Keep Fasting with JoJo(continued from Lose 2 lb per week)

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Keep Fasting with JoJo(continued from Lose 2 lb per week)

This topic contains 7,125 replies, has 64 voices, and was last updated by  Barata 9 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 7,277 total)

• Ha ha RT our official ‘editor’ – love it. Wonder what happened to ADF after all that? I hope he/she is reading and taking it all on board.
    Poor Jack is off to the vet this morning to lose his manhood. Grandmother duty to collect him and mollycoddle him until his parents finish work, hoping he is not too groggy as he is a big dog now. Seems a shame to cut off (literally) that pure bred genetic line, not quite sure why it is necessary…think its called the ‘medicalisation’ of our society, extending it to our pets now!
    Fasting today, at least until the roast pork with the family tonight (why just collect the dog, when you can stay for a roast as well?), so that will require some willpower and lots of green veggies for me. Tomorrow a funeral for a darling 98 yr old, almost the last ‘aunty’ , just one 96 yr old remaining!
    Healthcoach it sounds like your Mum will be in seventh heaven, how lovely that you can visit. We mother hens are never happier than when our chickens are around us!

Well I’m at the end of another fast day. Luckily it’s been quite mild today so keeping warm in the absence of digestion wasn’t a problem. And the reward for not eating all day… a more generous evening meal πŸ˜€

HCB, great to hear you’re enjoying some quality family time, shame about all the travelling but that’s globalisation for you!

Hi Nama,
    Neutering dogs and cats who are kept as pets can make a huge difference to their behaviour. Male animals recover very quickly from such procedures which only take a few minutes so I’m sure Jack will be fine in no time.
    Roast pork is my favourite so I’m jealous but only a little as I went out for lunch with a couple of old friends and had a a very nice halloumi and red pepper hummus “burger” with guacamole. It was delish as was the apple, walnut and salted caramel crumble.
    I’m fasting again tomorrow……..

Indeed, unless they have an outlet for all those hormones coursing round their bodies some dogs can get aggressive…not to mention trying to hump everything that moves!

Hi Amazon and Happy,
    Years ago I worked for a vet and the three partners used to have competitions to see who could spey an animal fastest! Truly, they timed themselves with the clock on the wall. If the owners could have seen them! I just think its a waste with Jack, he is so placid now! But you may be right, he might be less frustrated! Ooh Amazon your desert did sound yum! There will only be fresh fruit here tonight, I have no willpower whatsoever when it comes to dessert. Luckily the men of the family rarely want it and DIL will be happy with strawberries, she has a very healthy ‘Vietnamese” attitude to food!

It was yum and I’m still full πŸ™‚

Dessert is an occasional treat and these days I only have it if there is something I really want whereas before I would have to have something.
    Last time I went out for lunch the choice was poor so I opted for an espresso and when my companions desserts arrived I was very happy that I had not ordered anything. I hate the current obsession with drizzling stuff all over and planting mint sprigs in everything πŸ˜–
    NB my crumble was adorned with nothing more ice cream and accompanied by a tiny jug of cream.

Male animals are hard wired for fighting and procreating so it makes sense to neuter them if they are pets.

Thanks Nama πŸ˜‰ I wonder what happened to whyamisoshy we all pitched in with our collect wisdom and yeah “nil by mouth” the result

Males generally, Amazon, but I think there would be a few objections if they all had the chop πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰
    We have “dessert” every night now, never used to pre 5:2, but dessert is berries, plain yoghurt and a few nuts. Nice after fish and our way of getting fruit and full fat into our diet. It’s all mindset. Dessert doesn’t have to be sugar and flour based. Enjoy your strawberries tonight Nama. Try sprinkling them with almond flakes and cinnamon (lowers bloodsugar). P

ADF found other threads. Such is life.

Evening Everyone,
    Great to see so many posting. I think we lost a few posters when we moved threads but if they are keen to chat with us they will find us. I must say I miss the old top slot, it was easier to find.
    Great day, low in calories. Saw AStreet cat named Bob, brilliant film.

Keep Fasting

Hi everyone,

Another easy FD almost done πŸ™‚

I’ve been sleeping in for the past few days and having real trouble getting out of bed. I had to force myself to get up this morning. It was fine once I was up and dressed and I had a really good workout at the gym which I enjoyed immensely.

Third FD planned for tomorrow.

My fast day went belly-up at the funeral this afternoon when they kept offering me the most delicious, tiny sandwiches! And I kept accepting…. I also had a scone with jam and cream and it was AWFUL,sickly sweet! Never mind, just a salad for tea and I will try again. Out socializing with old work mates tomorrow night, so perhaps Saturday? Isn’t it great that this WOL is so flexible?
    We had 32 degrees today, first warm day and its almost Summer! Off to enjoy an episode of The Crown on Netflix, its really got me sucked in! Fabulous production I think.

We put ours off until tomorrow Nama. Family birthday with FAR too many choices. Thanks goodness for fasting!
    Is The Crown good? We’ve just worked our way through Outlander. Excellent. P

Highly recommend The Crown Purple. Loving every episode. Obviously the script writers are weaving fiction into the dialogue, but the production is amazing. Netflix have obviously spent a lot of money on it!
    Had never heard of Outlander so I googled, it looks interesting too… I never watched this much TV prior to getting Netflix!!

I’ll check it out. We are going to get your heat too. Come on swimming weather!
    Happy fasting tomorrow. P

38 here yesterday from no-where i enjoyed it the rest of the family not so much πŸ˜† have a great weekend all you beautiful losers πŸ˜‰
    RT

I hope you used your sunblock RT. The UV has been extreme this week.
    Have a good weekend. P

I should have listened to the cat when he failed to moult in early spring. He’s still losing it, obviously knew he would need it now. Eight degrees overnight, 15 today’s high. Gale southerlies should ease later, though. They followed severe gale nor’westers and floods to go with the earthquakes. We have seriously displeased someone in power!

Still plenty of shakes, but all who wanted to leave Kaikoura have now been evacuated, and the inland road is now passable to army-type vehicles so they are getting supplies in. Our navy was to celebrate it’s 75th anniversary this week, so ships from many nations have joined the rescue efforts off the South Island. Thanks, all. πŸ™‚

There’s a lot more damage to Wellington’s buildings than first thought. The Sunday night rattler has been upgraded to 7.8, making it one of the largest on record.

I feel for all Kiwis in the aftermath of this. It will be a long, and expensive rebuild.
    The diversion of the warships as a force for good was a much more appropriate use than just parading, wasn’t it.
    We’ll send some warm weather over the ditch to you B. P

Thanks, P. The sun is shining now – will go and get some vitamin D πŸ™‚

🌞🌞

Morning/evening all,

A cold and frosty morning here with blue sky and sunshine.
    I’ve breezed through three FDs this week but had one tricky non FD. I’m not fasting again until Monday and doing 23/1 this weekend.

Have a good weekend everybody 😜

Are the Xmas lights out yet Amazon? We loved that aspect of the UK winter last year. πŸŽ„πŸŽ„ P

We have a damp sleety start to the weekend, but at least it didn’t freeze overnight so the lanes aren’t toboggan runs this morning.

I’m going to shop then set to on housework, never my favourite but there’s no ignoring the little sheep path of cat paw prints leading from the cat flap…

Hi P,

There are plenty of Christmas trees and lights in evidence already. I’ve bought tickets for the Kew Gardens Christmas event which is an evening walk through part of the gardens which is decorated with lights etc. I’ve not done it before and the friend I met for lunch on Wednesday said she has been a couple of times and it is lovely.

I’ve been out for a few things this morning and got the best of the sunshine. I went to Wholefoods Market which is a US business and the place is piled high with turkeys for Thanksgiving which is why I went. I’ve bought a free range bronze turkey breast which I’ve tucked away in the freezer until it is time to turn it into Turkey Wellington πŸ™‚

Happy, I have a black and white tiled kitchen floor which is at the back of my flat so there was often a trail and it never ceased to amaze me how paws could still be wet and/or muddy by the time they had been walked to the front room or even worse into the bedroom and up onto the bed! πŸ™€

Amazon, we walked through Kew Gardens in the daytime last December and saw the setup for the Christmas walk. It looked good. I’m sorry I won’t see the Edinburgh Xmas markets this year. They were wonderful.
    My floors are polised Cyprus pine. They don’t show anything. You can have a dead squashed cockroach on them (and I have) and you wouldn’t see it. Perfect for a lazy houseproud person πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰ P

A ‘lazy houseproud person’ – love it, I may borrow that Purple!!
    Your cypress pine must have big knots in it to disguise those cockroaches – I remember when we lived in Sydney years ago, the cockroaches were huge monsters!

Just completed my Saturday fast, the week was too busy/social to fit it in sooner! Glorious day here, spent mostly in the garden – feeding, mulching and planting up some pots with salvia, foxgloves and lobelia. A bit late but its been too cold here to think about gardening. I plan to do the same again tomorrow, I may even join you in a 23/1 Sunday Amazon. I find it easy to just have one meal if I have a whole day out in the garden.

My floors improved since the rain has eased and the four legged flokkati rug isnt planting his big wet paws everywhere! I eventually had him most of the week after his surgery – the cone around his neck to prevent him chewing out his stitches meant he could not negotiate his doggy door at home, so he needed to come to Nannas! I had some beef delivered on Friday (bought from a farm) and the driver took pity on Jack and his big sad ‘cone’ face. He gave him the biggest bone I have ever seen! I hope my little grandaughter does not grow as quickly as this puppy – at 5 months he now weighs 20kgs!

Jo seems to be missing in action – hope you are just dancing somewhere Jo, not like you to miss a day posting…..

Hi Nama,

23/1 is a must for me at the moment or my non FDs get out of control in no time at all!
    I am determined to either rid myself of the grazing habit or develop an iron will or I’ll never reach goal.
    My jeans feel looser today which is due to a combination of successful fasting and a week of very low carb eating. No bread in the house and no muffins or anything else tucked away in the freezer and I’m aiming to keep it that way for the next few weeks which won’t be easy but has to be done.

Purple,

They’ve started installing the Kew lights already. I spent a couple of minutes persuading my great nephew (age 14 months) that he would not be able to switch the spotlights on when we were there last Friday. He tried everything he could think of including twiddling and/or pushing every piece of metal and even searching the cable for a switch πŸ˜†

Hi Fast Trackers and Hello World (You All know Who You ARE) πŸ˜‰
    A quick look around the shops here would suggest that Christmas is coming πŸ˜† who knew when the kids where little I loved it and now that they have families of their own and the partners have parents and friends siblings nieces and nephews we have made the command decision to spend Christmas Day all together as a family every 2nd year on the odd year as I have decreed our family as quite odd πŸ˜‰ so 2017 will be our year. So this year yfee and I are going to do something we have wanted to do for like forever and that is pack up the esky put in the chairs and a table throw in the quick shade and head to the beach for a Christmas Day seafood Lunch on the beach I am the Director of all things foodie so looking forward to the challenge. Fasting has a long way to go with general acceptance certainly within my family and friends who still pull the face with eyes glazed and rolling back in their heads saying it is not right it’s not healthy I no longer engage in the conversation unless it’s a positive healthy one and not stuff of snake oil doctors witches and warlocks crack pot idea’s and have a negative tone simply not worth it and yet each one would benefit so much from the lifestyle change. But are not accepting to at the very least give it a go and measure the results on a private study of one.
    In order to carry a positive action we must develop here a positive vision. Dalai Lama
    Peace RT

Good Morning,
    How nice it is to start the with a nice positive post as the lastest from RT. Christmas tend to defeat the porpoise. A Day on the beach sure sounds nice and relaxing. In the US we have to deal with Thanksgiving first but here in Brazil they already started with Christmas deco.
    I am at Brasilia’s airport, local time is 6:22am and my flight to JFK will be at 10pm. I am tΓ΄ entire day to do whatever.
    I thought of getting out of the airport in SΓ£o Paulo but because I am not familiar with the City and safety perhaps I should be quiet at the airport.
    Time to board!
    Talk to you later πŸ’‹

Good Morning,
    How nice it is to start the with a nice positive post as the lastest from RT. Christmas tend to defeat the porpoise. A Day on the beach sure sounds nice and relaxing. In the US we have to deal with Thanksgiving first but here in Brazil they already started with Christmas deco.
    I am at Brasilia’s airport, local time is 6:22am and my flight to JFK will be at 10pm. I am tΓ΄ entire day to do whatever.
    I thought of getting out of the airport in SΓ£o Paulo but because I am not familiar with the City and safety perhaps I should be quiet at the airport.
    Time to board!
    Talk to you later πŸ’‹

Have a good trip back to the cold North HB
    RT, I LOVE a casual picnic on the beach on Xmas Day! We spent one on Manly Beach a few years ago, surrounded by “pommie” expats, all wearing santa hats with their swimmers and getting really excited about swimming in the heat on Christmas Day. 😊 P

Morning/evening all.

RT, A seafood lunch on the beach on Christmas Day sounds fabulous 😎
    Have a good trip home HCB πŸ™‚

I spent Christmas in Australia 3 years ago and the thing I enjoyed the most on Christmas Day was the hour I had to myself in my friends pool early in the morning. Coming from a country where Christmas falls in the middle of winter it was a rare and special treat.

HCB, have a good journey home πŸ™‚

We are experiencing gales and heavy rain across the South of the UK. Here in London we had a night of heavy rain and high winds but it is much worse in other areas especially along the coast from West to East and in many places especially Devon and Cornwall, flood warnings are in place and they are bracing themselves for another day of bad weather.
    It is dry here at the moment and the wind has dropped, but I don’t know how long that will last 😲😱

Have a good one everybody 😜

I presume you are holding your breath, with everything crossed right now Amazon? β›ΉGo Andy 😊😊P

Hi Purple,

I wasn’t nervous as after the first game I knew he was going to do it. My only concern was that he might be too tired after such a tough week. I’m so happy for him.
    Another amazing achievement is that he and his brother are world no 1 in singles and doubles simultaneously. A first!
    πŸ†πŸ†πŸ₯‡πŸ₯‡πŸŽ‡πŸŽ†πŸŽ‰πŸŽΎπŸŽΎπŸŽΎπŸŽΎπŸŽΎπŸΎπŸΎπŸΎ

A great achievement. It must be the Scottish blood!! 😊 That’s why I’m household champion of table tennis. πŸŽ–
    Monday, fast day here. P

Monday fast here also P a good part of the routine is it hardly registers at all now and that fast friends is the way of life in a nut shell.
    Peace RT

Indeed RT ☺
    Very reminiscent of the Gang Gajang song, we have thunder rolling all around us and the humidity building, but only a few drips of rain. We need it for the gardens.
    I’ve discovered iced black coffee as an excellent cooling fast day drink. 😊 P

Good Morning Fasters,
    You are quite right Nama, I was out dancing Sat night, Michael Bouble tribute event, really good and bowling Sat and Sunday(good wins) all is well in my world except my fasting this weekend which went for a trip to LA LA Land. Bloody buffet and three meals out with alcohol. Big row with bowls club about no hot vegetarian options for post match meal ( their cheddar cheese salad is rank) I prefer to fast.
    It’s back to the drawing board for me today starting with a two day no solid food fast to undo the weekend.
    Still Nordic Walking and swimming daily, so doing something right.
    Weather here has been pretty lively and very noisy so sleep has been intermittent at night.
    RT- I had mt first beach/ pool Christmas last year. Loved the weather but glad to be home this year with family. Good idea to alternate though, may do that myself with my daughter in NZ. Of course the Earthquake is a bit off putting to say the least. She tells me the aftershocks have been non stop and another quake likely within the month. I really hope she is wrong. It’s really worrying. Not sure what’s happening about our travel plans around the South Island in January, review after Christmas.
    PVE- I love Christmas markets, met Smithy at York, God was it 2014? time really flies, year, it was a very special time, we even went on a Merry Go Round.
    HCB- God I hate long stop overs between flights. I had 8 hours at Melbourne last year so I booked a room and went to sleep. Mind you I was unwell, damned gall bladder was playing up, since removed to prevent future trouble.

Amazon- What great news about Andy and Jamie, sadly I missed the games. Sounds like you are doing very well on the fasting front, well done! That Kew trip sounds good.

I have lots of Christmas meals booked over the next month, so there may be quite a few 23/1 days.

Morning/evening all,

It’s a miserable wet and windy morning here.

The weekend was spent in front of the TV yelling Come on Jamie/Andy and trying not to get nervous. I’ve been following Andy Murray since I first saw him play as a skinny, scruffy, spotty, stroppy and very talented 18 year old back in 2005 and he has come a long way transforming himself into the ultimate sportsman. The last time Ifollowd a tennis player that closely was back in the 80s and his name was Ivan Lendl. For those of you who don’t know, he’s now Andy’s coach πŸ™‚
    Look for Andy’s name with the prefix Sir on the NY honours list…….

It’s Monday so it must be a FD πŸ˜‰

I might have had a couple of extra glasses of wine yesterday when celebrating so went over TDEE but that can be remedied by an extra FD this week.

I had a vegetarian weekend, vegetables and a tiny amount of pasta in cheese sauce on Saturday and roasted roots, steamed green vegetables with mushroon ragout yesterday.
    I made pastry and froze lots of uncooked mince pies yesterday and I did have to cook and eat a couple purely for quality control purposes…

I have to wait in for a delivery today so am going to have to find something to keep me occupied but I don’t feel like doing anything. I may have to read the Obesity Code again πŸ˜‰

It’s like the Marie Celeste on this thread. Have those MIA fallen off the wagon?

I’ve had a good FD despite being hungry all day. It is amazing how processed carbs awaken the hunger dragon but I’ve managed to lull it back to sleep πŸ™‚

Sorry, Amazon, silent and fasting, but travelling.
    We are in sunny warm Rome and off to South America on Wednesday.

xx Wiwi

Hi Wiwi,

I was thinking more of people who’ve not been around for a while such as Nicky and Smiffy.

Have a good trip πŸ™‚

Hi Wi and Amazon
    I was wondering the same thing. Let’s hope our old mates are happy and cruising well. Life can get in the way, but fasting is a life long commitment. Journey well everyone. P 😊

Good evening All,
    Very busy day. Walking in horrendous weather( nearly got blown over), then Ballroom Fitness dance class, swimming(indoors as pool freezing today), food shopping then I went to the cinema to see ‘Fantastic beasts’. I really enjoyed this film today, only 6 people in the cinema.

Gave up on no food fast for a prawn salad, my hunger dragon was not to be tamed today. Try again tomorrow.

I don’t think I will get much sleep tonight, gale force winds again here. Still yawning from a disturbed night last night.

Jo, isn’t it better to eat normally tomorrow and fast the next day? It seems you still had a “low” day and it is important to balance this with normal (mindful) eating in between. The ups and downs of food consumption is the reason IF works. Continuous low cal days (like the Biggest Looser apparently do) only results in a lower metabolism and impossible to sustain. Sleep well. Eat tomorrow. Cheers P

Morning/evening all,

We have some blue sky this morning but it is still very windy.

Looking forward to my morning at the gym πŸ™‚

PVE,
    I will be following your advice today, too exhausted to fast. Howling winds all night and still horrible today. May try to get a nap this afternoon if it calms a bit. Not even walking the dogs this morning, impossible against the wind, opening the door nearly ripped my arm off when I was letting them out in the garden.
    Have a good day all

Hi Jo,

as Purple says it’s a good idea not to fast today but eat mindfully. Being very tired isn’t condusive to a successful FD in my experience. Eat something healthy but comforting and try to relax. Maybe you could do some yoga while you are at home.
    I hope you get some sleep tonight.

I had a good workout this morning but didn’t have the heart to get in the pool and fight my way through a couple of would be Michael Phelps taking up most of the pool and causing tidal waves with their poor style of swimming.

I’m thinking of going for a walk when I’ve finished my coffee but only if it remains dry as I’ve already had a shower today πŸ˜‰

Hi All,

Well we’ve caught the tail end of the weather, pretty wild and windy but nothing like you’ve seen down south.

I fasted today, another nice easy 24 hours powered by coffee, green tea and miso. Fasts are definitely necessary now the food is stodgy winter comfort fare.

On the subject of tiredness, whilst being tired undermines the will, I find if I’m tired I’m less likely to fall asleep at my desk if I’m fasting. If I have lunch when I’m tired I need a siesta!

Viewing 50 posts - 201 through 250 (of 7,277 total)

You must be logged in to reply.