Jump in June! – June 2022 Monthly Challenge

Welcome to The Fast Diet The official Fast forums Body Weight loss
Jump in June! – June 2022 Monthly Challenge

This topic contains 366 replies, has 26 voices, and was last updated by  ccco 1 year, 9 months ago.

Viewing 26 posts - 351 through 376 (of 376 total)

• Day 29. NZ. NFD

Thank you everyone for your kind words and welcoming me to this forum!
    I had a successful fast day finishing on 600 calories for the day. Planning to do another fast on Friday 😀 hope everyone has had a good day whether they’re having a fast or non fast day or anything else. I’m really looking forward to eating my overnight oats tomorrow *drool* 🤤

Day 29
    89.3kilo
    Had big celebration so eat like the proverbial something or other and subsequently put weight on- was it the crisps or 🎂 cake ? Both methinks
    Back to it now
    Get up- run 5 k

Eat after 12
    Eat 6 ish
    And then don’t eat again.. that’s the plan anyway 🤣
    Anyone hosting for super July?
    Thanks as ever🙏

Day 29 UK NFD

Good pep talk @northgeorgia , you’re right we need to look at the big picture and stop fretting over the small stuff

@mariaelena wow I didn’t realise there could be so much prep for a baked potato, I don’t have them often but I love them , I like mine really crispy and practically ( but not actually) burnt mmmm

Good steady day planned for today , fast tomorrow then gearing up for July 🍺

Day 29 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD

Yesterday’s WF lasted until 8:00, and then I could stand it no longer, and ate some rotisserie chicken and a peach…they were both SCREAMING my name and I simply ran out of resistance (and that peach was truly amazing, so I didn’t regret it at all…). But It was still far less than 500 calories, and the scale this morning was an astonishing 147.2 so I’m feeling rewarded for the RESOLVE I accomplished even if it wasn’t complete.

Today, we’re having BLTs for lunch and Fruited Chicken Salad (hence the rotisserie chicken) for supper. As long as I refrain from snacking, the total calories for the day will be fine, so I’m reminding myself I have made a promise to myself, and must KEEP it, just as I would keep a promise made to anyone else.

Day by day, I’ll get back to my former discipline and my former weight in the 140-145 range, and then continue the journey down.

@mariaelena I have no thoughts as to why you’re suddenly so horribly hungry. Are you drinking enough water? You’re showing such impressive RESOLVE that, despite the overwhelming hunger, you’re still maintaining your discipline and thus your weight loss!

@gardenlily Have a grand time on vacation!

@michelinme Don’t you love those unexpected FDs when you simply don’t have time to eat?? Well done!

@penz Don’t forget my perfect peach!!!!! 😜 Your post sure made me laugh! I just went into the kitchen to pour another cup of coffee and saw the peaches and thought about the rotisserie chicken in the fridge and…nothing. As a 45 year member of the ZBC, the thought of food in the morning is uninteresting at best and revolting if I’m entirely honest. If I could make this feeling last all day, I’d get down to a lovely weight in no time at all! 🤣🤣🤣

@matpi You poor thing! I hope you’re back to good health quickly! And you made me laugh at your complaint you struggle not to eat like a 5 year old! 😃

@northgeorgia Yes, I’m sure it’s frustrating and disappointing that you’ve only lost ten pounds this year to date…but I remain in awe of all you’ve lost AND THE FACT THAT YOU’RE STILL HERE, YOU HAVEN’T GIVEN UP, AND YOU HAVEN’T GAINED BACK HALF OF IT. (Not to yell, but I wanted some serious emphasis and that was my only option.) Changing decades of habits is hard work that takes lots of experimenting to find the approach and combination of habits to accomplish new goals, and you’re in the process. It may be a plateau of weight loss, but it’s a very active process of learning, and you WILL get to the 200s, and then below.

@fastingnurse I’ve had overnight oats and they are indeed yummy; enjoy and congratulations on another successful FD!

There’s lots to do today, including some gardening things that must be done (and it’s going to be a roaster today, near 100, so must do it while it’s still reasonably cool), some tidying-in-the-house that’s been ignored too long, a lesson to teach (my only local student), and a meeting at one o’clock. I’d rather go into my sewing room and start tidying, but I guess I’ll be disciplined and do the other things. 🤷‍♀️

Have a grand one, everyone!

It’s going to be hard, but hard is not impossible.

Pocket List Day 29 🐪
    @goal10kgs

Day 29 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

Not having a good day so far. After filling in a trillion forms & paying for a credit check, the owner has decided she doesn’t want to wait until August, so won’t guarantee me the house in case she gets someone during July?! So, back to square one. I wasn’t mad keen on the house anyway, but I can’t help hoping she doesn’t find another tenant for a month or 3 😈

@matpi – yes, I got away with that once or twice with Boo Boo, but not any more 🙄

Stupid Wordle; I wouldn’t have guessed today’s word if I lived to be 100 😒

Otherwise, at least the dentist didn’t need to extract or drill anything, so, yippee!

Joining @goal10kg for a Hump Day fast 🐫

Pocket List Day 29 🐪
    @goal10kg
    @funshipfreddie

Day 29 – FD 800

How is it that June is just about gone? This year is flying by.

@linda.b The chicken should be wonderful leftovers in the freezer- I admit in my household we have never had any left to freeze except that wonderful fat I reuse. DH and I adore the recipe and I have a kitty who gets up on his hind legs and begs for chicken whenever we cook (or eat)it. It goes very quickly here, lol.

@funshipfreddie – Kudos for the cat wrangling technique! Always makes me feel accomplished when I outsmart a clever feline!

@gardenlilly – your cauliflower dish sounds terrific! I usually buy my veg cut and frozen, but I’m going to try your method/recipe! Lol on the raspberry harvesting warning, and good job on losing the 3lb!

@michelleinme I agree, that ‘this item of clothing fits better’ feeling is fantastic!

@penz Oops, sorry about that. I also read the forum in the a.m. but luckily too early for my ZBC natural state to get hungry. And thanks for July hosting!

@matpi – I didn’t know the resistant starch trick worked on bread as well, very interesting 🤔! I don’t eat much bread/pasta/as wheat and I are not the best of friends, but it is good to know for the occasional

@northgeorgia Your head is on correctly. It took time to put on the extra weight, so taking it off slow and not roller coaster if is so sensible! Good pep talk!

@fastingnurse I haven’t had oats since last summer, but I’m drooling. I miss wheetabix as well. When I was trying to eat breakfast those were my go-to’s – now that I’m back to ZBC I miss them.

@stitchincarol mmmm fresh peach! Like you, food is just unappealing in the a.m. to me. And one trick to my ‘resolve’ even though I have been ravenous lately – there is precious little food in the house – especially snacks! Well, DH has his tortilla chips, but they almost never tempt me. When we lost power, we lost all our frozen meals and except for almonds, which we buy in bulk, and right now very little food is around in our house except whatever we are preparing that day. So, I pull out a bag of frozen mixed veg, a potato, or chicken broth when I get the hangries, because that is what we have, lol.

@brightonbelle et al I am totally in love with baked potatoes and my prep means there is always a baked potato two minutes away from being ready, lol. I try to tell myself to choose roasted veggies instead, but usually it becomes in addition. @brightonbelle my potato ritual doesn’t result in those crispy skins, for that, forego the initial microwave and make sure the potatoes are not encased in foil while baking a good 30 or 40 minutes longer. I would still oil and season the outside, but put the potatoes on a tiny sheet pan so the oil doesn’t drip into the oven.

Gosh, got to get a move on. Good thoughts!

Day 29 – Ireland – FD ✅ 🚫🚶🏻‍♀️

Still on a downward track which is good as I’m
    out tomorrow night. ⬇️ Little drop… nothing huge but the right direction

Today was an unplanned FD but here I am
    at 19h30 with a good day’s work done, a cycle, garden tidied up and calls made to family… and not much eaten so I feel like a winner. I’ll savour this feeling as it does not happen very often and… what I must think about is what I ate yesterday as feel it may follow on from that?
    Woke super early, tired and really hungry… went for cycle and had a nice latte and it’s gone from there really…. 🤗

That’s funny @penz! But I get it… reading about the delicious food here is enough to set me off

@matpi sorry to hear that you felt rough for so many days but glad to hear that you are on the mend now. I’ve started eating frozen baked potatoes (cooked of course) and bread I’m very glad to hear there are benefits to this system! 👍

Like you @brightonbelle I like things crispy, near burnt and well done except for steak etc.
    And I’ve been in a real hunger zone @mariaelena so can sympathise but honestly don’t know what’s working in my favour today…

To those who are losing – well done.. (@northgeorgia et al) doesn’t matter how much you’re on the right track… for those who aren’t, it just takes a day or two to get back into the zone… July is nearly here and it CAN be your month 💪 . Thanks @penz 💕

@gardenlily enjoy your holiday!

Off to do my wordle and chill for the rest of the evening.

Bonne nuit!

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Pocket list Day 29
    @goal10kg
    @funshipfreddie
    @jaifaim (a late runner 🐎 😂)

Day 29 UK NFD

Late post after another full on day – fencers started at 8am and me zipping round like a headless chicken before that. But yay! I have new fences, my garden is fully enclosed once more after 4 months of open plan living 🙂

I forgot to weigh in this morning but feeling okay if a little puffy after mindfully eating a post-supper bowl of popcorn, making for a very solid CD. I also didn’t have lunch before rushing into town for a meeting, but picked up some olives and sweet chilli peas on the way home. I also then sat at my laptop and mindlessly ate half a packet of grated vegan cheese.

Now looking forward to tomorrow for the last FD of the month and the end of the Jump in June challenge which has helped me jump in with both feet. And I don’t have to be up and cleared/prepped for builders by 8am tomorrow which feels epic

@penz my mouth often waters on FDs reading everyone else’s recipes/menu plans! Thanks again for hosting July 🙂

@matpi glad you are beginning to feel better, this infection sounds really bad

@goal10kg another tasty menu today!

@northgeorgia yay for yesterday’s WFD! I’ve been thinking similarly – it’s really easy to think we have to lose constantly in order to be making progress, but as long as we are eating well and fasting twice a week our bodies are doing something good with it

@fastingnurse Congratulations on a solid FD!

@5413.5 @penz is kindly hosting July and will put up a post tomorrow 🙂

@stitchincarol Well done on your solid FD too. You are definitely moving closer to the eating pattern you’ve chosen to serve your goals. Alas too soon with your congratulations – yesterday’s extra FD went with the popcorn, but it was mindful popcorn and i’m happy with that. Learning my body doesn’t really like popcorn so that will help me avoid it next time

@funshipfreddie o bummer about the house! Fingers crossed for not being back at square one – and for a good FD

@mariaelena i had that lovely feeling again today, wearing a stretch denim tunic dress a size smaller than i started last month – and it fit! AND I didn’t look like a sausage in a skin – result 😀

@jaifaim that’s amazing! Yes, great idea to look back and work out why things are working well to make today a good unplanned FD

Just ONE DAY left of Jump In June! A chance to take a running jump into next month’s challenge….

Day 30, OMAD?, Aus

Oh dear, it’s the last day of the month, I’m dithering over whether it will be a FD or not. Problem is DH declared he is making kung pao chicken tonight – and he makes it really really good!

Lovely energy in the forum still. Let’s roll it into July!

@funshipfreddie, your luck is not running strong for your housing situation. I’m sure that’s because the right place is waiting for you.

Day 29 Ohio, US — FD800

This morning the pants were a little tight around the waist, so after the “new normal” breakfast I decided to see if I could make this a fasting day. And it appears to have worked! This is in contrast to last Saturday when I started the day off fasting and then felt so bad that it became a NFD. Amazingly enough I was able to both do my regular yoga practice and get the daily walk in. This makes the first time in twelve days that I’ve been feeling well enough to do that. Yay!

I suppose that tomorrow I’ll have to weigh-in and see how much damage the infection and medical/dental treatments have done.

@michelinme In one sense, the infection hasn’t been all that bad — certainly not like getting the big C. On the other hand, it has been sapping my energy for a long while. My dentist said that it probably had been going on for some time, so that might explain all the little health stuff going on. It does seem as though it takes me a long time to get over infections, which is why I am so scrupulous about taking precautions to prevent getting Covid. I’m optimistic that this new antibiotic will clear things up completely.

@stitchincarol Of course there’s something that 5 year olds used to do that I’ve not done in a very long time: At that age my mother would send us outside to play for 3 or 4 hours and we’d run all over the woods near by and climb trees or just ride our bicycles up and down the street. Maybe if I did that every day (ha!) weight wouldn’t be a challenge.

Pocket list Day 29
    @goal10kg
    @funshipfreddie
    @jaifaim (a late runner 🐎 😂)
    @matpi

Day 30 – Thursday – Gold Coast Queensland Australia – FUN DAY (FD) 🥦🍅🍆🥑🍄🍄🍄🥑🥒🥦🌶🍅🍅🥦🥦

Well this is it…. the last FUN DAY of JUMP IN JUNE! hooray! RING THE BELLS!🔔🔔🔔🔔

Everyone has put in a fabulous effort this month and I’m looking forward to seeing you all on the July challenge!

EOFY today…. so busy tying up loose ends…. see you all tomorrow!

cheerie dearies

Pocket list Day 30
    @linda.b

Day 30 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

Well there’s June all but done and dusted?! Down a whopping 0.3 kgs. Which I’m delighted with, because I feel like I’ve been fairly mindless regarding food, & haven’t put in anywhere near the effort I could have.

I have to ask. Is this true?! Americans don’t use kettles; and make tea… in the microwave?!! 😱
    https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-10965225/Britons-mock-Americans-discovering-electric-kettles.html

@michelinme – thank you for being our gracious host 💐 Congratulations to everyone who successfully maintained, hit targets or at least moved in the right direction 🎯

Se y’all next month 🤝

Day 30 – Ireland – NFD ✅ 🚫🚶🏻‍♀️
    161 lbs

Good morning everyone. I’ll take my June weigh today as I am out for dinner tonight at a lovely Italian and then curry tomorrow night. 😋 it’s been a while and curry is my favourite 😍

Up 1.5 lbs since start of the month but that’s actually not so bad and not a huge surprise🍦 🍰🍩 🥂 😲

I know what to do to get back to my recent ATL 157.3 and beyond so will do that this month after holidays. It is frustrating to do well and then sabotage yourself… but we do this…. We come back… we go again…

Well done to those who are seeing a maintain or a loss today 👏

Thank you so much @michelinme for being a fantastic host and inspiring those of us who really needed it this month 🫢

And of course @penz thanks for offering to look after us in July – I look forward to it! Thanks @at as always for the spreadsheet! 👏

Very little sleep, very busy day, fun night out planned 🥂 – it’s all good. We are here! That’s the most important.

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 30 Uk
    Down to 88.10
    Thanks for a wonderful June
    Keep strong in your commitment to maintain health
    We are all doing really well 🙏😊

Day 30, NFD, Scotland, start weight 98kg, weight today 95.5kg

Well ive managed to sneak in a wee half kg weight loss this week, HURRAH! I am delighted and buzzing, and im really feeling trimmer and in my eyes looking slimmer!

So all in all 2.5 kg weight loss in June, over the moon with that.Can I do the same again in July? I hope so 🙂

I ended up doing a different class last night and boy it was tough but enjoyable. LES MILLS GRIT™ Strength is a 30-minute high-intensity interval training (HIIT) workout, designed to improve strength, cardiovascular fitness and build lean muscle. This workout uses barbell, weight plate and bodyweight exercises to blast all major muscle groups. LES MILLS GRIT Strength takes cutting-edge HIIT and combines it with powerful music and inspirational coaches who will be down on the floor with you, motivating you to go harder to get fit, fast.

And id read somewhere that HIIT classes are good for burning fat on fast days, so think I will stick to this class on a Wednesday.

Day 30 UK FD

Thank you for hosting @michelinme 💐

I’m weighing tomorrow morning but I’m optimistic that I’ve stayed the same or May even manage a small loss, given that I had 3 weeks on holiday , I’ll take that .Have good day all See you in July x

Day 30 – USA/GA – OMAD

Weigh-in: 214 lbs. Didn’t meet my goal this month, but came within 2 lbs of it. Will try again in July! Thank you for hosting @michelinme

Day 30 – 16:8 CD

@funshipfreddie It has been my experience that most Americans don’t have an electric kettle. Some Americans do drink tea and I would guess that tea drinkers would be more likely to have an electric kettle, but it is not unusual for an American to just not drink tea. I’ve never seen anyone microwave tea, people I have seen microwave a cup of water and put the tea bag in when the water is hot out of the microwave. Some but not many (older?) Americans have a stovetop kettle for boiling water. I’ve been on team electric kettle all my adult life as we got used to them living in London. Even converted my DH. I now have (thanks to goodwill store) a stovetop kettle as well for power loss emergencies, of which I endure many times a year.

As I grew up in many different countries I don’t think of myself as particularly American – but what I don’t understand (which does paint me as American) is the practice of dunking cookies into tea! Not an appetizing mix of tastes imo. Dunking a cookie in milk or coffee is a yum to me tho.

@goal10kg Your described workouts do impress me! HIIT training has lots going for it! But even reading descriptions tires me out, lol.

@matpi lol the memories of my mom trying to shoo me outdoors when I’d rather curl up with a good book. She gave up and enrolled me in swimming. But I walked everywhere. Even when we lived in cities with good public transport one often had a good walk to and fro. I certainly wasn’t sedentary but not a high energy child either. More of my childhood was spent in Chicago than any other place and it was not unusual to walk a mile or more to visit friends homes, and at least 1/2 a mile to school. Come to think of it, She never had to shoo me outside in Chicago winters, playing in snow or ice skating was always a treat – I even volunteered for sidewalk shoveling chores (tho, I still do that if I visit my family there in winter.)

@michellinme Good on you! Better fitting clothes is such wonderful progress!

Thanks to hosts past and future, I’m so happy I found these boards – so very helpful for my weight management and FD resolve.

Have a wonderful day all!

Day 30 USA (Illinois) NFD

June has jumped by faster than I thought it would! Whew. Thanks so much @michelinme for guiding us through. I hope to be a more consistent poster in July, but won’t promise. I have a few major activities in my life now (new car, Children’s Museum, and Choral Society) that I have obligations with.

Hugs to you all!

Onward and downward.

Day 30 – Rural Nebraska – FD500 or perhaps WFD

I’m pleased with myself: yesterday’s NFD was well-behaved. Every time I thought of eating, I reminded myself what my planned meals were for the day, and got myself to wait to eat. So this morning, for the first time after an NFD in ages, my gut is entirely happy since I didn’t put too, too much food in it yesterday. Small victories lead to big success!

@funshipfreddie Deep sympathies to you! Similar real estate problems are happening in many areas of the states, and it’s frustrating for buyers/renters!

@mariaelena I chuckled at what you are forced to snack on, LOL!

@funshipfreddie After our trip to Germany in 2017 (or was it Israel in 2019?) I came home and bought an electric kettle and absolutely adore it. But, no, I still don’t use it to make tea. Because the only tea I drink is decaf unsweetened iced tea. 🤣🤣

And that’s all the chatter I have time for today; it took a long time to water, and I need to get to my secretary job. Thanks so much @michelinme for hosting us in June; you were wonderful about responding so nicely to each and every one of us. And @penz, thanks for stepping up to host July!

See you all “over there”!

Dear All

Apologies for my absence but June has been a difficult month – despite managing 6 FDs my NFD were mostly well over my TDEE – sadly have definitely gone off the rails…….and need to find my MOJO sooner than later…..

Will brave the scales tomorrow and press my RESET button with the 31 days of July 2022 with @penz

Many thanks to @michelinme for hosting the Jump in June Challenge 💐

“If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”

Day 30 FD UK

Last day of Jump in June! Yesterday was my first brown basmati rice in ages and I made it into a chocolate rice pudding to have with strawberries – yummy – after a carbtastic speedy supper of eggs & beans So today has been easy to fast not least because i’ve been full on busy and just stopping now.

Forgot to weigh myself this morning but looking forward to my regular Friday weigh day tomorrow to weigh myself out of one challenge and into the next. Supper is a big salad with eggs and a half a baked sweet potato, followed by strawberries. Tomorrow I’ve got a lovely friend staying for the night but I’ve carefully planned supper /Saturday brunch already – woop woop.

@penz whatever day it turned out to be, hope it was a good one! look forward to seeing you over in July 🙂
    @matpi it certainly seems to have knocked you out big time!
    @funshipfreddie well done on your 0.3kg loss!
    @jaifaim sometimes a small gain is a big victory – and a sign we’ve been living life to the full 🙂
    @5413.5 glad you’ve had a good challenge
    @goal10kg wow, well done on your 2.5kg loss in June! There’s nothing like the sense of feeling better in our own skin
    @northgeorgia close is good enough! And it’s very close now….
    @funshipfreddie @mariaelena kettles – who knew?!
    @songbirdme always good to hear your tales of maintenance and busy life
    @stitchincarol what a revelation – self-talk on NFDs to build up the mojo. I will try that rather than letting my hair down 😀

It’s been a pleasure to host the Jump in June! Challenge. It’s certainlygot me back on the waggon which is wonderful. I hit my goal of 182lb early and don’t think i’ve quite hit my revised goal of 180lb but I’ll keep that for an easier start to July. It’s all progress! The difficulty will be as I hit July and am away for 3 weeks, including one at a conference with Very Long Days…

Thank you everyone – it’s been great to journey with you – see you over in July!

I know it’s still June somewhere in the world. Thank you @michelinme for being such a fabulous host. See you in July!

Day 30 Ohio, US — NFD

The morning weigh-in gave some good news: 181.6 lb (82.4 kg), definitely not as bad as I feared. On the other hand, the same weight as of Day 10 and higher than at the start of the month. During the last week and a half or so, my diet has had to change rather drastically. I worked at being careful of how I ate and it seems that there’s more latitude possible in my diet than I thought possible. Interesting …

@michelinme Thanks for being a wonderful and supportive host this month! How do you do your eggs & beans? Scrambled eggs mixed with baked beans?

@northgeorgia Fortunately weight loss is not like horseshoes — close does count! Great job on getting to within 2 lbs of your goal.

@goal10kg 2.5 kg loss is great! Kudos!
    @funshipfreddie I certainly boil a cup of water in the microwave and then put a tea bag in it for a few minutes. Most Americans love coffee and instead of a kettle, the coffee-pot/coffee-maker is a standard kitchen fixture here. I don’t drink coffee due to an unfortunate childhood incident.

USA Day 1. FD

Hi, everyone! I am still in maintenance and am hopefully using FDs to continue to maintain. I did learn that I can’t drink alcohol without gaining, so I will have to severely limit to wine I drink. I haven’t had any in months and that has made all the difference for me.

I should share that my goal was 110 lbs., which I have reached. I am a very small boned 5 ft..4 in. 72 y/o woman, so this weight looks and feel good for me. I have my energy back! Yay!

Thank you, Penz, for ushering us through July. We. greatly appreciate it! 🙂

I hope you all have a wonderful day!

USA. Day 1

I just have to respond to FUNSHIPFREDDIE! I am sorry to say the answer to your query is yes. My father, who was from the UK, would be turning over in his grave over this as he was very particular about how he made tea. I still use a kettle, though! Well, you must know that Americans are always in a hurry and the microwave solves that problem! LOL

Viewing 26 posts - 351 through 376 (of 376 total)

You must be logged in to reply.