June 2021 Challenge

This topic contains 322 replies, has 28 voices, and was last updated by  Daffodil2010 2 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 331 total)

• Day 2 – UK – BMR Day

I’m late posting today as I was out of the house at 0830 to drive to DD’s house (about an hour’s drive away) and spent a lovely day dog walking with her. Due to the hot weather we spent a lot of time by the water in a nature reserve so the dogs had shade and water in abundance.

Got back home around 1630 – just in time for a cup of tea, then a refreshing shower before starting on preparing dinner – tonight it was a pasta dish with a fresh crab chilli sauce.

Surprisingly today has ended up as a below BMR day, which I’m super happy about after my B2B FDs (FD 600 on Monday and FD800 on Tuesday) as tomorrow will definitely be a NFD (Birthday!)

Lovely to see @dvw @betsylee @stitchincarol @i-hate-lettuce @basyjames @litprof also joining this Mid Year June 2021 Challenge 🤗

Great to read so many positive and enthusiastic posts and many setting out clear and achievable goals for the month – TOGETHER WE CAN DO THIS!

@northgeorgia – Remember that feeling you had when you were packing a smaller sized swimsuit, shirts, shorts, and undergarments for your trip and this will keep you motivated and remind you of what you have achieved so far during your holidays
    @betsylee – I call it a win that you have managed not to gain for the past 2 months and now for June to help you see that downward trend!
    @emma-taylor – so happy for you that you have found a combination that is working for you
    @nellen – I’m with you in “I left the realm of maintenace and ended up gaining 2lbs” except in my case it’s a bit more than 2lbs but we can both nip this upward trend in the bud during this challenge and get back to our happy weight 💃
    @stitchincarol – glad your ribs were not totally spoilt by the boys!! and that your day ended up as a “glorious day it was, sunny and warm, and filled with friends and laughter”
    @i-hate-lettuce – you and your neighbours have got a great support network going with your gardens – I’m not surprised that usual routine has gone totally to pot as it sounds like you will have your hands full with gardening duties at the moment
    @songbirdme – It never ceases to amaze me that you have been with these challenges from it’s inception and your words of wisdom and support are much appreciated
    @basyjames – what a positive start to your post and your weekend of letting go sounds just the medicine you needed
    @susan_dormi – great job on completing that first FD and it sounds like it was a doddle and it has set you up nicely going forward
    @penz – you reminded me on how I use to feel the cold when fasting but lately that is something I have not noticed – not sure why things have changed?
    @litprof – 6k down and liking how your clothes look on again is such an incentive for you and I’m sure that losing 1.5k you are from goal is achievable this month
    @daffodil2010 – your plans for your birthday weekend sounds fab
    @dvw – love stewed rhubarb too even better with a dollop of greek yogurt 😋
    @northgeorgia – good news re that blood pressure and hopefully today’s FD gave you that RESET you wanted
    @stitchincarol – OH is a mad keen fell runner 🏃‍♂️ and just loves being out there no matter what the weather, but in bad weather he wisely stays on the low fells
    @basyjames – your tale about having your OH at home all the time reminded me of our retirement and having to get used to us both being home all the time but amazingly we seem to have settled into a harmonious new lifestyle with having our own space and hobbies but also enjoying time together – same will follow for you no doubt
    @flourbaby – I think that I have just beaten you to being officially be the most ‘later than usual’ poster today!!! Unfortunately I think house prices have gone sky high everywhere – on my street here in the lakes the houses are sold within the first week of being on the market whether they need a lot of work or not……..mad times……I’m not sure how you find the time to fit everything in your day……

A busy but happy day today spending time with DD and a lovely evening with OH so time to go get organised for bed as tomorrow I will be a year older 🤣🤣

Day 2 USA – NFD

Yesterday turned into a very good 700 calorie day – kind of unplanned, but fine. Not overeating today either, and that’s great after a FD.

@stitchincarol – CD’s are just so useful, as long as we can keep controlled! Your “party” sounds like it was wonderful.

@northgeorgia – I always say quickly gained pounds can also go off quickly. Hope your check up today went well.

@daffodil2010 – my iPad clock is wonderful too! I chat with a friend in Australia, and we always watch to see when each other might be awake. 🙂 You have my prayers for your surgery later this month.

@i-hate-lettuce – routines… hmm, aren’t they meant to be broken and keep life from being too hum drum?

@basyjames – any way some of your leftovers could be frozen for a later meal?

@flourbaby – I love Babybel cheeses, all varieties. Also Laughing Cow. I consider both of those a bit indulgence as they are more expensive than my normal cheeses. I love string cheese for a quick snack. I’ve seen some “house hunters” shows from England and have been astounded at some of the prices there for what seems too small! Good luck to you. And I love your Joan Collins quote.

Onward and downward.

Day 2 USA NFD

Another late and quick check=in for me. My DH has gotten home from a trip south to visit our farmland and do business there, as well as spend a few nights in the country quiet of the place he grew up. He has about 4 days left of time off, and we’ve decided to take off early to our DS’s home, and watch our DGD’s last dance recital on Friday. Then to a few places to spend time with other family and friends, and back home Sunday.

I have decided to not do anymore FD’s this week, although I will try to stay controlled. That may be a challenge because we have a few very lovely restaurants on our list of places to visit.

Will be back next week and reset with at least 3 FDs planned.

Have a very Happy Birthday celebration @at!

Enjoy the weekend everyone, and enjoy your vacation @northgeorgia!

Day 3, Emden Germany

@at Happy birthday, enjoy this wonderful day!

Day 3, NFD.

Great fast day yesterday and had a delicious FD dinner last night. It’s helping me so much getting started on a FD in the mornings having something delicious,hot and filling to look forward to in the evenings of fast days.

My only issue at the moment is hunger disturbing my sleep. I’m normally a monumentally good sleeper, so I guess a few hours here and there isn’t affecting me too much, hmmm….

@snowflake56 – hello! 👋 🤗

@at – HAPPY BIRTHDAY! Thanks again for hosting during this two-birthday month for you!

@basyjames – your household fridge nightmares made me laugh only because so similar to mine!!! DH goes shopping all the time and cooks massive meals, but only does Window Eating (20:4) plus these days with the world coming out of lockdown, he’s out at least once-twice per week. The guilt of all the food in the fridge!!!!

@litprof – amazing results! CONGRATULATIONS!

@penz and @at – yes I have not noticed feeling cold recently, but I just assumed that it was because @penz is now in autumn and @at and me are in spring/summer ?!

Enjoy your day everyone 😊

Day 3 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Happy birthday @at, hope you have a lovely day

It’s the last day of the week for me, I have taken Friday off and as it’s the bank holiday weekend in Ireland I have four glorious days off. So looking forward to it.

Wasn’t a fast yesterday but still down half a pound, maybe if I can slowly tip away at the weight gain I might, eventually, get there.

Laughing at all you later than late posters yesterday, and I see @fivetwofan5252 has come back early today, so I will be interested to see how everyone else does. 😄

Have a great Thursday

Day 3, London, UK, NFD,

Whoops, just missed my 9am deadline!!😁

Another NFD for me, (so much for ADF!!) just feeling a bit ‘Meh’ today, so unusually for me I stopped on the way to work & picked up a meal deal, sandwich, crisps & a drink ………………………….. at least I chose water! 😇! Does that sound a bit like the guy in McDonalds who orders 10 cheeseburgers & fries ………………….. and a diet coke? 😂😂

Happy Birthday @at, Enjoy the cake, I’m sure it’s one of those zero calorie ones!!! 😉

I keep forgetting how desperate I am to get back into this WOL, as proven by the sandwich purchase😳!!! Today was a struggle to find work clothes that didn’t make me look like I was about to pop some buttons if I took too deep a breath!!😢 I’m lucky I didn’t bin all of my bigger clothes, I lacked the confidence & just invested in super strong safety pins …………………… this morning I had to remove a pin from my work trousers, I haven’t worn them since February 2020!!! 😲😭😰 Leggings in lockdown have given me a false sense of security and I seem to have been doing that ostrich thing regarding the number on the scale!!!
    Time to get my head back in the game!!!

“You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” – C.S. Lewis

Day 3 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 FD

@at wishing you a very happy birthday, hope you enjoy a lovely day of celebration 🥳🍰🥂

This month I really intend to make a dent in the extra 10 pounds I am currently carrying. Clothes still fit but are getting snug. I’ve looked back and I successfully lost 30 pounds doing 2 x FD800s a week and ate Mediterranean style on NFDs with no processed carbs or sugary foods with red wine as a weekend treat…..so I can see where I am going wrong now….too many ‘treats’ on too many NFDs! I relaxed too much and slipped out of maintenance. Bread and puddings have to be a very occasional treats if I want to get back to my lowest weight and maintain it. So today is my first FD of the month and I have sat my ample bum heavily on the Reset button.

Have a good day fellow fasters 🙂

Day 3 – Canada – FD

Good morning and happy birthday @at. I hope you have a wonderful day 🎉

The scales read 134 this morning so I’m back where I was a month ago. Like you @missybear I’ve been allowing myself too many treats, too much cheese, chocolate and peanut butter. Still 6 pounds to get to my goal.

Looking forward to tennis tonight and hoping the rain holds off.

I love your CS Lewis quote @flourbaby, so true and so apt for the goals we’re setting. 😉

Hi @snowflake56. Hope you’re having a good time wherever you are travelling.

Day 3 Pocket List
    @missybear
    @dvw

Take care all.

Day 3 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 222 lbs. Sodium is partially to blame, I’m sure. Well, I’ll do another weigh-in tomorrow and try to do the same on Saturday before heading out. Today’s my last FD until mid-June. What an experimental month this will be!

I have a slight uptick in gain this week due to Memorial Day festivities, sodium, and going from two weeks of 4:3 to a really spaced out 5:2 this week. But I am encouraged that my stomach and mind is adapting to a lower calorie NFD meal, so I think as long as I avoid a lot of snacking on vacation next week, I should be OK. I’ll also be interested to see whether in the last half of June if “a week off” resets the metabolism and jump starts weight loss. I have heard this online but retain my doubts. We shall see.

Oh, my biometric was very good yesterday. As expected after climbing to the top of the hill where the conference center sits and being seen immediately by a white-coated attendant, it registered a lot higher than my optimum measurement I took in the morning. With filled pockets, I weighed 228, my lowest since going to the biometrics (back in 2015, I weighed 236). I measure my waist at the largest point, but according to the way they took the measurements, I’m overestimating by 5 inches or so and am just a little over 3 inches too round. I was really excited by my cholesterol numbers. My good cholesterol is acceptable but could be a little better. But bad cholesterol was 61 and my total cholesterol was 133. I think that’s my lowest numbers since doing these measurements. So yeah, I’m pleased 🙂

Good luck to our pocketlisters! This is my last full day at work before vacation, so got lots to do there before starting my packing tomorrow afternoon!

Day 3 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD

I was outside yesterday from eight or so until five and got a ton done. I still have some zinnias to transplant, but my seedlings don’t even have the second set of leaves, so I’m waiting a bit. Possibly the best part of the whole day is that I not only hit 10K steps, but exceeded 2K calories for the day. If only I did that every day: weight loss would be much easier and faster!

@i-hate-lettuce I’m not surprised your usual routine is out of whack, given all the garden work you have to do! I’ll just bet you’re having a lovely time putzing around in all those yards.

@basyjames We’re still plugging away at the potato salad and the strawberry cake; the beans went in the freezer. I grinned at your description of who eats what and when; leftovers are clearly a huge issue in such a family, LOL! Have anything you could freeze??

@flourbaby It’s so wonderful to have you back with us; I’ve missed your chatter! Good luck with finding a great home to buy!

@brightonbelle That blankety-blank belly fat is really irritating, isn’t it? I’ve always carried my extra weight in my butt and my legs (even when I was 112, my legs were NOT thin) and had a flat stomach. Menopause changed that entirely; now I have a cute little pooch. (Since it doesn’t go away, I’ve decided to think it’s adorable. There’s no other way to tolerate it.) So I’m wishing you good luck in reducing your waistline!

@at Happy, happy birthday! Enjoy your special meal tonight, and treat yourself well today!

@songbirdme I’m thinking your “accidental” 700 calorie days are part of why you stay in maintenance…there’s a lesson there for the rest of us!

@northerndawn Have a great little getaway, and enjoy that dance recital!

@snowflake56 When do you head out for your traveling?

@fivetwofan5252, @penz I too always figure that I only suffer from the cold of FDs in the winter; in the summer, it’s delightful to not be quite as hot as the weather says I ought to feel!

@daffodil2010 How nice to be down a pound! Have a grand four-day weekend!

I was awake at four o’clock this morning and was about to fall asleep again, when I realized the supplies we need for Vacation Bible School this coming week haven’t arrived. It was all over at that point. I got up and checked the website, and they’ve shipped and ought to be here tomorrow, so it’ll be fine, and I went back to bed. And eventually gave up. Don’t you hate that? I’m so sleepy now, however, now that the day is well and truly begun, LOL! Oh well; there’s always tonight!

Have a grand day, everyone!

Day 3 USA – NFD

This forum is just so much fun! I feel like we are (virtually) part of each other’s lives. Yeah for this!

@at – “Happy birthday to you, happy birthday to YOU! Happy birthday, dear AT ♫♪♫♪ happy birthday to YOU!” May you have one terrific day and an excellent trip around the sun ahead! 🎂🎉🍷✨🍾

@northgeorgia – hurrah for your good biometrics! You know what works, and you’re keeping at it.

@stitchincarol – yes, you’re probably right about my maintenance. I suppose it really is more ingrained in me than even I know!

Onward and downward.

Day 3 – UK – FD

I’m a couple of days late to the party! I’m F31 living in London. Largely looking for a way to lose the pandemic kilos I have lost in a way that fits around my lifestyle. So two FD a week and tracking to TDEE on others. Currently 68kgs and I have about 11 kilos to lose – although I know this won’t all happen this month!

Glad to be in the Challenge!

Day 3 – Lake district UK – FD

Good evening everyone

So much for trying to get back to my normal routine, I’m later than ever!
    Decided on a mornings fishing, lost track of time so got home mid afternoon, oops. So my idea of mowing neighbours grass was a bit more of a task, their grandkids play football when they visit, didn’t realise how big an area it is. The other neighbour, who looked after the greenhouse while we were away, sowed some seeds in trays, now they needed potting up, all 120 of them, no wonder the days gone 😉

The good news is todays FD was easy to say the least.

Take care all

Day 3 Pocket List – I’m that late it’s almost tomorrow already 🙂
    @missybear
    @dvw
    @stitchincarol
    @effelle90
    @i-hate-lettuce

Day 3 UK FD

Another straggler checking in Will catch up on posts tomorrow
    Day 3 Pocket List – I’m that late it’s almost tomorrow already 🙂
    @missybear
    @dvw
    @stitchincarol
    @effelle90
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle

Wow! This is the first time I have ever joined a forum and like SongBirdMe, I absolutely love how open and friendly everyone is. What a joy it is to feel a part of the lives of people I don’t know around the world who are all striving for the same goal.
    Another FD completed today, can’t wait to see what the scales say tomorrow.

Day 3 Manchester UK – FD

So it appears that I’m not the only straggler today. I fear that I will be about as diligent at posting daily as I was last month. I do love reading everyone’s daily news though and it really does help keep me motivated.

First FD of the month today. My last one was Sunday. Both days went ok and today I still have a few calories left so DH is making me a cup of tea with milk to finish off the evening.

@at – Happy Birthday! 🎂🥂🎁. Hope you’re having/ have had a fabulous day.
    @northgeorgia – congratulations on your improved biometrics. That’s great news.

Hi to @susan_dormi and @effelle90 and good luck with this months challenge. I did my first last month and managed to lose 9 pounds.

Pocket list for today.

@missybear
    @dvw
    @stitchincarol
    @effelle90
    @i-hate-lettuce
    @brightonbelle
    @brewster

Onward and downward!

Day 1 – Ireland – FD
    Day 2 NFD
    Day 3 NFD

Hi all and in particular to the newcomers. Thank you @at for hosting for this month 💕 and @snowflake56 for looking after us in May.
    My name is a play on words as I am a french speaker so “J’ai faim” means “I’m hungry” but also stands for Just Another Intermittent Fast And I’ll Maintain…
    I’m very active, with lots of muscle but carry weight in my hips and tummy.. unfortunately weight comes off my face first…
    I love being outdoors even in our lovely Irish weather and cycle, walk, do Joe Wicks and some yoga at the moment but not enough… must do more 🧘‍♀️ I say this a lot….
    I’m pretty much staying away from alcohol 🚫 so “on the dry” and have reduced added sugars ✅ as much as I can 😂 I have two auto immune conditions and the above definitely cause flare ups… I’m falling off the sugar wagon more in Covid than ever before 🙄
    But….. life is for living and like others I tend to have one blowout (EFS) day a week. I hope to drop 2 lbs this month. 🤞

I am away this weekend and enjoying time away with my family… hotels are open and I’ve been served my first meal out in a very long time.. fab! Up early in the morning for an adventure at sea… night all! 💤

I will catch up on posts over the weekend.

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 4 AUS NFD

I’m having a meal out tonight, so OMAD’ing it, but doubt I will come in under 800.

My weight has been stuck at the same spot for a week now, right at the bottom end of the current kilo I am trying to get below. Don’t you hate it when the scales stick at the xx.1 mark??

Unlike you, @jaifaim, weight comes off my belly easily, and my face last of all!

Yesterday I saw a colleague for the first time in ages, who immediately said “well, you’ve lost weight!” Most people are too tactful to blurt this sort of thing out, but I was pleased it’s actually noticeable.

Day 4, U.K., FD800.

Well today is my third and final fast day of the week.

Yesterday was a lovely non-fast day and we went out to dinner which was lovely.

This morning I am very reluctant indeed to get started on the fasting, however I will not have any chance to eat until well past lunchtime anyway, so I may as well just get on with the fasting and stop all my internal moaning about it! I’m not even hungry right now, so I don’t even know why I don’t feel inspired to fast! Anyway, I’ll never lose these final 3-4 pounds if I don’t keep getting back on the wagon three times a week, so I’m doing it! 😬

@susan_dormi – I agree, so wonderful having the antipodeans opening the day and hearing all their news amd ideas, all the way through to the Americans closing out the day, with the Europeans’ thoughts & news in the middle! I love it 😍

@litprof – love the way your colleague just blurted that out! More confirmation that you aced it on the scales last month!

@jaifaim – great play on words!! “Just another FD” is def how I’m feeling this morning!

@brewster – congratulations!! 9 pounds! 🎉🎉

Good luck to everyone fasting today!!!!!

Day 4, Emden Germany, FD

As I’m still at home, I might as well do a FD. Covid numbers in Emden are high at the moment, we were doing quite well but now we’re at #1 in Germany so not good at all.

@fivetwofan5252 and @dvw Hi, it’s a bit weird to be at home and not really taking part in this challenge.

@susan_dormi and @effelle90 Welcome!

@stitchincarol The plan is to leave next Tuesday and come back home at July 3rd for a few days. We can’t go to the Netherlands because of the restrictions so we’ll go to my DH’s family first and then to move on to friends in the town we lived in before moving up North.

@jaifaim Thanks, enjoy your weekend with the family!

Pocket list day 4
    @fivetwofan5252 FD800
    @snowflake56

Have a nice day everyone!

Day 4 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Happy Friday. It’s the bank holiday weekend and DH and I will be loading up the camper van soon and hotting the road for the long leisurely drive to the North West of Ireland for a relaxing 3 nights away in Donegal. It’s a beautiful and wild part of Ireland and I look forward to just getting away ☺️

Hope you are having a great time too @jaifaim. Isn’t it great that things are starting to open?

So sorry about your home town @snowflake56 but hoping your trip next week will be fun.

@litprof good times that your colleague noticed your weight loss.

@stitchincarol, hope you got some good sleep last night.

Right, time to get moving for our road trip. Yay. 🚐

Day 4 – Lake district UK – NFD

Good MORNING everyone 😉

Trying to make sure I get back on track, scales show a slight increase this morning so despite a couple of easy FD’s this week there was a gain. Going to be a little difficult this next week, another short break as of Monday and the breakfasts are legendary, how I’m going to convince Hazel I don’t need feeding up I’ve no idea? However, I’m near enough my target weigh I’m not worried but I’m at the limit of my buffer zone.

@litprof – It still amuses me when I meet up with some people I haven’t seen for a long while, there have been a number who simply didn’t recognise me, I’m a totally different shape these days since starting 5:2 almost 2 years ago.
    I have a section off an old (but little worn) belt I shortened, as the first time I put it on I needed to put new holes in it, but it was so long it looked silly. I shortened it by 8 inches / 20 cm and have the offcut sat here on my workstation as a reminder.

Really funny things you remember, as I commented to Mrs IHL the last time I was this shape was back in the early 70’s during student rag week and I was voted (not politically correct these days) “Dish of the day” by the girls of the student union spectating at the Wednesday rugby match 🙂 😉

Take care all

Day 4 – UK – FD

Apologies for my absence yesterday but it was a busy one starting with a 7am Broga session followed by a 9am Happy Hour aerobic class – a good start to my birthday and hoping it would negate some of the calories consumed 🤣
    Thank you all for my birthday wishes – I had a lovely day even if the sun was not shining – we had an overcast ☁️ warm and humid day but today the sun is back ☀️
    Yesterday was definitely an indulgent day, involving a morning tea and scones(jam and clotted cream of course!!) with friends, dinner was prawn paella, mango and passion fruit salad with yogurt and definitely some 🍾🥂 so well over my TDEE!!!
    So today has to be a good FD as we have a meal delivery with accompanying wine tasting from Simon Rogan tomorrow (this is my actual birthday meal treat!!) which I’m hoping to make a OMAD to stay in control 🤞

@northerndawn – enjoy your long weekend visiting with family – I’m sure your DGD will be so happy that you are there for her dance recital on Friday
    @fivetwofan5252 – I like how organised you are with your meals for your FDs and I agree that MM has some delicious recipes in his Fasting recipe book. I too sometimes have a problem sleeping on my FDs and I use a herbal sleep supplement which seems to help
    @flourbaby – all birthday cakes have zero calories….don’t they??? 🤣
    @missybear – lovely to have you joining our merry band – I hope your FD yesterday helped you to press your RESET button
    @dvw – you are not alone – a few of us have been allowing ourselves too many treats and therefore letting a few lbs creep back on and are working on nipping that upward trend in the bud this month!!
    @northgeorgia – good news on your biometric
    @effelle90 – welcome – never too late to join – I have added you to the spreadsheet in case you want to use it and here is the link
    https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1helMhZIUI19pKcRK1t6B-TTC8Pub7iaUFCfkkfONYiM/edit?usp=sharing
    @jaifaim – lovely to see you joining us too – enjoy your weekend and the time away with your family
    @litprof – I agree that is is a lovely feeling when the weight loss is noticeable to others
    @fivetwofan5252 – joining our little band of Friday fasters will hopefully keep you motivated
    @snowflake56 – we like to think of you as still part of the challenge – and would love you just to pop online when you can to tell us of your travels – sorry to hear about the rising Covid numbers in your area
    @daffodil2010 – have a fab weekend away in your camper van and a very Happy Birthday for Sunday 🥂🎂💐
    @i-hate-lettuce – isn’t it a beautiful day – perfect for all your gardening duties

Pocket list day 4
    @fivetwofan5252 FD800
    @snowflake56
    @at

As I’m 4 weeks post my 2nd vaccine I’m actually rejoining my walking group today for the first time since March last year……seems strange to actually write this…….We meet at 1000 so need to sign off to get organised and so looking forward to seeing everyone together

“If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”

Day 4, London, UK, NFD

Well!!! What a turn up for the books, after bemoaning my ‘sandwich, crisp, water’ meal-deal purchase yesterday, I found myself so busy at work that I didn’t eat anything and got home past my cut-off time of 6.45 so ………………………….. it turned into a LFD!!!! 🙌 Definitely patting myself on the back & polishing the halo this morning😇

Welcome @susan_dormi & @effelle90, y’all have made the first and most important step to improving your health …………………….. actually doing something!!! These challenges have been invaluable to helping me stay on the straight & narrow, I step off from time to time😱, but I never venture too far since this is where my mojo feels safest, I’m glad to have your company this month!!!

@i-hate-lettuce, it never hurts to remind the other half precisely how lucky they are to have you!!! The ‘Dish of the day’ indeed, I don’t suppose ‘beefcake’ was on the menu😜😂😝!!! Sooooo politically incorrect, I love it!!!!!

I’ve had my NFD mocha this morning and the dragon may well be roaring 🐉, but I’m not actually hungry, so I’ll do some work accompanied by the tuneful grumblings and break my fast when I’m good and ready 😀!!

Happy Friday, folks, stay strong & remember …………………………….

“It’s going to be hard, but hard is not impossible.” Chuck Palahniuk

Day 4 UK NFD

Whew straight in on a LFD very impressive @flourbaby👏

The Rogan meal sounds delish @at – a well deserved birthday treat

A very apt description @stitchincarol I’m really not too pleased about my “pooch “

Going to really try this weekend to not undo all my hard work

Day 4 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 223 lbs. Unfortunately, weight is trending upwards going into vacation. Hoping the train wreck will be limited when I hop back on mid-month. Will try to do a quick check-in tomorrow morning before we drive down for the week. Like April, June may be a “lost month,” but I’m in this for the long haul, so I’ll get there.

Good luck to everyone! See you soon.

Day 4 – Canada – NFD

Good morning everybody. Just a quick note before I head off to shop for groceries followed by a morning of eradicating the weeds in my garden and creeping around my pathway.

Finally I had a good FD yesterday. I think because I had no cheese or peanut butter in my home! I guess I should learn my lesson and not buy these things until I reach my weight goal.

@snowflake – sorry to hear your town has high Covid cases, I hope you’re staying safe.

@at- so nice to have your walking group back, lucky you.

@ihl – dish of the day, very funny 😄

Take care all.

Day 4. USA/DC NFD
    Oh my, so far I have totally flopped at getting back on board here. Clearly just too much going on – all fine and mostly good, but just on overload. Besides trying to organize a kitchen renovation here (and thank you to those of you suggesting I stay clear of soapstone), I am packing up to move out West for the summer, and our son just returned from his posting overseas. My head is spinning. So I have not even contemplated a FD or journaling or drinking lots of water or pretty much anything except trying to keep my head above water. But I really will re-engage once some of this settles in.
    I love reading everyone’s posts – so glad to know you are all out there busily working at this life style we are all striving to maintain.
    Enjoy your weekends

Day 4 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

I had a good FD yesterday and feel like I am back in the game. Now to hold onto the positivity and stay in control over the weekend 🤞
    The fridge is loaded with beautiful fresh veg, salad and fruit. I don’t intend to drink alcohol for a little while as I had my second vaccination a few days ago and I want to give my immune system a boost. The weather is glorious so no excuse for not getting out for walks. All the ingredients for a healthy weekend.

@brightonbelle I am with you on staying strong this weekend, we can do it.

Have a wonderful weekend everyone, I will be back on Monday for company on my next FD.
    Off for a walk now 😎

Day 4 – Rural Nebraska, USA – CD or something

Yesterday’s FD was unconventional, to say the least. I had to run to town around one o’clock and was starving and was quickly running out of will-power to stay the course. So I had a Whopper Jr, hold the mayo, heavy on the onion, lettuce and tomato. That’s about 300 calories. The additional veggies give a lovely crunch and chew, and it’s not a bunch of fat. Then, just after five o’clock, I had to head back to town to pass the quilt I finished back in February to the friend who’s going to quilt it; we met at a coffee shop, and I had a latte (decaf!) with skim milk and no flavorings. That was about 180 calories. Then I came home, still hungry. That’s when the naughty crept in, and I had some chips and smoked peach salsa I made and froze last summer, left over from what I served on Monday. The calories of the salsa were negligible; the chips probably added up to 150, maybe? I didn’t actually have that much. So, odd assortment of food for any day, but especially for a FD, but the scale this morning was a lovely 148.2. Slowly, slowly, two-tenths of a pound by two-tenths of a pound, I go down…

Today, I have an appointment at 2:30 in Omaha. DH is going with me, and I imagine we’re going to want to go out to eat afterward. It could be bad. On the other hand, perhaps we’ll go out for oysters on the half shell and a beer; that would be a mere 300 calories at most. We’ll see!

@litprof How gratifying that your efforts are being noticed!

@fivetwofan5252 “ANTIPODEANS”?????? How in the world do you know such a word well enough to drop it into casual chatter?? I’m thoroughly impressed! And, thankfully, I noticed the pronunciation when I looked it up, so now I’m not saying it with the accent on PO anymore. 😏 Delightful description of how the chatter progresses.

@snowflake56 So nice to hear from you, good luck on your FD, and have fun when you leave next Tuesday!

@daffodil2010 I was asleep by nine last night, and slept to 6:30 this morning…slept so well, in fact, that I don’t even remember if I had to get up to make a trip to the potty. SO much better. Have a lovely time in Donegal!

@i-hate-lettuce “Dish of the Day”? Eight full inches?? Such a fun memory, and such an amazing accomplishment.

@at Scones, jam and clotted cream? Prawn paella? I love hearing the things you eat on any day, because they’re always interesting, but yesterday’s food sounds particularly delightful; I’m so glad you indulged yourself on your special day!

@flourbaby Wowza, a LFD because you were too busy to eat? Truly impressive, and that halo is gleaming clear across the ocean to me in the middle of the States!

@northgeorgia Have a grand time on vacation, and don’t let the numbers trouble you; you’re right that this is just a blip!

@dvw You raise an important point: the things that tempt us are the very things we ourselves have put into our grocery cart. I MUST remember not to do that, I MUST remember not to do that, I MUST remember not to do that….

@nellen From your description, I can fully understand how overwhelming your life is at the moment. But, as you said, it’s all good, too, isn’t it? No worries; you’ll fast again eventually, when the dust settles! Just hang in there until then.

@missybear A successful FD sure makes us glow the next day, doesn’t it?

I’ve entirely ignored my house this week, so it’s time to start tidying. The windows are open and it’s a gorgeous morning and still cool, but we’re supposed to get up to 92/33 today, so summer temperatures have arrived. Have a grand day, everyone, full of resolve, restraint, and reasonableness!

Day 4 USA – NFD

Probably going out to dinner with DH, so won’t plan on much fasting. Yesterday was just about OMAD so happy about that.

@stitchincarol – so much heat across the country! I know the Midwest is pretty far behind on rain, but DD in Austin, TX says they are wondering when to build an Ark!

Onward and downward.

Day 4 UK – NFD

Friday has turned into my weekly, Not too Bothered about the Calories day. I still count and behave myself most of the day but dinner is what I feel like cooking or ordering in. Tonight it’s pizza from my favourite place. I’m having a sourdough base with anchovies, olives, capers and mozzarella with a rocket and tomato salad and a balsamic glaze. It’s glorious and I really look forward to it. I will be washing it down with a couple of beers and will refuse to feel guilty about it. We have to be able to sustain this WOL so I allow myself a weekly indulgence. Fortunately it doesn’t seem to have hampered the weight loss any (so far)!

@daffodil2010. Have a great time away in your camper this weekend. Our elderly wagon is in the garage for some tlc. It needs a new clutch so we won’t be driving off into the sunset for a while.

@at. Are you a jam first then clotted cream person or the other way round? Love cream teas and am looking forward to the odd one or 2 when we go to Devon next month.

@ihl. Dish of the Day – I suppose it’s more flattering than Man of the Match. 😁

Have a lovely weekend everyone.

Day 5 – Lake district UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

@brewster – I’m the same on Fridays and never feel guilty about it, but it is surprising once you’ve been at this 5:2 WOL for a while you automatically pick out the healthier options more often than not, plus the ‘day off’ I still tend to indulge, but the portion sized are not as huge as they were and I try and eat slower as well!

@stitchincarol – slowly does it, but in the right direction.

@flourbaby – Re ‘dish of the day’ Mrs IHL went to the very same Uni which was where we met way back in the 70’s !

Headed of to Lidl yesterday, they had cordless grass strimmers on at a fabulous price, decent make (I’ve had an electric version for many years and it was starting to show its age) and about 30% cheaper than elsewhere. So, home and charged up the battery, whizzed round the lawn edges and the little border on the roadside. Half the time of using the old electric one, no wires to trail about and soooo much easier 🙂

Testing day today, Food and Craft fair at the County Showground (limit of 4000 and its a vast area which they have spread out the exhibitors) lovely setting so looks like dining out at lunchtime, too nice a day not to make the most of it!

Take care all

Day 5 – USA/GA – NFD. Stop to 5:2 until June 13: VACATION

225 lbs. Wow, funny how the body can put on all that water weight so fast. Anyway, not going to let it trouble me. I’ll rejoin the challenge June 13, when I return home.

Good luck to all!

Day 5, UK, FD

Yesterday was an EPIC fail on fasting!

I wasn’t in the mood…

Somebody offered me a piece of cake at lunchtime and I crumbled!!!

Oh well, never mind, I am having another go today.

I am definitely in the zone today and looking forward to my 700 calorie Michael Mosely sesame salmon dinner!

Speaking of which, anyone (in UK) watching his current health programme: “21-day Body Turnaround?” It’s pretty interesting/pretty fun.

Catch you all later! 🙂

Day 5 – Canada – FD

Good morning everybody.

The scale is holding fast at 132.8. Today I’ll go for a nice long walk along the water if I have the energy after my garden chores. My plan is to move a small boxwood to the front garden bed, plant some marigolds and seed some bare spots on the lawn. Maybe if I write it down I’ll actually get it done. 😊

@stitchincarol – little by little, it all counts! Yesterday I caved in and bought some cheese and will hope to manage the amounts I eat. 🙂

@ihl – I agree wholeheartedly-the battery operated trimmer is so much nicer than having to use an extension cord! Is it possibly quieter than the electric or gas powered? My mower is electric and the worst part is the cord, urggg. My trimmer is new too, the brand is Radley.

@brewster – your Friday meal sounds delicious, I hope you enjoyed every bite. It’s a great idea to have one day to just eat what you want, it helps this WOL to be sustainable.

Have a great Saturday.

Day 5 Pocket List
    @dvw

Day 5 – UK – NFD

Yesterday’s FD came in under 500 and today’s weigh in was 58.5kg 0.7kg/1.5lbs down since the 1st 💃

@dvw – yes it was great to meet up with some of the walking group yesterday – there was only 5 of us and we did a measured 7km as one of the group was recovering from some minor surgery and then enjoyed a take out coffee sitting in our local park and the runners then joined in as they returned in pairs – lovely sunny day with some clouds and a light breeze at times….perfect!

This morning woke up to clear blue skies and sunshine – had to wait in for the meal delivery (which arrived by 1030) before walking into the village for some groceries and meeting with a friend for coffee (no cakes!!) and a chat!

Planning a lazy afternoon at home watching 🏏 Eng v NZ – lunch break at the moment so a quick catch up on here ☺️

@flourbaby – impressed at your unplanned LFD – definitely worth a halo polish 😇
    @brightonbelle – yes looking forward to the meal this evening 😋
    @northgeorgia – absolutely we are all in for the long haul with this WOL either to lose weight or to maintain
    @nellen – just do what you can, keep posting and joining in with us until you your Mojo for this WOL returns once more 🤗
    @missybear – 🤞that you can hold onto the positivity and stay in control over the weekend too
    @stitchincarol – “Slowly, slowly, two-tenths of a pound by two-tenths of a pound, I go down…” a good way to go – remember who won the race!!
    @songbirdme – hope you got to have your meal out with OH and enjoyed every bit of it too
    @brewster and @stitchincarol – Scones – always the Cornish method which is to split (not cut!!) the scone in two, spread the jam and then add a spoonful of clotted cream 😋
    @northgeorgia – enjoy your time away and return this WOL when you get back home
    @fivetwofan5252 – with this WOL it’s never a “Fail day” as tomorrow is a new day to refocus!
    @dvw – hope you got out for your walk and I feel for you with cheese – I usually buy small amounts of 3 types of cheese, just enough for a couple of serves, as I have poor control around it too – then I replace dinner with a selection of cheese, some nice crackers/bread – cornichons – quince paste – grapes/pears and a glass wine – it’s a real treat! it’s good thing I have no cheese in the house as my mouth is watering just writing about it 🤣

Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend and the sunshine if you are lucky enough to be having some glorious weather too ☀️🌤

Day 5 – Rural Nebraska, USA – FD800

Yesterday low-calorie raw oysters turned into fries at our first stop and potato chips covered in hot sauce, blue cheese sauce and bacon crumbles at our second stop, among other yummy things. Oh well; that was my day of indulgence and today I’ll fast to compensate.

So lovely to read everyone’s chatter–cheese, electric v. battery grass trimmers, water weight gained, etc. I again slept hard and long last night (sure makes up for that 4am wake up earlier in the week!) and am having a hard time waking up. But, remember that it’s been shown one good way to help with weight loss is to get enough sleep? So I’m feeling quite smug that, if sleep truly helps that immediately, I’ve been helped tremendously two nights in a row!! 🤣

I have decided to plant my tiny little zinnia sprouts, and I have a few plants that need dead-heading, and then I need to finalize some staffing for Vacation Bible School this coming week. I keep trying to find someone else to take over the running of it, and am having no success. Once it begins, however, it’s all easy, so the most work is almost at an end. And when DH retires in three years and we move, someone else will HAVE to take over the running of it, LOL!

The excitement for this week is that DD27 is coming with DGD20months next Wednesday. We have a family wedding on Friday night, and I’m so excited to have them here until the following Monday evening. I planted radishes that should be ready to harvest while they’re here, and I’m thinking DGD will really enjoy pulling at leaves and finding a radish at the bottom of them!

Have a grand day/evening, everyone, filled with resolve, restraint, and reasonableness!

Day 6, Melb Aust TDEE

Managed a lowish TDEE day yesterday. We’ve been back in a strict “circuit-breaker” lockdown in Melbourne for the past 10 days, and I just lost the plot for a couple of days and gorged on comfort food carbs. Consequence – the scales shot up more than a kilo due to fluid and bloating. All eaten now, and after my restrained day yesterday and lots of fluid loss, the scales this morning were back down to where they were before my over-indulgence. Whew! Scary. Don’t intend to do that again. Mind you, I didn’t intend to do it the first time. My “will”power said “yes” and my “won’t”power failed. Ah well.

Back to the downward journey. So good to read of others’ successes. Keep it up.

Day 6, Emden Germany, NFD

@daffodil2010 Happy Birthday 💐 and good luck with your surgery on the 17th, I’ll be thinking of you!

@at, @dvw, @daffodil2010 The Covid numbers in town are still too high but they seem to go down, were on place 4 now. We’re safe and will take care, the towns we plan to visit have low numbers.

Have a nice Sunday everyone and see you somewhere in Autumn!

Day 6 – Lake district UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Busy day ahead, off to Dumfriesshire in the morning for a short break and more long walks. Today apart from the gardens to do before we go! Lot of watering to do today, then clean the car, very dusty with this dry weather, then pack and see you all at the tail end of next week.

Certainly going to be a FD Monday, then try and get a second (and may even need a 3rd when we return home)

Take care all

Day 6 U.K. NFD

Hooray I managed a good fast day yesterday, so that’s a total of 3 banked for last week.

The Michael Mosely’s wife’s recipe book is knocking out the park ATM! We had the Sesame Salmon last night and it was incredibly good!

I have discovered one recurring issue with eating 750 calories on a fast day (rather than my old regime of 450 per FD).
    I get more hungry during the night!!!!!! It sounds counterintuitive to say that I suffer more with hunger in the night after eating 750 calories rather than 450, but I suspect that the larger food volume must temporarily push one’s body out of the fasting state. Hence the hunger?!

Anyway, I’m just finding 750 calories SO MUCH EASIER to do! So the night hunger disturbing my sleep is a small price to pay for such an easier ride!

@at – what is the herbal remedy that you find helps with night-hunger-sleep-disturbance please? Would love to try it!

Weight-wise, I’m currently plateauing at 3.6 LBS above my goal weight. However DH says I look like I’ve lost more weight ….
    As usual with me, that is maybe not quite translating through to the scales just yet… looking forward to the numerical confirmation at some stage during June!!

Out to lunch today! Yum! 😋

See y’all on Monday!
    Xx

Day 6 Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 NFD

I am having a lovely relaxing and controlled weekend, eating lots of delicious fresh veggies and fruit and have stayed dry, replaced wine with no alcohol lager and sparkling water 😇

@daffodil2010 Happy Birthday 🥳 🎂🥂💐

Day 6 – Canada – NFD

Good morning everybody.

Had a pretty good FD yesterday and a lovely walk. It will be another busy day today, mostly continuing to work outside. Scale at 133, just 5 pounds to reach my goal but it’s slow going.

@at – thanks for the cheese meal suggestion. Sounds perfect 👌 Congratulations on the weight loss!

@fivetwofan5252 – you’re so close to your goal, wow -good for you. Sounds like the 750 cals is working for you. I find camomille tea helpful.

@stitchincarol – how lovely to have your grand daughter visit, so happy for you, enjoy.

Take care.

Day 6 UK NFD

Weekend not going entirely to plan , but not too indulgent so relatively happy Have a nice Sunday all , I’ll be on the list tomorrow x

Day 6 USA/DC FD
    Okay, that’s it – time to get my act together again – quickly! Enough of the “life has gotten in the way”. If not now, pretty soon I will be getting in the way, of everything. So – fast day for me. finally.

It’s pretty toasty here and humid but green and flowering and quite pretty (except for the cicadas).

Have spent the last few weeks packing up my kitchen for our renovation, helping my son move back in to his condo following a 2 year posting abroad, and getting ready to head out west for the summer. I have totally ignored me (except that I am the beneficiary of all of the above and a grateful one at that.). But now, time to focus on me and my health and my weight and what exactly is going in my mouth (fairly non-stop at the moment.)

So enough about me. I love reading everyone’s posts – so lucky we have this community all over the world, cheering each other on. We are indeed a fortunate group.

Happy Sunday. And here’s to a mindful week.

Day 6 – UK – TDEE

A lovely summer’s day again – blue skies and sunshine – out for a walk with a couple of friends this morning and a stop halfway for coffee but we did manage 7km so just over 10K steps

As expected quiet here on the forum so hopefully everyone is enjoying some good weather!

@dvw – I just get whatever brand Boots has on special – their own brand is “Sleepeaze” which has valerian, hop stable and Passion flower extracts – I take it a couple of hours before I want to sleep

Trying hard to remain at TDEE after an indulgent day yesterday 🤭 but this hot weather is calling for a glass or two of chilled white wine……It will be a FD tomorrow!!

Catch up with everyone tomorrow

Day 7, FD, Aus

Day 7 already? How did that happen?? Had a EFS weekend so am looking forward to and need this FD.

It’s 10.53am as I post this, @northerndawn. I’m on the east coast (in Canberra), @songbirdme – a long way from Perth!

Thinking of you @flourbaby. A house sold on our street on the weekend for $1.4 million. Crazy. (That’s a USD$1.08 million or UK pound 765K equivalent.) I am so glad we own our home – I don’t know how people can break into the market with prices like that. Good luck with your house hunting.

I was almost at the point of buying jeans at Christmas. This morning I pulled on some old ones and I mean PULLED them on, telling myself that they were just tight coz they were fresh from the wash. Sigh. Thinking of you @flourbaby, @missybear and those others who have slid on the wrong direction lately – we need to get back on this 5:2 horse!

Oh I laughed, @stitchincarol, at your logic in deciding your cute little pooch is adorable!!! The only pooches of mine I like are my four-legged variety. And peaking of pronunciations, I heard something on the radio the other day about the history of the Adirondack chairs – I know what they are but until listening to that interview, had NO idea where to place the emphasis when saying the word!

[attempt to delete second duplicate post]

Viewing 50 posts - 51 through 100 (of 331 total)

You must be logged in to reply.