Little Voices April drop in and drop down

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Little Voices April drop in and drop down

This topic contains 34 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  chipmunk13 7 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

• A new month – and still on the road to a new me – drop in and join the other little voices and you never know April could be the month you drop down to a new target and new you.

@coda – what is little voices? Sorry, just started this week and not sure what it’s about?

Hi Fast enough we are a group of like minded people (little voices) from different parts of the world. If you look back on some of our other months and posts you can get a flavour of what we are about. I joined at the end of July last year but I believe the group started January 2015. We try to improve our health the 5:2 way and loose some weight along the way. If you fancy joining us please do but update your profile so we can see where you are from and a little bit about you.

Thank you for the response. I’ll update my profile.

YEAHHHHHH the blizzard has gone. The sun is out and it is blindingly bright. Sun glasses a definite must or snow blindness is a real possibility in short order. But oh how the snow does glisten. Still -17C but doesn’t feel that cold in the sun.

My April goal is to do and keep doing. Practice the control of self on non fast days and stay within my TDEE. I’m great at the fasting part not so good on the days I’m not. As always I’m a work in progress.

I’m sitting in my computer room on the second floor sipping hot green mint tea, warming from my walk. Watching the squirrel raid the bird feeder. He’s become very adept at it. Latches his rear toes in the tree and stretches out front paws on the bird feeder pulls it in a bit grabs some seeds lets go back to the tree jumps to the fence. Walks a few fence boards and lays the seeds on a post. Goes back to the feeder for more seed, he makes 4 to 6 trips and has a mound of seed. Then he’ll laid flat on the fence boards with the seed in front of him, his back always to the sun and dine at his leisure. I sip my mint tea and watch from my window.

There is a fox on the other side of the park/green area. The fox knows the squirrel is there 45 metres away. The squirrel knows the fox is there. The squirrel is totally mindful of everything. The fox is laying in the depression ring at the base of a tree. The snow is about 4 feet above his head, only the depression around the tree where the snow didn’t fall or fill in hides the fox. Every so often the pointed head; nose black, red fur peeks slowly over the snow ring. A slow scan then slips back down.

My height from the second floor looking down I see her laying there at the tree base curled with her fluffy black tipped tail curled over her face. The ravens glide across through the trees no flapping of wing as they ride an air current that they seem to see as clearly as I do a paved highway and there is no breath of wind. They skim the snow by about a half a metre looking for anything to scavenge. The fox and the squirrel pay no mind ravens seldom bother the living unless the ravens are in a teasing mood and want to play.

Ravens will sit in the trees in my back yard and break off branches with their thick bill (or is it a beak, bill I think) they will hop from branch to branch and drop the broken branches down trying to hit the dogs while they are in the back yard. The will fly out and come back with large pine cones and drop these as well.

One of my dogs, a 12 year old Chesapeake bay retriever (Kookie), will stand and stare at ravens for hours. She tries to will them to fall. She doesn’t bark, she doesn’t move. A brown fur malice glaring at the ravens with a malevolence the birds can actually feel. Very few ravens can take more than 10 minutes of her stare and then the will launch out of the tree with a drop swoop over Kookie’s head, she’ll jump trying to reach them. She has only succeeded once in all these years but that success keeps her furnace glowing. She has the patience of success to keep her company. My other two dogs will bark then wander off. Kookie stares with malice and wills the raven to fall.

Yes I wish I had her patience for her there is only the now and she lives there always. I’m going to practice being in the “now” for awhile. We’ll see how that works.

Hi everyone. I’m still away from home so will check in when I get back on Wednesday. March didn’t go to plan and I’m doubtful I’ll reach my target of a 6 number at the beginning of my weight, but I am NOT giving up!

Hi LV, just checking in briefly. My March was moderately, but not entirely, successful. I was down another 4 pounds and briefly glimpsed my long term goal weight. But it didn’t stay. Way too many distractions. I’m now one pound away from the weight I want to maintain, though in the short term I want to be about 3-4 pounds lower to accommodate the vagaries of scales. Anyway, my spring voyage begins the end of the week, and I will not have a scale or a laptop until May. Best wishes to all of you for a healthy and successful April. I hope to rejoin you in May. ST55

Hi everyone, totally dropped off the grid, and I am ready to get back to work. The sun is out and I am pledging to do 12 fast days and hoping to shave off 5 pounds. I have been slacking on my evenings on fast days and I am ready to get back on track.

Hi nice to see some familiar names. I had my first fast of the month and the first in a while I have seen to the end. Only had an apple and a few polo mints (I am conscious of my breath). As I go to my class on Monday and not home until late, everyone fends for themselves. This means I am not tempted at all by having to cook. It is too late to start cooking something for me and I find hunger has passed i will make it through until breakfast. Hope everyone who has found it tough going gets back on track

Here is something that stood out for me – if I quit now I will soon be back to where I started and when I started I was desperately wishing to be where I am now.
    I need to remain in the right mind set.

Great job on the fast Coda. My first today as well, plus I ran and cooked. Cooking always gets me, I start to nibble. Today I stayed true. I will work hard tonight to have a real fast all day. Only 500 calories. Bring on the tea. Have a good night

Woohoo we are all back on the fasting wagon – my first April FD today and all going well so far.

CODA what you said about wanting to be where you are now when you started and how easy it would be to go back is just so true. We need to remember how much progress we have made, even when there is still a way to go.

So far so good on a non fast day – a day at a time! 🙂

Day 2 of fast. SNOWING and blowing AGAIN. Not so bad this time at least can see a couple blocks.

Going to try this recipe

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/you/article-2573746/5-2-Fast-Cook-exclusive-Quick-roast-pork-loin-broccoli-cauliflower-cheese.html

Happy Birthday to me – 60 (years old, not kgs!) The target was 69 kgs by 60 but I’m still a tad short.

71.2kg this morning, but still lightest I’ve been since starting 5:2. Champagne tonight and other festivities will stall me a wee bit longer, but the ultimate goal hasn’t changed – hope everyone is travelling well.

Where are you all?? If you are struggling, now is the time to use the forum and get some support – do not give up!!

Happy days to you all

Hi guys – I have managed my first 2 fast days this month (in fact my first 2 fast days for well over a month as I totally fell off the wagon) nice to see some familiar faces on here. I don’t know why I fell off the wagon, except that I was feeling the cold so much that fasting became intolerable, it almost made me seek foods I haven’t wanted for years! But it wasn’t all bad, I continued with my exercising and actually remained in semi-control, and didn’t overeat/drink stupidly, and actually on standing on the scales expecting to see at least a stone back on (considering I haven’t really followed 5:2 since the beginning of February properly) I have actually only gained about 5 pounds from my lightest, so didn’t feel too downhearted. I would be interested to know if anybody else here has had a ‘break’ from 5:2. I had been following it for nearly 8 months….
    My pledge for this month is just to re-read my posts and my diary entries and reboot my resolve and belief in this wonderful WOE. I plan to do 2 FDs per week and to think before I eat/drink. Love what you said Coda about thinking about where we were when we started and where we are now, and what we would think if we let it all go…. very profound – thank you. Good luck all.

Hi

A happy belated birthday Chipmunk, hope you had a great day – I too won’t make my goal for my birthday next month unless by some miracle 10kg falls off over night – you can but dream lol. So I am re-writing my short term and long terms goals and if I am down 2 or 3 kgs by my birthday I will be happy. In a better place now than I was last birthday. My next big birthday is next year so I can be in an even better place than now.

Nice to hear from you again lifesabeach – we seem to have lost a few old hands along the way but I hope they get in touch again. You are not alone in loosing the plot a little but here we are once again hopefully to make some more headway . I have been keeping in mind TTL and on reaching goal and am thinking/believing I can do it too. I just to have to keep at it.

Welcome back LIFESA! I think if you have read the posts you’ll see CODA and I both fell off the wagon but have climbed back on.

I’ve come to accept it’s a way of life that allows breaks and is easy to pick up again – all it takes is a bit of resolve and after the first couple of FDs you feel good and are back in the groove.

Hope to see more little voices rejoin the fold. ACTION – where are you? BILLYB, have we lost you? JFITZY? Where is everybody?

Goodness, where is everybody – we have gone from about 35 postees to just a handful. Have to admit being awol for a while. Computer problems resulted in it going in for repair for a few days. However, I have been sticking to my 5:2 days and am gradually getting down again to nearer my 9 stone target, having got there, then a weeks holiday soon rocketed back up again! The stupid thing is, there is no reason why I can’t do my fast days on holiday. It doesn’t take any special equipment, food, or timing. Just willpower. Anyway, back on track. fasting tomorrow, and hope to be back to target. Have decided to carry on with 5;2 until I get a couple of spare pounds under my belt so I have a bit of leeway. Having said that – I bought new size 12 trousers for my new job two weeks ago, and guess what, they are now too loose on the waist and keep ending up on my hips!!! I have a feeling all my summer clothes are going to end up at the charity shop. Oh well, will be nice to have new things.
    Belated happy birthday Chipmunk, welcome to the gorgeous 60’s.
    Sad to see there are so few of us after a year of hanging out together. Hope everyone has not given up. If you have, now is the time to get support from Little Voices to get you back on track.
    Have been busy with my new job. Thoroughly enjoying it. Glad I decided to come out of retirement. Still have a lot to offer and to learn too. Lets be hearing from of some of those familiar names…….TTL

Hi all, or all those still here!

I’m still plugging away, but not very successfully at the moment. I am off on holiday for 2 weeks in the USA (land of big servings) so it will be a challenge.
    If I get back the same as I am now, I’ll be happy. I’ll check in again then.

Fast day. Gloomy weather. Light snow. Wet. Strange to be so close the plus side of the thermometer and hear water dripping or running through the gutters.

In spite of two blizzards and 30cm of snow so far this month. I’ve done exceedingly well. Never over my TDEE and most days under by a goodly amount it shows.

I had to add a hole to the belt again. I’ve got all my old belts hanging from hooks 4 belts so far in 16 months. They all get shorter. If I need a pick me up I can look at that or slip on the old 4XXXX Tall shirt I wore January 2015. It is the only over large thing I’ve kept. Now when clothes don’t fit they go to the church basement. I will NEVER be that person again.

I’m enjoying the hollow feeling. It’s comfort to me now, sort of like chocolate fudge used to be. I can barely tolerate fudge now.

Love celery though and I never thought that would happen. I still can’t eat broccoli unless it’s covered in cheese sauce. shudder… trees all bushy. Cauliflower raw with bit of olive oil and lemon pepper tossed in a bowl rubbed with garlic cloves. Yummm. Non fast days are a lot of fun actually, but I feel better fasting. Strikes me odd at how I’ve changed. A lot more has changed than just my health and the size of my belt and clothing. I won’t go into it now.

We’re almost half way there folks. Keep on keeping on. Remember the doing is the important part. The rest will take care of itself.

Hi everyone just a quick post to let you know I am still here and thinking of you all. Not doing so great at moment fasting wise but still here which is the important bit. In the throes of organising the twins 21st birthday parties so a bit stressed. Can’t seem to stick to the plan but hoping I can get back on fasting wagon afterwards and make up a bit of ground. Trying not to be too hard on myself and be more forgiving.

Q1 what a lovely visual reminder of how well you have done – those belts. Well done you!

Hi everyone, sorry I am so quiet. Great job q1 on the belt decreases. Makes it so much easier when you see results. I have dropped a few pounds since the start of the month. Hoping for five by the end. I was fasting mon and wed but realized I need another day in there. So now Monday and Thursday. Hang in there everyone. Summers coming.

Managed to get back to my 9 stone target after Thursday’s fast and delighted I Am still holding firm today. With luck after Monday’s fast I will be in the 8’s although we are out for Sunday lunch tomorrow, so will try to be mindful of what I eat.
    Great news Runningnorth – you still have a couple of weeks to unload some more pounds. Just keep doing what you are doing.
    Well done QuietOne on the holey belt. Great reminder to hang them all up and great work. Do hope your health is improving too.
    How are you doing these days Action Hero? Haven’t heard from you for a while. Hope you haven’t given up? TTL

Hi to all, sorry I have been awol, have a doctors note though! I had a small cut on my dodgy ankle and was determined to heal it myself. Needless to say it got infected and was very painful. that will teach me to get that leg checked out immediately something is wrong.I was put on powerful antibiotics and when fast day came along I was a mess so I havent been able to fast for nearly two weeks. Good news though, leg is healing and I have finished course of medicine so looked forward to having a fast day today. Weight didnt move,thank goodness, mainly because since fasting my stomach has shrunk and can only manage small meals. Weather here is lovely, autumn is my favourite time of the year, crisp mornings, balmy afternoons and cool evenings.

Hello all

I’ve done a quick catch up on everyone progress and events and it sounds like you have everything under control (ish)
    With a combination of elderly parents and being busy at work it has meant I could not get to read or post on the forum.

However today is fast day 5 of April and I would like to have lost a couple of pounds by next Thursday (28th) as we are off to France for 10 days. I think I need to be realistic and say that fasting will not be the first thing on my mind, but I will try to be mindful for what I am eating (better add what I am drinking too)

At the start of the year I had decided to have a goal of a 14lb loss by the time of our holidays, I am 7lb short of this but I’m not going to beat myself up over it as it’s not a race.

It’s warming up during the day now and with the lighter nights it really makes me feel so much better

The scales were not kind to me this morning after Monday’s fast! Up 3/4 lb. let me rephrase that. I was over kind to myself on Sunday after a big lunch out at a local carvery, followed by a big pavlova I’m not really surprised! There is no kidding this body of mine. I eat the calories, I gain weight. It’s that simple. Now looking forward to Thursday’s fast to hopefully get into the 8’s again. I for sure will be very mindful of what I eat during the next couple of days. If nothing else, I am determined. The thing is, I can eat lots of food that is not calorific, and fill up quite easily, so there is no need to eat the high carb stuff that packs the calories on. Ie: I have found a great wheat free bread locally, expensive but good, but there still a lot of calories in it. So what do I do? I start eating sandwiches again! With butter, and peanut butter etc etc. All of a sudden a third of my TDEE is gone in one little sandwich! This combo is definitely on the ‘treat only’ list.
    Hope you are all doing better than I am this week. TTL

Having a great day today. First thing at the docs for a blood cholesterol check. It was a year ago when first starting 5;2 that I had a check and my cholesterol was up to 5.81. I said when I reached target that I would have it done again, so results next Wednesday. Fingers crossed it will have come down as I am eating much healthier now. Still hovering around the 9 stone. Fasting today. Nothing for breakfast or lunch but drinking lots. Poached salmon and large avocado salad for dinner, total calories so far 336 for the day. Will try to stick with that, though may have a tangerine a bit later, see how I feel. Pilates class this morning followed by two hours gardening in the lovely sunshine this afternoon. Great day for the Queens 90th birthday!
    We seem to have lost a lot of followers by the wayside lately, hope you are all OK and not struggling too much. We’re here if you need us. TTL

Hi All – The twins 21st birthday is over – lots eaten and drunk. A photo taken of me with them made me realise how much I have slipped. I thought I looked ok until I saw the photograph 🙁 So am back on the wagon, fasted Monday and today and am attempting a run for the first time in ages. I need to get serious otherwise I am back at square one wishing I was here. Not where I intended to be at all when I started last July but hey ho I can’t do much about that now except re-group, re-focus and off I go again. My birthday is next month so while I will not be at what I intended I want to be down from where I was last year. It’s a big birthday next year but I don’t want to give myself a year from now to get to target. I want to be at target and maintaining by my birthday next year. How is everyone else doing?

Welcome back Coda. It’s been a bit lonely here lately. Hope people haven’t given up. Glad you had a good time, and back on the wagon again. You can do this – you really just have to make this a way of life now. I actually miss fast days, the odd times I skip one, and it shows on the scales.
    I am still hovering around the nine stone, trying to get into the eights again for a bit of a buffer. Delighted with cholesterol check, down to 5, from 5.81 when I first started 5:2″
    I’m reading a fascinating book at the moment about LEAKY GUT, which I was diagnosed with a year ago in South Africa. It’s the first book I’ve read that majors on LG syndrome, and already I am going to be changing my way of eating again. Will read the book through first, then will let you have some pointers. It’s called ‘EAT DIRT’ by Dr Josh Axe. Highly recommended it, even if you don’t have leaky gut. Fasting today, no breakfast or lunch, fish and salad for dinner tonight. Off to Pilares now, have a great day everyone. TTL

Hi Thanks TTL – you have been my inspiration you know – I think of you and that encourages me to stick at it. I completed my run (in the broadest sense of the word). I went back to the beginning of couch to 5 k (C25K) which is 5 mins walk followed by a run (jog) of 60 secs followed by a walk of 90 secs for a total of 20 mins then a walk of 5 mins to end on. Distance covered 4.13km duration 35.05mins calories burned 383. This is probably the most exercise I have done since Feb when I hurt my foot. It felt so good – well it did after a bit lol. I am trying to locate a Pilates or yoga class as I feel so unflexible and stiff. Sitting in front of a computer and driving to and from work doesn’t help. Time to focus on me for a bit.

I am thinking of a 42 day challenge if anyone wants to join me – starting 1 May? Not sure of the plan so open to suggestions. So far my idea is you weigh at the beginning of the challenge – share if you wish, you must blog here (on the May challenge topic I will set up) each day – this shows commitment. Confirm – have you kept to a healthy eating plan, what exercise have you done (anything – a class, a walk round the block – something). What days you are doing for your fast days. If you wish to tell us what you had to eat on your fast days – feel free. If you eat something you deem to be ‘bad’ tell us why you ate it – you may see a pattern. The challenge will end in June – last day being 11 June. Weigh the next morning and report in. We will see how many join me and will see how many are in at the finish line. Any other ideas to keep us motivated, inspiring posts will be most welcome. In fact I will put the topic up now and copy the above in and see if there are any others interested. Will post the link shortly x

Hi all. Here we are at the end of another month, and yesterday we had 6″ of snow up the hill near Dundee! Who says spring has sprung?

Anyway, those of you who are left on this thread, and there seems to be so few of us now, can I suggest you join the party at the thread started by Coda listed above. There are over 40 newbies taking part, and everyone seems so enthusiastic. Remember how you felt at the start of the Little Voices forum???

Perhaps you have lost your way, given up, thrown in the towel, whatever the problem, if you share on these blogs, you will surely lighten the load. Don’t be embarrassed or ashamed, or even dejected and given up hope – you can still do it with the help of others who have been there before you, and who are on a journey of their own.

Hope to see some familiar names popping up on the new forum. Check it out and do yourselves a favour. New month, new you!!! Miss you all TTL

Hi TTL and CODA, I’m back from my trip to the States and checking in! You are not alone….

Back on 14th April I posted I’d be happy if I came back the same weight as I was then – well, not quite, but I am delighted to have only gained 1kg after all the eating and drinking I did there. I put it down to walking – every day I exceeded 10,000 steps, with most days being 15,000 plus and one epic day 22,000!! So i think I walked off a lot of calories.

I won’t be joining your 42 day challenge CODA, only because I am off travelling again and will be gone until the beginning of July. Good luck to all who take part.

I know this thread is done,so I will copy this to the new thread in case you don’t see it here.

Viewing 35 posts - 1 through 35 (of 35 total)

You must be logged in to reply.