July 2021 Challenge

This topic contains 421 replies, has 31 voices, and was last updated by  NorthGeorgia 2 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 50 posts - 351 through 400 (of 441 total)

• Day 23 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 222 lbs. Looking forward to a relaxing Friday and a good FD on Saturday.

Got to run, but hope those on the pocket list have a great day!

Day 23 Canada FD
    Slowly getting back into this and am going to try a FD800 on @at advice.
    Still a good window of time left this month to get rid of the weight.
    Have a wonderful day 😎

Day 23 USA 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸 NFD

U.S.A.! U.S.A.! – Watching the Olympic Opening Ceremony. May International peace prevail.

Onward and downward.

Hello all!
    Quick check in as I’m looking after mum… so warm today and uncomfortably humid… this I don’t like so much!
    I had a really fabulous meal last night in a lovely fancy local restaurant with my pal… an excuse to dress up and enjoy the balmy weather 🥂

@daffodil2010 I think you’ve guessed the parish…great spot for me as close to the airport for travel and beaches and hills for walks and cycles… enjoy your lake trip! 🎣

@flourbaby I’m so glad your buyers are back on board – hurrah!

Enjoy your holiday @i-hate-lettuce – how fantastic that you can get away… 🏖

@songbirdme it’s lovely to see you back online 👋
    @dvw @gkw and @bellyblast we can do this 💪 I need to focus now… and stop running amok- love that word @brightonbelle ☺️.
    Well done @funshipfreddie and @missybear and anyone else who is managing to stick to the plan 😂😂
    Have a lovely weekend everybody!

Onward and downward ⬇️
    We rise by lifting others 💕

Day 24 – Lake district UK – NFD

Good morning everyone

Great evening over at friends last night, small group of us wining and dining with a fabulous view out over the countryside. Can’t beat good company, good food and a lot of laughter.

@funshipfreddie – Yup, brand new ship, huge cabin with double balcony and for Mrs IHL … a walk in wardrobe and dressing area! We know a number of crew onboard and they’re planning things already!

Last bit of garden work today, then some much awaited time for us, being spoiled and pampered. Will catch up when we get back next month 😉

Take care all

Day 24 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@i-hate-lettuce – I’m so envious?! Which cruise line? Don’t keep me in suspense! I spent 15 years working on them, mostly Carnival & Holland America. I was also on the QM2 in 2004 when it was the biggest liner in the world. It was like being a roadie with a rock band; scores of people turning up to see the ship wherever we went. I haven’t actually done a cruise as a passenger yet though. Maybe after I’ve had my 2nd jab & we have less travel restrictions. Enjoy the pampering!

Here we go into the last week of July already; let’s make it count! 🙌

Wishing everyone a nice weekend ⛅️ 🌈

Day 24 UK NFD

Ahh that sound fabulous @i-hate-lettuce , you 2 really deserve a nice break Enjoy 🛳

OK it’s going to be a full on week end but I’ll be back on the straight and narrow first thing Tuesday morning and if I can stay even for July I’ll be happy

Have a good Saturday all

Day 24 – Ireland – NFD

Go Ireland 🇮🇪 in the hockey 🏒 🥅 . I know some of the players so am enjoying the game… go girls 💪

Have a great day all!
    Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 24, London, UK, NFD,

Super quick check-in from me today.

@i-hate-lettuce………….. I’m positively green with envy!!! Sounds fabulous!! I doubt I could doa cruise since that warthog you evicted has definitely set up home in ME!!! Do people manage to be controlled on a cruise or do they ALL bring along their warthogs??!!!

Flat sale is still on, no chicken counting yet, but I know their full names and what they look like, so …………….. they need to sign or they could find a horses head in their bed!!!!

Off to get the housework done. Stay strong over the weekend folks!!!

Day 24 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 225 lbs. Salty explosion yesterday and chowed down harder than I should have done. Stabilize… stabilize and be mindful…

@i-hate-lettuce have a fantastic time!

Pocket list Day 24
    @northgeorgia

Day 24 Minnesota, US CD

Sorry for the absence but I had previous obligations and am now home. I am happy to say that DGD’s team won their State Championship last night in a very exciting and hard fought game. I’m so happy for those girls….they have worked hard for years to bring that trophy home. It’s great to see hard work and patience be rewarded.

@i-hate-lettuce I hope you and Mrs. IHL have a wonderful and memorable cruise holiday! It sounds fabulous!

One week left, about, so let’s all give it our best effort starting Monday (or sooner if it suits), and have a good week to “catapult” us into a successful August.

Best of luck to everyone.

Day 25 – UK – TDEE
    Day 24 – NFD
    Day 23 – FD800
    Day 22 – NFD
    Day 21 was my 4th B2B FD800

A bit of a mixed bag this past week – successful FD800s but NFD were a bit OTT which seems to be a bit of recurrent pattern of late – must work harder to have some control on NFD so my aim for the last week of this challenge is to try very hard to keep my NFD to TDEE 🤞

The hot weather we have been experiencing has been rather draining so very little hiking done but managed to keep up with my regular exercise classes 💪

On Friday I eventually managed to get a hair cut – 8 weeks since my last one and it felt good to get shorn – feeling a lot cooler with very short hair again 😊

Yesterday I had a fab “Wakey Wakey” 90 min, mostly dynamic yoga class, starting at 7am, in the sunshine in a field by Lake Windermere – it was fabulous!

@brightonbelle @emma-taylor @jaifaim @dvw @northerndawn – have any of you tried a dynamic yoga class where you will certainly work up a sweat and feel those muscles the next day!!
    @jaifaim – I would recommend that tart recipe, it was rich but oh so nice – OH, neighbours and I all enjoyed it 😋
    @northgeorgia – good news re your mum 🤞she continues to recover well and hopefully the news from your friend is not as bad as anticipated
    @daffodil2010 – sounds a fab way to spend your weekend – enjoy 🥂
    @i-hate-lettuce – I’m sure you and Mrs IHL will have a lovely time on your much waited for cruise – lots to celebrate after your last year!!
    @flourbaby – good news that the flat sale is back on 🤞 it all goes ahead smoothly now
    @northerndawn – congratulations to your DGD’s team on winning their State Championship 👏

A bit cooler today so I’m out for a hike soon with 3 friends which will hopefully involve a cooling wild swim before a picnic lunch halfway through, then a gentle meander back home……..Right off to pack a light picnic and get organised before meeting with the gang

Back on the fasting bandwagon tomorrow – I’m sure I will have lots of company as we all make an effort for this last week……Has anyone volunteered to take up the hosting baton for August??

“If I quit now, I will soon be back to where I started. And when I started, I was desperately wishing to be where I am now”

Day 25 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

The last 7 days of July!

I’m sure I said this last week, but – one more week of 4:3. I think it’s the only way I’ll shift the last half-kilo, & I want to wake up tomorrow with PFDS. Anyone joining me on the list…?

Happy Sunday! ⛅️🌈

Pocket List – Day 25 🍏
    @funshipfreddie

Day 25 OMAD London -cheat day today!!!

@at – I haven’t tried that yoga, but I think my main problem is ( I should know this by now – I’ve always been like this…) that I hate being told what to do. It probably made me a nightmare in school, and now I think about it, a tricky employee, but I really like to do the opposite of what I’m told to do, and what everybody else is doing. So dancing while I’m ‘supposed’ to be doing yoga suits my not very compliant personality. 😳
    I’m struggling a bit on OMAD at the mo – stretching my eating window and eating for the sake of it, when I’m not even faintly hungry. I need to grow up a bit…

Day 25 On Vacation in Colorado

Hi, everyone! The wedding was fabulous and now we’re back with DD and her family. Extended days at altitude are getting to me: even as I simply sit on the sofa, I’m huffing and puffing. I WANT MORE OXYGEN, LOL!

We go home on Tuesday or perhaps partway and the rest of the way on Wednesday, we’ll see.

I just finished reading everyone’s posts since I was last online, and I love all the great news about cruise ships, state championships, buyers who are back on board, countries that are behaving and all the rest! I’ll chatter again when we get home… And I’ll face the music then, as well! 🥺

Day 25 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 221 lbs. I ate overly well for breakfast (oops), so I have to only eat when hungry the rest of the day and not out of habit!

Hope everyone has a great start to their week!

Day 26, FD, Aus

I’m going for the 5:2 Olympics and chanting to myself FD! FD! FD!

Day 26 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – NFD

Great weekend by a lake surrounded by dragonflies and wild nature. Weight stayed the same so not bad. The weather has broken, it’s dull and cloudy and I was cold last night in bed, boo.

Started back on this Metabolic Renewal exercise program…I had to stop it due to the apoendicitis and surgery….but nearly 6 weeks on I am well enough to tackle the exercises again. It’s only 15 minutes three times a week but it’s sweaty and breathless and burning and hopefully will start toning me up again

My boss is back this week but my new co-worker is now on leave so I face into yet another busy week. Keep calm and carry on.

FD tomorrow,,but controlled today.

Happy Monday. ☺️

Day 26 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

PFDS for me! Only a 0.2 kg difference on the scales, but I’ll take it.

Good news from the president last night. Today we go to a slightly more relaxed level 3; which means from today our bottle stores will be open again! 🥂 🍾 Only Mon – Thurs from 10 – 6, but I’ll take that too.

@flourbaby – to answer your question as to whether everyone takes their inner warthog on a cruise…yes! That’s at least 50% of the fun. Some people never even bother leaving the ship until they’re finally evicted back in their home port.

@penz – I hope you get some company on today’s list…

Pocket List – Day 26 🍇
    @penz

Day 26 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 226 lbs. Last time I weighed this much was a month ago. I don’t even want to talk about it. A 5 1/2 lb gain in one day. Apparently, a little salt converts me into the municipal water storage system LOL

OK, let’s do this.

Pocket List – Day 26 🍇
    @penz
    @northgeorgia

Day 26 – Canada 🇨🇦 – FD

Busy day. Take care all.

Pocket List – Day 26 🍇
    @penz
    @northgeorgia
    @dvw

Day 26 – UK – FD800

Really pleased that despite a 10km hike yesterday I managed to stay well below TDEE 😇

Started today’s FD with my regular 7am 45min Broga class and will finish the day with a 5pm 90min Dynamic Yoga session 💪

Had a fab day hiking with friends yesterday – hot and sunny but a cooling breeze every now and then and with a swim before our picnic lunch to cool off for those who needed one!

@emma-taylor – totally agree that the only regular exercise we tend to stick to are those that we enjoy – finding the ones that work for us is the thing!
    @funshipfreddie – was thinking of you when I placed an order with The Wine Society this morning 😉

I’m aiming for B2B2B2B FD800 again this week – I would love to get back to 57kg at the end of this month 🤞but not sure if that is feasible…….I was not very good for a couple of weeks this month – there was definitely over indulgence with carbs, wine and all things nice – I’m hoping that last week and this one will undo the damage of those 2 week……

Joining the small and select group of fasters today – TOGETHER WE ARE STRONGER!

Pocket List – Day 26 🍇
    @penz
    @northgeorgia
    @dvw
    @at FD800

Day 26, UK, FD

Just a very quick check-in to say that I am fasting today and also plan to do so on Wednesday

Good luck to all… 🙂

Pocket List – Day 26 🍇
    @penz
    @northgeorgia
    @dvw
    @at FD800
    @high5

Day 26 – Ireland – FD

Hello everyone I hope you are well!
    Just a quick check in as it’s a busy day here… just about to have a snack so not doing too badly with this FD.

Have a great day all! I need a good week 💪

Onward and downward ⬇️

Pocket List Day 26 🍇
    @penz
    @northgeorgia
    @dvw
    @at FD800
    @high5
    @jaifaim

Day 26 USA – NFD

All this talk of cruise ships has me wanting to chime in. We have taken about a dozen Caribbean vacations without any of them being a cruise. We chuckle when someone says they “saw” one of the islands from a cruise because we know full well they could not really have seen much besides the port. We stay 7-10 days on an island with a rental car and experience as many beaches as we can.

OH, and how do you avoid “unlimited food and drink” most cruises offer? I feel the same way about “all inclusive” resorts.

@funshipfreddie – green with envy though about your working on them, the QM2 especially.

@i-hate-lettuce – sure hope your cruise experience is terrific despite how I feel about them. 🤪

@northgeorgia – salt has the same effect on me but love your analogy with the water supply!

@stitchincarol – glad you have a great time in Colorado. Summertime in the mountains is oh so different from ski season!

Onward and downward.

Day 27, NFD, Aus

Thanks for putting me on yesterday’s pocket list @funshipfreddie. It was probably more of an 500 calorie day for me, rather than my usual LFD; I don’t quite have your PFDS but I’m not beating myself up over it.

At least we know where to go in a drought, @northgeorgia!

Day 27 – Ireland 🇮🇪 – FD

Let’s do this. Lunch prepped, nothing until then, and a light veg soup for dinner. MFP has it at 300 cals so there is wriggle room.

Slept so well last night, now that hot spell has broken it’s good to get a proper nights sleep. No rain as yet here, but I see parts of England had terrible rain yesterday and western Ireland too, so stay safe everyone.

Going into work early in the hope that I get pending things done (and not end up staying over time), hope this settles soon.

Going to read that article now @penz

Have a good Tuesday.

Pocket list Day 27
    @daffodil2019

Day 27 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – NFD

@penz – interesting article, thanks!

@songbirdme – how do you avoid the unlimited food & drink on a cruise? You don’t! Probably why I started fasting in the first place. In 2014, after 8 years of bobbing on the ocean waves. Thank God for Michael Mosley. Some of the longer cruises have plenty of ‘overnights’, so lots of opportunities to get away from the ship. I was very fortunate. Some of my most memorable cruises – seeing penguins in Antarctica, polar bears by the Arctic Circle, walking the Great Wall of China & going up to the Christ the Redeemer statue in Rio de Janeiro. And working on a yacht in Tahiti, with only about 150 passengers. And they even paid me! Not a lot though 😅

No fasting for me today; got a lunch date. But I’ll be on the list Wed & Fri.

Day 27 – Canada 🇨🇦 – NFD

Good morning everybody. Had an okay FD yesterday and I’ll do another tomorrow and maybe again on Friday. The scales read 133.8 today.

Thanks for the article @penz, very interesting. I guess I’d better pick up those weights again!

Take care all. 😊

Day 27 – Ireland – FD

Hello everyone! I had my first really good FD in a long time yesterday and am tempted to go for another one today but am not 100% committed… if I cycle later things may change….so will see but will join you @daffodil2010 so that you have company on the list and it will help me when o decide later….
    @penz I class a 500 day as a really good day 👍

Have a great day all!

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 27 Pocket List
    @daffodil2010
    @jaifaim

Day 27 OMAD London

@penz – very interesting article. Thank you. I’ve been doing OMAD for over a year now, and I feel really well, but I don’t think I’ve lost much weight. I’m just over my BMI of 25, so it’s not a huge issue for me, but I’d like to weight 12st instead of 13st, and I know it’s largely due to eating when I’m not hungry, and stretching my window beyond 5 hours. I like the woman in the article who does a lot of whingeing about IF but does quite well anyway. If you want it to work, you can’t carry on as you have done before!

Day 27 – USA/GA – NFD

Weigh-in: 222 lbs. Oh well, the plateau continues, and the goal won’t be met this month. I was just holding out hope for a dip into the 210s, but it’s looking less likely as we inch towards the 31st. I’ll do another FD tomorrow and then again on Saturday.

At least my internal water storage is returning to normal levels LOL

Got to run!

Day 27, London, UK, FD,

Well, I’m ‘late on parade’ today as my bimbling friend says😂

It’s all kicking off in South East London, the buyers are back on board as you know, but as another friend is known to say ………………. They want to know the ins & outs of a ducks a*se!!! Crazy!!!
    Anyway, other news hot off the press, I viewed a garden yesterday (yes, it had a house attached😉) ……………… and I put a cheeky offer in that afternoon, offer rejected this morning, so I’ve put another one in, really hoping they cave!!! I’m a desirable buyer because I’m chain free (almost!)🙏🏼🤞🏼🙏🏼🤞🏼

I guess we’re on this forum because we have ‘issues’, it’s no wonder most of us wouldn’t go anywhere near a cruise!!! I truly couldn’t trust myself not to throw caution to the wind & hoover up anything in sight!!!😲😲………………. That’s called self-awareness!!😊

@northgeorgia ……………..”a little salt converts me into the municipal water storage system”🤣🤣🤣Have no fear, those 210’s are but a few FDs away!!!👍🏼👍🏼

@penz, bank that as a FD!!!🥳🥳, I seem to swing from LFDs to EFSDs………………. I would kill for a happy medium, 5x <TDEE & 2x <500FDs …………………. Oh, the good old days!!!!🥺🥺

Keep the faith folks, remember ……………….. You can find inspiration from others, but determination is solely your responsibility.

Day 27 USA – NFD

@funshipfreddie – wow, more to be green with envy from your cruises. Those are all things I would love to see. DH has been on 6 of our 7 continents, so maybe a trip to see penguins on Antarctica will be our one and only cruise sometime.

Onward and downward.

Hi All, I’ve started this WOE this week and determined to make a go of it, no doubt too late for the July challenge, will there be an August one?
    I attempted 5:2 a few years ago but caved as had too much going on in my life, this time I’m ready and focused and determined to get my backside into a size 12 for Christmas!
    Currently 193 lbs, 5ft3 and 4stone to lose!
    Have a great week peeps 🙂 x

Day ?

NFD

Hello All! Is it rude to start a July challenge when it is almost over? If so, please do not hesitate to tell me. It’s just that I’m feeling a strong need for group energy and accountability. I was here quiet a few years ago and enjoyed it so much as well as felt tremendous health benefits.

I will definitely join an August Challenge too, should there be one. I’m not sure if I should name the day everyone else is on, or mine, which is “Day 1”.

I am looking to improve my health and fitness. Three college age children and feeling all the physical “joys” of this stage of life + Pandemic. Haha. I will be reading through posts for inspiration. This group was so incredibly helpful to me several years ago, but some how, I wandered away. Thank you!

London, UK, fasting day.

Hello all. Eating out and not ordering a pudding, instead had a tiny square of fudge with a cappuccino is possible. I did it on Sunday, yeah!

I’m also continuing with the exercise classes online with Barrecore, I try to push on more at each class: hold the positions for longer, more repetitions, maintain better posture throughout the class (and at other times) and 4 classes a week currently. As they are low impact, I find I can do more classes.

Thanks for the article @penz, I don’t know where to do these metabolic tests, somehow I don’t think the GP would oblige when there are all sorts of pressure on the NHS. So I will continue with the fasting and exercising, I just hope I’m gaining the benefits and somehow lose some fat in the middle along the way.

Day 27 Minnesota, USA CD

@edzeko – I remember you from a few years ago, and welcome back. Never ever too late to start because the “challenge” is to meet whatever are the goals you choose. Please do start your post with the current day of the month and your general location, and then whether a FD, NFD or something else. Great to have you here!

@charliebrown43 – Welcome to you as well! AS I said above, please start your post with the day of month, your location, and what kind of day (FD, NFD, OMAD?) you are planning to have. The goal of this last week of July is whatever you would like it to be. Perhaps, just a good FD under 500cals, for instance.

My last post was on Saturday, Day 24. I have been working outside like a fiend in our brutally hot drought to try to save the dozens of fruit trees and bushes we planted last fall. Weed, water, and refresh/add mulch. Repeat dozens of times. As of this afternoon, we are under an extreme heat advisory. The temperature of 91F (32.2C) mixed with the humidity makes it “feel” like 100F (37.8C).
    Tomorrow it will be even worse, so I have no plans to be out after about 9 am. Finally, on Thursday, the humidity will go down and the temps will be in the high 80’s. Somewhat strange to look forward to such a high temperature.

@funshipfreddie – What wonderful experiences you have had cruising the world! My DH has never gotten over watching the Poseidon Adventure,😆,so maybe only an Alaskan cruise, he says.

@flourbaby – fingers crossed for your garden dreams and flat sale.

@at – I haven’t tried dynamic yoga, and I think you are right that I might like that. But I do believe I will wait until this fall and winter to look into it. Working in the back “garden” is enough to get me stiff, sore and working up a sweat right now.

I’ve had a couple of good controlled days and thinking of a FD tomorrow.

I am wondering also if anyone would like to host the next challenge? It really is not a difficult thing to do, what with all of the give and take, advice, support and chatter amongst everyone on the challenges……they really rather run themselves once they are set up. How much time you need to spend on it is really determined by what you want and are able to do. Please do think of hosting; you can copy and paste the first couple posts from the challenges that lay out the rules and abbreviations. Then add as you would like of your own thoughts. The rest will unfold naturally. There is no need to worry about this group.

I will probably not be able to post after Friday, the 30th, and will be away all of the first week of August, and also the last week. Perhaps, even a week in the middle.

See you tomorrow!

Day 27 – traveling on interstate 80, headed home to Nebraska

I’ll step up to host August; we will be staying home all month, and I’ll need all the accountability I can get.

I’ll get things started soon.

Day 28, NFD, Aus

Shocking night’s sleep which I know means I’ll be tempted to overeat today to help me stay awake and focussed. Alternatively, it could mean I’m just to lazy to venture out to the café…

Welcome newbies!! @charliebrown43 – I’m sure there’ll be an August challenges; after all this forum has been going for years! @edzeko, never too late to join. Read the first few posts in this challenge for the “rules” (such as they are). You use the day of the month – as we’re a lovely global forum I’m kicking off day 28, while for some folk, it still might be their Tuesday on the other side of the world.

I’m sure you’re getting the benefits, @gkw, esp with your barrecore classes!

Ahhh… it’s Wednedsay. I did so miss you and your camels @funshipfreddie!

Second post.

@penz – Thanks-How good of you to clarify what I said to @charliebrown43 and @edzeko regarding the posting rules! I was rushed for time when I posted. I hope you get a second wind and your day goes well.

@stitchincarol – Thank you so much for volunteering to host our August Challenge. You are a Star!! 🏅✨⭐️🌟 And, of course, you will be wonderful, as you were the last time! Thank you, again.

Day 28 – South Africa 🇿🇦 – FD

Welcome to @charliebrown43 & @edzeko

@northerndawn – “My DH has never gotten over watching the Poseidon Adventure” 😅 Oddly enough, one of my all-time favourite movies is ‘Titanic’; yet in the 15 & a half years I worked on the ships, I don’t ever remember feeling like I was in danger for a moment; despite doing several Atlantic crossings, & the waves sometimes hitting the windows of the casino. Alaska is stunning, btw.

@stitchincarol – thanks so much for volunteering to host August 🤗

An extra camel for @penz
    Happy Hump Day! 🐪 🐫

Pocket List – Day 28 🍒
    @funshipfreddie

Day 28 – Ireland – FD

Hi all and welcome @charliebrown43 and @edzeko! Great to have you here!

Not a bad day yesterday but not quite a FD more FD 800. Today I will go for my second FD of the week… 👍

Have a great day all!

Onward and downward ⬇️

Day 28 Pocket List 🍒
    @funshipfreddie
    @jaifaim

Day 28 – Canada 🇨🇦 – FD

Good morning everybody. Will try for a good FD today, still searching for my mojo. Scales said 133.2 today. My next goal is 128, so close but it seems so far away. 🙁

Must mow the lawn today, it will be sunny and 19C and I’m already dreading the heat! I will think of you @northerndawn and count my lucky stars. Thanks for hosting this month.

@flourbaby – good luck with your home adventures.
    @stitchincarol – thanks for stepping up, much appreciated. Welcome home!
    @funshipfreddie – I’ve heard such good things about the cruises to Alaska. It’s on my bucket list. 😊

Take care all.

Pocket List – Day 28 🍒
    @funshipfreddie
    @jaifaim
    @dvw

Day 28, London, UK, NFD,

Wow, I was just thinking I would have 3 posts on the same page and we were getting a bit thin on the ground, when lo & behold up pops @charliebrown43 & @edzeko!!🥳🥳 You’re very welcome to join us, these challenges may be monthly but we’re facing a daily battle!!!😝

Yesterday was a super successful FD, too busy to eat, so I ended the day at <250 cals!!😲 I was aiming for OMAD, but having rushed home to batch cook a humungous pot of chilli, I just had a small bowl of soup. There’ll be lots of portioning tonight so I can stock up my mums freezer!!!🍲

Yay for you @stitchincarol, thanks for stepping up🤗!! Of course you’ll put twice as much effort into successful FDs when you’re hosting!!!😮😮

If I was ever considering a cruise, @funshipfreddie has helped tremendously!!! …………………..”the waves sometimes hitting the windows of the casino” ……………… So, Nope, not for me, never, ever!!!!🤢🤢🥺

Stay strong everyone, we’ve got this!!!!

Day 28 UK NFD

Morning , sorry I’ve been AWOL just been so busy entertaining visitors down for a long weekend , waved them off yesterday so looking to get back into my usual routines gearing up for August, thanks @stitchincarol for volunteering

Day 28 – USA/GA – FD

Weigh-in: 224 lbs. Happy to start this FD, but a little more somber. I reflected yesterday and did some data checking this morning. @i-hate-lettuce indirectly warned me a few months back, and so I’ve made a decision to stop 4:3 and ADF. It’s not sustainable and frankly, it’s not working any magic over 5:2. I will return to a 5:2 purist next month and -may- do an occasional 4:3. The Dr. Peppers are flying off of my shelf faster than I can count, and candy and chips are sneaking back in. I am making myself too hungry, causing binge fests and snacking horrors on days “I can eat.” Wrong, wrong, wrong!

Here is the data that I have collected:

January (5:2; two wks 4:3) 232 to 228
    February (5:2; one wk 4:3) 229 to 227
    March (5:2; one wk 4:3) 229 to 224
    April (5:2; one wk 4:3) 223 to 223
    May (5:2; two wks 4:3) 226 to 220

But for June and July, I had a week off 5:2, did 5:2 a couple of times, and the rest ADF or 4:3/3:4. The results?
    June 1: 223. June 30: 223. July 1: 224. July 28: 224. Fluctuations were wild, between 220 and 226 lbs.

So, I’ve decided go back to a simple 5:2. Enjoy my meals, wean myself off of the junk, and cut out the empty calories to below my next goal’s TDEE as I did back in March and May. I have to be more disciplined and responsible on NFDs for this to start working. The extra FDs just made me hungrier and cravings more intense.

Good luck to us on the pocket list today!

Pocket List – Day 28 🍒
    @funshipfreddie
    @jaifaim
    @dvw
    @northgeorgia

Day 28 – Wisconsin, USA – FD

Thank you for the welcome! I read as many posts as I could and look forward to reading more. Today is the first day back on the wagon in a while. I remember last time there was a learning curve for me. The first few weeks seemed excruciating on FD’s. I couldn’t fathom how some people on here seemed to manage so well as I was completely preoccupied with hunger. Then, after a few weeks, my body did adjust. It was a great experiment. I know I am blessed to live in an age, location and economy where so much intention and planning is required in order to not overeat. But, here we are.

At almost 50-years-old, I have a new softness in the middle that is the result of hormone shifts, choosing to use all my free time to rehab our home vs. exercise as I used to do, and new habits of eating and drinking more that started and have stuck around since the start of our quarantine.

I wish you all a wonderful day!

Thank you @stitchincarol for starting an August challenge.

Day 28 – Rural Nebraska, USA – NFD…CD?

There comes a point that DH just cannot stand to spend another dollar he could find a way to save. So, even though we dallied yesterday and didn’t leave our daughter’s until well after one o’clock in the afternoon, he assured me with love and encouragement and determination that he could drive us the entire eleven hours home. 😂🤣🤷‍♀️💞 So here I am on my sofa, after a good night’s sleep, showered and ready for the day.

And it’s a good thing he was so insistent, because there’s always a lot to do when you get home from eight days away.

The wonderful thing was that I’m a pound lower than when we left. That’s certainly not because I showed restraint in the first few days, but the most recent two had truly restrained eating, and I’m delighted by the scale. Now to begin the big push to get back to where I was at Easter, and go lower than that besides.

I need to scoot, but it’s lovely to be back and I look forward to catching up on the posts I didn’t manage to read yet!

Today? I choose resolve. Commitment. A long memory that holds on to my goals and doesn’t let a moment’s indifference destroy my day’s discipline. I wish you all the same!

Viewing 50 posts - 351 through 400 (of 441 total)

You must be logged in to reply.