef or chicken only for my last meal of the day as dinner only 5 nights a week.   This was an easy change in my diet I made 15 years ago.  However after watching dr moselys videos  I was reminded of the importance of fish. So I eat a lot more tuna and salmon for lunches. As turns out. I had become diabetic and find that if  only consume carbs in the morning  before going to work, any spikes that occur come down to the healthy range within hours.  So eating nuts and fish have become a staple for lunch .  Though I know it would be best to eat the bigger family style meal  as my first meal, it’s just part of our family time for now. So I try to keep my dinners under 500 cals on feed days and do cardio exercise tentatively if more than that.

Here’s my copy and paste from web about brazil nut toxicity.

Q. My wife is always telling me not to eat so many Brazil nuts. The last 10 days I have eaten more than usual, up to six a day. I probably ate at least 40 nuts. I estimate that batch contained up to 6 mg of selenium, which is way too much.
    I have noticed a metallic taste in my mouth. That’s a known symptom of selenium toxicity, so I am going to stop for a while and not OD in the future!
    A. Your wife is right about not pigging out on Brazil nuts. Brazil nuts are high in selenium and an ounce (roughly half a dozen) provides 800 micrograms. That’s about double the US recommended tolerable upper limit. Overindulging regularly could lead to selenium toxicity. Symptoms may include a metallic taste, garlic odor on the breath, hair loss, brittle nails, fatigue, nausea, rash, diarrhea, runny nose, cough and nerve pain. Selenium-containing supplements are another potential source of this mineral.

CHILIBOB SEPTEMBER 27, 2013 AT 8:45 PM Reply
    Some people get freaked out about possible ingestion of radiation. Most people know bananas contain the potassium isotope (naturally occurring). What they don’t know is that brazil nuts contain 5 times the level of bananas. The element in the spotlight here is Radium. Look it up…

Well I also lost a long post late last night. And then lost the will!

I’m with Bay on the evils of refined carbs. Although I have had egg and bacon for brunch, with an English breakfast muffin, yesterday and today… Oh, and some flatbread last night to mop up dhal, with a spoonful of rice to mop up the curry… 🙂

But, my digestive system is not thanking me for it now and I feel puffy (that’ll be the water).

Monday to Friday without processed carbs (or alcohol) I feel leaner and sharper, and can lose weight pretty easily.

Interestingly, the ‘experts’ recommend that if you feed your hens treats/ extra rations you don’t give them much refined carb (although they love pasta!) as it makes them fat (and they won’t lay) and interferes with nutritional balance which can potentially be fatal (eggs need a good strong shell if a hen’s going to expel it, if the shell is weak and can’t be popped out or breaks inside her she’s in serious trouble).

I know we’re not trying to lay an egg every day, but it makes me think if too much is bad for my girls it can’t be good for me either!

So I now see refined carbs as an occasional (weekend!) treat…

Good topic.
    refined carbs . The good, the bad, and the ugly truth.
    I’ll make another post with references, but I stay away from the stuff . Basically it has both sugars that gush in combination with sugars that trickle. Like pastry I mean.

Hi Happy,
    I ate bread on Thursday, Friday and yesterday as well as going out for dinner last night, and I certainly noticed it this morning.
    My FD has gone well, a combination of keeping busy, feeling bloated and determination to get back on track this week.
    I am looking forward to how I’ll feel when I get up tomorrow, and I’ll also breathe a sigh of relief that I don’t have to worry about the state of my egg shells 😉

Hi Amazon,

I’m fine with occasional refined carbs, but not several days in a row or more than once a day or if it’s the main ingredient of the meal.

Glad to hear you’re having a successful fast. I think sometimes you need an unhealthy reminder to get back on track!

I guess if we were younger we might be concerned about the health and structural integrity of our eggs… 🙂

Im grossly overweight but started jogging feb 14, I could only manage 100yds then had to walk a bit, by April I could do a mile but my knees were bug***ed! started taking Glucosamine and cutting out the downhill sections, within in a month my knees were good, dont know which worked maybe both, and now jog 2-3 miles, walk any downhill bits,Ive only lost 10lbs in a year but my heart rate and fitness levels have improved considerably, starting 5+2 on Tues hopefully I will shift more weight this year.

Hi grrr

Jogging on the road is known to be very hard on knee joints, so no surprise that you had problems.
    I take glucosamine/chondroitin complex as I have arthritis and it has made a huge difference. I used to suffer from a lot of pain in my thumb joints which has virually disappeared. It doesn’t work for everyone though.
    5:2 works but it takes time.
    Good luck.

Happy, the bread is home made so there is no cr*p in it but it still causes bloat.
    Did I mention the banana fritters I had for dessert last night Smiley

Hi Fast Tracking EFB’s
    Nicky nicky08 Emel comespring and Aussie O in South Australia Nama & Keirra in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA and Hello World (You know Who You) 😆
    Happy Australia Day to Us 😆 A fast day today so let’s get the party started with a black coffee black tea green tea water and a little rebellious in the afternoon a zero coke or a diet coke I know you’re thinking what a thrill seeker yes 😉 ?? and you would be soo right 😳 😆
    Peace RT

RT, you’re really pushing the boat out with those celebrations today eh?!

A fast day for me. I have set a goal for ANZAC day so it will be from one national holiday to the next. Life has been a tad ordinary. I am tired of the recovery process but there are worse things to contend with. This will be a sad week for me- a friends ten yr old daughter died a week ago with a sudden virulent virus. It just does not make sense. Anyway funeral on Wednesday , the same day as another friend who died suddenly. I will go to my girlfriends daughters funeral – the other is in Ballarat so could not attend both either way.
    Mmmm refined carbs has been my downfall for the past week. It really is an insidious addiction.

Thanks Amazon

I have mild R.A. and Id noticed an improvement with that so I will keep taking the glucosamine and of course the anti-inflammatorys!

Welcome to Factus and Grrr there’s a lot of information in here.

We are here with the aim of losing 2 lb per week but have become friends in the process of our journeys. Some have been here for a long time, some of us not so long.

What many of us have found along the way is that to get where we want to be we need to make some small changes. We are very focussed on keeping to our FD (fast day) limits, to begin I started getting under 600 calories for a FD, then down to 500 now I have 400 or less. Some of us also have found that we find it better to have one meal on FDs rather than trying to split it into two or three small meals. Remember to also count the calorie content of anything that passes between your lips on a FD be it cordial, milk (in coffee/tea) or whatever. Another quick tip is to work out what your goal weight BMR and TDEE will be and use those as your upper limits (eventually) for non-FDs as well as for FDs. Since doing this and using the 18/6 timing for eating I’m losing more easily than even before (and believe me it has NOT been hard).

Please also share along with others here.

HI EMEL!!! Good to hear from you although I feel for you regarding the funerals and that this is happening while you’re still recovering from surgery, cyber hugs for you from me.

Hi RT, Happy Australia Day to you and all us Aussies (including all our honorary ones in here 😆 ) I started my Aus Day with a couple of glasses of water, soon to be joined with a long black coffee (no sweetener required).

Time to move and groove … catch up later … ciao for now, AO xx

Hi Grr I take Glucosomine/chondroitin like Amazon, but have noticed a real difference since losing 2.5st.

RT – Boy, you know how to live!

Emel – my heart goes out to you. What sadness you are dealing with at the moment.

Hi Fractus. Nice to see another new member. Good luck with 5:2. You’ll find the support you need here.

Amazon – I think you should be appointed our exclusive joint/muscle advisor. I’m hoping you will give Jojo and me some practical demonstrations when we meet up!

Hi gang
    I too am a big fan of glucosamine and krill. My joints play up terribly in our humid summers, but have improved out of site with regular doses. P

Morning all,

I think it’s time to say a very big Happy Birthday to Amazon!! (Though she is probably asleep at present, difficulty of having cyber friends in different hemispheres) I hope you have a really lovely day Amazon and are suitably spoilt by your many friends.

Speaking of celebrating, RT be careful! Don’t want the boys in blue picking you up for overindulging in the drinks! You may get too high on all that caffeine!

Emel I am so sorry for your sadness this week. Wednesday will be hard, I think a child’s funeral is absolutely the saddest occasion possible. Your friend will certainly need you in the coming weeks and months. It doesn’t seem fair does it?

Purple I tried krill a few years ago with no improvement, but have just restarted it and hoping for results in conjunction with the weight loss. Bought enough for three months, so that’s a good trial.

Smiffy I have been googling Spiralizers and following your adventures with yours, sounds interesting. I had zucchini pasta again last night (hand sliced) and it’s so yum, yet under 300 cals with a healthy bog sauce and tiny bit of cheese. Not fasting yesterday but needed to compensate for earlier Yum Cha.

Interesting to read about chooks having problems with their egg shell integrity Happy, ouch, poor chickens! Made me think of a duck I met years ago with a nasty prolapse, the vet I worked for inserted a lovely drawstring type stitch which did the job, poor Jemima. But re the egg shells, it really makes you think about us being so reliant on the micro and macro nutrients in our food and the fine balance required. SAMM has made me more careful with Brazil nuts too!

Yes yes AO sound advice right there for free that’s right readers for free 😆 for our new losers on team Jojo I only wish I had taken a ‘selfie’ hey but never did I regret not doing that now 😥 perhaps something in that while measuring up so to speak 😆 another great tip re using goal TDEE and also putting forward the 18/6 window I have ramped it up to 19/5 now 😉 a one up man chip a man thing you understand 🙄 Baha yes Nama I take your point I always tell my boys to NOT mix their drinks ie start on beer stay on beer not a heap of other booze and yet here I am today I take a diet coke and mix in a zero coke with a green tea and a black tea some water and black coffee what a hypocrite I made your orange and almond cake i topped it with a lemon cream cheese frosting the grand kids are most impressed I love it and y-fee suggests its like a café cake if you will them ones at $12 on tiny plate type 😆 Emel nice to see you have checked in however I also recognise the sadness and tragedy of life thinking of you. HappyNow undecided if I will water the beverages down with the addition of ice standby for that snap decision impulse if you will…. Smiffy when the going gets tough the tough get going 😆 my Dad heard that song years back and thought it was go and get stuffed he was a little bemused by it all to god bless him now Amazon happy birthday poppet have smashingly fab time with peace love and happiness
    RT

RT so glad you enjoyed the cake. Your wife is right, it’s just like the $12 a slice in cafés! Never met anyone who didn’t like it. I made it for a 90th birthday cake last year and covered the top with fresh roses, it looked gorgeous. Just be careful with that ice!

Hello All,
    Gosh it has been busy on here, quickly skim read post but will read properly tomorrow.
    Welcome – Grrr, Factus8, LessisMore and anyone else I may have missed from the previous pages. You will find this thread friendly, chatty and informative, enjoy.

I had a great time at the gym, took a non-member to an open day. We used machines, swum both indoors and out, used the Turkish Bath and Jacuzzi, it was great. We had a plain salad with balsamic dressing after our exertions. My friend may join up and we will train together over the next three months. We both plan to lose at least a stone in that time, actually I am hoping to lose more. Just to finish our lovely day out we went clothes shopping. I got some very classy boots in Next reduced from £60.00 to £17.50, they look great, maroon brushed leather.

Really enjoyed my ‘Burns’ night special, it was great. But far too much food consumed, haggis, neeps and tatties, cabbage plus irresistible rhubarb crumble with custard. So that wiped out any calories burned off today. Oh did I mention the two gin and tonics and a wee nip of Chivas. Ock the noo, what di yer Doo.

Tomorrow is another day and I will be exercising most of it. Ribs still hurting sadly so limited on movement, doing what I can though.

I think I am going to need to take the pledge again, I really can’t spare the calories for drinks.

Happy Monday all, nearly the midnight hour here and another Fast Day cometh.

Emel I can relate. There are times when life seems so cruel. Then i turn to matters of my diet and seems so self absorbed when i talk about it next to the other trials close to heart. Very glad for jojo , this thread , the site , and the book and video from our kind dr.

every month that goes by seem.s to get better. If not on the scale, in the jeans, or in my joints and strength.
    Even just seem to enjoy my food or at least appreciate it more. Very glad to hear from you keepin on!

Hi all.

I’m up late watching tennis. I see it is raining in Melbourne today.

My birthday is tomorrow so I’ll save your kind wishes for then 🙂

RT, I’m glad the cake was enjoyed by all. it really is a winner.

Emel, a big hug.

Emel, love and positive energy sent your way, and to your friend. How heartbreaking.

Hello all

RT – when you go and get stuffed the stuff get going…. I love it! I didn’t mix my drinks last night but did have rather too much wine. Got to haul it all in today – thank goodness it’s a fasting one. Whatever happened to the PMA (Positive Mental Attitude) that I was preaching about yesterday!

Jojo – sounds as if you were as bad as me! I didn’t have pudding but more than enough alcohol to make up for it. Today is the first day of the rest of our lives, so it’s a new slate, new resolve. Glad you had a good Burns Night. The boots sound fab!

A boiled egg for me this morning, maybe a cup of Bovril at lunch time, and a portion of the turkey chilli I made the other day for supper. Trying out the Zero rice for the first time. With 20 packs in the cupboard, I hope I like it!

Have a good one all

Smiffy x

Hi Fast Tracking EFB’s
    Nicky nicky08 Emel comespring and Aussie O in South Australia Nama & Keirra in Victoria Bay in ACT PVE in NSW WiWi & Barata in NZ and Jojo SAMM HappyNow Amazon Herm Lizzy Ply Tartan lass Smiffy Lor_PA and Hello World (You know Who You) 😆
    Happy Australia Day to Us 😆 A fast day today so let’s get the party started with a black coffee black tea green tea water and a little rebellious in the afternoon a zero coke or a diet coke I know you’re thinking what a thrill seeker yes ?? &you would be soo right 😳 😆
    Peace RT
    Yesterday’s missing chapter
    Happy Sunday people all is right in the world of forum I see now Bay that is a good news story straight up the detail and records is masterful a pleasure to read how amazing is it to KNOW that with this WOL each and every one of us here will achieve and have a statement of completion like yours without using 100% green coffee beans,garcinia camgobia, fat blaster, fat blaster magnet pills powders meal replacements shakes a foam box of meals etc etc etc etc or a combination of them all…:oops:
    this above all else; to thine own self be true. Get on board and stay on board the IF revolution and time will take care of the rest again thankyou Bay you little bloody beauty for being an understated leader of the fast community at Jojo’s..now comespring you had me at hello YOU are going to make tomato sauce,tomato relish and passata and can make marmalade wow I have 2 prospective daughterinlaws on the scene at the minute (but there have been a few just lately) who have zero kitchen goddess skills whatsoever and would struggle to remember to take the roast chook out of the plastic bag and off the black soaker pad before putting in the oven that they reckon they have pre warming except it is the grill on and not the oven 😆 no idea 🙄 Jojo this talk of mini’s with fishnet stockings has me thinking I must get hooked up with the crew on facebook 😉 SAMM crikey I don’t know what sort of telly you Americans run but after you have had one remote mate you will want em all trust me 😆 Nama yes ‘wheres me steak?? I giv it a dog’ gets a fair old flogging around our house and not forgetting he kissed me stretch marks 😉 y-fee is off to pick up the grandies for a sleepover tonight and public holiday tomorrow so im keen to have a crack at that yummy orange and almond cake thankyou for arvo tea I will put a lemon cream cheese frosting on now AO please take a bow 17 weeks and 15kg down for good and loving life you know in a past adventure I would have lost 1.5kg and hated everyone and everything 😈 those days are gone when you look good you feel good and I like what im seeing fast friends 😆
    Peace RT

Yeah Yeah my missing post has got through the dark side 😆
    May The Force Be With You 😉
    Thank you Admin
    Peace RT

Morning /evening all.

Another FD for me today, and I’m off to the gym later. I did well on the rowing machine, bike and treadmill last time but only 7 minutes on the X-trainer. If I can do 10 I’ll be very happy 🙂

Smiffy, I’m interested to know what the difference between zero noodles, which taste of nothing, and zero rice is. Don’t get me wrong, they are a great filler, but they need to be covered in something with plenty of flavour.
    I hope your FD flies by.

Have a great day/evening everyone.

LOL RT what a ripper 😆 yes, I’m with you re past adventures, after struggling for a couple of months to lose 2kg and not enjoying even one minute, this way seems to just melt it off me.

Had comment from niece last weekend about my loss and told her briefly about this WOL but could see the shutters coming down so just said to research it for herself to see if would fit her lifestyle 🙂 that way leaves the door open for her to approach again later.

Had the granddaughters over for the day today, we did some paper crafting, in that they made a card each, stamping every inch of it, while I quickly made them their own special paper bag, duly decorated with hearts all over 🙂

Semi-FD today but not strict at all as tomorrow is my real FD, just trying to minimise any damage from the long weekend (had sausage sizzle at club yesterday) a soft drink and too many useless carbs (ie bread)

Catch up with you all tomorrw even if only briefly as I’ll maybe snooze a bit too long in the morning and have to rush everything 😀

Cheers,

AO xx

First week done and 1lb heavier but………… I know where it came from.

I need to be more careful about “you can eat what you want on non fasting days” as I forgot the within reason bit and have only myself to blame.

I am doing 4:3 this week as penance and making a note of the cals on NFDs

This diet works for so many people and I don’t intend to be left out!!

🙂

Smart

Something I thought up but have no reason to say so take it or leave it!

When im injured and need to heal. I will not be fasting.
    Or at least will keep upto my maximum amount of protein requirement unrestricted.

Good morning fasters,
    Emel, very sorry for your friends loss.
    Amazon- we will need to celebrate your birthday a bit late but we will do it in style.

Really overslept today, no idea why?
    Just a quick post as Monday is full on exercise for me.
    Dog walk along the coast, ballroom fitness, yoga, gym then a break before 2 hours badminton. Hope my ribs don’t cause too much of a slow down.
    I have decided that I am going to push myself a little more because I now have a holiday target for May. I have just agreed to join a friend in Turkey for 10 days. It’s fully inclusive and we all know what that means. However I am determined to look good in a bikini by then. Stomach crunches join the list of exercises, heaven help me?

Have a great week everyone, remember the 1 kg target, switching to metric up’s the anti by .2 of a lb me thinks. You can do it! Go, go go !

Smartsmart,
    You can get the fat off with a good positive mental attitude and the skill and honesty to evaluate and publicly announce where you went wrong.
    I know you will succeed at this way of eating.
    I expect you to be 1 kg lower next week, me too of course.
    Go girl?
    Jojo xx

Good morning, Fasttrackers! Happy as always to hear from everyone about ups, downs, and in-betweens!
    Smart art you have the right attitude…if it isn’t working as you want it to, figure out why and make the necessary adjustments. You will succeed!
    I am happy to report that I am back to my all-time low after a long break from 5:2 which included pretty much whatever I wanted to eat or drink for an extended period. My fastiversary is coming up in March, and It would be nice to get to my original goal of the 120s by then! Ditching the wine and carbs and bumping up the exercise should do it!
    Major blizzard expected to hit beginning later today, possibly over two feet of snow expected. Will probably have a couple of days off from school, which is unfortunate! We really just got our momentum back from Chritmas break 3 weeks ago, and we have February vacation coming up beginning the 14th!
    Happy birthday, Amazon! Is it Tuesday already where you are or not?? I am no good with time change! My birthday is Saturday…we are fellow Aquarians!

Only started the diet on Friday, had 2 consecutive fast days (Fri&Sat) and ate normally yesterday.
    Weighed myself in work this morning and have lost 2lbs already.
    Just a question about my TDEE.
    The figure I got seems very high, should I really consume 2689 calories on non fast days?
    Your BMI is: 29.3Y
    our BMR is: 7259 kJ / 1735 calories
    Your TDEE is: 11251 kJ / 2689 calories

Factus NO you don’t have to consume that number of calories … that is the MAXIMUM and should be a lot less. Question for you, what is your GOAL TDEE and BMR? Work on those figures once you’ve got “into the swing” of things, ie in a little while (see following) but have the numbers ready. I would suggest eating up to your BMR to begin on non-FDs and get down to 500 calories on FDs (eventually down to no more than 400). Once you’re consistently there without effort THEN start working down to your GOAL numbers. It took me about 3 months to start using my Goal numbers and I only did that as when I was told about it, it made sense to me and since then I’ve been regularly losing 2 lb. Also make sure to drink lots of water (or black tea/coffee, or herbal/green tea – no sugar but there are some sweeteners if needed that are apparently not too bad, I can’t say from experience as I don’t use them). What I do if I think I’m hungry I drink a LARGE glass of water, wait for a while and if the hunger goes away next time it comes around I do the same again. Try it and see 😀

Wow! RT – you thrill seeker. 🙄 go, man, go 😉

Factus

Have you read Michael Mosley’s book on 5:2 Fast Diet.? It gives a good idea as to the theory of why and how to live this way of life. He states 500 calories for a female and 600 calories for a male on a fast day. And four times this amount as a maximum on a non fast day.

You can reduce the amount, if you want to lose weight, once you’re used to a fasting routine of two days a week.

Cheers, Bay 🙂

Thanks Jojo, I intend to be!

Actually it’s Go Boy! But not having a profile, now rectified, you weren’t to know 🙂

Afternoon fast trackers.

Just home from the gym and I’m very pleased with my second day as I’ve done a total of 65 minutes which included 10 minutes on the X-trainer. I’ll be aiming for 15 minutes next time. The gym instructor suggested 30 minutes total but I guess that was a conservative goal as he has no idea of my fitness level.
    I’m really enjoying it and am feeling very motivated after almost a week of inactivity.
    I’m not going to swim until my ear has been syringed on Wednesday as I don’t want to make it any worse. I’m still deaf in it which is useful when watching tennis as I can’t hear the drivel being spouted by some of the commentators 😆

It is amazing how fit some of the other members are considering that several of them look to be well into their 70s. I was watching the Prime Time workout class through the window and the teacher was really putting them through their paces. It has made me even more determined to get myself as fit as I possibly can.
    Despite drinking lots of water I’ve got a bad headache so I’m glugging away.

Jojo, I’ve already had one celebration on Saturday, I’m spending the day with my best friend tomorrow and we’ll definitely be celebrating. A third one when I see you and Smiffy sounds good to me, so you’d better not take the pledge just yet 😉

ply, it’s the middle of the day here, 12:45, so not just yet, but thanks anyway fellow Aquarian 😛

Smartmart, I agree with the others, read the book, get used to fasting, and then reduce the calories when you are ready. Your body will let you know when you can do it.
    Good luck and great to have another boy on board to keep SAMM and RT company 😉

I AM SOOOOOOO HUNGRY TODAY 🙁

Thanks for the welcome and valuable advice everyone, much appreciated.
    Just had a run on the treadmill when I got home from work and just about to have some home made soup. 🙂

OK So it’s working but I have plateaued already… is that normal? first weigh in was a loss of 1.8kg… which seems quite big and I was extatic about! then I weighed in again after second fast day and I was just the same… Go through the weekend OK … Lots of exercise … On a fast day today… just had a miso to get me through to dinner is that aloud? Going to stick within 400-500 for whole day though, fingers crossed for a bit of a drop tomorrow.

Viewing 50 posts - 6,401 through 6,450 (of 16,657 total)

You must be logged in to reply.