Keep Fasting with JoJo(continued from Lose 2 lb per week)

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Keep Fasting with JoJo(continued from Lose 2 lb per week)

This topic contains 7,125 replies, has 64 voices, and was last updated by  Barata 9 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 751 through 800 (of 7,277 total)

• Thanks so much Nama I really appreciate the feedback and follow up FB gee I dont know i sort of am really self conscious on here being the only male now as it is and I just feel taking the next step to a private chat room is probably a bridge too far this is said and made with as much respect love and goodwill to all who are in the inner sanctum but i don’t think its a good fit for me.? I hope this makes some sense to you.
    RT

RT,
    When you are ready we would welcome you to our Facebook Group. There is no need to post photos if you choose not too. Some of us put holiday views on it or videos of events. I put a clip of the recent Panto I attended. Ours ‘Fast Trackers’ is the only Facebook I use as I find the general ones too time consuming. My family use them all the time. I just devote myself to the thread when I have a few spare moments.
    Barrata- sent you a message with Itinery. Hope you had a good trip to Sydney.

Nama- i hope you were not too badly burned. I am determined not to gain weight this trip and will be employing 23/1 when possible. I took my measurements today and my daughter and I are doing a weekly weight in while I am away(she gained 2 kilos over Christmas so keen to lose it) I think the biggest problem will be physical activity. I will take my Nordic Poles and do some long walks. If I can find a pool I will use it. The key ‘as always’ is to drink lots of water but that can be a nuisance on long flights with toilet queues and trolleys in the way. I have booked an aisle seat anyway. Getting excited now.
    Trying an aqua aerobics class this morning, not a big fan of them but a change is as good as a rest. No Yoga this week before my trip, protecting my back. Packing a hot water bottle(pain relief) and my travel scales went to NZ with my daughter last week. My aim is to ‘maintain’ this trip as I think it is ambitious to plan to lose when I can’t control all the meals. I will choose healthy options when available but I think the odd sandwich will be eaten.
    Yes SW has been good for me but the consultants advice is ridiculous bearing in mind current nutritional data. It’s a low fat, replacement and restricted sugar programme. It does work for its members while they are on the programme but I wonder what happens when they stop. Like any other diet they could easily regain quickly as they are not learning that sugar and substitutes are bad news. But then most of us regain if we stop fasting 5:2. I am very happy with the changes I have made in my diet because my health and wellbeing, especially energy levels have dramatically improved. Exercise is firmly embedded in my lifestyle and adds quality to my life. I still need to control both portion size and attitude to some unhealthy treats I still ‘reward’ myself with on occasions. Rewards definitely need to be ‘non’ food in future. I still don’t think I have ‘cracked’ it yet as goal is still far away but I am beginning to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I am proud of my achievement through the holidays and it has given me confidence that ‘I can’ do whatever I set my mind on. It won’t be a picnic though. One day at a time!
    Summer, summer,here I come, I can’t wait, it’s freezing outside today.

Morning/evening all,

It is a mild, drizzly day here.

I enjoyed my dinner yesterday and have leftovers for today. It was basically a roasted veg and quinoa salad plus roasted cauliflower. Nothing out of the ordinary but combinations I wouldn’t have thought of. I’ve already got some ideas on tweaking both recipes πŸ™‚

I’ve set myself a target of eating something new ie something I’ve not cooked before, for dinner every night next week. I have a fridge and rack full of all manner of veggies and salad plus some tofu and the new grains I bought so I’m going to be perusing recipes today.
    I want to make pad Thai, I had a couple of really nice dishes of it in Cambodia and in Myanmar last year, and there are lots of as yet untried recipes in my latest cookery books πŸ™‚

I’m also going to stick with 23/1 as I went back to 16/8 yesterday and it was a bad idea.

RT, we rarely chat on the FB thread as it was originally set up so we could arrange to meet up with each other. It is mainly used to post photos so if you change your mind let us know πŸ™‚

Have a good one everybody 😜

RT I get it, completely understand re F/B, it was just a suggestion. We could just treat you like “one of the girls though!” If you change your mind I am certain you would fit right in…

Jo I think aiming for maintaining on holiday is realistic and not setting yourself up to fail. Obviously you dont want to pile weight on, but you have come a long way recently and I am sure you will be fine, especially if your daughter is also watching her weight. Sunburn not too serious thanks, just a surprise as I have not been burnt for years, I was tricked by the cool breeze on the beach!

Nama,

I’m glad to hear you aren’t badly burnt. In my experience sea breezes are sunburn enhancers and whenever I go somewhere with such conditions I apply extra sunscreen and frequently especially as it usually means I’m in and out of the sea and having been burnt through the water of a swimming pool and also when sitting in the shade on a boat trip I don’t want it to ever happen again.
    Having said that, it sounds like a perfect way to keep relatively cool in such hot conditions. I spoke to my Adelaide friend a couple of days ago and she said it was boiling so any cooler weather must have just come in.

I’ve been busy booking tickets for shows, the David Bowie musical Lazarus which is practically a sell-out and ends on 22nd is my first port of call on Wednesday. The following week is the cinema for La La Land which is free due to tickets being paid for by my loyalty points πŸ™‚ and in the first week of February we are going to the Australian Impressionists exhibition at the National Gallery which I’m really looking forward to.

A friend of mine who comes from Hull is there this weekend looking at what is in store for visitors to the 2017 City of Culture. I’m hoping to visit for a few days in the spring but need to do some in depth research as not everyting is on all year and I shall be picking his brain when I see him so I don’t miss out on anything due to lack of local knowledge.

Thanks Amazon, should know better at my age!
    I loved La La Land, not sure what the fuss is about Ryan Gosling, but he played his own piano pieces which was impressive. If you are not a huge fan of musicals it can be a bit slow at times, especially the opening number (one review called it a bit camp, I agree), but overall very enjoyable. Husband loved it, wants to go again, he loves musicals. It leans more to a European style than American, a nice change. Whoops, didnt start out to ‘review’ it!

There are a lot of films around that I want to see but quite a few are dark and serious and I’m in search of lighthearted and uplifting. I don’t need a gripping plot or edge of my seat excitement, I just want to leave the cinema with a smile on my face.
    And I like musicals πŸ™‚

thank you

Hello All,
    Amazon-I have found 23/1 the best plan I have done yet, its so simple and so effective. Still averaging 1lb per week but I am learning to live with that these days.

The Aqua Aerobic’s Class was an experience and I suspect I may ‘feel it’ in my calves tomorrow but generally I enjoyed it, nice friendly group of people. The instructor was excellent(no shouting) and the music very much 70’s. We couldn’t hear any instructions so we copied what she was demonstrating. It was difficult to do the exercises at the same speed as her due to water resistance but I did my best. I didn’t find it particularly hard and she told me afterwards that I had excellent energy levels. So I guess I will replace my Sunday swim for this one hour class.

Nama- Compared to other SW dieters I am a slow coach, many average 3 lb per week, it’s amazing. The most successful cook from scratch and have a varied menu plan. This is one of my goals this year, expand my food group, much like Amazon is doing. I included chicken today to make a change from fish.

Amazon- I got a cinema gift voucher for Xmas, thrilled with it. I love musicals and feel good factor movies too.

Hi Jo,

I’ve got a very busy week planned so 23/1 should be relatively easy to accomplish. I made guacamole on Friday to go with the chilli and had some left over so decided to have brunch yesterday which in itself wasn’t an issue, but it awakened the hunger dragon and led to eating too much.

I stuck to a single meal today and all is well.

I’m desperate to get to the gym tomorrow and am looking forward to working really hard. The plan for the first part of this year is to do more muscle strengthening and go to the gym more often so that I do the same amount of cardio vascular work but spread it over more days. It remains to be seen if I can accomplish that but I’ll give it my best. I think the most difficult part will be getting out of bed in the morning!

The aqua classes at my gym are well attended but I’ve never been tempted to try one. I’ll stick to swimming in the pool.
    I might start Pilates again later in the year but I don’t want to do too much at once so will see how things go.

1lb per week is excellent πŸ™‚

I weigh less than I did this time last year so I have to be happy with that and increase my efforts to reach goal. I’m hoping that things will start moving in the right direction again once I’m back into a routine.

Thanks team appreciate your comments as always it’s really interesting to see how the changed eating window is working so well for some of you now the 23/1 has growing a following is this a daily discipline Or fast day only? the blood sugar diet of 800 calories a day for 8 weeks was seen as very intense and therefore unsustainable but combined with 23/1 and one eating occasion a day I see a strong link for yfee she is continuing really well & has the fasting elements well in hand and she and her sister joined the new local 24 hour gym they go together for an hour every other day now and have worked out their own circuit and appear happy to dodge the busy time of classes and go when it’s a little quieter nothing succeeds like success and positive results as Rachel Hunter did once say β€œit wont happen overnight but it will happen” beautiful early morning crisp fresh air 10000 steps in the bank Monday so lets get our fast on.
    β€œIt’s is easier to avoid eating than to stop eating once started”

Peace RT

Hi RT,

I’ve been doing 23:1 on FDs for a couple of years and was doing 16:8 on other days but I’ve been having problems staying within TDEE so decided to make 23:1 a daily discipline.
    I don’t want to be doing it forever but if it helps me get back to losing weight every week I’ll gladly continue until I reach goal.

Good to hear that your wife is doing well πŸ™‚

Good to hear your wife is embracing IF, RT. Has she seen good results?
    Amazon, do you eat 1300 odd calories on your non fast 23:1 days? P

Very early good morning all,
    Woke up thinking about all the things I need to get done this week. Put them on a list so I can now relax. Hopefully I can now read for a bit and go back to sleep.

RT- I am also doing 23/1 daily but I only count calories on fast days( 400-500 cals maximum). Other days I stick to protein( fish, seafood, eggs and now chicken) plus lots of veg and fruit no processed carbs or sugar so not high calories. Still cook fish and eggs in butter as I prefer taste. It’s tough but I have accepted it’s the only way forward for me. If I need a treat these days it is always a healthy one ( fruit, yogurt, milky coffee or nuts)and usually within my eating hour, that’s the discipline that has been hard to learn. Definitely have cut previous quantity of fruit in favour of veg due to sugar spikes and fat storage. Only draw back I find is feeling cold, rarely take off my fleece and frequently need a hot water bottle in the evenings. I drink my 8 glasses of water daily( plus green or normal tea)walking 45 mins minimum with Poles daily, also one hour at gym minimum most days but three per week are dance classes others either swim or non aerobic e.g. Yoga, Pilates, Body Balance. Occasionally I attend an over 50’s weight training class- very low key. I think I need to push myself a bit harder to sweat and breathing heavy level to get fitter but don’t want to get more injuries. Dance class and walking fast uphill are still challenging. I do not classify my bowling as exercise as it’s mostly standing about with some bending, very low step count ( under 3000 in 2.5 hours)
    Strangely my energy levels( or should I say motivation)are great until eating time at about 5 -6 pm then I become a couch potato( yet I am not physically tired). Luckily I have three evenings when I have activities. I combine TV watching with writing, playing patience or sewing. When it’s warmer I plan to walk in the evenings for an hour.
    Emotionally I still find ‘frustration and loneliness’ my triggers to going ‘off plan’. I keep myself busy but I still do most activities on my own as most of my friends are not ‘ active’ they prefer lunch or going for a coffee’, these temptations I can live without but I don’t want to stop seeing friends. I usually just have a cuppa but they have biscuits and cakes but it spoils the meeting for them and me, they feel guilty and I feel deprived (it’s a bugger).

Jo, I’m a great believer in lists as well – write things down as you think of them then you only need to throw it all together at the end. Always works πŸ™‚ See you soon!

Barata,
    I am afraid my memory is not good enough to manage without lists. It’s only 8.15 am and 4 items ticked off already. Thank goodness for email, FaceTime and Whatsap. The rest will be sorted by phone after 9 am.

Fasting today and looking forward to it. My garden group coming here this afternoon. We are discussing our favourite garden tool ( seriously!) mine is a grass weeder which removes dandelions root and all without bending. Of course it also leaves a massive hole which has to be filled with soil but it seems to be the most effective. Grass friendly weed killers just don’t work on dandelions. I am going to offer them fruit instead of cake, hope they appreciate it.

Do you want me to bring you any UK delicacy over? Marks and Spencer knickers? Ha Ha

How strange. Did we talk about M & S knickers? They would be the one thing… (Sorry, RT) Will message you.

Hi Jo,
    When we were invited to (DIL’s relatives) private homes in Hanoi last year, without fail there was freshly sliced fruit offered – never cake. Tell your garden group that you don’t want to ‘undo’ the health benefits of gardening by giving them unhealthy food!!
    Another compulsive list maker here! Gives a sense of control when things are busy…

ps whats so special about M & S’s knickers?

Morning evening all,

Another mild and damp morning,
    There’s a tube strike today and it’s probably chaos out there so I’m going to the gym later on in order to avoid all those poor frustrates folk trying to get to work.

Purple, I used to calculate TDEE including exercise but I’ve recently re-calculated adding a year as my birthday is this month and using sedentary and goal weight and am using that.

Nama, apparently the majority of women in the UK buy their underwear in M&S, including me. Having said that I’m becoming less impressed with the style and quality and once I reach goal I shall be looking elsewhere.

Time to get moving,

Nama- comfort is the answer.
    I have tried most makes and always return to M&S.
    I will send your London Underground tea towel when it arrives, ordered it ages ago, they have just confirmed delivery this week.

Barrata- message me size, colour and type( high waist, tango?), I will get them for you.

Any other orders girls, not too bulky please.

Up, up and away- dreaming of summer

Hi snowy France

Ah M & S knickers- I recommend them!
    Good to read exchanges. I agree that 23/1 is good.
    My sugar free/ simple carb-free January is going well as is 4:3.

Funny last week on a non-fast day, I went into fat-burning mode in spite of eating “normally”. I am wondering if qualitatively, fat burning can be triggered as well as quantitatively. Any thoughts?

It’s cold here, but not extreme at present, we are too far south for the arctic weather.
    We are off to Wales on Wednesday for work.
    You must be off soon, Jo. Hope to see you for a drink on 9 February. We arrive in Wgtn at 5pm.

The damage South American food and Christmas inflicted on me is quite bad. I am back up to 10 kg above goal. All goes to show that eternal vigilance is necessary.

Happy fasting.
    xx Wiwi

Hi All: Good skills Jojo with the 23/1 and renewed positivity is impressive!! Purple yfee is a little coy on the numbers the past month but roughly 3kg a month for her previous 2 months she is really a contented soul…I thought M & S’s knickers was a chocolate bar 😳 my bad so I am very glad we have cleared this mystery up for the men folk ME πŸ˜† I had the unexpected good fortune of stumbling across a ABC program last night a doco β€œhow to stay young” with Dr Chris van Tulleken and Angela Rippon who for 71 is simply stunning IMO the exercise to measure life expectancy is a ripper I had a go few laughs as well
    you can catch the show here it really is great viewing
    http://iview.abc.net.au/programs/how-to-stay-young/ZW0782A001S00
    Peace RT

I think that’s snickers RT 😊
    Well done to your yfee. Of course she’s contented. Why wouldn’t she be? πŸ˜‰πŸ˜‰P

RT,

That program was shown on UK TV a while ago. You must be talking about the sit-stand test?! Sadly I’m not going to live forever, although I have managed it perhaps once!

I too do 23/1 on fast days now, but not every day! I’m not ready to limit my eating window on a regular basis…At least not yet! I need some extra tricks in reserve as I age 😞

Great news on yfee btw, you must both be thrilled.

Hi Happy and thank you as you know she has had a couple of goes at the fast life and to be fair yfee may have not been in the right head space for success now 58 recently and given up the smokes hormones creating havoc increasing weight gain hot flushes night sweats etc what’s the meaning of life yadda yadda but very proud of her tenacity this is reflective in her results so all power to her. Yes Happy you are spot on the sit stand test a great work out πŸ™„ I will be putting the challenge out to my son’s at the next family gathering don’t you worry πŸ˜‰

I can’t do the sit/stand test but I’m blaming it on surgery on both feet and two surgeries on my left knee. We won’t talk about the historic bad back and the arthritic hip πŸ˜‰

My FD went well today although by mid-morning I had lost the will to go out in the pouring rain to the gym but,

I used to do Elle Macpherson’s The Body workout. I wore out 2 DVDs and then bought a new laptop without a disc drive. I was thinking about it this morning and decided to look on you tubeand someone has uploaded it!
    I got my exercise gear on and did it from start to finish with no pauses πŸ™‚ and really enjoyed it.
    I found the aerobic sections much easier which tells me that my hard work at the gym is paying off, and I had no problem with the other sections which are for muscle strength and toning and even used my heaviest set of weights for the upper body work. I always enjoyed doing this particular workout so now have something I can do at home in an hour on the days I don’t go to the gym, and there is no excuse not to.

Good evening all,
    Amazon- well done on the home workout. I can never motivate myself to do exercise at home. I have lots of DVD’s but I don’t use them. Weird isn’t it? I can always motivate myself to go out to exercise.

It’s been a good day and fast. 23/1 is routine for me now just like going to the gym, it really helps me.

Garden Club was good but the fruit didn’t go down as well as the shortcake biscuits someone brought with them. I had also made mulled wine but everyone preferred to have tea. Shame it was delicious, I had to taste it of course. It will be a non fast day treat tomorrow. Sent most of it home with a friend, she has a very bad cough. I think she may sleep well tonight, it was very alcoholic.

RT- you have obviously been a very good influence on your wife.

Happy- I will check out the test on the link and see if I am up to it.

Wiwi- I will let you know my hotel, meet you there on the 9 th if that is OK? Don’t be disheartened I got back on track, you can too. Sending you hugs xx

Amazon,
    Great to revisit a familiar workout and be pleasantly surprised by how fit you are!

Sadly Jo,
    I’m exactly the same re: motivation for home exercise! I don’t have any exercise DVDs though – obviously know myself well enough not to bother! I do back stretches, a few core strengthening exercises intermittently, and knee raises/heel kicks/squats while waiting for water to boil.

I really do need to pull my finger out over winter though to I maintain fitness year round.

Sorry to hear biscuits trumped fruit. Not really a surprise! Ever notice what’s left at a buffet? Salad and fruit!

Happy,
    Interestingly out of 12 people, myself included 5 declined shortcake whilst the others had more than two biscuits. The fruit served me well after my chicken salad dinner. Fortunately my husband ate the leftover biscuits. Biscuits don’t usually tempt me but I was a fan if good shortbread, especially homemade which this was. One lady he 3 sugars in her tea, she was the only one to use sugar. I noticed that most people have given it up in drinks compared to my youth when everyone added sugar. I myself didn’t stop having sugar until I was 18, enough time to become a sugar addict.

Well having seen utube presentation I trie the sit stand test. I can only do the sit but, once down my body refused to budge, just too much weight. Not sure if I will ever be able to do it again as weight goes on ankles. One of my ankles had extensive surgery four years ago. But I can do a ‘squat’ sit and stand which is a common yoga requirement and full ‘dancer’ which is a strong quad stretch used daily in my dance class and yoga class so my balance quite good. I will try the sit/stand test when at goal. You must be very fit to do it, well done. As I have always been active I do have good muscle strength and balance, just not sufficient for my current weight. Another reason to keep going. The sad thing is I used to do sit/stand without effort in my early days at yoga, along with a lot if other exercises I can only dream of doing now. But even my instructors now say they have to accept their age related limitations, many instructors are over 70 at my gym. Some run 3 or 4 full on aerobic classes every day.
    Inspirational!

Morning/evening all,

I’ve been exercising on and off since the early 80s when I felt the burn with Jane Fonda πŸ˜‰ It was easier to fit in with work shifts and on call than try to attend a class every week.
    When I lost the first 3 stones on 5:2 in 2013 I worked out at home at least 3 times per week and it became a normal component of my morning routine. Motivation was strong and once I got used to doing it I felt sluggish if I didn’t do it for a few days.
    It stands to reason that I should be fitter after 2 years of going to the gym but it was great to feel the evidence πŸ™‚

My shoulders are feeling it this morning so the rowing machine might be interesting when I get to the gym….
    And I’ve just coughed which prompted my abs to say ouch!
    That highlights two areas that aren’t getting enough work at the gym so is both food for thought and motivation to continue the homework.

Happy, there are lots of workouts on youtube that range from a few minutes to an hour so you could always take a look and see if there is anything that might tempt you.

Amazon,

I think you’ve just demonstrated why we should all cross-train…So all muscle groups get worked!

The YouTube idea is a good one, I’ll look into it, thanks.

Jo,

You misunderstood! I can’t do the sit-stand without one point of contact (hand), although I have managed it definitely once since watching the program. I’ve lost a lot of flexibility since damaging my spine, not only in my back but hips also, which I think hinders my efforts. I really ought to do more yoga and work on it I know…

Since I first had a problem with my hip in 2015 I stopped Pilates and using the resistance machines at the gym. I’ve been telling myself for ages I need to do more and I have started using the machines again but not as frequently as before but I’ll just do some cardio today though or I won’t be able to move πŸ˜–

I’ve known for ages that my core strength has diminished and am pleased that I’ve finally gotten round to doing something about it.

I’ll never be able to do sit/stand however fit I become as my knee prevents any attempt to sit cross legged. When stretching after working out I have to adapt my position to accomodate it as flexing more than 90Β° is painful.

Time to go πŸ™‹

I know I shouldn’t say this, but I can do the sit-stand without assistance within about three seconds. Ten points for the woman over there… Very fortunate not to have had any structural realignment over the years, I suppose.

Barrata,
    You get the crown, well done.

Happy, well done with one hand only to raise, I need a fork lift Ha Ha
    That said I am doing Yoga this afternoon but really taking it easy so I don’t damage my back before my trip. Had a great game of bowls today. Interestingly I was called into the office at the end of my game. I was presented with a menu of vegetaian( hot ) options to be put on this year. I nearly jumped up in the air to do an air punch but thought better of it. Progress indeed, I approved the list and thanked them for responding to my suggestions. I immediately put myself down for future games. Hoorah, hoorah!

The sun is shining and all is well with the world. Off to walk for at least an hour then I am digging out my exercise DVD’s, I promise to do at least one before bedtime.

Hi again,

Well done Barata, keep up the good work!
    Sit/stand is a great indicator for those without any health/mobility/previous issues and everyone who can should try it as it might be a wake-up call for some.

The gym was good this morning. My quads were complaining when I first got on the bike but once I got warmed up all was well despite some coughing which also settled down. No problems with my upper body or abs which was very pleasing. I also set up my own programme on the treadmilll rather then using any of the pre installed options. Time to ring the changes and up the intensity.

I am ravenous so have decided my eating window is going to be earlier today. Roasted veggies and halloumi on a bed of salad, yum yum.

Jo you must be thrilled that the bowls club have realised that they’ve been guilty of discrimination and unfair practice toward you. I hope it works out and I expect that you won’t be the only one who chooses a non meat option.

If you are looking after your back is using an exercise DVD after a game of bowls, a walk and a yoga class a good idea?????

Hello my Fasting Tribe,
    We’ve finally made it to Florida! What would take us up to 3 days only took us 3hours.
    Little Sasha at the begining of the flight wasn’t sure what was that all about but 1 hour prior to landing she fell asleep.
    The same day we got here my husband started picking up some leaves and showed up with a swollen hand that became worst the day after. There were no insects bite marks. I took him to the doctor and he ask us to wait before taking medication. He is fine now but sure it got worst before it got better.
    You guys probably realized already that my dicipline is not good. I have several videos but when I pay the gym that forces me to use it.
    The weather here is beautiful! We are doing lot’s of yard clean-up and walking Sasha.
    Very happy for those of you who finally could find the begining of the thread to keep you in place for lose and keep it off.
    RT, menopause socks! I know is part of a woman’s life but hot flashes, sleepless, tiredness, mood swings and weight gain it’s not a joke.
    I will watch that video later and hopefully I put myself on Fasting mode again soon.
    Of to get a new pair of sneakers now.
    Hugs and Kisses from Florida ❀️

Amazon,
    I totally forgot I had booked Tai Chi not Yoga, so boring but at least safe for my back. I left after 40 minutes, never again! Dull, dull, dull. Bowling is not really classified as exercise by me.

I looked through my DVD’s and selected Darcy Bussell Pilates for Life, an introductory course. Just did first section, it was fine. Now chilling in front of the TV

I am really pleased about the menu change at the club but I will reserve judgement until I have tried the meals. They listed spinach quiche, vegetable pasty and
    Veg pasta bake, obviously only one will be available each week. It seems that salmon cannot be considered because of cost but I did suggest salmon fish cakes. I think these would be popular with non vegetarians too.

HCB,

Good to know you’re all OK, if in need of motivation!

I love the thought of menopause socks, where can I get a pair? 😁

Jo,

On Amazon’s recommendation I went to YouTube and found Joe Wickes. I found him a bit annoying when I saw him on telly, but he has a low impact HIIT workout… And my back is stiff and sore this week after popping a disc again last week… What can I say? Ow ow ow. When he says for the third and fourth reps, keep punching up in the air, all I can do is flail my weedy arms weakly 😡

Menopause socks 🀣🀣🀣

Hi HCB, glad to hear you are safe and sound in Florida πŸ™‚

Happy, you have my sympathy and I hope some low impact exercise gets you moving freely again soon.

Jo, am I correct in my recollection that you pay Β£8-Β£9 for your meal at bowls? How can they possibly say that salmon is too expensive……

Hi Amazon,
    That charge covers green fees usually Β£4.00 and pudding, usually crumble and custard plus tea at half way point so cost is in fact very low. Bearing in mind some couples are playing 3 or 4 games per week. Club also subsidises coaches for way games in London and SE.

Off to bowls now so must rush. 1/2 down today and fasting to make it 1 by Saturday.

Hi Guys,
    Well I have had to stop my fast today as I had a ‘turn’ today. After a fantastic bowls game which obviously went straight to my head. I felt very light headed when stopped on my way home to collect my travel currency. The assistant said ‘Are you Ok? You have gone very pale’ I didn’t even get the chance to reply before I fainted. Very strange, I am not given to fainting even through pregnancy when I had low blood pressure. Obviously I decided to get home a.s.a.p. and cook some lunch. This is not an ideal scenario before a long flight so I am arranging to see a nurse tomorrow to get my blood pressure checked. I feel fine now and have decided to rest up this afternoon. Luckily no injuries (apart from a bruised elbow and pride) received when I collapsed. Two very nice men hoisted me up and onto a chair someone found. It did take me a good 15 minutes to feel good enough to drive the 5 minutes home very slowly.

Glad to hear you’re OK now Jo.

I had a similar turn last year at the physiotherapists on the morning after a fast day, revived by a lie down and a glass of water. I do have low-normal BP, so guess that explains it in my case.

Hopefully just a one off for you too, but sensible to get checked.

I’m just at the end of a fast, half an hour off eating.

My arm and shoulder muscles are sore today after my HIIT yesterday. I’ve obviously lost upper body fitness over winter, so I’m determined to carry on with home workouts…Once I’ve recovered from the first one! Hopefully tomorrow…

HI everyone,

Jo I hope you are feeling better.

I’ve had a really nice day. I went to the gym this moring and had agoodworkout followed by the first swim of the year. I cam home got changed and went into town to see the musical Lazarus which was thought up and co written by the late great David Bowie along with a very talented playwright called Enda Walsh. It is based on the character that DB played in the film “The man who fell to earth” You would have to be a Bowie fan to enjoy it and this one sure did πŸ™‚
    It included lots of Bowie songs some of which were specially written for the production and it was first staged in New York in late 2015 a few months before DB died so he was able to see his idea turn into a reality.
    I thoroughly enjoyed it and was really pleased that I decided to get myself a ticket as the run ends on 21st and I don’t know if they are planning another. The lead was played by the original star of the NY production and he was excellent.

It is a cold winters day with a bitter wind and I decided to take myself out for a pizza on the way home having not eaten yet today. I am now home in the warm replete and happy after what turned into a very special day.

Happy,

I thought I had gotten away with no significant after effects of my workout on Monday until I got into the pool today and my abs protested when I stretched my arms forwards on every stroke for the first 5 or 6 minutes 😬 I persevered though as it was so nice to swim for the first time in weeks.

That’s no good, Jo. Hope you get a clear report from the nurse. The only times I have fainted was during pregnancy, or once when unwell.

Although if you did want to cancel your trip to NZ I would fully understand – gale force winds today, accompanied by rain, following low cloud and strong winds yesterday. Where’s our summer??

It’s over here Barata 😰
    Sorry to hear about your fainting session Jo. I’ve had rhat happen a few times during my lifetime:when I was pre menopause as a result of low blood pressure, then the reverse after 50…high bp! That is why I am happy to take bp medication now. Rehydration definitely is the key. Mr P did it after our long flight to Boston. The resulting fire engine and 2 ambulances that arrived at the restaurant to help him was a trifle over the top.
    Get it checked. Keep an eye on it, but definitely ensure you drink, drink, drink (water) on the long flight to stay hydrated.
    P 😊

Barata,
    I definitely don’t want to cancel my trip. I was drinking all morning so it wasn’t a hydration thing. It would be nice if you put in a request for summer starting Monday please, after all I am paying a fortune for this trip.
    Happy- feel fine(ish)now but will get checked out. It was a long queue in a confined are at the counter so I am thinking ‘standing still’ may have been a cause. I do stand about a lot at bowls but usually fidget a lot. Sitting around this afternoon and evening hasn’t been very enjoyable and I have been drinking and nibbling quite a lot.
    Hopefully I can do another fast day on Friday if I feel ok. Currently I feel a bit like I have a hangover. Early night on the cards for me.
    Amazon and Happy – my calves suffered a bit after the aqua class but all good after the dance workout. Definitely pays to try new workouts.

Barata
    Ok, I give up, I will pack a woolly, a hat and a raincoat. Seriously! Maybe I will bring Honk Kong weather with me from my stopover.
    I had an interesting night, waking up 3 times soaked to the skin so had to air my bed and change nighty. Yet this morning I feel fine, who knows what’s going on? I have my breast screening appt this morning then blood pressure check. Taking it easy today, just a little house work and checking my packing list for last minute essentials. I think I am going to avoid the gym today and tomorrow just to be on the safe side. It’s a miserable day here, grey and chilly.
    Amazon- that musical sounds amazing. I have been playing my old Bowie Albums recently, bit of a tribute to the icon, sad loss. Lucky you seeing the show. Hopefully there will be a re-run at some point.
    Keeping the eating under control today as I ate far too much yesterday as I was feeling really fed up. Interesting link ‘fed up’

Have a good day everyone

Morning/evening all,

Jo, sounds like your body is fighting off something. Taking it easy is an excellent idea. Try to ensure you get some extra vitamin C in your diet for the next couple of days.

I’m at home today and am watching tennis from Sydney.
    I decided three consecutive days at the gym after a long break isn’t a good idea especially as despite stretching after my workout I was getting signs of cramp yesterday evening. I did some more stretching which solved the problem but I’ll do the home workout this afternoon and if it is too much I can stop.
    The weather forecast for today is grim πŸ’§β˜”β„β˜ƒ so a good decision all round πŸ™‚

I’m fasting today and have a portion of the tasty and filling chilli defrosting for dinner.

Viewing 50 posts - 751 through 800 (of 7,277 total)

You must be logged in to reply.