Little Voices – Mindfull March

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Little Voices – Mindfull March

This topic contains 91 replies, has 18 voices, and was last updated by  chipmunk13 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 42 posts - 51 through 92 (of 92 total)

• Feeling miserable again πŸ™ have spent the day sneezing and i mean most of the day. If not sneezing, coughing and mopping a constant running nose grrr! I hate having the cold!
    I have the deliciously ella cookbook and make batches of her granola but have not tried this dessert. I did try her alternative to icecream but it didn’t quite cut it with the family. Will try not to put any weight lost back on by mindful eating – such a good choice of words TTL

Poor CODA! It sounds like you have a bad dose of flu. Lots of fluids, chicken soup, broth, and rest πŸ˜€

Oh dear Coda, sounds like you are having a rough time. This too shall pass. As Chipmunk says, lots of fluids, chicken soup and bed rest will get you back on your feet again. When you do start eating again, try leaving out carbs, and not eating big portions, this will ease your stomach back into accepting food but staying smaller, and give yourself some nourishing proteins and natural fats, to build yourself up again. I take a double dose of Probiotics when I get ill, this boosts your immune system and will get you back on your feet quicker. However you deal with it, I hope you feel better soon.

We are fasting today, so just dinner for us. OH has joined me in not eating breakfast or lunch, and says it’s easier for him too. We both get the hunger pangs around 4pm, but it’s easy to then wait a couple more hours to eat dinner.
    Fish for us tonight, and we get such lovely salmon in Scotland so we eat a lot of it. This is a Banting recipe from The Real Meal Revolution book:-

Serves 4
    BAKED SALMON WITH LEMON, BACON AND TOMATO
    220g good quality bacon or pancetta, sliced into lardons
    100g butter
    200g Cherry tomatoes cut in half
    1 large lemon, zested and juiced
    1 cup white wine
    1 big handful torn basil
    1 kg. side of salmon (or 4 salmon pieces) Skin on, bones out.

Preheat oven at 180C (Gas 4)
    SautΓ© bacon in the butter till it crisps up.
    Add tomatoes and lemon zest, cook till they take on some colour
    Add wine and lemon juice and reduce down by half
    Add basil and stir, remove from heat.
    Place fish in a greased ovenproof dish and spoon the tomato mixture over it.
    Put in oven for approx. 20 minutes. If the fish flakes easily, then it is done.
    Serve this with a side salad.
    One portion works out to approx. 250 calories.

I have rather a lot of veges in the fridge so I will be cutting up into chunks, tossing in a little melted coconut oil with seasoning and a good pinch of thyme. Put this in the oven, turning occasionally, until veges are soft and slightly charred. (About 30-40 minutes) This will add approx. 250 calories per serving, although I will only have a small amount to keep to my 360 cal allowance for a fast day. Energy efficient too as two dishes can be in the oven at the same time.
    Enjoy.

On the MFP app today, home page, there is a sidebar : WHY SCIENCE SAYS SUGAR IS BAD FOR WEIGHT LOSS : Worth a read. TTL

TTL yes I do have MFP and use it on FD days, however I think my NFD are my problem.

Mindful March has me being mindful of what I am eating and why, I not always hungry and if I can go all day without food there is no reason at all that I cant wait between meals…..sigh. My downfall is cheese and we (me really) don’t always measure and weigh the amount you hack off the block of cheese in the fridge and eat it before the fridge door is even closed.

It’s a NFD for me and I’ve logged everything on MFP and so far for breakfast and lunch plus 3 pieces of fruit I have eaten a grand total of 739 calories, that has surprised me. OK yes it still leaves me with enough for my evening meal which I’ve not decided yet.

So the moral of my story for me to listen to my body, don’t eat for the sake of eating and when I do eat log everything in MFP

I often wonder that myself Jayne – how come on a fast day I can do without (99.9%) and yet on a NFD that resolve can crumble so easily?

Thank you all for your caring thoughts πŸ™‚

I am reading ‘fat chance’ at the moment – not far into it but I feel a sense of awe for our bodies – the process from putting something in our mouth to how the body processes it. Really amazing how it all works without us even having to think about it. How it takes what it wants, how it releases hormones etc when required and in the quantity needed. How much abuse our bodies can cope with and how it adapts – incredible!

So TTL have we a drum roll yet – do I need to get the CDM ready? I am eagerly awaiting your news.

Hi everyone, it’s been a long time. I totally dropped the ball in feb with checking in. I did complete my fast days but I have been over doing my non fast days. So my weight has not changed and I could use a little more slimming with summer season fast approaching. I love going back to the basics and the recipes. Looking forward to keeping up with the posts this month.

TTL your Scottish salmon must be a lot lower fat then ours! 250gm comes in at about 330 cals and 150 Gm of wood roasted hot smoked at 450 for 150gms😬😬

Chipmunk, I noticed the same thing, and thank you for posting that. I read the article about sugar at MFP which I found interesting and useful. But I became irritated by another blog post there that seemed so misleading and was trying to calm down first. MFP also had a recipe for a “low carb” tuna salad, but the picture showed lettuce (carb), cabbage (carb), red onion (carb), green onion (carb), peanuts (high in fat and protein, yes, but also….carb).

The “low carb” tuna recipe looked like part of a healthy diet and very tasty too. A traditional mayo tuna salad, to which this recipe is billed an alternate, is actually likely lower in carbs, depending on your ingredients. So why label this recipe low carb when it doesn’t really appear that way? The punchline is that it’s really hard to find consistent, reliable information.

With the salmon, calorie content probably varies from species to species, what the fish ate/was fed, and also the preparation method. One site I reviewed briefly implies that, gram for gram, even salmon cooked with dry heat has more calories than the equivalent amount of raw. Maybe not a surprise, but I never really ‘hurt my head’ thinking about that before!!!

And the only reason I’m paying attention is that I just bought 8oz smoked sockeye for my upcoming FD meals. The label says 2oz/56g is 70 cals, so 250g would have ~350 cals, though that would be a really big serving of smoked salmon. The fish is good and probably fairly healthy, and I’d hope the label is at least semi-accurate, but who knows? All any of us can do is to try our best to be faithful to our FD goals.

And in the meantime, I can’t wait to try TTL’s recipe, FD or not. It sounds absolutely amazing! ST55

Yes it does sound good SWEET but with 100 gm butter, 220gm bacon, a cup of wine and the salmon I’d make it a special treat! I find our NZ salmon very rich and that does make it easy to eat a smaller portion, but I do love it!🐟

Waving flags, drum roll, whistles blowing and right now I’m polishing my halo! wait for it………….
    8 stone 13 3/4 pounds!!! Bypassed the 9 stone target altogether! Chuffed as hell, and if I can do it, you all can do it!

Am about to take my measurements then have to rush off to work.

Sorry about the previous recipe, will explain later today. Have a great day everyone. TTL

TTL πŸΎπŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸΎπŸ‘πŸŒΉπŸŒΉβ­οΈβ­οΈ And any other celebratory emoticons! woohoo and well done. I expect to see the LV maintenance thread starting soon and can’t wait to join.

Woo hoo TTL well done you fantastic!! You are truly an inspiration! Send you a virtual bottle of bubblyπŸŽ†πŸŽˆπŸ”ŒπŸΉπŸ·πŸŒž

http://media.vam.ac.uk/media/thira/collection_images/2008BT/2008BT7635_jpg_ds.jpg

This is for you TTL – WELL DONE YOU – now don’t be going out and having a slap up meal to celebrate. So you are now official – Been there and DONE IT – we are following in your wake and will join you sometime – wait for us but do continue to shout encouragement from your tower. It must be a lovely feeling – I am so pleased for you.

Calling into the shops on the way home to get salmon for tonight’s dinner – you are inspiring!!

That’s great news! Congratulations TTL!
    This month, you’re the one who deserves the medal!
    Well done!

🎀 Celebrate good times, C’mon! 🎀

Thanks Coda for the medal – have printed it and it’s hanging on the wall to remind me of the great feeling I’ve had all day today. If I can do it, anyone can do it. Thanks all for the good wishes. It’s a great feeling.

At the risk of boring you all, thought you might like to know my stats:-

19th Jan 2015 started 5:2
    I am 67 years young and 5ft 1inch.

Weight 10st 11lbs – now 8st 13.3/4 lbs
    Bust 38″ – now 37″
    Waist 38″ – now 30.5″
    Hips 42″ Now 38″
    Neck 14″ Now 13″
    Thighs 25″ Now 22.5″
    Calves 14″ now 13″
    BMI 28.5 Now 23.8
    TDEE at start 1598 cals now 1435 cals
    Cholesterol was 5.81 and next week will check with doc to get new blood test.

I feel pretty pleased with myself, however, now comes the hard part – maintaining!!!
    I am so used to fasting now, I have decided to stick with it during March, to give myself a buffer and see where it leads. Come April I will try maintaining but will be reading Dr M’s book to see what his recommendation are.

Now, apologies to all with the confusion re the last recipe:-
    I copied this out of the Real Meal Revolution cookbook forgetting that they recommend a low carb, high fat diet, which I tend to follow. They don’t show calories with recipes.
    However, when I check the calorie count on MFP, I reverted back to what I eat myself, which is 4 oz. of salmon fillet cooked this way is approx. 250 cals then I had Roasted root vegetables – 1 cup approx. 82 cals which is where I got the total calories from. Of course it depends on how much your portion size is, but I am guided from MFP. So – sorry again for the confusion. I have duly slapped my wrist and shall try harder next time!

Jayne.Lizzy – Try using the MFP app for your non fast days, and log in after at the start of the day what you know you are going to be eating if possible. Then you know how many calories you have to play with during the day. I found this the easiest way to cope with NFD food, at least then if I had a piece of cake, I would leave out the Potatoes/rice/pasta with my main meal to allow for it.

Very late cooking a meal tonight so will sign off on this auspicious day!Β¬ lol.
    Sweet and sour pork for us tonight, no rice for me, but a nice glass of chardonnay!! Cheers all TTL

HI BILLYB
    I read January and February little voices – did you post your weight loss results for February? I’m new to 5:2 too and saw your results for January, was curious about February .

Just caught up on posts.
    TTL – congratulations – that’s fantastic news.
    stepped on the scales this morning for my weekly weigh-in. another 2lb gone. actually looking forward to my fast days this week to settle things back down after our weekend away. It was great to be able to enjoy loads of outdoor time in dry and sunny weather for a change – it just lifts my spirits so much and feels like Spring is finally on the way

Where is everyone this month? It seems very quiet on the forum. I am pretty much on track, have completed 4 fast days and a couple of sort-of fast days. Still have 4 more scheduled for the rest of the month so am quite happy, though I’m away from home most of the month so haven’t been able to weigh in. Will report in on Monday next.

I was thinking the same Chipmunk, very quiet this month. Are we all taking a break, or just don’t want to admit we are probably overeating???

I have googled the word mindfulness – and it has thrown up a good explanation …..
    ‘Mindfulness is a mental state achieved by focusing one’s awareness on the present moment, while calmly acknowledging and accepting feelings, thoughts, and bodily sensations. By being fully present in this way – not forcing things or hiding from them, but actually being with them, we create space to respond in new ways to situations and make wise choices…………………’

It is very easy to overeat without really thinking about it. How many times have we all eaten a big main meal, but always made room for the sticky toffee pudding, or ice cream, and really force it down. Remember the feeling afterwards when we are so bloated and lethargic, we can hardly move off the chair??!!

I am no angel, believe me, but I am now more mindful of when my stomach is full. I often eat a main meal, get 3/4 way through and say to OH, phew, I’m full, I’ve had enough. But I can’t bare wasting food, so will press on to the end of the plate to finish it. I don’t always have dessert now, as I accept that my stomach really doesn’t need any more food, but will sometimes have a piece of fruit later. This has come about by getting to know my body, and how it works. Mindfulness for me, plays a big part in 5:2 and how to read my hunger. It really is a case of just being aware of how your body feels, and changing your reaction to those feelings. I fasted yesterday, and struggled mid afternoon. I had carried an apple into work with me. I acknowledged that I was really hungry and the feeling that I had in my stomach. But once I got busy at work, and my mind was busy with other things, I totally forgot about what my stomach was feeling and the apple, and ended up putting it back on the fruit bowl when I got home three hours later!
    My fast day ended up on 390 calories, and the little I had gained over the weekend has disappeared again today. Just being mindful of your body, and keeping busy to take your mind off food, will help get over the hunger pangs any day, not just a fast day. Try it sometime, just be aware, and try to change your reaction to it. It works for me…

Anyway, here is another recipe for you – hope you enjoy it. It’s from Mimi’s recipe book again.

LIGHTWEIGHT COTTAGE PIE
    Oil for spraying (I use coconut oil)
    250g extra lean minced beef
    1 large onion, diced
    2 carrots peeled and diced
    2 celery stalks, finely chopped
    1 400g tin chopped tomatoes
    2 tbsps. tomato puree
    1 tbsps. Worcester sauce
    1 bay leaf
    1 teaspn thyme leaves, chopped
    S & P
    300ml boiling water
    2 beef Oxo cubes
    500 g Celeriac, peeled and cubed
    100g Half fat Crème fraiche (I use full fat)
    1 tspn groundnut oil
    2 young leeks, trimmed and sliced

Oven at 200C/400F
    Spray or wipe a large pan with oil, and brown minced beef. Add Onion, Celery Carrot and soften for 10 minutes.
    Stir in chopped tomatoes, puree, Worcester sauce, Bay leaf, Thyme, S & P, Oxo cubes and water. Bring to boil, cover and simmer for 30 mins, stirring occasionally. (If there is a lot of liquid in the pan, I would thicken it with a little cornflour to make a nice thick sauce)
    Meanwhile, boil celeriac (I steam mine) till very tender. Drain and mash with crème fraiche till smooth. Heat oil in pan and gently sauté leeks then add to the celeriac mash. Pour beef into ovenproof dish, top with celeriac mixture, bake uncovered for 20-30 minutes till top is golden brown.
    I have made this using mashed cauliflower as the topping, it works just as well, and a little less work if you’re busy.
    Enjoy… TTL

Sorry – should have added to the recipe – it feeds 4 and each portion is 243 calories. TTL

Hello TTL I am still here!! I have been really busy with work so I have had no time to post. My weekends have also been very busy, mostly working as well! My husband is starting a new business so I have been helping him get it off the ground. Anyway today is a fast day for me 4th one this month – still on target for March.

Hope everyone is enjoying the spring weather and looking forward to the clocks going forward next weekend! I cannot believe it is Easter – it is so early.

Happy fasting one and all πŸ™‚

I’m still here too, sorry I’ve been awol

Very busy at work and this is usually when I get a few minutes to look at what everyone is up to.
    4 fasts done this month with another 5 to look forward to, yes I do look forward to them in a strange way, I like the feeling of being in control of my body.
    TTL I use MFP on my fast days but now I have been using it on NFD as for me it’s a good idea for me to keep track of what I am eating (being mindful)

JFitzy yes Easter is almost here we don’t have any plans to go anywhere and work is closed for 4 days, I think my husband is hoping to work on his car and me in the garden.

On Mindfulness, one very important habit I’ve learned through Weight Loss hypnonsis tapes (Diane Ulicsni, if anyone is interested) is “put your utensils down”.

Between each bite, put them down. Do not put more food on the fork. You cannot taste the food on the fork. You cannot taste what’s on the plate. Taste what is in your mouth. Enjoy what is in your mouth.

It really slows me down and makes me much more mindful about what I am eating.

My little voice is Diane Ulicsni’s …’put your fork down’.

Hi all, sorry I havent been logging in, I have completed 5 fast days so far this month, and my steps are up to 11,000 a day. The weather here has been awful, very warm and humidity levels very high. As I am a water carrier, I feel extremely bloated all the time and feel very tired, consequently will power is at a low and I look and feel like a mitchelan man! I am not going any where near the scales until weather starts to get a bit cooler and then Im constantly running to the loo! Its very hard not to succumb to eating when I fell like rubbish and then if I do over indulge, it makes me feel even worse, and as this is the time of year that my weight sky rockets regardless of what I do, I have to be so careful, or else Im losing the same weight over and over. That being said, I so look forward to fast days, I feel a lot better and love being in control. I now have to learn to be in control on TDE days as well and plan my meals the same as on Fast days, thats the key. I think my problem of overeating is that I have to be in control of everything else, paying bills, running a small business, looking after my husband who is very naughty as far as food is concerned, cooking, cleaning etc. and sometimes its just sooo much easier to give in and blow out on food. I am also a procrastinator, and if theres a boring job to be done, Id rather sit down and have a coffee and biscuit rather than lift my game! so Mindful March is good for me to stop and think about what Im doing to myself.

Heres another chicken recipe I tried last night, I so love using stuffing mix on chicken and pork as I find them very bland. Mix up some stuffing mix as directed and put some on the bottom of the roasting dish. spread stuffing mix on some chicken thigh fillets, wrap them with a rasher of bacon. Place them on top of the stuffing mix and roast for about 30 mins with vegies. It only takes about ten minutes of prep time and the quicker Im out of the kitchen with all its temptations, the better!!

Sorry no recipe today folks. Been kinda busy.
    Out of the blue I got an invitation today for an interview for another job!!!
    So took myself off, and came away with a part time job. I now have to decide whether to keep the one I have (It has a lot going for it, but am finding it boring) or to go for the new job, which I know will suit me better, but will mean more travelling and longer hours. Uh Oh! I now have until Friday to decide what to do. On the one hand I am smiling as it feels good to be needed at 67 years old. On the other hand, I feel a bit like I would be letting my original work colleagues down. Oh well, I will decide come Friday.
    I have kind of blown the day! It’s amazing how my resolve goes out the window when something is on my mind. Did well with a ham salad for lunch (but had a bowl of chips with it). Then was too full for dinner tonight so had baked beans followed by a piece of fruit cake!!! How dumb is that! I was still at 9 stone on the scales this morning and will be fasting tomorrow, so hopefully There won’t be too much damage done!
    JFitzy – Sounds as if you are very busy too, but great work sticking to your fast days. So looking forward to spring and bought a load of primulas in flower yesterday, couldn’t resist the lovely bright colours.
    Jayne.lizzie – well done you too for sticking with your fast days. I hope you are finding your NFD easier now you are using MFP. I checked mine after eating tonight, and am only 72 cals over my limit, so am pleased with that, and won’t eat anything else tonight.
    K-Lo – yes, putting your knife and fork down between mouthfuls is a great tool. I do this all the time now too, and it takes me much longer to eat a meal, but I do enjoy it so much more now and actually taste what’s in my mouth.
    Rommy – Wow, I thought you were going into Autumn already in Sth Aus. I travelled to Adelaide in the summer of ’83 and remember how humid it was, so sympathise with you. Have to say we cooled off a lot with your lovely wines down there!!! Have you tried cutting down on the carbs that leave you feeling stuffed. Potatoes, Pasta, Rice, anything with flour in it. These are the worst foods for bloating and making you feel lethargic. Just cutting out these things will cut your weight, and make you feel better in yourself. I do a Low Carb/ High fat way of eating now, and I feel and look so much better. Down almost 2 stone, and from size 16 to 12. Believe me, if I can do it, you can too. Stick with it, 5:2 works if you work it!!!
    Good luck everyone and hope the sun is shining wherever you are. TTL

TTL – your job decision is like doing 5:2. What’s best for you?.

Thanks Chipmunk – have come to the conclusion this will probably be my last job before really retiring, so I might as well enjoy it. So…. new job it is!

I sometimes just don’t feel like cooking, especially on a fast day, so often make up a big salad for dinner. The following recipe is quick and easy, and hits the spot for me for fullness. It is another one from Mimi’s cook book and serves 4. 229 calories per person.

GREEK SALAD WITH OREGANO AND MINT

For the dressing:
    2 tbspns good olive oil
    2 tbspns red wine vinegar
    pinch castor sugar
    Juice of a lemon
    Handful of each, mint leaves and flat leaf parsley, chopped
    1 tspn dried oregano
    S & P

For the salad:
    400g Best quality ripe tomatoes, cored and quartered, at room temperature
    1 red onion, finely sliced
    1 cucumber, peeled and sliced
    1 cos lettuce, leaves torn
    12 Kalamata olives
    200g good quality Feta Cheese, crumbled

To serve:
    2 wholemeal Pitta breads, toasted and cut into fingers.
    (I don’t bother with the bread as I find the salad very filling)

Whisk together all the dressing ingredients.
    Assemble salad, top with dressing and serve with Pitta bread.

Enjoy:

Off to Pilates now, then coffee with 5:2 friend later. Lots to catch up on and will be comparing 5:2 notes! Have a great day all TTL

I re-arranged fast days this week to allow for a full bore St. Patrick’s day. My wife made a big pot of Guinness Irish Stew in the slow cooker. Sourdough brown bread and dessert was chocolate, ginger and Guinness cake. I drank 3 pints of it as well. So yes over my TDEE for yesterday.

I have been going over my TDEE this last 10 days frequently. Why I’d not hazard a guess. Winter too long? Though there is some heat in the sun and it warms to -10C during the day.

Not blowing way over my TDEE but over none the less. So MINDFUL, trying to be mindful and avoid the mindless trap. I actually caught myself opening the fridge an hour after I ate Tuesday evening. I wasn’t hungry that’s for sure. A mindless act. Old habits never die they seem to just lie in “weight”.

I watched a squirrel today at noon. He laid stretched out across several fence boards, catching the full rays of the sun from behind himself. Had a small mound of seeds from our bird feeder on the fence post in front of his nose. He’d take a bite and chew I could see his jaws flexing then he’d lay perfectly still. The wind would caress his fur and his tail would flex lightly in the breeze. Relaxed but knowing.

The white contrast of his belly fur and the reddish brown of his main coat contrasting on the fence boards. Small eyes flicking a black marble, ears twitch and flick listening and mindful totally of his surroundings. A minute or two then another small bite. He dined in exquisite elegance no rush, chewing and waiting between bites savoring each texture it seemed.

I need to learn to eat like the squirrel.

Hi Quiet:

Amen!

Sounds as if you had a great Irish Day Quietone. Hope you enjoyed it. Love your tale of the squirrel – are you sure you’re not an author, you have such a way with words.
    Re TDEE days. Have you tried eliminating one high calorie carb from your diet (ie: potatoes, pasta, rice, bread) and just having them as a treat. I found once I had stopped eating these high cal carbs, the weight dropped off, plus I was feeling much better in myself. I do eat them just occasionally as a treat, but afterwards I feel stuffed and bloated and wonder why I ate them. I don’t miss them from my diet at all. It will make it much easier to stay within your TDEE too.

Super weather here in Scotland and yesterday reached the dizzy heights of 13 degrees. The spring flowers are beginning to bloom, and colour is taking over the gardens. Looking good for Easter.
    I am visiting my son for a week over Easter so I’m afraid there won’t be any more recipes from me during that time, but you all feel free to keep posting new ideas. It will be my first challenge to keep within my limits as he doesn’t have scales, and I’m sure I’ll be eating differently, but I will do my best not to lose the plot having come this far.

Here is a lovely recipe from The Real Meal Revolution cookbook – a great one for Easter Sunday and really easy.

RUBBED LEG OF LAMB WITH CHIMICHURRI

3 tblspns coriander seeds
    2 tblspn fennel seeds
    2 tblspns course sea salt
    1 tblespn dried thyme
    1/2 tblspn black pepper
    1/3 teaspn cayenne pepper
    coconut oil
    1 kg boned leg of lamb
    Mix everything except oil and lamb in pestle and mortar. Pound until the mix still has some texture to it. Mix with a little coconut oil to make a paste. Massage the paste into the lamb, covering it all over evenly.
    Throw the meat onto the BBQ, turning regularly on gentle heat, or put it in the oven for 40 minutes.
    Remove lamb from the heat. Cover and rest for 15 minutes. Slice and serve.

For the Chimichurri:
    Large handful fresh parsley
    Large handful fresh coriander
    Medium handful Oregano leaves
    4 garlic cloves crushed
    1/2 red onion finely chopped
    2 tblespns red wine vinegar
    1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
    Juice of a fresh lime
    S & P
    Chop all the herbs finely. Mix with the rest of the ingredients, season with S & P to taste. Serve on the side with the lamb.

This recipe serves 4. Don’t know what the calorie count is, but depending on what you have with it, makes a really tasty dinner! (I would have a green salad with avocados with mine!) Enjoy

Will keep track of everyone while I’m away and hope you all have a successful last few days fasting in March. Don’t forget to take things easy on the run up to Easter, so you can have a bit of a splurge!!!
    By the way – took the plunge and start the new job tomorrow – so excited!!!
    TTL

Good luck for the new job TTL – an exciting stage of your “new you” life!! Your lamb recipe looks pretty good calorie wise as long as you reduce the the oil content in both components. When I make chimchurri I find you never need as much oil as the recipe states, and if you just rub the leg with oil it will be fine. Portions for a kg leg though, I’d say serve 6 (150gms of meat per person seems plenty and FD friendly) and lots of vegies. Perfect!

I took the plunge and weighed in this morning after a fast day yesterday. The previous 10 days had been a series of putting off FDs because of a range of social events. At first I thought I’d manage to still be staunch through a couple of the days, but when I am with friends and its a social, convivial occasion, I can’t be bothered.

After all that, I was prepared for a nasty surprise on the scales (haven’t weighed in since 3 March as no scales available), but glory glory hallelujah! down 500gms. Yes, not exactly blow the trumpets but hey, it beats going the other direction!

SO, here I am with 10 days left for the month. We don’t really get in to the whole Easter Egg and big lunch thing so I have five fast days planned to ensure I meet my target for the month (actually that’ll give me 10 FDs but considering the number over over TDEE days, well…….

Have a good end of month all, and for those with a penchant for Easter eggs, buns, lamb etc – Plan for it and enjoy it then get back on task.

ThirdTimeLucky. I’m not an author or maybe I am having several things published over the years. Actually receiving payment for 1. I did cash the cheque.

I write for myself some and keep them. What do I write about? I try to catch the “moment” the feeling. I live my life in moments. “If you don’t live for the moment you’ll surely die not finding a moment at all” – My great grandfather at 87 as he took me into a roadhouse in North Carolina I was all of 11 at the time. (illegal bar off the side of the road. siding boards so warped you could see the back 40 through the front wall of the house my first taste of shine drank from a jam jar, quiet and dim men with no purpose, no place to be and no reason to get there.)

Gosh I had to scroll down to almost the bottom of the page to find our post.
    Work is crazy busy at the moment as Easter is just a couple of days away and as the post and our delivery people will be closed Friday and Monday, you’d think this holiday had just been announced with customers just realizing…..sigh

Anyways it’s a fd today and I’m really cold and hungry. To top it off I need to go grocery shopping after work, this is not a good combination and I need to be strong and only take a hand basket so I can’t carry much.

7 fasts down and 2 more to go for March, no idea what my weight is (maybe able to check on Friday morning), I’m not too bothered as some weekends can be rather heavy on the booze side.

Hope you are all doing well and keeping out of the fridge

Just checking in with everyone. FD number 8 for me this month, and still sticking with my plan. On track for 10 FDs this month. I’m getting near the weight I want to maintain (though my goal weight is a bit lower) and am finding the last pounds to be intractable. I’ve been pretty good on NFDs and very good about going to the pool, but the last 2 weeks, swimming feels like a struggle to stay afloat. I’m thinking that the problem is more in my head than anything else. Anybody else battling to stay true to themselves and their plan? ST55

You are singing my song SWEETTOOTH!! The closer I am to goal – 2k to go this morning – the less that seems to be happening. My weight is static, though my NFDs are not perfect so to be expected that it would be slow, my measurements also the same. I’ve been hovering around here all year! I’m doing alternate fast days this week to try and move a bit more.

Hi all. Your intrepid leader signing in. Exhausted after days of chasing around Oxford and decorating at my sons house. Can’t quite believe how much we’ve packed into the last few days. Including endless bottles of wine to celebrate the day’s work!!! I can tell by my jeans that I have added a few pounds, but glad to say no scales here so don’t know how much! Back home on Tuesday so will get back on track later in the week.
    Sorry no more recipes, but impossible to do when not at home. Do hope you have all been sticking to 5:2 and not jumping off the wagon just because there are a few more choccies around than normal. Well the wagon will keep on rolling along for you to jump back on.
    Well aware that we are getting closer to the end of the month, and wonder where you all want to go with Little Voices. Do we have a new leader for our challenge? Once I am back to my target weight I shall be endeavouring to maintain, so may not be as involved as I have been in the past. It would be a shame to let it go after nearly a year, so if anyone is willing, let’s be hearing from you.

Will be in touch when I am back home on Wednesday. Hope you have all had a good Easter. Speak soon. TTL

TTL – how about setting up a Little Voices Maintenance forum – you won’t need to do anything much on it, but it will be a reminder for you and a place for the rest of us to go when we FINALLY achieve our goal!

Well here I am back home after an exhausting Easter week of decorating, hanging curtains, cooking, shopping, you name it I think we have done it. My sons house is now gradually turning into a home! Lots of wine with meals, Easter hot cross buns and crisps, and three pounds back on – in just one week! Yuk!!!
    Fasting today, and feeling better for being back in my routine. So looks like April will be my challenge to get rid of those three pounds and get back to 9 stone. Will probably start a maintainance forum Chipmunk, when I get back there, but for now back to 5:2.
    How did everyone get on during Mindful March? We seem to have lost a few people along the way this time. Such a shame when we all have so much support to give. I don’t see any names coming forward to lead an April challenge? Action, would you consider keeping it going with your tales and wit?
    If there are to be no challenges, maybe just keep it as a sounding board for everyone.. We have built up some nice cyber friendships across the globe, it would be a shame to lose touch after nearly a year?
    Anyway, I will keep posting my journey on this thread for now, and hope others will join me.
    Off to Pilates this morning to try and unload these last few pounds again. Not eating anything all day then baked salmon and salad for. Dinner tonight – NO WINE, have a great day everyone. TTL

Hi everyone – I am gradually getting back to the land of the living. I just seemed to go into a deep place I found difficult to pull myself out from – I couldn’t face even looking on the forum or even on the internet – I just had no interest in anything. Needless to say I have put some lbs back on and even though I know I need to do something, each day I start a fast day and each day I give up πŸ™ no resolve at all for some reason. New month tomorrow so hoping that will give me a little lift in a new start – again. Have not had much energy and have not started back to my running but maybe that is what I need – push myself and kick start the feel good factor.

If someone wants to start an April little voices forum thread we could just post as and when we need to keep in touch rather than have a leader as such. The people that are here are very good as a group in helping one another. It would be such a shame for it to disappear as it has been such a help to me. Take care all x

https://thefastdiet.co.uk/forums/topic/little-voices-april-drop-in-and-drop-down/

Bit the bullet and just did it – see you all on the April drop in forum

Coda x

Late but closing out March was over and done. I hit all my fasts for the month. I did go over my TDEE frequently not a lot usually, St Patrick’s day was an exceptional blow out however.

Weight lost 3.7 lbs. and I punched a new hole in my belt. Four shirts from the back of the closet now fit well. Not snug but not droopy and saggy as my others have become. I have four more in the two small stash then I’ll have start buying new shirts.

March was a wicked month. Though the weather broke at the last week and it got all the way up to plus 8C. April and we’re in a blizzard again. Go figure.

Closing out March.

I have been away for a few days so haven’t checked in. But here I am again, and ready to drop in to April.

CODA you and I seem to have gone through the same funk. I too started fast days only to abandon them and go off the rails, rescheduling only to repeat the pattern.

Let’s put it behind us. πŸ˜‰

Viewing 42 posts - 51 through 92 (of 92 total)

You must be logged in to reply.