Keep Fasting with JoJo(continued from Lose 2 lb per week)

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Keep Fasting with JoJo(continued from Lose 2 lb per week)

This topic contains 7,125 replies, has 64 voices, and was last updated by  Barata 9 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 4,951 through 5,000 (of 7,277 total)

• Hi Night owl! How’s the tennis? I’ve been reading!
    Yes, I agree. I tend to do lots of varients, using the same basic, low carb veg, in a variety of styles. I’m a great one for using leftovers, disguised as a new dish.
    For lunch today, I defrosted some leftover Christmas prawns and marinated in leftover garden produce..chillies, ginger root, garlic, shallots, Vietnamese mint, lemongrass, olive oil, fish sauce and lime. A quick shake around over the heat in a frying pan and served on shredded lettuce. Easy and perfect on a hot day. I would normally have done them on the bbq, but it was just too hot outside.
    Catching up with a friend in the city tonight for a light nibble and drinks, so we didn’t need much. P

What a brilliant idea P I have put a tray in the freezer which will come in very handy on fast day after 42 here yesterday and a very pleasant 38 today ๐Ÿ˜ฏ
    The less you eat the more you lose.
    Peace RT

Climate change is certainly knocking us around in Aus..huge storms, long frequent heat waves, devastating bushfires. Keep hydrated. We are fasting today to fit in a lunch out tomorrow. We’ll sit in the pool. P

You certainly do get some mad weather on your side of the world! Itโ€™s pretty calm here this winter so far…although temperatures are going to be dropping later this week – youโ€™ll have 40s and weโ€™ll have 4s. Somewhere in the middle would suit me ๐Ÿ˜Š

I fasted today, with just a bit of marmite (and milk in coffee!) to see me through the 24 hours. Iโ€™m still 2kg over my pre-Christmas weight. A week to put it on, a month to get rid of it. How does that work exactly?!

So Fast800 recipes arenโ€™t good (for us anyway!), but is it otherwise worth a read? Iโ€™ve dipped into the serialisation in the Mail online but didnโ€™t really learn anything new. Should I save my pennies?

Not really Happy…and it cost me $25! It’s stuff we all know, and have discovered on our journeys.
    My extra hangs around, too. Might have to go right back to basics when the holiday season finishes in Feb ๐Ÿ˜‰

Yay, summer seems to be coming back. The last few days have been horrible – rain and gales, it was starting to look as though our summer had happened while we were in Aus. I am so sorry you struck this period, Jo.

I’m back at work next Tuesday, but any Friday would be good for me. When do you take flight again – you mention your ‘last week’, so is that next week? Happy to meet in the Gardens on 25th (eldest grandson’s 21st birthday ๐Ÿ™‚ )

Lunch with Wiwi is booked for tomorrow – who cares about FDs when it’s an occasion?!

I’ve booked the e-book from the library, will read it in due course.

Stay cool, P. I found Sydney and the Gold Coast too hot to be pleasant, happy (mostly) to be home.

I think of this time of the year as going on a tropical holiday, at home, B. Camping chair under my shady trees, dripping wet from the pool, reading. Bliss. Pity it doesn’t include wine on a fast day. The SA folk are really copping it…Keep cool RT, AO, Nicky and ML. P

Morning/evening all,

Happy,

The fast800 doesn’t hold much for the likes of us but it helped me to work out a different approach. I read it in an hour and it is excellent for someone who wants to lose weight and improve the quality of their diet and maybe their health and who has been put off by the idea of only eating 500 calories on a FD. There is just enough science to prove why it is a worthwhile way to approach weight loss, including the results of some new research studies that have recently been completed, but it remains easy reading.

Day 4 today and it’ll be porage for brunch and pumpkin stew with a sprinkling of crumbled feta for dinner.
    I’ve also decided this would be a good opportunity to see if I can decrease my cholesterol level so there will be a lot of porage (which is perfect for this time of year) and no butter transported to the mouth by slices of bread and much less cheese than I’ve been eating recently.

It’s a bit warmer than yesterday but grey and overcast with a forecast for the coming days that says cold, cold, cold.

The weather in parts of Australia is crazy. Keep cool everyone.

Last time I was in Perth we had almost a week when it was over 40C every day. I spent a lot of time my friends pool which has a sail like construction on one side which keeps the sun off for most of the day, and a sunken seat in each corner.

We spent a whole Saturday afternoon sitting in there gossiping and keeping cool.

Have a good one everybody ๐Ÿ˜œ

Sounds like my pool, Amazon. It’s important to have shade over pools in our climate.
    At the end of the fast this evening, I was terribly cold, in wet swimmers, despite the air temp being 30!!!
    I agree aboit the Fast800. Any ideas, backed by the science, are good to get more involved. P

Morning/evening all,

So far this morning we’ve had rain, snow, more rain and now there is a clear blue sky with bright sunshine ๐Ÿค”

Day 5 and all is well.

I’ve been food shopping so it’s time to update the menu plan. I have a mountain of leafy greens, salad leaves etc and a nice piece of tuna, something I’ve not eaten for quite some time.

I steamed a lovely piece of salmon in a foil parcel with Dijon mustard,olive oil, garlic, lemon juice and slices, and parsley, for 12 mins, then refrigerated it. Later, I served it with a homemade mixed slaw. The fish was SO tender. Ideal in hot weather (or cold if served warm). P

Sounds delicious.

I’m going to roast a capsicum and slice it then put it in a parcel with tuna, garlic etc and serve it on a bed of steamed veg.

I’ll use the other half tomorrow in a stir fry with lots of chilli and ginger.

I am finding it easy to limit myself to 8oo calories every day. I tell myself every morning that it’s a FD so it seems like a lot and since Christmas when I bought a lot of fresh fruit I realised how little of it I’ve been eating and how much I miss it, so I’m going to have one portion every day plus a mountain of veggies.

Hi Fast Trackers and Hello World (You All know Who You ARE) ๐Ÿ˜‰
    “Lexophile” describes those who love to fiddle around with words.

Such as “you can tune a piano, but you can’t tuna fish”. or “To write with a broken pencil is pointless.”

An annual competition is held by the New York Times to see who can create the best original lexophile.

Hereโ€™s some :

No matter how much you push the envelope, it’ll still be stationery.

If you don’t pay your exorcist you can get repossessed.

I’m reading a book about anti-gravity. I just can’t put it down.

I didn’t like my beard at first. Then it grew on me.

When you get a bladder infection, urine trouble.

I stayed up all night to see where the sun went, and then it dawned on me.

England has no kidney bank, but it does have a Liverpool .

Haunted French pancakes give me the crepes.

This girl today said she recognized me from the Vegetarians Club, but I’d swear I’ve never met herbivore

A thief who stole a calendar got twelve months.

When the smog lifts in Los Angeles U.C.L.A.

A will is a dead giveaway.

With her marriage, she got a new name and a dress.

Police were summoned to a daycare center where a three-year-old was resisting a rest.

Did you hear about the fellow whose entire left side was cut off? He’s all right now.

A bicycle can’t stand alone; it’s just two tired.

The guy who fell onto an upholstery machine last week is now fully recovered.

He had a photographic memory but it was never fully developed.

When she saw her first strands of gray hair she thought she’d dye.

Those who get too big for their pants will be totally exposed in the end.

Have A Happy Weekend All You beautiful Losers ๐Ÿ˜†

Peace RT

The trick is concentrating on quality, not quantity, isn’t it? Value every bite ๐Ÿ˜‰
    The tuna dishes sound great. P

Hello All,
    Well I am now officially a Granny, weird feeling but a big relief birth is over as I was getting very concerned for my sonโ€™s girlfriend. She had a very quick and extremely painful labour yesterday(our time) morning. 7 hours total but most of it over and done in one hour. Baby Nola was 7lbs 2oz and both mum and daughter are doing well, my son a wreck and very glad he is not a woman.
    We left Rotorua this morning after meeting my daughters friend at a 3d Picture Gallery. Basically these are special painted mural backdrops in which you insert yourself in poses of your choice. Amusing pictures. Sadly you donโ€™t get the chance to look any slimmer but it was lots of fun. Great idea for keeping tourists happy.
    Now we are in Gisbourne in a very lovely apartment and planning to enjoy this gorgeous city. Sandy Beaches good for surfing, steam train, water falls, woodland treks what more can you ask for?
    So far we have only found burger joins so we may need to research eating healthily here or self cater.
    ยฃ99 to join 12 week on line Michael Mosely 800 cal programme so the book is looking like a better option.
    Keep well and happy everyone
    Barrata -I will be there 21st/22nd so Friday 25 th good for me.

Sounds good, Jo. Listening, Wi? Good ‘lunch’ with Wi yesterday, consisted of two cups of coffee over three hours. ๐Ÿ™‚

The best kind, B! It’s the company that matters! P

Morning/evening all,

Day 6 and thus far 800 calories every day does not feel like a diet.
    I’m going to have to be disciplined over the weekend as it is when I usually open a bottle of wine and I’ve decided not to use any precious calories on alcohol. I really want to get through to next Saturday.

I’m really enjoying the Australian Open. There have been some fabulous matches so far and I hope it continues.

Have a good weekend everybody ๐Ÿ˜œ

You’re doing REALLY well, Amazon!!!!P

Thanks Purple,

7 days of 800 is equivalent to 4 x 500 and 3 x 1200 which means that the occasional day off shouldn’t be damaging which is a good thing as it’s my birthday next weekend and I’ll definitely be celebrating ๐Ÿฅ‚๐Ÿ˜€

I’m gradually cutting down on the milk in my morning tea and my coffee and cut out the carbs that have been consumed almost daily since the Christmas celebrations began.

RT,

Thanks for the Friday funnies. I really enjoyed this week’s offering,

My favourite,

“Police were summoned to a day care centre where a three-year-old was resisting a rest.”

๐Ÿคฃ

Evening All,
    Just before midnight but not sleeping well on this trip.
    Found several cafeโ€™s locally that sell great food but they closed at 4 pm(Really!) so headed to Countdown for some veggies and made a huge salad. Few slices of halloumi and A OK! My other half insisted on trying a local red wine(wetting the babyโ€™s head)not bad but definitely not cheap. Most were priced at 30 dollars. Gisbourne is known for its wineries. Not sure which are the best ones though.
    We were having a relaxed evening watching Murder on the Orient Express, excellent cast, good film. Good old Who Dun it, the little grey cells were firing on all pistons. I think we are all on form at the moment because we are doing crosswords during our travel time. None of us usually do them but we are improving daily, only cheated on one answer on the last one. Seriously who knew what a Fabulous Monster was? Do you? No clues!

Amazon – great news about 800 calories being easy for you, I hope it works out. I am not Fasting at the moment and know I will regret it later but I am eating mindfully(apart from the daily latte and ice cream) I KNOW – utter madness. I will get on my game when we get to Welly. Few more days travelling.

RT – Great jokes, much appreciated.

I cannot understand drinking latte. Always tasted like hot milk to me.

If you are going to drink it and eat ice cream when you are on holiday or any other time for that matter then get on with it, enjoy it and stop feeling guilty about it.

As for not fasting, that’s OK too. I don’t fast when I’m on holiday.

Neither do we, Amazon. It means a little bit of effort to reduce the weight afterwards. This trip we didn’t eat breakfasts, which helped, so little damage done – except when daughter’s skinny partner was desperately trying to feed us!

The urban cafes often open for breakfast and lunch for the city workers, Jo, and are not serving the evening public. $30 for a bottle of red in the supermarket was well over the top! ๐Ÿ™ I rarely shop at Countdown – another Aussie business taking over NZ trade (owned by Woolworths), but at least they keep the locals honest.

No clues? Not even the number of letters, Jo?

And three thumbs up for the lunch company, P!

I guess NZ is like here, Jo, unlike the UK, we don’t buy wine in supermarkets but in “grog/bottle shops”. We normally pay between $15 to $30 for decent wine
    $30NZ is $28AU, so you paid on the upper end. We just paid $18 for a large glass of Italian red in Jamie’s Italian. ๐Ÿ˜‰

I didn’t realise there was a boycott on cross Tasman trade, B. Does that mean I have to take back all my Katmandu gear? ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚ P

P, we need all the help we can get to support our local industries. If a business is profitable here, it can look at opening in Australia, but there are so many barriers to doing this. We have a few – Michael Hill, Glassons, but come up against the local retailers who have grown with the larger market. And if a business is doing well, it frequently comes to the notice of overseas operators or investment funds that buys it out, offering a remuneration that locals cannot match. So as our late (unlamented) prime minister, John Key, commented, we are becoming tenants in our own country. And what did his party do to put a brake on this? Nothing!!! I know you have the same issue with local industries falling foul of purchasers from bigger countries – we live in a global market.

We buy our wine from a subscription retailer. Keeps the price down and the quality up. So $10 for an adequate bottle of Aussie shiraz (our fave red)

As you say, B, it’s a global world. The big sharks devour the successful minnows. Hardly any Aussie companies are locally owned any more. ๐Ÿ˜ I support local wineries, wherever I am in the world, if at all possible. Kiwi wine in NZ, but never in Australia. Californian wine in California etc.
    Eg I refuse to buy Californian oranges here..We are in a citrus growing region. Would NEVER buy Chinese garlic (doubtful farming methods) and try to support local, genuine, farmers markets. Hard to be ethical, but one must to preserve our future. P

Nope to the Chinese garlic in the B household too. My niece in the Hunter Valley grows it – just wish we could get it sent here. We do our best for the local growers, cut down the food miles, grow what I can (but there is another issue, the local UK farmers deriding NZ lamb, which, even when it travels around the world, has a lesser carbon footprint. So more than just distance, farming practices need to be taken into consideration.)

Barata,

I might be missing your point, but you appear to be suggesting it isn’t OK for Australian firms to take over NZ trade but it’s OK for NZ firms to take over trade in other countries?

As a resident of the UK, I will not buy NZ lamb, Aus beef, Danish bacon, etc. I would rather pay more and support our UK producers, who need all the help they can get.

On the subject of fasting, I did a 24 hour Tuesday fast, then on Wednesday from lunchtime until Thursday morning. My weight is inching back down towards pre-christmas weight. Only another kg and a bit to go!

We are a very small player in any industry, Happy, and very vulnerable to bigger players with fatter wallets. And I fully understand you supporting the local producers, but when they slate the NZ lamb for the miles travelled, it’s hogwash, given the relative methods of production used. You will get there with those kgs!

Morning/evening all,

I’ve never heard anyone slating NZ for the miles travelled, but like Happy I won’t buy meat that hasn’t been reared in the UK. I’m trying very hard to buy seasonal produce and the only veggies I buy from overseas are things that don’t grow here or are aren’t commercially grown in huge quantities eg capsicums, chillies although that is slowly changing.
    Fruit is more complicated as I buy blueberries year round, but apart from that it’s English apples and pears,citrus and the occasional tropical fruit.

Day 7 of fast800. I got on the scales before I began and it didn’t make pleasant reading. Either the trousers of truth are telling lies or they’ve stretched and I’d gained several lbs ๐Ÿ˜ณ but I’m 1lb away from pre Christmas weight and am very pleased with that as it has been easy thus far.

Morning/evening all.
    It’s a glorious winter’s day here ๐ŸŒž

Day 8,

Day 7 went astray due to a packet of nuts calling from the larder and I couldn’t find my earplugs in time …..

I’m OK with that having dropped 6lbs as of this morning (yes really and it can’t all be fluid) in a week and getting back to my pre Christmas weight ๐Ÿ˜ฒ

I’m watching yet another fabulous tennis match. There have been so many high quality and/or exciting contests during the first week.

I’m planning a hot brunch and Greek salad for dinner.

Excellent work, Amazon. 2.7kg! That’s terrific! I totally understand the salted nut issue. After a 30 hour fast, with a splitting headache, I succumbed to a handful of cashews that became 3. After all, I had to finish the bottle ๐Ÿ™„ Solved the headache, so now I can go to bed feeling good. P

A packet of nuts is a much healthier option that bread or cake even if it takes me over my calorie allowance.

I’ve just had a huge bowl of vanilla porage with blueberries. So filling and delicious too!

Porridge, made on water, with blueberries, flaked almonds and a little plain Greek yoghurt. Yum. I agree, very filling.
    Tuesday morning here. 1 meal only since lunch on Saturday. It always amazes me how I’m much less hungry if I’ve eaten very little, especially simple carbs. I’ll eat some time later in the day.
    We had a colossal thunder storm in the wee small hours. Very exciting when your safely in bed. ๐Ÿ˜Š
    P

Morning All,
    Very well done Amazon, you must be thrilled.
    I really need to crack the whip when I get home.
    I am choosing carefully whilst on holiday, most of the time.
    I am very aware of my travelling companions poor food choices, mostly sugar based and definitely far too much. Their desert last night was chocolate covered profiteroles in basket with brandy sauce but accompanied by whipped cream and two scoops of ice cream (calorie Hell). I felt nauseous just watching them consume it.
    Our dinner restaurant was on the beach last night, many people were still playing about in the water at 10pm. Not something you see often in the UK unless they are drunk. Even quite young children were swimming and playing on the beach at 9pm.
    It has been very, very hot here, over 80 degrees.
    Sun bathing not an option for me with those temperatures, itโ€™s like being toasted.
    I had a green Thai curry last night, tiny portion of rice with it, very enjoyable.
    Avoided alcohol and dessert, all good, not feeling deprived.
    Off to Wellington today
    New grand daughter and her parents doing well at my place. They are dog sitting so itโ€™s a relief for me. Their house is still being painted and finally the bathroom is booked to be fitted so they will be in their own home in February. Great News for them.
    They are taking it in turns to sleep as their new daughter prefers to sleep being cuddled than in her cot. She is perfection of course.
    Hope Everyone is well and coping with Fasting after excesses of Christmas. I doubt very much my weigh has decreased on this trip. Back to Fasting from tomorrow when not living out of a suitcase. Good old self catering.

Well done, Ash Barty! What a game of tennis that was. There have been some great games, I confess to spending some of my summer in front of the television. It won’t be so hard today, cloudy and windy ๐Ÿ™ And not so hot for you, Jo.

Grandson was posted back to the Gold Coast yesterday, via Auckland, leaving at 6.45am so it was an early start for all of us. Safely delivered back to his mum by the great people at Air NZ. ๐Ÿ™‚

Although it should be a FD I am going to have a plate of home-made muesli with Greek yoghurt, blueberries and cinnamon later. I’m still on holiday as it is a local holiday here, so I am not back at work until tomorrow. Reluctantly…

I’ve just watched Ash Barty’s match. I didn’t get up in the night to watch as I forgot to set the alarm.
    She’s one of my favourite female players and I’m so glad she beat this particular opponent…โ€ฆโ€ฆ

I’ve been watching tennis since 8am and have seen some fabulous matches ๐Ÿ˜€

I always make porage with water and a pinch of salt and IMO it tastes much creamier than using any other method.
    My Greek salad was really good too. I had planned on an avocado and mozzarella salad but yesterday when I cut open one of the two avocados I had bought, it was completely black so I had none left for today. I always buy the “perfectly ripe” and that is the first time I’ve ever found one to be inedible.

Time for my mint tea.

That’s always a disappointment, Amazon. I buy my avocados green, and refrigerate when ripened.

And why haven’t the tennis authorities outlawed the shrieking? It certainly annoys me, and surely is unnecessary? ๐Ÿ™

If we buy ripen at home in the UK, in my experience they seem to go from bullet to black completely bypassing ripe!

Shrieking is irritating but no-one ever says anything about the noise some of the men make. I really like Nadal, but the noise he makes drives me crazy.

Some varieties of avocado are better than others in terms of going from ripe to black in an instant, always disappointing to have a mouthwatering meal planned only to find that one of the star (and not cheap!) ingredients has cheated you โ˜น๏ธ

Amazon, Iโ€™ve been buying Morrisons wonky avocados for a while now, never ready to eat, but they do seem to ripen well at home.

Been to see The Favourite this evening. I thoroughly enjoyed it….and the tub of popcorn ๐Ÿ˜Š Mostly air though I believe….. ๐Ÿ˜‚. Iโ€™ve done 20000 steps today though, so Iโ€™m not going to worry too much about it.

Stay cool, southern hemispherites!

Avocados ripen best in a brown paper bag with a banana. They need to be out of the fridge. My daughter missed cheap good avocados desperately when she lived in the UK. She’s thrilled to be home ๐Ÿ˜‰
    We are blessed with such a large country, avos can now be grown somewhere in Aus all year round.
    I had a pea and parmesan fritta, with avo and pea shoots as my second meal in 48 hours at lunch time . It needed a crisp pinot grigio to wash it down.
    Ash Barty seems such a nice kid too. I hope she goes far. P

The 5 day forecast in SA is 38,37,39,44 and 33 so very light salads with good olive oil balsamic vinegar some orange segments for some tang and sweetness mixed with 100g of meat and 400 gram of salad combination 500grams of food in total I read this somewhere and begin a week of this.
    I am always looking for opportunities for self-improvement as a self-experimenter and results based evidence keep on keeping on.
    Peace RT

Morning/evening all,

It’s a cold and frosty morning but I’m curled up on the sofa ready for more tennis.

Happy,

Glad you enjoyed The Favourite. I’m going to see Colette tomorrow.
    I don’t care for popcorn, it’s the texture of it in my mouth that I don’t like, but I’m not one for eating in the cinema which is no bad thing.

I don’t keep avocados in the fridge, they live in the tomato bowl.
    I might give Morrisons wonky avocados a try.

I’m a lucky person if all I’m concerned about is unripe avocados ๐Ÿ˜‰

RT, your salads sound delicious and perfect for dinner on hot summer days.

I’m going to make chick pea and chorizo stew today.

Morning from Windy Wellington,
    Happy to be in one place and self catering, salads are the order of the day now.
    Itโ€™s hot here in Wellington but quite windy up on the top of this hill. Planning to see Barata and Wiwi Friday/Sat but I am sure we will eat sensibly, really looking forward to meeting up after 2 years.

We undertook making a large rabbit hutch and metal fenced dog run(being used for rabbits) from Flat packs. It proved to be more than a one day job due to lack of tools and severe instruction interpretation problems. We watched utube demonstrations and phoned manufacturers and are still struggling with the mammoth task. Bearing in mind we have all had considerable experience of building Flat pack furniture and both wooden and metal sheds I am not sure why we are having so many problems. We will press on today after shopping for extra tools. Hope the rabbit homesdonโ€™t get blown off the hill after all this. I suspect the rabbit may be sleeping indoors overnight if weather bad.

I hear weather at home pretty grim, snow showers. I donโ€™t think my new Grandaughter will see much of the outside world today. No snow tyres on pram. We have been seeing her progress daily via web cam. She and her parents are getting on fine.

My daughter is glad to be home and preparing for a marathon, she has some catching up to do to meet her practise targets as it was too hot for her to run in Australia.

I am off to purchase some new books from the charity shop, I have ploughed through about 8 this trip. So much time on my hands with no bowls or dancing. Not really watch TV here.

Amazon -Are you going to stay on the 800 calories daily long term? Is this an end to 500 calorie fasting?

I will give it a go when I am home.

All my best to everyone xx

Hi everyone.

Midnight tennis again ๐Ÿ˜€

Jo,

I’m aiming to do 800 per day for 8 weeks and then decide whether to continue for another month. I have no intention of giving up 500 calorie FDs in the long term.
    The purpose of doing this is to lose weight every week and get my everyday eating habits in better shape.

Went to see Colette last night. Very enjoyable film based on a true story.

Hi Amazon,
    Sounds like a plan. I will join you in that challenge. Itโ€™s three meals a day here at the moment which is not a good habit for me. I am really missing daily dog walking but not the cold weather.
    Having said we were self catering we just spent 4 hours shopping so stopped off at my daughterโ€™s favourite cafe. Halloumi Rosti was delicious and Tony enjoyed a Swiss cheese burger with wedges. I had to agree food was really good.
    I had to buy an iron and ironing board since my daughter does not own such a thing and a few of our clothes did not make it here looking too great.
    Now to start round two of Rabbit Run assembly with correct tools.
    Thrilling life I lead do I not ? Ha Ha! Meanwhile I assume Purple is chilling in her pool.

Be happy, be kind, keep fasting

Actually, no. On the beach…We are up north at our beach house. Tough life, if you don’t weaken!

Yes, we are showing Jo that Wellington is the most windy city in the world. And we have just thrown in an earthquake for good measure ๐Ÿ™‚ Measuring 6 on the Richter scale but not local.

Purple,

I wish I was at your beach house, when we came out of the cinema last night it was snowing heavily. Fortunately it didn’t last and the temperature was just warm enough to prevent it from hanging around but we are nearing the coldest month of the year in this part of the world so it may well not be the only time we see snow this winter.

Jo,

800 calories feels like a feast in comparison to 500, but sticking to it every day requires an iron will. A bag of nuts got in the way last Saturday but apart from that all is well. It’s my birthday on Sunday and I’m out for dinner on Saturday but I’m planning on sticking to 800 on the day.

Hey Ho
    Weather extremes for sure.
    Too true, high howling winds, Earthquake felt by some in Wellington but not us and now torrential rain. It sounds like someone is throwing buckets of water against the windows. Sadly they are not the best quality and leaking quite badly.

I am certainly getting the full quota here in NZ. Actually we felt nothing of the Earthquake this evening, I guess houses built on bedrock are a very good thing.

We were watching a thriller on the literally perched on the edge of our seats when Earthquake happened so we might have fallen off. Someone recommended a series on Netflix called Bodyguard. PHEW! It was all action. I am exhausted.

Amazon – I am looking forward to trying the plan so long as not too much cooking time involved. Bulk cooking is fine though.

Going to bed now for a nice relaxing read

Viewing 50 posts - 4,951 through 5,000 (of 7,277 total)

You must be logged in to reply.