Keep Fasting with JoJo(continued from Lose 2 lb per week)

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Keep Fasting with JoJo(continued from Lose 2 lb per week)

This topic contains 7,125 replies, has 64 voices, and was last updated by  Barata 9 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 7,277 total)

• Dear Cyber Friends,
    I arrived yesterday morning in Brazil/SΓ£o Paulo and my first question to our pilot was who won the elections. Everything is so depressing right now and I refuse to even look at FB for now.
    I will post a nice pic with my at our page sometime.
    I am sitting at the ophthalmologist now. Very needed pair of eye glasses and later sort that little situation with my ob/gyn.
    My whole trip is so long from there to here but just being with my family is so energizing.
    It’s hot but I don’t really care.
    Not thinking of fasting right now but will try to not over indulge. It’s a WOL.
    Have a good day everybody πŸ’‹

Hi all,
    Been reading but not posting due to a busy time. Lovely to read everyones stories, great to hear from Bay, Purple and Wiwi of the ‘old crew’! Amazon I know that lovely feeling of clean cupboards – we renovated our kitchen a few years ago and I am still thrilled with it!
    Happy I am the same, can’t bear to look at ‘him’, I guess time will tell whether he wreaks havoc or is positive.
    Healthcoach enjoy your time at home with your family, nourish your soul as well as your body, nothing compares to family. Funny how that is so true as we get older!
    I have just had a lovely swim, now the luxury of a day to myself in the garden! Glorious sunshine and lots to do…. Should make a Fast Day a breeze, just remember to keep away from the kitchen!
    Have a great weekend all.

Greetings and happy Friday, all you lovely losers. I am very pleased this morning. The scales have crept up over the last few months (only by a kg or two, but this shouldn’t happen on strict 5:2. So I included two days of only eggs and fat between my FDs this week, and have now returned to comfortable wriggle-room.

Another dreary day here today, with the clouds all around (we are at 300m above sea level). Then rain forecast for the weekend! Oh how I need some sunshine – could you please send some over, Nama?

A moment’s silence was observed here for Armistice Day – I lost two great-uncles in the Great War.

Enjoy your family, HCB.

Not returning to NZ this summer, Wiwi? Looking out the window, I don’t blame you! πŸ™‚

Hi Barata,
    Great news you have wriggle room again. I am sure Wiwi has already booked NZ flights, we plan on meeting up there just before I return home, hopefully you will be free too. Looking forward to your summer in the middle of our winter.

Plumbing fixed today and boiler working, hooray, running water and heat, luxury. My walk was bracing today but I wore my new cable beanie hat with fake fur bobble so all was good. Definitely coat weather now. At least they put the heating on in the church today, it’s usually freezing for choir practise but it was lovely today. Preparing for our Christmas show. Singing ‘Halo’ which is fabulous and lots of other rock Christmas songs.

Fast day tomorrow and very busy active day planned. I am out for a fish dinner as its my bowls award ceremony, then some dancing.

Have a great day everyone, well done Amazon, sounds like you are in top of things.

Thanks, Jo, yes, very pleased. I am glad you are warm again, brrrrr. πŸ™‚

Morning/evening all,

My Thursday FD went well and I slept like a log last night πŸ™‚

It is a lovely morning with blue sky and sunshine. I’m meeting my niece in Kew Gardens later and we are very fortunate to have picked the one rain free day of the week!

Jo, when I first started 5:2 it seemed so easy and I lost weight every week. I don’t know when or how it became difficult. I guess it is down to changing lifetime habits which are proving to be very stubborn. I am working very hard at staying in control but we all know that it can be very tricky at times.
    I’m back to no bread in the house because it is far too tempting and will for the time being be an occasional indulgence.
    I did a big shop yesterday and have planned a two week menu which is based on healthy comfort food that’ll keep me warm and satisfied.

I checked out the preserves shelf yesterday, do you think 20 jars of various chutneys, pickles and jams are enough for one woman……. πŸ˜‰
    I sampled my pickled onions too and they are perfect, crisp, sharp and spicy and will be great with cold cuts or cheese.

I bought some quinces last weekend. I’m going to roast some slices to go with Sunday dinner. I’ve not tasted them apart from in the form of quince jelly.
    If I like them I’ll poach and puree the remainder as they can’t be frozen raw.

Have a good weekend everyone 😜

Hmmm Amazon, 20 jars… depends upon how long they need to sustain you and whether or not you have access to other sources of fruit and veg… Given there’s no use by date perhaps make some more in case of world war 3 breaking out.,.

I fasted again today, a 24 hour no food/ v low cal fast, but broken with my first glass of red wine since last Saturday 😊🍷V unlikely to come in at quarter TDEE, but good enough for maintenance.

Amazin, you love to cook, but can’t possibly eat it all. Have you considered supplying a retail outlet (Garson’s Farm?) and that way get some pocket money for your trips as well as fulfilling your need to cook?
    I did similar years ago with cake making. It worked well for me. I almost never make cakes now 😊😊
    We have tossed in a Saturday fast this week after a far too social Thursday. Flexible and it works. It’s proving easy as we reached 35 deg and very humid. Food is the last thing you feel like.
    Have a good weekend folk. P

35, P?! We didn’t make double figures with wind chill factored in. πŸ™ Blasting southerly gale (again!)

Sounds like you are in a pickle, Amazon. Lovely place to be πŸ™‚

Well we might reach the heady heights of 10 degrees today, an improvement on earlier in the week when we had 2s and 3s… I may venture out without my thermals…

Morning everyone,
    It’s definitely Autumnal here but I like walking during all types of weather, years of dog walking have taught me to appreciate the seasons. Of course the extra layers of gloves, hats and coats are a nuisance especially as clearing up after dogs is impossible with gloves. Nordic poles have fixed hand grips which need to be removed too so it’s quite a chore. I have lower back pain( again) from a circuit training class so I am taking it easy today, cancelled dance class but I will still swim.
    Amazon- bread is my weakness and if it’s in the house I can’t resist it. I could cheerfully live on things on toast, eggs, cheese, tomatoes! But I can guarantee a gain on the scales if it’s here. I can’t even resist it from the freezer as a toaster sorts that out pretty fast. I don’t think I can say I have ever found fasting ‘easy’ , my weightloss journey has been very difficult with as many gains as losses. I am still working back to lowest level of last year. I put it down to lack of support at home. I have no friends fasting or even dieting, it’s tough out there on your own. That’s why I joined SW, it’s helping a little even though I ignore most of their advice especially about using their own products and low fat regime. They promote unlimited protein and veg and controlled sugar. I certainly can’t eat unlimited protein without a gain. I stick to a 3 ounce portion for dinner. I don’t limit veg and have potato(egg sized). We have been on this way of life now a long time without getting to a maintenance level we are happy with but bit feeling much better for having lost a huge amount of weight. I don’t know the answer just the problems. We both do loads of exercise and try to eat healthily, I guess more changes need to be made but I don’t know what else will be sustainable. I have lots of clothes in my wardrobe that I bought last year, it would be great to be wearing them again. At the moment I am either stable or losing 1/2 weekly and settling for that as it’s better than gains.
    Have a great weekend everyone
    Keep fasting!

You can have my hot night B and H!!

Hi Jo
    My post took ages to come up.
    You’ve done it before and you WILL get into those clothes again.
    My suggestion. ..go all out: removing all white carbs until you reach goal. In the mean time, your habits change and they are no longer a major part of your daily menu. It worked for us, and , believe me, we are both very different: like chalk and cheese!!
    Cheers P😊

A hot night, Purple!
    Sounds good.
    Here a new sprinkling of snow overnight and worn out tyres to be changed today after the bad roads.

I will be in NZ on Feb 9, Barata and expecting to meet you and Jojo the evening we arrive! And of course our Friday outing as usual.
    We are off to Chile in 10 days for a month.My daughter is not there now of course, but no worries, we will go off to look through telescopes and visit botanical gardens and National Parks by ourselves. My daughter is happier as she has a lovely London flat with a garden and an Italian flatmate, and the choice of two well paid top notch jobs she has managed to land in one day.

I have had a very good weight loss week. The 30 BMI blip seemed to be only a blip-weighing not in the morning and I am wavering between BMI 29 and 28.
    I am like Jo and cheese tomatoes and bread would suit me too. This week I’ve had no bread or sugar. We are living off the gifts of cauliflower and pumpkin squash.
    I’d love of you pickle with that, Amazon.
    Just need to wait for the 3D printer.

We are off to Lyon for the weekend, home for a week and off again.

xx Wiwi

Morning/evening all,

Purple, I love to cook but only for myself and my loved ones so I wouldn’t be happy making a job out of it. It is something I considered but I fear it would make me miserable.

Jo, when I make bread I eat some and then slice and freeze the rest and as you say it is so easy to turn it into toast so no more home made bread for a while.

As for my stash, some of it will be given away as Christmas gifts and the remainder will last me for ages. It all keeps well so no rush to eat it…….

I cooked a piece of bacon last Christmas in an Asian spiced stock and it was delicious. The stock went into the freezer and I forgot about it until yesterday when I used it for soup along with odds and ends of various veggies in the freezer and fridge. It will see me through the next few FDs with a splash of soy sauce and a drizzle of sesame oil.

The freezer is now half empty waiting to be filled with Christmas goodies and some vodka πŸ˜‰

It is cold, wet and dull today but we need the rain so I mustn’t complain.
    I guess I’ll have to brave it if I want a newspaper β˜”β˜”β˜”

Have a good one everybody 😜

The 9th is a Thursday, Wiwi. Will you be up to being social then, after your flight? Certainly I will be free on Friday to catch up. πŸ™‚ Where and when?

So after my fast and fat week and getting back to wriggle room, I ate two meals yesterday (bacon & eggs & mushrooms to break the fast, toasted egg cheese & veggie sandwich for an evening meal) and am up a kg πŸ™ Can it be two thin slices of whole-grain bread? Or lying awake for three hours in the night? Bah humbug.

Food in transit Barata πŸ™‚

I hope so, P. At least the sun is shining today and the wind is from the north-west. Lawnmower out later (OH working).

Another scorcher here. Hot night and now hot winds. The ground is covered in Norfolk Island pine branchlets.
    Eating day between two fasts…
    One poached egg on fresh spinach and mushroom with a sprinlke of cheese (nb no bread) for Sunday breakfast. Prawn and choritzo salad for lunch; bbq pork chops, taro, fennel, capsicum, onion for dinner. Worth fasting for. 😊😊 P

Hi Everyone,
    Very wet and windy day here. I actually had to swim indoors today as outdoor pool closed. it wasn’t much fun, lots of kids in the pool and lanes were full. I still managed 30 minutes though.

Amazon- Good idea to stop baking bread for a while, red light food for many of us.

PVE- the only white foods I eat are potatoes, usually at the weekend and limited amount. No bread, pasta or rice- all substituted for grated cauli or spiralised corgette. I actually prefer the substitutes now. I still love zero noodles with a prawn stir fry. I am now making sugar free dressings and sauces. I know I will get back to minimum and keep going down but I cannot predict a deadline on this, it’s frustrating. At SW (diet club)today there were several ladies who had lost 14 lbs in under 6 weeks, so jealous. One was quite a large lady, in excess of 18 stones I would say but the other was probably about 10 stones. Very jealous! Now I am in a new group I am finding it better, they don’t seem quite as fixated on chocolate bars. The lecturer has a good sense of humour and the ladies are more friendly. The lecturer asked us all to write down excuses for not sticking to our diets. We then put them in a plastic bin. He informed us that he is going to burn them on the beach tonight. He said there is no valid excuse for eating bad food and eating too much. As for having treats, forget it, don’t let them be food, try clothes or goods.

There are also several pescatarians and vegetarians in my current group which is good. I am going to be very, very strict next week to see if I can improve on the 1/2 pound loss.
    Wiwi and Barata- I will message you about NZ arrangements as I need to speak to my daughter about restaurant choice for my husbands 60 th birthday meal. His birthday is on the 8 th Feb.
    I have lots of bowling and dancing planned next week and several meals booked. It’s only the buffet meal that worries me, sandwiches and pastry foods, crisps and nuts. I can handle the non drinking and have offered to be the designated driver.

Good Luck everyone

The kitchen floor is cleaner than… for a long time πŸ™‚ , the lawns are mowed, I have internet connection again, depression (mild) has lifted, all is good. Now to get the chicken on to roast.

Jo, is your husband going to be with you this trip? Go to sleep, woman!

My next suggestion, Jo, if you have cut out white carbs, would be portion size. Remember, I recommended watching what thin people eat? It is SO easy to choose too much food. I think the French and Italians have it right by filling up with green salad first. Pile your plate high with lettuce before you even consider any other food. Top it with carrot (grated or spiralised) and capsicum, cucumber and tomato, then add a SMALL portion of highly flavoured protein. Satiating and slimming. 3 1/2 years on, this is the basis of most of our meals. Cheers P

Morning/evening all,

It rained all day yesterday which was great for gardens everywhere and also for us as it raised the temperature. It is a lovely sunny morning and I love waking up to sunshine 🌞

I had some of my delicious veggie soup for lunch and roast pork for dinner. I loved the roasted quince. I also added some to the apple sauce.

Leftovers today πŸ™‚

Jo, your SW leader is correct, there is no excuse for overeating but if we needed an excuse we wouldn’t be overweight in the first place and trying to lose it. It is all about self control which in my experience can disappear without a trace for no apparent reason but I’m working on keeping it on a tighter rein.

Hi Barrata,
    Just heard about the Earthquake, all well with my daughter and hoping all well with you and yours.

You know I am a night owl. I am absolutely ravenous at the moment. Been active all morning and could now eat my own leg. Just leaving the gym and planning a very large salad plus 3 oz salmon. Yum

Hi Jo, yes, all well here, just a few items fallen. Fortunately we are on rock here on the hill, so have not felt any of the aftershocks. There will be no work today as there is no public transport running, and our building has to be checked for damage. It’s a very safe building, but after such a big shake they take no chances.

There are reports of a couple of casualties, communities cut off, power out and many many afterquakes. We certainly were awakened by the big one, long enough to get out of bed and under the doorframe.

Glad your daughter is fine. πŸ™‚

Hi Barata,
    I am glad to hear you are well.

Yes my daughter was dragged from her bed by her housemate and they spent some time camped under a door frame. No work for her either as children were told to stay home and as you say no public transport. The tsunami’s are a worry though 8 ft waves expected I hear. It’s all such a worry!

Wiwi- how is your brother in Christchurch? What a nightmare!

Thinking of you all over there and wishing you the best.

We had a stabbing in our town last night, hardly seems credible in this sleepy backwater of a place.

I still enjoy reading experimenting trying to absorb as much fast stuff as i can handle so that said this is article is very good IMO with Jason Fung
    http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2016/10/16/complete-guide-fasting.aspx?utm_source=dnl&utm_medium=email&utm_content=art1&utm_campaign=20161016Z3&et_cid=DM122275&et_rid=1710103169
    my fast day is going well very humid here in SA of Australia I hope those among us are enjoying the fast day Monday
    the less you eat the more you lose
    Peace RT

Morning All,
    I agree that Jason Fung is brilliant.
    All we need now is a self control pill to back up our common sense approach.

I had a lecture from a skinny friend who cannot understand why I am wasting money going to a slimming club. She has never needed to diet and eats lots of foods I simply can’t indulge in without weight gain. She says I should stop fasting and eat more three times per day to get my metabolism going. I explained that the Science does not support that theory anymore and that all sugar causes the body to store fat. She replied ‘What do they know?’ It’s depressing having discussions with a closed mind.

I am fasting today after a very good weekend, foodwise.

Still worried about my daughter in NZ as they have suffered Earthquake aftershocks all day and evening. It was non stop while she was talking to me on FaceTime. It’s a miracle that there are only 2 casualties. Lots of damage to property in the city though. Her housemate has two restaurants, both suffered internal damage but fairly minor, shelves of wine and spirits broken. He is very relieved.

Keep fasting friends

Morning/evening all,

I hope everyone in NZ is safe and well.

RT, thanks for the link, that is a really good article, straightforward and informative with no fancy language or complicated science.
    It has inspired me and I’m considering doing a prolonged calorie free fast next week, depending on what life chucks in my direction between now and then.

Dull and cold here but I’m not going anywhere, it’s a sofa day πŸ™‚
    It is also a FD.

Hi all,
    It is really freezing again in Melbourne at present, I am typing in bed with the electric blanket on! But apparently it’s going to hit 30 by the end of the week….. I have lots of gardening to do but not desperate enough to catch a cold! I should not whinge about the weather when NZ is having earthquakes – hard for you not to worry Jojo, I do hope the worst is over.

A good Monday fast, supplemented with too many strawberries! What can one do, we picked them ourselves on Saturday at DIL’s friends farm, eyes bigger than our stomachs! And they are so sweet, I can’t bear not to eat them when they are so fresh. Previously I would have made jam, but these days I prefer them fresh. The scales will tell me in the morning, if my efforts today were not sufficient!

Jojo it is depressing when people who have fast metabolisms (or whatever) just don’t get it! You are wasting your time telling this friend about your efforts, sounds like she isn’t interested enough to understand.
    But nobody has an ‘easy ride’ with everything in their lives, whatever it seems on the surface.

Jo, don’t allow yourself to be undermined by someone who has no idea what it is like to be overweight and/or struggling to lose it. I have a couple of friends like that and I don’t indulge in such conversations with them.
    I have another who was skinny in her younger days, and every time we meet says “you’re looking very thin (I’m not) are you sure you need to lose any more weight” which translated means, you are now slimmer than me for the first time in over 30 years and I’m green with envy”
    Another friend is worried about the fact that I have a few small wrinkles on my face and I told her that at 62 that is perfectly normal. I also now have cheekbones and only one chin πŸ˜‰
    And yet another who is now larger than me for the first time (also previously skinny) and hasn’t made a single comment regarding my huge weight loss………..

I suspect that your “friend” is most likely easily and probably subconsciously exercising portion control as many naturally slim people do.

Jo, if you go to a buffet event allow yourself one plateful of whatever you want and then walk away. No picking or going back for seconds.
    If I can do it so can you πŸ™‚

Good Evening All,
    Worrying day today but staying on top of my fast.

I agree that it is difficult dealing with friends who don’t understand my weight loss plight. I was talking to someone else initially who was interested in fasting because she has begun to gain weight in her 60’s, first time ever in her life. The other skinny opinionated friend (size 10 max) intervened when the lady said she was using calorie control and healthy food but not achieving weight loss. Basically she is now having less food, doing more exercise and she doesn’t understand why it’s not working. She is a highly intelligent woman and wants to address this new problem. I suggested she read the fasting book and watch Dr Jung lectures on u tube.

What really hurts is when people assume fat people are couch potatoes. Many of us are very active on a daily basis. I attend the same dance class as my skinny friend and probably put in twice the effort in speed and bounce in fast sections. I then swim for 30 minutes while she drinks coffee and eats cake. Seriously!

As for the buffet on Friday night Amazon I am chilled because I now weigh in on Saturday morning and I am therefore not prepared to sabotage my efforts.

Thanks for the support Nama and Amazon it really helps to ‘vent’.
    Going to goal, feeling positive

Hi Jo,

Well done for sticking to your fast today. You’ll have to continue your conversation with the person who is interested in fasting when your other “friend” isn’t around.

My FD has gone well. My soup was very filling and with an egg poached in it came in under 250 calories which meant I could have some yoghurt and berries.
    I wish they were all as easy as today.

Vent away Jojo! It always helps I find!!
    Glad your fast went well Amazon, funny how some are easier than others isn’t it?
    Mine was ok except for the strawberry bonus, scales ok this morning though. I guess it would be hard to do much damage with freshly picked berries!

Hi Nama,

I can’t get over the fact that 100g of berries have so few calories!

It is great when it goes well. I’m out for lunch tomorrow but I’ll make it my only meal and then fast again on Wednesday.

I’ve just watched Andy Murray play and win his first match as world no 1 😎🎾

Warm greetings!

I am a newbie just “officially” started my ADF this week. It seems like there are quite a few veterans of IF on this thread.
    I actually started last week but did not keep track of how much I was eating on my non fasting days. I am also trying out low carb high fat on the days I eat. I decided that I will be keeping a food log, and weight hence the “official” start today.

I noticed that my calorie intake kept creeping up as I got the end of the week last week.

Have you guys experience overeating on feasting days and does this get better over time naturally or do you have to limit portions from the start?

Welcome ADF12
    You have joined a large group of experienced fasters here!
    Fasting isn’t the hard part, eventually, it is being ever mindful of frequency, portion size and type of food on non fast days (best not to call them feast days) that really counts. Regular twice weekly fasting really helps on non fast days.
    Dear Dr M just spoke on our local radio in Sydney (the host has been a 5:2er for years). He was saying how latest research definitely shows that rapid weightloss (through fasting) is most effective for longterm maintenance as it is inspiring. I know we found that. Get to goal as quickly as you can, then learn to maintain.
    All the best with your journey. It is WELL worth it. P 😊

Thanks for the support and thoughts, dear fasting friends. The aftershocks continue, and the infrastructure damage will take months and billions to rectify. If you are interested in following the action, http://www.geonet.org.nz/quakes/felt/moderate will give you an idea πŸ™

As an encore, nature has dished up with a dreadful weather bomb over Wellington in the last day or so. I have just emptied another 95 cm from my gauge, after a weekend that delivered a month’s worth of rain. And wind.

The city was (more or less) back in business today, trains running (until this afternoon’s flooding and slips and quakes restricted these), and my building is safe.

Welcome aboard, AFD12. Ask anything you want, we have lots of experience and support on offer. Over-eating on non-fast days is a common issue, one which can still provide a challenge.

I’m pouring a glass of wine. Bother alcohol-free with all this going on!

Absolutely Barata. I hear there is an overwhelming smell of split wine vats in the Marlborough region. Better do your bit. P

Tongue on the floor as we speak πŸ™‚ But I was very good, strict FD yesterday, halo burnished.

Actually, I had better be couth. Using a straw.

Me too. Signing off to ppur the wine…🍷🍷

Welcome ADF12,
    We have a mixture of long term, at goal Fasters and long term ‘still working towards goal’ Fasters on this thread. Between us we have tried most combinations of fasting. Zero cal fasts up to 5 days at one extreme to 2 days 1/4 TDEE at other end of spectrum. They all work. Biggest east problem is long term consistent weight loss, some of us yo yo. Basically eating too much on non fast days will sabotage your efforts so recording is useful. Many of us have cut or drastically reduced sugar intake because insulin spikes cause fat storage. See Dr Jungs utube lectures. Many of us cut white foods such as bread, pastry, pasta, rice and potatoes to increase weightloss and cut bloating. We all advocate drinking lots of water and all try to walk 10,000 steps minimum daily. I myself am 4 stone down at this point and planning to loose at least another 3 stone, could take another 2 years at my rate. Keep focussed and keep your hands busy- knitting, colouring, cleaning- whatever you enjoy.
    Good Luck and keep posting to inspire others. The first 6 months will see the best loses.

Barata,
    Getting a bit anxious about my planned trip around the South Island in Jan, will there be any roads safe in and out of Christchurch?

Glad to hear all well with you. I think I would be resorting to G&T or 2 if I had experienced an 2 Earthquakes and non stop aftershocks for 2 days. Beccy is finally taking it all a lot more seriously and getting her emergency rucksack packed.

Thinking of you

Lots of love, Jojo xxx

Hi JoJo

There will be alternatives to the Kaikoura coast road, and already the road down the West coast is the route into Chch. Kaikoura will be out of action for a while but people need to go on making a living, and hope the tourists come.
    Thanks, Barata, for the geonet. My brother thinks that it’s harder for me to contemplate the damage at a distance than for them living through it. I guess you are back at work. How is my old church St Peters looking?
    All my Wellington and Christchurch families are in good spirits.

Glad your daughter is getting to grips with the situation, Jojo. The best place to be is home in an earthquake.

We have no damage to our houses, but wish we were not so far.

Good fast day yesterday, but ruined it at 9pm. I made soup and added tinned tomatoes to it. The soup was sweet and the contents on the can of tomatoes contained sugar. Eternal vigilance is needed. Our tastebuds do change and I can taste sugar in coffee now merely by using a teaspoon someone else has stirred their sugared coffee with.
    We are off on Friday to Rome and then S America. There is work to be done before.

Kia Ora
    xx Wiwi

ADF12,

I started 5:2 in Jan 2014, when I was 45. I just did basic 5:2, but did generally cut down/out added sugar and refined carbs as I realised these were driving my weight gain.

I’d reached my goal of 10st (from a start of near 11 and a half) by mid April, then lost a further few pounds, and there I’ve been ever since (9st4 – 6). I maintain using IF, but not strict 5:2 anymore.

So don’t listen to tales of yo-yoing and backsliding! With only 12kg to lose there’s no reason why you shouldn’t sail smoothly to your goal weight and, provided you do make it a lifestyle change, stay there πŸ˜€

In the weight loss phase I had no problem with overeating on non-fast days, I think because I’d cut out sugar/bread/pasta, and the two fast days do seem to act as a bit of a reset on appetite and portion size. But it is about putting in place healthy habits for life, so if you have been an overeater (and who of us hasn’t!) then yes, you’re going to have to watch out for portion-creep.

Good luck!

ADF12,

I should clarify I’ve been maintaining since 2014 (reading it back it’s not clear which year πŸ˜€)

Like Happy, ADF12, my husband and I have not had problems with IF. We both lost around 30kg. Took us one year of 2 fasts per week and very careful eating for 1 year. That was back in 2013. We have done no yoyoing, no backsliding. We travel regularly and have maintained our weightloss. It is a way of life. Embrace it. 😊😊 P

Morning/evening all,

Another grey dull morning but it’s mild enough again not to need any heating on.

Hi ADF and welcome, as Purple says it’s best not to call them feast days, as that implies overindulgence.It takes a few weeks to really get into 5:2 and you are already doing well as you’ve recognised in the first week that you need to exercise more control on non fast days. Ask anything you like and someone on here will be able to give you an answer.

All this talk of 🍷 is making me thirsty………. πŸ˜‰

Good Morning from Brazil,

I haven’t seen or read the news in which I am on top everyday! I am so sorry to hear about the earthquake in NZ. Even happier now to know you guys are sound and safe.
    Today is Repiblican’s Day here and for some it started Saturday. All government agencies are close therefore creating chaos on my tasks to be done..The first leg of my trip starts in Brasilia at 7am so I need to there at least 2 hours prior to it so looks like I will have very little sleep and the worts is being in SΓ£o Paulo 13 hours until my next flight. Well πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚, not the end of the wold.
    I am having the best time with my folks. Last night girls over 16 only went out. I feel so sorry when my Mom looks at any menu and seizes up the price of everything. She thinks everything is so expensive and the money we spent we could buy more food and….eat more as well. She was very happy being with her girls.
    Welcome ADF. There will be ups and downs but this ideia really works and is cheap… At this judgment free zone you’ll find great experienced people to keep you motivated.

Stay safe, happy, warm, cool, calm and well wherever you are ❀️

Some really interesting and targeted comments well done fast trackers ADF welcome aboard
    You have joined a large group of experienced fasters here!
    Fasting isn’t the hard part, eventually, it is being ever mindful of frequency, portion size and type of food on non fast days (best not to call them feast days) that really counts. Regular twice weekly fasting really helps on non fast days.
    Welcome aboard, AFD12. Ask anything you want, we have lots of experience and support on offer. Over-eating on non-fast days is a common issue, one which can still provide a challenge.
    We have a mixture of long term, at goal Fasters and long term β€˜still working towards goal’ Fasters on this thread. Between us we have tried most combinations of fasting. Zero cal fasts up to 5 days at one extreme to 2 days 1/4 TDEE at other end of spectrum. They all work. Biggest east problem is long term consistent weight loss, some of us yo yo. Basically eating too much on non fast days will sabotage your efforts so recording is useful. Many of us have cut or drastically reduced sugar intake because insulin spikes cause fat storage.
    So don’t listen to tales of yo-yoing and backsliding! With only 12kg to lose there’s no reason why you shouldn’t sail smoothly to your goal weight and, provided you do make it a lifestyle change, stay there
    In the weight loss phase I had no problem with overeating on non-fast days, I think because I’d cut out sugar/bread/pasta, and the two fast days do seem to act as a bit of a reset on appetite and portion size. But it is about putting in place healthy habits for life, so if you have been an overeater (and who of us hasn’t!) then yes, you’re going to have to watch out for portion-creep.
    Welcome ADF. There will be ups and downs but this idea really works and is cheap… At this judgment free zone you’ll find great experienced people to keep you motivated.
    β€œThe less you eat the more you lose”.
    β€œIt’s easier to avoid eating than to stop eating once started”
    Peace RT

Viewing 50 posts - 151 through 200 (of 7,277 total)

You must be logged in to reply.