Keep Fasting with JoJo(continued from Lose 2 lb per week)

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Keep Fasting with JoJo(continued from Lose 2 lb per week)

This topic contains 7,125 replies, has 64 voices, and was last updated by  Barata 9 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 801 through 850 (of 7,277 total)

• Hi all,

We are off to Jamieson for 4 days – starting the sorting/chucking/transporting of 16 years accumulated ‘stuff’ – so just popping in to say hello all and especially Bon Voyage to you Jo. I hope your health sorts itself out, cutting it a bit fine! At least you are not going to one of those 3rd world countries that our intrepid traveller Amazon is drawn to! If things fall apart (literally) at least you will be within close proximity to good healthcare, family and friends! I am hopeful your recent symptoms can be explained simply, so have a wonderful time in NZ. I look forward to the usual great travelogue reports!

Enjoy the tennis Amazon, the good stuff starts next week!
    Cheers all xx

Hi,
    Amazon-I think you are right especially as my blood pressure was perfect, in fact she said it was good for my age 120/75 but she said she wasn’t surprised as I have a higher than average daily exercise level and very healthy diet. She is not convinced about ‘fasting’ but knows I am health conscious so thinks I can be responsible. She suggested I have one week of healthy 3 meals per day but still cutting sugar and most carbs. It was possibly that I was fighting an allergic reaction (something I had not considered) to something I have inhaled or eaten. Interestingly I had been coughing after being overwhelmed by the smell of bleach in the changing room at bowls. Being an asthmatic I have had reactions before to both bleach and oven cleaner. She suggested that I get a full set of blood tests done tomorrow if I can get an appointment but the clinic is very, very busy at the moment.
    It was freezing up the park today so glad to be leaving winter for a while.
    Just made some nice warming chicken curry for lunch, smells amazing. I hear you are due some snow tonight. Wee- Have you got snow today? brrrhhhh Keep warm and safe.

Jo,

Why did the nurse suggest you eat 3 meals per day as it makes no sense and the only reason I can think of it that she doesn’t believe in fasting.

If you have had an allergic reaction it will pass and if you have a virus it will do what it will and eating 3 meals won’t make a jot of difference.

Don’t undo all your good work of recent weeks by taking the advice of a sceptic.

Amazon. πŸ‘

Amazon,
    I suspect she really thought that caused the blood pressure drop. If you don’t understand fasting you are suspicious of it. Don’t worry I won’t be taking her advice. I know that 3 meals per day won’t work for my weight control. I will skip breakfast, have soup for lunch on non fast days for the next week with healthy dinner. I will probably do 5/2 while away with 23/1 on fast days. I will be as flexible as I need to be to keep healthy and at the minimum maintain over the next month. If I can lose over Christmas and New Year I can do anything.

By going back to 2 meals per day you ARE taking her advice.

Oh I found y’ all! Thank Goddess! After a heart wrenching and dark fall election time, I decided to binge on Downton Abby and then get back to the UK site to fast! It worked! lol. So I started fasting this week…just short ones to build my strength up, but a good start. How have y’all been!

Amazon- no she said three meals per day, I am adding a liquid lunch for one week, bit different to solid food.

I read your original post. My point is that you are changing something that was working well for you and you wouldn’t have done so if you hadn’t seen the nurse today.

Amazon,
    It’s true but I am a little worried about fainting whilst on holiday and injuring myself. It would put a damper on my trip. A miso soup at lunchtime won’t effect my weight loss.
    Nama,
    Good Luck with the clear out. Please email me, think you have my email address if not messenger with your address. I have your tea towel. I will send it from New Zealand.
    Slim- Welcome back and good Luck with your fasting.

Hi Fast Trackers And Hello World (You All know Who You ARE) πŸ˜‰
    Happy Friday the 13Th the SA super storm was a letdown but now extremely humid. We are off to Adelaide for the weekend the youngest son is staying with the big brother for 2 weeks holidays and I am due in court on Monday for the beginning of what appears to be a long expensive and pointless estate wind up have a great weekend safe travels Jojo the unluckiest person by far πŸ˜‰ and the adventurer Amazon I will practice the sit stand next week I found this while researching something else sharing is caring…
    Dr Michael Mosely How To Stay Healthy, Sydney Opera House 2016
    60 min presentation I think I spotted Purple I enjoyed watching this
    You can to…..here
    https://thebloodsugardiet.com/videos/
    Peace RT

Hi Jo, that is so kind of you, I actually thought you were joking about the teatowel update! Cant wait to compare the new and the old, will post a pic of them together! Will send you my address on messenger.
    Good luck with the lawyers RT, what a nightmare for you!

Morning All,
    Busy day planned, lots of housework and last minute packing. Everything arranged for my dog sitter but feeling sad to my pooches again. Not feeling sad to leave the stormy weather, gales all night kept me awake. Very exposed here, actually thought the windows might get sucked out it was so wild. I see Scotland has a fair bit of snow so I hope you are tucked up nice and warm Wee?

Fasting today, weigh in tomorrow, fingers crossed- it hasn’t been a great week so not expecting a loss but hopefully I should maintain.

Good Luck RT, such a shame when legal battles happen over bereavements. Guess we all need to ensure our wills are bullet proof. Thanks for the post, I will watch it later.

We had a TV Programme on last night. ‘How to loose weight’. Lots of different diets were compared. There was a varied amount of success ranging from 8 lbs in one week to over one stone in six weeks. One of the diet included peanut butter daily, I thought some of you would enjoy that. When I saw her mixing tomato soup, milk and peanut butter my stomach actually flipped, gross. The Hay Diet was my favourite. I did this years ago to recover from irritable bowel. It was very successful. Basically you don’t mix carbs with proteins but you can have veg or fruit with either, so cucumber sandwiches were popular. It was also a ban on tea, coffee and alcohol in my plan, that was a bit harder to accept. I love my cuppa.

Nama- should be fun to compare tube map. I actually bought my husband a beach towel of the same design at the same time, he has a railway inspired bathroom. I know, difficult to imagine.

Morning/evning all,

It is a very cold morning here but thankfully no snow.
    I was supposed to be going out but it has been postponed and I’m pleased to be staying home in the warm.

I’ve just watched a cracking womens tennis final from Sydney and am awaiting the start of a mens SF both of which feature British players not called Murray πŸ˜‰ A British victory in the womens final and I’m hoping for the same in the SF :fingerscrossed:

My FD went AWOL yesterday evening so I’m trying again today. If I eat too early it is so much tougher so I need to keep myself occupied until at least 4pm. I must succeed today or it’ll be a waste of my hard work earlier in the week.
    I must be strong…..😬

Have a good weekend everybody 😜

Hello,
    Jo looks like you are about to leave and feeling better as well. Wishing you safe travels just in case a missed the thread when you give us the date.
    Everybody else happy, healthy weekend.

Amazon,
    Johanna Konta played a great game and deserved her success in Sydney. I just caught some highlights when I stopped for a cuppa. Ispent a few minutes backing up my phone and Ipad. Thought I had better have a clear out of photographs to make room for new adventure memories.
    My case may need replanning/packing, it seems a bit heavy even for 30 kg allowance. I may be forced to take hand luggage which I hate doing, usually I just have a large handbag. Trouble is we are staying in some posh hotels so I feel I need a few dresses. Last trip it was all about travel gear only.
    The sun has finally arrived so I am getting out with the dogs before it snows again.
    HCB- thanks, getting really excited, hope this weather doesn’t spoil plans too much.

Konta obviously enjoyed playing in her home town Amazon 😊😊 The heat over the last few days, with high humidity and no evening relief has been quite unnecessary. 😐😐 oh for some snow!
    Have a good trip Jo P

Hi jojo,

your fainting may have something to do with standing in line for a long time. Apparently it is quite common for soldiers to faint while standing still ‘At Parade’. My dad an old airforce guy,taught me to rock from heels to toes, wiggle my toes and not to lock my knees to prevent fainting. It works!

Google ‘ parade fainting’ for more info.

Hope you have a lovely vacation!

Thanks In it to thin it, I did know about the standing thing but have never been affected before so I was caught out. Feel great now, not worried.

I am in the airport lounge now, after a horrible journey here through heavy rain and snow. I feel fine now thanks, drinking lots of water before my flight. Apparently eating fruit also helps with a Jet Lag but no one explains why! I will research it. It was good to have an hour walk along the coast before I departed this morning. I will be sitting for a very long time in the next 30 hours.

Weigh in this morning was as expected, no change. Not fasting today just want to relax and enjoy lunch and possibly a G&T, but I will fast tomorrow or Monday at the latest depending on how I feel. I don’t usually get hungry on long flights as no energy used so it should be easy.

Be in touch in a few days, keep fasting everyone, good Luck.

Bon voyage Jo! You’ll be pleased to escape winter.
    I look forward to the travelogue.

Hi jojo . I am so pleased you are feeling OK . have a brilliant time pal . xxxxx

Here, safe and sound, exhausted
    Off to bed

It’s a long flight, but daytime now Jo. Don’t sleep too long. 😊😊P

Good Morning,
    It’s very early here but I am wide awake after going to bed at 8.30 pm last night.

PVE- I didn’t have a nap yesterday afternoon as planned because I went for a swim instead. Lovely seawater heated pool all to myself. Swam for a hour, just what I need after that long journey.

Just had an advocado salad wrap for dinner. Avoid alcohol on the plane in favour of drinking lots of water.

Had to declare my Nordic poles and ‘heat pack’ hot water bottle which added 30 minutes to check in. Better than getting a Β£400 dollar fine. They were ‘filming’ at customs, not sure why?

Off on a boat trip today Whahiki Island, sunny and warm here, bliss.

My daughter met us in Auckland, she reported having lost 2.5 kilos of Weight, entire Christmas gain, using carb free diet. Not easy for a carb, sugar addict. Like many of you she loves chocolate but is trying to control the urge. We will both drink lots of water this trip, already stocked the fridge. Sticking to healthy choices and minimum carbs. Sugar not really an issue for me these days. Watched my ‘other half’ consume red wine, club sandwiches, chips and carrot cake yesterday, not a flicker of jealousy.
    But I did enjoy a single shot latte, much needed restorative after the journey. The green tea in our room is undrinkable, really bitter. May need to ‘source’ some to carry with me.

Looking forward to Visiting Nelson next. Art Deco buildings galore, happy days!

Nama, parcel posted, Enjoy!

Oops Waiheke not Whahiki, sorry no offence Wiwi and Barata

Good Morning/Evening all, and welcome to the Southern Hemisphere Jo!! Good to read you managed to avoid the awful effects of jetlag and are now enjoying some sunshine! Thanks so much re the parcel, I cant wait to compare the two, 35 years apart ‘maps’! I am so pleased you and your daughter can support each other in healthy eating whilst you enjoy your holiday, it makes such a difference if you feel supported.

Its 10am here and I am home in Melb recovering from 4 days of hard work, clearing up stuff at our cottage – incredible what can accumulate in 16 yrs! We don’t settle til 2nd March, so plenty of time still but happy to make a dent in it! Just enjoying first brewed coffee after a very early swim then watering the garden. A second very hot day in Melbourne, as usual for the start of the tennis! Amazon I am thinking your silence is due to the fact that you are glued to the TV supporting Andy in the Aus Open! I think I may do the same later with the ceiling fan on for both myself and Jack – Nanna duties for the poodle today and then tomorrow spending the day with grandaughter, very lucky am I! Jack just ‘helped’ me with the watering – he is one of those dogs that loves the hose so consequently he is now very wet! Luckily he has been trimmed very short for the summer and I don’t have to deal with a wet flokkati rug!

Slowly reversing the Xmas excesses! And very encouraging to find my previously insatiable ‘sweet tooth’ has calmed considerably. Fasting definitely easier in the hot weather – I think we have all found that.

RT I hope your trip to the Adelaide courts has not been too difficult and progress is being made (in the right direction!) Money sure brings out the best in people doesn’t it?

Hi Nama fair to say I certainly do not understand why on earth people intentionally are so mean and cold I am a lover not a fighter so I am so way out of my comfort zone it’s not funny and I am a funny guy πŸ˜‰ I am not hardwired to be aggressive either so it’s not ideal for me we are being represented by a very proffesional woman who knows here S***T and the traffic is not the relaxed drive either so I can’t wait to get home with preliminary bits over with tomorrow. Easier to fast in summer if you are on the zero calories strategy on a fast day it really doesn’t matter to me however if you do save you calories up for that one eating occasion then yes summer wins that said a nice bowl of curried vegetables or a soup is not bad either.
    Watched my β€˜other half’ consume red wine, club sandwiches, chips and carrot cake yesterday, not a flicker of jealousy. Jojo Polish that halo you champion that’s bloody impressive great mental strength and character of fast trackers we are not as big a crew as a few years back but remember..
    β€œDon’t give up, and don’t give in. take it day by day know what your doable is and keep on keeping on.”
    Peace RT

Welcome to Aotearoa, Jo. Hope your trip to Waiheke was great – the Gulf is such a beautiful place πŸ™‚ Travel safely, and hope to see you soon. We are expecting severe weather over the next 36 hours, but it should have eased off by the weekend.

Hi Everyone,
    Just returned to my hotel, my husband and daughter are eating in the restaurant but I picked up a salad at Subway on the way home. My mouth is on fire with the chilly that was in it. Even drinking milk won’t calm it down.
    Loved Waiheke, Ferry ride fabulous, very warm and sunny. We did lots of walking, luckily I took my Nordic Poles which really helped my lower back on the steep hills.
    We played indoor mini golf this afternoon, great fun, some very complex stages.
    Very, very tired now so off to bed early again

Hi everyone,

I’m finally healthy again although the virus had a sting in the tail and I spent the weekend feeling very unwell and unhappy which manifested itself into far too much self pity accompanied by a comfort eating binge, which has left me feeling very annoyed and upset with my lack of control.

My birthday is next Friday and I’m going out for dinner with a friend so I have 10 days with no social arrangements to work hard at reversing the gain and getting back into the routine that has been so successful for me.

FD today and it is a really tough one after consuming too many carbs and sweet things which has resulted in the Christmas cake being binned along with some chocolates and remaining frozen mince pies.

I’ve given myself a good talking to and here we go yet again……

I went to the supermarket this morning for supplies and am making Pad Thai for dinner. The noodles will be replaced by extra veggies.

Went to see La La Land yesterday which was really enjoyable despite a not quite happy ending, and we saw trailers for several films that look good. It’s weird how there can be nothing that I consider worth watching for ages and then suddenly there is a list of must sees.

Have a good one everybody 😜

Good Morning from Sunny Florida,
    “Take it a day at the time” πŸ™πŸ»
    Thank you RT.
    I told myself to stop being to hard on myself.
    Everyday I am moving more. Walking, biking, cleaning even practicing tennis on a near by park it’s been fun. I brought my 30 minutes exercise tapes and there’s the 10 minutes abs.
    My first Fast of the 2017 is today πŸ‘πŸ˜.
    I told my husband Friday I will be the entire day on the beach. It’s the president’s Inauguration Day here and I really don’t like this guy’s behavior.
    Jo have fun and I am curious to hear from Nama about her tea towel.
    Enjoy your day Folks πŸ’‹

Almost midnight here, just popping in to say hi to Amazon! Sorry to hear you have been so unwell Amazon, plus so miserable, now beating yourself up for being human when you were sick!! Those nasty viruses really knock one around, give yourself plenty of time to get over it. I am complaining about our heatwave but at least there are not as many lurgies around at this time of the year for us!

Isn’t it incredible how quickly we reach for the sugary stuff when feeling sorry for ourselves? But you know you would never have gone on that ‘sugar bender’ if you had been well Amazon. Don’t be cross with yourself, its behind you and you are that bit wiser for next time. Bad habits of a lifetime dont just vanish, we are a work in progress!

HCB the teatowel is a replacement that Jo has very kindly bought me because I mentioned I had found an almost 40 year old one (clearing out) that has a print of the London Underground on it…I will be interested to compare them! The new one is winging its way from New Zealand to Aus as we speak! Good luck with your first fast for the year!

ps Amazon, glad you liked LaLaLand. You are right about the new films on offer. I want to see Jackie (Kennedy) next, just listening to a review and it sounds interesting.

Thanks Nama,

I am still feeling positive regarding reaching goal as I know I can do it. I was unwell for the best part of six weeks and I tried really hard to be upbeat and positive but the truth is I felt like sh*t most of the time. And it was only a virus, nothing serious in the greater scheme of things.

I’ve just thrown myself around the living room doing my favourite workout and am now heading off for a shower followed by a well deserved cuppa.
    The sun is shining brightly but it flatters to deceive as it is only 6C.
    I have a pile of ironing to do that should keep me busy until dinner time 😬

I don’t fancy seeing Jackie, but I want to see Lion and a couple of others whose titles I’ve already forgotten 🀣

Hi Amazon,
    Get well soon and ‘move on’ , we have a very long journey, made longer by our weaknesses when things are not going well, it’s very frustrating. Personally I think I need to be locked up until I reach goal. If I have a week when I don’t lose I consider it a failure on my part. I know this is unrealistic but I need that motivation to carry on. It’s so depressing to have tried so hard then not get the result you have worked for all week. I know fasting and healthy eating shouldn’t be about deprivation but actually it really is, you simply can’t choose what you really ‘want’ foodwise especially in restaurants. You always need to choose the ‘sensible option’ . I think I need hypnotism to turn me off bread, it’s what I crave every time I see it, yet it gives me bloat and weight gain. What can you do? How many times can you fight the monster that says(Sod it, I’m having what I want for a change) not everyday, that’s for sure.

I think you have been very sensible to get rid of the sweet food from the cupboards, they are like a siren calling you. If not there you just don’t have that worry. I am finding it hard travelling but I am determined to at least not gain this trip, obviously it would be better to lose but I am not sure I can be strong 24/7 for a month.

HCB-as you wisely say- one day at a time- keep focussed- Food Junkies that we are we need out supporters. If alcoholics and smokers can give up their addictions, so can we.

Just trying to make ‘fun’ or ‘exercise’ the focus not ‘food’.

Now to get on with my packing as moving on to Napier after my early morning swim.

Hi Jo,

I’m usually OK with sweet things and I think that is because I got out of the habit of eating them but over Christmas I ate more than usual and the demon sugar got a hold on me so to speak.

Today has been really tough but I’ve got to the stage of a FD where I know I won’t blow it. My Pad Thai was nice but I’ll try a diifferent recipe next time. They are all declared “authentic” but no two have the same ingredients, and I’m talking about the flavourings rather than which vegetable or protein πŸ˜†

I have to say that doing a workout really raised my spirits and I felt ridiculously pleased with myself after I’d finished.

I’m going to record Andy’s match tomorrow and go to the gym in the morning. It’ll be good to spend an hour there without having to keep stopping to cough.

HCB, I hope your FD is going well, and I wish I was spending Friday at the beach.

Hello,
    Right now I am trying to kill some time before I get my food allowance today. So may as well chat a little.
    Amazon when I feel like that a hot bath, chicken soup makes and lots of sleep helps.
    I know you are a great cook and there are plenty of delicious soups. Reaching for something comforting when you need TLC or under those circumstances it’s okay. Get well soon Girl… we need everybody sane to help each other here πŸ˜‰
    Jo on my vacation to London last year I did great so you’ll be doing fine there as well.
    Nama I remember the two of you talking about the old and the new tea towel. Post it on FB please. Since I was in London last year and relied on the tube to get by I am so curious to see it as well.
    Fasting on warmer weather is for sure easier.
    Talk to you later 🀑

Hi Jo

I feel your frustration. Maintenance is exactly like those weeks where you fast and don’t eat sugar or wheat, and you maintain your weight. Three cheers you have maintained your loss.

The rest of our lives is learning to live at our goal weight. As you so rightly said in an earlier post, it is about completely changing ones attitude to eating. We eat to live, not live to eat.

RT, thinking of you. Nama, good job well done.

We drove from Seymour to Yass yesterday (500 km) and the temp ranged between 40-44 C. Over the old 100 F. Thank heavens for modern cars and very good air conditioning.

I’m fasting today and all housework was done before the real heat set in.

Amazon, thinking of you watching the tennis.

Cheers, Bay 🌺🌺

Hi Jo

Just reread your post about craving bread. It’s the same for people like me who crave sugar. If you stay away from it, you can resist it and your tastes gradually change. Every time I have just a little bit of sweet, or you have some bread, then our tastes have to be reeducated and our appetites have to be reset. It is just like an addiction. We crave what is bad for us, because it gives us a rush when eaten. Once we eat a bit of the sugar and wheat then we crave lots more, until we go cold turkey and get it out of our system.

I listened to Michael Mosleys lunch talk again, and was struck by how much he is labelling sugar, honey, fructose, any kind of artificial sweetener as the root cause of much illness and obesity. And leading on to dementia etc.

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU. Enjoy your holiday and choose healthy food.

cheers, Bay 🌺🌺🌺🌺🌺

Bay,
    Yes I agree that I need to exclude bread permanently. I don’t have it at home and avoid it 90% of the time. Occasional bread roll with soup if I am out for a meal. This I now think is wrong, I need to stop it entirely. Here goes!

Today I had eggs benedict for lunch and cheese with rice crackers for dinner, both very small portion sizes. Portion control is something I have been struggling with but I can report progress now. I definitely am a teapkate size portion person now as opposed to dinner plate size. Big meals make me feel ill these days. I think this change has happened since I started 23/1.

In Rotorua now, Napier tomorrow. Spent three hours at Matamata visiting Hobbiton. It was great to see where Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit was filmed. So atmospheric. Weather overcast and muggy but more comfortable that direct sunshine as we were walking about for hours.

Now in our luxurious hotel apartment room, really glam spec. Lots of black and silver decor. Makes a change.

Weather not going to be good tomorrow so we will need to plan activities accordingly. Rotorua is known for it geothermic qualities, geysers and hot pools. There are also lots of physical sports to do. My daughter will do zorbing and cable car then luge.

Amazon- hope that cough clears up quickly

Morning/evening all,

Jo, the cough is almost gone and I’m feeling much better today. The fact that I got through a tough FD has made me feel much better πŸ™‚

I’m very jealous as I’ve always wanted to go to Rotorua but not made it to NZ yet.

I want to go to the gym but it is -2C and Andy is playing in an hour or so. I think I might stay home and watch the tennis and go to the gym tomorrow and at the weekend. I can do my home workout this afternoon. I did it yesterday and my abs don’t hurt this morning which is progress πŸ’ͺ
    I’m aiming for 23:1 today and if I feel OK I’ll make it a FD.

Have a good one everybody 😜

Well that’s a turn around, Amazon! It’s a mild 7 degrees here. To be honest we’d rather have a crisp -2, proper winter 😁

Wrap up warm and get out, you’ll feel better for it!

I’ve carried on the home HIIT workouts, and the pain afterwards is nowhere near as bad as the first one. I think my back is better for the movement too. I hope I can maintain enthusiasm, seeing as it’s only 20 minutes a time!

Hi Bay,

I find it far better to avoid added sugar and simple carbs than to try ‘in moderation’. I’m completely in control one way, the other I’m permanently wrestling the demons!

Happy fasting. I did mine yesterday, the rest of the week is no added sugar, no wheat…

Oh Amazon, I have been dreaming of -2 these past few days. We had another record breaking night last night…32 deg in our bedroom at 6:45am!! When I popped up to the shops I suddenly decided I mightn’t be philosophically opposed to aircon after all!!!☺ Thank goodness a cool southerly hit this afternoon and we are back down in the 20s.
    Yesterday, while out with grandies, I had an iced coffee at about 11:30 after skipping breakfast. I developed a massively bloated stomach. I am just not used to that much sugar!
    Your post was very thoughtful Jo. I really don’t think maintenance is about deprivation. …you get past that phase…it seems to be more about retraining. We had a family dinner at a Korean bbq tonight. I ate very little… and not because I was depriving myself… I simply ate the bits I really liked. These days that is actually a small portion. I no longer feel any desire to pig out. Whether it hapoened because I fast regularly, because I went cold turkey without many foods through 2013, or because I’ve retrained my stomach to hold less, I don’t know, but I seriously do not desire to eat too much these days.
    All through a very busy family Christmas /New Year this year I have gained no weight and have not even thought much about food.
    It WILL happen for you eventually. It isn’t easy. It’s taken quite a while. But with careful planning, mindful eating and a goal it can happen.
    Enjoy your NZ trip, but don’t spoil it with remorse. Choose every bite with care.
    P ☺

Hi Happy

Yes, I’m an all or nothing type of person, too. Off to bed now with another fast day done and dusted.

Cheers, Bay πŸŒΊπŸŒΊβ˜€οΈβ˜€οΈβ˜€οΈβ˜€οΈπŸ˜ŽπŸ˜Ž

Well said, Purple. Cool change has arrived here. Bay πŸŒΊπŸŒΊπŸ’πŸ’πŸ’

Hi Purple,

The temperature is due to improve tomorrow and bring some much milder weather. Funny how we want want others have as I would love some serious heat!

Your post is very encouraging for those of us who are struggling.

I’m feeling really positive today πŸ™‚

I’m sitting watching tennis talking myself out of having some porage. If I can get to the end of Andy’s match I’ll be OK as I can do my workout and take my mind off my stomach!

Happy, so pleased to hear that your HIIT is helping your back πŸ˜„

Hi all,

Hoping you are still positive Amazon – just think how smug (= happy) you will feel when you get to your work out without the porridge!

I am with Purple and Bay, loving our cool change. After mid 30’s for 2 days, today was low 20’s and a lovely walk in the sunshine with DIL and grandaughter. My fast went AWOL when presented with some home grown plums, but tomorrow will do… I figure there is no rush, as someone said recently, this is for life!

Jo I am with Purple – its amazing how ones tastes change. I refuse to feel deprived or denied because I know I could not keep it up for longer than a few months. The steady weight loss motivated me for the first year or so, but then gradually I noticed I no longer had the cravings I used to have. And when I ocasionally have a piece of chocolate or similar, it leaves me cold! No-one could have convinced me of this until it happened. I know I could easily slide backwards and ‘redevelop’ my insatiable sweet tooth, so its just easier to keep a lid on it. But I don’t feel deprived, I actually feel liberated. Like you, I do have a fondness for nice bread. I think I enjoy it more by limiting it to a few pieces a week – I have learned to love peanut butter without the bread!!

Hi Nama,

I’ve got bread in the freezer as I relented and made some at the weekend and it isn’t calling to me which is excellent news for me as giving it up would make me miserable.

I’ve forgiven myself for giving in and over-indulging and am keen to move forward. I’ve decided to weigh myself every day and write every scrap I eat down
    for the time being.

I might still have the porage after the workout, it might get some additions and become my FD dinner πŸ™‚

Hi Amazon,

Great plan – both the weighing and recording AND having porridge as a FD dinner – yum! I recently tried sliced strawberries on hot porridge and it could be addictive! Something that tastes that good cant be bad for you….

I was taught to make porage using water and salt which gives it a very creamy texture, and I add a big splash of milk and a spoonful of homemade jam or some honey. It is very filling and comforting and the contrast between the hot porage and the cold milk is very satisfying πŸ™‚

I made some yoghurt yesterday so I’m thinking I’ll have a bowl of that with nuts, seeds and some fresh fruit as part of my meal and leave the porage for another day.

Viewing 50 posts - 801 through 850 (of 7,277 total)

You must be logged in to reply.